Saturday August 15th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

196 Responses to Saturday August 15th – Open Thread

1. citizen817 says:

2. Garrison Hall says:

Happy Caterday, Treepers!

This scrappy little kitty is fearless despite being tiny. . .

3. Deplorable_Infidel says:

The Bible On The Floor

By Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

“…Thou hast magnified Thy Word above all Thy name” (Psa. 138:2).

As I passed by my study the other night, I noticed that I had left a Bible lying on the floor next to a chair. In studying I had put it down momentarily to consult a reference book and had neglected to pick it up again.

Now, as I caught a fleeting glimpse of that blessed Book lying there, it bothered me; in fact it bothered me enough to make me go back and pick it up and put it where it belonged.

Then I began wondering why so trivial a matter had troubled me. Was it because I remembered how dad would never allow anything to lie on top of the Bible? Had mere sentiment confused my thinking?

Surely the Word of God is forever settled in heaven and that book lying on the floor was only paper, ink and a leather cover. Or was it? Was it not also the Word of God as given to us? And as such, was it not representative of God Himself? If our country’s flag must be treated with honor and respect; if it is sacrilege to treat it as mere cloth, how much more is this so where the Holy Bible is concerned!

No, it was not merely dad’s example that came to mind as I saw the Bible lying there: certainly it was not only that. Rather it was a Scripture passage of which he often reminded us; the inspired words of David quoted above:

“Thou hast magnified Thy Word above all Thy name.”

To be sure God would have us use His Word as a textbook from which to learn His will. It is no sign of reverence for this great Book to leave it lying untouched on the shelf. He would have us use it and study it, perhaps underlining important passages and marking significant connections. But with all this we must never forget to treat it with the reverence and honor due the written Word of God.

Psalm 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

• littlequilterkitty says:

Thank you for sharing this! It was mind-blowing–please listen if you can. It’s 1 hour and 22 minutes long, but well worth it!

• thrawlbrauna says:

It is being banned and shadow banned…

• I put this up because the ugly and evil plan of dominance above is to allow them to do this:

That is the trafficking of human side.

The other part, the organ harvesting off of live babies and the perfectly formed babies aborted seconds before full birth sold for some of the most unspeakable and malevolent degeneracy…between these two alone (the drive to eradicate our elderly to avoid costly medical treatments for people that the elite have already written off as dead weight is yet another aspect, along with the Downs babies genocide and the race to determine the worth of a fetus if gene explorations shows them to be imperfect) is enough to make people want to throw up or grab some rope which they can hang over a sturdy branch and hang these people.

Law enforcement so that they can behave in ways that make Nero look like a choir boy.

Praying for the souls of these who have thrown off their humanity as if it is something offensive to them…. It is a very difficult task and only knowing that Christ saw THEM from the cross and prayed for them can persuade me to do it.

• thrawlbrauna says:

They knew.. .The NSA may not look at everyone in the 72 hours they have the data.. but these other groups that have ex-filtrated our data for 20+ years know who all the pedo people are and what they are doing.. They know who is dirty in politics and who has secrets they can leverage.. Notice all the executives, corporate honchos, politicians and other rich or famous creeps that seem to be working together. This explains a lot but likely doesn’t expose everything..

• covfefenow says:

The woman Minnie Weaver who produced this was just arrested! Better archive this movie before it goes away.

• covfefenow says:

• Blue Wildflower says:

We watched it! This is amazing and filled in many holes from what we know. This shows the corruption from the Brennan side by two employees. Can we trust all the information? Everything appeared on the up and up, but what do I know? I turn to the knowledgeable people here.

• thrawlbrauna says:

Agreed. One of the two leakers said “It’s become a boutique market”. All social media is based on this concept and likely this info is ‘incomplete’. But now that people know this is here and we know it exists we can all fight to expose the rest of their tools and programs..

Time to break feature phones any IOT devices and stop using any/all social media..

• zozz1 says:

Someone sent me the link to “Shadowgate” and I watched….how real or true is this? It is scary, for sure.

• “Life After Google” by George Gilder…and also look up his many interviews (his with Mark Levin is very good) and also Brendan Eich’s TED talk. (Brendan is the former CEO of Mozilla and inventor of Java who was forced to resign because a PRIVATE donation of $1000 that he gave to prop 8 (CA protection of traditional marriage, which we passed but courts overturned) caused a BLM like mob to harass him into resignation.

These mobs on the streets have been cancelling in our work cultures for years now.

• I Hear You Now says:

thrawlbrauna … here’s an alternate link to the full video in this article …

4. Margot says:

This song is dedicated to those two FBI lovebirds, Pete n’ Lisa: Sammy Kershaw, Third Rate Romance

5. NICCO says:

LORD,i thank you that you continue to keep President Donald John Trump in your hands,we cover him and his family with the precious blood of Jesus Christ and that the fire of your Holy Spirit surround them with the fire of your glory according to Zachariah 2;5 ,that no plot,no plan,no power,no principality and no demon in hell will prosper.He will not be impeached,assassinated or harmed in any way and that no weapon formed against him or his family and this nation shall prosper.Lord we thank you and glorify your holy name,in Jesus name we pray,Amen

6. Garrison Hall says:

• amwick says:

I am slowly (and painfully if you ask Hubby) teaching myself to play piano. This is not musical theory,, it is much simpler.. Every time I see a video like this, I am transfixed..
      Even though I am still playing simple tunes, I have discovered something.. You will see that there is no music on the piano, none… and for a long time I wondered about how these complicated pieces could be memorized… Now I know.

7. sunnydaze says:

Not sure who is more impressive, the child whose got such rhythm, or the adult who can still bounce around on their knees like that! People in comments say this is NOLA.

• Ray Runge says:

Jackson Square. As a previous N.O resident, Jackson Square is the place to be the week after Mardi Gras. An excess of local and national talent collects here. Tuba Skinny recordings added by Garison Hall perform a few blocks away on Royal St.

Both memories and the next experience await in wonderful street entertainment.

• Texian says:

As a youngster I worked a summer job delivering produce.. the truck driver I rode with said he was just trying to make a few bucks to tie him over..

some years later I was hanging outside a nightclub, still too young to get in.. so he came out to me.. walked right out of the club onto the sidewalk jammin’ on his guitar.. he winked and gave me a big smile.. and played the whole song right there on the street for me..

it was the truck driver..

• Raymond arroyo said that New Orleans is spoiled because they have such an integrated community that is so close that none of this stuff outside touches them

• Michael Fox says:

Boy does that kid on a kazoo bring back memories!

The very early 60’s, a sultry summer’s night in Disneyland on the riverboat, among a crowd of exuberant folks enjoying the pop music of the era from a live Dixieland jazz band.

I’m just a tyke about this little fella’s age, with my parents and my four years older sister.

The guy carousing the floor serving drinks from a huge round tray is the coolest black man with the smoothest dance moves I’d ever seen.

When Chubby Checker’s “The Twist” starts playing, this smooth movin’ fellow heads directly to my sister and invites her to dance the twist with him. She brusquely refuses and fades behind the furniture.

He then turns to me and proffers the same enticement.

Being at the age of innocence, and lacking any inhibitions, not to mention loving the song and singing along every time it played on the radio, I twisted for the next couple of minutes as if my entire purpose of being born was solely for that moment in time.

The song ended, the crowd erupted, the smooth mover gave me a free Ginger Ale and a,

“Pop me, daddio!”

My parents faces kept waffling from shock, surprise and pride, all the while cheering on their little boy.

Needless to say, I was flying high above cloud nine, chugging my Ginger Ale and chomping on my glory!

However, in my peripheral vision, I noticed one person who seemed to not appreciate the finer elements of dancing “The Twist.” I surmised that fairly easily by the winced facial scowl.

Well, many years later, I ascertained that my sister’s lifelong distaste for me probably originated on the night I may have actually done the Twist more enthusiastically than the smooth mover and even Chubby Checker himself.

Ahhh, the 60’s in Southern California, good times for an innocent oblivious kid…

I wasn’t even aware of the Watts riots in the next town in ‘65, other than the sky being black for two or three days when a tire company caught on fire. We just continued playing ball and having normal summer fun.

Oh, and nobody ever thought of making us wear masks for our protection from all the rubber cloud fallout. We were far more likely to get an eye shot out with BB guns, literally.

Good times…

I believe we were a far better society when we didn’t feel the need to impose the “adult” world on to our children, thus robbing them of their childhoods and their innocence.

Sorry, a little soapbox statement there.

And sorry also for such a long post. It’s funny how memories just come gushing in sometimes.

8. ImpeachEmAll says:

Just say’n… 😉

Dr. Paul Cottrell update on
    covid-19 contents and creation…

• lmk408 says:

Thank you. I listen to Paul from time to time. He’s normally ‘clinical’ and ‘calm’. The Paul in this interview is ‘no holds barred’ and ‘passionate’. His call to action hits home–our freedom and liberty is at stake.

9. Magabear says:

One of Magabear’s irrefutable truths of life: A tooth will always break after 5pm on a Friday when you have no hope of getting hold of a dentist until Monday morning. 😒

10. terriertuff says:

I just read another article about another church in California refusing to adhere to the state closure mandates. I know many conservatives are quick to write off the state, but I believe God is moving over it. I believe He is using these pastors as beacons in the darkness. Couple this with many counties pushing back. I am hoping this move of God washes over them, their neighbors to the north, and across this nation and the world. In Jesus’ Name. Thank You Lord. Amen and Amen!

• A couple of weeks ago, in my anger at the rest of the nation that had written us off after we’ve steadfastly encouraged other states, I said that California’s history of overcoming tyranny is long. Zorro is fiction but it gives you a mixed portrayal of the first Spanish occupation and then Mexican occupation that saw a California ruled by people so very similar to the elites of today.

There HAVE been major major pushbacks but of course the media won’t cover it so you don’t see them.

And we have been blessed by a surge in faith, be it prayer vigils or rosary vigils…and great priests showing the bishops what true stewardship to God looks like.

We are only this way for 50 or so years. The early 60s to mid 70s, my youth, this place was an agricultural paradise and a place that somebody from Kansas or Nebraska would have been able to adapt to quickly. We were as friendly as they and our doors were open, our schools were locally overseen and communities went to the aid of their neighbors.

Some of we native Californians are here by necessity, but if we cannot leave we’re not going to ignore God’s mission to take back this state that so loves its wine, but now wants to wipe out the saint who brought missions AND vineyards up and down the state. Saint Junipero Serra did nothing bad for the Indians, but those wanting to demonize him have done nothing good for the Indians, though they’ve exploited them like every other group they’ve demorallized by labeling them victims and entitled.

No, do not count California out, but if you do….just watch.

• MagaMia says:

❤️🇺🇸

• JustaGuyNamedBob says:

NOTHING is written off, California BELONGS to the USA!!! Those who follow the Lord concede NOT one small morsel of land here in the USA.. We are called to occupy the world until HE comes back.

The following are texts about lands and boundaries:
        Do not move an ancient boundary stone set up by your forefathers. Prov. 22:28

10 Do not move an ancient boundary stone or encroach on the fields of the fatherless,
        11 for their Defender is strong; he will take up their case against you. Prov. 23:10

Texts about occupying the land can be found in the book of “Joshua”.

• JustaGuyNamedBob says:

There are plenty of great Americans of all faiths still in California. The fewer that are left there in California the better the reward for those who STAND firm for THESE UNITED STATES. We love each one of you…

• piper567 says:

terrier, our church opened May 31st, and the visitors have been unbelievable!!
      SO many have come simply because we are open, and now have become “regulars’.
      God uses methods we oftentimes overlook.

• terriertuff says:

That is wonderful Piper! Praise God! In the article I read, the pastor of the church in Thousand Oaks said they normally had about 600 on Sundays prior to the virus, and now they are seeing 2000 every week! What you wrote and articles like these give me hope He is answering our prayers. Imagine CA red again–and the message that would send not only across the USA, and to DC, but to the world!

• terriertuff says:

11. terriertuff says:

12. Lucille says:

Happy Cat Bench Caturday….

Have a blessed day!

• Ad rem says:

Blessings in return Lucille!

• Lucille says:

Thanks, Ad Rem! At the moment I’m also listening to a wonderful pianist named Evgeny Genchev from Bulgaria, having discovered him in some youtube vids accompanying cellist Luka Sulic (of 2CELLOS fame) that were posted recently. They attended the Royal Academy of Music, London, at the same time around 2010, I think.

Evgeny wrote: We recorded it from our homes in Budapest and Maribor (Slovenia) while in isolation.

• son of mainecoonman says:

My kitten’s name is Reuben

He destroys cushions
      His life is filled with awe at the beauty and wonder of this world
      He is sometimes disobedient
      He is always loving and forgiving
      He is a creature of God.

• tappin52 says:

My husband and I took in a feral cat one fall in an effort to help her through the winter. It was a bit of effort to get her comfortable with us but it was a wonder to watch her learn what our house was all about

She would look at every picture on the wall and every piece of furniture. She would peer into the fridge and hide in the lower level of the house.

Now she sleeps at my husband’s feet and follows him around like he is a king. She allows me to share the house with them. But she has shredded door frames and curtains and comforters.

She does keep us rodent free, so we will just replace the trim when she is gone.

• son of mainecoonman says:

She has been blessed and so have you. Shredded furnishings are a small price to pay.

• jtrstill says:

Antique furniture sellers in France call that “La manouire chat”. It’s a description of upholstery that a kitty has gotten ahold of. I don’t think I spelled it right, my French is from long ago, and my memory is failing.

• dasantacroce says:

We just took in a little girl cat wandering the neighborhood several months ago; one of many over 33 years. She moved in on my desk in the office. She still lets me us the desk but she wants it clean! And the AC on.

• amwick says:

These are just so sweet… TY…

• Blue Wildflower says:

Wonderful!

13. Ragle Gumm says:

Hello Everyone,
    I would like to share some thoughts. It is unfortunate that we, as a people, as a culture, have forgotten our Christian heritage to the point where we cannot recognize when it is right in front of us. For example, the snake around the pole is from the Book of Numbers, the saying ‘fly in the ointment’ is also from the Bible, names like Shiloh, etc. A great many people do not recognize these concepts as being biblical.
    It is not only with the English language that this is happening. It is happening in other languages, as well. For example, when we say ‘Adios’ in Spanish. It is not good bye. Rather, it is ‘A Dios’. As in, I give you ‘to G-d’ for safe keeping while you travel. The same idea applies to the French word ‘Adieu’, which means ‘To G-d’. ‘Adieu’ is ‘A Dieu’ To say your welcomed in these languages is Gracias and Merci, which are the Christian concepts of grace and mercy. I told this to a French speaking person the other day and mentioned the obvious origins of adios and adieu. That person was actually surprised by it. We use it everyday and miss what is in front of us.
    There was a time when our cultural lives were steeped within the Christian ideas and reverence as shown by the very language itself. We are surrounded by Christian ideas, like to be judged by 12, to argue the facts of the crime and only the facts which is straight out of the Book of Deuteronomy, to be helpful to a stranger, which is also from the Book of D. There is so much more.
    But, just like the Book of Judges, when Israel fervently worshipped her G-d, G-d rewarded Israel with peace and plenty, and Israel got fat, dumb, and lazy and forgot her G-d, G-d has a way of reminding us of his magnificent presence. I do hope that we, as a people, snap out of it and get back to the one, true G-d before He takes action.

I think that it was Larry Elder who said the in the 60’s the blacks had an out of wedlock birthrate of 40 percent and whites was like 5 percent. Now, it is 70 percent and 40 percent, respectively. These numbers can only go down by returning to the Christian Faith.

• rahrahred says:

Such as the tradition of saying “God bless you” when someone sneezes…that’s been shrunk to just “Bless you.” I make a point of referencing God and not censoring his name. With the scamdemic hysteria…if anyone sneezes now it’s a glaring stare and run for the hills response. We need to hold true to uplifting God honoring traditions.

• Chump Change says:

Agreed. Without God in your heart the devil has plenty of room to set up shop.

We left the Methodist church after rainbow flags went up and Christ’s gospels became secondary.

We finally found the OCA website (Orthodox Church of America), found a local parish and we’ve finally found a home. The OCA allows priests to marry and does not tolerate any wokeness. In fact, one parishioner insisted that the parish accept his son as a female, and that family was asked to leave the church.

If you haven’t been to an Orthodox service, I think that all Christians might find the “non-woke, non-Pope” apostolic faith that they have been yearning for.

• amwick says:

Social media is doing things to our language… My mother, who was not strict at all, she didn’t like taking the Lord’s name in vain. She would correct me I did that, and to this day I really don’t… You all know what I am talking about, the common comment in text

Oh Em Gee, I see it all the time.

She is gone a long time now,, but some things you learn as a child kinda stick with you..

• budklatsch says:

A German greeting is ‘GrÜss Gott’ also of biblical origen. In fact, our word God is derived from the German word gut meaning good.

• budklatsch says:

• boogywstew says:

Maybe the single most beautifully sung song in history. Won a Grammy for Roberta Flack who was especially moved the day she recorded it because her cat, Flack, died two days before. You gotta give credit to Clint Eastwood on this one. He approached Ms Flack to see if she’d let him use it in his directorial debut, “Play Misty For Me”. She agreed and told him she wanted to re-record it. He told he wanted it the way it was and the exposure in the movie turned it into a smash hit.

• “ Maybe the single most beautifully sung song in history” ♥️

• Lucille says:

A funny little story about “Play Misty For Me.” The script floated around for a short while and was given to my boss who didn’t really want to bother with it. So she told me to read it and give a synopsis and opinion as to its viability. I did the work and gave it back to her, saying it’s a nothing, very predictable script and to forget about producing it. LOL!

A couple of days went by and she stopped in my office after a production meeting to say, “Guess what! Clint Eastwood’s production company is going to take on ‘Play Misty’ and he’s going to star and direct.” Hahahaha! So much for my discernment!

Clint saw what others didn’t and chose a fine lead actress, Jessica Walter, who played the crazed female to perfection, making the film one of scariest ever when it comes to off-center male-female stalking relationships. He was terrific at both the acting and directing (the first film he directed as I recall). If it hadn’t been for Clint, that script would likely have remained one of the thousands of rejects that get shelved every year.

• I just saw some twenty somethings ‘reacting’ to hearing this a couple of weeks ago…it was magical. Then I saw them watch Gladys Knight & The Pips with ‘Midnight Train to GEorgia” and it was a delight to behold these rappers absolutely enchanted and clearly longing for our time then and the words of love that are absent in today’s blame and despair laden noise fusions.

• ImpeachEmAll says:

Just say’n… 😉

Has been posted by several members.

Example: https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/08/15/saturday-august-15th-open-thread/#comment-8626026

• Blue Wildflower says:

It has been posted several times here on the Treehouse. I would love to have Sundance’s opinion. He may be too busy, he has a lot going on. Prayers are with you!

• Patience says:

WOW !!!!!
        >wow…………………

Trump knows
        #WeKnow

• Margot says:

So I watched the whole thing, absolutely fascinating and chilling. Especially the part about Cambridge Analytica. That was of particular interest to me. As I recall, during the first campaign, Trump went through three “teams”, so to speak. First there was Corey Lewandowski (the cleanest of the bunch, in my opinion). Then Paul Manafort. And wonder of wonders, WHO came after Manafort and supposedly dragged Trump across the finish line? Why, it was Steve Bannon, the Mercers and Cambridge Analytica and hmm, wasn’t Kellyanne Conway part of that whole bunch?

Anyway, just connecting some dots here, because if I recall correctly, Sundance has mentioned an advisor close to the President. Could that be Kellyanne and/or Steve Bannon? Kellyanne, of course, is still with the administration. Steve Bannon claims to be the President’s “wingman” and has his “War Room”, which is heavily promoted by certain “conservative” media outlets.

Stay tuned.

14. Sepp says:

. . . but deliver us from the Evil One.

15. Texian says:

[3 / 5]

16. Feisty Hayseed says:

Infowars reporter Millie Weaver uploaded a livestream video of a police officer showing up to her home claiming a grand jury indicted her and that she is under arrest.

In the video, Weaver said she never received any notice in the mail and had “no idea why” she was being arrested.

“Guys, I’m literally about to break huge breaking news right now and I’m being arrested,” she told the camera.

Millie’s husband, Gavin, can be heard off-camera telling her, “We’re being charged with burglary.”

“Burglary?” she responded. “For what?”

“They won’t say,” he answered.

17. Feisty Hayseed says:

The teaser for the Documentary that Millie Weaver was about to drop.

The material presented in this documentary should concern people of all political affiliations given elected officials are not the shadow government. This is about real players who’s names never come up but should. Corrupt carrier politicians are definitely part of the beltway swamp, even aspects of the deep state, but they are not the shadow government. Two whistleblowers, who worked extensively within the Shadow Government as contractors have come forward with revelations that may be the biggest whistleblowing event to date.

18. Feisty Hayseed says:

What They Don’t Want You To See

• Feisty Hayseed says:

Sorry! To watch the video see “thrawlbrauna says:” above

• ImpeachEmAll says:

Just say’n… 😉

Here you be…

• Feisty Hayseed says:

Thanks Buddy! Appreciate it! I messed it up somehow.

The Documentary “ShadowNet” is very scary. Internet / Social Media Influence / Psychological Operations run by very powerful and cruelly vindictive characters who elevate and take out whoever best serves their interests. Power and money acquired/ by ruthless people without any morality or conscience I think they call those people “sociopaths”.

19. cheryl says:

Four Tankers Carrying Iranian Oil ‘Confiscated’ By Trump’s DOJ

For the first time, the United States confiscated cargo in ships loaded with Iran fuel in violation of sanctions and it was the largest confiscation of its kind from anywhere. At the beginning of July, the DOJ sued to get permission to seize the four tankers of oil that Iran was sending to Venezuela. The court gave the DOJ the go-ahead and the US Centcom seized the ships on Aug. 12th.

20. Dora says:

21. Dora says:

22. Dora says:

23. son of mainecoonman says:

An omen (also called portent or presage) is a phenomenon that is believed to foretell the future, often signifying the advent of change. People in ancient times believed that omens bring a divine message from their gods

24. ImpeachEmAll says:

Just say’n… 😉

History review, on this day. Let this sink in…

If Japan did not surrender on 15 August 1945,
    a third atomic bombing was planned.

• rah says:

And after that 3rd bomb it would be some time before another bomb was ready because more plutonium and/or uranium 235 would have to processed .

In my view the fire bombings of Japan and the decimation of the merchant ships required to sustain a maritime nation were the grinding factors that set the stage for the atomic bombs to have the desired effect.

The use of the A-bombs was absolutely the right thing to do.

By January 1944 caloric intake for the average Japanese civilian had dropped to only 85% of that required for sustenance. By the end of the year it was at 80%. it only continued to get worse. In any famine it is the infants and children that suffer the highest mortality. So those that propose a blockade as a solution to avoid the use of the A-bombs are saying it would be better to slowly starve the civilians of Japan to death than to kill and maim a smaller number by the use of the bombs.

The Japanese islands are mountainous. In the event the invasions of the home islands were carried out the 5-7,000 kamikazes the Japanese had stockpiled would have come over those mountains which would mask the US Navy radar from their approach. Orders had already been given for the pilots to concentrate their strikes on the troops ships and not on the war ships as had been the case all the times before when the Kamikazes had been used. Coming from over land the troop ships of the invasion force would not have the screen of warships between them and their attackers as they had at Okinawa.

Any blockading fleet would have also been the objective of kamikazes.

That same terrain limited the potential landing beaches severely so that the Japanese knew what coastline and high speed LOCs they would have to defend.

But in the end, factors that effected Truman’s decisions had more to do with some facts not as often discussed. The bottom line was that the American people and the other allies wanted their boys home. The political pressure to end the war and get it over with was steadily mounting. The preparations to transfer the US warriors from Europe to invade Japan after a leave at home was barely tolerable for the US public. And troop morale was showing signs of declining. There was proportionally about 20% more cases of self inflicted wounds among US ground forces engaged on Okinawa than had been documented in any previous island campaign in the Pacific.

• Jim in TN says:

Wish I remembered where I heard it, but I heard that we could produce about 2 plutonium bombs per month. But the uranium for a bomb was not so easily made.

Many different ways of separating uranium were attempted. It was much more efficient to take partially separated uranium and put it in a reactor where plutonium was created and then chemically separate the plutonium.

Also, the scale of production is just so much greater in a reactor. This keeps cropping up in medical isotope production. Reactors get taken off-line creating massive shortages in the supply. This creates periodic ‘chicken-little’ type scares. Great pushes are made to create non-reactor isotope producing machines. But the moment another reactor is brought back on-line, those machines just can’t compete. But the simple truth is that those machines could never provide the quantity of isotope that the reactors have been supplying, and the cost is so much higher.

That General’s insistence that we could not have another bomb is a strong indicator that the Japanese Army knew quite a lot about what it would take to make Uranium bombs, but probably had not yet understood the use of uranium in making plutonium bombs. Though it is still possible they understood both. If they were able to identify the bomb type at Hiroshima, some other bit of arrogance and ignorance could combine to make that false certainty.

BTW, as a designer of medical isotope machines, I would love for them to become so needed that we could be mass producing them. That would bring the price down quite a bit. But reactor made isotopes will still be cheaper. (Not only do you make so much more, you get to pay for the reactor by selling electricity.)

25. ImpeachEmAll says:

Just say’n… 😉

Double Standard…

26. rah says:

Truckers report. Runs this week and stressors.

Tuesday 01:00 depart for TENNECO in Smithville, TN with a trailer full of parts and unusually heavy for runs to this customer. Delivered at 06:30 as scheduled.

From Smithville, I took the empty trailer down to the BASF/XPO facility by the airport in Huntsville, AL. It was during this leg that I went through Lynchburg, TN and saw the school open and kids out. On arrival at BASF I went directly into door 9 and was loaded with the usual. But this load was unusually light and had only two orders on it instead of the normal 5 or 6.

After being loaded and the trailer sealed and pulled around to the back of the facility and took my 10 hour break. At 22:30 I headed out to go back to Anderson and arrived at 06:00 Wed. Dropped the trailer, fueled and put the truck to bed and went home to put myself to bed but got up with my wife at 10:30.

Josh called at 14:30 to tell me that I would be doing a run to the Toyota service parts DC in KC, KA again. On this run the backhaul would be a broker load as yet not set up. The run was scheduled to depart at 01:30. So I was back in bed by 15:30. I was up and ready but before I left the house I got a call telling me that the driver that was to bring the load was running an hour late so I waited at home for a while The driver had still not arrived when I went in and was closer to 2 hours late.

I had him drop the trailer right at the temporary check in parking and hooked to it there. Then went in and got the paperwork and took off. Since that driver was an hour later than anticipated I had already burned an hour of my 14 hour duty day by the time he arrived. By the time I was hooked up and took off I had burned another 1/2 hour. .
    When I was heading out of Indianapolis on I-70 the ABS (Anti-lock brake system) warning light came on telling there was a problem with that system. The trailer was breaking fine and I determined that as usual the problem was with the ABS malfunction sensing and not the brakes or the ABS system. I drove on. Once at the facility in KS I submitted a DVIR report telling Carter maintenance about the problem and where the trailer was located.

Despite the late departure I arrived at the Toyota facility 15 minutes prior to my scheduled arrival. There was a truck doing his drop and hook and I had to wait for him to get clear before doing my thing. Turned out that I had to move three trailers this time instead of the usual two to get things as they should be. Finally having done my duty as their yard jockey I was hooked to an empty. Sent in the DVIR mentioned above and then started working on figuring out where I was to go to hook to the broker load to bring me back towards Anderson.

Pickup was at Johnson Controls in Saint Joseph, MO about 38 miles north of my location. I hustled and arrived there 20 minutes before my scheduled pick up time. As I went I called Josh at dispatch and asked him why they had set this up. Times were very tight and required an experienced driver to move with alacrity. I told him that an inexperienced driver or a driver that did not hustle would never make the times they had scheduled. He told me that it was the best load brokerage could find to get me headed home.

Well Johnson control was a screwed up mess due to construction at the plant and some other factors having to do with their failure to pay enough people to deal with drivers checking in and doing the shipping paperwork. It was over three hours before I left the facility loaded with 42,395 lb. of dry car batteries. New batteries are often shipped dry without the electrolyte to make them lighter so more can be shipped and to avoid the extra hassle and expense of dealing with a Hazardous Material Load.

My 14 hours had expired by the time I was loaded and so I noted on the Samsara Log that I was driving to a “safe haven” when I found a place to park at the Love’s truck stop that was only 1.6 miles away from the shipper. I already knew that there was no way I could make the 12 noon delivery on Friday at Johnson Controls in Ft. Wayne, IN when I parked it to take my 10 hour break at that Love’s truck stop. I did not bother to weigh the load. I was confident, based on the squat of the tires, the way the trailer pulled, and the gage on the dash that tells the driver how much pressure there is on the air bags of the driver wheels on the tractor, that my axle weights were legal. Besides there was only one weigh station between my departure and delivery points. It turned out to be closed as I passed by it during the early morning hours.

I departed 10 hours and 10m minutes after I arrived and hustled the whole way across US-36 E to I-72 E to I-74 E to IN SR 32 N, to I-65 N to I-865 E to I-465 E to I-69 N, to the Ft. Wayne, IN Airport Expressway, to the receiver. I arrived 1 hour and 15 minutes after the scheduled noon delivery time but I had called ahead and let them know what was going on so they were ready for me. The had me in and out empty in 40 minutes.

As required in the dispatch message I pictured scanned the signed BOL and transmitted via Transflow before departing the receiver.

When I got back to the terminal in Anderson at 14:30 I had 12 minutes remaining of my 11 hour drive time and had covered 688 miles since I had departed from that Love’s in Saint Joseph, MO. 11 hours X 65 mph = 715 miles. Those kinds of loads are stressful but I guess that is what we salary drivers get paid for.

During this last run vehicle traffic was quite a bit heavier than usual much of the way.

• LizzieinTexas says:

Do you enjoy the long haul? Bet you see some interesting things along the way.

• rah says:

I have always liked longer runs than shorter. Though I guess you could call what I described above a “long haul” it is not really like what full time over the road drivers deal with. When I drove OTR years ago I would be away from home for 3 to 6 weeks at a time. Home for 2-3 days and then out again. My first year driving a truck OTR I logged over 143,000 miles and my total home time was less than 3 weeks. By my 10th month I had driving a big truck in every one of the lower 48 states. It was a bear but no school could provide the experience in the industry I gained that first year.

• amwick says:

TY ray… I love these first person accounts… I was wondering if you noticed more commercial traffic, in general…

• rah says:

Seems to be just as many trucks on the roads now as there were a year ago. Really truck traffic picked up much more quickly than non commercial did but now both seem to be at pre-covid levels where I have been driving.

• amwick says:

Good to know… BTW,

We were driving down 26 towards Charleston and saw a gazillion cargo trailer trucks… that was 2 years ago.. I kept thinking how the economy must be soaring…

27. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day for Saturday, August 15, 2020

“For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.”
    Matthew 18:20 (KJV)

28. Teagan says:

Here in Massachusetts, I see Trump flags. I don’t see Biden flags. Am I crazy to think Massachusetts could be in play?

29. mobgrazer says:

in case you haven’t seen. She released a deep state documentary today…

30. just stevie says:

SIGNS OF THE NEW BIRTH

“Ye must be born again.” John iii. 7
    The answer to the question “How can a man be born when he is old? is – When he is old enough to die – to die right out to his “rag rights,” to his virtues, to his religion, to everything, and to receive into himself the life which never was there before. The new life manifests itself in conscious repentance and unconscious holiness.

“As many as received Him.” John i. 12
    Is my knowledge of Jesus born of internal spiritual perception, or is it only what I have learned by listening to others? Have I something in my life that connects me with the Lord Jesus as my personal Saviour? All spiritual history must have a personal knowledge for its bedrock. To be born again means that I see Jesus.

“Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” John iii. 3
    Do I seek for signs of the Kingdom, or do I perceive God’s rule? The new birth gives a new power of vision whereby I begin to discern God’s rule. His rule was there all the time, but true to His nature; now that I have received His nature I can see His rule.

“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin.” 1 John iii. 9
    Do I seek to stop sinning or have I stopped sinning? To be born of God means that I have the supernatural power of God to stop sinning. In the Bible it is never – Should a Christian sin? The Bible puts it emphatically – A CHRISTIAN MUST NOT SIN. The effective working of the new birth life in us is that we do not commit sin, not merely that we have the power not to sin, but that we have stopped sinning. 1 John iii. 9 does not mean that we CANNOT sin; it means that if we obey the life of God in us, we NEED NOT sin.

Oswald Chambers
    August 15th Devotional

• Margot says:

Mornin’ WeeWeed. Any citizen who would serve on a “secret” grand jury against someone like Millie deserves a one way ticket to hell. Thank you for posting.

• WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ Margot!

• rahrahred says:

My husband and I watched a few episodes of Bull on CBS. The whole show premise is about jury selection etc. This is exactly what Millie describes in her Shadowgate expose.

Here’s the show’s own description:
        About Bull
        Bull stars Michael Weatherly as Dr. Jason Bull in a drama inspired by the early career of Dr. Phil McGraw, the founder of one of the most prolific trial-consulting firms of all time. Brilliant, brash, and charming, Dr. Bull is the ultimate puppet master as he combines psychology, human intuition, and high-tech data to learn what makes jurors, attorneys, witnesses, and the accused tick. His personal life proves harder to manage as he tries to live a healthier lifestyle following a heart attack and learns he is expecting a child with his ex-wife. Bull employs an enviable team of experts at Trial Analysis Corporation to shape successful narratives down to the very last detail. This includes his quick-witted former brother-in-law, Benny Colón, a lawyer who acts as defense attorney in the company’s mock trials; Marissa Morgan, a neurolinguistics expert from the Department of Homeland Security who monitors shifting jury reactions in real-time for Bull; former NYPD detective Danny James, the firm’s tough but relatable investigator; Taylor Rentzel, a working mother and former colleague of Marissa’s who is an expert in coding and computer hacking; and Chunk Palmer, a former all-American lineman and stylist-turned-law student who helps clients prepare their look and testimony for trial. In high-stakes trials, Bull’s combination of remarkable insight into human nature, three Ph.D.’s and a top-notch staff creates winning strategies that tip the scales of justice in his clients’ favor.

Maybe this is why Comey said no prosecutor would bring charges against Hillary because they knew they couldn’t get a guilty verdict…

Armor up and stand firm! Ephesians 6:10-18 and pray without ceasing…

31. Misha Berra says:

Just a thought –
    I grew up watch the cowboys and Indians – the good guys wore the white hats and the bad
    guys wore the black hats so we would know who was good or evil. And I remember how the
    sheriff would round up the community to form a posse to go after the evil. Who would prevent
    a posse from going after the anarchists – who would arrest the posse since the police protection
    has left town? And what ever happened to Dog, the Bounty Hunter? How about the posse
    making a surprise visit to the mayor’s home for a little rest and relaxation in their
    “mythical” Sesame Street world? As Nadler said about Antifa: it’s a MYTH!
    Sundance – any chance of making a separated blog on ideas on how to fix what is going on today?
    I think the whole country is worn out waiting for the slow boat to return to Communist China –
    How about a Trojan Horse loaded with drones to sprinkle pixie dust –
    or some snappy tunes for Nero’s fiddling while Rome burns –
    Why can we, law abiding, lovers of this USA – join in the fun – OUR WAY!!

32. Charlotte Powell Brooks says:

Baby Lives Matter.

33. Charlotte Powell Brooks says:

Baby Lives Matter.

34. Dana Christianson says:

After 3-1/2 Years Of Bloviating About Russiagate And Having Bill Barr On His Show Thursday Night To Foreshadow A Development In The Durham Probe. Sean “Tick-Tock” Hannity Was Conspicuously Absent Friday Night To “Revel” In The Kevin Clinesmith Plea News. No, The Heavily Scripted “Roll-Out” Was Done By “Rooster-Boy” Trey Gowdy And Lindsey Graham. This Was So Staged It Was Laughable. Graham Is Complicit And Should Be Indicted And Recuse Himself! To Use Graham’s Own Vernacular “This Stink’s To High Heaven And We Need To Get To The Bottom Of It”……..

35. chuck lowe says:

The source of the riots, the chaos, the destruction that we are now enduring in America, is Keith Ellison, who withheld the ENTIRE video of George Floyd’s arrest.

David Mamet had a famous saying, essentially: …‘in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things’… By pretending ‘not to know’ there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass (Hat tip Sundance).

Keith Ellison knew. Keith Ellison knew the the truth when cities were burning. Keith Ellison knew the truth when people were dying. Keith Ellison knew the truth when stores were looted and burned. Keith Ellison knew the truth when hundreds of police officers were wounded and innocents were bloodied and beaten over the last 2 months. Keith Ellison knew the truth when his BLM/Thug/DNC Brown Shirts effected a nightly “Beer Hall Putsch” in the streets of American cities night after night.

There is a straight line, categorical reference, from the exculpatory video, now available, which would have, at least to some extent, diminished the outrage and modified the opinions of all Americans, to the worst riots in American history.

Keith Ellison, who is surely one of the most evil, nefarious, deceptive and criminal bureaucrats ever to hold office, is responsible for the lion’s share of hatred, violence and destruction that has turned many of our cities into a real live, boots on the ground, Hieronymus Bosch painting.

THIS is what Keith Ellison is responsible for and there is now, no denying it.

View at Medium.com

Obfuscation and the pretense of ignorance is a standard boilerplate method of operation with the Progressive left. It is a necessary club in the bag hoisted in defense of illogical narratives and an excuse for irrational behavior. But here, is the Progressive Magnum Opus of Obfuscation.
    The full video, would have, as Keith Ellison, the radical, lying friend of Louis Farrakhan, knows, tempered the emotions and mitigated the anger.

He hid it.

• Jim in TN says:

I don’t disagree that Ellison was hiding video. But he wasn’t in charge when the videos were first hidden.

Don’t forget that Obama had several trial runs. Ferguson and Baltimore were essential tests of the Obama rent a riot. But they learned they needed better control of information. So they built a system to do just that. That was partly tested in the release of the perfectly timed video to hide an officer and suspect fighting and tasering each other, but to clearly show the officer shooting the suspect who was turning to flee when he saw the officer start to go for his gun.

After that, the main tests were attacks at Trump rallies and Antifa/BLM coordination at Charlottesville. Once they had their system down, they went quiet until closer to the election. But complete coordination between incite to riot media videos, support riot cities, and various rioters was already developed and practiced.

All they needed is for yet another police and criminal interaction to result in the criminal’s death being recorded on video. Since 10-15 of these criminal’s deaths each year happen when the criminal is unarmed, it is assured that you will be able to take advantage of them whenever you want to. But you do have to have your systems and people in place to do so.

This time, they started with people’s videos, but they rapidly released selective cop-cam videos to support the false story and also held back videos that undercut the false story. By the time the truth started coming out, the summer of riots was well under way. And, even right wing commentators refuse to reconsider their mis-placed outrage.

36. Beauregard says:

HOPING for another thread about WuHan Red Death (h/t Chris Plante) Virus effects in each of our parts of the USA

37. Boots says:

This guy strolled into the log shelter where I was seated reading a book. At time of his entrance I’d just logged onto my cell to check emails. When “Bob” strolled in I swiped the camera on and took this shot. Then I shot a 30 second vid.

In the vid, the cat just stood where he was, tail twitching, eyeing me up, down, left, right. After 20 seconds of that he turned left, walked away, and turned right around the building. Anyone know where I can upload the vid so I can post it here? Photobucket no longer allows video uploading.

38. Boots says:

What’s with the watermark?! Sorry, folks!

39. NoTwoSystemsOnlyOneChiCom says:

Belarus opposition isn’t going away. Just don’t push the E.U on them.

40. F.D.R. in Hell says:

ICYMI…

41. fansince51 says:

When will the promised info drop?

• Margot says:

Tuesday, as I understand it.

In the meantime, if you are jonesin’ for information, please watch the Millie Weaver video posted a number of times here in this thread. Most enlightening.

42. Shark24 says:

In tough times it is good to have uplifting things. Here’s a video that Astronaut Chris put together after Doug and Bill departed on Crew Dragon The song is great and his video is humorous and joyful. Enjoy and God bless!

43. rah says:

Years of “Green Energy” policies in California leave the state unprepared for the forecasted extended heatwave they are almost certainly about to experience. The “Green Energy” chickens are about to come home to roost and you can be sure the same politicos that pushed these wasteful policies will be screaming “CLIMATE CHANGE!” from the rooftops. I would suggest those that live in the arid regions of the state that can afford it, invest in a whole house on demand generator.

44. trapper says:

These guys are a hoot. Phonetic English, but what the hey? Cute as a button, and then she just tears it up. In my best Rocket J. Squirrel voice, “and now for something completely different.”

45. ZurichMike says:

Today for Catholics and Orthodox it is the feast day of the Assumption of the Blessed Mother into heaven. Here a musical offering; please, no liturgical arguments — enjoy the day and ask the Mother of God to join her prayers to yours.

46. muskea says:

This is what will become of born again believers in Christ Jesus…….who are loyal to the Lord Jesus.
    Sophie Scholl: The Final Days ………….

A true story.