Proactive Distancing – The Special Counsel Operation…

With the Clinesmith criminal information at the forefront, a reminder about the Special Counsel motives.  Again, it is important to remember the special counsel had the agenda and responsibility to carry on the resistance operation…. that was their sole function.

As a result, this is just a short article on a singular footnote within the Weissmann/Mueller Report that looks completely different in hindsight.

Kevin Clinesmith was the lead FBI lawyer during the counterintelligence operation called Crossfire Hurricane; origination date July 31st 2016. When Robert Mueller was appointed as Special Counsel (May ’17) he took over the Crossfire Hurricane investigation, adding additional DOJ lawyers to staff but retaining the FBI team which included Peter Strzok and Kevin Clinesmith.

When Kevin Clinesmith manipulated the CIA email to gain the third renewal for the Carter Page FISA (June 29, 2017) he was working on behalf of the Mueller investigation.

Clinesmith was removed from the special counsel team in February 2018 after his biased texts were identified by the inspector general. Clinesmith resigned in/around September 2019 “after the inspector general’s team interviewed him.” (link) Not coincidentally that Sept ’19 exit timeline aligns with the first notification to FISC Judge Collyer. (link)

Obviously, special counsel Robert Mueller would know the issues regarding Clinesmith prior to removing him in February 2018; and well in advance of his report published in March 2019.

Now… take a look at footnote #1, of page 13 from Mueller’s report:

From fn 1:

“¹FBI personnel assigned to the Special Counsel’s Office were required to adhere to all applicable federal law and all Department and FBI regulations, guidelines, and policies.”

An FBI attorney worked on FBI-related matters for the Office, such as FBI compliance with all FBI policies and procedures, including the FBI’s Domestic Investigations and Operations Guide (DOIG). That FBI attorney worked under FBI legal supervision, not the Special Counsel’s supervision.”

Tell me that isn’t a big flashing CYA footnote from the Special Counsel – going out of their way to proactively state that FBI attorney Kevin Clinesmith worked under FBI legal supervision, not the Special Counsel’s supervision?

This entry was posted in 1st Amendment, 4th Amendment, 6th Amendment, Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Conspiracy ?, Decepticons, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, Election 2020, FBI, IG Report FISA Abuse, media bias, Notorious Liars, Phase 1, Phase 2, President Trump, Spygate, Spying, THE BIG UGLY, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

761 Responses to Proactive Distancing – The Special Counsel Operation…

1. it won’t end well for these low grade morons

2. TwoLaine says:

I also remember you specifically pointing this out before as well. Friday flashback.

3. helloworld727 says:

Is there anyway this is a headfake? We’ve seen this before (but rightly smoked out by SD).

• WhiteBoard says:

They agreed- Discretion was noted ( meaning til Tuesday)

it looks like a trust but verify program is being implemented by Sundance

Very professional.

4. twohartsintx says:

Wow!!! There is no way the higher ups can say he went rogue. I can’t believe they out themselves by documenting everything.

• twohartsintx says:

They had two different footnotes that say opposite things. One said they were under the SC supervision and one said they weren’t??? Or am I not understanding?

• flapjackEd says:

I think the “assigned” FBI employees are a separate category from “an FBI attorney” and “that FBI attorney. The former were supervised by SC, the latter (Clinesmith) by FBI.

• twohartsintx says:

Oh, okay. I was confused, but I think they are the best at writing things in confusing ways.
          Thank you flapjackEd.

• Issy says:

twohartsintx: The SC brought in five lawyers from private practice. I believe Weissman was one of those. The other fourteen lawyers were on loan from the fbi.

The footnote in the Mueller report says the fbi lawyers were being supervised by the fbi. I don’t see how that would be possible except they were supposed to follow the rules and procedures of the fbi. Since they didn’t follow them very much before being assigned to work on SC investigation, it seems a distinction without a difference except to remove any blame for misdeeds from the SC.

• MelH says:

That’s right, 2hartsintx. Weasels at work!

• Sharon says:

Documenting stuff seems to be a big deal with a certain kind of person. The Nazis who ran the concentration camps and murdered millions were meticulous in their record-keeping.

• Dutchman says:

Its in their ,…whatever it is that flows through their veins; Buerocrats document EVERYTHING.
      WHERE the bodies are buried, how many and which direction.

Have to fill out a form in triplicate, before going to the bathroom.
      This is the blame game defence; individuals, factions and institutions can play; I blame you, to my jury, you blame me to yours. For each jury it creates reasonable doubt.

Again, also works for institutions; DOJ blames FBI, FBI blames CIA, or “Russuan disinformation”, and “in the end, what difference does it make?”

We will also see “Incompetent?,…YES. Criminal?,..No Defence, also applied both individually and institutionally.

And the “No proof of INTENT” defence, of coarse. Likewise, both individually and institutionally.

And, the defendant is NOT limited to presenting only one defence, or “theory of the crime”.

“I didn’t do nuffin,…and even if you can prove I did,….you can’t PROVE I intended to!”

“I was too trusting of my subordinates, and my superiors, as well.”

“I was incompetent, yes. But NOT criminal!”

And, I got Mitch McConnells b*lls in a VICE, and Grahams, too.
      Cause THEY were IN on the political spying since 2012, and I can prove it.
      So, I get a get outa jail free card!

• twohartsintx says:

Dutchman, I love how you put things. I always enjoy your take on things.

• Your Tour Guide says:

Same thing for local governments, when the area
        goes to hell. The politicians blame it on the school board.
        The school board blames it on the politician’s zoning
        decisions.

Scratch deep enough, all of the aforementioned bastards
        get together for drinks and cigars afterwards. And tell
        “howlers” about the rubes that actually got the joke. The
        ones that both sides character assassinate when they
        show up to meetings and question their motives.

If either side calls them “racist” (for starters) then the
        person they’ve just defamed is generally entirely correct.

5. parleyvous says:

All of them are crooks.

6. Bubby says:

“Viva la resistance” – K. Clinesmith! Wonder if he even knows that the Special Counsel used him then dumped him under the bus like the POS that he is? My guess is that he doesn’t know but will be a hero to the inner DC establishment elites! After his short prison time he will be rewarded handsomely!

• Mr. T. says:

Bubby, don’t be too sure about that. His plea deal requires him to cooperate. I suspect that Clinesmith will do whatever it takes to bring others down to keep himself out of prison or get a greatly reduced sentence.

• Bubby says:

Mr. T I’m not sure about anything just a gut feel based on previous DOJ actions.

• cofvevern says:

I pray you’re right and that he takes down others; hopefully Weinstein, Rosie, and others. This is a travesty and actually sedition. Our founding fathers would have hung them if this happened under their watch.

• The Devilbat says:

I agree with you 100%. People who act like Mr. Clinesmith are almost always self centered cowards. This little rat will sing like a canary for the whole world to hear. It is more that obvious that he knows the entire story as to who what and where. Clinesmith is the key. He will bring down all those who planned and worked on the coup to bring down a sitting president of the United States of America to save his skanky little butt. I just hope that he is guarded before it is announced that he committed suicide or died of covid-19.

• Old Dawg says:

After looking at his picture closely, I suspect he’ll do anything and tell everything to keep from being bored and reamed in prison. Personally, I hope he goes to prison and has to endure everything humanly possible….I have NO sympathy for traitors of their country.

• meow4me2 says:

Yes, he looks rather soft, doesn’t he?

• FrankieZee says:

BUBBA likes that PURTY mouth of his and that little plump boy butt he has.

• MelH says:

It’s so ironic to think that 4 little words written are changing his life so hugely. How do you think he was that stupid that he didn’t think anyone would notice?

• Old Dawg says:

I’ve pondered this subject for a long time, not just for this idiot, but for literally millions of other idiots in this country or for that matter the world. I presume I could be glib and use Ron White’s line, “you can’t fix stupid”, or even Forrest Gump’s, “stupid is as stupid does”. However, it does’t address the mechanism that produces/produced stupidity on this level. The fact that information is almost instantly available to everyone now, i.e., everyone has a “smart” phone but no one is “smart” never ceases to amaze me. For example, it is extremely easy to research the death toll of socialism/communism during the 20th century to “check” Bernie’s claims, or whomever, yet no one does it. They just take the bait like a starving catfish. It boggles the mind that so many people have NO idea of the many failures documented in history and “those who don’t know it are doomed to repeat it”. I won’t even attempt to address the glaring lack of morality in today’s world, which is a direct outgrowth of stupidity. God has been excluded, as per the mandates of the liberals, to the point that He isn’t allowed to exist for millions of idiots that continually look for answers in all the wrong places. Feelings are the gauge that they operate on and if it feels good do it, not morality.

So, I hope Clinesmith comes to rue those 4 little words like nothing else in his life if he lives a thousand years. He deserves it for being so stupid!

• Dances with Wolverines says:

I wonder if his “plea deal” is anything like the “plea deal” the Anwar Bros. received?

• psmithez says:

I am thinking that the FISA judges might be looking for a head to scalp. His guilty plea might seem small to us but not to the judges who were duped.

• rufnekreject says:

The FISC judges have been lied to, made to look foolish, and the existence of the FISC has been put in jeopardy by this whole mess. They’ve had plenty of time to work up some outrage and nothing so far. If anything gets done, it won’t be those judges. Just my opinion.

• cofvevern says:

The sad part is Clinesmith’s trial is going to be heard by James Boasberg, an Obama appointee. Frustrating, top say the least.

• doyouseemyvision says:

If that is his judge, Boasberg is also a FISA judge. I am not so sure he is going to look too kindly on this violation.

• Issy says:

cofvevern: There won’t be a trial. He is pleading guilty to a felony false statement charge. The plea deal by cooperating with the prosecutor usually means a light sentence. He will only plead guility before the judge and again for the sentencing hearing…unless you are General Flynn of course, then they put you through hell.

• MelH says:

cofvevern, How did you know this?

• Tom W. says:

Can Klutzsmith (yeah, my name for him), get a gofundme account? Or are there restrictions on that? Oh wait…Andy McCabe made a cool $500k!

• Baby El says:

Have to be a go-f**k-me. A book deal would be profiting from his crime.
        Perhaps a consulting job with MSDNC or a gig as a board of director for a vaccine company.

7. cboldt says:

Misprison of felony

8. T2020 says:

I agree!! Still, all of your investigations have uncovered evidence that they knew exactly what was going on, especially in the timing of the releases to the public. They tried to cover their tracks, but criminals always slip-up…even if it wasn’t in their purview. 🤥

9. TarsTarkas says:

They’re hanging the FBI all the way up to Comey out to dry. Hoping that will be enough.

Not for me. I want Weissman, Mueller, Brennan, Clapper, Yates, Strozk, McCabe, and many others imprisoned and stripped of all pensions and honors. Partly for being stupid paranoid jackasses. If they had left well enough alone, accepted their 2016 defeat, DJT might not have been made aware of all their nefarious activities.

• Mr. T. says:

TarsTarkas, what scares me even more is if Hildabeast had won the election. All of this would have been swept under the carpet and it would have been business as usual in the swamp.

• T2020 says:

Ditto!

• msidaho says:

is it that ‘they’ didn’t accept the 2016 election – or that HRC and Obama didn’t?

• cofvevern says:

TarsTarkas, i have said this over 3 years ago. If they didn’t pursue the Russia Hoax and have a Special Counsel, etc, this would have been a non-issue. It wouldn’t exist, as nobody would have known about their misdeeds. But, NO, they thought they could actually go forward and remove the duly elected POTUS from office.
      What huge egos they have.

• hoosiertruthfan says:

As much as I am heartened by something happening, the swamp is deep and dirty. The groundwork for all that we’re discovering now was laid in the early stages of the first Obama administration. They simply do not believe that any Americans have a right to oppose them. They will set the whole US government alphabet soups on you to cow you.
        They transformed alright, they transformed the alphabet soups into the attack dogs of the progressive movement. We hear our dear president say that he’s appointed close to 300 judges but think of the thousands, perhaps tens of thousands of minions the swamp has moved into position over the years in the CIA, FBI, IRS, State Dept, Justice Dept. etc.

They began targeting republicans and especially conservatives as early as 2009 and it became a scandal in 2012 .

We’re in a battle for our republic. I’ll cowboy up whenever I get the call.

10. Drogers says:

Be of good cheer and steady resolve, Treeper’s.
    Tuesday will arrive at its appointed time.

11. ILOT says:

That explains why the link in the last article about clinesmith directs you to a pic of a smug looking Wray and a Daily Caller article. Appears some more pieces are coming together.

12. Henry says:

I feel like that old LGF muslim rage poster boy right now….

13. Leon Brozyna says:

The fan is still looking pristine …

14. Hoggette Winslow says:

I keep coming back to this: They never thought she would lose. They. Never. Thought. She. Would. Lose.

sundance, thank you so much for all you do…you’re in my prayers every day.

15. psmithez says:

Hope Durham will find a way to get at least Page, Strzok, Baker and Boente indicted before September. Some are already saying that the public has lost interest in this story since the media has covered it so well. Not me though. I realize that Barr will do his best to expose as much as possible before January if Trump loses and he would be replaced as AG. He has said pretty clearly that he wants to restore the one system of justice for all.
    Sundance, I have already bought a couple of books to remember these last 4 years. Hopefully you will publish one too because yours will be even more thorough. You could do it anonymously with a ghost writer.

• Even if PDJT wins, AG Barr might still be replaced – – depends on his performance and rersults – – just like in one of PDJT’s businesses.

• doyouseemyvision says:

I think he’ll get replaced regardless. Trump needs someone in there with some vim and vigor. Barr exudes lethargy. Maybe Scalia from Labor.

• Issy says:

H&HC: I think Barr has done a good job of standing up for POTUS in most of his statements and rulings. His disinclination to pursue aggressively the crime spree of former officials is the only criticism I have.

The cave to the Sundance’s time deadline of Friday is encouraging. Can you imagine the surprise of people that know nothing of Sundance and CTH?

16. Publius2016 says:

They used FISA on a spook (Page) and we’re still asking if they knew…

We have a Federal Judge demanding continued prosecution of Gen. Flynn after the DOJ already dropped charges due to “exculpatory evidence” but the entire Federal Appeals court entertains the Judge’s petition even though on appeal any charges would be dropped!

They IMPEACHED 45 on EXPOSED LIES AND FRAUD even though exculpatory evidence was presented before any vote was taken! we even had mitt the 2012 Republican Presidential Candidate vote to convict based on nothing!!!

45: “We caught them all…now let’s what happens…”

• marmocet says:

What I still find especially maddening about the impeachment was that the things they were falsely accusing Trump of doing were nearly perfect descriptions things that Joe Biden and the Clinton Campaign did. It was Vice President Joe Biden who in 2016 threatened to withhold foreign aid to Ukraine if the Ukrainian President didn’t fire a prosecutor whose investigation was getting uncomfortably close to exposing the lucrative little protection racket Joe and Hunter Biden were running with Burisma. Getting that prosecutor fired quite likely prevented a major scandal from blowing up on Biden, the Obama administration and the Democrats more generally that could have tanked their prospects in the election that year. So Biden abused his power for to his and his son’s personal financial benefit and for the political benefit of his party during an election year, and he also abused his power to hide another on-going corrupt abuse of power. And then the part of the Democrats’ accusation about Trump soliciting dirt from the Ukrainians on Biden to influence the outcome of an upcoming election – that’s what the Clinton Campaign did when they solicited dirt from the Ukrainians on Paul Manafort, which they then used to try to steer the outcome of the 2016 election in their favor. Any now, the Democrats are handing the nomination for president to the guy who did the very things the Democrats claimed Trump had done that served as grounds for his immediate removal from office. Even by the standards by which entrenched major political parties, the Democrats’ mendacity and hypocrisy are absolutely off the charts!

• Rhi316 says:

45 was righteously enraged on Maria Bartiromo’s show earlier. And despite Lou Dobbs claiming ‘’POTUS has confidence in Barr’ so he will too, 45 seemed to suggest otherwise.

And once again Tom Fitton lambasted Barr AND Pompeo for siding with the deep state preventing FOIA requests from both Departments and siding with Crooked regarding her deposition which just got denied- FUBAR!

And Rooster head sitting in for Pawn Vanity (pretty sure he had on a purple tie tho I didn’t hang around after he announced Miss Lindsey as his guest), I’m pretty sure treepers are not impressed with the token Clinesmith indictment.

As pointed out, that was a slam dunk that could’ve been prosecuted 6 months ago and as Sydney Powell the statute Clinesmith was charge with was the least consequential he could’ve been charged with.

Is this a ‘see, we’re doing things, it’s happening!’ Head fake ala Wolf so Sundance doesn’t drop the MOAB?

I trust Sundance has it all sussed out and will let us know shortly whether Head fake or the beginning of zippo time. Personally I’d like to see a strategic nuke dropped on ALL the swamp bastards!

• KT Prayer Warrior says:

Remember when the big fear in the past was that a nuc would be dropped on DC. Now it is nearly the stuff of dreams….

Just need to get the righteous out of there first.

• CTH Fan says:

I love the color purple, why would we allow a band of socialists/communist claim it. The color belongs to everyone. It is shear madness to let them get away with it.

I love it when President Trump wears his purple tie. It is an in your face to Clinton and the gang.

I think we should all start wearing purple everywhere, we should have Trump 2020 on lots of purple tees.

17. 63gordfa says:

These bastards are fiendishly clever. They had to have had some legal advice from Satan’s personal lawyer.

18. Zydeco says:

“An FBI attorney” Were there other FBI attorneys? Lisa Page was an FBI attorney and was assigned to SC for awhile. How do we specifically know it’s Patsy Cline Smith ?

• dwpender says:

Maybe SC is aware of other “misbehavior” by multiple FBI lawyers and have staked out the SC position that FBI legal miscreancy is the FBI’s problem.

19. WhiteBoard says:

How can the DOJ sociallly distance from the FBI is Nellie Ohr was writing the Steele dossier and having his name put on it?

We Know.

Contractors were doing oppo research using the NSA database and then converting it into Criminal Investigation material – SINCE CLinesmith’s indictment showed COMEY LIED when he said it was a counterintelligence investigations – it was FARA CRIMINAL

• ILOT says:

The affiant? It seems the most important question is who was the affiant?

• WhiteBoard says:

I’m saying the Affiant doesnt matter (they are in trouble too) but the fact that the EVIDENCE for the CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION (FARA) was based on Nellie Ohr’s Orbis Fusion GPS contractor surfing or google’ing the NSA database to create opposition research – then submitted it as evidence after Stelle was “requested” (by Brennen and Halper) to put his authorship name on it.

Nellie wrote the evidence for a FISA. the wife of the DOJ. DOJ cant say they dont know.

The Wife of the DOJ. The husband Ohr said he told the fbi that steele was biased (THIS IS ALL developed from the lens of people that Know the Law and bend it ‘by the book;)

• Krashman Von Stinkputin says:

Interesting that.
      Highlights the convenience that is FARA.
      Note that the two prerequisites to obtain a Title 1 FISA warrant (a CI warrant) are in fact criminal actions:
      1) Acting as an agent of a foreign country (FARA/Espionage Act?), while
      2) Committing a federal crime
      This seems to enhance the argument that a secret court is unnecessary and this should be handled by Title 18 criminal courts.

Also technically this is NOT an indictment…..it’s a criminal information.
      MEANING….a Grand Jury did not return a true bill

Has KC already appeared before a GJ?
      Is this the reward for his appearance or the carrot to get him to?

It’s a fairly good assumption that a deal will be/has been made
      as the information lays out a far greater crime than lying, right in front of our faces:

18 U.S. Code § 1519.Destruction, alteration, or falsification of records in Federal investigations and bankruptcy
      Whoever knowingly alters, destroys, mutilates, conceals, covers up, falsifies, or makes a false entry in any record, document, or tangible object with the intent to impede, obstruct, or influence the investigation or proper administration of any matter within the jurisdiction of any department or agency of the United States or any case filed under title 11, or in relation to or contemplation of any such matter or case, shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both.

20 Years is a pretty big hammer to hold over the head of a 38 year old.
      And there may be more chargeable offenses to increase that number.

20. James Carpenter aka "Felix" says:

OK. So the roster of sacrificial lambs is being measuredly revealed. The movers and shakers of this treason knew that layers of “insurance” would be prudent.
    What we need is a “25 Words of Less” contest. Winner gets to meet President Trump.
    Voters are preoccupied. Survival, apathy, ignorance, overload. Excuses are like… well everyone has one.
    “25 Words or Less” winner spikes the ball.
    “25 Words or Less” snags the Midway, that lane where so many crowd into, the lane PT Barnum played to.
    We find and deploy a hard-hitting “25 Words Or Less” wordsmith who can do a Hitler performance on the yearning masses, we add that last snowflake which becomes the avalanche. (sorry about the Adolph reference but, hey, the guy changed world history with his rhetorical powers).
    Eh?

• msidaho says:

per president trump [ former president obama and former vp biden used government assets to spy on a presidential candidate (paraphrased)

• WhiteBoard says:

This is less than 25 words. Just add Nellie Ohr (contractor) and the DOJ cant says they were uninformed.

Jim Comey (Dirty Cop) gave contractors access (Fusion GPS , Crowd Strike, etc) to do opposition political or blackmail research, and then used their oppo research as a secondary source to justify “by the book’ fisas.

CH was a criminal investigation (FARA) and not a counterintelligence like COMEY TESTIFIED TO under oath.

21. Page 1 of the indictment describes Crossfire Hurricane was a FARA investigation of 4 Americans.

22. zephyrbreeze says:

“Kevin Clinesmith was the LEADFBI lawyer during the counterintelligence operation called Crossfire Hurricane;”

LEAD = Cannon fodder for the deep state. Sorry, Charlie.

23. WhiteBoard says:

Sundance points out from Footnote 1

Horowitz points out in his summary that those POLICIES WERE NOT FOLLOWED. (page 3 https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Testimony-Horowitz-2019-12-18.pdf)

“Congress through the FISA statute, and theDepartment and FBI through policies and procedures, have established important safeguards to protect the FISA application process from irregularities and abuse.

Among the most important are the requirements in FBI policy that every FISA application must contain a “full and accurate” presentation of the facts, and that agents must ensure that all factual statements in FISA applications are “scrupulously accurate.”

Clinesmith Plea – shows this !

• Rhi316 says:

Yup, ‘VERIFIED’ in bold letters. Not to worry tho, Wray will issue new training procedures, that’ll solve that! Perhaps someone may even lose their license to practice! I want heads on a pike! Perhaps I’d settle for gallows being fully utilized… nah.

24. TarsTarkas says:

I have an addendum to my wishlist.

I want the crew of Lawfare starting with Ben Wittes to go behind bars as well. Without their machinations and advise the coup wouldn’t have gotten nearly as far as it had. And I feel sure they are behind the pop-up retired military officers demanding POTUS be removed if he loses the election. That is a big tip-off flare that they will try to drag out the vote counting and acceptance of defeat until Inauguration day at least.

• justlizzyp says:

Susan Hennessey has been working my nerves lately also. Bigly.

• Your Tour Guide says:

I see your wishlist, and up the ante.

For all those that aren’t from Atlanta:
      Look up “Fred Tokars trial, or Fred Tokars perp walk”.

Tokars was a crooked attorney that advertised on
      local TV. Connected to mob businesses. His wife
      was getting ready to divorce him. Presumably, part
      of the case was revealing what Tokars had been up
      to.

He had her killed. In her car, I believe in the driveway,
      with her two young sons in the car. Big time
      sensationalistic local trial. The yearly anniversary
      of it strikes home to our family, because my father
      in law passed that particular night.

Anyway, when the perp walk that Tokars was
      afforded was epic. Wearing prison orange, with
      chains around his wrists, and shackled legs. Prison
      grade slippers. Tall, skinny guy. Looked deservedly
      humilated being marched up some long court house
      steps.

I want, want, want, want
      to see Weissman in similar circumstances. Barring
      that, a 3 am raid worse then Stone’s would be nice.

Pulled out of bed, in his skivvies in front of the cameras
      would be appropriate. But only after it’s publicized what
      the prick has done. Letting everybody that lost their
      good jobs back when at Arthur Anderson would do the
      trick.

25. USA First! says:

This in a way is good news. Rats don’t like to face the punishment alone. They are already starting to gnash on each other.

26. Ken Maritch says:

Some people just have a “punchable face.”

27. And still, this maggot Clinesmith has yet to see the inside of a jail cell and will apparently be “arrested by appointment” as a professional courtesy even though his OVERT actions violated the 4th amendment rights of a still untold number of American citizens by virtue of the falsely predicated government surveillance of Page and his unknowing associates.

This better be just the tip of a G damn iceberg that will fully emerge POST HASTE and there’s a shitload of other shoes to drop REAL SOON or this is all BULL SHIT.

28. Putting On Its Shoes says:

Mens rea by special counsel for sure!

29. Pegon Zellschmidt says:

If Clinesmith is smart, he’ll have sung like a bird to protect himself and his family. His testimony should be complete. Anything left out and he’ll be Seth Rich’d or Epstein’d. Now onto Wray and Boente. What say you, boys?😆

30. cocamars says:

“It seems clear in hindsight that Weissmann and Mueller knew the FBI misconduct that was likely to surface, as it has; so they made sure to position blame on FBI Director Chris Wray and FBI Legal Counsel Dana Boente back in March 2019.”

Can the 22 days that separated the swearing in of Wray and the writing of the Clinesmith memo really be pinned on 100% on Wray? Would Wray even have enough time to realize the depths of corruption that was waiting for him at the FBI in that short time span?

Comey’s dirty practices can’t get a free pass just because he had been canned by Trump 50 days earlier. The free for all of spying and lying was already systemic in FBI, gave Clinesmith the confidence to alter an email and think he could get away with it.

• twohartsintx says:

I doubt the DOJ would prosecute Mueller. I would count it as a win if Weissmann is one of the few that might get indicted and hopefully disbarred. He is just evil.

But don’t take that statement to mean I don’t want many to get charged and put away for a long time. But if we could only get a few, Weissmann needs to be one of them.

31. TreeClimber says:

Some time back – at least several months, I don’t remember exactly when – I posted a Treehouse article to FB that had to do with the coup. It was commented on by someone I have the misfortune of being related to (by marriage) who quite incorrectly thought he could weasel his way into my family’s lives. He was arguing the coup with me, and when he posted a literal article from Lawfare to support his position of “removing Trump is legal,” I told him in so many words that he was an idiot and blocked him.

If at any point Weissman and/or Wittes gets perp-walked, I may just have to unblock him to do an online, schadenfreude-filled victory dance.

(Quite unrelated: I’m so proud of myself for spelling schadenfreude from memory! Twice! 😁)

• RePete says:

He isn’t stupid, he is a student. You just don’t have the capacity to teach, so just cancel him?

• TreeClimber says:

He’s had 50+ years to be educated, more than twice my age. The people who I have taught would disagree with my teaching abilities – and if they’re nonexistent, my boys are screwed, since I’ll be homeschooling.

Cancel a troll? Yes, yes I would, especially since he’s a scum-of-the-earth human being anyway.

32. 63gordfa says:

It drives me nuts that POTUS does not make the subject of one of his press briefings the hack of the DNC server. He could have William Binney and his collegues explain to the American people why the Russians did NOT hack the DNC server. Binney has a lot of credibility because he created the Thin Thread program that allows the government to do queries on electronic communications and he himself was unjustly persecuted by the government. Why, POTUS, why don’t you give people like Binney national exposure?

33. jackpundad says:

Tuesday can’t come soon enough! I expect either plea deals or indictments of many, hoping famous FBI / DOJ names. Devin Nunes sent 8 criminal referrals last year alone. Sundance, God bless you on your efforts! Keep the full court press on. Don’t let Barr / Durham / etc. off the hook.

34. The Boss says:

Looking forward to Mr and Mrs Ohr’s pleas.

35. Bop Crash says:

Kev is slow to figure out he’s the night shift janitor in this deal.

36. Superman says:

And so it begins.

Game on!

37. HeLLINaHandbasket says:

What’s five lawyers at the bottom of the ocean. . .?
    . . .a good start.

115th Congress

Listed Occupation: Politics
    House 194
    Senate 44

Listed Occupation: Law
    House 168
    Senate 50

38. KMD says:

Been waiting a LONG time for someone, anyone… in the media, to plainly explain what the ‘two hop rule’ is with regard to the premeditated abuse of FISA…

The average American needs to hear it clearly defined how potent & all encompassing a weapon FISA surveillance actually is. Then, citizens will be able to grasp just how dirty these crapweasels are, and what they truly did…

Hoping the news on Clinesmith represents the first visible crack in the dam the keeps the swamp from drowning in freedom!

Godspeed Sundance!!!

• Krashman Von Stinkputin says:

“the two-hop rule”

Congressman themselves ON BOTH SIDES (almost) NEVER will spell this out…I suspect out of FEAR of backlash.
      Even the most Patriot of Republican will say:
      The FBI got the CARTER PAGE FISA to spy on PRESIDENT TRUMP and
      NEVER EXPLAIN how that works.
      They all treat it like the inbred bastard step-child with one eye in his forehead chained up in attic screaming…..while they pretend not to hear.

I’ve heard TWO-HOP brought up in a committee hearing ONCE and it illustrates exactly “how potent and all encompassing it is”:

See Andy Biggs @ 1:58:00 mark and pay attn to the NSA gal’s facial expression when she mentions the step-child.

HERE:https://youtu.be/8Qa5hFh_hLM?t=7085

• MelH says:

KMD, I’m wondering about understanding the two hop rule too, because today i read somewhere on here that the Clinesmith act opened up the entire Trump Administration to having the e-mails and USPS mail read and their Phones tapped and their businesses surveiled…..like Carter Page’s unmasking was the keys to the kingdom.

39. @ChicagoBri says:

How is it not a RICO investigation?

• 63gordfa says:

Because they botched the PUERTO RICO investigation that had to do with millions of dollars of food supplies that POTUS had sent for storm relief being stored in warehouses instead of being distributed to the people. If they couldn’t do a slam dunk PUERTO RICO investigation what makes you think they can handle a massive RICO investigation?

• Krashman Von Stinkputin says:

It’s either
      some kind of conspiracy investigation
      or
      it’s “sound and fury…..”

40. berniekopell says:

I rarely disagree with Super Sidney, but intent in this statute (for which Canary Clinesmith was charged) is when you use a document knowing that the document is false. I don’t see an intent to mislead the Court in the text of the statute.

(a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, whoever, in any matter within the jurisdiction of the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of the Government of the United States, knowingly and willfully—
    (a) (3) makes or uses any false writing or document knowing the same to contain any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or entry;

Canary Clinesmith knowingly and willfully made and used the false document. It seems to that me it does not matter that he also had to have an “intent” to mislead the FISA court with that document.

• MTB says:

Maybe she was being sarcastic…and was referring to how they treated Flynn?

• regitiger says:

think like a legal expert AND understand the broad experienced with powell.

intent is argued in court effectively to steer WHAT charges are suitable AND what sentencing is appropriate.

yes it does matter..

if climesmith can argue successfully he committed a crime but did so with no willful intentions to cause a larger harm…or said another way…if prosecutors cannot prove his intent beyond making that error was to cause additional larger harm…then the specific charge can shift and the sentencing also shifts.

when we say “proving” intent…we often have this jim comey interpretation, which is…UNLESS intent can be proven, there is no chargable offense or a case a federal prosecutor would be willing to pursue…this is simply NOT TRUE…jimmy boy used that description to falsely describe what he could and should have legally pursued…he doped the narrative.

do not be misled…intent IS important…but it is NOT NECESSARY TO PROVE to move on a criminal case…it is very hard to prove…because the tests for it are hard to establish..usually…rarely do you get a case where intent to create a much larger harmful crime is overwhelmingly convincing…but again, absent provable intent does not stop the show in prosecuting a case. violation of many federal statues do NOT REQUIRE PROVING intent. the crime exist, the violation happened, or it did not…prove that, and the case can be prosecuted….you let the facts of the case, the evidence that you can prove drive justice…

in my opinion, reviewing this case comparing it to similar cases involving making such an error with such consequential effects and from a licensed attorney working at the top law enforcement agency IN a direct business of making correct accurate official statements before a court…this one has PROVABLE INTENT WRITTEN ALL OVER IT.

now, i generally trust my estimates…so this thrills me…that true justice in a very important and critical case can be made…i get excited about it too, seeing the number one ratfink popping his head out of a hole a protesting as a complete moron…and powell shutting him down soundly…

i have a good feeling today..my intincts are keen that clinewordsmith is playing ball with DOJ. thats how i feel.

offering a plea in this particular crime caught be with a case of rapid eye movement…felt like i was dreaming that justice was happening.

and maybe it is….

tuesday…

i can wait.

today pulled me away from the brink….slightly

41. 63gordfa says:

Anybody know if Ken Starr is going to be on TV tonight commenting on the Clinesmith news?
    I’ve been suffering from some insomnia lately and Starr is more effective putting me to sleep than any sleeping pill.

• twohartsintx says:

I saw a blurb that he was going to be on one of the Fox shows tonight, sorry can’t remember which one. It was busy at home and people were talking. 🙂

42. FissionGPS says:

Clinesmith knows who he was working for.

43. H.R. says:

We’re going to be seeing a lot of

#Don’tLookAtMe

#IDidn’tMeanTo

Is that a valid legal defense?

44. snailmailtrucker says:

I hope y’all completely understand that if Donald J. Trump had not come down his escalator on June 15th 2015 and announced he was running for President….and that if every one of my
    Deplorable Sisters and Brothers had not come together on The Trump Train to make his
    Presidency happen…. that any other Republican or Democrat going into OUR White House
    would have Swept every bit of this Treachery against the American people under the rug !

I THANK GOD EVERY DAY FOR PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP !

THANKS AGAIN JESUS !

45. Janus says:

Several websites are treating this like its an earth shattering event. Clinesmith accepted a guilty plea on ONE count. And, if my instincts are correct, he will be given a very light sentence.

Now…..here’s the burning question: is it likely Clinesmith will get a light sentence because he’s a Swamp Critter in good standing (most likely outcome); or is it likely he’ll slide because he cooperated with Durham and rolled over on higher ups? (less likely, but not outside the realm of possibility).

For statistical comparison, is it possible I will have carnal knowledge with Pamela Sue Anderson?

Sure, it’s possible.

Is it LIKELY I will?

46. To understand the sheer magnitude of what these morons will be getting away with under Barr…realize that Clinesmith could *easily* have been prosecuted for sedition or high treason, since his mens rea (guilty mind) against his ultimate political target (Trump) was clearly proven by his statement that he believes he is “…beginning the toppling of the Republic”.

• regitiger says:

i suspect (pure gut feeling dash speculation)

this plea deal is more comprehensive than doj is willing to publicly concede.

the alternativem is far too irritating to contemplate

tuesday…the fire grows…

my confidence in OUR EFFORTS remain true and not reactive to anything that DOJ may or may not do.

that decision was made three years ago.

no longer anchored to what anyone else is capable of.

my destiny…designed and maintained by the one and only.

i hold sundancers in the highest regard having achieved so much against all the odds.

trump 2020

god bless america

47. The CYA Factor of those footnotes is reminiscent of that same motive for Susan Rice’s “Note To Self” on 1/20/17.

Next I expect to see a text from Joe Biden to his wife:

“Honey, would you mind making a public statement to tell a ‘Little White Lie’ for me? I need an alibi…”

48. Anthony Weiner THE LAPTOP

49. rld rld says:

Consider— WHO were the contractors accessing NSA database? There IS a record.
    Who were they, and what were THEY’RE connections??

50. zurizara1 says:

Trey Gowdy is hosting Hannity tonight. Could be interesting.