Sunday Talks: Steven Schrage Appears to Discuss His Role in “Spygate”…

We have a saying in the south: ‘hang around a one-legged man long enough and eventually you’re gonna start limping‘.  This interview is an example of how that cuts through the BS, spin and political chaff and countermeasures.  Steven Schrage should be trusted as far as you can spit into a hurricane – which is to say, not at all.

First, in an article to accompany his media effort, Schrage waxes philosophical and woefully about how his years-long good friend and phd supervisor, Stephan Halper, the one-legged character in the metaphor, turned out to be a politically motivated snake and spy.  Oh, but all the years previous this wasn’t noticed?  Not buying it.

Second, Schrage sat and watched Michael Flynn and Svetlana Lokhova get raked over the coals for three+ years only now, right now, to find his conscience bothered by his participation in assisting the lies pushed by his friend against them?  Isn’t that convenient timing?… Yeah, sure. I might have been born at night, but I wasn’t born last night.

Third, Schrage notes he was interviewed by John Durham. Horsepucky. Durham doesn’t interview anyone; someone else does, someone very specific; and the fact that Schrage has no clue who that person is implies an aspect to the side-show he now presents as total nonsense.  In short, this is a distraction story…. Look over there…. shiny things.

I’ve watched and researched these intelligence characters for so long their M.O. screams like visible strings on marionettes. And yes, once you see the strings it’s impossible to return to a time when you did not see them. This interview is a purposeful ruse.

[His article here]

I also do not fault Matt Taibbi or Maria Bartiromo for falling for it.

Devin Nunes was right about Schrage a YEAR AGO:

[…] What you have there is, you have an American citizen, somebody who’s long been involved in politics, and the guy’s name is Steven Schrage. Now, knows that the House Intelligence Committee, the Senate Intelligence Committee, the FBI, we want to talk to anyone and everyone who was dealing with Carter Page and other Trump associates, especially in early 2016.

Schrage is the one who invited Carter Page to this event. Schrage is the one who organized this event. So — but instead of coming forward, a guy who’s been involved in politics for this long doesn’t come forward? I want to know, did he know about the Steele dossier at that time? When did he find out about the Steele dossier? Did he have control of the Steele dossier at any time? Did he give it to anyone?

Those are the types of things that Steven Schrage needs to come clean on, because, you know, look, maybe he was just a guy working for minimum wage sweeping the floors around Cambridge. I highly doubt it.

And the fact that he hasn’t come forward in two-and-a-half years is highly suspect. Now, when you look at the other Brits that were involved there, Maria, if you — this also ties in with General Flynn, because these Brits were the ones who went public and said — specifically, Christopher Andrew said that General Flynn had a Russian girlfriend.  (more)

Nice try…

This entry was posted in 4th Amendment, 6th Amendment, AG Bill Barr, Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Cold Anger, Conspiracy ?, Decepticons, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, Donald Trump, Donald Trump Transition, Election 2016, FBI, IG Report Comey, IG Report FISA Abuse, IG Report McCabe, Legislation, media bias, Notorious Liars, NSA, Phase 1, Phase 2, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Russia, Spygate, Spying, THE BIG UGLY, Tripwires, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

403 Responses to Sunday Talks: Steven Schrage Appears to Discuss His Role in “Spygate”…

1. Child of Morning says:

Unlike SD, I do blame Maria. She should have known better.

• Gregreyalan says:

I like this narrative.
      Close to “the truth”
      Easily digestible
      From a New old name.
      Names names and puts a group of bad actors to punish.
      Proves TRUMP correct.

Win win win

SD and US;
      Don’t
      Let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

MAGA

• wlbeattie says:

@ Child O’Morning <=
      Maria is a "Fox aka Faux" employee!
      I no longer have much trust in anything "Fox"!
      Originally, I was just sceptical – now …

• Tulips Moran says:

@Child of Morning I disagree with your premise of faulting Bartiromo or producer. Their job is to present information and OUR job is to take it in and use our own discernment to make a determination. From the get go it was clear Schrage is NOT credible.

• Yonason says:

I partially agree. While their job is to present info for us to digest, I would have expected her to be at least a bit skeptical of what he was saying. She didn’t seem at all suspicious, which was a disappointment. I do think she will “get it,” but it surprised me that she didn’t notice right away. I would be willing to give her a conditional ‘pass’ on that, except for the fact that it’s her job to pick up on that sort of thing.

• yonason says:

I agree.

I watched the interview, and noticed that Schrage blinked rapidly and constantly throughout. From this link, based on Schrage’s blink rate, I wouldn’t trust him to tell me the time of day.

But that wasn’t the only thing that tipped me off. I’d list a few of the items in his CYA narrative, but Sundance covered the few things I picked up on and a lot more, including how he didn’t “find his conscience” until it appears it was needed to pretend his and his “friend’s” innocence. Yeah, riiight.

Thanks, Sundance, for confirming and deeply elaborating on what my gut told me was wrong with this guy.

2. Child of Morning says:

Unlike SD, I do blame Maria. She should have known better.

3. Child of Morning says:

Unlike SD, I do blame Maria. She should have known better.

• DJ says:

Known better than what?

Should we be asking Maria to censor her/our news?

This guy came forward and wanted to tell a “story”. I’m with SD and Nunes, on the veracity of Schrage’s commentary.

But I still think it was important to get him on the air. Then we can make up our own minds.

Kinda like we’re doing now???

• Linda K. says:

You don’t know anything unless you interview them Child. He really did introCarter Page into his “convention” but I don’t know what else is true, especially the spin on events.

• yonason says:

I think you’ve identified the single item that can be said to be “true” in Schrage’s entire narrative, that he invited C.P. to come to the trap they set for him.

4. Doppler says:

In light of the lengthening delay in the DS’s response to Schrage, I’m going to go to bed believing Schrage is part of “the Plan,” despite Sundance’s apparent contrary position. “Disinformation is real. Disinformation is essential.”

In the art of war, it is always good to confuse your enemy. I’m thinking happy thoughts about panicked and confused Deep Staters exchanging frantic messages, all being monitored via legal warrants, trying to figure out what it all means, what tomorrow will bring. Mehopes it brings 5:00 AM pounding on many doors with shouts of: “Open the door! FBI, We have a warrant for your arrest!

5. Cor1126 says:

What does it say when SC Mueller lawfare and media tag team can tie up the sitting President for most of his first term and swing the mid-terms to the DNC -*and spend 40 million dollars of Treasury doing such a lop sided partisan investigative job* …yet deftly avoid/ignore so many witnesses in the Russian – Foreign Interference case?
    It’s definitive ‘Banana Republican’. Its just like Ukrainian politics.

6. SGH says:

I’m glad Sundance weighed in. I tried to quickly read this article on another thread before leaving for work, and thought it was bizarrely written, which made me skip parts. I vaguely know what Austin Powers is, but I couldn’t imagine a real, live adult referencing that movie under any circumstances. I lost interest there.

7. ed bernay says:

Is it an attempt to soften the blow to Democrats for the election? If the mainstream media can focus on Republicans trying to overthrow Trump too, their thinking maybe that there won’t be as much blowback and anger against only Democrat politicians during the election.

8. atomichillbilly says:

Here’s an article schrage posted today. 👇

• 24may98 says:

Notice how poorly written the article is. As if the writer were trying to obscure the full story told by a halting colleague, and having justifying being duped by their fat, greedy don. Now, the Cambridge fellows are beginning to apprehend for what the “Fat Man” was “using” them. Illumination of the groves of academe has disquieted Schrage and Taibbi. they thought they were on the inside, but now understand they have been used, and fear.

• butch cassidy says:

After reading that article I came away with the conclusion that this guy is blaming a group he calls the Cambridge 4 with creating all this and our government were like a clown show. He is trying to run cover for the nefarious acts of top government officials. Conclusion is he’s full of shit and a deep state plant.

• marymorse says:

The Cambridge Four moniker is an historic reference to an earlier Russian spy scandal that happened at Cambridge.

Remember that Halper, Dearlove, and Maryland stepped down from the CIS in December of 2016, claiming that it was compromised by Russians. The other less known guy, stepped down from another intelligence seminar, CSI.

These guys accuse others of what they themselves are doing. Were they, in fact, Russian operators, as Schrage is suggesting with his moniker? If so, Steele and Hamper become the bridge for Russian disinformation to the FBI, State Dept., and western press.

9. jediphantom says:

We are going to see more of this sort of thing.
    It may simply be an attempt to DISCREDIT the few voices we have on our side.
    A prudent tactic considering what we have been waiting to happen, could indeed be HAPPENING.
    We shall know shortly.

DEPLORABLE JEDI.

10. Retired IG says:

Glad to read Sundance and the Treeper’s reaction to this person now driven by some strange drive to make himself of importance. “Oh I so trusted Halper, ” That’s your problem dude. What am I supposed to do now, hold a pity party for you?
    Now you are the “self appointed spy” responsible for starting this whole travesty against President Trump? Really? Aren’t you special.
    I didn’t listen to the interview only because I read as much as I could. and my inner “smoke alarms” said that’s enough of this BS.
    Have been reading Matt Taibi for years. Don’t really understand how this guy caught his interest. Seems like he is lending his creds out to this limp d*ck so called “spy”and “whistleblower” and that is sad. I hope Matt didn’t agree to write this guy’s book coming out before Nov 3rd. If it does come to a book, it ought to be put on the “fiction” shelf.
    And yes, I did catch his “I was interviewed by Durham.” claim. Actually I think that statement is when my “smoke alarms” went off. Really like that “NICE TRY” Sundance. Agree!

• Will Hunt says:

These cowardly scoundrels should disgust everyone. It shouldn’t take much for Durham, et al to work their way up the chain of these gutless turncoats.

11. railer says:

Welp, you can bet the Swamp and Deep State have gamed this out completely. They can no longer cover all this up, so now their task is to manage the disclosure and hold themselves harmless. McConnell’s been at that process for a while now, and the recent release of certain documents and Graham’s “actions” are proof of that. He wouldn’t be doing that unless his hand was being forced. Now he and the Swamp are executing a plan to manage that disclosure.

So this new guy is just part of that plan. We don’t know the how and why, but we at least know the what. . But it does mean we’re making progress, so I agree with our host, this development is a positive.

Weissman’s recent comments confirm that he’s terrified right now. No way does he open his yap otherwise. That too is progress.

They may have gamed this out as best they can, but their best will still be bad because they broke the law on a massive scale, and that will be tough to cover up.

12. The Raven says:

He has a line in there that Durham should wait until after the election. Why?

And then here he is blabbing before the election. In four parts.

Why does this smell? I’d say he may be a disinformation plant. Especially when he says, some people lied to the IG. When he produces evidence which are recordings or emails, etc…..they need to be examined for tampering.

Otherwise you get to court and then he’s exposed as a fraud and the defense says AHA.

13. TJ says:

Now that’s what I call, “telling the tale”. Another shill in the Big Con Mob.

Was the recording of Halper made before the segment?

If you don’t know who the mark in the room is, it’s probably you.

“It’s a con job.” – PDJT

14. Genie says:

I wonder if Schrage’s time in the spotlight will be longer than Patrick Byrne’s?

15. Merkin Muffley says:

Here is some more information on Schrage:

16. Krashman Von Stinkputin says:

Third, Schrage notes he was interviewed by John Durham. Horsepucky. Durham doesn’t interview anyone; someone else does, someone very specific; and the fact that Schrage has no clue who that person is implies an aspect to the side-show he now presents as total nonsense. In short, this is a distraction story…. Look over there…. shiny things.

I don’t read a lot into the statement “interviewed by John Durham”
    It was called “Mueller’s Investigation” for convenience.
    Doubtful Mueller interviewed anyone either.

And if Schrage has “no clue” who the REAL MAN behind the curtain is….
    and came forward now anyway
    makes his action (not his tale) intriguing.

A potentially careless “shot in the dark” diversion or kick of the bushes.
    OR
    The “someone very specific” IS KNOWN and is not considered a threat in the slightest.

17. rickinhouston says:

Schrage said HE contacted the Durham team to tell them what he knew. They did not contact him. Another BIG tell.

Also, he said he wanted to give Durham a head’s up what he was about to spill to the American public so it wouldn’t be a surprise to Durham.

When does anyone think they have more than Durham has, now?

You are correct. This guy is a crisis actor.

18. Dana Christianson says:

I Have A Feeling There May Be A Few More Of These Dupe’s/Shill’s Pop-Up In The Near Future Trying To Guide The Nine-Ball Into The Intended Pocket. This Guy Just Happened Remember (And Or) Discover Audio From 4-Years Ago? IMO This Is Nothing More Than A Gentle Nudge To Direct The Cattle Towards The Chute.. Look’s Like Maybe The Bloated Alcoholic Stephan Halper Is Gonna Be Clasping His Ankles Along With Jim Comey… Who’s Next?

19. Zy says:

Sidney Powell’s take on Schrage.

20. Doppler says:

Margot Hemingway’s take on Schrage is up at the Federalist. https://thefederalist.com/2020/08/10/what-we-learned-sunday-from-spygate-insider-steven-schrage/

Maybe Halper, Dearborn, Steele and Andrew are going down, along with their handlers in the IC and their paymasters at ONA, and Schrage is a factual witness to their actions, eager to cooperate in exchange for not being charged as a co-conspirator. A rat worried on the one hand about being charged and on the other about turning up dead.

21. shipley130 says:

CYA, CYA, I don’t want to go to jail, Nay, Nay, Nay.

22. spren says:

When I saw this guy and his story earlier today on BPR, I immediately became very skeptical and suspicious. Why come forward NOW after three and a half years? Why was he secretly recording Halper? And he also worked for Bush at one point. My spidey sense told me something isn’t right.

23. hilton33 says:

Test

24. yonason says:

UPDATE – from Gateway Pundit

It looks like he’s been in it up to his “diaper-rash” from the beginning.