Sunday August 9th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

128 Responses to Sunday August 9th – Open Thread

1. citizen817 says:

2. citizen817 says:

Demorats being led, and as usual… falling behind. Don’t be a DemoRat.

3. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Are There Physical Blessings Today?

By Pastor Paul M. Sadler

“Pastor Sadler, you referred to our having physical blessings today. What exactly do you believe those are?”

While we are primarily blessed with all spiritual blessings in the heavenlies (Eph. 1:3), God has also blessed us with physical things. The Bible that you hold in your hand is a physical book with a spiritual message.

When we observe the Lord’s Supper, we are partaking of physical elements, the bread and the cup, which convey a spiritual message (I Cor. 11:23-26).

“For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: For it is sanctified by the Word of God and prayer” (I Tim. 4:4,5).

The very food we eat everyday would also be classified a physical blessing. Notice that “every creature of God is good”; that is, every piece of beef, chicken, pork, fish or shellfish we eat is good and not to be withheld as unclean today. Under grace, eating a ham sandwich is acceptable. Paul adds that it is set apart by God in accordance with His Word and prayer, a clear indication that we are to offer thanks to the Lord for what we have at every meal.

The apostle instructed Timothy, “having food and raiment let us be therewith content” (I Tim. 6:8). While we are clothed spiritually in Christ’s righteousness, I wouldn’t advise leaving home physically unclothed. Our very clothing is a physical blessing.

In the context of prayer, Paul prayed that he might have the Lord’s prospering on his physical journey to visit the saints at Rome (Rom. 1:9,10). “In everything [not just some things and not just spiritual things] give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you” (I Thes. 5:18).

Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

1 Corinthians 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
    24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
    25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
    26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord’s death till he come.

1 Timothy 4:4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
    5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

1 Timothy 6:8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

Romans 1:9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;
    10 Making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto you.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

• Socal Silent Majority says:

Ventura County, CA church to defy court orders to close Sunday and risk arrest/citation of Pastor and up to 1000 congregants

• Boots says:

FTA
        —–
        “The Constitution is not a suicide pact,” Guasco said. “The exercise of individual liberties has to be consistent with public health, otherwise the one would cancel out the other.”
        —–

Compromised Chief Injustice Roberts opened the door to this shocking, prejudicial, and unconstitutional abridgment of the freedom of religion as established by the First Amendment:

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.”

Lest anyone not know, all the above rights were extended to the states by the 14th amendment. For the free exercise of religion see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantwell_v._Connecticut

Mere words, no matter the quantity thereof, fail to describe the absolute depravity and despotism of judges who, in contravention to their oath of office, blatantly, with malice and open prejudice, declare the very first item in the very first amendment the Founders included in the Bill of Rights, is not a right, but a privilege by permission of those who see themselves as lords, masters, and keepers of The People; and who deem that The People are subordinate to them and the government they comprise.

Soon, how I don’t know, whether in this world or the next I know not, every single one of these treacherous, arrogant, and malevolent sons of Satan will be forcefully made to see they are subordinate to us, not the other way around. And that all of us are subordinate to the King of everything on earth and under earth, in the seas, and in the Heavens.

4. Garrison Hall says:

These sessions have quickly become solid favorites. Have a wonderful and blessed Sunday, Treepers.

Like many people I’m find that, of late especially, I’m feeling the creeping affects of depression. But while depression is definitely a physical thing and something to learn to move past, I also know that it is in times of stress and worry that our Lord’s presence, His love for us, is so profoundly healing. I can never really understand the mystery of faith. I think each person’s experience it different in many ways. But what I do know is this. If you want Jesus in your life all you have to do is tell him you believe and that you want and accept his love. And that’s it. There are blanks that can be filled in later and He’ll help you figure all that out. Do this—even in the blackest most miserable times—and you’re in, you are saved and He will be with you forever. Honest.

5. Michael Fox says:

I found this post with some interesting thoughts to ponder. These aren’t my words, but they’re very provocative and profound.

This says it about as clearly as I would have said it myself.

******************************************************************

I never dreamed that I would face the prospect of not living in the United States of America, at least not the one I’ve known all my life. I’ve never wanted to live anywhere else. This is my home, and I’m privileged to be born here.

But, today when I woke up and had my morning coffee, I realized that everything is changing.

No matter how I vote, or what I say, or to whom I say it, no matter how I spend my money or how righteously I try to live my life, something evil has invaded our nation, has deeply affected the soul of our country, and has buried the youthful innocence of our national treasure.

The liberty we have lauded for nearly three centuries is laying on the altar of collectivism, surrounded by the chants for socialism, and suffering from the rants against capitalism, wealth, individualism and success.

It’s in this context that I’m confused by the hostility of family, friends and former foreigners. I look at people I’ve known all my life, some so filled with hate, that they will agree with opinions they would never express as their own if they were in their right minds. It’s beyond comprehension.

It seems like I’ve entered the Twilight Zone…

Some people may be enraged and would argue how wrong and old fashioned these thoughts are. Nevertheless, I can’t resist expressing them because we ARE becoming the Twilight Zone…

We have become a nation that has lost its collective mind.

• If a man pretends to be a woman, you are required to pretend with him.

• Somehow it’s un-American for the census to count how many Americans are in America.

• Russians influencing our elections are bad, but, illegals voting in our elections are good.

• It was cool for Joe Biden to blackmail the President of Ukraine, but, it’s an impeachable offense if Donald Trump inquires about it.

• Twenty is too young to drink a beer, but, eighteen is old enough to vote.

• People who themselves or their ancestors have never owned slaves should pay slavery reparations to people who have never been slaves.

• Questions challenging illegal immigration are hateful, but, harassing conservatives in restaurants is virtuous.

• People who have never been to college should pay the debts of college students who took out huge loans to go to colleges they couldn’t afford to go to.

• Illegal immigrants with tuberculosis and polio are welcome, but, you’d better be prepared to be shamed, fined or even imprisoned for refusing the vaccine for the virus of the year.

• Irish doctors and German engineers who want to immigrate must go through a rigorous vetting process, but, any illiterate gang-bangers who jump the southern fence are provided sanctuary.

• $5 billion for border security is too expensive, but, $1.5 trillion for “free” health care is not.

• If you cheat to get into college you go to prison, but, if you cheat to get into the country, you go to college for free.

• People who say there is no such thing as gender are demanding a female President.

• We see countries that went into Socialism and collapsed, but, we’re told it’s the direction our country should go.

• Some people are held responsible for things that happened before they were born, but, other people are not held responsible for what they are doing right now.

• Violent criminals in the catch-and-release program end up hurting more people when they’re released, but, stopping them from being released is bad because it’s a violation of their rights.

• And, pointing out all this hypocrisy makes us “racists.” People are dying of a Chinese virus, but, it’s racist to refer to it as a Chinese virus even though it began in China.

Nothing makes sense. Values, morals and civility are nearly always mocked anymore.

We are clearly living in an upside down world where right is wrong and wrong is right, moral is immoral and immoral is moral, good is evil and evil is good, light is darkness and darkness is light, killing murderers is wrong, but, killing babies is right.

Wake up, Citizens!

The great unsinkable ship “Titanic America” is heading directly toward an iceberg.

If it doesn’t change course quickly to avoid the collision, it’ll be damaged beyond rescue and repair, leaving its success and glory sunken in the depths of history.

Every United States citizen is the Captain of our majestic ocean liner. Each of us has a decision to make.

Steer clear of the iceberg, or, stay the course, believing our unsinkable ship can survive what will certainly be an irreparable tragic collision.

Just don’t delay too long to make your decision, Captain. My face is burnished from the icy winds gusting off the iceberg…

• Garrison Hall says:

Molon Labe

• Donna in Oregon says:

Really good analogy. I also feel like America has been invaded and taken hostage by Loons and Liars.

Satan is the father of lies. They believe his lies. The Bible says that they are allowed to have their delusions at this time. I read scripture every night before bed. It helps me sleep during all the things you just mentioned.

From: Compelling Truth

What does the Bible say about a strong delusion in the end times (2 Thessalonians 2:9-12)?

Second Thessalonians 2:9-12 speaks of a strong delusion God will send in the end times: “The coming of the lawless one is by the activity of Satan with all power and false signs and wonders, and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false, in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.”

• Michael Fox says:

Funny you’d refer to Thessalonians, Donna. I agree and have thought this is a Biblical prophecy fulfilled for quite some time.

For about ten years I’ve been saying that God has placed our nation, in fact the entire world, under this delusion. Certainly the last five or six years especially.

It seems every miscreant is empowered. Demonic forces are running rampant.

Jesus, come quickly for Your bride.

We ain’t comfortable here…

• Donna in Oregon says:

Yes. And Yes. This COVID 19 is really nuts. I don’t know how much more ‘crazy’ it can get. I’m afraid we are about to find out.

• Michael Fox says:

Yes, Donna, I’m afraid you’re right.

I suspect we’ve only seen the “tip of the iceberg” CRAZY, especially when the coup to destroy President Trump and our nation is revealed and the massive cabal of Deep State inner government criminals and Soros type folks finance MASSIVE CRAZINESS to distract everyone.

Act 3 of Covid, destructive “peaceful protests,” Occupy White House (apparently a plan to do an OWS in front of the White House for a period of time before the election), etc.

And I shouldn’t even mention the necessary deflection from all the pedophilia soon to be exposed.

These freaks think they’re carving up the American Pie and every evil miscreant wants a slice.

• Grandpa says:

That right there. Isn’t it Scriptural? “…they will call good, evil; and evil, good.”

• Michael Fox says:

Good catch, Grandpa. Most definitely Scriptural.

God calls it exactly as He knows it. Every thing, every time.

Good is evil and evil is good shows that we are in radically sinful days like Noah, just as Jesus described the last days would be.

6. leavemygunsalone says:

This is fun.

• GB Bari says:

Woooweee!
      Amen and please pass the coffee!

• Michael Fox says:

Okay, GB and Guns Alone, I love this pastor/preacher/proud American!

In more ways than one, he kinda reminds me of, ME.

I also make my coffee like a coffee milkshake. 7 creams, 5 sugars. He’s way more intense than me though, with the double fisted method of drinking.

I’m guessing the Lord pulled him from the wreckage of alcoholism and FILLED him with His Spirit and power.

Love this guy!

• Bob says:

Sugar isn’t the only problem here!

• wondering999 says:

“if it’s about health, next time I see you with a cigarette or a Big Mac in your hand I’m going to rip it away from you”
        LOLOLOL!

• GB Bari says:

Yep! Nothing requires a pastor to be meek and polite. Even our Lord Jesus Christ got righteously hot at the money men in the temple and tossed their butts outside.

7. rah says:

As I mentioned on Wednesday my last run this week was from Anderson, IN to Kansas City, Kansas and as I suspected I ended up having to deliver the load at Hebron, KY. After doing my thing at the Toyota replacement parts DC in KC it was important that I make it back as far east as I could before taking my 10 hour break in order to make it possible to deliver in Hebron and then make it back home.

I made it back with 8 minutes to spare on my 11 hour driving time. Despite a four mile back up due to construction on I-70 in Missouri. Despite I-270 being closed in the early morning hours in St. Louis due to road repairs requiring a significant detour. Despite the instructions being wrong about delivery in the message that dispatch sent me for actions at Hebron. And despite being required to go get an empty trailer to bring back to Anderson.

I now have 9 overtime days in 10 weeks. Great for the paychecks but not much of a life in that time. No end to this busy time insight. So for me it looks like this may be the summer that never was. I would have loved to have sat by a fire, had a Jack & coke or two and solved the worlds problems with my neighbor last night, but I was exhausted and in bed by 18:30.

8. We ask all of in Jesus name!

9. rah says:

Short term outlook for Atlantic Hurricanes. Next week to 2 weeks conditions are not favorable for strong storms striking the US and the African wave train is practically shut down but after that look out. All indications are we’re in for very heavy activity with multiple major hurricanes and good conditions for them coming ashore in the US. As you have seen, so far this season there has not been a major hurricane (CAT III or higher) and all the named storms that have struck the US have been relatively weak but that is very likely to change in a big way in 10-14 days. Florida in particular appears to be in the cross hairs for a hit by a major hurricane or two the 2nd half of the season. Other areas that where conditions are very good for strong strikes are the Texas coast and the Carolinas.

Meanwhile in the western pacific is in record territory for a low ACE (accumulated cyclone energy). Or IOW it has been an exceptionally quiet typhoon season and is expected to remain so. The eastern pacific will be likely to fire up again.

Winter outlook for the US. The NW US is likely to see a colder than average winter with great snow accumulations and thus another great ski season. We in the center of the country are likely to have a mild first half of the winter.

10. Donna in Oregon says:

When Dora gets here I hope she sees this 🙂 I love the pictures she posts so I posted from the website of an artist I enjoy. Hope you do too! Really happy colors of Mother Nature in all her glory. Makes me happy 🙂

11. Charlotte Powell Brooks says:

Baby Lives Matter.

12. Dora says:

13. Dora says:

14. Dora says:

15. Took a quick trip down too the waterfront..
    As @Sundance says..
    Live every day, Like you last day..Glory Be..

16. Right to reply says:

An interesting Sunday morning read

“FBI raids Miami office during probe into billionaire’s alleged money laundering”

“When Ukrainian warlords need a well-earned rest from fighting the civil war, there’s always Cleveland, under State Department protection, or Miami for the warm weather.

Igor Kolomoisky has accumulated more than a quarter of a billion dollars in US investments through a chain of front companies which stretch from several American states to Miami, Florida, to Cyprus, and to the Caribbean. He has also managed to keep his name out of the public record of the American transactions. But the money trail in some of his deals, and at least one of his partners, have come under scrutiny by US and state government agencies, and federal courts in several US states. ”

17. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day for Sunday, August 9, 2020

“For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.”
    Romans 1:17 (KJV)

18. WeeWeed says:

Crack reporting here, infidels. Definitely CRACK something…… Mornin’!

19. Sepp says:

. . . but deliver us from the Evil One.

20. For your Glorious Sunday Sunrise..

I took this just this Morning..
    A Flock of Pelicans came across, alas; they wouldn’t stay “still enough” too capture them coming across the Sunrise.. (So sorry)..

21. flatwesttx says:

Proverbs 17: 11, 20, 23

22. Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Event type: Earthquake
    Region: Virginia-North Carolina border region
    Geographic coordinates: 36.479N, 81.098W
    Magnitude: 5.1
    Depth: 9 km
    Universal Time (UTC): 9 Aug 2020 12:07:38
    Time near the Epicenter: 9 Aug 2020 08:07:38
    Local standard time in your area: 9 Aug 2020 06:07:38
    Location with respect to nearby cities:
    3.5 km (2.2 mi) SE of Sparta, North Carolina
    44.1 km (27.3 mi) W of Mount Airy, North Carolina
    59.4 km (36.8 mi) ENE of Boone, North Carolina
    74.2 km (46.0 mi) NNE of Lenoir, North Carolina
    212.9 km (132.0 mi) SSE of Charleston, West Virginia

Wakeup call for Virginia from God this morning?

23. GB Bari says:

We know that communists have infiltrated our schools for a few decades.
    We see the products of their efforts- children who hate America and think it’s a bad nation spawned by horrible men. How can so many young people be this badly “educated” (brainwashed)?

Because there are so many brainwashed teachers. Only a few, you think?

Look at this.

24. Sampatch says:

The fourth Thursday in September to be a Day of Fasting proclaimed by the President of the United States of America, then President Abraham Lincoln in 1861. Lincoln’s proclamation (url below) came just months after 7 southern states determined succession from the Union, Fort Sumter surrendered and the first battles had begun. The country was wounded and bleeding. Yet Lincoln’s proclamation in response to Congressional appeal called upon him to proclaim a day of Humiliation, Fasting and Prayer to bring God’s blessings and restoration of peace.

Join us in response to Lincoln’s proclamation September 24, 2020

In Christ

25. just stevie says:

PRAYER IN THE FATHER’S HEARING

“Father, I thank Thee that Thou hast heard Me.” John xi. 41

When the Son of God prays, He has only one consciousness, and that consciousness is of His Father. God always hears the prayers of His Son, and if the Son of God is formed in me the Father will always hear my prayers. I have to see that the Son of God is manifested in my mortal flesh. “Your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost,” i.e., the Bethlehem of the Son of God. Is the Son of God getting His chance in me? Is the direct simplicity of the life of God’s Son being worked out exactly as it was worked out in His historic life? When I come in contact with the occurrences of life as an ordinary human being, is the prayer of God’s Eternal Son to His Father being prayed in me? “In that day ye shall ask in My name…” What day? The day when the Holy Ghost has come to me and made me effectually one with my Lord.

Is the Lord Jesus Christ being abundantly satisfied in your life or have you got a spiritual strut on? Never let common sense obtrude and push the Son of God on one side. Common sense is a gift which God gave to human nature; but common sense is not the gift of His Son. Supernatural sense is the gift of His Son; never enthrone common sense. The Son detects the Father; common sense never yet detected the Father and never will. Our ordinary wits never worship God unless they are transfigured by the indwelling Son of God. We have to see that this mortal flesh is kept in perfect subjection to Him and that He works through it moment by moment. Are we living in such human dependence upon Jesus Christ that His life is being manifested moment by moment?

Oswald Chambers
    August 9th Devotional

26. dunewall says:

So, just watched Ms. Lindsey on Maria Bartiromo’s show on Fox touting a released document showing criminal behavior in the FBI falsely testifying about the Carter Page FISA justification. What is his plan … A strongly worded letter about it. Useless.

27. Bill Mack helped me pull a lot of long miles.
    A Texas original.

Happy Sunday ‘Treepers

28. ThePluckyDucky says:

This is my first real, non-“Hi, I am a long-time lurker” comment so I hope I am doing it right!

This is a very interesting article based on an interview with author Patrick Wood on the history of technocracy and how it relates to what is going on with Covid and the greater picture of our situation right now.

Of course, they are not factoring President Trump or Sundance in the fight!

29. Sepp says:

The Lord’s Prayer

30. MTeresa says:

31. MTeresa says:

32. Cam Heck says:

No idea if this video will post correctly as it speaks to the rampant pedophilia and human trafficking POTUS is ( I pray) going to expose. I’ve tried to share it in several ways and keep getting the message that the “ video no longer exists”… so I take it POTUS is over the target.

33. Ganesh says:

A concise positive article about Covid in Sweden vs. everywhere else.

34. Little Berkeley Conservative says:

I LOVE Conservative WOMEN!

Want to know WHY?

35. Simple Citizen says:

The bridge called FAITH:

36. When I read this article about felony charges for people tweeting/retweeting a picture to get help to identify a person, I had mixed emotions.

On one hand, I don’t want to see ANYONE subjected to harm or threats, especially a policeman.

On the OTHER hand, I wonder WHEN it IS acceptable to post a picture in order to identify someone who may deserve LEGAL repercussions (arrest, prosecution, civil suit) for an action they took.

Opinions, please…

• auscitizenmom says:

Well, here’s mine. It has gone too far. It is going to take harsh punishment to stop a lot of what is going on. Putting out policeman’s faces, names and addresses has to be stopped. For everybody’s sakes. And, if the young, ignorant, misguided, stupid, half-grown children of 18 to 29 get caught up in the law…………….too bad. It has to stop.

And, on the other hand, the pictures of the rioters should be posted everywhere.

• I think we’re in agreement. The place to complain about police is with their departments, or with federal agencies. Putting ANY public servant’s face or info (,Doxxing) online should be grounds for prosecution.

As far as these rioters go, their pics should be provided to investigators who SHOULD seek the public’s assistance if there’s substantial evidence of a crime. I also have no problem with “crowdsourcing” attempts to identify/locate lawbreakers.But there should be no comments made about evoking any sort of vigilante or “street justice\”

Let the law handle it

• auscitizenmom says:

Yes. The problem we are having is there is NO law in a lot of places right now. Or, the law is inside out and backwards. It will take vigilante justice to straighten it out in those places.

• It wont take vigilante justice, which would only cause the situation to degenerate even further. IMO, the Governors in states with mayors who refuse to enforce the law MUST be coerced into replacing those mayors.

Some, if not all, State Constitutions grant Governors with the power to remove corrupt local officials from office, similar to the way the FL Governor removed corrupt or incompetent elections supervisors Brenda Snipes and Susan Bucher.

THAT is the route needed… STATE (not federal) intervention whenever possible, unless Federal facilities or personnel are under assault (as in Portland)

We might joke about Antifa being “pencil-necked, skinny-thighed wimps who run from fights, but nothing could be farther from the truth. Though that may be true of the Useful Idiots they hide among, the CORE (Black Blocs) are well funded, well trained and willing to fight toe-to-toe with police, let alone any “Proud Boy” types who rise up to oppose them. They CHOOSE to not use firearms because they know THAT would provoke unwinnable battles that turn their own Useful Idiots against them.

Trump’s dilemma is that he WANTS to preserve States’ Rights, but several Dem governors are unwilling to take action and seem undefeatable at the ballot box.

37. I got the news today:

As of Sept 1 I will be “Resident Superintendent of Distance Learning“ for a 1st grader AND a HS Senior! YAY!

Something tells me that I should RE-ACTIVATE my Spell-Checker. Just sayin’…

• auscitizenmom says:

And, maybe pray for an extra dose of patience? Just in case.

• I did 3 months at the end of last year, plus homework with the little one every day. That was actually fun.

But, the school system made it impossible to double check on the older one’s assignments or progress, so the only feedback I got was when his teachers sent emails to his Mom about “Missing or Incomplete work” which he had LIED TO ME about.

Things were very tense for a while, to say the least.

38. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Please place Your Guardian Angels of Protection around Donald Trump and Mike Pence and their families as they seek to lead America back to You. Also, we pray for Angels to protect and support our Sundance as he works for justice and peace.

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

39. auscitizenmom says:

A prayer for Justice Kavanaugh and Gen. Flynn:

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
    be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

40. lucidian says:

Hello Treepers. Yesterday I was surrounded by Antifa at the pro-cop rally in Seattle: