Today President Trump announced four executive orders targeted to help the majority of Americans as democrats in congress refuse to help.

Democrats in DC are holding middle-class economic relief hostage so they can force massive taxpayer bailouts on Blue states.  To avoid the loggerhead battle, President Trump is using his emergency authority via executive orders.

1) The first executive order signed is a payroll tax holiday for Americans making less than $100,000 [Details Here] President Trump stated: “If I’m victorious, November 3rd, I plan to forgive these taxes and make permanent cuts to the payroll tax and to make them more permanent.”

2) The second executive order is directed to “the Department of Housing and Urban Development, HHS and CDC, to make sure renters and homeowners can stay in their homes.“ [Details Here]

3) “The third executive action I’m taking today will also provide additional support for Americans who are unemployed, due to the China virus. Under the CARES act I proudly signed I expanded unemployment benefits into law.” Benefits will be $400/week. [Details Here]

4) The fourth XO is a “directive providing relief to student loan borrowers.” The policy will be extended through the end of the year. [Details Here]

President Trump also said he will also be looking at income and capital gains tax cuts. “So we’re going to be looking at income tax, we’re going to be looking at capital gains tax cuts on both and maybe substantial. And we’ll be reporting back fairly shortly on that, it’s big news big news but very important,” Trump said.

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, CDC, Coronavirus, Decepticons, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Donald Trump, Economy, Election 2020, Legislation, media bias, Mitch McConnell, Nancy Pelosi, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

408 Responses to President Trump Signs Four Executive Orders Providing Middle Class Economic Relief Due to COVID-19…

1. Why an EXTRA $400 per week for unemployment.

I had unemployment back in 2008 – 2009 and I never got EXTRA per week unemployment money.

I want back-pay from 2008 – 2009.

• Big Jake says:

Grow up.

• jaxnix says:

Because Democrat governors won’t let their citizens go back to work.

• Because Republican and Democrat Citizens actually allow Democrat governors to pull this kind of crap instead of tarring and feathering them and running them out of town. Freedom is NOT free. The main job of any government is to protect Our Liberty!

• BuckeyeMom says:

Because this was a forced unemployment. And no, I am not on unemployment.

• SallyMAy says:

In all Fairness Obama Era was forced unemployment too… Hell my dad almost starved in that time frame… I have photos of him so skinny… it’s F*ing ridiculous… and some of my relatives had no job for almost 2 years straight. F*ck Obama and his Organized Crime Faction.

• Dave Radetsky says:

I have seen the same in our family. My friend’s brother-in-law was unemployed for 7 years during Obama’s administration. He wiped out his savings and most of his retirement, sold virtually everything to survive.

• diver64 says:

All kinds of work although it probably wasn’t what your friends BIL wanted to do so he made the choice to remain unemployed. My wife and I were both unemployed so moved 1,000 miles south and both found jobs.

• YUP, “Shovel jobs, weren’t exactly ready” 0bama joked, not funny was it! Sure cost us though with the TARP, Qe1 & Qe2

• diver64 says:

IF your dad almost starved, and I’m going to throw the flag on that one, he did it to himself as there are many food banks in virtually every city and EBT is only a visit away. If he just refused to get welfare as being too proud then I laud his conviction as he made that choice.

• Most unemployment is forced. They get weekly unemployment payments and this has been going on for many years. NOW weekly unemployment payments have an EXTRA $400 per week.

ALL Lives Matter! But NOW the livelihood of the unemployed is worth an EXTRA $400 per week on top of normal payments.

• SallyMAy says:

Yeah that’s why I’m just gonna write this whole year off…. people sitting on their a$$ while I have to search for ways to make money…. in an economy where people are not spending it on things other than cars and bigscreens and food….. LOL….. I’m just gonna pretend like the year did not exist… in the mean time I’m looking for a rich woman who already has money. Since the economy is so twisted and bizarrooooooo.

• 11bravo says:

There are just soooo many unemployed. All those car and rent/mortgage payments missed would cause an absolute and complete breakdown of our economy if the government did nothing. I think it should be 200 or 300 at the most, and it should only go through the end of the year. Something had to be done though.

• diver64 says:

I was making about $700 a week working but with the extra federal money I would have made $950 on unemployment sitting home. Tell me again how most can’t do that math and decide it’s to their financial benefit to not work? Even with the $400 extra I would have made $750, still $50 more than sitting on my keister.
          Pelosi is blocking anything from happening out of political spite but doesn’t care as she and all the other Dems in Congress are still getting paid.

• Bat Masterson says:

I have never been on unemployment in my life. I work in the restaurant industry as a chef/cook. When I have been without a job, they tell me to go look. There are plenty of jobs out there. Doesn’t matter that I am overqualified or underpaid. I am expected to work at whatever I can get. Again, I have never received unemployment money in my life. I am 54 years old.

• Magabear says:

To your point, I have never seen so many help wanted signs posted in front of businesses since the 80’s. And considering that most job postings are online these days, that’s an amazing thing to see. And during a scamdemic induced economic downturn no less!

But as long as people can make as much money on unemployment as they would working, those jobs will be tough to fill.

• SallyMAy says:

High taxes on income will keep me from being a slave employee. I used to work 90 hours a week. I ended up poorer because the tax end….. Which is why I start my own business and calculate my own taxes based on normal math. Help wanted signs aren’t going to fix my tax problems if I choose to be an employee. Just saying the obvious… maybe if I had 3-4 kids being a employee might make sense because I would be getting $10,000 at tax time…. but that is a whole nother subject.

• tdwesselman says:

unfortunately the job market for positions that pay above 50k a year is not quite so available. and companies don’t advertise these kind of jobs. Aerospace Manufacturers will be reducing staff to less than 1/2 of their 2019 levels.

• Why not an EXTRA $400 per week for Social Security!

• SallyMAy says:

Exactly…. the easiest thing they could have done was pay everyone a Monthly Stimulus, or stipend until this is over. I don’t understand why our country is so F*cked up…. It is truly beyond my wildest imagination… and I am highly skilled person who is jobless and getting nothing too. That stimulus to me… would help me buy more tools to build my business I am trying to start.

• trishinsouthernillinois says:

Nancy controls those purse strings.

• Eric says:

Your post makes ZERO sense. If you are unemployed, you are exactly who this $1600 per month is targeted at. You should be thrilled.

As for another stimulus check, that is what Nancy is blocking. If you are upset, blame her.

• SallyMAy says:

Dude, I said I do not qualify… I have earned only $500 this whole F’ing year…. aside from that little stimulus I got which I spent to buy tools for my business.

I am trying to build a business and I do not qualify for unemployment, or Pandemic Funds according to my state for lack of income….. for 2 quarters. You know businesses sometimes start out making no money because it’s almost all investment up front.

F*ck the Democrats…. I am blaming them.

Again why should I be thrilled?

• Eric says:

I run my own business too and don’t qualify. But I’m making money. Less than I was, but I’m still paying the bills. If I wasn’t, I would go get a job with a firm that paid. Jobs are out there. Go get one.

• SallyMAy says:

School me on Economics….. we have a printing press. We print money when we need it…. that is how the economy expands. You sound like a Democrat…. Listen I know economic well… which is why I had so many billionaires on my facebook page… roughly 18 billionaires…. some of whom were making 2 billion a year.

• Payday says:

Then maybe you should hit one of them up for a few bucks?

• SallyMAy says:

I would if I used my friends…. I don’t do that….. Now if I could make money with them…. I would make an offer. Right now, I am trying to do my own thing.

• Payday says:

So you won’t use your friends. Evidently, you just expect your neighbors to contribute. If you want to do your own thing, that’s commendable. You should just do it then. You come across as someone with their hand out expecting others to help you do it though.

• SallyMAy says:

I come across however your crooked mind wants me to come across…. Not everything you imagine is true though… and in this circumstance… your thoughts could not be more wrong. I was the back bone of this country…. a person working 90 hours a week… while other little cry babies whined about working 50 hours…. I was the one who got taxed into poverty because I worked too much, while others were working less and making more after taxes.

Now I am going a different route after being jobless for 5 years and observing my standard of living going up…. by not getting taxed into hell.

• Payday says:

LOL @ working 90 hours a week. I don’t believe you. Almost as funny as taxed into poverty for working too much. But no matter. It’s obvious whose really doing the whining here.

• SallyMAy says:

I repeat you don’t have to believe me… I have my own life to prove it and the pay stubs you dolt. I was taxed into poverty because my tax bills along with Gas prices wiped me out when gas was $4+ a gallon under Obama. I was driving 70+ miles each way.. 140+ every day of the week…. Gas was costing me almost a $1000 per month to get to work after taxes… Lol. On top of all my other bills as a single person. Again…. you don’t have to believe anything, but I have to facts and truth in front of me. So keep being a dolt… Loser.

• Payday says:

So now you were working 90 hours while also driving 14 hours a week? Up to 104 hrs a week now. That would only be 15 hours a day, 7 days a week. You should send this one in to Ripley’s. LOL!

• Payday says:

Btw…@ a typical 30 mpg highway, that would be $16 a day, 30 days a week, or $480 a month. You’re just chock full of tall tales.

• SallyMAy says:

I actually worked 20 hours one day…. on the clock. I was going home in the middle of the next days shift…. because I had a hot job the boss wanted done. So what is your problem? I already said I was the backbone of this country. My normal daily hours were 15 hours running 3 different machines and managing a small team of operators. What is your problem? Are you a 50 hour a week whining loser? I know alot of people who whine about anything over 40 hours…..?

• Payday says:

Seriously, I don’t believe you. But even if I did. Your income would have still went up proportional to your taxes. It wouldn’t have pushed you into poverty. Ridiculous.

• Payday says:

So I guess one would consider that you putting in overtime…above your normal 90 hours a week? Was that a 95 hour work week that week? 109 counting driving time? LOL

• Eric says:

Why should anyone on social security receive more money?

• Why should anyone on unemployment receive more money?

• Eric says:

Because millions of people lost their jobs because of COVID and the Democrats.

How do you not know this?

• SallyMAy says:

Dude they have already gotten more than their fair share…. some to the tune of $10,000 Enhanced Federal Unemployment in the last 4 months…. and we are gonna give them another round???? You are Full of Pooooo.

My personally earned income for the year will be maybe $1000 total if I am lucky, nobody is buying anything I sell. so these people will have gotten what 30,000 – 40,000 – 50,000 on unemployment and enhanced in that time?

Wow … this is like some bizarro world we live in.
              F*ck the Democrats…

• Eric says:

So someone who got fired because of COVID and is still struggling to put food on the table has had their “fare share”?

Meanwhile, you are literally complaining that your personal business has not taken off and you deserve $$$ from the government.

What’s bizarre is you sound like a Democrat who is pissed she isn’t getting her government check while others are.

• SallyMAy says:

No, I don’t want money from the govt’…. I want to compete in an environment where I am not disadvantaged because of free money for thee, but not for me.

Listen my business will take off when I want it too.
                  Quit trying to say I am democrat.
                  I am as conservative as one can be…

You sound like a democrat… saying these folks deserve extra money because covid….. So shut your mouth. You make no sense.

• gerkmonster says:

Why don’t you make your business official and hire a relative and apply for small business money?

• SallyMAy says:

I am trying to work through this crisis which is evolving to a mental health crisis…. once I get over that… I will get my business going 100%… right now I am still investing in equipment and whatnot. I am also looking for a relationship which affects where I will start my business. I’d rather go slow and be sustainable ….. than go fast and flop. 🙂

• They already get unemployment! How do you not know this?

Why should anyone on unemployment receive EXTRA money?

• Eric says:

This is an EXTENSION of unemployment benefits until the new year.

You simply sound like someone complaining that they aren’t getting $$$ from the government while others are.

Pretty sick and selfish if you ask me.

“Where’s my money!!!???”

My guess is you’re going to do alright.

• SallyMAy says:

In all fairness those who are not getting extra money are being robbed.
                  in one way, another…. I have unemployed people buying my assets I have to sell to survive in this slow economy. This is a some Bizarro world… and Here we have someone calling us Democrats…. whilst he is calling for extra welfare for those on Unemployment…. Lololl… Like I said this world is bizarro…. and I know more about this Sundace spectacle than most here… because I know people who know Trump…. and I am a hardcore Conservative Trump Supporter…. but this extra Unemployment BS…. is just that. BS

• This is Not an EXTENSION of unemployment benefits until the new year. This is an EXTENSION of EXTRA unemployment benefits until the new year. EXTRA above-normal unemployment benefits.

• SallyMAy says:

You really don’t understand economics do you? What is your business? You sound like a lower level manager, not a Business OWNER.

• Thinblueline says:

And the states will be required to pay 25% of the enhanced unemployment. This might be an incentive for the states to open up. Brilliant move by President Trump to sign these orders. He has played the dems and rino’s once again. Leaders lead…period.

• SallyMAy says:

They don’t deserve anything more than normal pay. Honestly this “Eric” Guy sounds like a Democrat.

• SallyMAy says:

Comment deleted by Admin…

• SallyMAy says:

Comment deleted by Admin…

• SallyMAy says:

Comment deleted by Admin…

• MfM says:

Two reasons SS should go up that I can think of. Likely someone on it could think of more.

Costs have gone up, especially food. I’m pretty frugal and used to go food shopping 3-4 times a week, to hit sales at different stores. There aren’t many sales on food, cleaning supplies or toiletries now. If you are elderly, with health issues you maybe looking at pickup or delivery services, those aren’t cheap. With runs on various items cheaper brands are wiped out and what is left is higher prices name brands. Beef prices have gone up significantly. We used to have it when I caught sales, now it’s rarely at a decent price.

Second as a stimulus to the economy. If they had a little more, they would spend it.

Personally I preferred the $1,200 payment because it helped working people also.

• yucki says:

MfM-
            About the food, I know. Had to cut down, make changes.
            My congregation organizes pickup & delivery.
            But we’ll appreciate those things so much MORE……
            ……’cause……
            …….the Best is Yet to Come!

• TRProst says:

Or make all social security income exempt from federal taxes.

• Steve Mink says:

You also wasn’t unemployed by a direct result of the government forcing businesses to to slow production or shut down commerce because of a national emergency declaration. Unlike most unemployments the massive amounts of people being forced out of making a wage is due to government therefore it is within the power of the government to make up part or whole of the monies current claimants loose each week.

In short, current UE is the direct result of the government and not the result of an employer who made bad decisions in business.

• SallyMAy says:

Listen… every person in this country was affected. I was affected when I went to the store. I was affected when my suppliers shut down….. I was affected when my would be customers had no money because of the pandemic and state unemployment offices that were not paying benefits to those who were eligible for 3-4 months because they could not handle the number of payments efficiently.

I was affected in every way that most others were… . I just happened to be someone who decided to not be an employee, who wanted to build a business in a time that was not Good for my pocket looking back in hindsight.

As I said I fell through the cracks…. and still fall through these cracks this time.

• MaineCoon says:

Enough of your whining.

• SallyMAy says:

Add some substance…. I add more to this sight than any other person could, or has… because I know more about the ongoing BS… and Russia Gate than anyone on this planet. I am the first person notify Trumps friend who was being spied on…. because I saw the signs in Italy and New York.

• SallyMAy says:

add something of value to this topic…. you see the topic middle class relief…. that involves my posts… so shut up.

• Thinblueline says:

Man/woman up and go make things happen for yourself. There are a lot of opportunities out there. Get off the internet and go make it happen; you’re wasting time complaining.

On a side note, I just cast my delegate vote for President Trump and I’m excited for the future. Energy has shifted…

• Our government forcing businesses to slow production or shut down commerce because of a national emergency declaration only happened because we have become a majority of ignorant, uneducated, uninformed, compliant Citizens.

“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.” — James Madison

“Educate and inform the whole mass of the people… They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty.”

The majority of Citizens should have stood tall and told all governments that they do NOT have the authority and Our permission to shut US down. We should have told them that they are way out of line and to piss off.

“Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,”

• hardworkinghousewife says:

No. There should be no extra payment for unemployment. I buy from local farmers. I know personally numerous farmers who have been unable to hire people because their original employees left to take unemployment and now do not want to work bc they make more staying at home.

I also have seen first-hand the abuse of unemployment with many being generally lazy.

I know in some instances it is helpful to have the extra benefit, such as wait staff who rely primarily upon tips. For those people, yes, I agree with the extra bump. However, in general I think it perpetuates the welfare culture.

• Bree says:

I guess you haven’t been forced on a furlough.

• SallyMAy says:

No just jobless relative to no paycheck for 5 years… because life didn’t go as planned. That being said… I still pay for my own expenses… wondering why other people are getting all this free money. I have been out of a job for 5 years…. I find it all amusing… like some kind of Social Experiment where nothing makes sense.

• DWC says:

It’s not an extra $400 per week. It’s the only $400 per week. The previous $600 per week expired. I was also unemployed from 2009 on and they did extent the unemployment was extended out additional weeks.

• pjpatriot says:

Asking for that is like reparations, you never get satisfaction only more discontent.

• pjpatriot says:

• Somewhere in Dixie says:

Because the unemployment payment was based on your salary, so nobody got more than when they worked. This time they changed it. No family of 4 can live on $300 a week. They should have left the unemployment as it was.

• Orangepaws says:

The extra unemployment money really hurts small businesses paying in the $20 – $25 per hour range. When figuring taxes, the unemployment checks are more than a paycheck. Trump is not helping the economy recover.

• Tazio Nuvolari says:

Where do you see it will be an extra $400? All I see is there will be $400 payments.

• “The extra unemployment help would last until Dec. 6 or until the Disaster Relief Fund balance drops to $25 billion, “whichever occurs first,” according to the White House memo.

This supplemental aid is on top of existing state unemployment benefits. State payments vary widely, from $235 a week maximum in Mississippi to $1,234 in Massachusetts.”

• budklatsch says:

As that POS Speaker commented when the tax cut was passed, “Crumbs’. She should be run out of DC on a rail, tarred and feathered!

• Stephanie says:

A lot of people are furloughed. They still have a job, they hope, to go back to. They aren’t lazy unemployed bums living off unemployment, ok? They were forced into furlough and unemployment. A lot of them are young people just starting on a career after Obama told them ‘give it up, its over, your future is bleak, deal with it’ and then when Trump was elected the jobs started happening again, they got a decent job, got promotions, and then bam! the virus happened. So stop acting like all these people are lazy bums getting something for nothing on your back. Sheesh. You only help people like Obama taking all hope from the young and reinforcing the idea that republicans are all rich assholes who don’t give a shit about young people. When that is a damned lie! Sick of this attitude.

2. ex101st says:

Can’t wait to see some of the blue state governor’s refuse to go along with this and then explain their actions to the unemployed. Need more popcorn. (I think 400.00 may be a bit rich as well)

• SallyMAy says:

$100- $200 extra would have been truly fair… (I would be happy with $100 a week total, none of the enhanced on top BS myself) $400 Extra seems okay since the people were forced out of a job…. In my State that would pay you $850 a week…. which is about $300, or so more than most people make.

I’m a person who is getting nothing because I fall through the cracks in this system…. I was trying to build a business for the past year, with no revenue, or income yet.

Everyday I wake up and I think to myself…. I could not imagine how f*cked up this world is…. especially in the US. Our System makes no sense with Democrats sabotaging us every step of the way… while they enrich their donors. I am tired of their BS.

• musicdoc2020 says:

I think that the states are responsible for 25% of the extra 400$. Does that mean it will become more expedient for states to get people back to work rather than explode the budget even more?

• SallyMAy says:

I posted on here… some guidelines before.

They stated what the Republicans should do…
          first off I said extra $200 a week Unemployment….. oddly enough that was their offer.
          Accompanied with the Stimulus….

Anyways, I also stated that badly run states unemployment offices will pay the price… and they should, so hopefully that is the objective on that extra 25% state enhancement.

I still believe a direct stimulus would have been easier, but maybe the final objective wouldn’t work that way.

• Robert Smith says:

States should be trying to get people back to work anyway. Outside of political games, they are wrecking their states.

• hardworkinghousewife says:

Interesting. If so President Trump is brilliant. Always finding a work around to get the desired result.

• Tracy A Hayes says:

Its actually $300 with the state paying the additional $100 to make it $00, the states CAN choose to NOT pay the additional $100 leaving their constituants $300 additional. The blue states most likely will choose this option and pay for it in the long run.

3. MfM says:

Another option… all the Covid crap may disappear. Trump has now declared himself ‘all in’ for supporting people in the country that have been hurt by the lock downs.I

No more pandemic, no need for these measures.

• … Proving NONE of the Demo☭rat measures worked
      … and ALL of Trump’s did!

• TarsTarkas says:

The pandemic reaction was to break Trump’s economy. Since that play failed, it is now needed for blast mail-in ballots. Without unsolicited mail-in ballots and consequent ballot box stuffing, Democrats can’t win.

• Magabear says:

How did it fail? 10% unemployment rate from an under 4% UE in just 5 months? Seems the scamdemic is working well for the anti-Trump crowd.

• TarsTarkas says:

Considering the unemployment rate was approaching 20% not that long ago, it’s come down a lot. And with Cuomo and Schumer surrendering on schools, that will enable more people to work in that state, and that will help, even if DeBlasio continues to imitate Hugo Chavez.

And the first relief bill helped, and now these EOs will help a lot.

And you can’t base your policies on trying to please the haters. The TDS crowd aren’t gonna vote for him even if Lucifer was his opponent.

• SallyMAy says:

I think we need to line the Communist anti American Scum up against a wall…. Since when did we allow Traitors to walk freely in our Country….. especially in the body politic.

• And didn’t Trump put a dent in their mail-in ballot plan by his appointment of new head honcho to the USPS. I hear heads rolled in USPS today because of that……

• Jan says:

The ACLU has 450 lawsuits against Pres. Trump. I wonder if they’re representing any Americans?

4. Tiffthis says:

When are the Dems gonna file a lawsuit? It would be death to the party 💯

5. nimrodman says:

I was on a rant earlier in the week that PresTrump’s team was looking ineffectual on these negotiations, and that he should take the case directly to the American people and – basically – just blow it up!

Well – he blew it up

Thx, Pres!

6. joeknuckles says:

If Obama could issue an EO that forbids enforcement of a particular law that he doesn’t like, why can’t Trump issue an EO that forbids enforcement of laws he doesn’t like (mask laws, stay at home orders, etc.)?

7. jmclever says:

The payroll tax holiday is nice for those of us “essential workers” who have stayed working at half the rate of the unemployed

• BuckeyeMom says:

Not all of the unemployed have become instantly wealthy. Some employers were generous and kept benefits intact for those forced into not working. Not all did. Have you ever priced COBRA insurance? This has been a terrible situation that will hopefully be over in November with President Trump being re-elected.

• jmclever says:

Yes COBRA as a so called benefit is a joke! But for my part, I could have had literally double the weekly income had i been laid off. Single mom 40hrs a week in a factory bringing home just under $400 a week. And that is fairly average for my region.

• SallyMAy says:

It is not fair….. unfortunately we have to hope the system gets fairer…. or I will go work for some wealthy person in another country. It really hasn’t paid to work in this country for some time now. Things have been getting better under Trump for working people…. but the Democrats are trying to sabotage our Fruits of our labors and for many people they have completely ate the fruits before it even grows. We have to get rid of the Traitors…. hopefully by voting them out ( Democrats ) before they ruin us.

• tdwesselman says:

For a single person Cobra is usually about 700 a month for just basic coverage, Over 1500 for a family….

• Amy2 says:

Yes, that will be nice! Our whole family has been “essential” (retail) since day one. I’m glad we have all been able to work, but the payroll tax would certainly cover the hazard pay we should receive for dealing with mask enforcing/cranky/depressed/I’m going to take it out on you customers!!

8. Mike Lee DelMarcelle says:

Hopefully people will get the benefits before the dems file a lawsuit trying to curtail them It would be much more damaging for the dems if they took away something people started getting vs stopping it before it gets started.

9. RJ says:

• nimrodman says:

Payroll tax cut only benefits people who are … you know … ON the payroll
      In other words, working people with jobs

Doesn’t benefit the layabout welfare class
      Doesn’t benefit illegal aliens working off the books
      Doesn’t benefit bolshevik college students living off their parents’ dime

In other words – doesn’t benefit large swaths of her voting constiuency

So of course, she’s agin’ it

• Doesn’t benefit retired people like me either.

But I am all for it. I was working when it was proposed removing the upper income limit and reducing the payroll tax to 1% on all earned income. Maybe PDJT is heading in that direction. He did say maybe they could make it permanent.

10. jleonard14 says:

Check and mate. None of us like it. But the virus will disappear on November 4th and the President will have four years to get everything right.

• SallyMAy says:

The virus is the Democrat Party…. and their nonstop looting of our country….. The virus will not disappear anytime soon. Look, we wouldn’t even be having these problems if Nancy didn’t screw us the first time…. hopefully The American People and Trump have the last life….. Nancy kinda looks like a Traitor to me…. she has been Robbing us blind and working with Billionaire donors who got rich shorting stocks HRC was attacking. Sounds like some inside trader scams laundry mat to Nancy, Biden and Company. Note some of these Billionaires demanded that Nancy be the Speaker or they would not support the DNC…. They effectively closed the loop on the Laundry mat when they wrote that letter in 2018.

• SallyMAy says:

above I meant…. hopefully The American People and Trump have the last Laugh……

for some reason I miss spell here often?

• ThriveOn35K says:

I wonder how many of the Republicans will come out against this gamesmanship. He obviously is calling the bluff of the Democrats who were reverse negotiating. Many of the same Republicans that oppose most things Trump will cry about the proper role of Congress and the Executive. The howls for separation of powers will be as deafening as the silence during the last administration.

I may be just a dumb rube from the middle of Kansas, but I enjoy watching my side use the same “dirty” tactics that have been used against us for years. Provided Trump doesn’t get into illegal spying or harassment like the “scandal-free” Obama administration, I appreciate using a similar playbook.

11. jus wundrin says:

At the SHILL, grammy was the first to whine about it. I would have rather seen the economy open back up, but then we do live in strange times.

12. Mike says:

Two things: $400 a week is the compromise between R $200 a week and D $600 a week.

When the Democrats sue they will use a Dem controlled 3rd party to deflect from blame.

13. dallasdan says:

The President is relating directly to working-class Americans. It’s how he rolls. 🙂

14. if he is done negotiating, then the cap gains cut is not a leverage ploy.
    that would turbo the economy like we’ve never seen.

15. samwise163 says:

One man army. He is the ONLY one working for me – the US legal citizen.

16. BiovizierMantrid says:

Whaah, Whaah, Trump won’t give me enough free stuff! I even painted his street by his building with letter groups of expressive invocation and he won’t pay me what he owes. This isn’t mummy giving me a tie around the positive admonishment Gaia shrub at ‘Human Gift Holiday’ ’cause I was bad. He owes me. And he owes the black people. Entitled American?!. What’d you call me?! Get real, Cuba is the greatest hovel known to All My Linnels. Castro is my dude. He has the dopest free stuff. Now tap that blunt and let’s jam the speed and go smash some cop stuff and yell at them. And we’ll start our hood’s first Sovereign Monkey Nectar Collective! We own this street! We’ll be stars on YouT*rds! 200 likes on F**kbook even! My parent sucks.

17. dufrst says:

Don’t be fooled on the Social Security argument. Social Security and Medicare are already paid through the general fund, which funds the discretionary side of government because of the decades that the social security trust fund was raided by politicians.

The General fund is indebted to the Security Trust fund, thus Social Security and Medicare are funded by the general fund which is funded by income taxes, corporate taxes and tariffs.

Cutting payroll taxes will not mean the end of entitlement programs. It will mean that Trump will look to fund entitlements through other means. In the short run that will be debt (Debt that is being bought up by the Fed) as is all of government at this point. Don’t be surprised if Trump uses reciprocal trade tariffs to fund the treasury in his last 4 years.

18. Jeffrey Coley says:

I can tell you, my company is hurting for labor. We’ve been trying to hire temps … nobody wants to work. They make more to stay home on unemployment + the COVID supplement.

• SallyMAy says:

I only work as an employee as a last resort. I work for myself now, albeit this year has been terrible income wise. I got tired of being a puppet for bosses under Obama’s reign…. the bosses were always screwing me. So I fix that by being my own boss…. also taxes on normal employee income are too high. When I am the boss I determine my income by adjusting my prices relative to my taxes paid. Simple formula math wise… which I cannot control as an employee.

19. truthbomb says:

Disappointed with the EO on payroll tax. $100k goes a long way for a family of four in Arkansas, not so much for a family of four in Southern California etc. Lots of families who received relief under the first Wuhan virus relief bill are getting squat here.

• SallyMAy says:

Trump should have done a direct stimulus to each and every citizen…. working, or not… this whole covid scam is more of the same old same old…. scamming of peter to pay paul.

20. Lurker360 says:

There seems to be (at least) one concept missing from the minds of those who decry those who are being benefitted by the $400 fed stipend for the unemployed: Many states pay a small fraction of what the unemployed person actually earned during their employment (In CA, also self employment.

The key here is that even with the $400 or $600 added to their state payments, many are still bringing home substantially less than they did while working, and most would love to be freed up to get back to it. So, before you begrudge your brother for needing a benefit, consider that he may still be in a world of hurt.

Many were summarily (needlessly) put out of work by government decree (usually State Governors). Here in CA some jobs are “essential” while others are not (feel worthless much?… here, let uncle Government help out…). /s In CA much Non-essential work has been curtailed since March 19th. Hell, we have even been forced to become troglodytes because we could not even get haircuts. Now, restaurants are serving people out in their parking lots, because, don’t you know, eating in a tent is so much safer for everyone than simply using the damn restaurant facilities! /s

A poster well up (who went on with inane wasting of space) whines because their (her?) “business” has only made $500 this year… And blah, blah, blah… where’s my pie? Friend, I truly hope you succeed, but YOU admit that WERE NOT EARNING anything before this hit. Somehow you were getting by. The assumption is that NOTHING has changed for you, hence no PIE for you. (and you could have applied for a disaster loan from S.B.A. if you operated in a disaster area where official dictates regarding the China Virus put your business out of operation).

• Lurker360 says:

That’s an unfortunate turn of events.
      Why take a loan? to help your business (and your dreams) survive.
      But then, as you stated in so many ways, you were not really seriously in business.
      Bye now, done here.

• Deb says:

$500 barely covers food and you have no kids?

Maybe stop eating out and learn how to cook cheap and healthy meals.

My family has a monthly food budget of $700 and we have 9 kids. Because we cook at home from scratch.

• MfM says:

That was my first thought, unless you have medical, diet needs, food can be cheap. Ours for two adults is $175.

Food waste in the home can really increase costs. Anyone truly trying to cut food costs only has to look on YouTube for help.

• Deb you are an amazing shopper! Mine kids and only 700 a month! How do you do that? I only have two kids at home and we spend twice that amount! Teach me!!😂😂💜

21. leavemygunsalone says:

Hopefully the money will actually make it to our citizens and not things like the NBA, Kennedy Center etc. I get soooo tired of reading about the crap that goes on.

22. Lurker360 says:

Troll.

23. modspell says:

If not for the just expired UE benefit I would have been homeless by now. I have to pay rent for a semi unemployed housemate as well. Covid Newsom did his best to destroy us but PDT spared us. This is the case for a good million or more others too. We’ll remember on November 3. Believe me we will.

24. modspell says:

25. pjpatriot says:

This is a test post – looks like I’m being shadowbanned again. Must be my handle,

• pjpatriot says:

Yeah, this one went through, sorry to waste space Treepers.

• Ad rem says:

PJ….We don’t shadowban. If you’re banned we’ll tell you. We were having site issues all week, and lots of people were finding their comments were not posting. Hopefully, things are running smoothly now.

• jello333 says:

Yeah Puddy, there’s obviously a ton of complaints when things aren’t running smoothly, but I rarely see any comments when they ARE. So just thought I should let you know that yeah, the past couple days I haven’t had any issues. For awhile there, like a lot of people, I had comments not posting and such. But I resisted the urge to try re-posting, or writing a follow-up comment complaining about the first one, since I assumed that would only make your job harder (sifting through even MORE stuff getting stuck in Spam Jail).

So anyway, whether it’s something you did to fix things, or WordPress just suddenly decided on their own to quit being stupid… things seem to be working now. 🙂

• ImpeachEmAll says:

Just say’n… 😉

There just hum’n… 😉

P.S.- Thanks for all You do.

26. Burst Mode says:

You folks missed the biggest thing of all. Trump declared a major disaster via EO which basically goves him the power of a king. Congress started granting these powers in the1970’s, and gave Pres. Obama the right to do anything. Now… lets see what happens. He really wanted to work with congress. But they are such losers. Sick. He felt sad for a second. And then signed it.

27. Paper Clip says:

Blatant vote-buying, unless of course people [i]must[/i] be unemployed because of the pandemic, in which case it can’t be helped.

It must be rough for a lot of landlords and landladies at the moment.

28. “Sec. 4. Tax Forgiveness. The Secretary of the Treasury shall explore avenues, including legislation, to eliminate the obligation to pay the taxes deferred pursuant to the implementation of this memorandum.”

So the way I read it. If you defer your taxes to the end of the year and they do NOT find an avenue on forgiveness are we on the hook for what we deferred?

If so that is like holding a tax gun to my head to vote for the President. Not that I needed it, I like the guy but if this is how it is going to work, and Trump is not re elected, a lot of people will get crushed April 15, 2021. Unless of course people save the tax break just to pay it later.

Can someone smarter than I with tax law comment on this please?

29. SithMystery says:

Waiting for Democrats to start claiming that Trump is holding the middle class hostage by deferring their taxes and holding those payments over their heads to force people to vote for him so they won’t have to pay those taxes… This is a bit of an unforced error on Trump’s part…

30. dbobway says:

Comparing 2008 to the WooHan bio-weapon attack is a fair comparison.
    Both were done to suppress, the Republican voter. It worked perfectly in 2008.
    Arguing over the ‘means’ to an end, doesn’t do anything, to actually get the result intended.
    The President is building the power base of mainstreet, while Uni-party is and has been trying to destroy mainstreet for decades.
    We got sent home by the easy money elites in 2008. There was
    ‘no’ economy to return to. Democrats an RINO’s succeeded in destroying the American middle class. These people are slavers, slavers don’t like competition, and love complete control of a 3rd world working class, who are glad to make just enough to stay alive.
    The WooHan did the very same thing, main street was getting back the 1/2 of the worlds consuming economy. That is a lot of power in the hands of ‘mostly’ good honest people.
    That power drives a giant wedge through the middle of easy money slaver economics ‘WORLDWIDE’. A massive swath of good, driven, moral consumers makes the whole world a better place for all the people, not just a few.The President’s ‘means’ Saturday keeps what he has accomplished alive, long enough to out last the attack on mainstreet power. That power will make make the world a better place for more people. Today’s economy is waiting to explode with growth never seen in history. The President isn’t buying votes, he is trying to save the world for the people, not a modern day serfdom, the end he seeks.
    You all are free to complain how or why he is PDJT is doing this.
    Well, I’m mainstreet, and it is working.We are winning, bigly.

If we fail, look forward to complaining, in a ditch with your last dying breath or in a a jail cell where only the walls are listening. Slavers extinguish complainers, no due process.

31. Bastiat says:

“The truth doesn’t care about your feelings.”

Sundance is warning you all. It is someone you love or admire.

I’m leaning toward a guy I’ve never liked. Fake, reserved, guarded, calculating. When someone is like this, it should throw red flags. It is not a sign of moral strength, just a sign of discipline, and discipline is a neutral characteristic. It can be used for good or bad.

Even if it is not Pence, I will still never, ever trust a man like him. He is terrified of showing something in his character or words, and he puts up this facade to cover for it. It may be as simple as him being inept, or it may be something more nefarious. Either way his primary motivation cannot reconcile with MAGA. His primary motivation is himself.

32. ImpeachEmAll says:

Just say’n… 😉

Regarding the four EO’s…

33. glissmeister says:

I am confident Trump intends to forgive the payroll deferment, but if that deferment does not come, the government demand for payment due will bring financial disaster to millions at tax time, and likely devastate many thousands small business who will be unable to borrow to save themselves. The small business owner will still a be fiduciary in this matter as will the employee responsible for payroll. They will have to pay or face risk of prosecution and emprisonment, or have their personal property seized to pay the tax when the deferment ends..

The most protective aspect of the current (draconian) payroll tax scheme is the requirement of immediate collection and prompt payment to the government — and the unilateral property seizures, financial and criminal repercussions that follow if you don’t timely pay the government it’s tax money.

A deferral merely collapses the established habits and protections of the perverse but effective practices of immediate collection and payment to the government. If they can’t afford to pay the tax when the money is there to be collected, how will they pay the tax months later after the money is gone; because gone it will certainly be in most cases. It can’t come from immediate future earnings because those will become fully taxed again. There is no cash to pay today’s payroll tax on top of yesterday’s unpaid tax, both coming out of tomorrow’s payroll. This is the same basic economic trap created by PPP should Mnuchin’s promises of forgiveness of PPP loans under $150,000 fails to materialize. Such a failure of good intentions will be a lethal double bind for thousands of small businesses. The peril in these types programs is their capacity to do damage equal to or greater than would otherwise occur.

I trust Trump has a plan here. But payroll tax deferment without forgiveness being certain and assured is a deeply troubling fate to find one’s person and business abandoned within should the best intentions give way to the proverbial Road To Hell.

If they qualify in good faith and fulfill that good faith use of funds, forgive the balance owed. Keep the unemployed liquid with cash. Keep liquidity in the main street markets and forgive the good faith debts. Pray for your brothers and sisters in small business. Pray for your brothers and sisters looking for work. Help them. Don’t let envy and resentment into your heart. Pray for their forgiveness and recovery.

In this emergency, should we lose or otherwise squander by cheapness or pettiness the financial vitality, tempo and economic viability of Main Street (from the smallest to the largest cities) to Democrat and Uniparty government treachery, you will not recognize the America that will in turn create. This is the lynchpin in our national economy and social order.

The nation hangs in the balance.

34. JAS says:

The bear in the closet is that the people on minimum wage or thereabouts earn more than they normally do when taking into account this Federal assistance. So, there is zero incentive to go back to work.

The result is that this fine and essential group of people will not go back to work as long as the subsidy remains in place, and I don’t blame them. A huge amount of services to all Americans will not be there as long as this stands.

I know first hand. I can’t get a single person/company to fix my sprinklers or anything related to landscaping. My yard is devolving into a dried out weed farm.

JAS

35. EI EI EIO

An Executive Order
    Oh, the no
    Whatever shall we do
    If we only knew

The Dems, they are evil
    The Dems, they are mad
    The Dems, they want to kill
    The Dems, they are so bad

First was a stimulus of three
    But only twelve hundred for me
    Now they want a stimulus of two thousand
    So President Trump said pound sand

Unemployment rates are four hundred free
    But the States don’t have to pay three
    No the Dems, they are so sad
    Teeth gnashing, their deals are bad

I have a job, for now at least
    So I don’t get that unemployment beast
    But what of tomorrow, poverty will I taste
    Oh, with the EO, President Trump defeats the beast

36. Signreader says:

I have a quandary on Trumps Employee tax holiday!
    Trump is holding off on all the payroll taxes! correct!
    Are Social Security & Medicare programs self sustainable during the tax holiday under the current circumstances?