National Economic Council Director Larry Kudlow has been doing a great job in his role as an economic cheerleader and sounding board for President Trump on COVID mitigation. In this interview Kudlow discusses a ‘potential’ phase-4 stimulus package targeted to offset very specific sectors at risk from continued COVID-19 closures.

Additionally, Kudlow notes there could be financial incentives, offsets to expenses, to help schools re-open this fall in the event COVID mitigation creates higher costs. Lastly, Kudlow again notes that China is in a precarious position from the outlook of the White House.

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, CDC, China, Conspiracy ?, Coronavirus, Decepticons, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Donald Trump, Economy, Education, Hong Kong, media bias, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

155 Responses to NEC Director Larry Kudlow Discusses Phase 4 COVID Package, School Incentives and China Confrontation…

1. mallardcove says:

California just went back to phase 1…. I’m done. Leaving in a month. Gave 30 day notice today

• Alli says:

Mallardcove good luck to you and have a safe transition to wherever you are going.

• mayflowerchild says:

I predict it will be the best decision you’ve ever made. Where are you headed?

• Right to reply says:

Move to Florida.

• NoMorePrivacy says:

Please don’t come here and vote democrat.

• California Joe says:

Florida is gone! I drove from Palm Beach County to Miami every day on I-95 and didn’t see another White person in a car for the past five years! The Broward County schools are gone. Palm Beach County outside of a few pockets in Boca Raton, Wellington and Jupiter are gone. Naples outside of the village is gone! Orlando is the Bronx! If anybody thinks Florida is a safe haven they better think again!

• SpotTheSpook says:

Yes, please don’t come here. It’s absolutely terrible!

• mayflowerchild says:

Depends on where you go. Lots of conservative areas. We’re in St. Pete, pretty conservative where we are. Sarasota is conservative – lots of areas on the W coast, middle and Panhandle also Red. Yeah, east coast is bad – has been for years.

• NoMorePrivacy says:

It really does depend on where you go. The large cities are what sinks Florida. If it weren’t for all the little “red” towns (like mine), Florida would be lost. The east coast is really bad, and it isn’t even pretty as compared to the west coast.

• Dutchman says:

There are NO “Red States” or “Blue States”,…( wow, I sound like Justice Roberts, lol).

Every State has, to varying degrees, BLUE cities, purple suburbs, and the farther out you go, the redder it gets.

This applies, with only slight variations, to California and N.Y. State, as much as to Utah or Wyoming.

Perhaps one reason is because it is much easier to commit ballot fraud in big cities?
              Universities generally locate in Big cities.

“Underpriviledged” populations tend to aggregate in big cities, being dependant on Social services.

At any rate, I strongly urge ALL those who can, to get the hell OUT of cities, if at all possible; your life could well depend on it.

BUT, you don’t necesarily need to move THAT far; often 30, 50 or at most 100 miles, takes you into major RED territory.

SOME people may have occupations which just aren’t in demand, in rural areas. Consider changing occupations.

ALMOST everything is cheaper, out here. LAND and HOUSING is WAY cheaper. Auto insurance, too. Those things which are transported by truck; food and especially perishables are SLIGHTLY more expensive, but then they are probably trucked into the big city, as well. And, according to Sundances maganomics, WILL come down.

IF we DO get into the CW2 many are anticipating, the Big cities will be even more dangerous than they are now.

My wife and I made the move years ago, and are so glad we did! For TREEPERS, who are MAGA, I say “Come on IN, the waters FINE!”

For libertards running away from the naturally cosequences of the policies they supported with there votes,….well out here in rural America, most all of us have a whole shelf of spare shower curtains,….and there is an understanding you DO NOT bury bodies on your neighbors property.

Take em out in the toolies, ferchristsake! Said in JEST,…of coarse!

But seriously, we DO NOT want a flood of libertards,…

• mayflowerchild says:

I think you’ll like it. That’s my residence, although we escaped when the panicdema started to our quiet 2nd home in TN. No state income tax. Property taxes, probably equal to CA, but insurance in FL is expensive (hurricane).

• CC says:

St Lucie county and all those south are mandating masks in public.

• sysconfig says:

That is awesome..I have family there and they love it..don’t be fooled by the fake stats.which were found to have been jacked up by a factor of 10 to give the illusion of second wave..

• Max Tadpol says:

Right behind you!

• dreamguardian007 says:

“I’m done. Leaving in a month”

I’d be looking into South Dakota if the winters weren’t so cold. I’m increasingly disappointed in Governor Abbott, but otherwise we really like living in South Texas.

• Julia says:

Here is a ranking of the 50 states according to freedom:https://www.freedominthe50states.org/
        I invite you to Indiana. It is #3 in freedom and we need more conservatives. Otherwise go with safe travels.

• ibid says:

You get used to them.
        I just last friday lost my job to the COVID shutdown in Dallas.
        SD is my relocation of choice.

• Carole Parker says:

Same here, love Texas but not the governor!!

• Susan Davidson says:

Exactly! I grew up in South Dakota and moved to Texas after college. It is the o my other place I would move. If it wasn’t for my six year old grandson being four miles away I would be looking at homes in Rapid City area. I think the governor there is fantastic.

I am disappointed in Governor Abbott. Not sure who he is listening to but I think he is making some poor decisions. I sure hope he doesn’t mess up the fall school system. If he doesn’t allow them to open I will suggest to my son n daughter in law to allow me to home school him.

• jnr2d2 says:

I am disappointed in Abbutt too. He needs to let ALL the counties open up except the big blue cities – let them do their thing. They will likely drive many businesses to the suburbs, or the countryside — this will create competition and force the Blue Demo Marors hand!!
          Unfortunately Abbutt is an idiot.

• Check out Rapid City. I considered moving there but I can’t take the altitude. They are one of those places where the weather is moderated some…I met some people who lived there and they considered it moderated, but if you have been in a warm climate it would be a harsh awakening. I want to move out of NC…governor making announcement on Friday and I am quaking…probably make non mask wearing a crime…then I am cooked.

• YeahYouRight says:

We recently visited SD, took the kids to Rushmore to learn about the men on that mountain, once statues were under heavy assault. We were pleasantly surprised by how mywe loved it there, and it’s certainly Trump Country!

• YeahYouRight says:

Abbott has disappointed us all, friend. Dan Patrick is where it’s at!

• Super elite covfefe999 loves her President! says:

I’d suggest you come here … but I’m in Illinois. It’s an improvement but not by much. At least our state Supreme Court told Gov Prickster that the extensions of his 3-day order are illegal.

• Sugarhillhardrock says:

Mallard,
      Your decision is consistent with millions of other people who are leaving other states where making a living and just living are problematic.
      I bid you good luck and trust you will register to vote upon arriving at your new domicile.

My wife and I live in a Northeast Sh!thole state, invaded by lefties from MA, NY, etc. It is now hard blue. We are behind you in execution, but planning an exit.

A real shame, as my ancestors from my home state fought in the Revolutionary war and helped establish the country.

I’m ashamed of what the invaders have done. 57% of the people here are not natives.

• Robert Smith says:

Good luck. One of the strengths of America is the ability to move to greener pastures.

• littlebird160 says:

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence….especially if there’s a septic field beneath the surface. 😎

• ImpeachEmAll says:

Just say’n… 😉

Especially, if in need of service by
          a #1 in the #2 business vehicle.

Quite a waiting list; since most have
          been diverted to Washington, DC 😉

• PinotNoir says:

Also a weakness. Stand and fight option is diminished. The marxist borg will follow you. The Welsh once owned everything south of Hadrian’s wall. Now they have the rainy mountainous corner.

• rojobirds says:

I’m not ready to cave yet. I still got a glimmer of hope. Gov Nuesome’s action today could be the tipping point for this state. I’m gonna see it through until after the election and decide at that time.

• Fixin2 says:

Come to Texas. We need more Conservatives

• jimrockfish says:

Fixin2- Where would you recommend in Texas? I’m in Tucson now and have been since 93. I’m over it here. Cost of living is low but that’s the only thing I can say positive about it.

I’m 57 and was self employed until the China virus. Not sure what I will do next. Like to be kinda close to the ocean. Been to San Antonio and down to Corpus but haven’t explored much. If I go anywhere I’ll bring my pro Maga voting with me.

I think Abbott and Ducey are doing the same things so not sure Texas would gain me much.

• Ger San says:

Jeez, get out of Tucson….the rest of AZ other than the 3 big cities is like a different state. We moved to Pinal County from Colorado 6 years ago, no regrets!

• Big Jake says:

Why, so our a Governor can lock him down here?

Ab-butt is about to go full leftist on us.

• repsort says:

Texas is gone.
        Went to Port A, Austin, San Antonio, many small towns up and down the coast to see family.
        Plenty of Trump flags, Don’t Tread flags, Come and Take It flags and Live free or die talk, but then they mask up to go buy TP.

• Tiffthis says:

Mallardcove- LAUSD just announced they won’t be opening next year at all. Distance learning only. Plus, my kids karate- where the private classes were NEVER cancelled and now cancelled- so IMO this is worse than phase 1. This is terrible

• RePete says:

Good riddance, then! We’ve been here to long. I will never leave.

• carterzest says:

Even Sabo, http://www.unsavoryagents.com, Is leaving California. Idaho welcomes all patriot refugees. Good for you. What a load off!

• YeahYouRight says:

Congratulations and Godspeed!

• delighteddeplorable says:

I’m so jealous! I’m leaving but unfortunately it can’t be fast enough to suit me. Best of luck to you, wherever you go. You’re FREE!! Hearty congratulations!
      🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

• Dutchman says:

One final note on leaving/moving; consider the RV lifestyle. Its NOT for everyone, and to do it right you need to do your homework, and recognise its a major change.

Given that, there ARE a # of advantages.

Not all trailer parks are shiteholes, some are quite nice.

Where I live, the monthly space rent for parks in the area is around $200/month, plus utes. Comes to around $350-$450/month, total.

Try to find any other accomodations close to that.

And, if you don’t like where your at,…MOVE. And WHEN you move, there is no renting a moving van, having yard sales or donating all your stuff not ‘worth packing’, then packing everything up, and on the other end unpacking, and not being able to find anything for months, in your new digs.

Takes an hour to unhook my home from water, power and sewer (and thats generous).

Takes two hours to set boxes on the floor and take down things that would fall in transit, and secure cabinets and fridge door.

Drive to new location, reverse process.
        And, the same evening of my moving day, I am sitting in my recliner, watching my t.v., reaching for by bag of goldfish, but 250 miles from where I was, that morning!

Just something to consider,…

• Snellvillebob says:

I got out in ’84 when a union forced my company to move. I could afford a house outside Atlanta and I have been happy ever since. It does take a couple of summers to get used to the summer humidity though.

• Robert Smith says:

The heat and humidity is BRUTAL.

When I first went down there I was confused by restaurants/bars that had sliding fronts to open up to the heat. I was sweating like an animal just sitting still.

• Snellvillebob says:

I was from the SF peninsula where it was only humid when it rained. My first visit was to my brothers wedding in Jacksonville Florida in August. I almost died, in a suit, waiting outside while the photos were being done when the edge of a thunderstorm hit us. It put one huge droplet of warm water on every square yard of hot concrete. I decided I was in hell but luckily just visiting.
          My first summer in GA I thought I needed a machete to cut thru it as I walked around the machine shop. The next summer I barely noticed it. Now it is the heat that drives me indoors.
          One secret is if you work in an office or at home, get out in the spring to acclimate yourself to the summer. If you stay inside all spring and decide to take a walk in August, you are not going to get far no matter what age you are.

• cdquarles says:

No, it is not. You get used to it. I’ve been in Sweet Home Alabama (mom’s birthplace) since 1962 (military brat). We didn’t have A/C growing up. What I can’t stand, since I’m now used to hot/humid Gulf of Mexico South is ice and snow. Keep that back up north where it belongs. ;p

• Robert Smith says:

I grew up in a tiny house with no AC and no shade. I’m pretty sure I’d die in my sleep. That said, if the AC is on at 79 degrees, I’m happy.

• cdquarles says:

No A/C at my house now. That said, we do have shade. Only the east side of the house during the morning hours gets full sun.

• Robert Smith says:

There was a huge tree that covered my house initially and it cool and breezy. My parents disliked having to unclog the sewer pipes from roots supposedly every so often so they cut it down. Then it became an oven. It often felt cooler outside.

• Rachel Guess says:

mallardcove,

We welcome you to the free world where diligence pays off and hard work can result in the American Dream! Good luck and congratulations on escaping the cesspool that cali has become. We made our escape back in 2005 and would not go back there for any reason!…:)

• Big Jake says:

Well don’t come to Texas. Our idiot Governor is threatening to lock us down again if we don’t behave like good little Marxists.

I called his office and gave him a piece of my mind.

Getting really fed up with our guys always lurching left…

• 55praises says:

For those who haven’t opened the link, there are some priceless summary statements!
      FTA
      …enormous questions demand media enquiry:

Narrow, conformist and ideology-riddled education has left our electorates vulnerable to persuasion based on unfounded assertion: élite minorities are doing the thinking for them.
      This is reflected in the serial insults to the citizens’ intelligence in politico-media output, and the unthinking acceptance behaviour of those citizens in obeying the risible “advice” they are given.
      The conflict of interest between the medical “experts” and the monied vaccinators goes largely unrecognised by the average voter, who still labours under the illusion that our legislative representatives put our needs ahead of all others.
      The fact that civil police forces have been profoundly poiticised passes most voters by: the idea of telling a knee-bending idiot copper to fuck off simply doesn’t occur to them.

Inevitably, we arrive back at the Perfect Storm: electorates with sheepish tendencies ruled over by wolves in sheep’s clothing largely assured of media support in maintaining their disguise.

The enormous enigma that remains uninvestigated will not go away: why did perfectly intelligent leaders take such a crass decision on the virus mortality v GDP loss cost benefit analysis – when anyone with GCSE maths would’ve rejected it out of hand?

The People live in vain hope of a cure for Covid 19. My diagnosis ignores one unexceptional virus in favour of the broader malaise: a disinformed citizenry far too willing to accept any old claptrap put out to distract, distort and disqualify their natural (but woefully atrophied) ability to tell Truth from Tosh.

2. mayflowerchild says:

So how does the market go up 400 pt., then crash in the afternoon. It happens time after time. Never used to do that. Almost like someone is manipulating it?

• calbear84 says:

Yep. Powers that be sell into every Trump rally. Problem for them is there’s a Trump rally almost every day and they can’t keep up!

• Super elite covfefe999 loves her President! says:

High speed computerized trading. It’s the new normal. Gigantic rollercoasters.

• California Joe says:

CNBC dragged out Fauci again today to tell everyone that their children are going to Pediatric Kawasaki Disease and die a horrible death. What the hell is President Trump doing letting Dr. Destructo open his mouth on cable news almost every day? Fauci is a government employee who can only speak to the news media with permission!!! The S&P 500 was about to break it’s February all time high until Fauci opened his mouth! Is Donald J Trump the President of the United States or is he a bystander????

• imkittymyers says:

I have the same question.

• Dutchman says:

We have seen the press all in on the Fauci gambit, from day one. Look at todays press briefing. They are constantly feeding it, so that if PDJT fires Fauxi, they will hang it on him that he is firing him cause fauxi is the ‘scientist’ and PDJT is ‘disregarding the science’.

So, like it or not, PDJT is stuck with Fauxi, who like Mueller is goading PDJT into firing him, so Nanzi will use it as an excuse to impeach.

We may not like it, but critisising PDJT for NOT falling into the myriad of traps they set for him, while perhaps emotionally satisfying ‘venting’ really gets US no closer to our goals.

HE is the quarterback. He steps up to the line, sees the disposition of the other team, and calls the play.

If he deems that it is NOT worth the political capital it would cost, to fire Fauxi, who am I to say otherwise?

I WOULD like to see that little gremlin as a grease spot, utterly crushed, ruined and discredited. But thats emotional ‘wants’ not recognising pragmatic political realities.

• yucki says:

I WOULD like to see that little gremlin as a grease spot.
          You write so well, Dutch, you could’ve stopped at GREASE SPOT. [The End.]
          No qualifiers.

• Dutchman says:

I recently got put in the penalty box, for posting, as part of a comment, one of my Dear old Dads lines, WITHOUT qualifying it.

Sometimes, when I was getting bogged down, in trying to sort out who were “white hats”, who black, who gray,… he would say “Ah, just kill em all, and let God sort it out!”

Now, he met that,..metaphorically, of coarse.

And, so did I. Anyway, my short sojorn in the penalty box WAS fully appropriate, of coarse.

It reminded me what we post here is seen my millions of eyes, and qualifiers are necesary, lest we be misinterpreted, or mis-represented.
            🙂

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“But thats emotional ‘wants’ not recognising pragmatic political realities.”

I would settle for a press conference with a video montage of Fauxi flip-flops, followed by an expose’ of the myriad conflicts of interest he has. End that by asking the American people if they trust his judgement.

• Sally Hugher says:

I think these Democrat Governors are using their Powers to Manipulate the Stock market at the benefit of their Donors. If they keep the economy shut down, the donors will be short the markets and they will most likely go down. Hopefully someone is looking into that.

• CC says:

Whatever happened to the “Contrarion” model? Buy low, sell high…it will come back.

• Sally Hugher says:

You have to have money and an economy in order to buy low and come back. At the rate we are going now with these lunatic Democrats screwing everyone, everything will be worthless because nobody will have money. I already have hard assets that are dropping in value… some as much as 100% drop since this stuff started, when measured relative to being a liquid sale. That is with the items being worth way more intrinsically, if you added the man hours invested in building the items. We are in for some really rough times if we choose not to defeat these enemies within. We must Prevail, so we have a decent economy and something to be proud of. The American Dream must live on to see another day.

• Snellvillebob says:

When the DOW was 10,000, it went up and down 150 quite frequently. It is all a matter of porportions.

• GB Bari says:

So now its 2.5x 10,000 and going up and down 3x to 5x 150 (500 to 800) quite frequently. So maybe a bit out of proportion?

3. Rob Crrgin says:

If schools are closed, all those teachers will volunteer to work for the Biden campaign.

• sunnyflower5 says:

Joe’s Campaign, BLM, and ANTIFA — same difference.

• YeahYouRight says:

They should be fired, like Reagan did the Air Traffic Controllers.

Not that the kids aren’t better off staying away from indoctrination centers, but no reason to pay for their unused infrastructure.

• Snellvillebob says:

In Los Angelos, the teachers are demanding the police departments be disbanded, the funding given to them AND all charter schools be closed or they will not return. Good, they need to be replaced.
      They are threatening our kids.
      This is why I hate unions. They have no morals and are always after the green dollars.

4. magatrump says:

Biggest bunch of fear crap I have ever seen. The MSM is the enemy of the people. These state governers were given their orders to crush their economies and create hardship for their residents all in the name of getting rid of President Trump. I despise each and every one of them.

5. California Joe says:

Once again today at 3PM Fauci opened his mouth on cable news and crashed a great stock market rally that had the S&P 500 back to it’s February high! Why did the news media drag out Fauci at that pivotal moment? TO DESTROY PRESIDENT TRUMP! Why doesn’t President Trump put a gag in the guy’s mouth? He’s a public employee that’s contradicted himself a hundred times already.

• WeThePeople2016 says:

Gavin Newsome happily obliged and shut down the state again right after that.

• But he left his winery open…

• LKAinLA says:

Same with Louisiana John Bel Edwards. Mask are mandatory now. We keep moving backwards. I fully expect to move back to Phase one by the weekend. The kicker for me is the snitches in New Orleans and Baton Rouge. People are tripping over themselves to turn a business in for any infraction. In my small town outside of New Orleans there are 2 cases of Covid. Two. Both doing well.

A lot of the elderly patients are doing much worse than pre shutdown. They have lost muscle mass by sitting and now a lot of them dependent on walkers and some sort of aid. The media is to blame for a lot of the hysteria. These elderly have just stayed in and sat for 3.5 months. No going back to productive and fit for them. They complain of being “weak” but are too afraid to go outside.

I hope to see a President Trump “freedom to all on Nov 4th proclamation.” This bs is not going to end.

I will spare you all of the “public education school starting ideas” going on here. Dumb does not begin to describe it. Help! We are in the Twilight Zone in Louisiana.

• WeThePeople2016 says:

• WeThePeople2016 says:

• Robert Smith says:

People think of CNBC as a financial network which implies unbiased. What makes them any different than other news networks?

6. WeThePeople2016 says:

I hope this was not in the stimulus package.

7. Caius Lowell says:

What a mess, and it’s going to get messier…

8. I just moved my family in May from NorCal to Idaho as political refugees…best move ever!!!!

9. FL_GUY says:

Sundance wrote: It sure seems this COVID economic battle is more psychological than anything else. The media is pushing the fear narrative hard… very hard.

It’s all a SCAM!

As I’ve watch this thing go on, it’s obvious to me that this was a planned attack. It’s all about the election and how the D-rats intend to steal it.

There is no truth anymore. We’ve been subjected to lies for years now and it has gone on so long, there is no reality left. Reality has been chipped away a piece at a time since the Clintoon administration. Lying about the weather, lying about the economy, lying about gender and of course, lying about this virus; can we believe anything other than what President Trump tells us? And he is a lone voice in the wilderness.

I have never seen so much voodoo science as I’ve seen with this virus SCAM! We are suppose to believe that this virus does not succumb to the factors that destroy normal virus? e.g. heat and UV? We are suppose to ignore the fact that during the O clown administration, that Fraudi declared HCQ a solution to this type of virus? But now, it’s not? We are suppose to ignore reports from around the world of an effective treatment for the virus and deprive our own citizens of this treatment due to the CDC?

We are suppose to ignore that the CDC is nothing more than a subdivision of the DNC staffed with political activists who will KILL anyone to regain power?

I’m tired of the lies and the real criminals getting a free ride. while the rest of us suffer. JMHO

• SanJac says:

It’s an OP from the start. There is no way on GODS green earth you can release something at ground zero in China and it spread to every corner of the earth in less than 3 weeks.

• III% says:

Technically you are incorrect since we DO have air travel available, and almost no one shut down travel. On the other hand, reports were coming out in mid-November about an outbreak in China (some have posited even earlier than that), so I have no idea where your three week window comes from?

• mayflowerchild says:

The proof that this is a hyped hoax – it’s just fine for BLM to protest but you can’t go to church. Such a lie.

• Irisheyes says:

Church-goers tend to be conservative. They don’t want us being able to talk face-to-face to organize our resistance. At the very least they want us on electronic communication of some sort so they can track and record our conversations. They are terrified of us.

If this isn’t stopped in some way, just watch – they’ll eventually use their fantasy unicorn “tracking” of people who happend to be in the general vicinity of someone supposedly with Covid, to excuse locking down (read “imprisoning”) only conservatives. And we won’t be able to stop it, or prove the “trackers” are wrong. They want total control.

• steph_gray says:

You mentioned lying about the weather…makes me think…

I have noticed something subtlely different this year in my local weather reports in blue MA. Yes it’s a hot humid mostly dry summer and yes, thunderstorms are frequent. We all know this – it happens every year.

But I’ve never before noticed thunderstorms forecast _every single freakin day_. The percentage chance is always shown as 51%. And they only actually happen with pretty normal regularity – maybe 1 or 2 a week, sometimes none. The forecasts seem to be getting less accurate.

Today the forecast (AccuWeather) was even weirder than usual. Instead of showing actual rain, it showed a gray circle saying “Rain _may_ form in the next 10 minutes.” (It didn’t.)

_May_ form?

It’s almost as if the order has gone out to discourage people from going outside or gathering in groups outside…

…Nah… that couldn’t be… Could it?

#fakeweather

10. WeThePeople2016 says:

• GB Bari says:

Newsom will back down ONLY if and when the majority people of that state rebel en masse against his tyranny and threaten real damage to him and his cronies..

11. FreyFelipe says:

“It sure seems this COVID economic battle is more psychological than anything else. The media is pushing the fear narrative hard… very hard.”

So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is – fear itself – unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance.
    – FDR

12. Robert Smith says:

Out and about, all I can say if economic activity is getting close to normal levels even with all these restrictions. What is still missing is opportunity to spend money in leisure pursuits. The more you suppress it though the more people are going to spend that money they were forced to save.

People are going to flip-out if a lock down happens again.

• steph_gray says:

Yes – even in blue MA this weekend everywhere possible that people could go, they were going. Very busy. We were out in the exurbs again, and we passed Home Depot by, because the parking lot was a zoo.

We visited our first mall since COVID-1984 started – it’s one that was already in trouble before – and it looked to be headed for closure – about half the shops shuttered. Very sad.

Well, except for Macy’s. That didn’t make me sad at all – they refused to carry the Trump family’s merchandise. Karma.

13. SanJac says:

The teachers and teachers union and politicians are all for the schools staying closed. Now the teachers and their Communist (Red for Ed) union want charter schools closed before they agree to open.

• Robert Smith says:

It’s amazing they feel comfortable enough to make clear their use of CV-19 to further anything other than children’s education.

• vikingmom says:

The good will that people felt toward teachers in the spring is evaporating VERY quickly as more and more parents are seeing significant issues with their kids emotional health the longer these lock downs go on…and they are also sick and tired of being asked to be their child’s primary teacher along with being expected to manage their own job from home.If parents start seeing this as political grandstanding by teachers looking for MORE money, it could backfire in a very big way!

As a taxpayer, who is retired and living on a fixed income, I am NOT going to be happy if the state decides that raising my property taxes is the way out of the mess that THEY have created! We need to get some class action lawsuits going against school districts that do not fully reopen in the fall!

14. Sundance is right- this phony Covid Crisis is the Dem’s last card to play.
    Killer Cuomo just put out the guidelines for school reopening.
    They will be impossible to follow and the data will be manipulated so the schools won’t fully reopen.
    All of of this is to keep crashing the economy, make people miserable and open the way for MASSIVE VOTER FRAUD VIA MAIL IN/ ABSENTEE BALLOTS.

Any and all mail in ballots, including Absentee, are easily manipulated. Look at what just happened in NY with mandatory mail in ballots for state-wide school budget votes. A total disaster.

• Super elite covfefe999 loves her President! says:

I think you are correct. This is all to push voting-by-mail-for-all. The easiest way for them to cheat.

Trump is a bigger threat to the status quo crook politicians and lobbyists than I ever could have imagined!

15. dawg says:

“Masking, distancing, personal hygiene, and testing. We can figure this out…”

What in God’s name is Kudlow talking about? Theres nothing to figure out!

HEALTHY KIDS DONT GET SICK FROM WUFLU. AT ALL!

Doesnt anyone in the administration get it yet? The WUHOAX is Insurance Policy 3.0!

This covid battle is the battle Trump’s enemies are waging in order to steal the election. HELLOOOOOO?????

What is all this talk about throwing money and stimulus at it???? ITS INSANE!

How about we fight the fear by informing the public the truth about the virus?

• FreyFelipe says:

““Masking, distancing, personal hygiene, and testing. We can figure this out…”

What in God’s name is Kudlow talking about? “

Oh, that’s easy.

Surrender on the installment plan.

• dawg says:

My point is he thinks there’s a problem that needs to be “figured out”.
        There isnt.

• FreyFelipe says:

I know that was your point and I agree, hence I say he is surrendering on the installment plan – masking installment, distancing installment, personal hygiene installment, testing installment … … … and any more installments the shutdowners can come up with.

• FreyFelipe says:

“For God’s sake why do we keep fighting THEIR battle??? Why do we keep taking the bait again and again and again and again and again?

Kudlow is “concerned” about rising cases??? Well then HES AN IDIOT because he does not see what is going on.”

If you aren’t destroying your enemies, it’s because you have been conquered and assimilated, you do not even have an idea of who your enemies are. You have been brainwashed into believing you are your own enemy, and you are set against yourself. The enemy is laughing at you as you tear yourself to pieces. That is the most effective warfare an enemy can launch on his foes: confounding them.
      – Bangambiki Habyarimana

• Super elite covfefe999 loves her President! says:

Doesnt anyone in the administration get it yet?

They totally get it.

Trump needs to win the 2020 election. That’s our #1 goal right now. A close second, rip the House majority away from the Dems and keep the Senate majority. Then we’ll see things get straightened out VERY quickly.

• dawg says:

Trump wins a landslide in a fair election. He was sailing to reelection before the WUHOAX. Coronavirus was designed for the sole purpose of enabling a way for the Dems to STEAL the election. Destroy the irrational fear of the coronavirus and you sail to a landslide. You dont get it either.

• LookUp says:

I stopped wearing the mask in April. I gave up on waiting for my fellow American citizen to figure it out. Enough words have been written and even more have been spoken. I tell everyone who demands to know where my mask is that I will not be wearing it for the remainder of my life no matter how short it is. I am not afraid. It’s a flu. Period. If it exists at all. I don’t believe it does. I don’t believe the truth can be uttered by a politician. I’m not playing the game.

• YeahYouRight says:

Wrong. It’s a cold. Notice that they keep adding random “symptoms” like runny nose or sneezing? Allergies?

Trump must get other experts to EDUCATE us on this thing. A shaded map with hotspots (southern border counties/ northern mexico), and explain that we rushed an imperfect test out too soon. It’s not specific enough, shows positive for pieces of strands of the virus RNA, and inactive virus from previous infection, etc. How about explaining why we do not randomly test people for things unless they are sick and need diagnosis and treatment?

If he educates the public, some of fhem can calm down. I’m tired of seeing idiots driving alone wearing a mask. It offends me. And if shopping is available, school should be. Protect only the vulnerable.

Then, use carrot and stick to incentivize commerce and school/penalize interference with interstate commerce and withholding of special education and mental health services that must accompany these shutdowns.

He usually fights smarter, but he’s too passive on this and on this BLM hoax. Is this Mark Meadows who has Trump tied up a d gagged, not taking clever action anymore?

16. dawg says:

The fact that PT retweeted this from Woolery is one of the few things that is giving me any hope….

• lawgiver says:

Well if he sits back and plays ‘not my problem’ for the next 4 months while the dems grind us into dust, its over.

• Sally Hugher says:

He needs to send out some more stimulus checks and make them bigger. The Democrat run States are not paying out the Unemployment, or they are making it really hard to get if you have no job, or income because of these shutdowns. People are getting poorer thanks to the Democrat controlled house bill that handed the Unemployment and Pandemic funds over to their cronies in the States.

• Sally Hugher says:

We must survive this low…. in our country and come out stronger. We must shine a light on whom the real enemies are and cleanse this land of them. They are the ones holding us, our children, and our grandchildren, etc. hostage, economically, Financially… and morally. We must rise above these people and hope they get locked up, etc. for a long time. We cannot afford to have the enemies within our gates, and our Govt’ bodies, spreading their lies and disinformation campaigns to hurt our own people, and our Great Country. May God bring us Together…. and remove the Traitors. We must win this War. God Bless our Country, our Great President and his Team members that are loyal to our Great USA. We will Prevail.

• Sally Hugher says:

We must survive this low…. in our country and come out stronger. We must shine a light on whom the really enemies are. They are the ones holding us hostage, economically, Financially… and morally. We must rise above these people and I hope they get locked up for a long time. We cannot afford to have the enemies within our gates, and our Govt’ bodies, spreading lies and disinformation campaigns to hurt our own people, and our Great Country. May God bring us Together…. and remove the Traitors. We must win this War. God Bless our Country, our Great President and his Team members that are loyal to our Great USA.

17. Dwayne Diesel says:

So in CT, the Governor (Lamont) is working with NY’s Cuomo to force citizens to show papers when they travel now.

Hmmm, 1938 is now upon us…

I’ve had enough….

18. Buddy Strickland says:

Why not move to Oklahoma. All of our 77 counties voted for Trump in the last election. Our Indians are now driving pickups and have hung up their bows and arrows. I have never personally seen a tornado on the group with my own eyes and i have chased them at times. Easy life style.

19. Baby Hurley says:

Hey Larry, great job and by the way, green is your color! 🍀💵 🍀

20. Skidroe says:

Cal- Joe, I get really tired of people down grading our GREAT President. Do you think he is doing nothing? Do you think he does not care. He is a one man team! Only so much one person can do in the 20 hrs a day he works. He takes NO pay. Doesn’t need to try and save America. Is he perfect NO. Do I agree with every thing he says or does NO but at least he is fighting. I wish more would. Funny, I never see D-RATS go against their own no matter how crazy they get. Everyone is entitled to their own Opinion but sometimes it is better to keep it to yourself. We don’t need to eat our own.

• lolli says:

🇺🇸Trump 2020 🇺🇸

• California Joe says:

Look at the CDC chart I posted below. Deaths have plunged from 16,000 a week to 137 last week yet Fauci is on CNN and CNBC almost every day telling Americans that we’re all going to die. Why isn’t Pence doing a press conference to counter Fauci with the same data that’s on the CDC Website? Why hasn’t President Trump put a gag in Fauci’s mouth? It’s easy to expose Fauci as an idiot because he’s contradicted himself a hundred times already. Wake up in the White House! Somebody has to fight back?

• YeahYouRight says:

Cal Joe, Skidroe, You are both right! I just posted about this upthread a little. I feel like POTUS used to outfox guys like Fauxi, but now he’s passively allowing this nonsense. This is an information game. It’s time to educate the American people. Directly.

Honestly, a little more time talking directly to the people rather than only focusing on macroeconomics would go a long way. The fate of our great country depends on it!

• steph_gray says:

I presume you have sent this to the White House comment website directly?

• I don’t understand it either. Does Trump not understand what is going on? The states are making money off of Covid cases. What does NC gov care about GOP convention? That money would go to small businesses…this money goes into his pocket. Pray tell, where else is it going? No one in NC is benefiting from his money grab…why does Trump not understand this as well as shutting Fauci up and charging him with the Hatch Act. When does he appear on Fox?

21. plane of the ecliptic says:

Man I don’t know about this School Initiative. The Schools are nothing but indoctrination camps anyway, maybe kids are better off not going back.
    Also, all the Trump Administration needs to do to get the Lib School Districts to open is preach home schooling 24/7 ! Those schools will open so fast our heads will spin!

• Michelle says:

Exactly. Also, that if schools are not open, the state cannot mandate vaccines. The schools would open in an instant.

• Gigi the Old says:

Really. Go homeschooling! It is great. I started homeschooling my 1st grand child when I was 70. He wanted me to. I was pretty unsure but met with encouraging Moms and decided I would try for 1 year. We went from 7th grade till HS graduation. I loved it and learned a lot. He did very well. (You can have your child tested to reassure yourself he is really learning. You will be surprised how much better he scores than his school counterparts!).
      Graduated as Eagle Scout at the same time. Bible College with BA & Master. Employed right away. Married at 22, Home owner at 23. Conservative, morally upright happy couple.

The homeschooling curriculums make things easy. Follow the lessons, the instructions, the tests and gradings. It really is all done for you.
      Another advantage is the flexibility & no time lost on social indoctrination, so there is time for a youngster to work and to start attending Junior College at 14 1/2 and accumulate transferable college credits.

My other 4 grandchildren are homeschooled by their Mom. That is like teaching 4 different grades being they are 2 years apart. The 2 older ones also started working and attending JC classes. They never set a foot in a public school and have plenty of social activities with other homeschooling families. And all of that in the liberal Ca Bay Area.

We are not rich. They live on one salary, but a capable homemaker Mom can make the dollar go a long way adding growing a garden, canning food and cooking nutritious inexpensive meals. She literally loves her homemaker lifestyle with all of its business.

It can be done!

22. Winston says:

US Rejects Chinese Claim To South China Sea In Major Reversal Of Obama-Era Appeasement
    13 Jul 2020

23. California Joe says:

CDC: Updated July 13, 2020
    Week ending date in which the death occurred. All Deaths involving COVID-19 (U07.1)
    Total Deaths 120,350
    6/6/2020 4,596
    6/13/2020 3,640
    6/20/2020 2,733
    6/27/2020 1,363
    7/4/2020 469
    7/11/2020 137

Deaths have PLUNGED! Plus look at the heading: Deaths INVOLVING COVID-19! What kind of fraud are we dealing with? Does President Trump get this information from Pence? Somebody is asleep at the switch!

• steph_gray says:

Thanks – that’s a great list.

• swissik says:

I realize that I keep repeating myself, but I honestly believe that the president is listening to the wrong people. He needs to free himself from those who give him poor advice. I don’t know who it is, but I know in my bones that they are there.

24. DWC says:

It’s no suprise that the Democrats and MSM are in complete deflection mode when it comes to coronavirus. All we constantly hear from the MSM are questions about hand wringing concerns regarding the increased number of cases constantly being directed at POTUS Trump and Kayleigh McEnany. That said, it’s getting frustrating that no one is directly answering back that it’s not the number of cases that are of concern but the number of deaths with respect to the number of confirmed cases and the resulting mortality rate. Given that the number of total cases, as a result of increased testing, and likewise deaths have increased, the mortality rate has remained low/the same and the number of deaths keeps dropping on a daily basis. Therefore, all the media doom and gloom manufactured optics doesn’t reflect reality and is actually politically driven because the Democrats and their enablers, the media, have nothing to remotely challenge and prevent POTUS Trump from being elected to a second term and regaining the majority in the House and Senate.

25. Robert Smith says:

What if Trump- deVos comes out with federal guidelines incentivizing specific forms of online, charter and homeschooling?

26. Tyshab says:

Throwing everything inc kitchen sink at President Trump did not work. Now they are throwing everything including kitchen sink at us. Must be very, very afraid, or very sure their time to rule has come. There is no walking this back.
    All of us who value liberty MUST FIGHT BACK NOW. IF WE DEFY EN MASSE WHAT CAN THEY DO? The times call for mass disobedience because there is no equal justice under the law. At this point, dying on our feet is preferable to the death of our country. Others will become braver as the numbers who defy increase. Forget the keyboards. Gather, organize and show up in person at every statehouse, every politicians office, every street corner. Visible.

• Searkreb says:

We have to move on from this COVID madness!
      Travelled to Beaumont, Tx today from Arkansas and 80% Of the people in that area are wearing masks. I thought Texas one of the last vestiges of freedom and independence of thought.

I did encounter one young lady who announced “they can kiss my a$$” as she went into a gas station with no mask.

Needless to say I was quite disappointed.

27. Paul Hanlon says:

Treepers, hold the line.

What you are seeing is a reaction by people who don’t want to see President Trump re-elected, to the amazing employment figures that we’ve seen the last two months. They have a visceral hatred for anyone, not just PDJT, who rises above the parapet, or strives to make something of themselves. Here in Ireland, we call it Tall Poppy Syndrome, or just plain begrudgery. Lots and lots of it over here.

You’ve got to rise above it, and stop allowing yourselves to be sucked in to their agenda, as hard as that might be. You’re hitting “peak alarm” for this cycle, but very soon that will subside. It will keep coming back in other cycles, but each time with diminishing returns. How many people now yawn any time they hear about Russia, Russia, Russia?

You’re now at 40,000,000 tests, most of which would be people who were most vulnerable, and most alarmed. Just like the mortality rate going down, the number of positive tests are also going to go down vis a vis the number of tests done. You’ve also now got a reasonably cheap number of “cures” in HCQ/ Zinc, and the asthma inhaler (Can’t remember it’s name right now).

And there is still nearly four months to the election. By that time, 10million more people will be back to employment, at least another 100 miles of Wall built. If it looks like PDJT is going to get re-elected (even if the “polls” say he is going to lose), the DOW will be at or around 30,000.

All you’ve got to do is hold the line, push back (peacefully), and make sure to get out and vote.
    If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you

Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
    And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!
    Rudyard Kipling “If”.

28. montanamel says:

There needs to be some “hard lines drawn” by WE THE PEOPLE…

ie: Ask me for my “papers” about CV19 testing and you’ll be getting 2 center of mass at once!

Get in my face, or that of my wife, about mask wearing and you’ll get 2 center of mass soonest!

As for some “teacher” saying “close a specific school or I’m not coming back to work”….
    One in each kneecap…. AND, tell the Govt that no taxes will be paid until schools are OPEN…

As for those BLM/Antifa dweebs…. no time is worth wasting…2 rds each soonest…large cal.

AND…will the last American to leave Cali please turn out the lights…. I forgot and left them on in 1998….my bad.