Comrade citizens, those who travel in the Northeast zone should beware, Minister Cuomo is going all-in with the COVID compliance mandates.  All travelers into New York from “high-COVID” states, must provide their papers upon arrival or face a summons and $2,000 fine.

(Source)

This entry was posted in Big Stupid Government, CDC, Coronavirus, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, media bias, New York, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

423 Responses to Comrade Cuomo Announces Visitors into New York Must Show Papers and Register With State or Face $2,000 Fine..

1. MTeresa says:

But we’re letting hardened criminals out of prison……………..because of covid. You can’t make this up.

2. mallardcove says:

Hawaii too. Just had to cancel my trip to Hawaii ive had planned since January. Was able to get my hotel and flight refunded, but I am out $425 on the Jeep I had rented for the week. $425 down the drain over this COVID scam.

• Ordinaryman says:

Contest the charge with your credit card company.

• WhiteBoard says:

go to the Ozarks instead

• grandmotherpatriot says:

I just returned from Shawnee National Park and Giant City State Park. It’s a different world down there as everyone is out and enjoying life. No one is paranoid , no one believes in the Plandemic. I had a great time ! Ziplined , Hiked and camped !

• Melanie says:

I have a retired friend who lives in Hawaii. Everyday she is harping on Facebook for tourists to NOT come there. Their Covid numbers are minimal. It is like she wants to keep all the Islands there to herself. I feel for Hawaii’s tourist industry.
      When pressed the question she responds ….”it is better that we Hawaiians remain safe.” Her little safe Kingdom. By the way she is a transplanted Howie.
      Sorry about your lost Jeep Rental….

3. Clownworld. Good thing he has already killed all the old folks in the nursing homes.

4. MaryfromMarin says:

Thereby shooting the domestic tourist industry in the head. What a fabulous idea.

And where will they suggest persistent visitors quarantine themselves? In nursing homes, maybe?

• Caius Lowell says:

Fewer productive, intelligent, and rule-following Americans — more parasitic, moronic, and criminal Democrats…

• jeans2nd says:

Not to mention the domestic trucking industry.
      Wonder what the Teamsters have to say about this.
      No doubt Cuomo took care of the Union bigwigs before issuing these orders.

• Robert Smith says:

Lots of people do the NY-FL residence thingy.

• YeahYouRight says:

There are no tourists coming to NY! My husband bought a $25 r/t plane ticket for Sept to visit for dad’s 90th.

He’ll just throw it away if this BS is still going on.

• Robert Smith says:

lol

$25???

• Beverly says:

yeah, but it’s not going to be real funny when the ENTIRE AIRLINE INDUSTRY is destroyed by these ghouls.

We will want to fly again, and there will be no planes.

• Robert Smith says:

I know we need the airline industry, but wow!

$25 r/t! I can’t even imagine the money they are burning through to get down to that price.

Oh, you would be out of your mind to go to Manhattan right now. To see what? Do what? Stay where? Get robbed and beaten when?

• My daughter wants to take her kids to FL for a mini-vacation, and researched the airfare prices. Round Trip (I think she said Spirit Airlines) was $25 per person. I’m pretty sure that those ticket prices would amount to a LO$$ for the airline, even with a FULL cabin. So, I’m guessing that they’re getting some sort of govt subsidy based on how many flights they make.

• Robert Smith says:

Realistically, they’re burning cash even if they don’t fly. Some flights have to happen or they lose Hub space, according to one example I read in an article a couple months earlier.

5. delighteddeplorable says:

Comrades Cuomo and Newscum are really on a roll today. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

6. dianeax says:

Ummm, why would anyone WANT to visit NY?

• rvsueandcrew says:

One reason is to visit the gorgeous lakes and mountains in upstate NY. Another reason is to drive to one of the states on the other side of New York state.

• dianeax says:

I should have been more specific…NYC.

• rvsueandcrew says:

I suspected that’s what you meant, dianeax. I lived the first 25 years of my life in northern New York state. It was quite common for people, especially those from other states, to assign to the entire state the faults of NYC.

New York state is a wonderful place to visit (pre-Cuomo, of course). Besides its beauty (including the vivid colors of fall foliage and picturesque villages with their white steeple churches) the state is rich with historical sights.

• George Hicks says:

I live just outside of NYC and haven’t been there in many years. Why would I bother to go to a sh^t hole?

• Lady in Red says:

Well, I have lived in NYC for years. It was always my dream. I’ve always liked cities. I prefer urban vacations to the beach variety. Lots of food variety at all hours, museums, shopping, and all day walks around the city with endless sights, smells and sounds. My dog loves the parks. I love trying different pizzas every weekend and walking to several different markets to collect my groceries because each specializes in something different. That said, I bailed on NYC 2+ months ago, it was just so oppressive and I knew it would only get worse as the summer heat set in. I still don’t know when I will go back. We are considering selling our condo there, which has now taken a dive in value. I am really sad and angry. Not everyone in NYC is a crazy commie. But I do understand your feelings, because at this very time I feel the same way. I can’t envision myself returning any time soon. It’s infuriating, it’s like they won and pushed me out.

• margarite1 says:

The governor said I’m not welcome there because I’m not for killing babies. Fine with me.
            I had fun there in the past but not as much fun as I had in Europe, South America , Canada, Africa…or other US cities. I was always a bit on guard in NY.

• James says:

Lady In Red,are you not in the bay area now, Ca that is.

• Beverly says:

Lady in Red, I feel exactly the same way! I moved here in the early 80’s because it was always my dream, too; loved so many things about it, the same as you.

Now, I feel a lot like a Jew in Germany, circa 1933: the concentration camps aren’t set up [yet], but the evil thug governor has already declared we are not welcome here; my company is demanding that we donate to Burn/Loot/Murder and denounce our own race and religion (Christian); all the cool shops have been killed off; it’s far too dangerous to venture out after dark.

Now I’m also trying to get my job and finances sorted to move out: hopefully before Nov. 3rd.

God bless and keep Donald Trump safe, and wise him up to how Jared is sapping his strength and clouding his vision! Send him allies, Lord, and inspire all of us good citizens to get off our butts and VOTE, including in the enemy states — gotta win that popular vote this time, folks, and we can totally do it: only half of us came out to vote last time, so we could stomp those damn Leftwingers into a MUD HOLE.

• Not worth it; been there, done that.

• ATheoK says:

???
        Massachusetts?
        Connecticut?
        Rhode Island?
        New Hampshire?

Even Vermont and Maine have had their legislators/legislation corrupted by blue state expatriates voting all democrat tickets ‘for the betterment of the conservative states’.

• wendy forward says:

Upstate NYS is glorious.

• Super elite covfefe999 loves her President! says:

I love NYC. I usually go there once or twice each year for concerts and just wandering around. I’m not going at all this year thanks to Dem stupidity and also Lincoln Center is shut down til Jan 2021.

• George Hicks says:

Do yourself a favor and don’t go back, remember the times you had there.
        Trust me, even the people who live in Manhattan, can’t believe what has happened to their neighborhoods.
        All the great stores and tourist attractions are wrapped in plywood and covered in graffiti.
        An out of control homeless population accosting people for handouts. A crime rate quickly becoming and about to surpass Chicago.
        Last year Cuomo won the award for governor of the state with the most number of people leaving, this year he will be a shoe-in to win the award again.
        He’s been referred to as U-Haul’s greatest salesman!

• Seneca the Elder says:

George- agree with your post, and I am a native New Yorker.
          Up till March I had been going down to Manhattan at least once a week on business, haven’t been down since and now do it all online with most of my vendors.
          The scaffolding on every building has made Manhattan into a third world shantytown.
          Now the windows are boarded up too.
          The City is not coming back anytime soon.

• Beverly says:

Yep, it’s grim. And the Leftoids are determined to keep the entire city and state locked down and under house arrest — they get a real carnal thrill out of it, the sadists.

• TheWanderingStar says:

I’m sure there has to be a few red counties? Surely.

• George Hicks says:

On Long Island, Nassau County is Republican, Suffolk is pretty much split. Most of the upstate counties are red, but NYC is solidly blue (except for Staten Island) and that is where the bulk of the population resides.

• Niagara Frontier says:

More than a few. From the 2016 Presidential election:

• amwick says:

We have driven up two days to meet my husband’s family. He would like to have a small memorial for his ex, F died in Suffolk County nursing home. Tomorrow we cross into hostile territory. I will not register. Nope will not.

7. burnett044 says:

Fear..it`s a hell of a drug.

• MTeresa says:

I’m shocked at the 20 somethings. They are absolutely PARALYZED with fear. Honestly, it’s remarkable that our nation has survived 244 years………….

• Joyce M says:

Yes, the 20 somethings have been coddled, bubble-wrapped and given trophy’s for showing up…they can’t handle anything that doesn’t cater to them…

• Compulsory military service for two years for males, females and switch hitters should solve their “issues” with the world..

• livefreeordieguy says:

I have four 20-somethings and none of them are paralyzed with fear or anything else — and they can handle plenty. All working and/or going to school. My oldest works at the best hospital in Boston where she contracted the virus treating patients — down for 5 weeks on the heels of running the LA Marathon. Never whined once. My kids and many of their friends are bright, tough, assertive and highly self-sufficient. Not bragging or scolding, just respectfully suggesting that generalizing is almost never a good idea. I don’t mean to be a raw nerve but I feel like many very good kids get a bad rap and, while there may be too many who fit your description, the broad brush is far from fair or accurate.

• Good for you. The results of good parenting are good children! Congrats!

• livefreeordieguy says:

Thank you… It’s better to be lucky than good 😊… Honestly not bragging (anyways who would know?), just trying to be fair… There really are a lot of great kids out there and they are our future so we need to encourage them!

• MGBSE says:

Congratulations – you are dong a wonderful job raising productive children … but … the “broad brush” DOES apply … New England is being destroyed by democrats.

• livefreeordieguy says:

Well I certainly wouldn’t argue that Democrats are doing a very good job destroying New England… I am living it….. But my ‘broad brush’ comment was responding to the remarks that disparaged all 20-somethings… I know too many rock-solid kids in that age group to accept that generalization…

• MTeresa says:

I get it……….and you’re right that it’s not cool to generalize. I guess it’s just discouraging when you have a family member who was raised the same way. But because of who they are surrounded by, they unfortunately have been highly influenced by FEAR. It’s irrational. I guess I was just lashing out at that…………….mia culpa.

• RobInPA says:

Not sure if the meme is going to post –

cid:E6A5D1A0-4F86-495F-8167-92296C4C2222

• Robert Smith says:

Yeah, this is what happens when they spend a lot of their life online and in schools where they was always great deference to their feelings.

8. Кomrade Яetslag says:

Comrade Cuomo is determined to protect the New York Soviet! /s

• Dutchman says:

He’s suffocating the baby, to protect it from getting a disease it MIGHT get.
      His justification?
      Buh, buh the disease is FATAL!

Its like these govenors are having a contest,…or maybe they have a bet;

“I bet MY constituents will accept more outrageous edicts than YOURS will!”

“Oh, Yeah!,….You’re ON!”

Or perhaps it is “I bet I can trash my States economy, faster and deeper than YOU can!”

Perhaps the original lockdown, was like a ‘stress test’ for State, and large municipal governments, especially those already hit hard by end of Salt?

Like the way some large companies went bankrupt, very early in the 2008 meltdown, cause they were already functionally bankrupt, and only staying afloat due to easy borrowing.

These State and Municipal governments are ALREADY bankrupt, due to SALT and first lockdown, so they figure their only shot is to trash their economy, in order to trash the National economy, so Biden will win, and give them huge federal bailouts?

Just trying to make sense of the nonsensical,…

• Robert Smith says:

They want to hurt Trump and affect the election, but I think you mentioned their motive – bailouts.

• Dutchman says:

Yeah, they want to somehow suppress his phenominal economy that he created.

And, they want to either force a bailout, from him or expect one from Bitem.

Its hard to discern the motives of an enemy that is both ruthless and crazy.

9. Ausonius says:

Another unconstitutional ukase from a wannabe Stalin: where are the federal authorities to cancel such nonsense! He is trying to control interstate commerce.

Basic constitutional law says no no no!

Perhaps South Carolina should re-institute Slavery by executive order. Also unconstitutional, but who cares, right? It’s an obsolete piece of paper written by evil white men!

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“Basic constitutional law says no no no!”

It seems most of the FBI & DOJ voted for HRC, so they do not care.

• Dutchman says:

Ausonious;
      He isn’t saying they can’t come into the State, which WOULD be restricting interstate commerce.
      He’s just saying they have to “provide contact information”, which I suspect IS Constitutional.

Actually, I THINK he could even restrict ENTRY, if he chose to do so. Would be aquward, argueing FOR “strong STATE borders, cause we have a right to detirmine WHO comes into our State” while simultaneously arguing for open National borders,….but then Dem libtards, dey got NO problem with Hypocrisy!

Are they once again, attempting to GOAD PDJT into responding? If he DOES, they call him a Tyrant, if he doesn’t, he appears “weak”.

That seems to be their strategy. Don’t fall for it, cause ultimately it is been US they have been ‘aiming at’, all along.

Stay strong, ignore the provocation and DO NOT become disheartened.

• andrewalinxs says:

No it is not.

If he wants the Information of a resident of another State they can ether volunteer it or would have to contact the State Attorney of the respective state the Resident resides in.

Or issue a formal subpoena.

Applying a fine for refusal to give information just because they entered the state is unconstitutional and violates due process and places a burden and potential article 4 violation of the Constitution.

• Dutchman says:

Yeah, your probably right. Sometimes, when I used to travel from Calif. to Az., they had a checkpoint, stopping all vehicles entering Az.

They would ask us if we had any fruits or veggies. We say no, they say thank you. Thats it.

Probably UnConstitutional, too.

• andrewalinxs says:

No it is not.

Or issue a formal subpoena.

10. WSB says:

Does this mean we will now be starved to death?

• Sherri Young says:

Get out of there. Even if the shelves fill up, those pols up there will tax away all of your lunch money.

• WSB says:

After being in a house for 20 years, that is a bit more difficult done then said, especially with business licences in the state.

Very little choice when your office is only licenced in NY and Florida! Aging parents in VA!!!!

It is gonna take a bit of maneuvering.

11. TEWS_Pilot says:

Someone needs to sue him for violating the Interstate Commerce Clause.

• Bigbadmike says:

PA tried this crap early in the Pandemic by closing rest areas to truckers and the truckers stopped taking freight that went through PA. Then their Marxist Goobner backed down and opened up the Rest Areas. No out of State trucker is going to haul freight into Communist Wu York State. Cuomo will soon back off.

12. MACAULAY says:

So, I can’t get in Venezuela, China, Cuba…and now New York.

Boo Hoo.

13. XO says:

Are the BLM protestors exempt?

• Michael Fox says:

XO, Yes BLM protestors ARE exempt.

From showing their papers, showing their faces, showing their humanity and apparently showing their immune systems.

In the past week or so, many public health officials across the nation have had the gall to pronounce that there have been NO CASES of covid19 transmitted due to the tens of thousands of “protestors” during the month long mayhem.

ZERO NADA ZILCH !!!

And I can’t sing in church. Yeah, riiiiiigghhht!

14. icthematrix says:

Rational precautions should be the norm. Remember when Cuomo had a duck fit when Florida stopped cars on I-95 to get New Yorkers to self quarantine? Pure payback while finding just another means to hold back the economy.

Leftists say masks should be worn when indoors/can’t distance. So Disney World opens and requires masks everywhere. Leftists having duck fits over that. I thought masks worked?

Frankly the President should turn the tables on them all. Come out and say “we want you to wear a mask when you are at public indoor facilities and cannot social distance…now open everything up and get back to work!”

• littleanniesfannie says:

NoMo Cuomo obviously has memory issues (and it is surely genetic since his tv blabbering brother suffers the same disease). When it comes to the EO that HE signed, his memory has gone totally deBlabbio (empty between the ears). He had his panties in a real twist when DeSantis recommended isolating visitors from CoVid pandemic states.
      Give him credit. $2000 to go to a riot torn H-E-double hockey sticks hole? Why don’t you build a wall? Maybe wall off NY and NJand all states to the north; Illinois, up to Michigan and Minnesota as another section and the left coast as a 3rd. Give them their independence (well, give us our independence from them)!! Without those depositories of corruption, we can have a great country again. Freedom loving, capitalistic country!

15. jimrockfish says:

I thought AG Barr was going to step in and sue over some of these flagrant unconstitutional mandates. I’m sure he said the constitution isn’t suspended during a pandemic or something like that.

Probably too busy with spygate indictments /s

16. Orange Man Good says:

As long as it is ok for the 500,000 to leave, who cares about the 12 that want to come in?

17. TradeBait says:

The last time I was in NYC was in 2007. Let me rephrase that. The last time I will ever be in NYC was in 2007.

C’mon NY’ers. Suck it up and go after this guy. He’s yours.

18. Julia Adams says:

I cannot for the life of me understand how this aggressive stance is legal or constitutional. It is very heavy handed. Someone needs to challenge Cuomo in the courts.

19. John m says:

Can’t believe he actually tweeted that. So illegal. So totalitarian.

20. Ozark says:

How is this even legal and how come this isn’t being challenged in court?

21. cheering4america says:

This is ironic: At one point The State of Florida was trying to prevent travelers FROM NY.

22. Gort says:

Andrew Cuomo is a thug.

23. suebobtexas says:

I have absolutely no desire to ever go to New York again. I also avoid California.

24. citizen817 says:

Just following his father’s German roots, I presume.

25. Lulu says:

The easy response is to never set foot in NY again for any reason and to try to boycott any business based in NY.

The long-term answer is splitting the country into two or more countries and disallowing all immigration in the sane country.

26. Gregory E says:

JIm, The Last Refuge is where I saw the video we were speaking of when the press secretary spoke today. Not this particular email. One opens the blue “Comrade Cuomo … and the information and any videos are shown. If interested in getting this email do a search of the following: https://theconservativetreehouse .com The Last Refuge https://theconservativetreehouse.com During last night’s open monologue Fox News host Tucker Carlson took on the attacks from the far-left and specifically Democrat Senator Tammy Duckworth. … The Last Refuge Blog at WordPress.com. >

27. Michael Fox says:

Isn’t New York a high-COVID state? Maybe it should be the other way around and you have to show papers to LEAVE New York!

Kinda like the old Kurt Russell movie…

I might be mistaken though. Maybe New York is just HIGH !!!

Of course, who am I to judge. I live in California, though I escaped from Los Angeles fifty years ago.

• littleanniesfannie says:

Actually, in terms of active cases, New York is third behind California and Florida. In terms of deaths, New York has almost 3 times as many deaths as California and Florida combined!! Kwo-mo has only himself for that cruel EO and sending body bags to nursing homes with patients. He’s in denial because he’s a compulsive liar (a family trait)!

• Michael Fox says:

Fannie, bare in mind (feeble attempt at humor, sorry) it’s been recently revealed that many states are adding to the current active cases all the people who have tested positive for the antibodies for covid19, REGARDLESS of these folks being ASYMPTOMATIC and NEVER KNOWING they had the KUNG FLU because they NEVER FELT SICK.

Thus, TEST, TEST, TEST so we can jack up the numbers…

Also, I wouldn’t normally judge others comments but, isn’t that kinda insulting to compulsive liars? At least compulsive liars are consistent in their evil enterprise.

Grovellor Cuomo would astral travel the galaxy to add new wicked whims in his cauldron.

• Robert Smith says:

It’s annoying that the media is braying about the number so cases, but the fatality rate will keep dropping.

• Michael Fox says:

Definitely, Robert. If the numbers I just looked at are even close to correct, then the deaths that the CDC SAYS ARE FROM covid19 have dropped 77% in the last six week period relative to the previous six week period.

We are gettin’ blued, screwed and tattooed!

(I’m not sure if that is a pertinent phrase for this situation. I don’t even know what it means. I’ve just always liked it)

28. JRD says:

Red paint now covers the Marxist BLM street mural on 5th ave in NYC in front of Trump Tower.

• Dutchman says:

So, why aren’t NYPD officers standing around the perimeter, facing out and saying “move on, nothing to see here!”
      while workers paint over that crap, with “Make America Great Again”?

29. Raptors2020 says:

All leftist systems are closed systems.

At the extreme end is the autarky of North Korea, or formerly Albania.

The people’s republic of Alaska will grow bananas in hot houses.

The controlled chaos of free-market capitalism is utterly beyond their ken.

Tourism is most emphatically not compatible with leftism. They hate it.

Those who dissent should pack up and leave. Commissar Cuomo strongly agrees.

• Dictator Cuomo invited all conservatives to leave about 10-15 years ago in his state of state speech…because conservatives believed in their Bibles, guns, pro-life and the constitution..
      It’s true…I know a lot of professionals who packed up in the years following that speech and they are still moving out! LOL!!

• QuiAudetVincit says:

“These extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay… if that’s who they are and they’re the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York, because that’s not who New Yorkers are.”

When people show you who they are… believe them!

30. TEWS_Pilot says:

How much longer will the people allow tyrants to issue unconstitutional edicts without going through their legislatures the way both the U.S. and state constitutions require? Sadly we must constantly sue and rely on a worthless judge to issue an injunction and then hope the edict is voided. This is NOT how the founders designed our system of government.

• Sherri Young says:

Greg Abbott is facing censure by at least for of the county Republican party executive committees for issuing edicts under the disaster declaration rather than following the state constitution and calling the legislature into special session.

31. keeler says:

If the State of New York requires my contact information, that implies it does not have it.

If the State of New York does not have my contact information, how does it propose to fine me if I do not provide it?

Now that seems like a sarcastic question, which it is… but I also suspect the State of New York does have a way of tracking out of state residents and determining whether or not you’ve complied. Might be cell phone location data. Might be traffic cameras. Might be state troopers recording plates from their speedometer blinds. Might be something else.

32. Super elite covfefe999 loves her President! says:

I do find this really fascinating. I think we all agree that the Democrats are deliberately hyping COVID in an attempt to prevent President Trump from being re-elected. And yet the actions the Dem Governors and Mayors are taking might very well be triggering a mass exodus from the party. I walked away for much less! This would have absolutely driven me out. These Dems are PSYCHO. Totally nuts! And I thought cheering a recession (muh recession was as crazy and low as they could go.

Please let Trump win in a total landslide. Please.

• TarsTarkas says:

No, IMO they are trying to make the election so chaotic as justification for removing Trump to end the insanity they are causing. And then escalate because the country is insufficiently grateful for removing the President we elected.

Am not being a downer. I see it as their game plan. Because they know they can’t win the election legitimately, and might not be able to win eve if they pull out the stops on fraud. Chaos resulting in coup is their final backstop.

• doyouseemyvision says:

You could look at it another way. Normal Americans, who are in the majority, are looking at all these despicable decisions by blue governors to fundamentally change the way American citizens live their lives, and do not like it. Many are starting to worry there is no end in sight, only escalation (no school in the fall, defund police, etc).

I don’t see how this cannot blow up in their face at election time. Who the hell is going to vote for this?

I agree with you, they think this is favorable to the Dems, but let’s get real.

• Robert Smith says:

What they are doing is like a drug.

Everybody has to listen to their pathetic @sses. They think they are show leadership skills when it is really autocratic dictates. I’m pretty sure the state legislatures are pissed at being cut out – but, now, they don’t want any part of this horror show.

33. keeler says:

March 31st, 2020:

“In an attempt to stop the spread of coronavirus, Gov. Ron DeSantis issued an executive order last week calling for visitors from New York, New Jersey and Connecticut to self-isolate for 14 days. He then expanded it to include visitors from Louisiana.

But when Rhode Island issued a similar executive order against traveling New Yorkers, *****New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo threatened to sue, saying it was illegal. Cuomo said he would look in to what Florida was doing, according to Politico.******

• texasooz57 says:

Cuomo+dems et al do not believe we the peon-people have the brain cells bandwidth to connect the dots of their apparent hypocrisy, especially in fly-over country where “they” view us as backwards or beneath their arrogant, narcissistic, intellectual, pompous capabilities.

34. Magabear says:

And like dominos they fall in order. First Newsom, now Cuomo. Wonder how long before Wolf, Witmer and the rest of them start dropping the hammer as well.

States effected by this dictate from comrade Cuomo should immediately give reciprocal treatment to anyone from NY entering their state.

35. JL says:

Anyone else remember at the end of March when President Trump suggested quarantining New York? Cuomo and the entire media jumped down his throat as some sort of dictator.

Trump was right.

AGAIN.

36. California Joe says:

Of course, there’s no fine for looting and burning down Macy’s at Herald Square! Mario Cuomo is rolling over in his grave at what his two sons have done to New York and America.

37. As I have been saying since March- things are going to just keep getting worse.
    In case anyone is wondering, our big, Upstate FB group has changed it’s name to “Unmask New York State.”
    Killer Cuomo has pulled out all the stops to destroy what’s left of our economy to somehow use against our President Trump.
    We need help from the President and the Feds. The situation here is completely out of control.

President Trump should declare that the epidemic/ pandemic is officially OVER. Take the wind out of their sails.

• Magabear says:

I completely agree with that last paragraph. In fact, this national emergency should have been ended at least a month ago.

Just as Minneapolis got shut off from getting federal money for allowing their city to be destroyed, so should states with their covid manipulations.

38. JWC says:

So the coasts are determined to hurt Trump by destroying their economies…great opportunity for “fly over” states.

39. Digressive says:

So how many mail-in ballots do you think will they send each person after they register?

40. Val says:

I have to ask, which States are considered “high Covid States”?, and what gives them such status?

• Sentient says:

Not a direct answer to your question, but today’s high covid states are tomorrow’s “how did they miraculously defeat covid?” states.

• Val says:

Yep. That’s what looks like.

Today I heard people saying that “California has to go on lockdown again because «Trump» forced them to open up too soon.

• mayflowerchild says:

It’s 10% or more of tests being positive – averaged over 7 days (rolling). He has TN on the list and they are below 10% – so I don’t know what they’re really doing.

• Val says:

Thank you, mayflowerchild! I didn’t know about the list.
        I’ve been blissfully ignorant about the news lately.

• Beverly says:

Tests being positive = Herd Immunity.

It’s a good thing.

Also, positive tests doesn’t mean most of those people are even sick — Only that they’ve been Exposed and developed antibodies. Again, a good thing.

41. TwoLaine says:

Why not just put out a sign?

New York is CLOSED FOR BUSINESS. We don’t want you here.

42. HB says:

Provide to whom? There won’t be any law enforcement left.

43. Cowboy79 says:

Chief Justice John Marshall explained that one of the powers the state possessed was the power to quarantine in an 1824 case known as Gibbons v. Ogden. These powers are by their nature temporary. They are justified by the extraordinary circumstance of a pandemic, in which a highly communicable and frequently lethal disease can be spread by infected people merely interacting with others. That said, the question is “how long do these temporary powers exist” and “what if the contagion is eternal and there is no cure” and “if the States ignore or refuse to apply curative solutions in a timely manner” do the powers of quarantine exist at all?” Further on, manipulation of medical inquiries and evidence to support a further quarantine against objective evidence to the contrary, may constitute a denial of 4th Amendment rights as well as whatever criminal liabilities might accrue. Serious questions. Be wary and mindful of the answers.

• doyouseemyvision says:

Good but scary comment.

I think these extreme measures and the continued escalation of them (no school in the fall) will be connected to a push to make the vaccine mandatory for all of us, else the masks, social distancing, and life as we once knew it will not return. I do believe they intend to hold us hostage until we succumb.

• Beverly says:

But quarantine only legally applies to sick people, NEVER was applied to the healthy.
      Locking up healthy people is house arrest.
      That’s what’s illegal and insane about this (among other things).

44. Climate Heretic says:

Some information on the ‘freedom of association’ associated with the US constitution.

Regards
    Climate Heretic

• cheering4america says:

Sorry to say, but we lost the right of Freedom of Association with the passage of the 1965 Civil Rights Act, which ushered in vast new, wholly unConstitutional rights for Government and its Bureaucracies (I don’t know how to emphasize on WP, but see where I’ve added asterisks):

“American society today is divided by party and by ideology in a way it has perhaps not been since the Civil War. I have just published a book that, among other things, suggests why this is. It is called The Age of Entitlement: America Since the Sixties. It runs from the assassination of John F. Kennedy to the election of Donald J. Trump. You can get a good idea of the drift of the narrative from its chapter titles: 1963, Race, Sex, War, Debt, Diversity, Winners, and Losers.

But it is a third strand of the story, running all the way down to our day, that is most important for explaining our partisan polarization. It concerns how the civil rights laws of the 1960s, and particularly the Civil Rights Act of 1964, divided the country. They did so by giving birth to what was, in effect, a second constitution, which would eventually cause Americans to peel off into two different and incompatible constitutional cultures. This became obvious only over time. It happened so slowly that many people did not notice.
      ….

I should make crystal clear that my book is not a defense of segregation or Jim Crow, and that when I criticize the long-term effects of the civil rights laws of the 1960s, I do not criticize the principle of equality in general, or the movement for black equality in particular.

***** . What I am talking about are the emergency mechanisms that, in the name of ending segregation, were established under the Civil Rights Act of 1964. These gave Washington the authority to override what Americans had traditionally thought of as their ordinary democratic institutions. It was widely assumed that the emergency mechanisms would be temporary and narrowly focused. But they soon escaped democratic control altogether, and they have now become the most powerful part of our governing system.

How Civil Rights Legislation Worked

There were two noteworthy things about the civil rights legislation of 1964 and 1965.

***** The first was its unprecedented concentration of power. It gave Washington tools it had never before had in peacetime. It created new crimes, outlawing discrimination in almost every walk of public and private life. It revoked—or repealed—the prevailing understanding of freedom of association as protected by the First Amendment. It established agencies to hunt down these new crimes—an expanded Civil Rights Commission, an Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and various offices of civil rights in the different cabinet agencies. It gave government new prerogatives, such as laying out hiring practices for all companies with more than 15 employees, filing lawsuits, conducting investigations, and ordering redress. Above all, it exposed every corner of American social, economic, and political life to direction from bureaucrats and judges.

***** To put it bluntly, the effect of these civil rights laws was to take a lot of decisions that had been made in the democratic parts of American government and relocate them to the bureaucracy or the judiciary.”

• Beverly says:

Which is exactly why Barry Goldwater opposed it. (He’d already integrated his own business, by the way). He saw this coming.

Of course the DemonRats smeared him as a ‘racist,’ and they’ve been using that weapon ever since.

45. Sentient says:

Here’s an interesting article about the possible trajectory of covid. https://off-guardian.org/2020/07/07/second-wave-not-even-close/ Caveat: consult your own virologist on this, but the basic idea is that it appears that a big percentage of the population is not susceptible to covid even if they never show antibodies to it. Maybe they have enough T-cell immunity. Maybe they have enough innate resistance due to past exposure to other coronaviruses, but whatever it is, the infection (and death rates) in places that were initially hard hit (including NYC) are falling so fast that it implies that herd immunity may be reached with only a FAR lower percentage of the population than previously surmised being seropositive for antibodies. Perhaps as low as 20%. This is almost the only reasonable explanation for why new cases have ground almost to a halt in Sweden and elsewhere. Cuomo and Mayor Big Bird didn’t “succeed” in halting the spread. It just burned itself out. As it soon will in Houston and Florida, etc. If this theory is right, we’re 2/3 done with covid in the US and deaths (almost all elderly) will be very low about two months before the election.

• doyouseemyvision says:

And our govt health agencies appear to not be looking into any of this research to find some clear answers. They seem to be avoiding anything that represents the truth or any medical articles that contend this virus is under control and can be tamed. The CDC’s avoidance of any external information seems to be focused on one thing and that is the vaccine which they will declare as our panacea.

46. sunnydaze says:

….”high Covid States”……

Sounds like they can change the Sates on the “banned” list from week to week, depending on the “numbers”.

That’s handy!

Feel bad for any Repub voters/snowbirds who were planning on a quick trip back to NYS this summer to pack it up and leave NY for good- if they’re desired ultimate destination is a “high Covid” one that is.

Wonder if they’ll be shutting down border traffic w/ Canada, too.

What. A. Sh*tshow. up there.

47. TMonroe says:

… unless you’re a more equal kind of undocumented, in which case you get a drivers license, voting card, and bennies

48. Climate Heretic says:

Sorry for the extra post, but how many roads into NYC? How are they going to police them?

Regards
    Climate Heretic

• sunnydaze says:

Not many into NYC, but into NYS is another matter altogether and there is No. Way they can “patrol” all those little back roads.

haha. It’s a mess.

49. Ian Jones says:

The chances of me going to New York in the next few years is about the same as me going to North Korea.