Much ado is being made over President Trump wearing a mask while visiting wounded soldiers and veterans at Walter Reed hospital earlier today.   It seems a little silly to build a media narrative around taking precautions in the #1 place you would take prudent precautions, but whatever.   It’s always better with theme music:

President Trump was accompanied by: Colonel Andrew Barr, Director, WRNMMC; Master Chief Randy Swanson; Command Master Chief Captain Gerard Woelkers, NMRTC Commander; Colonel Marion Jefferson, Troop Command; and Sergeant Major Jeffrey Zak, Command Sergeant Major.

This entry was posted in Big Government, CDC, Coronavirus, Donald Trump, media bias, Military, President Trump and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

312 Responses to President Trump Wears a Protective Mask Visiting Walter Reed Hospital – Duh, It’s a Hospital…

1. FreyFelipe says:

This is nothing to celebrate. Trump [wisely] made the best of a bad deal and that’s it.

2. Nigella says:

He makes the mask look good

3. mayflowerchild says:

I am Batman !

4. snailmailtrucker says:

Anyone with more than 2 cells of Grey Matter knows that the most dangerous places for
    Elderly People and Infants in Liberal/Democrat Cities/States…..

Are in their Hospitals/Nursing Homes and in their Mother’s Bellies !

5. Blind no Longer says:

Why is this about the damn mask and not about him visiting our great veterans who he has never let down???????
    He will never let our military down…greatest President ever!

6. Bamalaker says:

Thank Goodness! Now the Left will hate the masks and this nonsense will end!

7. snailmailtrucker says:

Just shows how much RESPECT POTUS Trump has for America’s Veterans !

WE LOVE YOU TO MR. PRESIDENT !

8. Reporter: “The sinister look by this dictator is just appalling. Joe Biden promised to wear a beige colored mask, so as not to offend or misappropriate the color black.”

• FreyFelipe says:

So Biden is now saying – if you wear a black mask, you ain’t black.

• But PDJT is definitely wearing a Navy blue mask. He always wears Navy blue suits. He would never wear a black mask with a blue suit. You know?
      Even Dr Birx was talking masks are the new fashion statement.
      She copied me, because I said that same thing in March. If only I’d cashed in on it!

• FreyFelipe says:

Outside of certain limited settings, I see face masks, actually face diapers, as more of a new servile statement, a new form of wearing a cow bell or chains.

• You’re right. They are a sign of submission to the left. But I decided that I will go where I want and not be imprisoned in my home while seething at my lack of freedom. If they require a mask I will wear one but I would never walk down the street with one. I live in Florida though.

• sudsy49 says:

Totally agree on all counts. We live in a hot state too. (100 degrees at 9AM today!) My husband and I purchased inexpensive face shields and started wearing them when masks became mandatory in our state. Nobody’s hassled us and they are so much more easily worn. Glasses don’t steam up and your face and expressions can be seen. Plus you can actually breathe in them!! So far we’ve gone to a restaurant, major grocery store, and drugstore with no issues. In fact 3 of the clerks in the drugstore were wearing shields instead of masks. People stop us and ask us where to get them. For back up, I have a cloth mask from Etsy that says “Women for Trump”, but I haven’t needed it yet.

• drdeb says:

Oh Yeah! I So agree! We live in NE Georgia where no one needs to wear masks and where there is no virus. When We have to venture to ATL! (really dread that trip) or even to Costco, we wear a fishing cap with an attached face shield. That is even better because it does not touch our hair or faces. If one is hard of hearing, this keeps the hearing aids from being disturbed. It is a real annoyance for us that since we also read lips, we can’t see anyone’s when they are masked!

9. Parker Longbaugh says:

I do not wear a mask for any reason except when I take my wife to the doctors office/ hospital. Which currently is multiple times a month.
    Heath care facilities are common sense, everywhere else is my body, my choice.
    With one photo President Trump has clearly conveyed the appropriate times when choice is not an isdue.
    He is so amazing.

10. Tiffthis says:

Is that an “Air force one” mask or the Presidential seal?

11. I go to church Sunday mornings. Mask required. Also, have to make a reservation and check off your name on a list for tracking purposes. I want a modicum of fellowship and I want to take communion.
    Other than that, doctor’s offices. I wear one if required elsewhere because I won’t be prohibited from going where I want. I spray the inside of the mask before I put it on and when I take it off. I spray it with homemade hand sanitizer made with EverClear and a dash of Lavendar. Smells great.

• jimmy2times says:

If we all stopped any exceptions this nightmare would end. Sorry no exceptions! Church included
      Would the founding fathers except certain taxes. I can see john Adam’s saying well I’ll pay a tax to go to church and for a haircut but otherwise u would not catch me dead getting taxed
      Or in a mask
      Stop!!!!!!!no exceptions
      ..stopoopppp
      If people on this site are so willing to give lindsey light on his loafers Graham type exceptions…well. it’s over then
      Bend over
      Take your communist fng. Its coming
      U earned it!!!!sorry
      True!!!!who will stand up??? Sundance is risking his life and u can come here and admit to wearing a literal symbolism of the deep state just to attend a church where u should be free to come as u are sans mask???? Pray at home God hears u there just as loud. Jesus would hate the left and their rules
      …and u know he would. That’s the thing
      That is it rt there
      Everyone knows this is bull shit
      And every christian knows it!! jesus would know it was bull shit
      He would flip the tables over like at the market outside the temple if he saw people wearing masks to bow to the globalist godless deep state!!!
      Some things u just know are from the devil ..people think masks are no big deal. I think it is the number 1 sign of the devil and deep state in 2020. Prove me wrong!!

• jimmy2times says:

That was not directed at any 1 person so nobody take offence….and I may need some sleep lol…sorry for angry tone
        …we are all in this fight together
        ..as Tommy brady would say..
        Let’s
        Gooooooooo!!!

12. MVW says:

Dogs and cats can get China Virus, so where are the orders to muzzle all dogs and cats?

No where. Why? Because dogs and cats don’t vote….? No, that can’t be the reason because when they vote they vote Democrat. No, this is about control by power hungry Totalitarian Socialists, commonly known as Communists.

13. Rileytrips says:

I just discovered that all these Governor’s “orders” cannot be enforced! They are only guidance, and you can’t enforce guidance. A Governor cannot make law, and his orders are orders to state departmental bodies like DMV or ABC – they cannot enforce “orders” unless they are statutes – which means statutory laws on the books – passed by the legislative body of a state. So, say Governor Newsome’s order for all bars and restaurants to close – it cannot be enforced, it is only guidance. It is not a statute to be regulated by the ABC . The Texas “order” for everyone to wear masks is only guidance, too. It cannot be enforced – it is not statutory law! Wow!

• mugzey302 says:

But now the govt threatens to pull the licenses of stores who don’t enforce mask orders. So then what? A store can enforce “no shirt, no shoes, no service” with masks too. Now they have signs up in my apartment building that masks are required indoors (NY). I don’t know how they can enforce that except by the snitch network, and we have plenty of them.

• Rileytrips says:

What is the penalty? Who is going to enforce the penalty? If you get handed a fine, and fight it in the civil court, a judge cannot demand you pay if there is no such law on the books!

• northwoodswatcher says:

Correct, correct, and correct.

The question is, where is Barr in all of this? If the governors and mayors get away with this tactic of using executive orders as “laws” in which they also pervert of the role of LEOs to enforce illegal orders or be fired, we’ve got a problem.

Dumb judges will use this as precedent.

In the future, evil mayors and governors will declare an “emergency” for any issue which is important to them, and, once their emergency is declared, they’ll figure that citizens are too ignorant to realize that their follow-on emergency executive orders are illegal and unconstitutional.

Barr should have been spanking these governors/mayors from Day One, pointing out that the ONLY way the governors could do what they want to do is by declaring martial law. Of course, martial law would open up a whole ‘nuther can of worms for the governors.

Barr has been leaving it up to citizens groups in each state to initiate lawsuits. Methinks that because Gestapo edicts from the governors, including RINOs, has been such a widespread tyranny that it merited a major slapdown from DOJ and SCOTUS.

• jimmy2times says:

Of course ..was well known as soon as they made them
      No non law can be enforced
      In my town in liberal mass my friend told me cops were told not only can they not enforce them but if u said u had a medical condition any business open to the public has to let.u in and cannot even ask for proof of the condition. So if they try to block u at the door and u say u have a condition preventing u from wearing a mask they cannot question it and business has to let u in
      And this came from the police
      Side note I never wear a mask a d only had 1 guy at a grocery store say anything. He said next time u need to wear a mask
      I said really I have paper say I dont need to.
      He nodded said ahh ok. I said wanna know what they are? I said it’s the constitution. And I wont be back
      Have a great all day

14. SGH says:

I’m tired of the whole mask thing. I’m tired of people saying, “You don’t do it for you; you do it for others.” I don’t particularly like explaining that I don’t give THAT MUCH of a shit about my community at large to participate in this exercise in futility. I’ve been especially annoyed since 6/30, my daughter’s birthday. I drove to Kroger, where I typically shop during the last operating hour even before their hours were shortened because of the China virus, and it was too busy. When I went back a couple of hours later, I took my kid to pick out her cake (because I’m THAT Mom this year!), as well as get the steaks she wanted. I was confronted by a masked soldier (old lady) about my lack of “protection”…and my child, who had been in the house for 3 months straight, was like, “I might need your inhaler.” She has social anxiety (mostly with kids her age, not adults), and I had to apologize to her because I don’t deal with that in that store. I didn’t even think we’d be accosted.
    I shop at 7-11 & Kroger. Pick up orders at Walmart, sometimes. If I went to Dollar Tree, I might wear a mask because it’s condensed. I definitely would at a doctor’s office or hospital, though.
    I hope they didn’t get a shot of President Trump enjoying real air after he took his mask off…

• sudsy49 says:

We’ve found that the clear plastic face shields satisfy the mask Nazi’s and have the bonus of being able to breathe and have your face unenecumbered. Before we got them my husband was in the checkout line in a grocery store. It was the 1st day of our mandatory mask edict. He was wearing one. Ahead of him in line checking out was another elderly man who didn’t have one on. The man checking out was making chit chat with the clerk while he got his change. At that point the store manager approached and stood where the bagger usually would be. As the customer started to leave she stopped him and said, “You are not wearing a mask!” He replied politely, “Yes, I’m sorry, I forgot.” (This was 12 hours after the mandatory edict was issued.) The manager then said to him with an attitude, ” If you come back and aren’t wearing a mask, I’m going to call the police!”. The man just walked away, but my husband approached her and said, “Did I just hear you say you were going to call the police on that man if he came back and wasn’t wearing a mask?” She said, “Yes I did!” So my husband ripped off his mask and said, “Well call them now, then!” She turned on her heels and walked away. He went home and complained to the corporate office.

• texasooz57 says:

Your husband could be my husband…he would have done the same thing. Kudos to your husband who stood up to this mask nazi and accolades to him that he called the corporate office. We should all do the same as your husband when faced with people being disrespectful to others for a nonsensical reason. Bravo. And I really enjoyed your story.

• texasooz57 says:

You’re preaching to the choir, SGH. Loved your story. I’m tired of the whole mask thing, too. And especially the mask nazi’s. They are soooo stupid.

15. Marc says:

Gotta wonder how many of those Colonels, Master Chiefs, and Sarges actually have their CiC’s back.

16. dorothea brooke says:

Trump looks awesome! –from a Southern lady

17. Idoldissr says:

The press is like a bunch of Lilliputians squabbling over how to crack an egg! How vain! How stupid!

18. MfM says:

Hospitals are dangerous places. Every year in the USA, 100,000 people die from hospital/medically acquired infections.

My suspicion is that a large part of the spread of Covid was through medical settings. We had a Dr. in King of Prussia, PA that brought it back from flying through Italy (I believe). He saw patients while showing symptoms.

19. Colorado Conservative says:

I do wish President Trump had not caved to the pressure to wear a face diaper, especially when it has been shown they are useless for preventing much of anything unless the person wearing one is sick (and even then it is questionable). But I have noticed the US military has completely bought into the left’s mask marxist ideology of submission, power, and control. Their Memorial Day message showed every service member wearing an ugly black face diaper.

• kaste668 says:

In hospitals it is mandatory. Would you rather he not go.

• drdeb says:

Not mandatory in the hospital in the county where I live! Please be careful with your generalizations. I went to mine two weeks in a row so the mask woman knew me. My orthopedic has an office there. That is why I was there. She said “Do you want a mask?” I said no. She handed me a cloth one and asked me to return it when I exited. YES there IS still common sense in the South! Hospital appeared to be empty thanks to the scare!

20. lettruthspeak says:

When Trump went to Michigan back in May, can’t recall the date exactly, he went to visit a Ford plant and admitted he would wear a mask when appropriate. He didn’t refuse to wear it, and I think at one point he even admitted he wore one in a certain area. What’s the difference now? Well the media didn’t capture the moment. Let’s face it, our media and democratic politicians are on the emotional level of three-year-olds, and that’s being generous. Nothing but their constant bitching about everything, throwing temper tantrums over ridiculously stupid crap, and caterwauling when they don’t get their way. There is nothing positive about these jerks, nothing. All doom, gloom, negativity day in and day out for 4 years. No wonder their supporters are such depressed souls.

• Rileytrips says:

In developmental psychology terms – the press are all concrete thinkers, not abstract thinkers.
      Concrete thinkers see everything in black and white – no gray areas. Young children can’t think abstractly until around the time they hit puberty.
      Yeah, the MSM and especially the White House Press are definitely, concrete thinkers.

• Harvey Lipschitz says:

The Press are anatomy retentive.

President Trump is a real estate man. builder. He wears hard hats on job sites.

He isn’t into political costume signalling.

21. Dee Paul Deje says:

POTUS just ended the mask nonsense since the resistance is duty-bound to oppose everything POTUS does.

22. Carter Burger says:

So does this mean the left is gonna come out against masks now?

23. Spurwing Plover says:

Maybe Biden should wear a mask that covers his whole face so no one can see his stupid Liberal Democrat expression on his face

24. skip says:

MSM/DS is in panic mode; nothing more than that.. They Don’t have anything sooooo they just grab for straws for those that are still sleeping….

25. Winston says:

Journal of Infectious Diseases – Jul 2020
    The role of community-wide wearing of face mask for control of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) epidemic due to SARS-CoV-2

We assessed the effect of community-wide mask usage to control coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR).

The COVID-19 incidence in HKSAR (129.0 per million population) was significantly lower (p<0.001) than that of Spain (2983.2), Italy (2250.8), Germany (1241.5), France (1151.6), U.S. (1102.8), U.K. (831.5), Singapore (259.8), and South Korea (200.5). The compliance of face mask usage by HKSAR general public was 96.6% (range: 95.7% to 97.2%). We observed 11 COVID-19 clusters in recreational ‘mask-off’ settings compared to only 3 in workplace ‘mask-on’ settings (p = 0.036 by Chi square test of goodness-of-fit).

Conclusion

Community-wide mask wearing may contribute to the control of COVID-19 by reducing the amount of emission of infected saliva and respiratory droplets from individuals with subclinical or mild COVID-19.

May 12, 2020
    New Study Shows That This One Thing Could Cause 80% Decrease In COVID-19 Cases

A recent scientific study shows that one simple maneuver could reduce COVID-19 cases by as much as 80%. An international team of scientists has introduced new models to provide interactive representation of various options and effects – but none more powerful than this one. While the US continues to reopen businesses, what is the one thing that could further reduce the spread of the virus?

Based on research and scientific models from UC Berkley’s International Computer Science Institute and Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, wearing masks can cut the incidence of cases by as much as 80%. “I felt like this was pretty urgent,” says lead researcher, Dr. Dekai Wu (or as he is more commonly known, just DeKai), pointing to a living example of why his scientific model shows significant promise.

On March 6 in Japan, a country of 126 million, 21 people died of COVID-19. On the same day, 2,129 people died in the US – over 10 times the deaths in Japan. (The US population is only 2.6 times greater by comparison). While America begins reopening, Japan never closed. As I write these words, Japan shows no new cases, with only 624 deaths. Today, the US added 14,325 cases, despite tweets from the White House that nationwide numbers are declining. The USA continues to lead the world: 781 new deaths today bring the total US number to 81,568, according to the Worldometer coronavirus website.

The Land of the Rising Sun has had no lockdown, no stopped subways and most businesses have remained open. Social distancing measures have been in place, but by and large the Japanese economy has remained mostly unchecked, with minimal overall impact from COVID-19 (relative to the United States).

June 26, 2020
    Still Confused About Masks? Here’s the Science Behind How Face Masks Prevent Coronavirus

What may have finally convinced the CDC to change its guidance in favor of masks were rising disease prevalence and a clearer understanding that both pre-symptomatic and asymptomatic transmission are possible – even common. Studies have found that viral load peaks in the days before symptoms begin and that speaking is enough to expel virus-carrying droplets.

“I think the biggest thing with COVID now that shapes all of this guidance on masks is that we can’t tell who’s infected,” said Chin-Hong. “You can’t look in a crowd and say, oh, that person should wear mask. There’s a lot of asymptomatic infection, so everybody has to wear a mask.”

There are several strands of evidence supporting the efficacy of masks.

One category of evidence comes from laboratory studies of respiratory droplets and the ability of various masks to block them. An experiment using high-speed video found that hundreds of droplets ranging from 20 to 500 micrometers were generated when saying a simple phrase, but that nearly all these droplets were blocked when the mouth was covered by a damp washcloth. Another study of people who had influenza or the common cold found that wearing a surgical mask significantly reduced the amount of these respiratory viruses emitted in droplets and aerosols.

• drdeb says:

What about the scholarly peer-reviewed studies that show that mask wearing reduces oxygen by nearly 20%? You present one side without the other side!

26. Kari Heim says:

The President even looks good in a mask .
    BUT it’s a President of the United States mask!
    Right on. Well done, White House!!!

27. retiredseabee says:

Watch PDJT with this music while walking down the hall

28. gymcy81 says:

As Lloyd Marcus requested July 11th on American Thinker:

Dear Patriots. It is time to step up and push back.
    We who love America must fight back with my song, “Trump Train 2020.”

All of us must use our God-given, gifts, talents and intellect to push back to save our country. Help me use my gift for the good of our country by promoting the “Trump Train 2020” song.
    Music Video link:

Thanks and God bless.

• clive hoskin says:

Lloyd Markus,thanks for that fine song.How on earth could anybody vote for a DemocRAT after that fine rendition.Well done.

29. Lovearepublican says:

Very VERY disappointed to see Trump in a Control mask. If he REALLY wants to stop the Marxist take over…he needs to lead by example. NO MASK! I would have rather he not go to the hospital frankly than see him succumb to the mob. First he cancels the rally for no good reason…then this. SAD.

30. northwoodswatcher says:

Duly noting the idiocy continuing in many jurisdictions in America in which cold scientific logic has been replaced as the basis for political decisions by warm fuzzy feelings — such as in Texas, where Governor Greg Abbott has taken leave of his senses — it bears repeating that MASKS ARE UNNECESSARY AND NEVER WERE NECESSARY in dealing with the wildly exaggerated threat of the Wuhan virus.

Statistically speaking, the Wuhan virus is less dangerous than the common flu.

Hospitals are a far bigger killer than both combined. Medical mistakes made by the medical “experts” in hospitals kill anywhere from 250,000 to 440,000 Americans every year. Maybe we should close down hospitals?

As for masks, here is what Dr. Noel has to say:

“I wore surgical masks daily for 36 years as an anesthesiologist. Their purpose was to reduce the chance that I would infect an open wound with bacteria from my mouth. This article of faith has been shown to be false. If staff who are working outside of the immediate sterile field do not wear masks, there is no increase in wound infections. And this is in a closed environment where staff will be present for hours. This casts a very large cloud of doubt on the utility of masks for COVID-19.”

Neither President Trump nor any of his staff had any need, scientifically speaking, to wear masks during the visit to Walter Reed Hospital.

The reason they were wearing masks was OPTICS.

They could not give the appearance of being callous and unfeeling.

Feelings. Yes, America is living inside a Morris Albert song:

Again, keep in mind that President Trump is relying on advisors ever conscious of internal polling about that most important demographic, SOCCER MOMS!

And it certainly wouldn’t do to alienate this most risk-averse demographic on the face of Planet Earth. Feelings, you know?

What do you think is spurring all of this mask wearing Science? Hell, no. Every politician is plugged into Soccer Mom World because as soccer moms vote (refer back to the GOP’s losing the House in 2018), so goes the nation.

Do not confuse the soccer mom by shoving facts in her face — such as the fact that the CDC’s purported Wuhan flu death toll is vastly inflated.

Do not try to educate the soccer mom that the CDC itself continues to issue all manner of suspect data. Screw data. What we need are feelings.

Soccer moms operate on the following principle, which was articulated to me by several soccer moms on the occasion of debating the point that there was no such thing as manmade global warming…

SOCCER MOMS: “Well, maybe there isn’t any such thing as global warming, but if we’re not sure, why can’t we just err on the side of caution?”

Err on the side of caution.

Got it? It may not be true, but what’s wearing a mask gonna hurt?

This is how soccer moms think.

This is what President Trump is up against.

I shout to the skies that President Trump ought to just stand up and announce that mask wearing is the worst kind of insanity since the time that soccer moms convinced America to pass Prohibition — and we know how THAT went.

Of course, President Trump cannot do that. He needs to at least split the soccer mom vote with the demonRATs come November. Feelings, you know?

Soccer moms put us on this mask-wearing trajectory. Sorry, they have to drive the kids to a soccer match, so they don’t have time to read about how the CDC’s stupendously inaccurate death projections were based on a junk model from Imperial College, where the dope who created it has since been cashiered.

Soccer moms are entirely disinterested in articles like the one in which Dr. Ted Noel notes the absence of any scientific rationale for anyone in public to be wearing a mask. He points out that “Caregivers in a high-intensity environment should have all the fitted N95s they need; beyond that, it’s time to recognize that the only person who should be wearing a mask is the Lone Ranger.”

Be that as it may, following is a small collection of articles about masks.

Sorry, soccer moms. Facts don’t err on the side of caution.

NOTE: The best article in the bunch below is the heavily footnoted “Masks-for-all for COVID-19 not based on sound data” by Lisa M Brosseau, ScD, and Margaret Sietsema, PhD.

“Use of Face Masks by Non-Scrubbed Operating Room Staff: A Randomized Controlled Trial”
    Conclusion: Surgical site infection rates did not increase when non-scrubbed operating room personnel did not wear a face mask.

“Disposable Surgical Face Masks: A Systematic Review”
    Reviewers’ conclusions: From the limited results it is unclear whether wearing surgical face masks results in any harm or benefit to the patient undergoing clean surgery.

“Do N95 Respirators Provide 95% Protection Level Against Airborne Viruses, and How Adequate Are Surgical Masks?”
    Conclusion: The N95 filtering face piece respirators may not provide the expected protection level against small virions. Some surgical masks may let a significant fraction of airborne viruses penetrate through their filters, providing very low protection against aerosolized infectious agents in the size range of 10 to 80 nm. It should be noted that the surgical masks are primarily designed to protect the environment from the wearer, whereas the respirators are supposed to protect the wearer from the environment.

“A Cluster Randomised Trial of Cloth Masks Compared With Medical Masks in Healthcare Workers”
    Conclusions: This study is the first RCT of cloth masks, and the results caution against the use of cloth masks. This is an important finding to inform occupational health and safety. Moisture retention, reuse of cloth masks and poor filtration may result in increased risk of infection. Further research is needed to inform the widespread use of cloth masks globally. However, as a precautionary measure, cloth masks should not be recommended for HCWs, particularly in high-risk situations, and guidelines need to be updated.

“What good do the masks do, really?”
    By Ted Noel, MD
    Conclusion: The outside world is the safest place you can be. The state of Florida has zero cases of COVID-19 that can be traced to outside transmission. During the day, solar UV kills all viruses very quickly, and there’s always enough air movement to disperse aerosols, making them non-infective. It has become clear that virtually all cases have been spread in closed spaces with prolonged (>10 minute) exposure. And as the studies I’ve cited show, other than N95s, masks are no help there. For that matter, six-foot spacing doesn’t help, either, since the aerosols that transmit the virus aren’t adequately dispersed. Caregivers in a high-intensity environment should have all the fitted N95s they need. Beyond that, it’s time to recognize that the only person who should be wearing a mask is the Lone Ranger.

Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy
    COMMENTARY: “Masks-for-all for COVID-19 not based on sound data”
    By Lisa M Brosseau, ScD, and Margaret Sietsema, PhD
    Conclusions.
    • While this is not an exhaustive review of masks and respirators as source control and PPE, we made our best effort to locate and review the most relevant studies of laboratory and real-world performance to inform our recommendations. Results from laboratory studies of filter and fit performance inform and support the findings in real-world settings.
    • Cloth masks are ineffective as source control and PPE, surgical masks have some role to play in preventing emissions from infected patients, and respirators are the best choice for protecting healthcare and other frontline workers, but not recommended for source control. These recommendations apply to pandemic and non-pandemic situations.
    • Leaving aside the fact that they are ineffective, telling the public to wear cloth or surgical masks could be interpreted by some to mean that people are safe to stop isolating at home. It’s too late now for anything but stopping as much person-to-person interaction as possible.
    • Masks may confuse that message and give people a false sense of security. If masks had been the solution in Asia, shouldn’t they have stopped the pandemic before it spread elsewhere?
    References
    1. Lee KW, Liu BYH. On the minimum efficiency and the most penetrating particle size for fibrous filters. J Air Pollut Control Assoc 1980 Mar 13;30(4):377-81
    2. Martin SB Jr, Moyer ES. Electrostatic respirator filter media: filter efficiency and most penetrating particle size effects. Appl Occup Environ Hyg 2000 Nov 30;15(8):609-17
    3. Reusability of facemasks during an influenza pandemic.News conference, Apr 27, 2006
    4. Rengasamy S, Eimer B, Shaffer RE. Simple respiratory protection—evaluation of the filtration performance of cloth masks and common fabric materials against 20-1000 nm size particles.Ann Occup Hyg 2010 Jun 28;54(7):789-98
    5. Jung H, Kim J, Lee S, et al. Comparison of filtration efficiency and pressure drop in anti-yellow sand masks, quarantine masks, medical masks, general masks, and handkerchiefs.Aerosol Air Qual Res 2014;14(14):991-1002.
    6. Grinshpun SA, Haruta H, Eninger RM, et al. Performance of an N95 filtering facepiece particulate respirator and a surgical mask during human breathing: two pathways for particle penetration. J Occup Environ Hyg 2009 Jul 22;6(10):593-603
    7. Oberg T, Brosseau LM. Surgical mask filter and fit performance. Am J Infect Control 2008 May;36(4):276-82
    8. Willeke K, Qian Y, Donnelly J, et al. Penetration of airborne microorganisms through a surgical mask and a dust/mist respirator. Am Ind Hyg Assoc J 1996;57(4):348-55
    9. Brosseau LM, McCullough NV, Vesley D. Mycobacterial aerosol collection efficiency of respirator and surgical mask filters under varying conditions of flow and humidity. Appl Occup Environ Hyg 1997;12(6):435-45
    10. Chen CC, Willeke K. Aerosol penetration through surgical masks. Am J Infect Control 1992 Aug;20(4):177-84
    11. McCullough NV, Brosseau LM, Vesley D. Collection of three bacterial aerosols by respirator and surgical mask filters under varying conditions of flow and relative humidity. Ann Occup Hyg 1997 Dec;41(6):677-90
    12. Rengasamy S, Eimer B, Szalajda J. A quantitative assessment of the total inward leakage of NaCl aerosol representing submicron-size bioaerosol through N95 filtering facepiece respirators and surgical masks. J Occup Environ Hyg 2014 11(6):388-96
    13. Davies A, Thompson KA, Giri K, et al. Testing the efficacy of homemade masks: would they protect in an influenza pandemic?Disaster Med Public Health Prep 2013 Aug;7(4):413-8
    14. Cherrie JW, Apsley A, Cowie H, et al. Effectiveness of face masks used to protect Beijing residents against particulate air pollution.Occup Environ Med 2018 Jun;75(6):446-52
    15. Mueller W, Horwell CJ, Apsley A, et al. The effectiveness of respiratory protection worn by communities to protect from volcanic ash inhalation. Part I: filtration efficiency tests.Int J Hyg Environ Health 2018 July;221(6):967-76
    16. Bowen LE. Does that face mask really protect you?Appl Biosaf 2010 Jun 1;15(2):67-71
    17. Shakya KM, Noyes A, Kallin R, et al. Evaluating the efficacy of cloth facemasks in reducing particulate matter exposure.J Expo Sci Environ Epidemiol 2017 May;27(3):352-7
    18. van der Sande M., Teunis P, Sabel R. Professional and home-made face masks reduce exposure to respiratory infections among the general population. PLOS One 2008 Jul 9;3(7):0002618
    19. Derrick JL, Gomersall CD. Protecting healthcare staff from severe acute respiratory syndrome: filtration capacity of multiple surgical masks. J Hosp Infect 2005 Apr;59(4):365-8
    20. Chughtai AA, Seale H, MacIntyre CR. Use of cloth masks in the practice of infection control—evidence and policy gaps. Int J Infect Control 2013 Jun;9(3)
    21. Kellogg WH, MacMillan G. An experimental study of the efficacy of gauze face masks.Am J Public Health 1920;10(1):34-42
    22. Saunders-Hastings P, Crispo JA, Sikora L, et al. Effectiveness of personal protective measures in reducing pandemic influenza transmission: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Epidemics 2017 Sep;20:1-20
    23. Cowling B J, Zhou Y, Ip DKM, et al. Face masks to prevent transmission of influenza virus: a systematic review. Epidemiol Infect 2010 Jan 22;138(4):449-56
    24. bin‐Reza F, Chavarrias VL, Nicoll A, et al. The use of masks and respirators to prevent transmission of influenza: a systematic review of the scientific evidence. Influenza Other Respir Viruses 2011 Dec 11;6(4):257-67
    25. MacIntyre CR, Zhang Y, Chughtai AA, et al. Cluster randomised controlled trial to examine medical mask use as source control for people with respiratory illness.BMJ Open 2016 Dec 30;6(12):e012330
    26. Meleny FL. Infection in clean operative wounds: a nine year study. Surg Gynecol Obstet 1935;60:264-75
    27. Orr NWM. Is a mask necessary in the operating theater? Ann R Coll Surg Engl 1981;63:390-2
    28. Mitchell NJ, Hunt S. Surgical face masks in modern operating rooms—a costly and unnecessary ritual? J Hosp Infect 1991;18(3):239-42
    29. Tunevall TG. Postoperative wound infections and surgical face masks: a controlled study. World J Surg 1991 May-Jun;15(3):383-7
    30. Belkin NL. Masks, barriers, laundering, and gloving: Where is the evidence?AORN J 2006 Oct 25;84(4):655-63
    31. Johnson DF, Druce JD, Birch C, et al. A quantitative assessment of the efficacy of surgical and N95 masks to filter influenza virus in patients with acute influenza infection.Clin Infect Dis 2009 Jul 15;49(2):275-7
    32. Driessche KV, Hens N, Tilley P, et al. Surgical masks reduce airborne spread of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in colonized patients with cystic fibrosis.Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2015 Oct 1;192(7):897-9
    33. Milton DK, Fabian MP, Cowling BJ, et al. Influenza virus aerosols in human exhaled breath: particle size, culturability, and effect of surgical masks.PLoS Pathog 2013 Mar;9(3):e1003205
    34. Stockwell RE, Wood ME, He C, et al. Face masks reduce the release of Pseudomonas aeruginosa cough aerosols when worn for clinically relevant periods.Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2018 Nov 15;198(10):1339-42
    35. Hui DS, Chow BK, Chu L, et al. Exhaled air dispersion during coughing with and without wearing a surgical or N95 mask.PloS One 2012;7(12)e50845
    36. Dharmadhikari AS, Mphahlele M, Stoltz A, et al. Surgical face masks worn by patients with multidrug-resistant tuberculosis: impact on infectivity of air on a hospital ward.Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2012 May 15;185(10):1104-9
    37. Sung AD, Sung JA, Thomas S, et al. Universal mask usage for reduction of respiratory viral infections after stem cell transplant: a prospective trial.Clin Infect Dis 2016 Oct 15;63(8):999-1006
    38. MacIntyre CR, Seale H, Dung TC, et al. A cluster randomised trial of cloth masks compared with medical masks in healthcare workers.BMJ Open 2015 Apr 22;5(4):e006577
    39. Loeb M, Dafoe N, Mahony J, et al. Surgical mask vs N95 respirator for preventing influenza among healthcare workers: a randomized trial. JAMA 2009 Nov 4;302(17):1865-71
    40. MacIntyre CR, Wang Q, Cauchemez S, et al. A cluster randomized clinical trial comparing fit‐tested and non‐fit‐tested N95 respirators to medical masks to prevent respiratory virus infection in health care workers. Influenza Other Respir Viruses 2011;5(3):170-9
    41. MacIntyre CR, Wang Q, Rahman B, et al. Efficacy of face masks and respirators in preventing upper respiratory tract bacterial colonization and co-infection in hospital healthcare workers—authors’ reply. Prev Med 2014 Aug;65:154
    42. MacIntyre CR, Wang Q, Seale H, et al. A randomized clinical trial of three options for N95 respirators and medical masks in health workers. Am J Resp Crit Care Med 2013;187(9):960-6
    43. Radonovich LJ, Simberkoff MS, Bessesen MT, et al. N95 respirators vs medical masks for preventing influenza among health care personnel: a randomized clinical trial. JAMA 2019 Sep 3;322(9):824-33
    44. Gralton J, and McLaws ML. Protecting healthcare workers from pandemic influenza: N95 or surgical masks?. Crit Care Med 2010 Feb;38(2):657-67
    45. bin Reza 2012 (we have Bin-Reza 2011)
    46. Bunyan D, Ritchie L, Jenkins D, et al. Respiratory and facial protection: a critical review of recent literature. J Hosp Infect 2013 Nov;85(3):165-9
    47. Smith JD, MacDougall CC, Johnstone J, et al. Effectiveness of N95 respirators versus surgical masks in protecting health care workers from acute respiratory infection: a systematic review and meta-analysis. CMAJ 2016 May 17;188(8):567-74
    48. Jefferson T, Jones M, Ansari LAA, et al. Physical interventions to interrupt or reduce the spread of respiratory viruses. Part 1 – Face masks, eye protection and person distancing: systematic review and meta-analysis. medRxiv 2020 Mar 30
    49. Offeddu V, Yung CF, Low MSF, et al. Effectiveness of masks and respirators against respiratory infections in healthcare workers: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Clin Infect Dis 2017 Aug 7;65(11):1934-42
    50. Long Y, Hu T, Liu L, et al. Effectiveness of N95 respirators versus surgical masks against influenza: A systematic review and meta‐analysis. J Evid Based Med 2020 (published online Mar 13)
    51. MacIntyre CR, Chughtai AA, Rahman B, et al. The efficacy of medical masks and respirators against respiratory infection in healthcare workers. Influenza Other Respir Viruses 2017;11(6):511-7
    52. Loeb M, McGeer A, Henry B, et al. SARS among critical care nurses, Toronto.Emerg Infect Dis 2004 Feb;10(2):251-5

• SH B says:

Thank you for copious recitations regarding masks — I think most of us with a brain get it. Ted Noel, MD, is awesome. The issue with Trump wearing/not wearing a mask is if he does wear one he gets attacked and if he doesn’t he gets attacked. There is no appeasement of insanity and unhinged evil.

31. TwoLaine says:

Darn! I was hoping for a full Batman Mask and cape!

32. northwoodswatcher says:

The Wuhan flu — aka COVID-19, the disease which is caused by the virus SARS-CoV-2 — is a nothingburger in terms of how deadly it is.

It’s a disease, which, if detected early, can be readily treated in the vast majority of patients.

It’s not drug-resistant tuberulosis.

It’s not ebola.

It’s not the Black Plague.

Just as the “Category-5 hurricane of the century” of last year turned out to be a nothingburger tropical depression at landfall, just as “Snowmagedon Blizzard That Wiped Out the East Coast” missed New York city two winters ago, just as global cooling, global, warming, the ozone hole, acid rain, the Cardiff Giant, Piltdown Man, and the FeeJee Mermaid were all scams, the Wuhan flu is much ado about nothing.

The fact that it has been inflated into a national mind-control experiment goes to show the cupidity of a large percentage of the populace and the residual strength of the Criminal Leftist Media, propped up as it is by Big Tech and Big Pharma.

The Wuhan flu hysteria is a scam, plain and simple.

As Dr. Ted Noel writes so cogently, “COVID-19 Never Killed Anybody.”

What COVID-19 does do is to trigger an immune response, which, left untreated, can kill people.

The Wuhan flu kills by kicking off an inflammatory response called a “Cytokine Storm.”

But if you apply some simple anti-inflammatory therapy early on, it is highly treatable.

As Dr. Noel pointed out, “If all you get is the Wuhan Flu, you may get a bit sick, but you won’t even need to go to the hospital. You’ll get over it. That’s because you don’t get a ‘Cytokine Storm.'”

This is a virus for which we already have at least two inexpensive cures using drugs that have been in use for decades, so we know their side effects:, namely:
    (1) nebulizer-delivered corticosteroid Budesonide (about which a Texas doctor was recently interviewed); and
    (2) Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) with zinc and azithromycin.

Repeat: We have at least two Wuhan flu cures already.

The Still Report: “Dr. Richard Bartlett: The Covid-19 Silver Bullet” #3126 (July 6, 2020)
    (https://tinyurl.com/y6ukexwq)
    In the video, Dr. Bartlett pointed out the following statistics from Asian nations that have been using inhaled corticosteroids to treat the Wuhan virus:
    • Taiwan (pop. 24 million) —7 Wuhan virus deaths
    • Singapore (pop. 5.8 million) — 12 Wuhan virus deaths.
    • Japan (pop. 126 million) — fewer than Wuhan virus 1,000 deaths.

CENSORSHIP. I should note that YouTube immediately erased this video from The Still Report’s page.

Other sites, like BitChute, have captured this complete video, countering the Stalinist tactics of the left.

We are all aware of the vast censorship and fake news reports attacking Hydroxychloroquine.

HCQ as a cure for the Wuhan virus was criticized by the corrupt CDC, FDA, and NIH in an effort to eliminate HCQ from use and thus leave the path open for Big Pharma to make billions selling Americans an unnecessary, ineffectual, and expensive vaccine, along with expensive and less effective treatments like Redesivir, which is being developed by Gilead Sciences.

Follow the money and check out the nefarious folks who are investors in Gilead.

Most of us are aware that the prime mover pushing America toward the vaccine strategy is the Gates Foundation. You should know that supposed wise man Dr. Anthony S. Fauci is a member of the Leadership Council of the Gates Foundation, which is investing in and will eventually be profiting from Wuhan virus vaccinations.

“MIT Develops ‘Tattoo ID’ to Track Who Has Been Vaccinated”

This stinks to high heaven.

33. McGuffin says:

BAD MOVE
    Why didn’t PDJT just NOT go to Walter Reed?
    He should not have gone. Then he wouldn’t have “had” to wear a mask. Problem solved.

I’ve never once in my life criticized our VSGPDJT, I’ve never once felt anything negative toward Donald J Trump. Until today. I don’t care what he has up his sleeve with this. It’s over. …Now it begins.  WE WILL ALL WEAR MASKS FROM NOW ON. We will defiantly (LOL haha) wear our MAGA masks or perhaps the bad-ass mask Trump wore today as we go about our new-normal daily business. Oh so tough we are. We will show them! As we comply 100% with their re-making of our country.

Anyone remember 911? How we proudly flew our flags. How quickly that pride of America was replaced with pride of not being racist/homophobic/Xenaphobic/Etc-ophobic (See Minnesota) or (see any Walmart cashier checkout stand).   Step one complete. Or was that Step two or three.

For any of you thinking I’m a troll, I’m not. I’ve been on here for years.
    I’ve not once in my life had a negative thought about our President. Until today.
    First Abbott let us down (I’m a Texan) and now Trump. I give.
    It’s over. Done. Prove me wrong President Trump. Prove me wrong. Please.

I’m not being an – Eeyore.  I’m calling it as I see it.

• clive hoskin says:

He went to help the soldiers in hospital because that is what he wanted.And YES you are an”Eeore”because you have given up.