Much ado is being made over President Trump wearing a mask while visiting wounded soldiers and veterans at Walter Reed hospital earlier today.   It seems a little silly to build a media narrative around taking precautions in the #1 place you would take prudent precautions, but whatever.   It’s always better with theme music:

This entry was posted in Big Government, CDC, Coronavirus, Donald Trump, media bias, Military, President Trump and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

312 Responses to President Trump Wears a Protective Mask Visiting Walter Reed Hospital – Duh, It’s a Hospital…

1. WSB says:

I must say Our President looks pretty cool in that mask!

2. Haha I love the theme music!! I wonder how many will show him in his mask tomorrow morning?😷

3. decisiontime16 says:

I’m sure visiting our wounded soldiers and seeing the sacrifice they make for all of us touches President Trump deeply.

4. lorenetn says:

Turn out the lights, the party’s over….

5. Deb says:

I’m currently pregnant, and must wear a mask to all my weekly appointments. It’s a pain, but I respect the rules of the hospital because I love the staff.

The left doesn’t realize that we grasp the concept of context.

• Dave Crawford says:

The Right realizes the Left doesn’t grasp the concept of context.

• SanJac says:

You should buy one of them heart beat monitor/oxygen saturation fingertip things to make sure your oxygen levels don’t drop to much for to long. 👶

• George Hicks says:

Also, it’s very important NOT to wear a mask when doing any physical exertion. I have warned a couple of people about wearing masks when jogging/running.
        Have also heard reports of people falling asleep at the wheel while wearing a mask.

• Janie M. says:

George, I posted a story here some months back where a man in his vehicle (no passengers but wearing a mask) ended up driving off the road and into a tall/huge wooden utility pole. Duhhhhh. No mention of what caused his “accident.” He totaled the front of the vehicle (photo of it being towed away from the pole).

• Marc says:

Wearing a mask while driving alone(or with family that lives with you) is the stupidest thing ever but I still see a number of people doing this. You don’t want to wear a mask longer than 4 hours before it’s tossed or cleaned because of bacterial buildup. Just like you can keep cooked food out of refrigeration for up to 4 hours, the mask is the same.

• lida rose says:

Bless you, Deb. Stay the course. 🙏

6. HardyBrooks says:

Strolling the hallways like the BOSS he is.MAGA/KAGA2020.

7. Curry Worsham says:

I love the smell of power in the morning.

8. Blind no Longer says:

POTUS is Bad Ass!!! WE LOVE YOU Mr. President!!

9. I really don’t like seeing him in a mask; I was denied entrance to a business for no wearing a mask. Makes my life harder..my hill to die on steeper.

• TMonroe says:

It’s a medical setting — specifically, a hospital with a range of cases and compromised health, and masks and PPE are not out of place. As with the presser, he contextualized the matter as strongly as possible.

• Janie M. says:

TMonror, in little under 2 weeks I have an appt. at my V.A. Hospital for a full body scan and a visit with one of my physicians. I have no objection to wearing a mask there as we intermingle with in-patients who are being transported (on gurneys or in wheelchairs from other floors) to access the various x-ray and lab facilities on the first floor.

• Nobody ever had to wear a mask before this to visit a hospital. I was a volunteer in one here and I entered many rooms and never was required to wear a mask. Guess what? I survived.

• Bigbadmike says:

Went to the Dentist this Week. No Mask. Went to the Grocery Store. No Mask. Had to get a Haircut. Mask required. 2 out of 3 ain’t bad.

• George Hicks says:

Got a haircut last week, had to wear a mask, but they also took my temp. when I entered the store…I won’t be back anytime soon and let them know of my displeasure.
        Told the owner as I left (whom I’ve known for many years) Thank goodness I’m outta here and can take my mask off, back to the real world!

• Your Royal Highness says:

I agree. Seeing POTUS in a mask is pretty demoralizing to me. It shows us that he really thinks this whole COVID1984 is a killer…something to be frightened of. I’m sorry but it’s really bad optics.

• Blind no Longer says:

Your Royal Highness, I worked for 30 years in a state psychiatric hospital in GA. I was a substance counselor. On occasion I had to fill in for another counselor there on the TB unit in the late 80 and early 90’s.

At that time, the TB unit was there for people non compliant with their TB meds in the community and they were court ordered to treatment there because of their non compliance.

Although they had a specialized air system that constantly brought in fresh air and replaced the air in the building every 30 minutes, each employee and patient were required to wear masks–no exceptions.

If you ever saw a person collapse in front of you and hemorrhage lung tissue from their mouth and nose, I can assure you, you would’nt have a problem with a mask…especially in a hospital setting.

• Your Royal Highness says:

Covid1984 ISN’T TB. When the technocrats takeover people like you will be to blame and by the time you figure that out IT WILL BE TOO LATE!!

• Blind no Longer says:

Your Royal Highness, I didn’t mean to imply that COVID was like TB, or to offend you with my comment, merely that in a hospital setting the rules are the rules.
            I realize the communist left have used fear to force people to comply, but a hospital is a whole different ball game.
            As for being to blame for any take over, it won’t be me….I will crawl across broken glass to vote for President Trump, and anyone who supports him.

• Blind no Longer, some people have never experienced a contagious ward in a hospital where you have to wear full cover-ups plus a mask so they don’t understand hospital rules. And other people just seem to have no consideration for others and think only their own opinions matter.

• It has never been required before.

• Your Royal Highness says:

You didn’t offend me. What offends me is when people who claim to be Patriots give an inch when that inch leads us into the downfall of this country. It is more than voting this election, it is standing up to these tyrants who think they can enforce mandates as law. Hospitals rarely ever had us wearing masks while visiting patients, there are many doctors who don’t agree with wearing masks.

• Jan says:

Snap out of it! This is just dress rehearsal for the next pandemic launched on us by the Left and/or China. Ya really think they’re going to stop w/Wujan?

You expect the rift raft to stop rioting & looting because Democrats tell them to stop, which won’t happen because Democrats embrace violence wholeheartedly.

YRH, we have enough cowards in Congress & the Republican party. Put on your big girl panties & deal with it. And that’s MHAO!!

• Your Royal Highness says:

Your comment is all over the place. What my big girl panties is supposed mean makes no sense. I am entitled to my opinion so anyone who doesn’t like it needs to get over themselves. Last time I looked this was America.

• fionnagh says:

Disagree, here’s why: This is the first and only time I’ve seen President Trump wear a mask. He wore it out of respect and in deference to our soldiers.

Now think about all the times the President has NOT worn a mask – with regard to the presstitutes, for example.

Trolling once again, as only the President can. It’s a message – our military is worth it, you the faux press are not.

• …HE IS IN HOSPITAL……

• jello333 says:

I agree with you, as I’ve said my wife and I won’t wear one. HOWEVER, I’ve also said that if my mom was still alive, and if she was in a nursing home or hospital and the only way we could see her was if we wore masks… then YES, in that instance, we would do so. I see what Trump did as something similar.

• III% says:

The only logical place to wear a mask is doctor’s office or hospital. All kinds of viruses , bacteria , etc walk through the door at the GP. In a hospital you have patients sick….and immune compromised people there for treatment etc.

10. WSB says:

Michael Dukakis…not!!!!

Like a Boss!!!!’

11. The music made it all worth it!

12. hardwarejunkie says:

He said he’d wear a mask at Walter Reed during his Hannity interview this week.

13. Super elite covfefe999 loves her President! says:

I don’t wear a mask while shopping but do wear it at the check out, because I have a lot of respect for all of the check out people who have been working through the pandemic. ANd I would certainly wear one if I visited a hospital. I don’t wear it for my own protection.

• Local Treeper says:

So you are ill then? The mask is only necessary if you are sick OR they are sick. If they are sick or concerned about others being sick then they wear a mask.

Putting it on for them is the same crap all conserivatives keep doing… bend to the will of the left.

The “most tested man in America” waering a mask is very bad optics as so many of us push back against this mask insanity.

• TarsTarkas says:

Chill. He’s visiting the sick. THEY might transfer something to HIM.

• Rami says:

Here, where I’m live, most businesses have signs advising mask are required. This happened in the last couple of weeks after cases in Florida “increased”. Up until then, I’m have refused to wear one. Couple of days ago, I went into Family Dollar to pick up a few things and entered and shopped without a mask. If walked up to the checkout and the cashier, behind a plexiglass screen, announced she could not check me out unless I’m had on a mask. Luckily, I had one in my purse I’d purchased and put it on. As she was checking me out, she apologized and we agreed we thought the “rule” was ridiculous.

• wondering999 says:

I’m annoyed with a banker who I had to have an interaction with. My “mask” (bandanna) slipped down from my nose. I’m not sick, sneezing nor coughing. Anyway he asked me to please pull my mask back up.

They also “guard” the door to make sure nobody enters without a mask.

I’m thinking of switching to a different bank that isn’t as Karen-ey as these guys

• III% says:

Ever hear of a cancer patient with a compromised immune system? Before the chicken pox vaccine was available that could kill them. Know the incubation period of chicken pox? Long enough before symptoms to pass it on to someone immune compromised. Medical offices and hospitals are the ONLY logical place to wear one. Period.

• Super elite covfefe999 loves her President! says:

No I’m not ill. I think I already had COVID-19 back in March.

I’m doing it out of respect for the cashiers. It’s symbolic. THEY don’t know I’m not ill. I’m doing it to put them at ease.

• MfM says:

Self check outs avoid people. My goal is not to be within 10 feet of anyone at the grocery store.

• Super elite covfefe999 loves her President! says:

I don’t like self-checkouts because they put people out of work. :-/ I don’t blame others for using them, especially when there are long lines, but whenever possible (even if I have to wait in a line) I use the cashier checkouts.

14. Look at that close up picture; HE IS NOT ORANGE!!
    He has a healthy tan….

15. ltravisjr says:

I first caught this news via Twitter. The prevailing triggered replies were basically saying “sure, 130, 000 deaths later”.

You know that meme where Homer Simpson recedes backwards to disappear into the bushes? Yep, that was me with the thread at that point. Like he could have spared all those deaths by setting an example of wearing the mask earlier? Even though every other nation’s death rate has been as bad our worse? Even though the death count under his watch came in 1.9 million less than originally predicted? Even though he unprecedentedly shut down the national economy, the crown jewel of the effectiveness of his leadership, to mitigate the virus? TELL me we aren’t the only ones realizing the self serving and slanderous hatred coming form the resistance and their media!

• TMonroe says:

His surgeon general certainly signaled against it:

“Seriously people- STOP BUYING MASKS!” tweeted Dr. Jerome Adams, the U.S. Surgeon General, on Feb. 29. “They are NOT effective in preventing general public from catching #Coronavirus“

“ In an interview with Fox & Friends, Adams said that wearing a mask can even increase your risk of getting the virus. “Folks who don’t know how to wear them properly tend to touch their faces a lot and actually can increase the spread of coronavirus.”

Oh, yeah, this came from TIME of all places:

“The simplicity of those recommendations is likely unsettling to people anxious to do more to protect themselves, so it’s no surprise that face masks are in short supply—despite the CDC specifically not recommending them for healthy people trying to protect against COVID-19. “It seems kind of intuitively obvious that if you put something—whether it’s a scarf or a mask—in front of your nose and mouth, that will filter out some of these viruses that are floating around out there,” says Dr. William Schaffner, professor of medicine in the division of infectious diseases at Vanderbilt University. The only problem: that’s not likely to be effective against respiratory illnesses like the flu and COVID-19. If it were, “the CDC would have recommended it years ago,” he says. “It doesn’t, because it makes science-based recommendations.””

• ltravisjr says:

Even if we accepted the premise that masks work, I have issues when the pro-maskers say to not be selfish but wear them to protect others. My point is that if they work then the only ones you are protecting by wearing them are those who themselves also don’t choose to wear them. Essentially, there is a community of people (us) who are willing to bear a greater risk to ourselves but will present *no* threat to the others – yet the nannies can’t have that. They want to get in and direct our behavior for our own good whether we like it our not. Its like the motorcycle helmet issue on super steroids.

Why do liberals not get this??? Others make my point by just replying “well YOU wear a mask if you are worried.” That comes across as petulant to the opposition so I wish I had a different but still succinct way to make the point…

• Rock Knutne says:

ltravisjr ~

“My body, my choice.”

Slap them in the head with their own rules.

M🇺🇸A🇺🇸G🇺🇸A

• FreyFelipe says:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
          – C.S. Lewis

American’s are no longer a majority freedom loving people.

• III% says:

I would offer mine but it’s a bit coarse for polite company 😁

16. Love My President says:

I work at a military treatment facility in the National Capital Region. Anyone entering the facilities, ie. Walter Reef, is required to wear a face covering, ie. mask, or entrance is denied. He was simply complying with the requirement (plus looked great in doing so!) Thank you, Mr. President for your courageous and caring leadership as Commander-in/Chief.

17. nuthinmuffin says:

a mask with the presidential seal…nice!

18. SanJac says:

How long before some CCP company starts making copies of this masks infected with something ?

19. aerocrafter says:

I’m not sick, haven’t been in years. You’re not sick. Let the sick people stay home.

The only way the masks work is as a sign of submission.

The numbers are BS, the death rates remain typically low. And HCQ works.

This is about control.

• aerocrafter says:

Wear it in a hospital? Fair enough.

Otherwise, this is about abridging your right to peaceful assembly; breaking down our communities; dividing, separating, and demoralizing us.

Broken glass for Trump.

• The media has been badgering him to wear a mask for months. They now are celebrating “victory” and will badger him forever more to wear the mask.

20. lambgraham says:

Best President in my lifetime. What a fighter. He reminds me so much of General Patton.
    Mr. President beware of the Republican traitors listed by Sundance.
    A nation can survive its fools and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason within….

21. Beverly says:

The Presidential Seal stamped on the side of it tickles me.

And no, masks are no use against viruses. Only bacteria, somewhat, and only at close range.

• fred5678 says:

Yup. Even N95 masks stop only 95% of particles bigger than 3 microns — like asbestos, fiberglass, dust, etc. Virus particles are 0.5 to 2.0 microns.

Masks give FALSE sense of security and do not protect against spread by hand contact!!!

• Harvey Lipschitz says:

I have worn masks for thousands of hours in surgery. We wear them when circulating nurses open sterile packs and until the patient is closed. Skin is a bacterial infection barrier.

Masks don’t catch a virus. If a mask could catch a virus, it could also catch an odor which is particulate matter.

22. HidetheDecline says:

The Trump campaign should be selling red MAGA masks. That would be a big FU to the left and media.

23. slopoke1 says:

Wears it like a BOSS!

24. mayflowerchild says:

Masking … like a boss !

25. Perot Conservative says:

Sell the masks, donate money to charity.

Savage.

26. Meems says:

Looking good, Mr. President!!!

27. Patience says:

What are the odds of the following fake news headline?:
    ; Proof of inner-racism; Trump in black-face

28. fred5678 says:

Here in CO western slope I have yet to wear a mask — I shop at 10:30 at night at grocery store.
    Only 2 or 3 shoppers in huge store. I follow the one-way signs, but a few masked people don’t !!!
    I start using the self-serve check-out stand, and a masked employee invites me to use a human cashier — fine with me. At 10:30, half of the staff is unmasked and stocking shelves. All is fine.

My 1st cousin (blood relative) must have T-cell immunity — her husband was tested positive for CCP virus during a 2 week annoying cough. Two weeks later, both she and husband tested for antibodies. He was positive, she was negative. Maybe another example of people who have great T-cells trained on years of corona viri from colds, etc. and therefore could fight off CCP corona virus with no need to make antibodies and no symptoms.

29. Texsun says:

Our Texas Governor has gone full communist and joined Whitmer in their effort to resist. https://www.theepochtimes.com/texas-governor-warns-of-another-lockdown-if-face-masks-arent-worn_3420606.html Can we recall this maroon?

The only solution to the “election flu” is herd immunity threshold. All they are doing is extending the pain.

These idiots are killing us with their cure!!! FREEDOM!

• lida rose says:

I am so disappointed in our Governor.

I am even more disappointed by my fellow Texans. Everywhere I go…masks. Grown ass men…masks. Women, Older Folks…masks. Children…masks. (Child abuse, I will not suffocate my own child).

I live SW of Houston. It was 100° today, with 60%+ humidity, feels like 110°. It is literally an oven outside.

Are we Free or are we Not?

30. garavaglia1 says:

Anyone here got an opinion on masks?

31. PatriotKate says:

Now I wish he’d worn a mask months ago and encouraged them. If he’d done that, we’d no longer be required to wear them (I don’t anyway).:)

32. Harvey Lipschitz says:

July 12 is face Palm Sunday for Fake News

33. hawkins6 says:

POTUS looked great in his mask. Can’t say the same about Joe.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I’ve only worn a mask once when I agreed to tie on a useless piece of porous linen that a Fabric store provided for free. It made the women clerks feel better and I was out of the store in 15 minutes. All other times, I’ve been able to maintain a “safe distance” as do my neighbors that are often in their backyards sitting in a large well spaced circle as they converse. I’ve joined them at times and it isn’t a big deal.

The only time I would wear a mask would be when the “safe distance” can’t be established like a crowded Trump rally or in a hospital. If masks are worthless then why do doctors and nurses wear them during surgeries etc?

Herman Cain didn’t look overly comfortable when he attended the Tulsa rally without a mask. Shortly after he had Covid. I hope he fully recovers.

34. jahealy says:

President Trump ROCKED that mask!! Fierce!

I understand how those of you who are bothered by it feel. My (current and subject to change) perspective is that sometimes it’s simply more important to “comply” than not. POTUS may have felt that way concerning his visit to Walter Reed.

A personal situation: my gym chain just reopened a couple of locations and my (idiot) governor just mandated masks in public. My choices are to continue to forego the gym (haven’t been there since mid-March) so as not to comply with the mask mandate, or get back into the gym with a mask (not worn continuously) for my physical and mental health. I’m trying to mitigate some of the damage done by the lockdowns in my own life, and continuing to stay away from the gym because of the mask mandate seems counter to that.

Hope that makes sense.

• livefreeordieguy says:

Your physical and mental health is critical and wins by a lot in this debate… Get to the gym… Do the minimum ‘masking’ required to be ‘compliant’ but comfortable… I wish you lived in a state like ours where masks are not required in gyms… But you don’t… Do what is best for your well-being and roll with the inconvenience (nonsense) of it… In this insanity we’re in, think ‘first-things-first’… You are no good to yourself or anyone else without your physical and psychological fitness… Wait, were you even asking for input? 😊 Best wishes!

35. Tornarosa says:

Pretty classy. I’ll bet Melania had something to do with it

36. lakelurelife1 says:

Ive only worn a mask when seeing my doctor. Speaking of…
    I need surgery. Went to my doctor for a procedure they required prior to the surgery I’ve been waiting months for.
    Upon arrival I was told my temp was 100.6 and they were going to reschedule. I insisted I wasn’t sick and asked for an oral thermometer. It read 98.4 and they did the procedure.
    I told them those digital thermometers were as good as wearing a mask. Asked if they would be using the oral one in the future before rescheduling someone. They wouldn’t answer me.
    China virus is real…The response to it is most definitely a HOAX!

37. Jlwary says:

I love it! I just love this President. It just makes laugh because he is a badass at everything he does! Even wearing a snazzy black mask.

38. fangdog says:

Trump couldn’t had picked a better back-drop, timing and design for his wearing mask display. The Democrats must be about out of their minds by now. Today alone wins Trump supporters from all over the Country. Imagine trying to explain to someone why you prefer Biden over Trump?

• wondering999 says:

Made a sibling laugh out loud yesterday when I shared somethng I read at the Treehouse… that “voting for Biden because you don’t like Trump? Is like eating sh!! because you don’t like broccoli”

I don’t remember who to give credit to for that gem? But it was well appreciated

39. Brant says:

They will claim its his regular selfish narcissism that he thinks he will get covid from one of the injured US heroes. And probably one of the heroes from the Russia to taliban bounties that he knew about and did nothing to Putin about.

40. Merkin Muffley says:

Was Joe Biden anywhere near a veteran???

41. Brant says:

Hmmmm, have there been any studies/data on folks who wore a mask and still got the “virus”? And even further, who died? Would that be data/info we would never ever see?

42. lida rose says:

I love My President. 💝
    I have not, will not wear a mask.***

*** I reserve 2 exceptions
    1) If I am ever allowed to visit my Mom in person
    2) To take my daughter to the dentist

Time and Place indeed, Sir.

God Bless and Protect President Donald Trump 🙏
    Dear Lord, let us save our Republic.

43. FreyFelipe says:

“President Trump was accompanied by: Colonel Andrew Barr, Director, WRNMMC; Master Chief Randy Swanson; Command Master Chief Captain Gerard Woelkers, NMRTC Commander; Colonel Marion Jefferson, Troop Command; and Sergeant Major Jeffrey Zak, Command Sergeant Major.”

These people sure do have a lot of fancy titles. Master this, Command that; whereas President is such a simple title. There’s a lesson or two or three in there someplace.

44. I like presidents mask and Fits well he looks Good also,

45. vigiles24 says:

Trump is killing it with that special presidential mask! LOL Way better than anything I’ve seen on Biden. 🙂

46. rvsueandcrew says:

In the closeup of POTUS, he reminds me of Andy Griffith.

47. It is prudent to take precautions at all public gatherings and populated facilities – if people had, we wouldn’t have this further horrid virus spread. The President is protected, tested, and distancing so it is more symbolic (but important) that he lead by example. He has not, and that is why there is much discussion.

48. George Hicks says:

Masks:
    One of the biggest misconceptions is that wearing a mask protects YOU. It doesn’t. One of the best analogies I heard is It’s like trying to bounce a golf ball off a volley ball net.
    Wearing a mask MAY protect others in CLOSE contact, from being exposed to YOUR possibly infected mucus or saliva aerosol. If you are in CLOSE (like in your face) contact with an infected person, THEY should be wearing a mask!
    Washing or sanitizing your hands after touching any foreign surfaces is your best defense against being infected, and don’t touch your face before sanitizing.
    Similar to the manufactured toilet paper shortage, face mask wearing is merely an attempt to scare the public into conforming into government mandates.

• James says:

Where are you signing people up for your How To Build Your Confidence course?

“I suspect that one or two years from now (if Trump wins re-election), people will still be wearing masks and living in a fear that only government-mandated orders can protect them from infection.”

• George Hicks says:

James,
        We all see the constant commercials on TV about wearing masks and all the new companies selling them. Or the ‘reporters’ in the field standing alone in a park or alone on a street wearing a mask.
        How ’bout the constant “Stay home, Stay safe” commercial.
        How many times do we hear about the “New Normal” ?
        I’m sorry, but this stuff raises the hairs on my suspicious cat.
        Most rational people will grow tired of the BS quickly, but their will be some who will still hide under their beds

• A mask is a barrier – if it works one way, it works the other. It unfortunately is not 100%. What would be the point of the government manufacturing such a concern?

Finally in Florida masks were mandated in some counties (within the past few weeks) because of these increases and now almost to/at capacity hospitals since “opening-up” (without meeting CDC guidelines), Memorial Day, etc. Also, not all carriers have symptoms.

See videos of particle spread when talking, coughing.
      Speaking https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzARpgx8cvE
      Cough with and without a mask.

49. jello333 says:

I’m sure you guys have noticed my comments about my wife and I refusing to wear masks, no matter where we go. But I also hope you’ve seen a comment I’ve made a time or two when talking about my Mom, and how things might be going for her right now if she was still with us (she died at 91, about 2 1/2 years ago). Generally my comments have been about how ANGRY I’d be if she was ever in a nursing home or hospital with us not being allowed to visit her. I think I’ve even said I’d likely wind up in jail… because they’d have to use FORCE to keep me (and my wife) out.

But as for masks? I said then and I’ll say now: IF we were allowed to visit, under the condition that we wear a mask, or even gloves, we WOULD do that. It’s the only exception I can think of, but there it is. I only mention this now because I see this kind of similar to what Trump did today. It was a special case, the one exception where it’s NOT a cop-out, NOT adding to the narrative to wear one.

• lida rose says:

Love you, jello. Been here since the good old days.

I agree with you. My Mom is in memory care with advanced Alzheimer’s. Dad and I could technically take her out, but logistically it’s nightmare. She is flourishing and the facility is Covid free, as of the newest testing. I would absolutely wear a mask if I could physically be with my Mom again.

50. teabag14 says:

I generally do not and will not wear a mask. But there are some times when it is sensible. Example: I went to a lab to have blood drawn. I was asked to use hand sanitizer, wear a mask, have my temperature taken, and distance. All of those requests seemed quite sensible to me especially after I looked around at some of the others in the waiting area. I was far more confident that the lab was sanitized properly than I was confident that other patients in the lab were safe to be around. I generally agree that masks give the wearer a false sense of safety. Most people wearing masks seem to be unwilling to distance which annoys me greatly since I am a person who naturally requires a lot of personal space – never mind the damn CCP virus.

Anyway, thumbs up to PDJT. He definitely rocks the mask. In Utah Governor Herbert is mulling over the idea of requiring masks in public at all times because cases have spiked here. I’m not sure which way I will go – full non-compliant or MAGA/KAG mask to match my hat. I think option 2.