Following his roundtable discussion with Hispanic American business and government leaders, President Trump will issue an Executive Order on the Hispanic Prosperity Initiative during a rose garden briefing. Anticipated start time 3:30pm.

WH Livestream LinkFox News LivestreamFox Business Livestream

This entry was posted in Big Government, Donald Trump, Economy, Live Streaming, media bias, Mexico, President Trump, Press Secretary - Trump, Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

55 Responses to President Trump Remarks Introducing Hispanic Prosperity Initiative – Executive Order – 3:30pm ET Livestream…

1. geoffroicc says:

More winning ! ! !

2. Summer says:

I wonder why there should be Hispanic or Black or Whatever prosperity In this country. There should only be American Prosperity, in my humble opinion,

• jx says:

Agree 100%.

• abdiesus says:

I hear you, and I sympathize, but this is just marketing. We know for a fact that Trump has the same policies no matter what race or ethnicity, because those are policies which create the conditions under which every race or ethnicity can flourish and prosper.

The rest is just marketing – mainly to try to call attention to the fact that Trump’s policies actually do work, and while WE all know they work for *everyone*, such marketing highlights that they do work in *specific* concrete cases, in this instance, for Hispanics. The *very same* policies also work just as well, for the very same reasons, for Blacks and Asians as well. I would not be surprised to see similar “marketing” efforts made to highlight this fact for Blacks and Asians just as this current effort is highlighting this fact for Hispanics

The only downside, is there exists out there the assumption, mainly amongst liberals (but sometimes leaking over into non-reflective non-liberals) that if you are doing something that happens to be positive for a given race or ethnicity, then *automatically* that means that same policy must in itself be bad for those NOT of that race or ethnicity. This is false, but it is held because liberals only believe in a zero-sum game, they do not believe that the same policies can help raise ALL boats as it were, and that the right policies can create a synergy where everyone benefits. Liberals on the other hand believe that if I am prospering, then I must have “taken” it from you, and vice versa.

• JCM800 says:

Nauseating Sophistry in a failed attempt to call Race Pandering and Preferential Treatment by anything, but what it blatantly is.

• Eileen McRae says:

How would you address the issue of being called a racist ad nauseam for four years when you are not racist? Explain to all of us the tactics you would employ to show that you support all ethnicities. Would you suggest that President Trump carry a sign stating, “I am not racist!”

He has included a diverse spectrum of ethnic and religious groups at the White House when introducing new programs targeting problems faced by these groups. Yet, he still is called a racist. He will be called a racist after this effort. You yourself have called him a “panderer”!

• dayallaxeded says:

Well, I wouldn’t label my initiatives with Colors (b/c Colors are to be capitalized now, dontcha know) or ethnicities or any other discriminatory labels. And when anyone squeels “racissss”, I’d say, “Prove it, a–hole.” I’d also do the best I could to remove all such Color/ethnicity/gender/sex, ad nauseum labels and preferences from all laws and regulations, so truly everyone would have 100% of the opportunity enjoyed by everyone else. Two or a dozen wrongs won’t ever make a right, though three rights is about the only way to make a left off Tulane Ave.

• AustinHoldout says:

I agree. He’s running for re-election and needs Hispanic votes. There’s an official estimate I’ve heard that Hispanics will be the majority race in Texas in 2035 or 2050. They tend to vote Democrat. I have no trouble with Trump hi-lighting some business success stories. There’s a time to be a high-minded purist and a time to try to win 4 more years to “raise all ships”. This is the latter time.

• JCM800 says:

Summer.
      Liberty and Equal treatment under the Law are meaningless when Discriminatory Policies, i.e. “Affirmative Action” are in effect.

Any preferential treatment based on race or sex violates the XIV Amendment
      “equal protection under the law” doctrine.

Equal with exceptions is Unequal.

The Congressional Black and Hispanic Caucus are Segregationist, who advocate preferential treatment of their Racial Groups.

• Summer says:

Yes. But the Left promotes the idea of EQUITY, not equality. Equality is a bad word straight out of the White Supremacy Manual, according to the Left.

That means that certain “communities” (oh man, do I really dislike this word, even if it is still better than “collective”) that have been “historically disadvantaged” need an additional crutch (equity) in order to “catch up with the historically privileged whites” and therefore must receive preferential treatment. At the same time the whites should be taken down a notch or two and indoctrinated into believing that their “whiteness” (which is NOT just a skin color but also many other things a sane person would never suspect) is inherently evil.

One of the biggest mistakes is accepting the SJW language. Once you accept their premise you are trapped on the path that leads down the slippery slope right to the communist hell.

That’s why, while understanding the political reasons, I am not a fan of this kind of proclamations. It feeds into the SJW narrative. It is good that President Trump repeatedly stressed that his policies work for ALL Americans during his presentation so consider me somewhat mollified.

I do want him re-elected, after all.

• lokiscout says:

I hear you and had the same knee jerk. Then I thought about it and figured if it helps him get reelected I’m all for it.
      MAGA anyone!

• negasht7 says:

Summer – Agreed. E pluribus unum. However, I’m open to other views regarding why it’s healthy and unifying to promote Hispanic, Black, Asian whatever. I just don’t see it. It is the commonality of being American that i prefer be promoted. I live in an area where the culture you and your family came from more encouraged than where you chose to come (USA) and it seems like the more you promote tolerance the further it strays from e pluribus unum and more towards racial identity. “American” isn’t a race. To me, it’s a covenant. Encouraging/promoting race seems to miss the point entirely.

I don’t think hyphenated Americans are bad and i don’t think they are necessarily unpatriotic by attaching racial identity to national identity. Hispanic American is different that Mexican American. Asian American is different than Japanese American. I think hyphens tend to unify those within that group far more than it unifies them to America. I feel strongly that all people living in the United States should speak English as a sign of unity.

As for POTUS’ message, he said Hispanics and all Americans need better options for education. I agree. It came off to me like he was talking to all Americans. Until such a time as the media doesn’t play race card, these types of initiatives help demonstrate America values the positive contributions of Americans of all types.

• Rick says:

From now on, no matter what white Americans do, they will condemned as racist and the source of all of the countries problems. White Democrats think they will be immune, but they are deluding themselves. Republicans will try to pander, but it will be never considered enough. McConnell called slavery America’s original sin. But the new original sin in American society is being born white to begin with. That’s the idea (“white privilege”) that will be taught in every American school and is now being pushed through all American institutions and media. The Republicans will adopt this view post-Trump.

• Eileen McRae says:

I agree with you on equal treatment under the law. However, Trump has spent nearly four years being smeared as being racist and doing nothing for specific ethnic groups. What better way to deflect that criticism by calling particular attention to certain EO’s that benefit Americans?

• luke says:

Can I suggest something……roll with it for now. I have a feeling that I understand the strategy. Trump wants America to be prosperous for all people I have no doubt. Right now we need to focus one thing and that’s winning this November and putting as many R’s in seats as possible. Only after that can we iron out our platform. If the opposition flips the script in Nov it’s really quite simple; we’re toast. All of us.

• FreyFelipe says:

Unfortunately, even DJT can not fail to play the special group pandering game and have much of a chance at winning reelection. That’s just unfortunate reality in today’s America. It’s like cutting social security has been called “The Third Rail”.

However if pandering must be done, I’m glad it’s also going to Hispanics and not just Blacks. Especially as I think DJT has a better chance getting 50% of the Hispanic vote than he has of even getting 15% of the Black vote.

• somebody says:

I agree summer, aims for specific areas of an American prosperity plan could be highlighted such as things aimed at inner cities, rural poor areas, etc. You could highlight how those plans and goals will help certain communities and you could highlight gains, but a plan for each ethnic group is playing the democrats identity politics game.

Prior to the pandemic his overall plans of America first saw tremendous strides in every ethnic group.

• nkmommy says:

As an American of Hispanic descent who grew up on the border, your point resonates with me. You mention the inner cities and rural areas but something most Americans never consider is what opportunities, or lack thereof, exist on the border. For example, one of my siblings wanted to be a doctor, but there were no medical schools in our border area, so she left for another state and then remained there. I wanted to be a lawyer but there were no law schools in our border region so I left for another state, and didn’t return. A lot of brain-drain occurs on the border because of a lack of opportunity, so shining a spotlight and creating incentives there is a boon.

Now, as a homeschool mother, I’m also pleased for school choice to be encouraged in the Hispanic communities. I hope President Trump’s efforts can wrestle influence out of the hands of LULAC, La Raza, and MALDEF all of which seem to advocate on behalf of illegal aliens (such as fighting against voter id and e-verify) rather than on behalf of the average American of Hispanic descent.

Viva Trump!

• Alli says:

Indeed!

• I agree, Summer. I don’t understand either. The news in Tyler, TX did a story about June 7th is designated as black owned business day and all blacks should shop at the black owned businesses. Why is that different than small businesses Saturday? I guess to not be racist and to be inclusive then blacks want to be singled out? I just don’t get it.

• Mathias says:

When is President Trump going to meet at the White House, with the leaders of the NAANCP?

• madeline says:

Agree!

3. Eaglet says:

God Bless you President Trump.

4. Henry says:

The press must hate that opening!

5. trapper says:

40% of the Hispanic vote and 2020 is a blowout Trump Landslide.

• Kb says:

Don’t forget what I think will be 15-20% African American vote. Look how Biden is now going back to the middle class after pandering to the radical left with “Build Back Better”, they know they are in trouble.

6. BuckNutGuy says:

When will there be a BuckNutGuy Prosperity Initiative? Oh wait…. I don’t need the Gov’t to give me initiative. I have plenty of my own…

7. truthbomb says:

Well timed EO given the AMLO visit yesterday heaping praise on POTUS. Can only wonder how these events plus all the focus on “black lives mattering” more than Hispanic lives is moving poll #s.

8. JCM800 says:

Where’s the Italian Prosperity Initiative?
    Korean?
    Japanese?
    Greek?
    Justice and the Perception of Equal treatment does not allow the singling out or advocating for one group.

Just release some more Federal Convicts, Empty out Death Row. Give them back their Voting Rights like Jared and Ivanka want. That could get a few more votes. No big deal, anything for votes. Right?

• JCM800 says:

I’m not the only one who thinks it wrong, ATM I done with this, as I can only add obscenities.

• Marc says:

Which groups are prospering and which groups are not? Answer that and you’ll have your answer. IMO, get over it and get the hell off your high horse.

• JCM800 says:

You don’t want Equal
        You want preferential treatment.
        You want Amnesty for Illegals. You posted it yourself.
        You are no Patriot, nor Conservative.

• Marc says:

Not once have I advocated preferential treatment due to race. You got a problem with my position on DACA then you also have a problem with POTUS’ position on DACA because they’re one in the same.

As far as my patriotism or conservatism, I don’t care who you are or what you’ve done, you have no basis to judge my love of country off a couple posts. You don’t know me from any other Treeper.

9. stats_guy says:

PT is going to need all the help he can get. I watched a little of Biden’s speech today…I heard Buy American, Unions, Infrastructure. The left knows how to win on these issues. Move to the center

Now I assume they’ll blame PT for the anarchists and assorted far-leftists and that if we hire Biden it will all go away…a kinder and gentler country…we promise. So all the subversive theater of the last 4 years goes away, Uncle Joe will take care of us.

I worry that this may be saleable, since the press and all other institutions (public and private) have an united front, with no quarter given to PT.

The left has 24/7 for 4 years for this. Audacious doesn’t begin to describe their efforts.

• Bec74 says:

It is sellable to gullible people, unfortunately. People are tired of the constant negativity in the news. The media will end all of the bitter fights with a Biden election. That is why Biden is taking this approach. He stealing from Trump’s message of economic nationalism because Americans support it. However, we know he does not mean a word he is saying. They will say anything and deceive anyone to get back into power. It’s imperative that we get everyone we know who leans Republican and leans towards voting for President Trump to the polls in November. We must vote all of them out of office and get the president re-elected.

10. trapper says:

Heh heh heh. It sets up the objection “Hey! Where’s my BLACK initiative?”

Glad you asked. Wait. You mean Black Lives Matter isn’t delivering anything useful for you? Well, come over here and take a look at what MAGA has already done for you, and what it will continue to deliver. We got the goods. What’s BLM got?

Trump :Landslide 2020
    peelin’ ’em off one group at a time

• Ninja7 says:

Trapper, I like the way that you gave your perspective.
      Something to the effect of “What the He|| Do You Have to Lose”

Also, when President Donald J Trump brings back the economy. There will be many splodey heads, since the former president (intentionally lower case p) CAN’T take any credit for it.🤔🤗😁😁😂🤣

11. geoffroicc says:

Passing anything in politics is about building a winning coalition. Elections for representatives may be won one vote at a time, but legislation gets passed when enough representatives support something.

Latinos are a great body for a coalition. They come from a fairly uniform religious and cultural background. They speak a common (and minority) language. They have come to the US to escape civil war, economic dislocation, and other factors. They are looking for an opportunity. Strong males are seen favorably.

They are a natural part of the Trump coalition. My understanding is that they are not turned off by the border wall. A protected place with a rule of law is just what they are looking for. They are naturally conservative. !Bienvenido! !Hacer Estados Unidos Grande Otra Vez!

12. northwoodswatcher says:

The election experts on both sides have the demographics of the groups that they are targeting through their polling, marketing, outreach — whatever you want to call it — sliced and diced by ethnicity, sex, income, geography, age — you name, they track it.

The demonRATs have always always always openly engaged in race pandering. Today’s euphemism is “identity politics.” Bottom line, if Trump rips a significant percentage of soccer moms, black males, and Hispanics off the demonRAT plantation, demonRATs take a face plant not just at the national level, but at the state and local level too.

The fly in the ointment continues to be the separate track down which the demonRATs’ voter fraud division operates. This is a massive effort. The GOP doesn’t have a voter fraud effort, and, until recently, they also haven’t had a voter fraud eradication effort.

Suffice it to say, demonRATs would be on life support WITHOUT their stupendously well-oiled vote manufacturing, switching, stealing, stuffing, suppression, intimidation, and destruction operations.

This isn’t a fair fight. The demonRATs have always been a down and dirty and rabble-rousing bunch of racists and perverts. No crime is too big for them to commit in service of stealing elections.

NO crime.

13. GB Bari says:

Seem to be some who just cannot understand or tolerate anything less than 100% across-the-board American purity in any and all political actions. It is an admirable goal.

I give the President high marks for recognizing the current state of politics in this country and, while trying to change it for the better, he must work with what he inherited after 50+ years of identity politics being played masterfully by the Left (and ignored by the Right to their own detriment) until it has been embedded in the psyche of a large percentage of the population.

I, too, want an ideal America where, to paraphrase MLK Jr., we are not judged by the color of our skin (or our ethnicity) but solely by the content of our character. We aren’t there yet.

But at less than 17 weeks out from the election, a little genuine boost to the ego and pride of a relatively large voting bloc within our country by the President is not a bad thing.

• Marc says:

Some folks want to pretend racial identity isn’t an actual thing. Sure, I’d like for us to all simply be Americans but society doesn’t work that way. It never has and I’m not sure it ever will. We can acknowledge we’re different in shared cultures, beliefs, notions, experiences, etc. while at the same time loving and respecting one another without partiality. I can’t seem to understand why some believe those concepts to be mutually exclusive.

14. LafnH20 says:

Transcript of Executive Order on the White House Hispanic Prosperity Initiative

15. LafnH20 says:

From the link… ☝

Sec. 4. General Provisions. (a) This order supersedes Executive Order 13555 of October 19, 2010 (White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanics), and section 1(u) of Executive Order 13889 of September 27, 2019 (Continuance of Certain Federal Advisory Committees).

16. Troublemaker10 says:

• Sure, I will make my shopping decisions accordingly. I have seen Goya products in my kitchen since childhood. My next shopping trip will have A CART FULL OF GOYA PRODUCTS FOR MY KITCHEN! And if you don’t like it, “Jódete,” and “Vete pa’l carajo,” as we say in Puerto Rico.

God Bless America.

17. kookooracharabioso says:

Wow. I wrote a long commentary about why I think this pandering is not just a bad idea but could very well cause harm at the polls but WORDPRESS disappeared it! I have been told that WORDPRESS is censoring me. I can’t imagine why but here we are. Excuse me but WORDPRESS SUCKS!

18. kookooracharabioso says: