Tuesday July 7th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

89 Responses to Tuesday July 7th – Open Thread

1. citizen817 says:

• Guyver1 says:

Czarowniczi, for many years, a couple of them used to nest on top of a lamp post with four arms at the top, at a parking lot across from my apartment. Many good, beautiful and funny memories. One of the funniest- one day, the male was out hunting for his family. The female was at the nest with their 4 babies. All of a sudden she jumped up to the edge of the nest, turned around and looked down into it, wide eyed, the expression on her face was like, “What?!!!” 🤯🤯🤯!!! I could see the heads of the babies popping up and down all over the nest, all 4 were running around so fast she had to jump up to the edge of the nest so they would not run over her. She was looking at them like, “You’re all nuts!!!” 🤪🤪🤪🤣🤣🤣. Reminded me of my own children when they were kids 🤪🤪🤪🤣🤣🤣. All little ones, no matter what species, act the same 🤪🤪🤪😂😂😂. God, I love nature 😃🥰🤗💖🙏…

2. citizen817 says:

• Guyver1 says:

Yesterday was a sad day for music lovers. Another great one, Italian composer Ennio Morricone, passed away at age 91 due to complications from a broken thigh bone 🙏😢🙏. He was the composer for the Clint Eastwood “Spaghetti westerns”.

3. Deplorable_Infidel says:

For Just Being Here

By Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

When you sigh for heaven, remember:

“…Christ…loved the Church, and gave Himself for it…That He might present it to Himself a glorious Church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish” (Eph.5:25,26).

Too readily we forget that Christ loves us infinitely more than we love Him; that He paid the penalty for our sins on cruel Calvary and shed His life’s blood that one day He might have us for Himself to share His glory with Him forever.

Surely, then, He would rather have us at His side in heaven than here in this scene of sin and sorrow, and sickness and death. We should bear this in mind when we long that we might leave this world and go to be with Him.

But there is more: The Saviour, who was exiled from this earth, and is, even now, rejected by men, has not yet rejected them. Rather, He has left us here as His ambassadors on hostile territory, to plead with his enemies, praying them “in His stead” to be reconciled to God, assuring them that He has done all that is necessary to effect a reconciliation (IICor.5: 20,21).

And this is His attitude toward mankind now, though the prophetic Scriptures declare so emphatically that man’s rejection of Christ was to be — and will be — visited with the severest judgment (Psa.2:4-9; Acts 2:16-20).

But not yet! Though man had declared war on Christ (Acts 4:26,27), He did not yet make a counter-declaration, but interrupted the prophetic program to save Saul of Tarsus, the leader of the rebellion and sent him forth to usher in the present “dispensation of the grace of God” (Eph.3:1-3).

This is why, in His love and compassion, He leaves us here still to plead with His enemies: “Be ye reconciled to God”. And what about His special love for us? Entirely apart from rewards earned by service or suffering for Him, God will richly reward us (II Cor.4:17) just for being here as “ambassadors for Christ”.

Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
    26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.
    21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Psalm 2:4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
    5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.
    6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
    7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
    8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
    9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel.

Acts 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
    17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
    18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
    19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
    20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

Acts 4:26 The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ.
    27 For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,
    2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
    3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

2 Corinthians 4:17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

4. Lucille says:

Having watched music videos half the day on Monday, I discovered this rendition of Freddie Mercury’s “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Luka Sulic…and it’s superb. Luka is the music partner of the man whose vid I posted yesterday, cellist Stjepan Hauser. They took a leave of absence from their 2Cellos duo to perform solo, though they will start performing again in 2021. I really love this….

• Garrison Hall says:

I first heard this around, I guess, ’76 or so and was just blown away by the whole doggone thing. Freddie Mercury chose to play it in a rock idiom but it was clear that the movie going on in his head was an opera. And like great operatic melodies, this one is timeless. Even when it is played in a classical idiom like this the melody holds it’s own, easily lending itself to the sonority of a solo cello. Freddy wrote a real good song.

• GB Bari says:

This performance stands out very well on its own; I really liked it.
      I agree with Garrison, the song is exceptional as it can be successfully adapted to many modes of instrumental arrangements, as well as some impressive acapella versions…

5. Sepp says:

. . . but deliver us from the Evil One.

6. Lucille says:

I also happened upon this video. This young man’s reaction just might have you in tears. Certainly did me.
    FIRST TIME HEARING: Luciano Pavarotti sings “Nessun dorma”
    REACTION (I’M SHOOK!!!)

7. Garrison Hall says:

Joan Chamorro’s jazz trio channels Jango’s violinist Stephane Grappelli. Joan’s violinist Èlia Bastida really gets it.

8. Whats the over and under on Epstein’s girlfriend making it through a week and still be alive ?

9. Lucille says:

Video: The Russian Origins of Black Neo-Marxism
    Monday, July 6, 2020

This new Glazov Gang episode features Gary Gindler, a conservative columnist at Gary Gindler Chronicles. Gary discusses The Russian Origins of Black Neo-Marxism, revealing how a white American of Russian origin became one of the founding fathers of the communist revolution in America.

10. Dora says:

• GB Bari says:

Ahh. So that’s what they meant by “flying fish.” 🤓

• czarowniczy says:

We have a couple of osprey that hunt our lake. Funniest thing is when they miss a kill, pancake into the lake and have to swim to shore. While they’re swimming back they’ll look over their shoulders as if to see if anyone saw them make that undignified splashdown.

• Guyver1 says:

Posted a reply to you, but I goofed up and it ended up close to the top. Check it out, it will make you laugh. I love Ospreys!

11. Dora says:

Peaceful.

12. Pale rider says:

I remember when ‘mighty python’ skits were funny because they were absurd. (Real life now)
    Founding fathers were all straight white men! They were willing to die for our country, to fight, and stand in the gap, to lead us into what we became. A free nation under God. They lead us out. Straight White men.
    I stated before, anything you put in front of God in your life becomes evil, anything behind is righteousness. Doesn’t mean you Will have all the same characteristics with him in first place, but it is your choice.
    It’s also a very good way to define a life, or the relationship they have with Christ. Sin is separation, death. That’s its definition not an attribute.

• Jim in TN says:

Our British heritage was essential to the development of our freedom. Many other Europeans partook and contributed, but very uniquely British practices and concepts as well as failed history, came together to make it possible.

It welcomed all who would participate. The Dutch in New York, the Germans in Pennsylvania, even the French, long standing enemies of the British. It even accepted assistance from freed slaves. I read that over 5000 American Patriots, who served in the Revolutionary Army were of African Descent. Even in the Battles of Lexington and Concord. Some of the shots heard round the world were fired by ex-slaves.

True, these concepts grew out of Europe. British Europe. Not Spanish, not Portuguese, not French, not Dutch, not German, etc. The French did participate in the Enlightenment. But very different circumstances led to very ghastly results. The French Terror in the form of communism and socialism is the biggest competitor to American freedom to this very day.

It is really sad. BLM and the CCP both suffer from white man’s delusions of Marxism. That is a cultural appropriation that the world could have done without.

The American freedom has proven accessible and beneficial to all. Caucasians of all sorts, Asians of all sorts, Africans of all sorts, everybody who chooses to partake is uplifted. Both here, and everywhere we have shared.

The French Tyranny kills to subjugate. Every time it is tried. They lie about equality and deliver misery, administered by an elite.

• TrumpPatriot says:

The Brits may have supplied the brains, but it twere the Scot-Irish who anchored this great country with their bravery and stubborn perseverance as they flooded the eastern settlements, plotted their 50 acres, (some becoming hundreds or thousands after the war with bounty lands), built their log homes in the inner valleys and mountain ranges and established militia which stood sentinel and fortified against invasions into the settled cities and estates, eventually contributing to the victory which gave to US….this most Unique and Special country we now in turn must fight to preserve.

13. Val says:

“O Lord, be gracious to us; we have waited for You.
    Be their strength every morning,
    Our salvation also in the time of distress.”
    Isaiah 33:2

14. Dora says:

15. Dora says:

16. MIKE says:

Sorry folks, I’m still thinking about Charlie’s passing, so I thought i would share a song with some of Charlie’s finest fiddle playing.
    Here he is weaving seamlessly around the late greats Toy and Tommy Caldwell, George McCorkle, et. al., AKA the Marshall Tucker Band.
    Charlie was pretty much an honorary “Tucker Boy”, If you like his work here, you can get you some more by listening up their album “Where we all belong”, with Charlie on several tracks but prominently on ” 24 hours at a time.”
    Can we still say, “the south’s gonna do it again!”
    Damn right we can. F**K these Marxist punks!

17. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day for Tuesday, July 7, 2020

“Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.”
    Psalms 150:6 (KJV)

18. just stevie says:

ALL NOBLE THINGS ARE DIFFICULT

“Enter ye in at the strait gate…because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way…” Matthew vii. 13-14

If we are going to live as disciples of Jesus, we have to remember that all noble things are difficult. The Christian life is gloriously difficult, but the difficulty of it does not make us faint and cave in, it rouses us up to overcome. Do we so appreciate the marvelous salvation of Jesus Christ that we are our utmost for His highest?

God saves men by His sovereign grace through the Atonement of Jesus; He works in us to will and to do of His good pleasure; but we have to work out that salvation in practical living. If once we start on the basis of His Redemption to do what He commands, we find that we can do it. If we fail, it is because we have not practiced. The crisis will reveal whether we have been practicing or not. If we obey the Spirit of God and practice in our physical life what God has put in us by His Spirit, then when the crisis comes, we shall find that our own nature as well as the grace of God will stand by us.

Thank God He does give us difficult things to do! His salvation is a glad thing, but it is also a heroic, holy thing. It tests us for all we are worth. Jesus is bringing many “sons” unto glory, and God will not shield us from the requirements of a son. God’s grace turns out men and women with a strong family likeness to Jesus Christ, not milksops. It takes a tremendous amount of discipline to live the noble life of a disciple of Jesus in actual things. It is always necessary to make an effort to be noble.

Oswald Chambers
    July 7th Devotional

19. P says:

Special update from Amir along with Jan Markell (Olive Tree Ministries located in Minneapolis MN) — most of this is about America. Strong supporters of our President. Highly recommend listening.

20. P says:

Highly recommend listening to Pastor Farag’s message, too. Respectfully submitted.

21. Sepp says:

To Ponder

Let me ponder on the wondrous recognition by the elder, Simeon the Host of God (Luke 2: 27):

1. How this holy elder recognised in his spirit the Lord and Messiah in the feeble Infant, while the blinded scribes and Pharisees did not know Him, even when He performed wonders without number and revealed unheard-of-wisdom.
    2. How my soul also, which is grown old in its sins, cannot recognise the Lord.

From “The Prologue from Ohrid” by Saint Nikolai (Serbian-born Bishop who reposed in the USA and was a former prisoner at Dachau).

Today is June 24th on the traditional Calendar of the Orthodox Christian Church and July 7th on the civil or commercial calendar.

Apostles’ Fast

• Sepp says:

The Nativity of Saint John the Forerunner and Baptist of Christ

The Holy Gospel according to Saint Luke shares the account of the Forerunner’s birth.

June 24th Church Calendar / July 7th civil or commercial calendar

• mandy says:

Malachi says, in Chapter 3, verse 1:

“Behold, I send My messenger, And he will prepare the way before Me. And the Lord, whom you seek, will suddenly come into His temple, even the Messenger of the covenant, whom you desire. Behold, He is coming,” says the Lord Almighty.

Christ quotes Malachi’s prophecy of John the Baptist, in Matthew Chapter 11, verse 10:

For this is he of whom it is written:

“Behold I send My messenger before Your face, who will prepare Your way before You.”

Isaiah’s prophesy of John the Baptist is found in Chapter 40, verse 3:

The voice of one crying in the wilderness: “Prepare the way of the Lord; make straight the paths of our God.”

John, Chapter 3, verse 23:

Now John was also baptizing in Aenon near Salim, because there was much water there. And they came and were baptized.

• Lucille says:

“2. How my soul also, which is grown old in its sins, cannot recognise the Lord.”

St. Augustine penned one of the most remarkable treatises on God touching a man’s heart and bringing him to confession and repentance and belief in the Savior…a short quote….

“‘You took me up from behind my own back
      where I had placed myself because I did not wish to observe myself (Ps. 20:13),
      and you set me before my face (Ps. 49:21)
      so that I should see how vile I was,
      how twisted and filthy, covered in sores and ulcers.
      And I looked and was appalled,
      but there was no way of escaping from myself.’”
      – Confessions. 8, 16) St. Augustine of Hippo

There is, indeed, hope for the greatest of sinners. Praise the Holy Name of Christ Jesus!

22. Merkin Muffley says:

Question: Can Emmett Sullivan be cited for Contempt by not responding to the order made by the DC Appellate panel that the Flynn case be dismissed? Does anyone know?

23. Paul Cohen says:

re: money laundering through Estonia

Wasn’t there a big aspect of Ukrainian scandals connected to Burisma and Hunter Biden, that involved money laundering via Estonia??? Someone remember more? I know I saw some references to it, will have to look…. money laundering via Estonia comes up today in article regarding Jeffrey Epstein…..

“Danske Bank’s Estonia branch was found in 2017 to be at the heart of possibly the biggest money laundering scandal in history. An estimated €200bn of suspicious transactions were discovered moving money out of Russia and former Soviet states.” [i.e., UKRAINE, see Burisma and oligarchs]

“Deutsche Bank acted as a correspondent bank for Danske Bank, helping it handle US dollars. Internally, Deutsche Bank gave Dankse’s Estonia branch its highest possible risk score as early as 2010, due to the volume of suspicious transactions flowing through the Estonia branch. However, it kept dealing with the bank.”

“In total, Deutsche Bank processed $267bn-worth of transactions on behalf of Danske Bank Estonia between 2007 and 2015, including $150bn from Russia and other former Soviet states.”

• czarowniczy says:

The West has known of the money laundering in Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia for many years now, they saw an opening to become a Switzerland without the controls Swiss banks are subject to. We were tracking some very interesting money transfers between various countries through the old Bloc countries to other laundering havens, also places you’d never expect…that was 2001.

This is money with a big ‘M’. Until someone makes a mistake in the laundering process that endangers the operation, or an unofficial investigation becomes so gross and obvious that it can’t be buried any longer, everything goes merrily on its way. It’s big money and big money has a life and power of its own.

Any y’all heard about investigations into how the Sinaloa Cartel could move drugs in Chicago for over a decade and move hundreds of millions in cash around and out of the area? You won’t.

24. 94corvette says:

As we’ve been hunkering down, here is a recommendation of a great movie for the family to enjoy. “October Sky” is the story of the ‘Rocket Boys’ from West Virginia who had the dream during the days following Sputnik of creating their own rocket. Wonderful inspiring movie and one to savor, one that is a true story.

25. Right to reply says:

According to NewsMax. Maxwell intends to sex tapes as her get out of jail free card!

26. P says:

So this is something Pastor Farag pointed out in his video posted further up this thread (although this info is from 2015). I cannot find this in the newest ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes but maybe someone who works with these codes would know if it is still listed but maybe under a different #.

27. topavalley says:

If you feel like laughing,

This funny cops explains how he makes arrests now.

After Mayor De Blasio wants to cut $1Billion at the police, there are now consideration about new tactics in the behavior at the NYPD.

28. Sepp says:

In honor of the Nativity of Saint John the Baptist

A Homily on the Holy Prophet, Forerunner and Baptist John

Hopefully the link works again

http://www.orthodoxinfo.com/general/fr-james-thornton-homily-holy-prophet-forerunner-and -baptist%20John.aspx

29. Sepp says:

In honor of the Nativity of Saint John the Baptist

A Homily on the Holy Prophet, Forerunner and Baptist John

Hopefully the link works again

30. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

31. auscitizenmom says:

A prayer for Justice Kavanaugh and Gen. Flynn:

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
    be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

32. terryjlongo says:

Good morning Sundance and Treepers, I’ve been meaning to write this for some time.

I want to express my gratitude to all of you. I have never prayed so intensely, deeply, and continually with my whole being as I have over the last four years, and even though I am primarily a lurker, whenever I read a post here, I also read all of your comments and know that I am not alone in the intensity of my prayers. And even though you of course have not been praying for me specifically, your commitment to prayer has carried me from time to time.

Thank you.