Inflection Points….

I have long felt that life is like a series of links in a chain. You might be driving down the road and you hear a song on the radio, or see a picture, and you feel a memory…. Something that reminds you of a different time and place than where you are right now.

You reflect.

The memories remind you of a totally different time in your life. Perhaps you lived in a different place. Perhaps you were surrounded by different people. Perhaps a different job or completely different friends.

Our reflection recognizes those memories like frozen moments in time. They become individual links in the chain in our life.

We never actually realize, in the immediate moment, when one link closes and another link begins. But when we look back, we can clearly see distinct points where things changed, the link closed, and a new link began. The links are only visible in reflection.

As we reflect we find parts of the chain in our life where each link closes and connects with the other. Yes, a beginning and an end.

At the point where the links are joined we carry parts of the previous link forward to the next. For many people those connections are bonded by family, or very strong life long relationships. Connections which continue beyond our geographic moments, jobs or temporary acquaintances.

But for everyone, the primary bonding agent brought forward from one link to the next is ourselves, our center, our values and core principles. Our beliefs.

The strength of the steel which comprises the links of our life is determined by forging in the fire of adversity, weakness, challenge, pain, loss, and painful growth. The steel is then cooled with the tears of triumph, hurdles overcome and resolve.

The forging makes the steel stronger and able to withstand the pressures that accompany the additional length. Slowly the chain becomes wiser as it lengthens. Able to reach further, form more significant benefits and become more useful.

Hope replaces fear. Love replaces loneliness. Success replaces adversity. These are successful links began and finished while contributing to the whole.

At times we may manipulate the links with avoidance. We hide from -or choose to avoid- an issue in our effort to begin a new link before the old one was naturally, and spiritually, prepared to be closed. Eventually as life continues, and the chain lengthens, the weak link can fracture and we are forced to revisit/repair what we originally chose to avoid.

You see, in life we cannot control the universal laws that guide us. So if we manipulate circumstances to avoid confronting our own weakness, we cannot fully strengthen our life of links. Eventually, the weakness of our past will impact our future.

So what do we carry from link to link? What core values and beliefs stay with us throughout the journey of our lives? The answers to these questions are what makes us human spiritual beings.

We possess freewill able to make choices about what we do, and how we define our individual humanity; but can we then define ’right’ and ‘wrong’ according to our individual principles? Or are there principles that exceed our influence and definition?

Are there natural laws of right and wrong, good and bad, that cannot be subjected to the determination of man? These are the bigger questions, perhaps the more important questions, and yet perhaps the ones we reflect upon the least.

Consider the example of the ‘Law of the Farm’ vs. the ‘Law of the School’. Natural principles vs. those made by man.

A student can skip class, take few notes, pay only half attention, then stay up all night cramming for a test and manage a decent grade. It depends on the students goal: grades or learning.

The student can choose to manipulate the education by avoiding the learning and capturing the grade. This is possible in the ‘Law of the School’.

However, a farmer cannot take short cuts. A farmer cannot avoid tending to the soil, preparing the seed, fertilizing and nurturing the crop, and still gain benefit of an abundant harvest.  The farmer must necessarily do all of the appropriate work in order to benefit from it. Such is the ‘Law of the Farm’, the natural law.

When one considers the weakness remaining within a poorly constructed and manipulated link, perhaps established by selfish choices and driven by avoidance and fear, one can be faithfully be assured those who have dealt dishonestly with us will have to visit the issues of their association again. Conversely, no amount of manipulation or avoidance on our own behalf is going to improve the frailty of any link without first resolving the lack of character which created the weakness.

So we have choices in our lives. Decisions we each make regarding how we interact, and participate in the lives and links of others; as well as how we choose to construct the links that compromise our own lives. Do we base our sense of purpose around natural principles? Principles based on natural laws of right and wrong, good and bad, truth and lies.

Do we forge strong links based on following our heart, our values? If we can interact with others absent of a prideful self-driven agenda, or manipulative intent, we can then apply such principles and strength to our endeavors.

If we protect the integrity of the soil upon which we build the foundation of our lives, we can live without regret.

If we fertilize and cherish our crop, and the crop of our neighbor, with honesty and sincere appreciation for the souls we meet along our chosen path, we will live a life of abundance.

If we tend carefully to the consideration of everyone, yet holding true to our values and principles, we can strengthen ourselves amid the face of adversity and disenchantment.

If we do not hide from, nor ignore, our individual and collective faults, we can build the chain of our life with strength, humility, and purpose.

I wish for each of you the very best of life.  A long chain of bold, strong, beautiful links, polished with the reflective brilliance of Love.

~ Sundance

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Robert Frost (1874 – 1963)

This entry was posted in Celebrations, Quotes, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

332 Responses to Inflection Points….

1. directorblue says:

Well, when it’s all written down, I suspect you and your efforts will go down as the Thomas Paine of our era. G-d willing.

• Joe says:

You have just started a VERY fascinating conversation.

• The Boss says:

Funny you should mention Thomas Paine. I was thinking about Paine’s ‘Common Sense’ earlier today, and how influential it was in building enough public support to make the Declaration of Independence a reality, and the Revolutionary War successful. We are on the cusp of something similar IMHO.

• islandpalmtrees says:

You may be right.

But, I am taking this statement from Sundance “I wish for each of you the very best of life. A long chain of bold, strong, beautiful links, polished with the reflective brilliance of Love.” to mean good bye.

If this is so, it could be for many reasons.

I have a story that could apply. Many years ago. I climbed a tower that stood very high. On the top platform of this tower hung a robe several feet out. When I reached the top I looked back and realized the climbing down the way I came was dangerous and jump for the rope was going to be even more dangerous, but faster. No-one was holding the rope.

I took the jump for the rope and lived to talk about it.

Believe Sundance is about to make his jump for that rope. Good Luck!

• coolmamie says:

I have no idea why you interpret those words as a goodbye from Sundance. Others agree with you.

I hope not – and truly doubt it. The mission is far from over.

• islandpalmtrees says:

Please review Sudance’s next article.

“Act or Be Acted Upon…
            Posted on July 6, 2020 by sundance”

• islandpalmtrees says:

Sundance said:

If John Durham and Bill Barr deliver the brutal truth this summer, then a series of releases of information will hopefully enhance their sunlight. However, if they do not deliver the big ugly truth of it – then I will initiate events. Or I’ll go down trying.

• ;D. In my world Sundance has already earned his very own spot in American history. Friends and family look at me like I’m suddenly smarter after they followup on my referral to this site.

2. FofBW says:

Beautiful Sundance! a lot of reflecting going on there in the Tree house I think.

Trust in God, the son and the holy spirit.

• Raptors2020 says:

Discussion and contemplation of broad philosophical points is always more valuable and rewarding than discussing what Romney or Miss Lindsey, Schiff or Pelosi said this day.

Romney and Senator Graham will become liberal democrats when the time is right. Schiff or Pelosi will deny what they said five minutes ago, and the liberal media will support them. Why waste a second of your life on this human detritus?

The American Idea is under assault. Other than your family and your God, little else matters.

• A Moderate Man says:

Right on brother!

• I couldn’t agree with your more! Great minds discuss ideals and make plans. Small minds just tend to gossip about what other people are doing.

• James Carpenter aka "Felix" says:

Nihilism.
        What’s the use?
        You are defeated when you quit.
        Suicide (figuratively or even literally) is a recurrent “obvious” answer for many who grow fatigued and hopeless of their struggle.
        Modern physics and the age-old question of “free-will versus determinism” offers clues.
        If Man was not created by God, then Man had to have created God. Either way, every evidence we have that is verifiable in “peer reviewed” experiments leans towards that higher power which asks, nay, demands more of us. Don’t know why. Just is.
        Opt out or stick around, Sundance.
        Your place in the pantheons is already assured.
        Your place in Valhalla?
        Truly, the future is not yet written in stone.
        Perhaps opting out is not an option.

• Raptors2020 says:

Atheists become intensely superstitious beings, James. Not hyperrational. We’re seeing that now.
          They say “science” a lot. Global warming? Science, science, science – until you give up on arguing with them.
          Michael Mann, the hockey stick guy, has sued all his critics. When it comes time to produce the science – crickets.

The anarchists genuinely expect utopia to rise from the ashes, after their riots. That’s what CHAZ/CHOP was all about. If permitted, they would have sat in the dirt for years, awaiting the miracle.

All leftism is regressive. They want a return to feudalism. A few lucky, privileged elite, ruling a sea of peasants. That’s why our snobbish movie stars pretend at leftism: they assign themselves a place among the rulers.

Nihilism is half their value system. They hate their country and their culture, but they adore themselves. Hello, Obama, hello, AOC.

• Martin says:

Some people talk about other people, while others talk about things.

• FofBW, this is my like to your comment

3. nyetneetot says:

I needed to read that at this very moment. Thank you.

4. I recognize your description. I call it sequential awareness. Each previous incident/event/interaction brings you to this moment’s awareness. I like the way you worded it. And thank you for the hardwork in helping us to connect the dots in a world where no one can see everything.

5. jetsrkillinme says:

Uh oh.
    I think we’re done.

• bruzedorange says:

I think we Treepers just turned 17, and it’s 1942.

We’ve been watching all the war movies, admiring and cheering the high school seniors who went to the recruiting station and joined up, tracking the news reports from the war on a big, fold-out world map, collecting scrap metal, carving identification planes from wood, reading the paper and listening to the President’s fireside chats.

But now we’ve just turned 17.

Everyone knows, if you’re willing to get (or forge) your parent’s consent, you can enlist and join the fight before you turn 18. But, yeah, we could wait one more year. Heck, maybe the war will be won by November anyway.
      —-

We can always stay in the treehouse comforting ourselves with the fellowship of the like-minded.

We can always stay in the treehouse like graduate students at a university–and for the same reason: to experience stimulating learning in a confrontation-safe environment while congratulating ourselves for “knowing more” than the faces on TV.

We can always stay in the treehouse like journalists, ever engaging the process… ever learning… feeding on the latest examples of the cancer that threatens our country and the freedoms that would have belonged to our children and grandchildren.

But maybe, instead of praising the ideological heirs of Breitbart from the safety of anonymity in our treehouse perches, maybe it’s time for me and you to…

“Walk toward the fire. Don’t worry about what they call you. All those things are said against you because they want to stop you in your tracks. But if you keep going, you’re sending a message to people who are rooting for you, who are agreeing with you. The message is that they can do it, too.”

Wanna feel young again? Become that 17 year old in 1942. They weren’t the “greatest generation” then. They just knew what was right, and that there were no good options if right lost.

I’ll challenge myself, but using the second person imperative: have the guts and personal integrity to seriously ask God tonight what role He wants you to assume, what path He wants you to take, into which ears, which venue He wants to have your voice heard.
      Remember, minds and convictions are only changed one at a time.

6. Shirley Ann Stafford says:

Is this a goodbye message?

• gingergal says:

I was wondering that too…

• Perot Conservative says:

Taking a TO to write books? …

• delighteddeplorable says:

My first thought also, Shirley. This post combined with yesterday’s about a potential book from Sundance has me wondering. That said, the Chinese flu and all its attendant repercussions has certainly provoked a desire to reflect and rethink relationships of all kinds.

Time will tell and while it’s unimaginable not to have this marvelous Treehouse and its wonderful and brainy branch-sitters, Sundance is right…..”Hope replaces fear. Love replaces loneliness. Success replaces adversity.”

• SA Stafford says:

Truly heartbreaking if the end. I read here daily, but could not contribute substance to the conversations. Only through Sundance, and the contributions of many, putting the never-ending 2016- to-current chaos into perspective, did I keep faith in the goodness of mankind.

• MaineCoon says:

That’s how it sounded.

• Grandma Covfefe says:

That was my first thought, too.

I do recall Sundance, on his twitterrecently, talking about visiting couple of states in July and same in August and asking for suggestions on which states to visit. And I was thinking, how will he do that and continue to post articles here? So…. is he taking a well-deserved vacation?

Then there is that book talk.

And then….the reality that one can’t be doing certain things forever…….My dread? Sundance leaving here for good. But ….If it’s true I’ll understand with Utmost Respect, Love and Appreciation.

Same with President Trump. We have invested so much of our time, energy and emotions into Candidate Trump/President Trump, fighting for him and for our country. With Sundance pointing the way, we have spotted the enemies…those snakes we let in that President Trump warned us about. We know who the enemies are but we also know President Trump can’t be President forever. New Links will follow…to keep our country strong, God Willing.

Meanwhile…we must…we must…we must win this election.
      We Love You, Sundance. Beautiful Inflections. (One of my kids and I were talking about something similar last night and early this morning-so i’m a little spooked by the timing of your inflection points!)

• floridagirllinda says:

Sundance, you have been and ARE right now, a light in the darkness. You’ve been given an assignment from God and there is no way in HEL that I believe you’re going to abandon your post and leave the army of followers who are listening for God’s truth.

• WSB says:

I am not quite seeing that.

SD is wishing US a long chain of bold, strong, beautiful links…maybe a bit of wisdom before jumping into the abyss. Wishing this group to try and stay linked no matter what.

SD may be wishing us to be a strong enough chain during this uncertain time.

Forty days in the desert? An inflection point?

Godspeed, SD. Just let us know where to meet.

• fionnagh says:

“SD may be wishing us to be a strong enough chain during this uncertain time.”
        He built that:)

• Long ago, I called for a Treeper Army on one of the threads, and possibly another or two as well… it’s been that long ago! lol

I’m still hoping that this is an option, just imagine what a formidable force we could be with a President Trump and a General Sundance to coalesce under in taking the fight to the next level for the good of our nation!

It could be, I think it would be, AMAZING. No matter what, I love it that he has come to that area where ACTION is required to help expose and defeat the actions/activities of the evil ones among us!

7. flova says:

There is a cosmic God link between us all

And death shall have no dominion
    Dylan Thomas – 1914-1953

And death shall have no dominion.
    Dead men naked they shall be one
    With the man in the wind and the west moon;
    When their bones are picked clean and the clean bones gone,
    They shall have stars at elbow and foot;
    Though they go mad they shall be sane,
    Though they sink through the sea they shall rise again;
    Though lovers be lost love shall not;
    And death shall have no dominion.

And death shall have no dominion.
    Under the windings of the sea
    They lying long shall not die windily;
    Twisting on racks when sinews give way,
    Strapped to a wheel, yet they shall not break;
    Faith in their hands shall snap in two,
    And the unicorn evils run them through;
    Split all ends up they shan’t crack;
    And death shall have no dominion.

And death shall have no dominion.
    No more may gulls cry at their ears
    Or waves break loud on the seashores;
    Where blew a flower may a flower no more
    Lift its head to the blows of the rain;
    Though they be mad and dead as nails,
    Heads of the characters hammer through daisies;
    Break in the sun till the sun breaks down,
    And death shall have no dominion.

8. jetsrkillinme says:

That’s what I’m afraid of.

9. Mad Mike says:

I get the feeling you’re leaving the Bat Cave…

• WSB says:

But not necessarily leaving us behind.

• No matter what Sundance is or isn’t doing, the LINK will always be strong among those of us that have been blessed to enjoy his work, learn from it, and grow as a result of it!

And, just like yesterday’s post wasn’t about a “book” per se, this may not be what so many here think it is, but rather a new chapter for all to share if interested and willing to take the next step in helping restore our Republic!

Either way, “SD” is truly one of a kind and I would be honored to follow his lead into working double time in RL to confront the evil among us who seek to destroy our nation while enriching themselves, ETC… to be continued! Either way…

10. CET says:

God Bless, and thanks so much for fighting the fight.

11. Dutchman says:

This entry, coming on the heels of the “book” posting, it seems Sundance is weighing some mighty decisions, perhaps even has reached the point of forming a new linc in his chain?

Praying for you Sundance,…

12. jetsrkillinme says:

I’m not doing that on purpose .

13. James W Crawford says:

Quoting Robert Frost is racist!

14. warrenjay13 says:

When I stumbled upon your Tree five years ago, I climb up the branches and have enjoy the fruit several times a day. Thank you Sundance.

• ChefABay says:

Likewise… Thank you for all that you do Sundance… Godspeed!!

• Grandma Covfefe says:

Five years ago this month for us, too. Sundance saved our sanity when we were struggling to make a decision to dropped ‘conservative turned into liberal’ The Orange Counter Register that we loved and had been subscribing for 40 years. And we never looked back with regret. TCTH was and is our ‘5 year old new’ Link.

Blessings to everyone….and….Persist forward we must.

15. 4sure says:

Sundance, I sense, perhaps wrongly, that you have come to a crossroad with your work at CTH and are going in a different direction. A direction that you trust will bear fruit in bringing action against the criminals in DC that you have devoted 4 yrs. in exposing, but no one in a position to act has lifted a finger to bring them to justice.

If I am correct, God speed and good luck. You will have the support of millions of patriots.

If I am wrong, God speed and keep exposing the crooked bastards.

16. tucker10 says:

Not sure why but I felt a squeeze in my chest that forced a tear in my eye while reading this. Maybe fear Sundance is heading off into the sunset is the cause. But a beautiful inflection none the less!!

17. Uhap says:

Beautifully stated. Know that your path is important. I come here first to get a deeper view and understanding of the issues of the day. And what I learn from this site I try to pass on to those that can hear. Thank you, sir.

18. Impossible says:

Thank you Sundance for this meaningful and poignant allegory: truly our life is made up of links in a chain; and sometimes a painful link must be ever-bound in that chain as both a lesson and a step toward hard-earned wisdom.

I might add that the metallurgy of our chain is also intimately linked to our collective culture; the past of which is intrinsic to who we are. As I watch a rebellious segment (small but given the megaphone) attempt to rewrite or delete that culture I fear for the composition of our collective chains.

Thank for your wisdom and prose.

19. Yes – values – not goals, and not avoidance of pain or seeking pleasure – I like to live my life and make decisions like I am in the process of writing my obituary.

Thank you Sundance – this is moral courage that builds what is eternal –

20. Genie says:

Mine is more like Aretha’s “Chain of Fools.” Chain, chain, chain.

21. TreeClimber says:

I would guess you have decided to become the next Breitbart. We’re praying for you, Sundance.

22. Timing…Sundance, your timing is great! I spent hours in reflection after the fireworks stopped and a firefly silently blinked as he flew by. We possess freewill, able to make choices about what we do, and the wiser heart considers the consequences to ourselves, our loved ones and even strangers. What I once thought was the strongest link in my chain turned out to be a carabiner…
    Live, learn and try not to conveniently forget what you know.

23. Lovearepublican says:

I hope this isn’t a goodbye…not before the election! I come hear to read sanity…and find comfort. Please say it isn’t so!

24. Thank you for sharing this with us Sundance on this beautiful fine day. I am often thinking about these type of things to find balance in life.
    Belonging to a 12 step program these are things we discuss on a routine basis, how to live our lives with humility and purpose along spiritual principles. Quite the “law of the farm” I should think.
    I love the Robert Frost poem and to remember life is a journey not a destination.
    God Bless.

25. FreyFelipe says:

In the mind there is no absolute or free will; but the mind is determined to wish this or that by a cause, which has also been determined by another cause, and this last by another cause, and so on to infinity.
    – Baruch Spinoza

• Uncle Al says:

Spinoza was mistaken. In the mind there is an absolute, a free will to eschew thought, to not wish this or that or to wish anything at all. There are too many who exercise that choice to stop choosing.

• James Carpenter aka "Felix" says:

Spinoza did not have the advantage of looking at the universe in “quantum” terms. He may not have even heard of “Brownian Motion”.
        We all are left to discern with incomplete, sometimes misleading data, truth from error.
        TWO STEPS FORWARD, SLIDE ONE BACK.
        BUT NEVER.
        NEVER GIVE UP.

26. Mike M. says:

Great and inspiring Essay. Thank you very much.

27. MaineCoon says:

In yesterday’s article, Independence Day Reflections, we were asked what would we save if there was one thing from our stories, poems, songs…. and I posted Robert Frost’s “The Road Not taken”.

As I read this article, “Inflection Points’, with Frost’s poem referenced, I immediately thought Sundance’s message was introspective; choosing the narrow pathway after his “Do You Really Want The Book Post?”. Closing one door; opening another. A new link.

Frost’s poem left an indelible mark on my life many decades ago. It seems that Sundance is facing the fork in the road, facing one very narrow pathway and less traveled; and as Treepers we too face the fork in the road to follow or to not follow.

The right path in life is always the less traveled road – taken by very few. It’s a lonely path, but one has to live with one’s choices and answer to God for them.

I feel like something is ending here. It is our last refuge. May we still have refuge in the road ahead.

God bless you all.

• WSB says:

MC, I do not know if ‘this’ is necessarily ending;

I hope I am reading that SD wants us to continue to keep the chain linked. However, I believe SD is embarking on a mission that will nessitate us to keep that strength alive in his absence. Somewhere.

Yes, may God bless all tonight.

• Dixie says:

For the first time in my life, words escape me……..

• WSB says:

I think we may be in for a bit of a bumpy ride…

• Dixie says:

I find all of this scary including what I’m reading today. Hope you personally have a good handle on things in New York.

• WSB says:

With a few family events occurring, I am now thinking about selling everything and drastically changing this part of peraonal futures.

Just not sure what to do yet.

Sometimes, we need to to understand what the chain means.

It just so happens that SD’s repost hit a nerve, as I have been going though the same questions recently.

Hope you are OK and settled, Dixie!

No matter what, always keep the faith!

❤️🙏🇺🇸

28. NJ Transplant says:

Thank you Sundance. That is really beautiful. I know I feel like I took the road less traveled.

29. anthohmy says:

Thank-you dear being.

30. coastermomohio says:

Sundance, I found this site just about the time of the “Big Ugly”. I had been a huge follower of Andrew Breitbart. I remember the day I opened up the Drudge Report and saw that he had passed. I felt like I had lost a friend or a family member. I tried to follow his site but it wasn’t the same without him. I had had it with just about every link on Drudge. Then one day I saw the link to this site on the Free Republic. I remember chuckling to myself when I read “The Last Refuge” because I knew It truly would be for me “The Last Refuge”. I’m not sure where else I can go. But you have given me knowledge and hopefully courage. I will always remember you saying “fight like an insurgent.” Not sure if you are sending us a goodbye message, but I won’t say goodbye. Just “see you soon”.

31. 335blues says:

I tend to see my life in bigger chunks.
    Every, oh, 6 or 7 years I seem to have found myself in a different ‘place’.
    I didn’t really notice it until I had passed through 5 or 6 of these ‘places’.
    I only saw the pattern by looking back in reflection.
    Then it was, okay, let’s see if the pattern holds, so I started
    looking to the future to see if a change, a new ‘place’ was coming.
    And it did.
    And it did again.
    It’s kind of weird when you get to expecting it.
    What has held it all together for me is FAITH.
    It’s all about faith. Everything.
    Faith that things will work out for the best.
    I can honestly say that GOD is and always has been my best friend.
    Sometimes, my only friend.
    I have faith that HE will help me again.

32. So, are we going to know it’s you, this new butterfly?

33. Spar Harmon says:

you ain’t dead yet soldier
    get up and chose your place

34. Hans says:

Yes I think this is a fond farewell.

In a way he has taught us like a father to a son. I believe that he is aware the big ugly will be a earth shattering event world wide…

I believed he read all our answers to the big ugly post and has come to the conclusion we are ready. Time to hand over the baton to us.

God bless you Sundance… May you Rest In Peace for a job well done.

MAGA

35. montanamel says:

There may also come a time, a new link if you will, when direct action in defense of our land, our way of life, and our very lives will require we all move to the sound of the guns.

That day may be fast approaching.

We have the knowledge from CTH and SD…

Do we have the ability to apply direct action — where and when needed to recover from these misguided missteps?

Many of us are schooled enough to know how and we certainly know when…. it just comes so late in our lives that we find ourselves unable to perform the needed actions – properly.

Make no mistake, we may not be fast runners or superman strong anymore….but, we can still flex our index finger as and when required…it just may take us a little longer to get into position.

Check 6

36. awake_millennial says:

hi all. Relax. This is not a goodbye message. Sundance has posted this many times before. To me, its a message to remind everyone about the bigger bigger picture. We are not just emboldened patriots seeking truth. There is also a standard of living our lives and how we have the freedom to affect others.

Its the harder road at times. And most definitely can rub against the grain of society, but also one that we must be encouraged to travel nonetheless. We are all linked. And if our individual links are weak, our collective link will break under pressure. Its not enough to simply read. We must be strong in our lives and hold ourselves up to better standards.

I’m not speaking for Sundance. Again this is just my take and how I am reflecting on it.

Strong soil, strong links, strong foundation. We are all children of God and we must do our part to be fair but firm in our hearts as I believe we are collectively at an inflection point in this country right now. My prayers are to you Sundance and to us all to be rock solid and to grow in our own lives in the months to come. Amen.

• amwick says:

Excellent points.. TY

• MaineCoon says:

Thank you for saying this had been posted before! I thought I was crazy when it was posted because I had read this recently but couldn’t find it by searching today! Recently I mistakenly hit on a hyperlink that took me back to another year’s post and I must have also stumbled on this one. It was so weird to read this today but not find the previous posting. So, again thanks. I’m not crazy after all!!

• romy911 says:

I also remember Sundance previously posting this. I’m not sure what to think.
        Thank you Sundance and God Bless you and your family.

37. amwick says:

If SD has decided to turn a page in his life’s book, I wish him well. I have always admired his superhuman efforts. His blog,, the tree house, has sprouted other blogs, so even if he decides to pursue other interests, he has left behind a legacy… And he has set a very high bar for shining light into the dark corners of our world.
    That being said, I cannot imagine slogging into the deep weeds of this 2020 election without his insight.

38. GB Bari says:

It’s an inflection point. Not an epitaph.

God will bless you with additional wisdom that will guide you, Sundance, through your next Link…..

39. LafnH20 says:

There is a Mystery that many call God,
    Manifesting as Universal Love,
    a set of Laws,
    and a Great Process.
    That Process works through
    each and all of us,
    and that Process is perfect.
    As we discover this fundamental truth
    in the journey of our lives,
    we find that wherever we step,
    the path appears beneath our feet.

DAN MILLMAN

40. Joebkonobi says:

Your writings have been a blessing. If you are choosing to take another path, I wish you only the best. I can honestly say that your website and Twitter site has significantly increased my knowledge and thus my life. I hope whatever path you take, we can follow. Godspeed Sundance!

41. madeline says:

This article was phrophetic for me on this day.
    “Our reflection recognizes those memories like frozen moments in time. They become individual links in the chain in our life” (Sundance).
    When we were first married we subdivided some farm property for a housing development marking the beginning of our life and work together. The name of our subdivision was “Mending Wall” after the poem written by Robert Frost, and similar to the poem you posted. A flood of memories came over me as that was 40+ years ago, three grown children, grandchildren and finally retiring. I began thinking about all the links as you described.
    Thank you Sundance for all you have brought to so many of us over the years. For me today it was personal and reflective in a precious way.

• MaineCoon says:

Frost is my favorite poet and this poem is beloved. I grew up in New England and there were stone walls everywhere, including our land. My mom used to says: “Fences make good neighbors.”

Here Frost is reading his “Mending Wall”.

42. TPW says:

The whole time I was reading this I was thinking of the history…the links….of our country…..and how they are trying to break and destroy those links……..

• Raptors2020 says:

TPW:
      The links..
      It’s July, and we have no baseball.
      Will we have football?
      I was warned long ago that communists want anomic individuals: you have a link to the government, and nothing else. No friends, no family. The quarantine is the excuse to break all links.

Nothing, nothing is worth this.

43. billrla says:

Cheer up, everyone. It’s a beautiful Sunday afternoon and we’ve all just enjoyed a deeply thoughtful and inspiring essay.

44. john another says:

Wonderful self examination

45. P says:

I had to look up what ‘inflection point’ meant and I think it means the same as this:

“Defining moments are things that happen in a moment of time that forever change someone for years to come.”

IOW, you’re never quite the same after an inflection point — and I guess that can go either way — bringing about good or not so good change.

46. MaineCoon says:

Sundance —

Without Trump we Deplorables would have no movement. We’d still be floundering.

Without General George Washington, our fight for independence would have failed.

Without you, Sundance, we will not have the truth behind our movement. There is no place else to go. I pray God will reveal to you how to combine the present Refuge of truth and move us all forward on the narrow road ahead as you lead the way.

Deplorables will follow where Trump leads us, but he will not leave us leaderless and floundering after 2024.

Don’t leave Treepers leaderless, Sundance. Continue providing truth that we cannot receive from anyone else. The Lord will equip you to do all He has called you to do — providing truth and confronting fraud. Praying.

47. TonyE says:

The Chain… oh yeah.

Young teenager, leaving the Old Country in an airplane. A whole unknown ahead of us for my mother and moi.

Moving to California, driving South on the Siskiyou Pass in the old Vega, with chains, Big Snow Storm in January of ’82. Coming up to an almost snow covered sign that said “Welcome to Sunny California”… 😉 THAT was actually funny, the heater in the Vega was great.

Births of our two children. I’ll never forget that.

Next week we celebrate our 34th wedding anniversary. Can’t go anywhere, no restaurants opened. I owe my wife an awesome 35th, maybe Hawai’i… the Big Island.

Breaking my arm for the 4th time, boy was I pissed. I got off the floor, forearm at a 90 degree angle, bone sticking the back side ( I didn’t see that ) so I was sooooo pissed… I pulled it straight and called 911. The worst part was the dislocated shoulder, best part the morphine drip all night long at the hospital.

Funny, how those events, and others, do stand up in the fog of memory.

I mean, what did you expect me to do, wait for the paramedics with my arm twisted like that? What do you take me for…a wimp?

48. Publius2016 says:

July 4th weekend 2020 is the weekend Americans looked at each other and saw their future…Choose Antifa BLM SJWs and watch everything our parents, families, forebears disintegrate in a flash of fire and fury…

Choose America First and be a part of the greatest heritage the world has ever known as we travel to the moon, Mars, and beyond…work, family, security, peace and prosperity lay before us and the future awaits our children and their children…

Fake News can’t change the narrative no matter their imaginations because each of us know the truth…Dimms offer nothing but death…Globalists offer nothing but Total Control…45 offers us the chance to be best!

A National Garden…who knew? We need a National Garden! Peaceful Splendor…Natural flowers and quiet stone paths that celebrate our legacy our legends!

• Joebkonobi says:

Good point Publius. My reflections over the tecent tearing down of our history is that our Founders may not have been perfect but they designed a hell of a good country and we would not be America without their efforts. They are our foundation. We allow them to be dissolved and forgotten then America collapses on itself. Can’t let that happen. We are accountable to them.

49. This analysis of the Law of School v. the Law of the Farm is very insightful!

Applying that insight to technocracy . . . technocracy fails by operating under the Law of School. Our pseudo-meritocrats, most of whom went to Ivy League or other elite schools claim to be pragmatists and consequentialists. In reality, their idea of delivering results involve means, not ends = getting legislation passed, creating new government programs, etc. It doesn’t even occur to them to go back 10+ years later to determine whether their “achievements” actually delivered real world results to the people they’re supposedly serving.

But then they’ve always been rewarded for doing a great job on the PROCESS = completing assignments, designing new programs, getting programs funded, looking and sounding impressive . . . getting good grades.

50. T2020 says:

Really beautiful, Sundance. Your insights are so encouraging. It made me think of the first time God made Himself real to me by answering a heartfelt prayer within seconds that would affect the rest of my life. And I, too, have lately reflected upon the links in life, when one ended and the next began. Though sometimes muddy, the purpose becomes clearer over time. Wishing you and yours and all Treepers the peace that passes all understanding, the continued wisdom to get us through this time of obstacles, and to experience true unconditional love. 😇🙏