Here’s a video of the full event, and of the spectacular fireworks at Mount Rushmore; with some excellent pictures of the day’s events. Happy Birthday America.ENJOY:

Speech and Transcript Will Follow

Here’s the fireworks:

This entry was posted in Celebrations, Donald Trump, FLOTUS, Melania Trump, President Trump, Uncategorized, USA and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

100 Responses to Mount Rushmore Independence Day Fireworks and Celebration – Video and Pictures….

1. Donald Weber says:

Beautiful & Awesome! Fantastic speech & evening.

• hitgirl18 says:

Thank you for all you do for us, president Trump! We know it has not been easy or fair with all the traitors, perverts, and criminals as well as feckless weaklings, liars and extortioists we have in our own government!

• Bob Parker says:

What was there not to LOVE about SD last night?

Air Force 1 majestically flying in to land?
      President Trump’s OUTSTANDING speech!!
      The fireworks & Patriotic music!!

DAMN!! For those of us who start feeling down/depressed over the news & think that the Left is winning, just sit back & replay this video.

It made me cry.
      It affirmed my LOVE for OUR BLESSED USA!
      It made me thankful proud for all that preceded us & fought for this country.
      And it made me so THANKFUL for this WONDERFUL PRESIDENT that is leading us thru all of this EVIL & HELL that the Left is putting us thru.

4 MORE YEARS!!

2. Phil Free says:

Happy Independence Day!!

3. Troublemaker10 says:

4. Seneca the Elder says:

The most beautiful and inspiring thing was to see truly free Americans without masks, sitting together and enjoying an amazing Independence Day with our President Trump.

• TigerBear says:

YES!!!!! Canโ€™t upvote/like your comment but here is my like…….๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

• Deborah Fehr says:

Yes yes yes!

• flova says:

Masks are meant to depersonalize us-the collectivists cannot have free thinking individuals running around if they want to implement their communist regime.

PT should never wear a mask and neither should we. In each state’s mandate there are exceptions–use them.

I live in the next Seattle with Mayor Stoney and Blackface in cahoots here in Richmond Va. The thug Stoney just presided over the historic statue of Stonewall Jackson on Monument Avenue. Evil doesn’t begin to describe this subhuman garbage.

Yesterday i had to take an hour drive to Farmville going through Amelia, Nottoway and Prince Edward counties–stopped at a few country stores, antique places–NO one was wearing a mask–it was like I was in America again! The rural county people are the best! The guys are tough looking hunters and the women look like they can handle any type of firearm. It’s so bad in Richmond that we are actually looking for land and/or a house far away from this insanity.

The Mt Rushmore celebration has really emboldened us here. Thank you Pres Trump and Melania is stunning!

• flova says:

Meant to say ‘the taking down of the statue’!!

• Marc says:

I thought Gov. Coonman’s order stated no one can compel you to wear a mask but private businesses could deny you entry/service without one. If this isn’t true, then no more masks for me outside of my job. I had a Chipotle employee hassle me about a mask a while back so I don’t go there any longer.
          It’s sad how cowed and compliant folks are around here. And it’s true that the closer you are to the city, the more masked drones you see driving around and walking outside alone. In the suburbs, most don’t even care.

• Sunspots7 says:

Get the hell out of Richmond. Check out the counties surrounding Lynchburg. I agree with you — everyone out here is ignoring Gov. Blackface’s directives. Even in mostly liberal Lynchburg, the stores aren’t making their employees to wear masks either. Campbell or Bedford counties have low taxes. Amherst and Appomattox are okay too. Sane people, open land, Christian culture.

• whtdove7 says:

Absolutely agree with you Seneca!
      (The “like” button does not work)

5. Julian says:

Absolutely. A great night – and a new star is born.

Governor Noem for President 2024.

6. John says:

That was a beautiful speech. I hope that will be the blueprint for President Trump’s campaign speech. I think that would be such a powerful and winning message! We need a champion for our American heritage! I think most Americans want that. And I feel that it’s time to retire that Rolling Stone’s song. It doesn’t fit for this year. Maybe “The Best is Yet to Come.”

And, was that Vannessa Trump in the other audience box? And could that have been Barron at the end for the row to Vannessa’s left?

7. RyderLee says:

I missed seeing this whole event in Real Time
    and I just want to give a *Special Shout-Out
    to Sundance and Crew* for Posting the Video
    From Start to Finish of the Mount Rushmore Extravaganza !

Thank You , Sundance !

๐ŸŽ† Happy Birthday America ! ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

8. AustinHoldout says:

These are great still pictures of the event, especially the one where it looks like Trump is the 5th face on Mt. Rushmore.

So happy he found a venue where we didnโ€™t have to hear a governor whining or threatening to shut down an event. Iโ€™m sick to death of the disrespect our president receives. Perfect Independence Day event.

9. TigerBear says:

Thank you Sundance, I knew if I came here rather than searching Iโ€™d find the great Independence Day at Mount Rushmore with our awesome President! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ˜Ž

You Rock Sundance!!

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY

May God bless America ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

10. keystonekon says:

There are practically no words adequate enough to describe that momentous speech!
    Pride in our history, and our President just overwhelmed us.

The best was, so you donโ€™t like our history and want to tear it down? How about lots more statues, you heathens?!? SLAM DUNK!

Happy Independence Day! And, I so love the room they left on Mount Rushmore for President Trump! God bless you, Sir and keep you safe!

11. keystonekon says:

Pride in our history, and our President just overwhelmed us.

12. keystonekon says:

Pride in our history, and our President just overwhelmed us.

13. Steve says:

I’m watching this from Australia as an Aussie and wishing we had someone running our country with balls as big as The Don. You guys don’t know how lucky you are even with all the bullshit the fanatical leftist parasites are throwing at you. WE WILL PREVAIL. KAGA. TRUMP 2020.

14. joan says:

We love you so much Mr. President. Your base will never leave you. The harder they try the more we love you.

• RyderLee says:

Joan , Absolutely !!! Well Stated ! Thank You !

• swissik says:

The base (of which I am one) is not sufficient to re-elect the president. He needs to bring back the independents many of whom are unsure whether to trust him. The few that I know will not commit to vote for him. They say the will not vote for somebody else they will just not vote.

• sunspots7 says:

I call bullcrap on your “negative Nancy” post. After four years of outstanding accomplishments, the people you say are unsure are either isolated idiots OR do not exist except in your mind.

15. Sonia says:

“Against every law of society and nature, our children are taught in school to hate their own country and to believe that the men and women who built it were not heroes, but that were villains. The radical view of American history is a web of lies. All perspective is removed, every virtue is skewed, every motive is twisted, every fact is distorted, and every flaw is magnified until the history urged in the record is disfigured beyond all recognition.”

George Orwell 1984? No, President Trump 4 July 2020, both with identical truths.

• Sonia says:

There’s a typo error in the extract above of the President’s speech: “until the history is purged” (not ‘urged’)

• ledygrey says:

also, โ€œskewedโ€ should read โ€œobscuredโ€

• Sonia says:

Thanks, and apologies.

It’s one of the bravest and most powerful statements yet made by any President in the fight against the totalitarianism of the left and worth getting right. It is very unlikely to be fully quoted in the mainstream media.

The last sentence needs cleaning up, too. It should end “…until the history is purged and the record is disfigured beyond all recognition”.

16. Phil McCoxwell says:

This site and the people who post here give me hope every day. I read the Lords Prayer to start off my day and see what Sundance has to say about things. I am thankful for all of you and your kind spirits (even though I am sometimes a bit rough around the edges). I wish you all a happy 4th. God Bless.

17. cliffaheadwolvesbehind says:

Yup, I cried!

18. Fromseatoshinningsea says:

Beautiful words. Now we need action. I pray PDJT undermines the communists Marxists, CCP, traitors, and the rabid vermin that participated in organized mayhem. Expose BLM 5013c violations and impose the rule of law, introduce medical experts that expose the COVID scam and demand the reopening of our economy now, before we experience a depression, round up and imprison the organizers of the riots, go Lincoln on them, military tribunals superseding weak kneed defense lawyer. They’ll claim justice denied, with our republic in crisis we don’t give a damn. Release documents, all of it, expose the truth, expose whatever it is that the communists have over John Roberts’ head, expose that Kenyan fake president, rattle he who mocked the men on Mt Rushmore with pallets of cash in Iran, an act of aiding and abetting the enemy committed by the Commander and Chief, let that sink in. Crush any insurrection riots with force, defend the police, encourage their expansion. Again, I repeat, expose the scam that is COVID, reset the debt with China over the horrendous expense inflicted upon us by this act of chemical warfare.

This is for stsrters. If last night’s speech is followed up with inaction that glorious speech will be deemed just rhetoric and will further empower the forces poised to destroy evey vestige of America.

Happy 4th! God Bless America

• swissik says:

Fromsea: 100xthank you. You aptly state my expectations. If we only get 10% it will still be better than fiery talk and 0% action.

• sunspots7 says:

The communists must be ejected from this county. Why should they be allowed to stay here if they hate it, hate us, and just want to loot and destroy. They will only go back to their evil ways. Kick them out.

19. jmclever says:

I loved his speech because he dared to say what we all know about radical leftists destroying our country by ruining our children.

20. WRB says:

It was a great speech!

In other news, due to the fireworks, South Dakota is engulfed in a massive forest fire, just as the dems predicted would happen. /s

21. Deborah Fehr says:

Wonderful! best July 4th ever! Its so awesome that with everything being closed down and the leftist cancel culture under way…they paved the way to making the choice easy for everyone to watch, or go if you can…all the pressure off the Dems secretly wondering WTF the idiots are doing…
    THIS IS WONDERFUL!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!!

22. Dora says:

I remember when Mark Levin was a Never Trumper. Heโ€™s come a long way. ๐Ÿ™‚

23. thedoc00 says:

Skip any big city all together. Pick a national park out west. Plenty of visitors, room to add a few names in the future and better background setting.

24. Charlie says:

Thinking about the โ€œcalmโ€ Melania must bring to POTUS. What a beautiful person to rely on.

25. Will says:

Sundance, can you post a transcript of the President’s speech? I’d like to read it. Sounds like it was a good one.

26. Eric says:

Governor Noem’s speech was one of the best I’ve ever heard. She also thrust herself on the national stage with that one speech. I thought there was no way Trump could top it.

But he did.

27. ltravisjr says:

It looks like Kristi Noem landed on the map last night. I followed her from when she won her House seat in that 2010 red wave. Though from Illinois, somehow she followed me on Twitter, I guess from seeing tweets on my faith. Its gratifying to see people imagining her as potential POTUS. We would be blessed but I sure would hate to take her from her people in SD. She and them love each other so much. Listen to one of her covid press conferences (SD remained open) and just listen to how she trusts her people and is proud of them. Very instructive.

28. MaineCoon says:

I listened to the speech again the morning and look forward to Sundance’s posting of the transcript so I can save both. Truly a historical speech in more ways than one.

29. Jimmy R says:

Noem knew exactly what needed to be said. Truly incredible. How did she nail it so precisely?

Noem did not go to an eastern ivy-walled university. She put together some college here and there in SD, eventually getting a bachelor’s from SD state later in life.

Coincidence?

• swissik says:

This reminds me of something Thomas Sowell said in an interview: the road to hell is paved with ivy league degrees!

30. Fromseatoshinningsea says:

And…

Mr Pence steps aside, Gov Noem runs as VP, heads the 2024 ticket.

31. Jimmy R says:

That someone thought to play a Neil Young and Crazy Horse song or two at that event last night has me intrigued. (Crazy Horse!) Whose idea was it? Very cunning! I’m still hearing the first of the two tunes in my head “Hello Cowgirl in the Sand”. There was one other tune by the band but I can’t remember what it was.

32. CorwinAmber says:

BEST THIRD OF JULY EVAH! how can anyone disagree with me? Now onto the 4th…how can he possibly top this? Let’s watch…nothing about the man surprises me anymore, but occasionally I am amazed!

33. POTUS’s speech was definitely a Stephen Miller one…always powerful.

34. TradeBait says:

Even my cynical wife listened to every word of the speeches last night and said it was the best ever. She particularly liked leaving out the Sleepy Joe comments. I tend to agree – even the most ardent Dim knows he is off his rocker. Focus on the good stuff that PDT/patriots are doing alone with bringing justice to the leftist criminals. You want to see massive increases in voting for PDT – bring the application of justice to the attention of the whole country. Add in to reassure honest Americans that Dim election cheating has been addressed and will not happen.

Being a cheerleader for our VSGPOTUS I have no reservations about going ahead and scheduling the workers in to begin chiseling PDT’s face on Rushmore, although I still believe PRR needs to be up there with them.

• CorwinAmber says:

TRUE DAT! What magnificent bookends they would be: Ronnie and Donnie, so to speak. And, I betcha if our VSG negotiated the deal, it would be: build one and throw in the second at half price! Happy Independence Day everybody!

• Frankthebulbking says:

That would indeed be magnificent. They would also be immediate targets for the mindless leftists to attack.

35. freepetta says:

Thank you for this beautiful July 4 and for memorializing it.
    We love our country from sea to shining sea.

36. The Devilbat says:

Why was the fireworks display held on the Third of July instead of on the fourth?

37. In the vicious culture war that is dividing our nation, President Trump has taken the side of the United States.
    ~
    “We can infer several things: 1) Trump was effective. 2) โ€œDarkโ€ means he spoke about things the Left would prefer that voters not focus on. 3) The Left thinks it will lose the culture war.”

38. teabag14 says:

I could swear I saw PDJT tear up a little during the fireworks. โค๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

39. akaPatience says:

AWESOME SPEECH AND FIREWORKS DISPLAY!!!!

CTH is my #1 go-to website. Thank you Sundance!

40. TreeClimber says:

The boys stayed up way past their bedtime last night to watch. I’m not sure they really appreciated the enormity of the event, but I can say for certain I can’t wait to teach them in a few years about this period in our history.

41. Lucille says:

Wonderful celebration all the way around. Thank you, President Trump for a magnificent evening of patriotism and truth telling in your awesome speech. God bless you!

Independence Day, Without Fear or Apology
    July 4, 2020 11:30 AM By ROBERT SPENCER

As President Trump said in his historic Mount Rushmore speech last night, โ€œOur nation is witnessing a merciless campaign to wipe out our history, defame our heroes, erase our values, and indoctrinate our children.โ€

42. NJF says:

Iโ€™m still marveling over how epic this was. Right up there with that famous speech in Fl, and his inaugural address.

43. Troublemaker10 says:

• Kaco says:

Oh, I figured that while listening. I had to groom the dog while my husband watched the TV. I’m sure we’ll hear “Racist dogwhistle” or some bullcrap.

44. Tornarosa says:

Great Presentation by the President!
    For me, this one-minute was deeply meaningful

At first take, I thought this was patriotic braggadocio, but after a minute or two, I GOT IT.
    When President Trump said July 4, 1776 was the most important day in World history, he was pointing out that before that day, Every government in the World regarded its people as property, serfs, vassals, subjects and slaves.

Built on the ideas of the Scottish Enlightenment and earlier Christian authors, the significance of Jesus’ teaching that we are children of God and made in HIs image is crucial to internalize. Because we are made by God in HIs image, we have value. We are not dog doodoo. Therefore we have a Right to Live. And this is the essence of Natural Law.

Thomas Jefferson it in the Declaration of independence. ALL other rights are corollaries from this, including the Right to Defend your life, The Right to keep the fruit of your labor as long as it doesn’t infringe on others’ Rights. Even complex rights, like to a trial by a jury of your peers are logically derived from the first principle.

I believe President Trump is sharing with us July 4th, 1776 is not just a national birthday, and not just a celebration of our independence from England, but much more, a Worldwide day of liberation from slavery, serfdom, subjection to king, clergy, potentate or whatever, and elevated America to be a “shining beacon on a hill.” And this liberation empowered and unleashed the creative power of mankind like never before.

I am so thankful we have a President who gets this. This is the purest essence of American thought and philosophy.

• Kulak69 says:

More proud of our President and our SD Governor than I can express.

If nothing else, our current national travail is a refresher on the existential risks, danger and enormous stakes of the American Revolution. This is *why* freedom must be defended…and…

“God preserve the United States. We know the Race is not to the Swift nor the Battle to the Strong. Do you not think an Angel rides in the Whirlwind and directs this Storm?”
      – – JOHN PAGE TO THOMAS JEFFERSON, July 20, 1776

Happy 4th – !

45. Tornarosa says:

Thomas Jefferson said it

46. Got243kids says:

That was AWESOME!

Trump 2020! KAG!

47. Kaco says:

Great speech, great plans for this National Garden. We need the American Pride and Spirit back and we have to combat the communists.

Okay, does anyone have an interpretation of Melania’s choice of dress for the occasion? You know how she picks clothing with some meaning a lot of the time so can anyone analyze this one? Some observations, it’s not red, white, and blue and it has some kind of drawing on it.

48. Johnny Dollar says:

She closed out the event at Mount Rushmore with the Battle Hymn of the Republic.

Her voice was so strong and the intensity in her voice so moving, the words so inspiring that her performance seemed to be the perfect ending

49. Johnny Dollar says:

And catch those jump wings. And medals. Quite a woman.