On a regular basis, long before the Wuhan virus surfaced, Maryland was always one of the most leftist and regulatory states in the nation.  So it doesn’t come as a big surprise to see officials in Montgomery County, Maryland, present some of the most nonsensical rules to reopen their economy.  [Quite Remarkable Video Announcement below]

Pictured: Montgomery County Residents Listen to County Official Marc Elrich

After an extensive study and review by local scientists and public officials, you can go to a barber shop and/or beauty salon and get your “hair styled”, as long as the ‘styling’ doesn’t involve the actual cutting of the hair.   Apparently, in phase-1 the COVID virus can identify when scissors are present and the virus will attack with increased severity.

You can go to a church, as long as the going to church doesn’t involve the actual going into a building that would be identified as a church.  Worship services can only be provided outdoors, because the virus lurks in the building…… unless the building contains vegetables and is called a supermarket, and then the virus cannot enter the premises.

According to the local scientists who have analyzed the risks, you can now wash your car; however, it is only safe to wash the outside of the car.  If you attempt to clean the inside of your vehicle the virus will hunt you.  Interior car cleaning is forbidden.  No actual word on how you get your vehicle to a car wash without being inside it… but minor details are still a work in progress and will likely be addressed in phase-2.

You are now permitted to open retail businesses, but you cannot sell things from inside retail businesses.  Apparently the Maryland officials have discovered the virus is building and content specific. Therefore retail sales can safely happen at the curbside of the building; but patrons are forbidden from entering the establishment.

Purchasing a new pair of pants becomes less dangerous when the pants are not in a building.  Unless, duh, the building sells vegetables and pants, and then the virus doesn’t attack the pant purchaser because they are protected by the surrounding vegetables.

You are allowed to open and attend daycare and summer camps, as long as the camps remain outside.  During phase-1 of the opening, if a spring and/or summer storm starts, it is less dangerous to run around dodging lightning strikes outside – than if you were to enter a building or cabin where the virus is waiting to attack.

Given the hair salon scissor restrictions, in combination with rules for summer camps, running with construction scissors outside while dodging lightning is another undefined detail.  However, if you happen to be picking vegetables, you are immune from being attacked.  Vegetable picking inside or outside with scissors is therefore allowed.

Restaurants are allowed to open, but again all actual eating of food must take place outdoors.  To accommodate this safe dining approach, restaurants are encouraged to put all their tables in the street.

The Montgomery County dept. of transportation is organizing road closures to assist with the roadway dining.  So you might not be able to drive to where the restaurants are, but the outdoor dining experience should justify hiking to your table for the asphalt ambience.

Now, right about this point, if you are a person of reasonable constitution, you’re probably thinking this is so ridiculous it cannot really be what the Montgomery County plan is; all I can say is please watch the two short videos below.

Montgomery County executive Mark Elrich was visibly frustrated and perplexed that local citizens did not appreciate the wisdom of the panel of COVID compliance scientists that put together the reopening plan.  His announcement was a little less than well received.

WATCH:

The local news outlet did their best to help make sense of the madness; but judging by the looks on their faces, well…. I digress.

This entry was posted in Big Stupid Government, Coronavirus, Cultural Marxism, media bias, Occupy Type Moonbats, Professional Idiots, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

344 Responses to COVID Madness – Montgomery County, Maryland, Provides Nonsensical Rules for Opening…

1. mr.piddles says:

While we’re on the subject… let me give you all a little taste of the ABSURDITY up here in Pocahontas Country…

So Massachusetts “officially reopened” on May 18th. Ten days ago. May 18th.

But there was no specific plan, and, as one might logically conclude, nobody knew what “official reopening” was. Or, for that matter, IS… because TEN DAYS LATER we have this nuttery:

“Massachusetts expected to announce plan to reopen restaurants on Friday”

That’s not REOPEN restaurants on Friday… that’s ANNOUNCE *PLANS* ON FRIDAY to reopen restaurants.

OH… BUT IT GETS BETTER!!!!

FTA:
    “A source familiar with the state’s reopening plans says there will not be an immediate timeline on when the reopening happens, but recommendations will include mandating all outdoor dining and tables spaced at least 6 feet apart.”

So the “PLANS” being announced on Friday are not actually “PLANS”… on Friday they’re announcing a META PLAN for determining an ACTUAL PLAN to reopen restaurants.

More FTA…
    “The Baker administration unveiled a multi-phased approach to reopening the Massachusetts economy on May 18, but had not unveiled details on whether or how restaurants can resume in-person dining in the second phase of its statewide reopening plan.”

So, the Non-Reopening-Reopening on May 18th…. ten days ago. But with no actual plan for the future Real Reopening. Following this?

Now, of course, for the May 18th Non-Reopening-Reopening the government needed to establish a COMMITTEE (Blue Ribbon Panel, to be sure) to figure out what the post-May 18th Non-Reopening-Reopening MIGHT entail in the, as of yet unknown, future date… or even what a TIMEFRAME might be, for that matter…

“Officials convened a separate working group to chart a course for the restaurant and hospitality sectors during reopening.”

“Chart a course”!!! Perhaps like one of those disastrously failed Antarctic Expedition where the crew has to resort to cannibalism to survive. All I want is a freaking Lobster Roll from Hook’s. That’s all I want.

“Boston Mayor Marty Walsh had hinted on Tuesday that more information was imminent.”

“Hinted”!!! “Imminent”!!! I’M ON THE EDGE OF MY FREAKING SEAT HERE, GUYS!!! WHEN CAN I GET BACK TO PIZZERIA REGINA FOR A DELICIOUS PIE?!?

“Walsh said earlier this week “everything is on the table” when asked about the possibility of mandating exclusively outdoor seating […]”

Get it?!? “On the table”!!! Get it?!?! These guys are HILARIOUS!!!

• Jenevive says:

Well they are probably in no rush cuz those who live by the CT
      border can just cross over and do outside dinning and go
      to stores..provided they are good neighbors and bring thier masks
      of course.

• Dogsrule says:

Here in Nantucket, MA there are about 5 boats on moorings in the harbor. Usually there are hundreds by Memorial Day. We have had no new cases in weeks. You can’t rent a house here for fewer than 30 days and the people who forked over the big bucks for rentals back in Jan and Feb , depending on how their contracts were written, can’t get their $$ back. Because technically they can still come and use the house. But they have to quarantine for 14 days and nothing is open anyway and they will starve to death if they don’t bring their own food which is kinda tough to do on an airplane. Those unlucky Nantucket residents who rent houses and do not pay lawyers for iron clad contracts have had to give the money back. For some of them this is what they live on all year.

Some restaurants are doing take out only. All the cute retail shops and galleries are closed. Grocery stores, liquor stores, big hardware stores are open. Tour buses can’t operate. No summer camps. Yacht club won’t put the boats in the water. This place is a ghost town.

• old white guy says:

Good god we have become terminally stupid.

• divingengineer says:

Air B&B has janked thousands of people out of their money. Thousands, I know two personally that got bit and it stinks.
          I deleted that app off my phone and will NEVER consider it again.
          On the other hand, I had reservations at RIU Palace in Los Cabos and they refunded my deposit no questions asked. Alaska airlines was a little harder, but they modified the flight which made it eligible for a refund and not a credit. So RIU was legit, Alaska not so much, we fought for a month before they realized the flight had been modified and they had to give us a refund.

• avocadodipp says:

You may never get a Lobster Roll from Hook’s or a pie from Pizzeria Regina, because they will go bankrupt and never open again.

• Sharon says:

Yup. Entire chains of restaurants and also some long-time classic/historical restaurants are closing for good in the Portland, OR area. Of course, maybe if the inmates are no longer fed, their numbers will decline. Dunno.

• jimmy2times says:

Bdays Saturday, made a reservations for place on the water. This place is 55 minutes from me and may rain. So either we drive an hour to eat in the rain, drive down Sunday or we don’t even get to go out to eat. What a crappy bday. But, it is new normal, and Ill be able to stay safe and I know I’m in it together with all those great politicians that only have my safety at heart!/sc. Least I was able to get my haircut in a persons garage. These are GREAT TIMES!. I Love the new communist states of America! ….I will be drinking a lot and cooking out on the grill sans mask. So far nobody threatened me with social distancing from my family and grill as yet.

• Amy2 says:

Condolences Mr. Piddles! ‘Glad you haven’t lost your sense of humor! I don’t understand why they don’t look at the models for re-opening in successful states? No wait….

• iwasthere says:

Thank the Lord for the magical 6 ft. Oh! and for gravity too for that matter. What would we do otherwise?

• So selfish! I say that with the crazy Mark Elrich as my County Executive! All I want is a haircut and I hope to help keep my barber in business!

• Contrarymary says:

So sorry to tell you, scorpion, ex-kgb vid on YouTube says when the communists take over, one of the first to be taken out are the barbers. They’re considered influencers. Know and interact with too many people. Look around at who has been closed down. It’s the small businesses where people gather and talk. Now you have to wear a mask, so you cant talk politics in an election year.

• LOL says:

^^^^

• sunnydaze says:

Not being able to get a Lobster Roll when you want one by the N.E. shore is a crime. No joke!

• botchedcasuality says:

….and those are the people paid the “bucks” to protect society and structure community.
      Anyone scared yet?

2. ezpz2 says:

I loved the Signer. He was very expressive.

3. WildAlaskan says:

When is a grocer going to supply space for a church service?
    Someone ought to step up…
    Liberal heads explode…

4. I’m white and only 5’7″ and I have never been called a gentle midget. Are all African-Americans over 5’10” call gentle giants? I assure you I am a nice guy and never been arrested.

5. Ray says:

Stupid is as stupid does.

• Marilyn Shealy says:

Just an odd question, how does one eat in a restaurant with a mask on? Just asking. Soon with all of the rioting we will probably all get shut down totally. So don’t worry about the commands they are issuing. Democrats are now burning down there own states, they just do not want to reopen them. Notice they are the states with all of the harsh come back laws and are the ones looking for federal aide to bail out there mismanagement, all those same states that killed elderly to beef up there death counts for more funding, and the ones with sanctuary cities and the ones who let prisoners out of jail because of there concern for there health. Is there anyone else that doesn’t see that this person was killed by someone, who intended on killing him, that all in all it was probably a false flag event, meant to incite rioting. There is now a civil war going on, its official. Biden added on it, with his racial comments. Welcome to the new world disorder.

• jimmy2times says:

Wondered that myself. So if I get asked about not wearing a mask will just say, hey this time next week we will be sitting next to each other in a restaurant eating and not wearing a mask. So why would I wear one anywhere, even now!

• MILupper says:

Mask for Eating.

• Eagle61 says:

Here in Arkansas we can have 33% occupancy in restaurants. I asked a local BBQ joint owner if they had anyone in his place to enforce this capacity limitation. He said no, however, there were local toothless, long-haired, hippie, stoner busy bodies that might report him to the city, county, state.

Hey, I’m as old or older than the old gray-headed, pony-tailed, “Resist”, slacker, non-productive, living off the government dole, squawkers! If you know Arkansas at all, you know exactly what community I’m talking about.

They tried to shut the street side parking down on Memorial Day weekend…to improve social distancing. We shouted the Mayor down and it was reopened within a few hours.

There are no laws or ordinances in force, to force businesses or individuals to comply with these blatantly unconstitutional mandates.

• Kureelpa says:

Hey Eagle61, I don’t know know Arkansas very well, but we were contemplating moving there to retire, even made an offer on a Condo, but it was turned down initially, then the owner came back a couple of weeks later & asked if we were still interested, but we had started looking elsewhere. Just curious though – what community are you talking about – so I can steer clear of it, if we revisit.

6. John Spiropoulos says:

I lived in Montgomery County for more than 30 years. Loaded with progressives, bureaucrats and professional busy-bodies who always want to “study” an issue to death. The county’s motto should be “Paralysis by Analysis.” So, it’s no surprise to me that they’d come up with bizarre rules that rival LA’s “you can walk on the beach but you can’t sit down on it.” SMH.

• Your Tour Guide says:

The “study” scam.

Any problem that could be solved with any
      rational thinking and discussion? Hire an
      outside firm. At great expense. Do so for
      any decision that you, as a delibrative
      government body has to reach.

Montgomery County is far from alone in
      this one. Metro Atlanta is covered up with
      counties and cities that requisition “studies”.

Some of the studies are engineered in a
      manner that graft is factored in at various steps.
      Recomendations are so specific that a small
      handful of contractors ( who you see over and
      over and over again) are the only ones that fit
      the criteria.

There is also the possiblity that these “studies”
      might create an opening for kickbacks to occur.

Not that that would EVER happen in MD or GA.

• PatriotKate says:

Except Georgia is back open and largely back to normal. Brother of a good friend was here in NC yesterday and he said he couldn’t believe the difference between GA and NC. I finally got my hair cut today — on my birthday.

• thedustmaker says:

Inhaling is ok, but, do hold your breath, for we are studying exhaling.

• testpointwp says:

Any consulting firm that does a study for a government entity only has to ask one question, “What answer do you want?”.

7. Oh, Lord God Almighty… I generally mean that expression as something like, “You have got to be shitting me! “. Enough said. God bless us all as we meander through this.

8. kevin king says:

If you understand the virus doesn’t even exist then you understand the paradigm shift we are experiencing in the West and the gravity of the situation. This is unprecedented. If we don’t fight back soon everything will be gone.

• kevin king- I have come to believe that the only way we can get our corrupt Communist governors to pay attention is to do what they’re doing in Minneapolis.
      I am ready to burn down Albany and drag Killer Cuomo into the streets by his disgusting nipple rings.
      This madness cannot continue. There will be blood in the streets.

9. David D says:

Lord help us. Nursing homes are the problem. As I go about my day, wearing this bs mask as mandated, following the “law” as best I can decipher it, my wife spends her time struggling against a bad situation. She is a nurse at a VA home in Maryland. She works hard, and undresses in our basement, comes upstairs to say hi then showers, changes, and hangs out with us a bit before crashing and starting over again come morning. She is scared to death she will infect someone by carelessness, and her paranoia comes from being a geriatric nurse, whose patients are all high risk, and likely to be statistics if they contract this disease. She and I both think that the over the top BS regulations, gubernatorial eo’s, etc are ridiculous and ineffective. Why are we focusing on healthy people. Why are we limiting their movements, infringing on their rights? The issue here is clearly the vulnerable population. Most of which are in homes. I firmly believe, when it’s all sorted, the governers, etc, will be judged by results, and the general population, us generally healthy folks who can easily survive a flu bout, etc, don’t really count. What did you do, for folks in your state, who were off the chart, risk wise. Governor DeSantes, down there in Florida, hats off to you sir. Excellent work. You give a shit, and it shows. I personally am in my m id 40’s, and haven’t much worried about catching this stuff. I’ll likely never even know I did. I’m good, keep your masks, mandates, and bullshit. However, how about taking those wasted resources and maybe sending them towards the people that could actually get some use our of those dollars, like nursing home residents and the people who take care of them. My apologies, this one is a bit personal for me, don’t mean to lecture good folks.

• Orygun says:

I believe they are purposely targeting us older folks since we have lived long enough to see through all their BS schemes and vote conservative.
      I just want to live out my last pain filled days with my family and two dogs but they are doing everything in their power to make me miserable.
      A Pox on them!

• laurisand says:

It’s no less crazy than the people who think CCP targeted their elderly population that needs more care and money to survive than the able bodied workers. We’ll never know how many actually died there and at this point, after all we’ve seen from our US govt, I don’t put anything past them.

• ann says:

This👆🏼
      Please tell your wife how much her care is appreciated. Her patients may not have the opportunity to personally thank her.

When one is red line ill, at best half aware, intubated, with IV drips and stat interventions, the vulnerablility is humbling.
      And nurses become your rock. their vigilant care is critical.

We don’t anticipate a “bug” to escalate suddenly into a mortal life threst.
      Our subconscious belief systems are challenged, in autonomy, that determination and self disciple can mediate outcome.

That this isnt necessarily so came as a shock to these power elites. Their reaction is to project control.
      That’s my theory to explain these ridiculous rules, aside from the political element. Lol

I am immune compromised.
      High risk , infections I get secondary encephalitis: NOT FUN , lol.
      And post op joint replacements,

In January this bug hit our family business: our crews , office employees, and my husband and son.
      They self initiated the distancing, hand washing, etc, Its common sense. .

What isn’t common sense is to cripple our entire country.

As a high risk individual, I’m embarassed .
      And I’m pretty certain most in my shoes never asked or supported blanket restrictions.

I also deeply appreciate all the Americans who carried on, calculated risk is part of living.
      We can’t regulate it out of existence. .

PS
      Direct experience: every one of our fifty people were mildly ill, all recovered, and only one missed work for more than a couple of days.
      During this closure, the government contracts kept us busy until the restrictions on general construction were lifted.

I believe we will recover fast
      . Refuse to listen to the toxic peddlers of gloom and doom.

Where would we be as a country if we all indulged in that?

10. somebody says:

What if it’s not the vegetables that provide the protection? What if it is fruit? 🤔 Maybe it’s candy, gas stations are open and they sell candy 🤔 Maybe it’s beer, liquor stores are open🤔

OK so we should all make vegetable and fruit necklaces, put candy in our pockets and carry around a 🍺 If we all do that we’ll be safe for sure 🙃

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

( hiccup )…….works for me ….no mask…..burn chicken feathers every morning…..

And 12 pack in the fridge……healthy as a horse…..😎

• Kureelpa says:

For a while there, I thought it must be the Toilet Paper that was the protection. On my sister’s birthday, I made a necklace out of toilet roll inserts, that I threaded on some ribbon, I put it on, took a photo & sent to her, telling her that I had made her this beautiful, expensive necklace.
      She wasn’t amused. 🥴

11. Dogsrule says:

If masks work why do we need social distancing? If social distancing works why do we need masks? If masks and social distancing work why are our businesses closed? And why are only SOME of our businesses closed? It’s not about the virus. TRUMP 2020, 2024, 2028, ETC.

12. Jenevive says:

Here in CT we have gotten creative..Just about all restaruants and even
    diners, those who never had outside dinning before. now have the concrete barriers
    in the parking lots and suddenly tables have appeared outside..the diner up
    the street NEVER had outside dining until now and it kinda looks like they are
    at a fair with the canopy and the folding tables and chairs outside.
    Plus no one sitting there is wearing a mask.. Except the waitress..

• jimmy2times says:

Ironically people may need masks for car exhaust

• Amy2 says:

I went to meet a friend for lunch the other day for our usual 6 month catch up session. (The Chinese buffet we love has yet to open back up.) The place we went to required you wear a mask until your food arrived. WTH??!! We went across the street to the Mexican place. No masks except for one waitress. Ours had one but it was under her chin. ‘Almost felt normal!!!

13. Sharpshorts says:

When will being sane in public be allowed again?

14. Kaco says:

We’ve eaten out three times here in Ohio. First place the waitress and other personel were not wearing their masks over their noses. All employees are required to wear masks here in Ohio. I have no problem with them not covering their noses, even if I thought a mask was necessary. Their fear of virus spreading consists of mainly the talking through the mouth and what it expels. The nose is less heavy air, right?

Anyway, another restauarnt was also half-as___. The last one, an Asian restaurant, covered their whole face.

I have a hair appointment scheduled for June 3 and I have to call in when I am in the parking lot and wait in the care until they are ready to take me. They are also requiring cashless payments.

I talked to another cousin in Michigan Detroit area to pass on Dr. Marik’s protocol because I didn’t have their email. I told him everytime I read about their governor, I think of them. He went on to say about some couple went up to Traverse City feeling ill and turns out they had Corona and so now everyone who they stayed with, has to self quaratine for two weeks. I told him, well, of course, if you’re not feeling well, you should stay home. I don’t know what party he votes.

Also visited that Cedar Point forum again. It seems like almost everyone on there are flaming liberals all believing in “science” and now they are all lamenting the loss of people not listening or respecting the “elites” and “experts” and, of course, “science”. I wish I could speak up but the administrator is banning people that don’t agree. They also call all the protesters or non mask wearers selfish and ignorant and mock them.

What is with liberals and their enamor of their version of “science” anyway? I see many organizations becoming Marxist and leftist in their ideology. Well, to save space, we all see it, starting with this push of transgenderism. Then there’s the climate change, a “denier” who is a scientist can’t get his word in. I don’t think they read actual studies, they read a NYT article and think they are above all the general population and completely trust their reporting, actually the administrator/owner said so.

Here’s another thing, when I passed along Dr. Marik’s protocol, I saw he had another update. He has pretty much removed HCQ from his protocol and Remesdivir has remained with the rationale that it may shorten the illness. He did say HCQ is only good in early stages but we all had seen the testimonies of people entering the shortness of breath phase and recover. He is mostly about pushing the corticosteriods and blood thinners to combat the cytokine storm and clotting issues. He still has Quercetin as a prophylaxis, though. But WTF is going on with the HCQ now on his protocol? Maybe I’ve been spreading his protocol too much among the masses online and someone got to him. He also continues to claim there is no treatment. How can there be no treatment if he continues to claim achieving “near uniform success”?

Well, here’s the protocol.

Click to access EVMS_Critical_Care_COVID-19_Protocol.pdf

• wpsahm says:

Kaco, thank you SO much for that pdf from Dr. Marik. I’m printing it out right now. It crystallizes and condenses SO much on how to treat Covid 19 today AND gives quick updates on the progression of protocols in treatment. It is disappointing that he’s backed off from using hydroxylchloriquine + +…..but thanks!

• Kaco says:

Hi, wpsahm, save the link, you can check and see if he has updated again from time to time. Last time I emailed him, I asked if he would be publishing any results from his protocol and I was particularly interested in how the Quercetin worked out. He replied it wouldn’t be for “many, many months”.

15. laurelmarycecilia says:

ok ok this is just a bad absurd dream caused by reading too much Franz kafka….and I’m gonna be waking up in a few minutes

16. Seneca the Elder says:

If the situation wasn’t so horrifying, this video would be hilarious. The virtue signaling, mask wearing, sign language displays have become part of the daily beat down by Slave State officials.

In NY Killer Cuomo issued his SECOND exec order on wearing the masks of submission after acknowledging that we need to wear them as a sign of respect. This coming from an outright Stalinist who mass murdered several thousand helpless, elderly nursing home residents in their beds.

Technically NY has started to reopen but the new rules and regulations will be impossible to comply with for most small restaurants and salons. There is no more enjoyment to be had in shopping or dining. You feel like you’re in prison.

As far as the riots and street violence that have now erupted- they were inevitable when you have millions of people who have been under house arrest for over two months. The rioters are very happy to wear masks while they loot Target and the other stores.

When I saw that photo of the evil cop with his knee on that poor man’s neck, slowly suffocating him to death while the other “law enforcers “ watched, I thought that is a perfect meme/ metaphor for what the Guvs like Cuomo, Wolf et al are doing to their states.

• jimmy2times says:

But remember even the Looters in MN wore masks while “Protesting” so we really do need to follow this guideline! lol

• Kureelpa says:

Two things – the Autopsy shows that he didn’t die from suffocation & apparently the Knee to the Neck technique is allowed in MInneapolis – several commenters have posted the latter on Forums.

17. Nessie509 says:

One word, one issue not printed on any ballots force this November election, will create a landslide for Republicans.
    LOCKDOWN
    Voters are mad at Democrats. Angry over ridiculous lockdown rules only a Democratic Party Functionary could dream up. The rules are arbitrary and capricious.
    Voters know it.
    Democrats damn well should know it.
    But…choose not to know it.
    Landslide Republicans!

• guest4ever says:

Nessie—I think you’re right. I don’t think there’s anyway in h#(( that the demonrats will be able to steal the election in November. Most people are just too darn pissed off.

I, unfortunately, am right next door to Montgomery County, MD in Prince George’s County. Ditto for stupidity. Anyone tells me Hogan, our governor, is a Republican, I correct them; he’s a Republicrat (check OperationFreedom.com with Dr. Dave Janda. EXCELLENT!)

It’s not D v R; it’s Up v Down; Up being liberty; down being tyranny.

18. SMR says:

This is prime evidence of the absolute that liberalism is a mental disorder. Liberalism literally rewires the interaction between the limbic system and the prefrontal cortex in the brain. It then produces the conviction that logic like this is wisdom. The ancient Biblical description of this is called foolishness

19. Super elite covfefe999 loves her President! says:

Dude lives in a million dollar home and has a government job. He’s good. He doesn’t care about working people.

20. Leaving says:

About the sign language: at a local, live news conference they don’t have someone doing the transcription live like they do for live sports or national news broadcasts. Although YouTube has speech to text technology, I’m not aware of any broadcasts that use that (also, the speech to text is really hit or miss).

Yes, it’s kind of funny but I don’t really think it’s virtue signaling so much as wanting to make sure the hearing impaired can here what they think is “life or death” information

21. alliwantissomethruth says:

Governor Prickzker in Illinois has it all figured out. He finally relented and allowed people to go boating, but only two people per boat at any given time

He was asked if that included those from the same family, and he replied most definitely, as he wants to keep them safe

So, it seems a family, that lives in a structure closed off by walls, where family members are in constant close contact with each other, are safe from the virus while all bunched up inside, but outside in the fresh air and sunshine, they’re only safe if two of them are together

The virus won’t attack one or two people on a boat, but add a few more, and the virus will become enraged and attack with a vengeance

But don’t worry, after having to go back to the dock numerous times to drop off family members and pick up two more, afterwards you can all bunch up in your car and go home as the virus will be seeking out boats with more than two people on it and will leave you alone

Remember, it’s science

• Orygun says:

They have taken away Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness and those in nursing homes have had Life taken away. I’m done with this foolishness and would like to see every crazed lefty removed by the military and have a military governor at this point.
      This has gone on too long.
      Remove the clowns and immediately have real elections with id to replace them.
      Let the People speak.

22. RonR says:

I am in Fairfax, VA just across the Potomac from Maryland. I am going to make a second attempt get a haircut tomorrow after my appointment last week was cancelled due to our euthanasia Gov unexpectedly extending the lockdown another week. I am beginning to look like Buffalo Bill Cody. I been thinking about getting a holster for my handgun to complete the look, and a white hat.

I have my appointment tomorrow morning and there has been no information that scissors are banned, yet.

However, I refuse to dine at a table in the street or to go to the beach and differentiate between wet and dark sand. Go ahead, arrest me, but please keep the taser holstered and knee off my neck.

23. Snellvillebob says:

In his idle moments, he has the same con man expression on his face as Schumer and Schiff.

24. elarson says:

Here’s my favorite:

“You must self-quarantine if you leave the state for some non-essential purpose.”

But if you go foraging out of state for some essential AF thing? Welcome back to work!

25. Juniper55 says:

I was there. It was a hot mess. I also posted on your Twitter feed. Elrich complained that Hogan was not communicating with the counties on his own reopening plans (the state is getting ready to start Phase 2 next week) but Hogan said the day before that Montgomery County was the only county that did not have a plan and a date. The Fox 5 reporter called Elrich out on his 24-hour turnaround and what caused him to change his mind when the previous day he said we would not likely go into Phase 1 for at least a week. I’ve been watching data like a hawk and it has been trending down for everything since late April yet very time the data gets a Monday bump, Elrich panics. So frustrating. Maryland is a beautiful state and people are generally warm and friendly but I want to leave because of taxes, high cost of real estate and the nearest family members are 7 hours away. But no. My DH is married to the Federal govt and refuses to go. I’m going to start getting real bitchy about it.

• elarson says:

Spent some time in a Zoom call with some of MoCos more, let’s say “representative” citizens: mainly white, very progressive.

They were so offended by the protestors. “They called him a fascist and a Nazi and…”
      What? You mean like you people call mainstream Republicans on the regular? That offends you?

26. lansdalechip says:

My first reaction to Montgomery County (where I “grew up”) was, figures. Then I saw the response from a poster in Massachusetts where we spent our working careers and thought, figures. But I realized we live now in Pennsylvania (coffee just kicking in) and thought I guess most of the east coast between Portland and Richmond is totally screwed up. Should have followed that sage advice to “Go west young man” stopping just east of Colorado.
    With age comes wisdom or the realization of the follies of youth.

• American Heritage says:

There’s no place to hide from creeping socialism. It has to be torn out, roots and branch. What’s the point of idly watching it move from state to state? Virginia was a relatively sane place to live until Soros and Co. came in and turned it totalitarian.

• Sharon says:

Don’t go too far west. Once you hit Oregon, the leftists in Eugene, Corvallis, and Portland are in charge.

Keeping in mind that only 6-7 counties in Oregon are blue. About 28 counties are RED. But, as usual, like Minnesota and Colorado and Michigan and New York, the state is ruled by the goofballs. (They are NOT kidding when they say they want to get rid of the electoral college – – – by the way, Marion County (in which Oregon’s state capitol is [Salem], is red))

• Orygun says:

Here in Lane and it is a silly place but somehow outside the city limits of Eugene people seem sane. Propaganda is a powerful tool and the Country Fair brought in a lot of lefties.
        I am always amazed at the people of Marion county.
        I watched over the years as the City of Eugene went further left and the sane people moved to Springfield. Then Lane County started hiring from the City and now the county is becoming as bad as the city. These are the people who count the ballots.

I worked for the State when I left Navy in the early 70’s and it was conservative at that time and over the years just like a cancer it became full of socialists.

I was born in the State of Oregon when it was relatively sane and I hope I live long enough to see it return.

• Contrarymary says:

We need an electoral college in every state. That way the large, lefty, university, communist areas couldn’t rule over the rural, freedom loving counties that every state has. Every county should get 2 electoral candidates. We might see a difference.

27. KBR says:

NC phase 2:

You can only have 25 people in large venues like open air NASCAR speedway, etc.

You can, however, have 25 people in your personal 12’ diameter above ground pool, or even a kiddie pool for swimming if you can fit them in there, in your postage-stamp sized backyard. No word on whether the pool must contain any water.

The gov has said that no restrictions will be placed against 1st amendment rights.

However, unstated but clear: “all the rest of the amendments are belong to us.”

Finally, at the end of it all, there is a statement/threat that the gov can change his mind and restore former limits as easily as he can move forward to phase 3.

28. Jimmy2times says:

“You can go to a church, as long as the going to church doesn’t involve the actual going into a building that would be identified as a church. Worship services can only be provided outdoors, because the virus lurks in the building…… unless the building contains vegetables and is called a supermarket, and then the virus cannot enter the premises:..

Dam# I spit out my coffee on that 1. And is called a super market LMAO. So..Dam#…True!. Excellent Sundance. Pointing out the hypocrisy at every turn. Seems to be 1 of these absurd “rulings” daily

• jimmy2times says:

Videos Great, good for the patriots that were there. Mr. Carlson from WKRP there looked all kinds of flustered. “I Just spoke to a doc from 1 hospital that maybe NEAR capacity” lol. What a fraud. Knows he was caught. Problem is they just see these protestors as a nuisance. That dude should be stoned. Send him back to WKRP as worthless a manager as Carlson was

29. paulashley says:

The masked woman in the background, holding the sign “Free Us Please” seems not to understand she has agency. Take your mask off lady!

30. paulashley says:

Once again, this is Bananas on steroids.

31. Many thanks to all of the comments and stories from around the Covid Compliant universal Lock Down.
    Here in NY, Killer Cuomo must have lost the latest round in his ongoing game of chicken with President Trump because he has now backed off from even the slight loosening of the rope and rescinded his own “orders” that would have allowed SOME of our small businesses to reopen to a tiny degree. Instead, there will be no phased in reopening of NY- everything will now be decided by a mass murderer and some team of international “experts”.
    I don’t know how anyone can keep track of over 300 Exec Orders that this scumbag has imposed since February or whenever this nightmare started, but at this point they are starting to conflict with one another. The problem is that we have NO STATE LEGISLATORS who are willing to take back their power or even sue the bastard for what he is doing.
    For those of us in the Blue Slave States, things are not getting better- they are getting WoRSE every day.
    Note: After seeing what’s going on in Minneapolis- I think that should be a LESSON FOR THE REST OF US heretofore LAW ABIDING CITIZENS: BURN THE MF DOWN!
    Just as that evil, Satanic cop crushed the life out of Floyd George, our Governors are doing the SAME damn thing to our States.
    WHY ARE WE NOT PROTESTING FOR THE LOSS OF OUR LIVES, NOT EVEN PEACEFULLY??

• ncedgar says:

Sounds like Dolores Umbridge’s list of decrees posted on the walls of Hogwarts. I would laugh at your assessment of Cuomo, but this is not a joke. The people of NY need to do what has taken place in other states and that take the SOB to court. Liberty will prevail!

• Kureelpa says:

Take a look at NY State, beautiful State, but it has been a lost cause for a long time, decades – the icing on the cake is the Abortion Law & the Cuomo Nursing Home tragedy.
        My husband is an Essential Worker here on LI, been going into work every day during this Lockdown, but he is one of a very few Sr Managers who is – the CEO, VPs & others prefer to work from home – must like the commute.
        We are looking to sell & move, ASAP, been in this State for 16 years & paid a lot of Tax over that time, but the place & infrastructure is rapidly decaying.

• Michelle says:

I’m in the same boat as you Seneca. At this point I’ve decided to embrace it and I’m happy to see Cuomo destroy the state and all the sheep follow along. Let them all stay inside this summer and beyond. Let a different state become an economic power. The biggest problem is that the children have to, and will continue to have to, pay the price of adults refusing to take care of their health and instead just hiding.

• Amy2 says:

I couldn’t believe Cuomo saying (paraphrase) that the U.S. depends on the New York hub and that the rest of us should take care of it. My thought was, fine, stay locked down and we will just see about that. Let some other better run place take the ball and run with it. Isn’t that how capitalism works?

• Michelle- the problem is that almost all the freedom fighters live 50 miles out from the epicenter of the virus (Covid and Liberal).
        We have been outvoted by the Dems for generations and the GOP is worse than useless.
        We have no representation in the Legislature to speak of. Even my state senator Sue Serino is a RINO who voted in March, along with the Dems, to give Killer Cuomo unlimited power.
        Now some of the Repubs are trying to wrest it back, but they don’t have the votes or support to do so.
        Our only hope at this point is for President Trump to rescue us.
        By the way- our local churches in Northern Westchester are staying closed despite our President’s deeming them “essential.”
        The Christian and Catholic churches are no longer religious organizations. They are another branch of the DemonRat party.

• eweturn says:

My church is going to open, with a security team in the parking lot to enforce social distancing, and medical team inside, to check my temperature and if elevated, take me aside for further questioning.

• Kureelpa says:

We are in our 60s, (I’m 68), on no meds & generally healthy, mainly because we stay away from Doctors. Haven’t been in hiding either, since, I’ve taken 22 flights since last November, rented several vehicles & have worn a mask for just 1.5 hrs in the last few months. I’ve been out & about on almost a daily basis during lockdown too – heck I even drove to the store just to buy ice cream one day.
        Now I’m leaving my phone at home & paying with cash & I have written several emails to President Trump & asked him not to bail NY State out.

• Padric says:

Seneca, as a fellow NY’er I feel your pain. BUT, not all hope is lost. Several of the County Executives upstate have told Cuomo to go eff himself, they’re moving on to phase two whether he likes it or not. I read a separate article that said the mayor of Watkins Glenn was also moving his town forward, irregardless.

Late Thursday night Chemung County Executive Chris Moss said, “We’re proceeding as planned in Chemung County with phase 2 starting tomorrow. I’m advised Onondaga, Madison and other counties who have completed 14 days will be starting tomorrow as well.”

The Chairman of the Madison County Board of Supervisors John Becker tells WSYR-TV he will also allow Madison County to enter Phase Two regardless of the governor’s approval. He will allow all Phase Two-designated businesses to resume operations as if the state allowed it.

32. Ironclaw says:

Wow, complete and utter retards. It’s hard to even feel sorry for the folks there, they voted for this.

33. ncedgar says:

We need to identify these “scientists” that are providing input to these buffoons. Either the scientists do not exist or their recommendations are being misunderstood. Without knowing who they are, we are taking the word of complete idiots, as demonstrated by the standards they are instituting in the name of science. This buffoonery really demeans the scientific community.

34. golfmann says:

It would do a lot of good if the chant comes up “WE DO NOT CONSENT! WE DO NOT CONSENT! WE DO NOT CONSENT!”…

35. “the asphalt ambience”.

“Try the macadam, madam.”

36. Leigh says:

Well it couldn’t have happened to a more informed, highly educated and superior group of voters who got what they voted for.
    I don’t like saying stuff like that, because I’m a Virginian and I hate hearing people say, “They got what they voted for” because the rest of Virginia can’t overcome/out vote the northern part of the state. But counties.. especially Montgomery, they’re a little different. Maybe those residents will learn something from all of this. Maybe.

37. TexSwede says:

Here in the people’s socialist republic of Austin (TX), our mayor, former county judge and county health director are hand wringing because they can’t enforce any lockdowns and mandatory mask dictums that go beyond the governor’s declarations. Now they are citing a University of Texas model that shows a new spike near the end of June. The professor who built these models, a Lauren Ancel Meyers has built several models that these leaders cite. One of her more ridiculous predictions is that if we open up everything, remove social distancing and masks, Austin will have 6,500 deaths by September, 2021. Apparently they don’t even try to perform sanity checks on their projections. The formula for calculating deaths is [Total Cases * Mortality or Fatality Rate = deaths]. To calculate how many Total Cases are required to hit 6,500, the formula looks like this: Total Cases = Deaths/Fatality Rate.

On May 20th the CDC published the Best Case Scenario for mathematical modeling and stated the Case Fatality Rate is 0.004 (that rate is for persons exhibiting symptoms and does not include the 35% asymptomatic cases – which if included drops the rate to 0.0026). So, dividing the deaths (N=6,500) by the Fatality Rate (N=0.004), the answer is there must be 1,625,000 cases in Austin by September, 2021 to result in 6,500 deaths. Austin’s population is 965,000 people. This means to achieve 6,500 deaths every Austin resident must catch Covid-19, and 2/3rds (N=661,000) must catch it twice. A model the predicts something impossible is ridiculous.

38. TexSwede says:

One other numeric exercise showing the ridiculous nature of the lockdowns and mask dictums is past history. In 58-59 the Asian flu killed 75,000 Americans. The population at that time was 175,000,000, about half or the current population. Adjusting for population differences, the Asian flu today that number would have been 150,000 deaths. In 68-69, the Honk Kong flu killed 100,000 Americans. The population was 205,000,000. Again, if we adjust the deaths to today’s population that toll would have been 164,000. Both of those pandemics had mortality rates in the 0,0026 range, similar to COVID-19. In 68-69 I was a freshman at UT and attended every home football game. All were sold out – UT won the national championship in 69. We did not shut down the country, we did not limit attendance to 25% capacity, and we didn’t wear masks. We carried on our lives, and we survived, thrived, and lived life like we should have.

I think there are several reasons why we persevered then. Our leaders back then were part of the greatest generation. They had lived through the depression and WWII. They new life had risks and that you couldn’t cower in fear over something you really couldn’t completely control. They also understood freedom and the risk that socialism and its big brother communism posed. Our leaders (with few exceptions – PDJT, etc.) today in comparison cannot hold their jock straps. Couple that with social media and a truly corrupt media, we see the results of panic based policies.

That said, I am encouraged that there is a great pushback coming and it will manifest itself in November. We have to stay strong and be active.

39. Red-headed grandma says:

I’m a 70 year old grandma. I simply step thru the barriers at Walmart. Go in the guarded exit if raining. Nobody stops me I have never social distanced. “They” will have to step back. For older kids who are obviously scared I give a little a-choo with a chuckle. Everyone always laughs The Unmasked gentleman cashier at Home Depot gently stepped up and handed me my flower with a smile. People want out. They’re just afraid. I always told my boys – just because other kids jump off the bridge into the river doesn’t mean you do. Everyone needs to help the others bust out-with kindness!

40. TwoLaine says:

I watched/listened recently to Cheech & Chong’s “Up In Smoke” movie. I ran across it in the listings and I needed a good laugh while I worked. It was perfect.

This reminds me for some reason of the scene where they take over the communications radio at the police station. Anyone remember that scene?

41. Gunner says:

This isn’t ‘COVID Madness’. This is the dismantling of our Republic. The virus is but a means to an end. We either stop it in its tracks, or we cower in our sheep pens.

42. keystonekon says:

We need to remember this flame of socialism shown here, on November 3rd.

You like breathing the same air inside your home or apartment every day without sunshine, and being told you must mask up in the fresh air in those moments when you do go out?
    It’s pure idiocy.! You are concentrating your own germs back into your Nasal passages, and causing your heart to beat harder because your Oxygen level is lower.

“Sheer Madness!” from Bridge on the River Kwai

43. keystonekon says:

We need to remember this flame of socialism shown here, on November 3rd.

“Sheer Madness!” from Bridge on the River Kwai

44. Gymcy81 says:

Well, the presenter did wear a sport coat, and had a podiums, so the pretrained someone(s) listening just might abide by the new guidelines (as a part of the untold scientific – social experimentation) – out of due caution previously stoked by fear (spoken from a sport coat).

Maybe most others will think for themselves, and together, …over time…

Imho
    I do not know

45. trapper says:

None of this should be a surprise to anyone. We’ve all known who these people are our entire lives.

In grade school they were the hall monitor who ratted you out if you tracked mud into school. They were the patrol boys (crossing guards) with the white belt across their chest who made you wait to cross the street even if no cars were coming just because they could. They were the kids picked last for the kickball teams at recess who have been waiting to get even.

In high school they were the ones who got elected class officers so they could make up elaborate rules for everyone to follow, the lunch line monitors who ratted you out if you were talking in line, the the big kids who bullied the smaller kids, and the smaller kids who got bullied.

They were the outliers, the oddballs, the ones who didn’t fit in. They ran for small potatoes local offices and got elected, and now it is THEIR TIME to micromanage every little detail of your lives. A-holes.

And you know what? Black folks in Minneapolis aren’t taking the shit any more, and neither are the people heckling this guy.

We are all on the same side. They’ve been dividing us up and pitting us against each other to keep their power over everyone. Get out of the line, track the mud, and cross the street wherever you want. F you I won’t do what you tell me.

• trapper- you absolutely NAILED IT. Your roster of what they call “Karens” today is spot on, and I actually know some of the hall monitors who have graduated to public office in my town.

I never thought things would get to the point that I would say something like this after a riot, but today I have a lot of respect for the African Americans in Minneapolis.
      I also wonder what the hell it will take for the OTHER Americans to rise up and revolt against this illegal and unconstitutional LOCK DOWN.
      There is going to come a time when there is nothing left but to take to the streets.

46. Mark Elrich is as dumb as they come. I would be very surprised if his IQ is greater than 100. Same goes for the County Council. Most of them are as dumb as a bag of hammers and that is an insult to hammers everywhere. Most of my neighbors think “Democrats good and Republicans bad.” Thus, it is one continuous stream of BS and nonsense. It would be amusing, were it not for the fact that these idiots do actual damage to the ones that they supposedly serve: us!

47. Judiciary says:

Covid “compliance scientists”? Who would that be? Richard Horton, editor of The Lancet, recently wrote that “The case against science is straightforward: much of the scientific literature, perhaps half, may simply be untrue. Afflicted by studies with small sample sizes, tiny effects, invalid exploratory analyses, and flagrant conflicts of interest, together with an obsession for pursuing fashionable trends of dubious importance, science has taken a turn towards darkness”

48. tozerbgood8315 says:

Maryland: “Worship services can only be provided outdoors, because the virus lurks in the building…… unless the building contains vegetables and is called a supermarket, and then the virus cannot enter the premises.”

ME: Supermarket Church of the Holy Vegetables

49. Kureelpa says:

And then there is this – I knew Pence was responsible from the start, can’t believe that he’d do this interview though, like it was something to be proud of. He is about as in touch as his dreary wife who told some Reporter that during the lockdown, she was going to do something calming like paint a watercolor of her friend’s house & design this year’s Xmas Card. I’d be more impressed if she painted her friend’s house for real.
    POTUS should fire Pence & bring Ric Grenell onboard as VP.

• tozerbgood8315 says:

“POTUS should fire Pence & bring Ric Grenell onboard as VP.”

Mebbe try reading the constitution if you think the POTUS can just fire the VP.

• Kureelpa says:

I’ll look it up – but Pence is either as dumb as a bag of rocks to do this interview, or he’s just another Deep Stater – there are so many.

50. tozerbgood8315 says: