Tuesday May 26th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

68 Responses to Tuesday May 26th – Open Thread

1. Whistling_Past says:

source: icr.org

2. Deplorable_Infidel says:

The Lord’s Prayer Dispensationally Considered

By Pastor Paul M. Sadler

Scripture Reading:

“But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask Him.”
    — Matthew 6:7,8

Religious leaders love to have their people recite the Lord’s Prayer. It’s been the religious thing to do for centuries. The Lord’s Prayer is one of the most beautiful, meaningful, and touching prayers in the Prophetic Scriptures, but those who recite it today are committing two major blunders. First, the Lord warned the disciples that they were not to pray this prayer, or any prayer for that matter, repetitiously (Matt. 6:5-7). Prayer is not a religious exercise, but rather communication with God; therefore, it should always be spoken from the heart. Second, the Disciples Prayer, which is the correct connotation for this prayer, was given as a model for those who would be called upon to endure the Tribulation. Since the Body of Christ is delivered from the wrath to come, this prayer does not apply to us in this dispensation (I Thes. 5:9).

The Disciples’ Prayer

Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.The hope of every Israelite was the establishment of the Davidic Kingdom. God’s will for the earth is to overthrow the kingdoms of this world and establish the millennial kingdom of His dear Son (II Sam. 7:8-17; Luke 1:68-72; Rev. 11:15; 20:6).

Give us this day our daily bread.In the future Tribulation, God will set a table in the wilderness for His people, as He did in time past. The saints in that day will find it necessary to pray for their daily provision of food, since they will be unable to buy or sell without the Mark of the Beast. Subsequently, God will supernaturally nourish the chosen nation (Rev. 12:14 cf. Rev. 13:13-18).

And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.Today we are to forgive others, even as God for Christs sake has forgiven us, but under the kingdom gospel, forgiveness was based upon a like-spirit (Matt. 18:21-35 cf. Eph. 4:32).

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil [Gr. noun: evil one]. For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen. The sense here is, “Lord lead us not into the Great Tribulation, but deliver us from Satan, who brings death and destruction in his wake” (Rev. 6:7-11; 12:12; 13:1-10).

Matthew 6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
    6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
    7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
    8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

1 Thessalonians 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Deuteronomy 5:11 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain: for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Isaiah 66:1 Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

Matthew 15:31 Insomuch that the multitude wondered, when they saw the dumb to speak, the maimed to be whole, the lame to walk, and the blind to see: and they glorified the God of Israel.

Luke 1:68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

2 Samuel 7:8 Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David, Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I took thee from the sheepcote, from following the sheep, to be ruler over my people, over Israel:
    9 And I was with thee whithersoever thou wentest, and have cut off all thine enemies out of thy sight, and have made thee a great name, like unto the name of the great men that are in the earth.
    10 Moreover I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime,
    11 And as since the time that I commanded judges to be over my people Israel, and have caused thee to rest from all thine enemies. Also the LORD telleth thee that he will make thee an house.
    12 And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.

13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.
    14 I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:
    15 But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.
    16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.
    17 According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David.

69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;
    70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:
    71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;
    72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

Revelation 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Revelation12:14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

Revelation 13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
    14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
    15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
    16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
    17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
    18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Mtthew 18:21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
    22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.
    23 Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.
    24 And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.
    25 But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.

26 The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
    27 Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.
    28 But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.
    29 And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
    30 And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.

31 So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.
    32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
    33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
    34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
    35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

Ephesians 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.

Revelation 6:7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.
    8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
    9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
    10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
    11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Revelation 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Revelation13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
    2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
    3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
    4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
    5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
    7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
    8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
    9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.
    10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

• TMonroe says:

“First, the Lord warned the disciples that they were not to pray this prayer, or any prayer for that matter, repetitiously (Matt. 6:5-7).”

Recall when Jesus was in the Garden of Gethsemane: “And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words” (Matthew 26:44).

Whether the precise prayer word-for-word is meant here or three prayers of substantially the same meaning, the heartfelt nature of the praying is clear.

Jesus told His disciples a parable showing they were “always to pray and not to lose heart” (cf. Luke 18:1). It concerned a widow coming before a judge persistently and saying, “Avenge me of my adversary” (cf. Luke 18:3), which appears to fit the very definition of petitioning repetitiously.

Going back to the verse cited, Strong’s Concordance gives this usage for the word for vain repetitions (Gr. battalogeó) from verse 7: “I chatter, am long-winded, utter empty words, stammer, repeat”. The verse gives another reason not to pray as the heathens did: “for they think that in their many words they will be heard”. Verse 5 appears to speak to the vain nature of the words being at issue, with the vain object of visible public prayer by hypocrites to “be seen by men”.

Some forms of prayers learned and said by rote can certainly lead some to take on the form of empty words, as can praying only in a mechanical manner rather than turning sincerely to God through Christ before the throne of grace (cf. Hebrews 4:14-16). However, it is also dangerous to imply certain prohibitions are commanded by Scripture if they are not.

• TMonroe says:

“Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy name.The reference here to “our Father” is to the God and Father of Israel — the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. In prophecy, heaven was His throne and earth His footstool. His name was so holy that the Jews feared they might inadvertently speak it in vain, consequently they changed it from Yahweh to Adonai — Master, Ruler (Deut. 5:11; Isa. 66:1; Matt. 15:31; Luke 1:68).”

The verses cited give no indication of such a change. Also, a name-speaking hedge (which appear more in evidence in later Jewish practices well after the time of Christ than in Biblical times) appear hardly in evidence throughout Old Testament Scripture, whether in prayers or prophecy.

Of course, the New Testament’s being written in Greek doesn’t allow for seeing any distinction — except when citing Old Testament Scripture. Notably, we see that Jesus used the same terms in the same sentence quoting David in making a significant point: “the LORD (YHWH / Yahweh / Jehovah) said to my Lord (Adonai): The LORD said to my Lord: “Sit at My right hand until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet” (cf. Psalm 110:1, Luke 20:41-44). Later, Peter quoted the same verse to Jews from many nations per Acts 2:34.

• Ken says:

Asking “Give us this day our daily bread.” does not seem like vain repetition to me. Maybe I’m a heathen if I pray it more than once a day. Or maybe I’m a heathen if I ever pray it twice without including the words “this day”. Should I quit reading it every time I come here?

3. Mary Van Deusen says:

All my political music video links gathered together. Streaming off my site is higher quality.

4. Garrison Hall says:

5. Lucille says:

A Male Blue Orchid Bee of North America

Bumble Bee

Enjoy God’s wonderful creation today among the flowers and creatures.

6. burginthorn says:

For something completely different a little bird from my neck of the woods down under. I listen to these guys every day 🙂

And here’s David Attenborough doing a piece on this amazing bird, in case you think its not real.

Lastly a video of the Lyre Bird mimicking children playing and shouting, babies laughing, sirens and so on. Its creepy walking through the scrub and all of a sudden you hear someone crying, or someone laughing.

An amazing bird that I hope people never knew it existed are surprised 🙂

• auscitizenmom says:

This person did not know it existed and I am surprised! 😀

• Jim in TN says:

Had a mocking bird do song battle with my Ring Doorbell. Three days in a row it set off the motion sensor and repeated the tune. But the doorbell was no match and he quit challenging it on his rounds.

• czarowniczy says:

Years ago we rescued a baby bird and raised it- turned out it was a starling. It adopted us as its flock, dogs and cats too, and was an amazing mimic. It mimicked my wife’s dry cough, the squeak of our gate hinge, the beep of our car alarm, the cat’s meow and could repeat his name ‘Mr Bird’ clearly. Turns out that a number of birds are great mimics, then again they do have to learn their flock’s songs.

7. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day for Tuesday, May 26, 2020

“For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.”
    Psalms 33:4 (KJV)

8. Dora says:

9. Whistling_Past says:

• Grammy850 says:

Thanks once again love that You designed it. How awesome is our GOD that he designed each and everything thing. Even the tiniest flower. And for us. Have a blessed day. Grammy

• Jim in TN says:

There are also feathers preserved in amber, not just impressions in stone.

This is a good example of Science trying to work through its mistakes. And an even better example of why relying on today’s ‘truths’ is a surefire recipe to be wrong tomorrow.

10. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

11. Dora says:

12. just stevie says:

THINK AS JESUS TAUGHT

“Pray without ceasing.” 1 Thess. v. 17

We think rightly or wrongly about prayer according to the conception we have in our minds of prayer. If we think of prayer as the breath in our lungs and the blood from our hearts, we think rightly. The blood flows ceaselessly, and breathing continues ceaselessly; we are not conscious of it, but it is always going on. We are not always conscious of Jesus keeping us in perfect joint with God, but if we are obeying Him, He always is. Prayer is not an exercise, it is the life. Beware of anything that stops ejaculatory prayer. “Pray without ceasing,” keep the childlike habit of ejaculatory prayer in your heart to God all the time.

Jesus never mentioned unanswered prayer, He had the boundless certainty that prayer is always answered. Have we by the Spirit the unspeakable certainty that Jesus had about prayer, or do we think of the times when God does not seem to have answered prayer? “Every one that asketh receiveth.” We say – “But…, but…” God answers prayer in the best way, not sometimes, but every time, although the immediate manifestation of the answer in the domain in which we want it may not always follow. Do we expect God to answer prayer?

The danger with us is that we want to water down the things that Jesus says and make them mean something in accordance with common sense; if it were only common sense, it was not worth while for Him to say it. The things Jesus says about prayer are supernatural revelations.

Oswald Chambers
    May 26th Devotional

13. bessie2003 says:

Oliver North has a youtube channel called “Real American Heroes”, his episode today is an interview with Sharyl Attkisson. About 15 minutes in total length, though it has, like some other youtube channels has one of those countdown before it starts thing:

14. Linda K. says:

Folsom Prison Blues. I’m looking at you Rod Rosenstein…

15. Sepp says:

Christ is risen! Truly He is risen!

Sixth week of Pascha

The Feast of Our Savior’s Ascension is May 15th Church / May 2ith civil

16. Sepp says:

. . . but deliver us from the Evil One.

17. Troublemaker10 says:

18. When all this is done, and when we get to the other side of a near certain “October Surprise,” – I most earnestly pray there will be a special prosecutor appointed to investigate Fauci, Johns Hopkins University, Gates, Big Pharma, anyone else in the “Deep State” that orchestrated the biggest crime perpetuated in the life of this country certainly and maybe the biggest crime in world history. Check out the Barrons Article, “Bill & Melinda Gates bought up Amazon, Apple, & Twitter stock.” https://www.barrons.com/articles/bill-melinda-gates-trust-bought-amazon-stock-apple-twitter-51590085405

• czarowniczy says:

What I found interesting was that Biden had another senior-tweet-moment and went off on Amazon, accusing them of not paying their fair share of taxes. I guess his aides didn’t get to tell him that Bezos and his merry WP band are perhaps THE largest Trump-bashers in the entire media pantheon and if he pisses off Bezos Jeff just might but Delaware and fire Joe.

Amazon’s reply was constrained but biting, reminding the Aricept poster boy that they pay billions in direct taxes at all levels while hiring directly over 500,000 people and they pay taxes to. As a parting shot they reminded Joe that as they pay the taxes they have due it appears his complaint is with the tax laws they operate under and the Senate helped write and approved those laws, lf he doesn’t like the laws he shouldn’t have passed them and is responsible to change them.

No word from Joe in response.

19. JG3 says:

What if they “create” an October Surprise and no one is surprised? From Sept to Election day, let’s turn off the news? How much worse could it be if we didn’t know anything coming from the “News”?

We’ve learned the virus is what it is because we allow them to tell us what it is? So, let’s turn the tables… Guessing most everyone, by Sept, already know who they are voting for. So, let’s see how far down we can drive the ratings? Turn them off!!!

Maybe we’ll learn that we can live without it…another silver lining~

20. czarowniczy says:

That huge party at The Lake of the Ozarks is drawing a lot of press attention, especially with thinly veiled insinuations that it may cause a huge COVID spike and it will all be Trump’s fault for reopening the country.

The media’s been whining about why didn’t the police stop them. After explaining to the largely clueless media about the difference between police and sheriff, the sheriff explained that even though it was against orders to congregate as they did it was not against any laws and as such he couldn’t arrest anyone for partying closer than 6 feet (1.8288 meters). Expect a tsunami of laws making infection directions laws and an arrestable offense in the near future. The noose tightens.

21. Lucille says:

Minnesota: Hamas-linked CAIR succeeds in pushing St. Paul City Council to declare government of India “Islamophobic”
    May 25, 2020 By Robert Spencer

St. Paul City Council is also here accepting as accurate the highly tendentious and propagandistic version of events in Kashmir that Hamas-linked CAIR and its allies fed them. Did they bother to consider seriously the concerns of the Hindu groups who protested? Almost certainly not. To have done so would have been “Islamophobic.”

22. Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Some were shocked at how close the dweeb Beta O’Roarke got to upending Ted Cruz in the 2018 election in Texas. This citizen journalist video explains a lot. It uncovers apparent massive voter fraud in Harris County, Houston, Texas. This is just the tip of the iceberg folks.

23. Dora says:

24. TheLastDemocrat says:

New topic.

If Trump, or “Republicans,” or “Conservatives,” or “Libertarians,” or whomever, cannot figure this out, there won’t be a path to making America great again. What I am trying to say is that you cannot ignore this stuff.

I have worked in places where I was a staff person who had to put physical “holds” on people. I have done this a fair amount. We were trained to do this so we did not get hurt or hurt the person being held. We protected our faces and our family jewels while restraining the person. We had specific ways to get hold of people so risk of harm from their fighting was minimized, as well as their chance of getting away. We never hurt anyone. No broken ribs, which is a big risk. No bloody noses. No broken wrists. They all got up and walked away. All of them.

A police man has many more tools than we had.

The “I can’t breathe” complaint is thrown out all over the place. Sorry, but that is the new reality. Like a suicidal threat, it has to be taken seriously for the minority of occasions when it is genuine. We heard,” stop, you’re hurting me” a lot. But we trained on each other so we knew what it was like to be in each and all of the holds. Like martial arts sparring, or wrestling.

25. NoTwoSystemsOnlyOneChiCom says:

The citizenry of the Philippines are voicing their displeasure with the ChiComs. Now if Manila would unify….
    ChiCom WuFlu diplomacy

• wondering999 says:

Thank you for this news from Philippines. Have had many Filipino coworkers and it is worthwhile to know what their families are facing back home

26. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

27. auscitizenmom says:

A prayer for Justice Kavanaugh and Gen. Flynn:

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
    be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

28. An says:

Hey @sundance you may want to check Undercover Huber & Judicial Watch’s Twitters for two appearance letters by the same lawyer.

In one JW case, she’s representing Cheryl Mills pro bono. In another, she’s being paid to appear for Sullivan in Flynn’s case. Also, the appearance letter is from TODAY yet the WaPo knew on Saturday and posted a story on this.

This feels like shenanigans to me, might be worth a look. I hope that Sidney noticed this, too.