April 9th – 2020 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #1176

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Stephanie Grisham Twitter @StephGrisham45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,108 Responses to April 9th – 2020 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #1176

1. mr.piddles says:

Is it just me, or does Dr. Fauci remind you of the disguised bad guy character at the end of a Scooby Doo episode?

“Let’s see who’s behind all of these fake COVID-19 deaths… [gasps] Guys, it’s Dr. Fauci!!! [more gasps] Dr. Fauci, you used your political powers to try to devastate the U.S. economy!!!”

“And I would have gotten away with it, too, if it wasn’t for you meddling kids and that dog!!!”

It’s probably just me.

2. citizen817 says:

3. citizen817 says:

4. citizen817 says:

5. sunnyflower5 says:

6. citizen817 says:

• Robert Smith says:

Oh, hi, Mitt. You loser.

• FL_GUY says:

Well, Mr. Dumbass Senators, the President does not NEED a reason to fire anyone in the Executive branch which, despite your best efforts, President Trump is in charge of. In the case of this jackass, the IG report shows more than adequate reasons to fire him. But keep in mind, the President can fire anyone he pleases, JUST BECAUSE!

• whoseyore says:

I am thinking most of those folks who signed that document don’t really want the president to publicly announce the real reason he got rid of Atkinson because it would expose their agenda.

• Rynn69 says:

ALL Senators are corrupt…except Rand Paul and probably Ted Cruz and possibly Marsha Blackburn – although she seems to have had “the talk” with Mitch McConnell after becoming a Senator.

Even Tom Cotton has a credibility issue. Even though Tom Cotton goes on Hannity and other shows and says all the right things, there is one glaring problem with Tom Cotton. Tom Cotton is one of thirteen members that sits on the MOST CORRUPT committee in the Senate – the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence (SSCI). And he has never called out Burr, Warner, and others. Only can mean he is A-OK with it.

• lolli says:

Ryan,
          As a Texan, I do not trust Ted any more than I trust the turtle. Sorry. Wish it weren’t so.

• Rynn69 says:

lolli: I take your word. That means we are down to one Senator and one possible (Blackburn) with the jury still out on Blackburn…

• Mad Mike says:

From a Patriotic perspective, I have no faith in any US Senator.

They are the professionals of pro politicians and to get where they are, especially if they’ve been there for multiple terms, I’d bet my last dollar on swamp influence.

There are some Reps that I’m optimistic about but all members of US Congress are the gatekeepers for the Lobbyists. Even if Mr. Smith goes to Washington, he better be an oak… I’m sure the serpents go right to work on the newcomers.

Easy to see why wealthy folks invest so much to become civil servants… the ROI has got to be some of the best around.

• oldumb says:

That isn’t the ONLY thing it can mean. MAYBE he observed and reported. Speaking out would just get him excluded.
          I don’t know it is the case and neither do you. Maybe couch your slanderous accusations with some practical doubt.

• Toenail says:

The loser list now has 6 entries. Who else wants to sign on.

• simple answer … it was Tuesday …

7. sunnyflower5 says:

8. A2 says:

Taiwan MFA has a series of tweets. About the WHO. And how they treated their warnings.

9. Robert Smith says:

Emerald Robinson
    @EmeraldRobinson
    Today I asked President Trump when America was going to open again for business.

“Easter is a very important day…” he told me.

“I don’t think we are going to be very far behind…”

10. JustScott says:

Didnt expect this. Mandy looks at the “Red Blood Cells Doctor.” Hmmm…

• JustScott says:

Thank you. Good info. Also follows a thread; I observed early in the game that there were two primary strains that behaved very differently. One was a PITA, the other killed the entire extended familly inside a week.

I theorized that the initial Seattle, Chicago and upstate NY were the L strain, but could never back that up with data. The rest of US looked like S strain detivatives, but the nextstrain data was not explicit.

If you set this link to color by phylogeny, you can see the progeny of a whole lot of strains circulating now.

There is a lot more to this story that “we” are aware of.

• fred5678 says:

WOW! Fascinating stuff — they use UNIX – like tools and provide super presentation.

Virus genome is evolving FAST.

• fred5678 says:

I was a doubter, as his first video did not make sense to me. He said he’d never seen altitude sickness victims and then diagnosed their appearance as altitude sickness.
        And his explanation was a bit jumbled.

The interview was very sensible.

11. Robert Smith says:

• fred5678 says:

The comments by radiologists are HILARIOUS!

Apparently, Cuomo had a case of the sniffles, at least NOT pneumonia, and looks and feels fine, with normal chest X-ray

• Guyski says:

He never had the Chinese flu.

• KBR says:

Legally speaking, semantics MATTER.

Coronavirus pandemic?

Bwahahahaha!

Is CNN talking about the COMMON COLD? Because we ALL know already what it is like to live through a cold. Hardly newsworthy.

Any news source that reports on “coronavirus” and not just COVID-19 is not worth reading at all.

Any gubernatorial (goober-natorial) mandates using the term “coronavirus” instead of COVID-19 are ASININE and RIDICULOUS, especially if they use “coronavirus testing” and “coronavirus projections” and “coronavirus statistics” to back up their mandates.

Governors who mandate “Coronavirus” measures by law might as well mandate that:

Before using such measures one must repeat four times:
      “Flow out fetid nose, flow out son of fetid nose. Flow out thou breakest bones, destroyest the skull, and makest ill the seven holes in the head.” From Ebers papyrus (earlier than) 1526 BC, curse against/remedy for coronaviruses.
      Source:
      Common Cold
      edited by Ronald Eccles, Olaf Weber

When I say this. I mean that if we are expected to give up all liberties until CORONA VIRUS threat is eradicated, it will be a long long long time.

• Rynn69 says:

Fredo = The Juicy Smolliet of Media

12. spoogels says:

HOW does the WHO head Communist Tedros THREATEN PRES TRUMP???

What does he know?
    What other pathogens does China have in waiting that Tedros is threatening Pres Trump about?

World Health Organization chief hits back at Donald Trump saying don’t politicize the coronavirus crisis ‘if you don’t want many more body bags’ after president threatened to freeze millions in funds for ‘China-centric’ agency

• Eaglet says:

I just read that article this AM and first thing that I thought was, President Trump is using the word “war” because it sounds to me this virus was released on purpose. How can the WHO chief create “more body bags”? He is a very very bad guy.

• j'accuse says:

I don’t know what Tedros was trying to say but the Daily Mail is notorious for rearranging quotes to change the context for sensationalism or whatever and sometimes they just make stuff up, especially when Trump is involved.

• Lisa in TN says:

There is actual audio of him saying it. And that’s what I heard. I thought the same thing – that sounds like a threat

• Jase says:

He’s an Ethiopian Marxist. If he wasn’t a natural thug he’d still be sitting in a mud hut reading Das Kapital to his goats, by the light of a home made candle.

13. tvollrath66 says:

I don’t know if this is true, but I usually trust epoch times. This is a report about covid 19 and that it was engineered.

14. Bigly says:

Please President Trump start talking about the WALL again. They will not stop – first jobs now just free cash for breaking the law….

Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) issued a proposal calling for the federal government to immediately issue debit cards pre-loaded with $2,000 to every person in the US, including to those who have been here for as little as three months. The card would be recharged with $1,000 monthly “until one year after the end of the coronavirus crisis.”

• fred5678 says:

Hopefully this will be her last year of insane proposals if her district has any sense at all.

• upper379 says:

I don’t have a problem giving them something as long as they give us all their pertinent and verifiable information regarding their home address and their job address. This way we have a data base of almost all their stats and numbers. One way to control illegal immigrant population.

15. spoogels says:

CDC issues new guidance saying essential workers who have been exposed to COVID-19 can RETURN to work if showing no symptoms in first step towards reopening the U.S.

16. FL_GUY says:

I want to express an opinion on the supposed corona virus “vaccine”. With Dr. Fraudi’s full court press for a “vaccine” that everyone must be forced to take, people need to educate themselves on what vaccines do, particularly those pushed by Bill Gates. Gates’ vaccines have been killing, maiming and sterilizing people around the world. He has develop a very large list of deaths and disease from his “vaccines.”

I for one swore off vaccines after the big swine flu hysteria of the middle 1970s. That vaccine left a trail of death and maimed people across the country until they quietly withdrew it. I, as a healthy young person, was ill for a few days after taking it. After that fiasco, I said no more.

Some people think that a vaccine is a cure. It is not. A properly constructed vaccine depends on the recipient having a healthy and functional immune system because it is the immune system that protects the body, not the vaccine. The vaccine for a given pathogen takes elements of the pathogen and injects it into the body. The injected pathogen is suppose to be either dead or weakened which allows a healthy immune system to develop antibodies to destroy it before it takes hold and replicates. Theoretically, once the immune system is clued in, future exposure to the pathogen will be quickly dealt with before the pathogen can replicate and overwhelm the body. But the key is, the immune system is the protection, NOT the vaccine. The properly constructed vaccine only serves as a stimulus for the immune system to make antibodies against the pathogen.

So what happens if the vaccine contents have “live” pathogen that has not been sufficiently weakened? Well, if the person’s immune system is weak, they have been given the disease. It happens and apparently has happened a great deal with the Bill Gates backed vaccines. A normal person with a healthy immune system can usually develop antibodies with a properly formulated vaccine and then be resistant to the pathogen.

But what if the immune system is compromised? A “vaccination” is a bad idea. The reason older people are susceptible to diseases is they usually have a weak immune system. Yet, vaccinations are pushed on them. Then of course, what about the people who are on immuno-surpressors? Has anybody ever tracked how many people get sick after the flu “vaccine”? I know it happened to me as a healthy, young adult.

I find it interesting that the corona virus is affected by zinc. Zinc is an important component of the immune system and I read a stat that approximately 25% of the world population is deficient in zinc.

I have always kept up with information to remain healthy. I firmly believe the adage that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Part of my research was a book I got 40 years ago called Zinc and other micro-nutrients. You’d be amazed at the wide range of health issues that low zinc causes.

One of the biggest things I learned from the book is that zinc by itself, is not utilized properly by the body unless you pair it with Vitamin B6. The MD who wrote the book was also a PhD bio-chemist. In his clinic, he treated a lot of different illnesses that stemmed from zinc deficiency. He said that there was an accompanying B6 deficiency which he had to treat before he could add the zinc. He said taking zinc without B6 was pretty useless.

So, Bill Gates has publicly stated the world is over-populated and the population should be reduced by 2/3rds. Two thirds of 7 Billion people would mean that over 4 billion people need to die to please him and make more room for “his” kind of people. So, this is the guy that is giving out vaccines all over the world to save the lives of the over populated “little” people? Vaccines that are suppose to “save” lives? Doesn’t that work against his stated goals? The answer is yes, it does if the vaccines were beneficial but data from many countries shows that Gates’ vaccines kill people, cause sterility and give people diseases that shorten their lives. (Why is Gates not in prison for crimes against humanity?:) So, the Gates vaccines are accomplishing his goals to reduce the world population. And yet, Dr. Fraudi is promoting Gates “vaccine” for the corona virus to be forced on everyone. I doubt seriously that he, or anyone in the know, including Gates, would ever have that crap injected into their bodies.

With the corona virus being affected by zinc levels and 25 percent of the population being low in zinc, that would be a lot of susceptible people. Giving people with weak immune systems the Gates corona virus vaccine would be a catastrophe. I wonder how many of the elderly in the Washington state nursing home in the city where Gates is making his corona virus “vaccine” were victims of test runs of the vaccine?

Everybody is entitled to their opinions on vaccines and that’s fine. But my opinion is no vaccines for me in general and as for a Bill Gates backed vaccine, that would be a HELL NO!!!!!! JMHO

• JoAnn Leichliter says:

It appears that zinc, if transported into the COVID-19 virus by chloroquine, stops the virus from replicating. It cannot enter the virus on its own, however, so although oral zinc is excellent in warding off colds, etc., it will not affect COVID-19. That is my take from perusing literature, anyway.

• MVW says:

Hydroxychloroquine works as an ionophore which is simply a molecule that shepherds the zinc across the cell membrane. The good news is that this isn’t the only ionophore known or tested. There are many and they have all shown to be effective against viral infections.

For instance, the over the counter supplements Quercetin (found in apple skins), EGCg (Green Tea extract) are both ionophores and have been tested against influenza A and even Ebola with success.

On its own, zinc as Zinc Picolinate has been shown to be more efficacious for crossing the cell membrane.

IMO (and is what I do) It makes sense to use this combination of one or more as a prophylactic during flu season.

• Greeneghis Khan says:

JoAnn I think FL guy is indicating that you can take zinc with B6 ongoing then you have the zinc and the transporter in your system (protecting RBC) that works preemptively as the H or C/Z combination drugs work post infection.

• Jerry Joe says:

Wouldn’t it be ironic if the legal community sued the living daylights out of Bill Gates over his so flawed modeling system used to shut our economy down? The ability to keep his judicially granted wealth being summoned back to a much differently oriented judicial system – a boomerang of epic proportions!!!

• I would not touch anything created by Gates with a 30 foot pole.

• peace says:

@fl_guy – liked you comment and have a question for you – I don’t get vaccines/flu shots etc. however, i have been considering the pneumonia shots (there are 2 of them) due to my senior citizen status. What is your opinion about these shots?

• peace: My husband is 75 yrs. old; when he had his annual appointment with his doctor, about mid to late February; doctor did NOT recommend any flu vaccine BUT he did give him a pneumonia shot.
        Same thing with our 93 yr. old neighbor, she goes to the same family practice and she told me her doctor did NOT recommend any flu vaccine BUT gave her a pneumonia shot.
        If that’s any help.

• FL_GUY says:

Hi. I can’t really comment on the value or lack thereof of what is currently a pneumonia vaccine.

I can say that when I was 7(over 60 years ago), I had pneumonia. I was in the hospital for 5 days and don’t remember the first 3. It was treated with IM penicillin. As you probably know, the way penicillin works, it dissolves the protective coating around the pathogen allowing the body immune system to successfully destroy it. After the first two injections, I started improving but it took 3 days for my body to catch up with the weakened pathogen, whatever it was. It took months afterwards before I could finally take a full breath. Pneumonia is dangerous. And I advise everyone who gets the cold and flu to go all in to treat it to avoid it triggering pneumonia. Fortunately, with my supplement program, I haven’t had a cold or flu in many years.

But today, I personally would not take a “vaccine” that is suppose to be for pneumonia mainly because there are too many different pathogens that can trigger pneumonia. How can there really be an effective vaccine to spur the immune system to resist any number of pathogens that can cause pneumonia? There is no way to demonstrate that such a vaccine really works. And what if the “vaccine” is poorly manufactured with a cocktail of pathogens that have not been weakened sufficiently for someone with a compromised immune system?

So to make an informed decision, you need to find out just WHAT is in this vaccine and how it allows the body to resist pneumonia. If the medical person cannot explain in understandable terms why it works against pneumonia or what is in it,……. well, to me, that is a red flag. Pneumonia is not cut and dried. Any number of pathogens can trigger it. Pneumonia is the lungs filling up with fluid and it is an awful feeling which can kill you.

Basically, we all need to be doing things to boost our immune system and keep it running properly. We are constantly exposed to pathogens. They are everywhere and never go away. Yet, we are not always sick. Our only line of defense against this constant contact with pathogens is the immune system; it is physically impossible for there to be a “vaccine” for every pathogen on the planet but there are many things we can do to strengthen our immune system, the most powerful “vaccine” in existence is in our own body. The older we get, the more important it is to boost the immune system.

So, that’s my view. Hope it helps.

• “Overpopulation: Just Enough of Me, Way Too Much of You”–P.J. O’Rourke

• Bubby says:

Why doesn’t some reporter ask Dr. Fauci if he has an ownership or financial interest in the development of a vaccine for the Wuhan virus?

• Why?
        *Lack of intestinal fortitude.
        *Lack of morals.
        *Lack of honesty.
        *Lack of testicular hair.
        *Lack of rectal hair.
        *Affiliation with the Democrat Party.
        *Affection for the Deep State.
        *Fear of rejection.

• Doppler says:

The Epoch Times video linked above on the Origins of the Wuhan Virus documents that in mid-February the Wuhan Virology Institute patented Remdesevir for Covid-19, and both are part of a CCP affiliated life science mega company called Wuxi Bioscience.

• B Woodward says:

FL_Guy, thanks for the info. I’ve got my ionic zinc drops but I didn’t know about the B6.

I’ve had a lot of success knocking out flu-like symptoms with Oscillococcinum if I take it when I first start feeling sick (except when it has expired). And Shane Ellison, an award-winning drug designer, AKA The People’s Chemist, in his book Over the Counter Natural Cures (Expanded Edition), recommends garlic cloves and andrographis (unless pregnant) for their anti-viral properties. Shane says they supercharge your immune system and help flush out viral and bacterial infections.

Shane Ellison also states that the Mayo Clinic – a bastion of mainstream medicine – states that, “vaccine failure has become increasingly apparent.” The flu vaccine has proven just as worthless. In 2007, the CDC reported that it had “no or low effectiveness” against influenza or influenza-like illnesses. The data showed that the flu vaccine protected no more than 14% of those who received it. And this wasn’t some fluke. The vaccine is rarely any more effective than that. Doctors who do their homework understand that vaccines are ineffective. Dr. Ira Goodman MD, FACS, ABHIM, a surgeon from Loyola Medical School is one of them. Through email correspondence, he told me he is against vaccines simply because “they don’t work!” The failure of vaccines has finally gone mainstream. When you consider the number of outright toxins contained in these experimental concoctions, the implications are chilling. Reason #2 Vaccines Expose Kids to Toxins: According to fact sheets put out by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Food & Drug Administration (FDA), vaccines are brimming with toxins. These include dozens of chemicals, heavy metals, allergens, and numerous objectionable ingredients, such as monkey kidney cells, aborted fetal tissue, formaldehyde, mercury, aluminum, etc.:

• bleep21k says:

@FL_GUY – I agree with your opinion wholeheartedly!

I personally do not understand where bill gates would have any authority concerning this “health” issue other than his wealth being able to “buy time” – why is he on the interview and media circuit (circus) now?

Some answer lie within this article I’ve posted (long read but well worth it), some very concerning connections between his “foundations”, his use of “charity”, and what he has in store for the future of our planet (America).

I will refuse any vaccines offerings related in anyway to bill gates or any associated.

Sad, but just like a lot of “institutions” I grew up trusting had our best interest at heart, the medical/health care industry is biting the dust!

Not sure what to trust anymore – but it AIN’T bill gates.

17. bjorn says:

As Sundance has repeatedly pointed out this has been about Main st vs Wall st as the bigger picture. Secondly, multi-nationals have a business model of monopoly control, not competition. Their entire business model is oriented to this and always has been, massive corruption and even govt overthrow in the 3rd world has been part of their model for years. So lets imagine that the era of globalization is coming to an end and you need to somehow make up the shortfall you now have from the loss of the offshoring advantage and position yourself for a future monopoly position. You removed yourself from that market and now you need to get back in. Ask yourself these questions?

How would you go about denuding the competitve Main St landscape in the US and the rest of the western world to enable an easier corporate re-entry? (Why would this only really affect the developed countries?)

How would you implement a public policy that massively affected the small business/ physical business model, less so the corporate sector and even benefits the large scale supply/distribution businesses?

How would you provide a sudden large surplus pool of unemployed to reset a rising wage environment with restricted immigration?

why would a policy that achieves these aims be pushed globally despite significant evidence showing this has no measurable effect on the actual issue it was supposedly dealing with?

Sounds crazy – but perhaps no more crazy than house arrest for 1 billion people for a normal flu season. Remember trillions are at stake. At some point we need to attribute to malice those things that cannot be explained as incompetence.

• bertdilbert says:

The thing about monopolies is that everybody wants one. The only permanent monopoly is government.

• freespeechfanatic says:

Excellent hypothesis. I’ve maintained as well that one of the objectives here is to wipe out 30-50% of American small business. Small business, hitherto multiplying and prospering under Trump, are a direct threat to the Left and Deep State both materially and existentially.

• 55praises says:

Small businesses are those wonderful enterprises where creativity can be unleashed, where opportunities for realizing one’s God-given potential flourish. I personally have always enjoyed being eclectic – why anyone would want to be exactly like anyone else, or have exactly the same things, is going against how God created us. Individuality is a gift to be embraced!

18. KBR says:

Does your state use the term “coronavirus” when listing the numbers for Covid 19? Is “coronavirus” used in the mandatory state rules (Where you can and cannot go, whom you can and cannot visit, whether you must stay at home or must go to work? Whether you can play golf but cannot play cornhole toss with neighbors in your own backyard?)

In NC “coronavirus cases” are reported. In NC certain “coronavirus antibody tests” are being utilized. In NC “coronavirus” restrictions and regulations are reported in the newspapers.

Which “coronavirus” means, as a medicolegal term, you are one of those cases if you have antibodies against a cold, or you have (or possibly have ever been exposed to) a cold.

If my governor (Cooper, a democrat) wants to be a dictator he can hide behind the word “coronavirus” instead of making rules specifically concerning COVID-19 as long as he wants.

If the media keeps telling us about “coronavirus” instead of COVID-19, then it is telling us how many people have had/been tested for ordinary common colds, other types of flu than COVID-19.

In short, how legal are the rules that fail to discriminate between
    229E (alpha coronavirus)
    NL63 (alpha coronavirus)
    OC43 (beta coronavirus)
    HKU1 (beta coronavirus)

MERS-CoV (the beta coronavirus that causes Middle East Respiratory Syndrome, or MERS)
    SARS-CoV (the beta coronavirus that causes severe acute respiratory syndrome, or SARS)

When the ASSUMPTION is that we are fighting
    SARS-CoV-2 (the novel coronavirus that causes coronavirus disease 2019, or COVID-19?)

If the common cold coronaviruses are part and parcel of all the tests there will NEVER be a “safe” time to go back to what was normal life in the USA.

Is it too much to insist that our media and lawmakers and Governors STICK TO USING THE ONE term instead of dictating our lives and removing our freedoms due to the COMMON COLD term?

• bertdilbert says:

As we get more April data in we will be able to compare with prior years. Then we have to subtract the missing causes of death to figure out exactly how many deaths the 19 is responsible for.

• KBR says:

Do you trust the data?

Is that coronavirus data, or is it Sars2/COVID-19 data? How can you know?

Subtracting the missing causes of death? How can we subtract something that is missing?

It is all extrapolation. And it is all extrapolation from garbage numbers in the first place.

See my point?

It is the old “garbage in=garbage out” dilemma.

• upper379 says:

KBR, Bert has a point. You have to start somewhere. After this China Flu is over we will see how many died from the CV19 and a myriad of other flus and bugs we always carry within us. If you add the them all up we will probably find numbers about equal to any other strong flu season.

• KBR says:

Perhaps it is the best we can do. And I do get the point of it.

But with statistics almost anything can be “proven” depending upon the pov of the one doing the proving…

“Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are pliable.”
            ― Mark Twain

• Greeneghis Khan says:

take the average of the last five years of other COD and subtract from Covid19 and you would have a better approximation of actual CV19 deaths than any model Feauxci is using.

• thedoc00 says:

That is not an accurate or even viable measure because of the definitions that have been used to explain illness and causes of death. Also, does not allow for fluctuations in effectiveness of counters yo current diseases as well as outright fluctuations in human immunity to existing diseases, more people not drinking and driving, people just being outright more careful, fluctuations in suvivability of other viruses in the environment, et al

• Mike Robinson says:

As I’ve said before, “We’ve all been had …” by a virus that usually causes a really bad cold and nothing more.

All around the world, commerce literally stopped for this. We were taught to be scared – of everyone and everything. And now this same doctor is telling us that we should hide in our houses wearing tin-foil hats … forever.

The reality is: “you might catch cold.”

• KBR says:

Mike, I am inclined to agree with you as long as the reports and mandates are about CORONAVIRUS.

It is apparent that the covid19 is merely this year’s (last year’s) Sars variant. That is not to say that this particular Sars is not a nasty thing.

What is NOT apparent, and SHOULD be: are all varieties of coronavirus being lumped together in all or part of the statistics being utilized to take away our FREEDOM and ruin our ECONOMY?

What is also NOT apparent is whether one can sue against Draconian mandates designed to “protect us” from ALL coronavirus until a cure is found for the common cold.

About 3,546 years ago, or more, an Egyptian mandate was that a curse against coronavirus must be said over the various treatments. See my post above here:

I personally think 3,546 years or more is too long to limit our freedoms, lock us in our houses, close down jobs.

(Same book talks about coronavirus/colds and even earlier Chinese mythical kings/leaders/healers Rx’s, but hey, AFIK, all the Chinese stuff is myth anyhoo.)

• Somebody says:

Mike there are REAL cases of this virus going tragically wrong. Yes, many have mild symptoms but some do not.

I personally know an entire family that is Covid-19 positive, travel related. Two of which had such low 02 levels they required hospitalization. One was in ICU and very close to being put on a vent before HCQ+Z-pak was started. The second hospitalized one learned from the first and demanded medication combo earlier and seems to be on her way home.

The other 5 in the house have no required hospitalization, but to quantify it as a cold is simply not accurate. Even the 20 year old, physically fit one has struggled with a terrible cough. Comparing it to bronchitis would be more accurate IMO. I’ve not been around them, but have been in touch via telephone. The sniffles this is NOT.

• ladyliberty11 says:

Thank you for this sad tale about your friends, a total farce and near tragedy because they could not get HCQ + Z-pak treatment until they were both hospitalized and either close to death’s door or had to demand it. Was this in New York state or another state?

• Somebody says:

Florida

• Somebody says:

I have posted multiple times to the “it’s just a cold” crowd. Yours is the 1st response I’ve had and you’re not part of that clique.

There may well be more than one strain and one may be like a cold, but the people I know would beg to differ. It appears they contracted it in NYC, that is why I said travel related.

I don’t know if there are different strains, if it is natural or a bio-weapon or if the death counts are real. All I’m saying is there is in fact a real virus that is going around that indeed can cause serious, life-threatening complications. Not everyone has those complications, but even the ones I know that have had it and not had complications would NOT describe it as the common cold. They might describe it as bronchitis, adult croup, whooping cough with a side of flu aches, fatigue and outrageous fever spikes.

One that wasn’t hospitalized said it felt like an elephant parked on his chest or a vice grip on his chest for about 5 days. All said it completely wiped them out. The ones hospitalized couldn’t breathe, very low 02 levels and continued to decline until HCQ+Z-pak. The others recovered without the combo, only 2 left to not be completely recovered but seem to be well on the way.

Does any of that sound like the common cold? I didn’t think so 🙄

• Rynn69 says:

Whether it be coronavirus or Covid-19, Governors cannot rip freedoms and livelihoods away from the American people. Period. A deep dive on this is going to have to be done to ensure this tyrannical BS mandating forced separation and isolation cannot be imposed by one Governor or one person.

• KBR says:

It needs a fast Supreme Court case.
        And the Supreme Court is anything but fast.

And it is EXPENSIVE,

so some Joe Blow arrested for playing cornhole (bean bag toss) with two neighbors in his backyard (a game where players are 12 feet and more apart)

by order from a Governor who was playing golf with his friends at the time Joe Blow was arrested, (a game where players are NOT usually that far apart, but is apparently still ESSENTIAL just because the Gov likes his golf,)

Joe cannot afford to sue in the first place, especially if Joe was out of work b/c his work was not mandated ESSENTIAL.

Our checks and balances system is not checking this imbalance.

19. Jenevive says:

With Fauci saying this virus will be back in the fall.. Will this be the October Surprise
    we have to go thru all again..Just before the elections.

I would say if we learned anything from this is to prepare now when things ease up
    a bit (and they will for a while) POTUS will get things opened) stock up on
    Toliet Paper, start stocking up on food, get yourself some masks and gloves
    now, while we know how the movie ends in the fall when we are here again.

I wouldn;t be surprised if they tried to shut us down again right thru CHRISTMAS.
    and THANKSGIVING of course can;t have those holidays with your family this year
    Sorry kids HALLOWEEN is cancelled.. So is THANKGIVING and CHRISTMAS.

20. Patriot1783 says:

Other countries will follow…and the corrupt who tried to prolong and profit from the evil will soon be suffering their fate.

21. ElTocaor says:

So, the first confirmed covid-19 patient in the USA arrived from Wuhan on January 15.

And after holding the Articles of Impeachment for almost a month, Speaker Pelosi finally sent the House Impeachment to the Senate on January 15.

Kinda almost coordinated, no?

• bacillus says:

If interested, this is the brief version of the Jan 31, 2020 NEJM article that originally described the case.

• Publius2016 says:

December 2019 in LA NYC San Francisco DC most likely…

• lolli says:

Publius,👍
        I believe Texas had it in December, also.
        Several elementary schools were closed, due to a “flu”, for a week to clean. I do believe our bad “flu” season, was at least in part, due to the China flu.
        I do know that up until a month ago, if you were tested for the flu and it didn’t match A or B strain, they just put “unknown” flu.
        At the time, we were being invaded from the south, including 1k from China each month, according to WBTW, Kolfage. A tweet had been posted here regarding that information.

22. Angus D says:

Hollywood/MSM is now under complete control of communists. Everything they produce is dark evil and meant to spread fear and terror. If I can control your fear, I can control YOU

23. OhNoYouDont says:

Stats that are the United States numbers from https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

On the included website, there are interactive linear graphs that have data points that reflect running totals for a particular day.

—–

TOTAL CORONAVIRUS CASES IN THE UNITED STATES
    Data Point: April 1 – 216,408
    Data Point: April 8 – 434,937
    The difference between 434,937 and 216,408 is 218,529
    So, new cases in the US reported in the last 7 days
    Therefore, 218,529 of 434,937 is 50%
    (50% of new cases in the US have been reported during the last 7 days)

—–

TOTAL CORONAVIRUS DEATHS IN THE UNITED STATES
    Data Point: April 1 – 5,107
    Data Point: April 8 – 14,788
    The difference between 14,788 and 5,107 is 9,681
    So, 9,681 new deaths in the US reported in the last 7 days
    Therefore, 9,681 of 14,788 is 65%
    (65% of new deaths in the US have been reported during the last 7 days)

• OhNoYouDont says:

TOTAL CORONAVIRUS CASES IN THE UNITED STATES
      Data Point: March 9 – 704
      Data Point: April 8 – 434,937

TOTAL CORONAVIRUS DEATHS IN THE UNITED STATES
      Data Point: March 9 – 26
      Data Point: April 8 – 14,788

—–

Gov. DeWine declares state of emergency after 3 Ohioans test positive for coronavirus
      By Carrie Ghose – Staff reporter, Columbus Business First
      Mar 9, 2020, 3:44pm EDT
      Updated Mar 10, 2020, 10:25am EDT

• Charles Darwin says:

Please make the death numbers larger font and use bold colors, or maybe make them spin rapidly like the national debt clock. That would have a much greater public scare effect.

In my own state, yesterday’s updated projection from the lauded Fauci/Birx (IHME) model says fewer people will die from COVID-19 than normally die from highway accidents each year.

• Charles Darwin- that is an excellent suggestion! It is really strange the way this person keeps injecting these “statistics” with absolutely NO context or links to the authorities they come from Fear Porn at its finest. Maybe they are mistaking CTH for another blog or website?

• OhNoYouDont says:

worldometers.info data is an aggregate of links all 50 state / DC / US territory official reporting stations for the COVID-19 pandemic.

Your ‘context’ argument is unsubstantiated, Where are your links?

• Ausonius says:

Thank you for these daily efforts!

So we have the impossibility of determining whether Wuhan Flu was the only cause of death, or a catalyst in the death, or perhaps not involved at all because of Leftists wanting to inflate the numbers.

And our economic lives – at the least! – are demolished more and more every day because of fear and lies increasing that fear.

24. Angus D says:

All money thrown at liberalism is wasted, look at how they have devalued a college education. Its nothing but the little comrades indoctrination academy now. College graduates are dumber than rocks, certainly less able to deal with life than non graduates, how truly sad

25. MaineCoon says:

Below is an excerpt received in today’s Presidential Prayer Team’s letter from the president, Jim Bolthouse. The second sentence was bolded but I don’t know how to add that attribute in WordPress. It certainly makes it know that there are many doing wrong. They know, including POTUS.

FTA: There is another invisible enemy — just as deadly. A spiritual battle continues for the heart of our nation. We are asking you to please be in prayer specifically for God to allow the exposure of those who seek to conceal the truth and take advantage of this time of affliction.

26. scrap1ron says:

I haven’t had a chance to delve into this too far yet. However, now you can check your county’s “social distancing score”. Yes, my county of Chautauqua NY gets a D. Looks like my social credit score is going to take a hit. It also appears our overlords have been using this tracking score for awhile if they are comparing this year to previous ones, and now they are finally admitting it.

The All Seeing Eye has his eye on you, citizen.

• boogywstew says:

I’m also in Chautauqua County. Dunkirk – Fredonia area.

• Jason Ross says:

Interesting data. I’d take home that ‘D’ grade with pride.

What’s the score for unemployment before and after the onset of the virus? Drug addiction? Food deserts? Comorbidities? Those are grades that should be assigned to Albany.

In Chautauqua, two people have died of Heroin overdoses in the last 15 days. The same number of fatalities attributed to the virus in the last 3 months. Maybe Cuomo should say a couple words about them.

Western New York was absolutely primed for a genocide with the onset of this virus. Chautauqua has far more elderly, smokers and diabetics per capita than the state average. But the much-hyped virus isn’t playing out according to the hysteria.

• scrap1ron says:

I’m doing my part to get my county social distancing score to an “F”. Meanwhile, our local media is not the least bit curious on how this tracking data is generated. Any inquiries posted in the comments section of their websites is flushed down the memory hole.

People are being treated like a mushroom. Kept in the dark and fed s***.

• scrap- thanks for the info! Putnam County which has now turned from Red to Purple, is one of the higher scoring counties in the metro area.

If the Commie a-holes who live here knew about this chart, they would undoubtedly call for mandatory house checks and mass arrests of anyone suspected of having the virus.

One of the most disturbing things about this manufactured “crisis” is the discovery of how much my home town has changed in the last 20 years. Old timers like me who still care about Liberty, Freedom, our God given civil rights and NY’s confiscatory property taxes are few and far between.
          The newer, younger people from NYC and Westchester who are coming here to escape the mess they created downstate, are mostly ultra liberal Demon Rats whose biggest political battle was to promote Drag Queen Story Hour in our local library.
          I scan the local FB pages, occasionally trolling them by putting up one of the many great articles that are being written by conservative writers and thinkers. The blow back I get from my neighbors is sickening and disgusting. Not one seems to have a problem with being under house arrest.
          Some people say that this “crisis” is bringing out the best in people. Not where I live. Quite the opposite in fact.

• Trump2020 says:

That’s my county too!! I live in Westfield.

• Mad Mike says:

It appears they’re not only looking at proximity and movement but the actual endpoints of your travel as well… when I pull up my rural SC county (we’re up to a D- today), I notice a statistic titled “decrease in non-essential visits”.

If this is based purely on GPS data, someone is changing coordinates to addresses and making a decision as to whether or not your trip was essential.

Made me wonder if it’s just fabricated.

So I start looking into their metrics and see the site’s author quoting Tomas Pueyo, who was one of the first pitching curve-flattening if I recall correctly. When I dig into Tomas Pueyo (“I’m not an epidemiologist but…”), I see an International guy from Silicon Valley that told us 10 million would die if we did nothing.

He runs an online learning site and has written a book about Star Wars! His article on the Covid-19 was retweeted 37 million times by mid-March and had names such as Presidential wannabe Andrew Yang, actor George Takei, Twitter cofounder Ev Williams, author Margaret Atwood, social psychologist Jonathan Haidt, and cognitive scientist Steven Pinker giving him high-fives.

Color me suspicious.

Dig into the site itself and find that Thomas Walle and his Unacast company are in the “proximity business”. Guess what? He’s another Silicon Valley suit that created TIDAL (which he credits with saving “the record industry from being killed by piracy”, which he sold to Jay-Z. He and partner Kjartan Slette created Unacast and they’re swimming in cell phone data.

Seems like he’s pimping his business (the Real World Graph TM, https://www.unacast.com/post/introducing-the-real-world-graph) when you get down to it. You can read interviews with Pueyo, who’s loving his new found fame. Who knows, both may be disciples of Gates. I trust none of them.

• scrap1ron says:

This website is being used by my County government, and hence, NYS government. It really doesn’t matter if this company is making the data up or not, because it’s what NYS government officials want to hear and use to justify their control of the populace. No doubt other States use this as well for the same nefarious purpose. Reminds me of some Pink Floyd lyrics from “The Wall”.

Mother do you think they’ll drop the bomb?
        Mother do you think they’ll like this song?
        Mother do you think they’ll try to break my balls?
        Ooh, ah
        Mother should I build the wall?
        Mother should I run for President?
        Mother should I trust the government?
        Mother will they put me in the firing line?
        Ooh ah,
        Is it just a waste of time?
        Hush now baby, baby, don’t you cry.
        Mama’s gonna make all your nightmares come true.
        Mama’s gonna put all her fears into you.
        Mama’s gonna keep you right here under her wing.
        She won’t let you fly, but she might let you sing.
        Mama’s gonna keep baby cozy and warm.
        Ooh baby, ooh baby, ooh baby,
        Of course mama’s gonna help build the wall.
        Mother do you think she’s good enough?
        For me?
        Mother do you think she’s dangerous,
        To me?
        Mother will she tear your little boy apart?
        Ooh ah,
        Mother will she break my heart?
        Hush now baby, baby don’t you cry.
        Mama’s gonna check out all your girlfriends for you.
        Mama won’t let anyone dirty get through.
        Mama’s gonna wait up until you get in.
        Mama will always find out where you’ve been.
        Mama’s gonna keep baby healthy and clean.
        Ooh baby, ooh baby, ooh baby,
        You’ll always be baby to me.
        Mother, did it need to be so high?

• Paprika says:

Bladen County, NC has a score of F for social distancing. They have 1 positive test and 0 deaths. Guilford County has a score of B- for social distancing. They have 122 positive tests and 8 deaths(our NC “hotspot”). I think I’d prefer to be in the F social distancing county, how about you?

NC has a population of 10,500,000 and only 3,426 positive tests out of 42,987 tests taken, 386 in the hospital, and 53 deaths as of yesterday’s update. To put that into perspective-1% of 1% of our population = 1,050 people. We have 386 in the hospital due to COVID.

The overall # of ICU beds and ventilators IN USE has not statistically gone up since this started with our 1st COVID death on March 3rd. I’m sure it will, but we have lot’s of capacity open and available.

Guess we TarHeels are a we bit slow in learning how to play the COVID-19 game very well. Reckon we’re just better at something we’ve had lot’s of practice in, like golf, fishing, football, hunting, and basketball ! (grin)

27. BuckNutGuy says:

Please keep in mind that the jobs report this morning expecting 5MM+ newly unemployed will be despite all of the stimulus designed to keep people on the payroll. It might be a while for some of these jobs to come back.
    Time to open this thing back up. Everyday causes additional damage some of which may be permanent.

28. BuckNutGuy says:

Disney owns ABC. Please keep the below in mind while the media advocates for extended lock downs because as Milton Friedman taught for so many years: “incentives matter.”

“Walt Disney said subscribership numbers for its Disney+ streaming service have now surpassed 50 million globally. The jump has been driven by global stay-at-home orders, as well as the introduction of the service in India where 8 million people have signed up…”

• jimboct says:

I work for Disney and directly with the Disney + Platform. While I confirm the streaming service is growing leaps and bounds, Disney management wants the parks opened as soon as it can. The money the parks make plus the fact that the studio division isn’t getting box office money from theatrical releases is putting Disney in a hard spot. They are losing a lot of revenue (like most companies are). I can’t speak to how this affects ABC reporting. I am not a fan of the liberal bend of ABC/CBS/NBC/CNN. I am a conservative working at a very liberal company.
      I find myself remaining mute every time I see things like “Choose your own personal pronouns” and other liberal claptrap.
      I hope we open up our economy soon. Let’s get back to work!
      Thank you VSGPDJT. You love us and want the best for all of us.

29. Hans says:

Mail in voting is The reason Dr Fauci is pushing the Virus comming back in the fall. Our tv station Pundit was pushing it. Voter Fraud..

• Richie5Angels says:

They are fudging the death numbers..Go to 19:30 of the video to watch the interview with a doc who blows it wide open.. the death numbers are wildly overstated…we might be at half of the deaths right now….remember, Italy overstated by 88%…Laura doing great work…

• For the next 5-6 months, MAGA and other non-corrupt researchers need to work very hard to examine the assumptions and data of the “pandemic”:

–Origin of the virus outbreak: accidental or not
        –Why did the “pandemic” seemingly hit the most advanced economies the hardest, while “outbreaks” were relatively mild in s—hole countries?
        –Rigorous investigation of all cases coded as “COVID-19 deaths”
        –Total overall morbidity by month compared to recent years (In 1918, as a result of a real pandemic, the Spanish flu, total overall morbidity jumped in the U.S. compared to 1910s and 1920s).
        –Best treatments for the Wuhan Virus: what is the death rate once these treatments are followed?
        –Efficacy of “social distancing” measures? Not (illogical) anecdotal “evidence,” but scientific proof these measures are effective.
        –Etc.

30. Charles Darwin says:

The law of unintended consequences is kicking in…Congratulations to the “shutdown club” for ruining our economy, our society, and soon our medical system. Hell of job folks, but we bent the curve so all is good…

• Rynn69 says:

This is why GLOBALISM FAILS ON ALL LEVELS. What may seem normal in a Third World culture is illegal, unconstitutional, and against all freedoms in a Developed Nation and the West. GLOBALISM IS A FAILURE ON ALL LEVELS.

31. spoogels says:

Coronavirus mostly spread to New York from Europe and was sweeping through the city by mid-February, study of genomes reveals

32. spoogels says:

White House Halts USAID’s Foreign Shipments of Coronavirus Aid, Diverts Supplies to US

33. A2 says:

The Czech do not mince words. Direct speech.

34. Great article from the Federalist about the threat of Bigger Government.
    *** President Trump and his team members need to speak more about our loss of Liberty and Freedom.
    I hope our President is listening to Rush, Levin, Steyn, VDH, Tucker and the other conservative pundits who are up in arms about the Police State we are living in.

• Reserved55 says:

He must rid the U.S. of the Communist frauds starting with Birx and Fauci. Next the MSM and then release the citizenry.

How many have Heard of Herd? Shout it daily, Mr President

35. New line of attack on briefings via WSJ – ok if you have to broadcast , let Pence lead them with scientists yada , yada , Trump too much exposure , Press jousting unproductive, distracting – translation from MSM – stop your killing us

36. wtd says:

Necessity is the mother of invention….using the Passover kippah (head covering) to adapt to face mask

37. ltravisjr says:

I saw a Quinnipiac poll yesterday and it said Fauci had an approval of 78% vs 7% disapproval while Trump had only 46% approval for his management of the pandemic.

I understand polls serve an agenda now and sampling and leading questions slant them but wow what a difference in numbers. How can they be so stark even if they are cooked? So far Trump’s plan essentially *is* Fauci’s plan. So far he has gone right along with Fauci’s recommendations. What’s more, the only difference I can see is that Trump wants the people to get back to work soon and Fauci doesn’t – and the people prefer Fauci’s outlook???

• MitchRyderDetroitWheels says:

That poll is a joke. Created for the cabal no doubt.

• ltravisjr says:

I feel likewise but would like to know how they pulled such stark numbers, even if they were biased pollsters. It’s almost as if they simply ignored whatever results they did come up with and completely fabricated what they reported. Its that far outside of what I would expect the people to answer – or I woefully misunderstand people.

• ltravisjr says:

For reference:

PS. Cuomo gets 59%/17% approval yet POTUS is underwater? And there is overwhelming approval for a national stay at home order? What don’t I get about people?

• ltravisjr says:

And now the news of another record 6M+ jobless claims. According to the Quinnipiac poll results this is from the policies that the public is just overwhelmingly loving. SMH

• KBR says:

It might be a good idea to reverse everything any Quinnipiac poll says.

That one is always as wrong as can be, IMO.

38. Charles Darwin says:

Back-to-back-to-back weekly records for unemployment claims. Wow…the Shutdown Club must be very proud. 6,610,000 more announced today. Three week total now almost 17,000,000 which is over 10% of total working population at start of the shut down.

• FofBW says:

IMHO, this should not be a surprise, but an expectation given our entire country is shutdown.

• BuckNutGuy says:

It must stop now. We have decided to measure success based upon “lives lost.” At this point, the lives lost from the imported China flu will be less than lives lost from imported China drugs. Don’t give the BS line about one being a pandemic and the other behaviorally driven. The measurement stick is lives lost so this is absolutely apples to apples. This is insanity.

39. DeWalt says:

Lionel is knocking it out of the park this morning.

• litenmaus says:

ROFL….thanks for posting DeWalt…

Do not tell Lionel that we’re never gonna shakes hands again…

8:00 Lionel has conversation with Anthony Fauci….”drop your pants Tony, we’re gonna put this copper wire around your nuts….”

40. sunnyflower5 says:

41. bruzedorange says:

So I’m guessing this story arrives as the pretext for the next Schiff investigation:

Cue the National Center for Medical Intelligence (NCMI) “whistleblowers” … whose claims will be rejected by the new Pentagon IG … whose credibility as a Trump appointee will then be attacked in unison (fortissimo, accelerando) by the media … which will “make it necessary” for Pelosi to ask Schiff to open a new investigation of “the President’s reckless disregard of the American people’s health in order to protect his campaign interests.” Volume 3

42. spoogels says:

Map showing which Covid genomes came to the US from where–the EU mainly

Genomic epidemiology of novel coronavirus – Global subsampling

43. bessie2003 says:

Found this to be an interesting rabbit hole. It is about the machine and a bit about the inventor of a machine that is being used in the development of testing for the Wuhan pneumonia. It’s a bit lengthy, and ‘above my pay grade’ (one of former VP Biden’s favorite euphemisms to silence his opponents) as I am not scientifically inclined, but it sure makes a lot of sense when talking about the creation of the mental pandemic of control needed by these globalists which does ring true, especially interesting is the machine inventor’s comments about Dr. Fauci, WHO, Gates, etc.: