NEC Director Larry Kudlow Discusses Early Results of Small Business Relief…

National Economic Council Director Larry Kudlow discusses the early results from businesses and individuals participating in the CARES Act financial relief bill.  Of the $380 billion set aside for small business assistance, so far $38 billion has been distributed.

This entry was posted in Big Government, Coronavirus, Economy, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

86 Responses to NEC Director Larry Kudlow Discusses Early Results of Small Business Relief…

1. Harvey Lipschitz says:

Obama’s lawn jockey Joe was in charge of counting every dime of stimulus.
    He lost track of every dime.

2. jimrockfish says:

Real world report here. I have applied for the unemployment for self employed under the CARES act and also a disaster relief loan from the SBA.

Received a couple follow up letters today from the state unemployment department. They need more information. I originally applied last Wed I believe. So that is still pending.

Have not heard anything from the SBA yet.

• doohmax says:

I also applied as a self-employed contractor for the disaster relief loan 10 days ago. So far, crickets. I applied for the CARES loan on April 2 through my local bank. The banker called me the next day and forwarded a new application. He said they had changed the application Thursday night around 11:00 PM central time. The only difference I could tell was that I had to certify that all my employees were US citizens. I think that’s a good idea. As of today April 7, I’ve heard nothing from either application.

3. Spazznout says:

I am a small business owner.

These bills are a joke.

They kick the can with interests with huge stipulations that favor the government by keeping people off of the unemployment numbers and does NOTHING for the small business.

What a joke this has all become.

Our economy is done folks. Pay attention.

You can NOT replace the revenue for 30% of the economy for a month plus with a few bills and expect nothing bad to happen.

The bills passed so far are a total waste of money.

All this whole episode of FEAR has done is allowed the big companies who already got a no loan bailout to steal the market share that small business’s once lived off of.

That is who is winning here again. The too big to fails as they loan us our own money at a 1% fee then the government buys the loans right back from them………….

The number in the real world vs the corona projections are in 2 different universes.

Latest CDC estimate is 87K deaths

Open the damn economy NOW!

America We are in TROUBLE>

I FEAR Trump has lost control

We are NOT going back to the way things were 30 days ago.

That is gone forever, its NOT going to come roaring back.

businesses are gone……big corps have already laid off 30% of their workforce internally.

All that is left is for the all clear and then the recognition of this destruction.

cant file bankruptcy if court is closed.

Cant be evil corporation and fire someone during a pandemic, we will just lay them off for now.

• vikingmom says:

“Latest CDC estimate is 87K deaths – Open the damn economy NOW!”

My bet is that the numbers that come out tomorrow will be even lower that the 82K from April 5th – and they know it, which is why the CDC had to change the guidelines so that MORE deaths will be attributed to COVID because they need those numbers to be high so that they can keep the economy closed until it is beyond hope of resurrecting it before November!

• linda4298 says:

Potus would not let that happen.

• rcogburn says:

Vikingmom,
        Thank you for bird dogging this with the IMHE numbers. You’re 100% right. They keep changing the guidelines and moving the goalposts. This thing isn’t bad enough for them as is – they want terror.

• vikingmom says:

I feel like a broken record but the IHME models were NEVER accurate – they provoked the reaction that was needed to get everyone into a panic and now they are backing off because even with the change in CDC coding there is no way to get the number of deaths higher than any other flu season.

They HAVE to keep that info from the public because there will be massive riots if the truth comes out – but since most of the public is at home happily surrendering their rights to the “all caring, all knowing government” they may just get away with it!

• NoMorePrivacy says:

And, they would really be in for a lynching if the antibody blood test showed thousands of people already had the virus and lived. Not everyone who gets a fever and a cough go to the doctor. Maybe that’s why they seem to be dragging their feet on one. Fauci said it was not a priority.

• vikingmom says:

I live 15 minutes from the Kirkland Life Care Center, where the huge outbreak began in January but I know many, many people around here, myself and my husband included, who had something like this in early December.

• FrankieZee says:

M y daughter and my ex both had this in Dec and Jan I am convinced. The doctors said it was a form of bronchitis. They were both sick for about 3 weeks and I spent a month with them both and never caught it.

• jnr2d2 says:

Also the inputors into the IHME model are changing the data! I follow the Worldometers.info. Generally, up to recently the numbers matched for deaths in USA. BUT they added about 400 deaths to Saturday’s 1330 (April 4), making it 1755. Then on sundays count of 1165, they added 580 to goose it to 1745. And yesterday, Monday the 6th the actual was 1255, and they haven’t entered it in yet; but the estimate is for 1967! Today’s report is not finalized yet and stands at 1690, with a model estimate of 2140. Let’s see how they “add” to get closer to their model !!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Just a note: today’s increase over yesterday has been primarily been due to 232 more NY deaths and 145 NJ deaths, and 60 Georgia deaths – a total of 437 more deaths. Had they held steady the daily deaths would have held at around 255 – the same as yesterday.
            Problem is, if they hadn’t juiced the prior days numbers, we would be at the BOTTOM of the curve ranges, and cleary done by May 1. They wouldn’t even be close to their 3130 peak (average curve) deaths, not to mention their MAX of 8000 deaths the day of April 14!!
            Even their low bounds of the curve is for about 14 days more of about 1500 deaths a day. before declining to almost zero by May 1 – 10.
            MY solution based on these numbers: open up the country’s businesses on the 20th of April, but maintain a ban on large gatherings over 10 till May 1. Keep social distancing voluntary, but notice that those over 65, as well as all with underlying health conditions, need special protections (Nursing homes, assisted living and independent living facilities).Those not in these facilities should follow common sense guidelines to minimize and protect themselves.

• GH says:

Hi Spazz-That’s pretty gloomy, but I happen to agree. IDK where this ends up, but they got us where they want us. Remember what one of Obozo’s Chief of Staff said “Never let a crisis go to waste.” I’ll add “especially a crisis that you helped create.’

I don’t know how far “We the People” will let this go…but the Globalist have pushed ALL their chips to the middle of the table.

• Spazznout says:

That is what terrifies me the most.

THERE IS NO EXIT PLAN.

The scariest words in th english language are “we are the government and we are here to help” …….Maggie T.

We are now living that nightmare in all its glory as the government proclaims to “save” us from Corona and then “save” us from the economic destruction they created in “saving” us.

Winter is here and we are in more trouble than most realize.

• GB Bari says:

Lord help you when a real crisis comes along.

Get a grip.

• Spazznout says:

My friend. I am very clear eyed, and fully aware of what is happening around me. My company will make it to the other side as I run a debt free shop and maintain substantial savings. I have lived many normalcy bias shaking world events that you most likely watched on TV.

Please, tell me where I am wrong.

Bring me back to the ground. ………

Please, I beg of you, point to the error in my posts. I have been searching for one for 2 weeks now.

• GB Bari says:

Don’t assume anything about my experiences in the past 70+ years. You’d likely be wrong.

Regardless, I and most Treepers are not here posting panicked messages claiming the President has lost control and that the awesome American economy will never return.

It’s unhelpful and besides, it’s untrue.

• Rynn69 says:

You are not wrong.

President Trump needs to open the economy now.

• john says:

Okay, I’ll point you to some facts and past events: WWI, WWII, The New Deal, Afghanistan, Obozo’s Stimulus. All were MASSIVE spending packages that were going to be the end of the world. No way we could spend that kind of money and continue to survive. It was going to be THE END. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Yes, it’s scary to spend that kind of money but it has NEVER lead to the end of America. The world is still spinning last time I checked.
          Instead of producing bombs and planes and ships like in the past, which saved lives but weren’t directly used by the public (in other words no lasting products were produced except maybe the interstate highways) now the money is just being handed to private businesses which presumably will produce something. And definitely can spend it more efficiently that government. But even if they don’t spend it efficiently it gets put into the economy SOMEWHERE. Or it gets put into savings accounts and banks use that to re-loan it to someone else. It’s doing SOMETHING. ,
          This stimulus was $2T. That’s 1/4 the amount we wasted in the Middle East. $8T already spent hasn’t caused us to come to a screeching halt. What EXACTY do we have to show for that expenditure? What in a tangible way HER in the USA? But it hasn’t ruined us yet. Not saying it won’t come back to bite us someday but your whaling and gnashing of teeth about this being the end and “it’s over” is WAY OVER THE TOP and history doesn’t support your hysteria.
          $2T dollars is about $650 billion in1980 or $300 billion in 1970 dollars if you’re my age and still think in terms of what money meant when you were growing up. The Vietnam war cost $1T in today’s dollars. This kind of spending isn’t anything new and it’s not THAT out of whack with DC’s normal spending. Not saying that’s good, just that it’s not new.
          It can’t go on forever, no doubt. Someone, somewhere down the line has got to pay the piper. Trump was in the process of building the best economy in US history. He’s in teh process of dismantling Globalism. He’s attempting to bring China to heel and bring a lot of that manufacturing back home. IF, IF he succeeds the benefits of that in the form of wages, return on investment, tax revenue, expansion of the economy will be on its way to paying off the deficits. Won’t happen over night. Years and years. But that’s how you pay for expensive things like houses and cars when you don’t have the cash.
          If he/we can quickly restart the economic engine and pick up where we left off, but ALSO now have more of everything here at home because the public now sees how bad it is to do business with China and because China needs to be punished, then perhaps this was just a pit stop. A bump in the road.
          It’s like a old manual water pump that has that leather seal in the bottom. If you stop using it and let it dry out the pump no longer works. You have to prime the seal again and hope that it comes back to life. By keeping the seal wet all along with this infusion the hope is that the pump keeps working, that it never runs dry and the leather cracks.
          It gives hope that we can rev the engine when the light turns green instead of having to put fuel in the tank and start the car all over from a dead stop.
          Chill. Take a deep breath. Step away from the doom and gloom in the news for a day.
          Good for you that you’re debt free and have savings. Proud of you and jealous. Not all of us are that smart, disciplined, or fortunate. My business is ruined. No work at all. Dead. I still have lease payments, business insurance, etc. on top of my car, house, and other payments. Without the small PPP money or the $1200 check I’d be filing bankruptcy. THEN all those lenders would get screwed. Multiple that times a few million people. THAT would wipe out all those banks and finance companies, insurance companies, people’s retirement accounts. The domino effect would be catastrophic.
          You want to see how quickly this becomes like the 1920’s-1930’s depression when all those people can no longer make ANY payments and then try to keep to keep food on the table? Who wouldn’t pick up a gun when they see their children starving to death? You haven’t seen bad yet.
          The “damage” being done by this bailout is nothing compared to the unmitigated disaster that would take place without it. The better of two evils if you prefer.
          We will get through this just like we did through real wars and other disasters before.
          Final thought: God is in control whether we like it not, understand it or not, agree with it or not. Put your faith in Him, not man. The world IS coming to an end some day. Maybe this is the beginning of the end. It could turn that way pretty easily if we don’t all keep it together and buck up. Maybe it’s a wake-up call to get our affairs in order. Sounds like you already were prepared. Maybe this was a trial run (intentional or accidental) but it shows us how fragile this house of cards is. I plan on bouncing back even if that mean I switch careers and have to reinvent myself.
          Panic won’t help at all. When you jump up and down and type full sentences in CAPS it sounds like that’s what you’re doing.
          I think we’re going to be okay and I’ll wave at you when you drive past me in the soup line.

• JTaylor says:

Spoken as one who hasn’t a clue.

• chooseamerica says:

Negative much? Trump supporters believe in winning!!

• Spazznout says:

This is not a time to just be a cheerleader. This is a serious time. We must be real about the world we live in and what is happening in it.

I voted for Trump,

But right NOW by all evidence he has lost control

And real damage is being done, lives destroyed and future deaths created by the actions our government is taking today.
        The cost of the mitigation has now far outweighed the benefit of the updated CDC models.

Trump is human, not a god.

Blindly cheering is not good under any circumstance.

• JTaylor says:

You are not going to be popular hear saying sensible things like that.

• GB Bari says:

This isn’t a popularity contest.

I try to follow our host here in the Treehouse, and deal solely with facts, not hysterical or panicked doom and gloom conjecture.

• Spazznout says:

You keep calling me crazy,Not very helpful or constructive.

All I keep asking for explicit exact facts to counter what I am saying…

Please my friend.

Show me how I am over reacting????

Show me where my post is not based on facts??????

• john says:

You haven’t stated any facts, just worry. Post some figures and show how they can’t be paid for…. ever…that this will ruin the strongest economy in the WORLD. You’re stuck inside your own head and not acting rationally if you want a honest opinion. Read my post above and maybe you can stop hyperventilating. I mean that in a friendly way.

• wodiej says:

Ever thought of praying instead of spazznout?

• doohmax says:

I hope Trump has not lost control. But so far, I agree. The same bureaucracy that brought you the modeling and BS of the Climate Change hoax have now found the magic bullet. Instead of modeling the climate 20 years from now to scare the public (which didn’t work), they have modeled us into an immediate crisis with outlandish death numbers which have succeeded in scaring the public into their homes and out of their jobs. The numbers have gone from 2 million deaths to 87,000 deaths. I suspect the real numbers will be a little more than the H1N1 numbers of 2010. You know. The pandemic that occurred under Obama’s watch that no one even remembers now.

• Tom Hansen says:

I do believe Spaz you doth protest to much and come across as a Bernie Bro acolyte. Your talking points come right out of Bernie’s everyday stump speech. You are on the wrong website if you expect any sympathy here.

• Disgusted says:

Please don’t want what you have contributed here! Why don’t you try to have some faith! You sound so negative and no alternative solution to offer. Not whatvis needed now.

4. bullnuke says:

Helped a friend apply for unemployment and SBA relief last week. She is a sole proprietor. Have not heard anything yet.

• WSB says:

I just applied today. Used one W-9. Took 20 minutes on my bank’s website. And I am waiting to hear.

• GB Bari says:

Hope it works out for you WSB. Actually I hope it works for every one who is making the effort.
        One can just imagine the difficulty will be that there’s no precedent for this process. Everyone on all levels is trying to make this happen quickly yet stay within newly created guidelines that probably don’t cover every possible circumstance. I’m sure few banks have ever seen anything happen in “Trump time”, yet that’s what this needs to really help people ASAP.

• WSB says:

Yes, my local bank folks were like deer in headlights. They were relieved when they were told it would all be centralized and they could just host their regular clients who needed extra help.

I just hope they approve!

• Tom Hansen says:

The program just opened last Friday and by Monday, only the 2nd business day, you expect a reply? You should consider that your expectation level needs to get caught up with reality. The SBA website crashed on Monday due to overwhelming traffic. So, just be patient and your friend will get the help they need.

• bullnuke says:

Chill. I know it will take a while because of the bureaucracy involved with state run programs. It was just a statement that the application was made. No bitching about why it hasn’t been delivered yet.

5. bessie2003 says:

That sounds like a good idea, a Covint-War Bond.

• GB Bari says:

I thought so too. Larry seemed to like it and said he’d take it to the boss.

The biggest problem with any Phase 4 will be the Dementocrats determination to load it with progressive pork that will only benefit the Left. I sincerely hope we don’t have to do a Phase 4. It already smells.

6. If money is already going out in the billions, then where the hell is the money myself and several of my clients applied for? Many are beginning to believe this whole financial aid deal is a crock. In fact, our local banks are still struggling with the application process. We have yet to see any aid go out, including unemployment add-ons, $10000 grants, PPP, etc. Meanwhile, this friday’s payroll is due for a lot of small businesses. This is looking like another bureaucratic mess.

One other thing…we have to realize that the PPP and EIDL are nothing but loans. They say we will be forgiven if the funds are used properly. My question is, what will this forgiveness procedure look like at the tail end of this deal? Are we in for yet more surprises? Probably so.

7. Mist'ears Mom says:

My sister who works in a bank said their computers couldn’t even process these loans as of last fri afternoon. Their systems had to download special software. She said that everything (the process) keeps changing. It is a mess, I cannot believe 38 billion has already been handed out.

• WSB says:

My bank decided not to process anything locally. It is on the main website. I had one of the staff members actually guide me through the application on the phone because I had one anomoly. However, it did go through.

Now they can only deny the application, I suppose.

• Searkreb says:

Applied late Friday for the payroll protection act. Had most of our info already gathered due to research during the week. Banker worked all weekend and we were approved today. Should be signed and funded tomorrow. I was amazed a project that size backed by our government would even think about working. Leads me to believer out President and his team are on the ball.

Check multiple banks as we deal with several. I found varying degrees of knowledge and aggressiveness. Find a bank that realizes the opportunity they have to make 5%.

It wasn’t easy, just had to be diligent. Keep fighting for you business!

• billrla says:

Searkreb: Glad for your positive experience. I am optimistic that my business bank, a good-sized California commercial bank focused on small to medium sized businesses, will deliver, as they have a history of being customer-focused and conservative in their lending practices (unlike the big consumer-facing banks). On 3 April, They took my phone inquiry about the PPP loan, during which they confirmed my account relationship and contact info for referral to their internal SBA loan department. As of today, 6 April, they confirmed that my internal referral has been made, but, the loan department is, of course, extremely busy.

A good bank should be able to confirm almost every piece of information that they need from monthly banking activity (for example, payroll withdrawals processed through ADP; rent payments, utilities).

It is important for prospective borrowers to keep in mind that the PPP loan is at best a stop-gap measure and loan forgiveness is tied to maintenance of existing payroll levels. Business owners should simultaneously explore all other viable options and not rely on the PPP. Also, borrowers should expect to get hit on the back-end with “surprises,” once the crisis has passed, and the IRS and the states start inventing ways to claw back money, one way or another (loss of deductions, new taxes, etc.).

• Spazznout says:

The banks do not make 5 percent……….

Are you sure you are doing the right program……

5% is a normal loan.

• Charlie Currie says:

That’s what they have been saying st the briefings. Banks make 5 bps on the loan. If I was still in banking I would be pounding all my clients to take the money.

• Spazznout says:

The banks negotiated 1 percent over the weekend. That was one of the hangups. Also have you seen the stipulations. YOu have to keep your staff on payroll. What good does that do if your business is non essential and closed. Nothing.It simply puts the burden on the business owner and off of the government unemployment number. It does NOTHING for the long term viability of the business.

Then you can spend 25% of the loan value on bills. But only on interest on any vehicle property or equipment loans. NOt the principle the largest portion of your monthly payment.

Then at the end you get to prove you did everything all correctly and hope they do not play gotcha on anything.

And all this for 1% interest….

I am looking for how this helps a business make it to the otherside.

• Lisa says:

SBA will pay lenders fees for processing PPP loans in the following amounts: Five (5) percent for loans of not more than $350,000; Three (3) percent for loans of more than $350,000 and less than $2,000,000; and. One (1) percent for loans of at least $2,000,000.

• WSB says:

So, maybe there is hope for the rest of us!

8. Miya says:

Sundance, (or anyone else) would you be willing to clarify something for me regarding the “relief” money? I’m not a tax pro and don’t get it, but have seen this issue pop up and a girlfriend contacted me upset today.

The funding bill for the individual checks was originally set up for sending checks/deposits (via Section 2201, I think it is in the bill). There is an amendment in the 6400s though, stating that this is a tax credit counted toward the 2020 tax filings.

Does that make this check/deposit an advance from the refunds people would be getting next year or is this to ensure the money is tax-exempt? I don’t understand the wording of the bill but I know a lot of people are going to be upset if this messes up next year’s refund (too many people budget to spend that money).

Thank you in advance to anyone who can explain this and prayers be with everyone on the verge of financial ruin.

9. GB Bari says:

While deserving people struggle with incompetent employees and computer glitches at some local banks, others will sail right through the process, having lucked out and found a bank with folks who are on the ball.

In a nation this large and complex, and given there is likely a very wide range of competence among both applicants and banking personnel, its inevitable that this won’t go smoothly for some. But that won’t be for the Administrations lack of trying.

• Spazznout says:

My friend

So “we tried” and a shrug is your answer…………..

If so we are done and depression 2.0 is already here.

What is the exit plan from this madness???

They have pried at the most primal emotion you can mess with….FEAR.

half our country is running around with their hair on fire lapping up every report that comes through their phone or TV.

How do you walk htat back. Its not like a light switch you can just turn back on.

• billrla says:

GB Bari: A fair statement. Banking relationships matter and not all banks are truly geared to handle this sort of program efficiently, it at all. Also, the Feds can crank out new programs and design new forms, but, the banks have to implement the PPP, and each bank has its own particular policies and procedures. Expect no miracles and you might be pleasantly surprised.

10. Farm on the Hill says:

4 days into the payroll protection program I have found myself repeatedly blocked by BS banks that refuse to accept applications from anyone who was not a business customer of theirs before covid hit. The message is always go to your existing bank but if your existing bank or credit union is not a PPP lender, you are locked out. 10% of the funds are already gone after two business days – at the current rate, the program will be fully subscribed in 2-3 weeks. The money seems to be going to large businesses (>50 employees, particularly larger hotels and restaurants with multiple locations) with the doors blocked to the little businesses, 1099 contractors, and gig employees. There are 30 million small businesses (>90% with under 20 employees) and another 10+ million 1099/gig workers who are eligible. This covers >70% of the private workforce. $350 billion sounds like a lot but is not when the program offers forgivable loans of up to $20,833 per employee and has funding for at best 40% to 50% of those eligible. Likewise, there is funding for about 1.1 million businesses to get the $10,000 economic injury grant out of a population of 30 million eligible businesses. When large numbers of the smaller businesses and individual 1099 workers get nothing, there will be absolutely massive political blow back against Trump, Congress, banks, the SBA, and the government.

• Spazznout says:

My genuine fear is that it stays only political.

This is the very class of people that History shows start every revolution or civil type war.

Winter is here.

I pray folks wake up and pay attention

We have weeks NOT months before people who have lost everything and have nothing to loose simply loose it.

I am not a praying man, but Pray.

• Rhi says:

That’s the attitude Spazznout, seek and ye shall find, ask and it shall be given unto you. But seek ye first…… you know the rest of it?

• billrla says:

Farm on the Hill: If you are “locked out” by lack of a pre-existing banking relationship, search online or call your major suppliers (depends on your type of business) for referral programs they might offer to their “preferred lending partners.” If you are member of any professional associations, your association may also have a relationship with a preferred lender that would like to receive qualified referrals. Also, a brother-in-law of mine (operates a small contract logistics operation–trucking, for FedEx), applied through an online site called “Kabbage” on a lead from his CPA (I just looked; it’s for real). Check it out and good luck.

• Lanna says:

Thank you. I have a family member with a small business in a small town. His bank is clueless, I gave him the sba list of banks participating in the program but he keeps getting told they need a prior banking relationship to make a loan.. I passed along the link for Kabbage to him, hope this will be what works.

• Farm on the Hill says:

billrla – thanks. I just submitted the application for my business through Kabbage. With luck it will go through 🙂

11. citizen817 says:

Kudlow phone-in Interview on Giuliani’s “Common Sense’

12. ltravisjr says:

I am not a business owner but can hear the frustration quite clearly. This could be quite a problem for 1600 PA Ave. With his small businesses constituency having this kind of trouble it opens the door wide open for the deep state/globalists to prop up and field a “conservative alternative” candidate to split the conservative vote just enough to throw the election to the Dems. PT better have a calculus on this.

• Spazznout says:

If he does NOT get the economy open again in 12 days he will not get a second term.

Full STOP no question.

This is Trumps ship, he is the captain, he owns it.

• Spazznout says:

Main Street is dieing @sundance.

8 more business days and the damage become insurmountable. and we begin to loose most of our small businesses at a nightmare clip;.

The stock market is irrelevant.

13. deannalaurence says:

If this is what it takes to get rid of China then we are ahead

14. wodiej says:

1 Corinthians 2:5 That your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
    Luke 1:37 For nothing will be impossible with God.

I have to wonder how many complaining had savings set aside. The government role should be to provide a thriving environment for business to succeed. It is not their job to bail your ass out if you don’t have a contingency plan. The same with employees. No one is guaranteed anything, let alone a job. I have been through a couple really tough spots. But I pulled myself up by my bootstraps and found a solution.

How many of you have a bigger house than you need, a bigger car than you need, more food than you need, more kids than you can afford?

Why don’t you whiners find something constructive to do like helping someone less fortunate and let God do the rest.

• Farm on the Hill says:

Wodiej – people are complaining because of how poorly and unfairly they are being treated. If bailouts are going to be given by the government, everyone needs to be treated the same under the same set of rules with no favoritism, rigging, or preference to the politically connected. All of the gripes relate to this. People like yourself come across as jerks and your comment was very rude and a poor example for a Christian. Many of us small business owners did have savings but we are rapidly burning through our savings during government mandated shutdowns lasting 1.5-3 months where our revenues implode but all of our expenses (including payroll, utilities, rent, taxes, debt service, etc) remain due.

• There is a radio talk show where the host teaches people how to get out of debt; he offers some classes on his methods also. I cannot remember his name. I only listen to the talk shows in my car so I think it was Saturday that I happened to tune in to his show. A small business owner called in and said they had enough money to keep afloat and keep their employees afloat for maybe 6 weeks and he was asking if he should apply for one of these loans.

Wow, the host said NO! Do not do it. One thing he said is that these government programs say they are going to do something, like forgive your loan, but they then change the rules, administrations change, etc. The host could not believe the economy was still closed down and if they do not open this up in the next month it will be a HUGE disaster. He advised the caller to just close down rather than take any of this government money. He does not believe in it. And this is for his own business also. He has never had to lay off an employee but he will do that rather than take government loan.

15. spmi says:

T R E A S O N
    T R E A S O N
    T R E A S O N
    THIS IS ABSOLUTELY ASSININE!