Apparently it took the invocation of the Defense Production Act to stop 3M from selling masks and PPE to cash paying foreign governments; forcing them to supply the U.S. federal government and states instead.  WATCH:

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, CDC, Coronavirus, Donald Trump, FEMA, Infectious Disease, media bias, President Trump, Professional Idiots, Uncategorized, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

119 Responses to U.S. Multinational Company 3M Sells Masks and PPE To Foreign Governments While U.S. States Look for Products….

1. Zydeco says:

Glad if 3M is made to pay a price for their greedy globalism but the Democommunists will spin this as another reason to get rid of capitalism.

• romy911 says:

Zydeco – that was my first thought also. My second one is that this is a corporation with a globalist mindset that puts profit before the lives of American citizens.

• americalsgt says:

So who was it, Mckesson, Cardinal, Medline, Owen&Minor,Patterson, Schein? Those are the big names in medical supply distribution in the US..

• Harvey Lipschitz says:

I know those names. In medical supplies, these people bribe buying groups. Like lobbyists. They take purchasing agents football tickets and favors. In one way I will knock the gubment which is deep and steep into paperwork and slow pay.

They are showing up with cash and some of the cash is under the table. There are bribes and inducements up and down the medical supply chain.

Tucker is a gem. We need more Tuckers.

• americalsgt says:

I’m in the business. GPOs have to have some of this going on. Use to be in the film business, cray film, and the steal was the used fixer as it held the silver removed from the emulsion.

• Mike Lee DelMarcelle says:

This begs another question. If this virus is sooooo bad that all these masks are needed so it doesn’t spread everywhere then you would think these people would want there to be a surplus of them in the U.S. Either they aren’t as worried about the virus as they claim or they don’t care if they die as long as they are rich when they do.

• Mike, I think these elitists don’t believe they can catch it. They live in their bubbles and don’t associate with the common folk. If the uber elites were getting it and or dying then their names would be outed by the media as BREAKING NEWS!

• romy, and because of that I will be shopping for products NOT made by 3M. It certainly not the first company that I don’t buy from, some for as long as 19 years. I know my pennies don’t amount to much to the big corporations but at least it keeps me from feeling like a hypocrite. They don’t care about America so I don’t support them.

• Niagara Frontier says:

If I were a meme maker, I’d have one with medical professionals wearing Post-it Notes over their mouths instead of masks that had written on them, “Thanks 3M for the mask.’

• RJ says:

40 years ago I was approached to work with 3M. I chose not to, even though their product line is super fantastic and first class. The primary goal of business is to create profit…no profit, out of business! “Money talks, bullsh*t walks!” That is an old line, but one that has stood the test of time.

Diversity has been a big time game plan for some decades. The concept has invaded every walk of American life. Globalism versus nationalism is at play, has been and will be.

Take a closer look at your cell phone, that large microchip that may eventually be placed behind your ear, under you skin…make a call around the world in 30 seconds or less!

Distribution contracts are in place with lawyers who specialize in protecting clients’ game plans. Government pays slowly, time is money, and when doing business with the government one must take into consideration the time value of money.

“A fast nickel will beat a slow dime every time!” Progressives (democrats) have been pushing diversity, globalism, and anti-Americanism for some time, hiding behind phrases to confuse the average person (writ large by Obama!). Democrats are everywhere in our society, even in top corporate positions.

As a farmer will tell you: “You reap what you sow!”

• Harvey Lipschitz says:

These supply chains are not political globalism. They are good old boys who pay under the table for contracts with hospital supply chains and dirty foreign countries come in with bribes under the table and expedite orders.

Kickbacks. These distributors will put up some purchasing agents in a Trump
      Casino for a few days. Tickets to the Olympics. Tickets to Patriots football games. My daughter is an engineer and they just freshened up their suites for 27 million a few years ago. To entertain business.

3M

• 13wasylyna says:

I was going to say the same thing….Is it 3M or the distrubutors who are dirty dealing against America. I want to see a list of the distributors

• Derec Avery says:

Please do not excuse the 3M corporation upper executives. The CEO and Board of Directors all know exactly where these “cash sales’ are coming from and where their products are going. They are just as responsible for the debacle as any “distributors” might be. And they need to be held accountable.

• Melanie G Melancon says:

According to the Florida procurement officer on Tucker last night, 3J’s distributors are listed on their website. There are not that many across the nation.

• Kenji says:

2 weeks ago, I read that for all intents and purposes … The PRC had Nationalized 3M and commandeered every mask they produced in China and exported the masks to where the PRC directed. So now I’m told it was simply 3M GREED and PROFITEERING in the face of what can only be termed a National Emergency!?

Herein lies the fact that ALL major US Corporations are “Global” Corporations. There are very, very few U.S. Corporations remaining. Perhaps it’s time to tax and tariff all the Multinational Corps … who show more loyalty to China … at the rates we charge foreign Corporations? And remove their operations from the USA. And move all their executives to some lovely Beijing suburb. We’ll start over. Build new Corporations to replace them … loyal corporations.

And don’t shout me down as some leftist kook. I’m massively Pro corporation. Pro capitalism. But some things are more important than profits. Such as loyalty to your country and countrymen.

• Heine Ootenvault says:

I used to own 3M stock but sold it last year. They have been struggling the last 3 years and seem to have deep six’d innovation for ‘Green’.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

Hmm. Makes sense.

In Europe, a great portion of the businesses and governments have gone “green.” Many have actually committed to this on paper. They join these credentialing schemes by which they must behave certain ways to keep their credential. Just like any other of the credentialing schemes. I don’t exactly use “scheme” in a negative way, it is just a good word. Scheme = idea, or approach.

Businesses strive for various “quality” credentialing, hospitals strive for “Joint Commission” credential, etc.

To hold the “green” credentials, you have to have a plan to shift to renewable energy, try to have “green” sourced materials and products that you use, etc. So, if 3M goes green, they end up on the provider list to help companies tick that box.

• Ordinaryman says:

Go to 3M ethics page and file a report against the CEO and Board of Directors. https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/ethics-compliance/report-concern/

• Lenny says:

I have dealt with 3M and their distributor network and they have some of the strongest agreements I have run into. I think 3M needed the DPA act initiated so they could invoke force majour to break that portion of the agreements. as for overseas, those countries that are gubmint healthcare especially in South America 3M is the sole supplier of these masks so Trump has a fine diplomatic line to walk here, and again 3M has the political cover from DPA to explain why their citizens and HC workers don’t have what they need from 3M.

2. alliwantissometruth says:

This outrageous act of greed is the epitome of the mindset of the globalist masters

I cannot express how vile and disgusting this is

Stuff like this should open the eyes of everyone

• The Devilbat says:

Everyones eyes would be open if the mainstream media would cover it. They will either simply ignore what 3M has done or they will spin it and blame Trump.

3. vikingmom says:

Nicely done!! The sooner people here start realizing how these “transnational” companies have been selling out the United States, with the full knowledge and support of the vast majority of their “public servants” (HAH!!) maybe we will finally see some changes!!

But sadly, most people are sheep and if CNN and SNL continue to say that Orange Man is Bad they will nod in approval and go on about their day!

4. Shyster says:

Another multinational shows its true colors. Time to sick every federal agency there is to inspect books and pick this company apart piece by piece, bone by bone, no stone unturned. 3M needs to be made an example of and when done may be known as 1 M.

5. sickconservative says:

Just saw Tucker going after this and really disappointing that a company would allow this.
    I understand how products flow but during normal times but that isn’t now.
    They can fix this if they are willing so we will see.

• frankmystery says:

Exactly, there’s been enough time gone by for 3M to make a public image choice and they consciously chose to ignore it. You can’t read an article or turn on the TV without hearing about masks. 3M made thier beds, I have no sympathy. It’s not like they would have lost money just disrupt your multinational supply chain, prioritize America, and collect on government contracts. How hard is that? Or did political ideology interfere.

6. UberRight says:

I didn’t hear the term, “Multinational” used in Tucker’s report, and was disappointed. Apparently Tucker has not read Sundance’s articles on Multinationals and COC.

7. lisabrqwc says:

Another company goes on my Nope list.

• sickconservative says:

In my industry they make many products we use and are quality and alternatives aren’t.
      I feel we need to shame them at this point.

• mickeyhamtramck says:

“ I feel we need to shame them at this point.” For many years this Minnesota based company and the Foundation and Trust set up by the 3M founder have been extremely active in promoting it’s charitable donations largely to leftist, socialist leaning causes. Through their proud and subtle endeavors of donations we see a push in Minnesota’s politics of progressive craziness. Why would all these African Muslims want to migrate half way around the world from Yemen to live in a sub-arctic climate ( Ilhan Oman)? Coincidence? . It has, on the surface, been very charitable chain of acts and giving to foster 3M’s Global Chinese leftist progressive causes in Minnesotastan. These masks , ironically , are uncovering an embarrassed but ruthless face. Sad, because many of these project recipients are innocent and honest people, unknowing of 3M’s hidden politics.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

Mickey: I have no idea if this is true or not, but if so, could you try to write editorials connecting these dots, and get them published somewhere locally?

It is very hard for local people – schools, museums, etc., to accept something like this when they are getting much needed funding; they will be loyal, without knowing this inof.

But when you shed some light, people may still take the money, or appreciate the up sides, but can vote and think more informed.

8. Pale rider says:

I don’t believe this is to far off topic. I’ve said before ‘all things china’ understand this we are headed for war this is the prelude. Our own government is against its people, only president Trump has our side.
    There is already a civil war between those who want a China ruled country and a sovereign nation we see it becoming more obvious everyday.

• jackalix says:

I read that this morning not really ready to bite on it yet now Piglosi’s new committee at a time like this could really liken a CW2.

• Pale rider: Since the beginning, my theory has been this is a war between the nationalists vs the globalists. Everything else is the unintended consequences and collateral damage of war.
      I expect 3M has donated all products that President Trump’s Administration deems necessary and they will continue to donate on an as needed basis.
      America First.

• Pale rider says:

Abigail, I assumed something close to that ‘ a shadowy group’ conspiring to take over the world, and it is but now we see its source. It is a concerted effort.
        Think about it, Clinton’s have been working with China to take over our tech for how long? When Bill was president he sold missile technologies, and if I’m not mistaken it is the hypersonic they have now. Hillary just lost and that was the great hope, an easy takeover. That part I have no doubt about but, all out war I would assume would be if ‘all else fails’.
        They have to stop Trumps trajectory or change governments and Chinese do not retreat. The ‘ Trillions at stake’ are China influence, the panda mask is dropping as Sundance puts it.
        As of now, we are without medicines, see how that improves. And the language between China and President Trump.
        Everyday we grow stronger and less dependent, plus the election, so this is very time sensitive.

9. AloftWalt says:

I’m sure they’re not the only ones. I’m very surprised this wasn’t caught earlier poor optics for sure in light of all the pleas for PPE from around the country.

10. Dutchman says:

Spotlights what is meant by multinational, globalist company; it doesn’t MATTER what country the headquarters are in, the loyalty is to the globalist agenda.

What part of America First don’t they understand?
    Sounds like 3m needs a boycott by consumers, in addition to the spanking they are,going to get by DJT.

I suppose Barr WILL get off his fat arse, do do something about this????

• Some old guy says:

He actually might because this doesn’t appear to otherwise involve malfeasance of a governmental organization he’s responsible for.

• fractionalexponent says:

Dutchman. Enjoyed your recent comments on the decline of globalism & Big Ed, brick & mortar university indoctrination. Big pharma wiil probably get whacked too.

• about the time…fractionalex..

• Dutchman says:

I think there is going to be a LOT of whacking going on. Frankly, I am keeping one eye on the horizon, expecting to see the cloud of locusts, at any moment.

And rivers running as blood, and carrying death? Assuming thats “red algae”?
        A lot of signs predicting “coming” need to change wording to “here”?

• “ Big pharma will probably get whacked too.” I’m sure everyone here has realized by now, how impossible it is to find on any shelf anywhere, the recently discovered ‘Trump Hc-Z ‘ cheap pills. Available for 100 years, on back-order, now, for the next 10 years.!

• Pale rider says:

Cant boycott 3m they produce ‘stuff’ that cant be adequately replaced.

11. convert says:

I can’t type any words right now that are appropriate and permissable. I trust the President and many lawmakers are using the same words privately and I expect when this is all over, those sons-a-bi***es gonna pay.

12. margarite1 says:

What a contrast with Minnesota’s Mike Lindell!

13. appraisher says:

My husband’s first job after graduating Tech School was Service Tech for 3M. Back then they were a real family-friendly company…picnics, Christmas parties, service awards.

It appears that new, globalist 3M has gone the way of the rest of Minnesotastan.

14. Reserved55 says:

Arrests!!!!

Aiding and abetting the enemy.

15. Harvey Lipschitz says:

I am not surprised. They get sassy like the Queen at GM.

16. trapper says:

The order:

The effect: basically, the federal government just seized 3M’s entire production of N95 masks.

The future: go ahead. Get cute with Trump again. He’ll seize your whole damned company and put a military officer in to run it. 3M management is lucky they’re not in jail as I type this.

17. USTerminator says:

I say bring the FBI terrorism squad shows up at 3M headquarter raiding the site and CEO in handcuffs in front of the press camera. Charging him with treason. The charge won’t stick but that guy career is finished. All of the CEOs would have to think twice before screwing this country

18. Greg1 says:

I wonder if the Chamber of Commerce will start squawking about stuff like this NOW?

It’s not that it’s “horrible optics”, no, it is indeed HORRIBLE.

3M most definitely needs to pay a price for this. Mind boggling.

• Can anyone imagine, during WWII if Hitler’s SS discovered a large wealthy German industrial firm taking cash under the table to sell to the American Allies? Dealing under the table with Stalin? Churchill? Firing squad ?

19. Sherri Young says:

…or…

• TwoLaine says:

When I first heard that California was requiring masks for all, including using scarves or bandanas, my 1st tho’t was, Great, now they won’t be able to tell the difference between robbers and Antifa vs the common man or woman. All a part of the plan I am sure.

20. Hans says:

Up till president Trump the United States was just some country.. not their country to multi nationalists. These companies like the tax breaks, the special treatment obtained thru lobbyists and then have no problems screwing us in the name of Wall ST profits…. and our market…

GM was outed… their main focus is China where the Buick is a luxury vehicle… not surprised if they were blackmailed by China..

3M… Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing.. heavy in the chemical field… I wonder what percentage of the production goes to China… we should look at the global structure in all countries.. don’t see a real product industrial line except for abrasives…

President Trump didn’t say where these products were going and he did say products were allowed to be shipped to Italy and Spain.

• BigTalkers says:

The only problem GM (and Ford-Mexico) has is a lack of brains in their Executive suite.

When the smoke finally clears from over Wuhan, the Chinese will be lucky to afford bicycles, much less Buicks!

21. I Will Not says:

Seems like a great opportunity for another company to knock 3M down a notch or 50.

22. Dances with Wolverines says:

I would not be surprised if this was a CoC, deep state plan or scheme to not only sell out America on these 3m mask, but any other PPE or even medicinal needs like hydroxychloroquine, the antibiotic azithromycin and zinc sulfate in yet another attempt to bring down the Trump administration and end the America First agenda. The whole dang thing could be a setup.

23. trapper says:

CDC is contemplating issuing a guidance that ALL Americans wear masks in public. That means we need 330 million N95 masks YESTERDAY. If 3M doesn’t currently have second and third shifts working producing them around the clock, the US military should be sent in to take control and do the hiring.

I have zero, count it ZERO, sympathy for the formerly American companies who sold out America.

• TreeClimber says:

Oh they are, are they. I don’t suppose they’re planning subsidies for the really poor Americans who can’t afford them. (Actually, thinking about it, they might very well be.) How about sizes? I have a six-month-old. I can’t leave him alone at home when I go out shopping.

• trapper says:

These masks are dirt cheap, or were before this. They are just paper masks with a metal tab across the nose and a rubber band that goes behind your ears. They used to come in multi packs for a few dollars. You could buy them in home supply and hardware stores (Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, True Value) as sanding masks. If you looked closely at them they were marked “N95.” There is NOTHING special about them other than the particle size they filter, spec’d as N95.

3M should be able to turn these out like corn flakes. FEMA could easily mail a dozen to each taxpayer’s home address for free.

• Sherri Young says:

I really don’t see the point of N95 masks for the general public. Simple surgical masks should work pretty well as long as we maintain distance. They are much cheaper. It is nice to have something to filter out some of the pollen at this time of the year.

I was not pleased with what Dr. Birx had to say about the general public using or not using masks. It was ridiculous and preachy.

• “ It’s nice to have something nice to filter out some of the pollen this time of the year…” I had to laugh a few weeks back when seeing on the internet some Tokyo boys wearing masks cut from obvious colorful sexy girls panties. Link, anyone? Funny.

• RogerThat! says:

Lefties are inherently “preachy.” And tyrannical. They want to FORCE you to do what they want, what THEY think you should do.
        Look at the questions from the press to POTUS, ala: “Why don’t you shut down the state borders?! MAKE people stay in their houses?!”
        That’s the tone of the New Orleans mayor re. Marti Gras: “It’s Trump’s fault! He should have shut Marti Gras down!”
        Man, it’s hard to tolerate that kind insanity…

24. islandpalmtrees says:

The upper leadership of the 3M company should be treated to an early morning raid by 29 members of the FBI swat team. Unless, they only do 66 year old men with a deaf wife.

25. rah says:

I think I recall that 3M also got nailed big time for supplying defective ear plugs to the military not too long ago Their brand is declining quickly.

• MTeresa says:

The best thing about living in a capitalist country is when one business pisses you off like this, competitors LINE UP to scoop up that business that you brushed off. How foolish their executives are to not realize that this would be something that would be under the microscope.

I don’t know how you recover from a PR nightmare like this. I hope they go under.

26. A2 says:

This Sky news Australia report goes into to details on how medical supplies were scooped up and sent to the PRC or flogged at exorbitant prices. All countries are experiencing this, never let your medical supply chains out of your control, or adversaries will take advantage.

‘ China ‘has been called out by Trump and Boris Johnson’ for its ‘brutal cover-up’👇

27. Orson says:

I seem to recall the previous CEO complaining about not being able to import employees from outside the US by promising them a VISA to stay permanently so they opened labs up in China, India and Germany. If 3M was selling masks to China, whoa Nelly…that won’t be pretty. The same CEO criticized Obama directly and he was replaced not long after with some guy named Michael Roman. You have to wonder of that hire was an appeasement of sorts towards the administration at the time.

28. Absolutely correct action.

Our focus needs to be on the cure though. We have the cure, exactly as President Trump announced. Let’s use it and get back to normal.

29. Neil M. Dunn says:

Significant Jail Time might get some cooperation.

30. meow4me2 says:

Oddly enough, today we received a shipment from a vendor in Wuhan. We’re friendly with them, at least the folks we email. We were checking up on them, inquiring about their health, their families, etc., during the worst of the virus in Wuhan.

As a result, when they heard things were getting bad here and that we didn’t have enough supplies, they sent us some K94 masks and surgical masks because they wanted to make sure we and our families were safe. Very sweet of them.

But the interesting part is that the masks they sent were from 3M! Imagine that, to get masks from an American company, we had to have a Chinese supplier ship them to us gratis, because we can’t get them in our own country. FUBAR indeed!

I want people in other countries to be protected, too, but there must be a better way to ensure supplies go to places that need them the most. They shouldn’t be going to the highest bidder. Not at a time like this.

31. I Will Not Comply says:

Who brought the cash? Who accepted the cash? Where is the cash now?

• GB Bari says:

Yes. Calling the I.R.S.!
      Hello, I.R.S. – we have a case of unreported revenue…..

• “ Who brought the cash?” Undisclosed sources rumored from another source at CNN, seems that large and small quantities of the US Dollar cash came from several large pallets originating in Iran. Originating from some mysterious night time shipment from Washington, DC years ago. //s//

32. Dances with Wolverines says:

March 31 News release from 3M

Of our U.S. supply directed toward healthcare and public health, roughly 80 percent is flowing rapidly through our healthcare distributors – primarily consisting of six large and well-known companies with incredible logistical capabilities – which is the quickest and most effective method of getting those supplies into the hands of workers. These N95 respirators are moving directly from 3M, to our healthcare distributors, to healthcare facilities and end-users. We are working closely with these partners to expedite delivery even more, which in some cases includes moving pallets directly from our plants into critical areas – as we have done over the last week to New York City and Seattle. The remaining 20 percent is being directed to the federal government, with the largest portion going to FEMA who will allocate based on their determination of the most urgent needs. The prioritization and distribution of all of our N95 respirators are being coordinated in close partnership with FEMA, and we are directly embedded with them at their headquarters to help streamline decision-making and action.

33. JT says:

I’m a little different on this. I don’t have a problem with 3M selling their masks to anyone willing to pay the price agreed upon. My problem is that, apparently, they accepted the State of Florida’s order a month ago, but are now putting Johnny-Come-Latelys ahead of them. Then they lied, and lied, and lied, and lied about it. Presumably the price is much higher now, but that is completely irrelevant. This isn’t an ‘America First’ issue, this is a ‘screw over your customer’ issue.

• mr.piddles says:

In the lyrical delivery of that timeless star of stage and screen, Liza Minelli, in the equally timeless stage and screen classic, Cabaret:

Money, money, money, money
      Money, money, money, money
      Money, money, money, money, money

34. Deborah @UnTamedInSD says:

None of these unpatriotic companies should ever receive another taxpayer funded bailout…… screw them the same way they screw americans.

35. TwoLaine says:

Multiply this by every single PPE must have item they need right now and you have one big mess.

36. TwoLaine says:

I’d like it if we could just get paper towels No one ever has any. They are like the unicorn.

• JimFromNH says:

It’s another mystery.
      I’m pretty sure all those paper items can be made from recycled paper.
      Most retail and distribution centers create a ton of excess cardboard, & bale all the paper/box trash and ship it out regularly.
      They used to sell it to China, but I don’t think they take high quantities anymore.
      Once chopped, bleached, and slurried, creating TP and paper towels from it shouldn’t be a daunting task.
      Where’s it going?

• TwoLaine says:

1.) It’s spring cleaning time and if you are stuck at home, may as well GIT-R-DONE…
        2.) Everyone is cleaning, cleaning, cleaning due the Coronavirus. Wiping here, wiping there. There are whole new jobs created of people just wiping stuff.
        3.) If all the kiddo’s are at home, that usually means more messes.

I am trying to get it for a business and it is just nowhere to be found. They buy in bulk, had a bit of a stash to start, and we’ve been on the lookout for weeks now. Down to the last roll and getting desperate.

I have to believe there is a commercial outlet out there that might be a likely source, but I have yet to find it.

Our usual source doesn’t even allow you to order it online and have it shipped.

• TwoLaine says:

I’m hitting up the restaurant supply chain today. See if they have any promising leads.

• Sepp says:

Or Bigfoot.

37. Cathy M. says:

More on that:

“I Spent A Day In The Coronavirus-Driven Feeding Frenzy Of N95 Mask Sellers And Buyers And This Is What I Learned
    David DiSalvo”
    . . . .
    “By the end of the day, roughly 280 million masks from warehouses around the U.S. had been purchased by foreign buyers and were earmarked to leave the country, according to the broker — and that was in one day.”

To his knowledge none of the masks had been purchased by buyers in the U.S.

• Hans says:

President Trump said that the Corona Task Force was buying masks overseas and shipping them to the states… I bet these mask being bought by brokers will be marked up 100 to 200 percent and sold back to us.. price gouging … probably the same thing with the hospital that all of a sudden ordered 300,000 masks when normally the order was 10,000 to 20,000.

After all we’re just rich Americans everyone is allowed to screw us… Just look at Pelosi.. even in a national emergency..it’s politics as usual. Look at Hollywood Cher….

38. dow40kby2024 says:

I would think CEO Mike Roman and several of the many VPs would get quickly retired in the next day or two right?

39. Rj says:

Where is the DOJ ? Or the Fan Belt Inspectors on this criminal activity ? Or the IRS investigating the cash aspect of this ? Is all that cash making it into the bank ? Just another American company founded in 1902 and built by Americans and now when America needs it the most she gets the finger.

40. dow40kby2024 says:

Where was Amy Klobuchar several weeks back when this MN company in her state was supposed to be cranking out masks for USA?????? She is/was campaigning for Quid Pro Joe. Thanks for your help Amy.

41. cherokeepeople says:

i agree there.paper towels here in iowa are like hen’s teeth.one thing i mentioned on the other 3m thread.i have to wonder how deep klobacher is into 3m.i heard she had here fingers in the ukraine

42. Garavaglia says:

So what’s the punishment/hit?

43. Richie says:

I knew the respirator/mask dilema was going to become the focal point. Too many people wondering why all the test kits but no masks to help prevent the need for test kits. Meanwhile, the only people wearing the masks appear to be of asian nationality.

44. Hans says:

Sometimes I wonder about things… 3m…… then I remember the IG fisa report.. the corruption in the FBI, the corruption in the DOJ…. the corruption in the State Dept…. 3m is small potatoes…

We must not take our eye off the ball….. interesting point to consider… homeless…..
    Up until all the homeless lived in the street…. now states and cities are housing them in hotels….
    I just wonder…..hotels and motels are empty.. they are in deep crises… I wonder …I SAY I WONDER HOW MUCH MONEY LAUNDERING IS GOING ON.. us citizens paying taxes footing the bill for these hotels and the money flowing back to politicians non profit corps… let no crisis go to waste……

45. trialbytruth says:

Questions
    If I sell.a.mask.to.an American at 500 percent markup it’s.price.gouging. If I sell.it.to the Armenian purchasing agent at a 1000 percent markup is it still price gouging?

If the Armenian purchasing agent sells.it back to the US government at a 2000.percent markup is it.fraud?

What is the nature of the financial arrangement with the distributor is the agreement a set price or does the cost of.the product from 3m float.based on the retail sales.price.

By any chance does China own a significant piece of the distributors?

• litenmaus says:

3M mounted the Chinese tiger when they opened factories on Chinese soil. Just because 3M says, ‘oh my goodness there is a pandemic and we must do everything that we can for the red, white & blue Americans’, does not mean that the tiger is going to say okey dokey and then roll over & play dead. Getting on the tiger is easy…getting off, not so much.

It would be interesting to know how many individuals in 3M’s American based upper management are registered as members of the Chinese Communist Party.

46. JimFromNH says:

Not much “Minnesota” I guess left in “3M”, unfortunately…
    Somehow 3M can make 707 varieties of “Command Strips” for the American buyer, but even 1 simple style of N95 mask has been virtually unavailable at the big Home Improvement stores for almost 2 months.
    Not a moment too soon, Special Government Task Force!

47. 13wasylyna says:

Define “cash”….are the distributors taking in alot of “cash” money that is untraceable…the transactions are untraceable….they are not on the books…..if a foreign government is showing up with cash how are they transporting the product back to that country.

We should know which countries are siphoning needed PPE away from Americans with abig assist from 3M….we should know whether those masks are going to China or Iran. We should know what price the cash buyer is paying and if those masks are then being resold at a higher price to Americans.

48. 13wasylyna says:

“The 3M Supplier Responsibility Code outlines 3M’s basic expectations for our suppliers in the areas of Management Systems, Labor, Health and Safety, Environment and Ethics. This Code is based on our corporate values for sustainable and responsible operations, and also aligns with the 10 Principles of the United Nations Global Compact, of which 3M is a signatory, and with the Responsible Business Alliance (RBA), formerly Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC) Code of Conduct.”

Notice who they answer to….the UN

49. 21leelee says:

I just read in an online French newspaper, Sud-ouest, that American are competing with other western countries to buy the very masks these other countries have ordered, all this taking place on Chinese airport tarmac. This competition is causing price increases because nations will do whatever it takes to protect their citizens. Trudeau said a Canadian shipment was short on the order and he felt the US probably got the rest. What kind of mask was not indicated.

Last week the French were caught commandeering a shipment of masks destined for the UK. These masks never made it to the UK…who knows if the price increased due to commandeering!

It turns out the U.K. doesn’t have enough labs to take possession of and analyse coronavirus tests. Tests must be sent to Germany. You would think German labs have other tests to perform from other countries, plus its own.

The US needs to get all its ducks in a row so as not to rely on other countries. Perhaps individual states need self sufficiency as well.