President Trump: “I want to give people hope”…

Yesterday during the white house briefing on the status of the coronavirus, CNN asked President Trump why he wasn’t being more dramatic and emphasizing the potential downsides to the COVID-19 impact on the nation.  President Trump responded:

[Hat Tip Carpe Donktum for the video recap]

One of the many things that makes President Trump valuable during this crisis is his non-political authenticity. We can see and feel President Trump’s desire to get through this challenge, hold our people together, and exit even stronger than before.

This entry was posted in Big Government, CDC, Coronavirus, Donald Trump Transition, Economy, Heros, Infectious Disease, media bias, President Trump, Uncategorized, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

320 Responses to President Trump: “I want to give people hope”…

1. LadyLibertyII says:

President Trump truly loves us all: We The People.

Received a personal note from him (and Melania) in response to a message I recently sent to the White House. My message was heartfelt and could tell by his response that it had been passed on to him and he actually took the time to read it.

We are so blessed that God heard our prayers on a historic November day and gave us this man as our President.

• tyshab says:

An excellent time to send heartfelt messages to President Trump. He appears to be tired and perhaps we could lift him up. Continue to pray for him. Can you imagine doing what he has been doing for the past 4 years for NO pay, under constant assault and now in a situation to likely take a HUGE financial hit due to the nature of his businesses?
      I heard somewhere that they purposefully forbid any of his businesses from receiving any government financial assistance. Notice the same was not done for any of the other congress critter family businesses.

• Olivia Robbins says:

I received this beautiful note from the President after I wrote to First Lady Melania to thank her for praying the “Our Father” prayer before a rally:

“Thank you for your kind gesture Over its history, our Nation has drawn great strength from the faith of its citizens. As President, I often turn to the Lord for His wisdom and guidance.

Thank you again for the sincere gesture and your continued prayers. It is through the faith and kindness of individuals like you that America continues to succeed.”
      Sincerely,
      Donald J. Trump

I treasure this note and keep it in a very spiritual place in my home where I remember him and his family to God the Eternal Father, always praying in the Most Holy Name of Jesus.

• Jim says:

I am not writing this post to be controversial. I agree that President Trump has his heart in the right place and truly cares about all Americans. However, I have a sinking feeling that his handling of the C 19 virus will be his undoing. I do not agree with the response to shut down the economy – the real numbers associated with this virus do NOT come close to justifying economic suicide. When all is said and done, C 19 will be like just a very bad flu season. What is happening in Queens NY is not going to happen across the country. Sure, a handful of high density locations will be hit hard, but the vast majority of the country will not be. I believe Fauci et. al. are doing this nation a terrible disservice and Trump will pay the political price. And I am scared to think what happens if the dems get in the White House following the fall election – and no I don’t believe it will be Biden.

• El Torito says:

Still, I know not 1 Trump supporter who is wavering. Not 1. What do you base your feelings on?

• CredibilityStreet says:

I’m certainly wavering. Not that I will ever vote for a Dem or a RINO, which I will never do. But his approach to the illness and to the data regarding the illness, bears little relationship to the data of other esteemed epidemiologists (at Stanford, for example). He is a self-confessed germophobe. Is this an Achilles’s Heel for him?

The risk of massive numbers of deaths is very much uncertain. The numbers have dramatically declined, very likely because they were wildly wrong to begin with. Besides, infection creates immunity. SARS disappeared after its antigenic mutation among human beings. So will COVID-19.

But the one-size-fits-all certainty he has chosen is 1) the destruction of our livelihoods and 2) authoritarian and unconstitutional edicts, which the President seems all in favor of (he’s said nothing about our liberty to make a living). And these two massive spending bills (one proposed)! What a burden to our children.

Who is he really? I no longer know. What is really going on? I see a few poll numbers drop. We have to get back to work this week. Many will be ruined. They lives of how many must be ruined so that X number’s lives may be saved?

• El Torito says:

Armchair virologists – the Democratic best hope and the sabotage flavor of the week.

• Jim says:

Thanks for the support Credibility Street – I have to agree with most of what you say. I still support Trump and there is absolutely no way I would ever vote for a dem. But that does not mean I can’t question Trump. Here are some more thoughts/concerns of mine:

1.IMHO, Trump all the hysteria has railroaded Trump to take the “safe” and “cautious” path of listening to Fauci, and all of those ridiculous models, providing cover to shut down the economy.

2. In contrast If this all happened while the Anointed One, or God forbid Hillary, were the Prez, the press would be pretty much sweeping this thing under the rug. “Its just a bad flu/cold that will pass. Get back to life as usual, nothing to see here.” Again, the numbers just don’t support all the hysteria. See:

3. All these social distancing measures are actually counter-productive, preventing herd immunity from naturally occurring among the population. I have read something like 8000 people arrive from China into CA airports per day. I find it hard to believe that many who arrived in the months of Dec and Jan did not bring the virus and spread it over CA. Right now the numbers in CA are very small considering the number of people in the state. Why? I think herd immunity is more plausible than all the social distancing is actually working. If the latter worked, you would not be hot spots in places like NYC/NJ.

4. When things finally settle down, the economy will be a mess. Who will the press blame? Trump of course. And if millions are out of work come November, Trumps re-election is by no means a certainty.

I hope every word of this post turns out to be wrong. But at this point in time, I am nervous about the state of this country, how people have reacted, and Trump’s chance for re-election. We’ll see.

• credibility,
            While I certainly do not agree with shutdown, you are missing the big picture. U.S. is not the only country wrecking their economy. Let me repeat again – U.S. is not the only country wrecking their economy. India is on a lockdown for 21 days – no trains, no airplanes, no nothing.
            If you are wavering then I guess you have not being paying attention to President Trump’s words v/s his actions. He has always presented that this is not that serious, initially, but his actions were clearly conveying that he understands the grave threat. Proof is in the pudding – he banned travel from China way before any other country reacted.
            There is only one explanation – these leaders has privy to information that you and I don’t have. If the panic these lockdowns are creating is considered to be lesser of two evils, than I cannot imagine what is really being known by them that most of them are saying – so be it.

• upper379 says:

Maybe you’re trying to be uncontroversial but you are succeeding in becoming inconsequential.

• canonfoder says:

All that I can say is that there is no one, past or present, that I would rather have in charge than President Trump. NO ONE.

• Enjoy your solitude, Gloom and Doom. The rest of us are going to trust in POTUS and have faith in Almighty God.

• So true LivingWithDogs.

When our friends start up with this “Trump is losing it business” and he will probably lose the election in the fall we just ask them so who are they going to vote for, Biden or the Dem’s other choices like the big loser Cuomo.

They get a blank look on their faces and change the subject.

Pres Trump has not lost his base.

And the Democrats are not winning converts.

• Ackman419 says:

Team Blue has had plenty of chances to leverage the media and popular sentiment, so as to favor their agenda.
            Who ever is giving them strategic advice is pretty lame.
            Now, with China virus, all the SJW causes look even more cart before the horse than ever before.
            Ignoring pragmatics and pushing rainbows doesn’t work at all when the nation is entering an historical recession.
            Team Blue is hoping for a complete meltdown now.

• suejeanne1 says:

I love that movie, “One Man’s Way” (1964) with Don Murray as Dr. Peale –
      when I first saw it when it was on tv, it was riveting – having grown up with devout, Bible-believing grandparents, great-grandparents and thinking to my own self, what good is it if I am supposed to think the time of miracles was long ago? It started out right away with the first scene where he was a newspaper reporter in the midst of an emergency situation and he was able to help someone, to have hope, to focus on getting across a very scary thing and making it to the other side.

Knowing that our President was brought up in Dr. Peale’s church is something beautiful and edifying – as one of my grandmother’s liked to quote – once in a while – “bring a child up in the way that he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it”

When I went to Wikipedia and looked up Dr. Peale’s book, “The Power of Positive Thinking” I was reminded of the negative criticisms I had heard over the years – but why wouldn’t some people criticize that, if they don’t WANT people to have hope?

I just ordered “One Man’s Way” through my Amazon Prime Video to watch it again!

• suejeanne1 says:

started watching it and realized that the gas explosion scene wasn’t the first scene – stopping for a moment because my Mom is on the phone – everyone staying in touch – seeing how our chicken and beef pies were (we ordered some things through Schwan’s)

well, back to the movie!

• suejeanne1 says:

After watching the movie, I went back to read things on Wikipedia regarding Dr. Peale and his “Power of Positive Thinking” . . . I now recall vividly the disdain, the brush off, the dismissal of it all as “self-hypnosis” . . . to me, it was simply claiming that the Gospel is very much for now, for us, that dear God has not abandoned us all these years after the great miracles we read of in the Bible, He is Living and loving, and very much wants us to be our best selves, to fulfill the potential we were given . . .

it means not succumbing to regret, self-doubt, self-destruction, hopelessness . . . who IS it exactly that wants us to be hopeless, to feel unworthy?

The stern warnings from long ago against the “Power of Positive Thinking” filled up the WIkipedia page pretty much . . . maybe some people will say I shouldn’t even bother looking at Wikipedia but it does provide some useful information. I used to go to the Public Library many years ago and look up articles in the “Reader’s Guide” (big green books – you would look up the subject matter and then jot down the periodicals that you wanted to look at that were in the stacks).

Anyway, it seems a familiar theme – tear down Norman Vincent Peale because he is a con man and dangerous! Where have I heard that again? (Mitt Romney, I am looking at you)

Why do people want to tear down someone who is trying to build up people? What exactly is their problem?

Thank you for listening.

2. ladyliberty11 says:

“. . .an historic day . . .”

• trnathens says:

Did anyone honestly expect China to just sit back, and let our VSGPDJT take the supply chains out of China?

You really think they wouldn’t be willing to let a few hundred thousand, if not millions of their own people die to achieve the goal of removing PDJT?

We’ll never know the true numbers out of China, because I don’t think THEY KNOW the true numbers, because they weren’t tracking, because to track leads to accounting, leads to information getting out about how deadly this was, and they didn’t want it known how deadly this was.

It might never be proved, but coincidence is too convenient here:

(1) Fall: Rush to get Articles of Impeachment passed, must do it now! No one understood Pelosi’s rush, not even the MSM, they just went along with it (go back and look at the headlines:

(2) December: Articles pass, but…wait. Why? If the Democratic leadership knew that China was releasing the virus, and that it had to spread IN CHINA first, so that passengers could fly stealth, then the waiting makes sense.

(3) Late January/Early February: we need more witnesses. After an anemic presentation to Impeach PDJT the Democrats tried to stall the inevitable by proposing more witnesses, which would have dragged the process into March, and maybe April (was that the plan?);

(4) Late February: In response to stopping flights from China, Nancy Pelosi encourages her constituents to celebrate in China town; DeBlasio tells New Yorkers to go about their lives; and the Mayor of New Orleans doesn’t cancel Mardi Gras; What better way to ensure the rapid spread of a virus about which no one IN THE PUBLIC knew about the communicability;

(5) Why require all Senators to sit on their tails for the duration of the Impeachment trial, under threat of punishment for leaving the chamber? Trying to limit “other work”, including the recognition of the virus’ deadly affects?

(6) Why wasn’t China more forthcoming with the information about how deadly and communicable COVID-19 is? They were open about Swine Flu and SARS, and warned the world so they could be prepared. Why not now? Why THIS level of secrecy from China?

And now, trying to re-write history? Saying PDJT didn’t do anything, that he dithered? Again, projection. Just like always, Democrats blame others for doing what they are doing now!

This was not an organic natural mutation of a prior corona virus, that just happened to escape the Chinese ‘wet markets’ in Wuhan. This is biological warfare, with the intended purpose of forcing the removal of PDJT. Democrats are in on it.

The number of coincidences in this timeline of events from Fall to now CANNOT statistically be ALL coincedences.

• dawg says:

Yep, if you see it, and I see it, we cant be the only ones. I posted this just yesterday…

dawg says:
        March 31, 2020 at 4:05 pm
        Im 100% convinced that this is a FAKE PANDEMIC. But if we keep up the lockdown, it could turn into a real one if not at least a seasonal illness.

Bear with me…..

January 15: Nancy Pelosi finally delivers the Articles of Impeachment to the Senate.

January 24: NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio says “New Yorkers should continue living as you have”

February 5: The Senate acquits PDJT

February 14: Mayor Bill de Blasio “this should not stop you from going about your life … from going out to Chinatown and going out to eat”

February 24: Nancy Pelosi is prancing around Chinatown…..

“We want to be vigilant about what might be on the hori….uh, what might be happening in other places……”

Wait, what was she ABOUT to say? “What might be on the horizon?”

“COME JOIN US.” -she says.

Then, all of a sudden, just 2 and a half weeks later, its all about “testing, testing, testing”

On March 12: Nancy Pelosi in the press conference

“Testing, testing, testing, so very important so that we can have an idea of the challenge, but also, first and foremost so we can meet the needs of those who TEST POSITIVE.”

(Keep in mind that over 80% of people who could test positive for CV are completely ASYMPTOMATIC. No symptoms, no problems, never knew they had it.)

She emphasizes the need for FREE TESTING for everyone. All in the first two minutes of her presser.

Meanwhile, back on March 2

Bill de Blasio

@BilldeBlasio
        Since I’m encouraging New Yorkers to go on with your lives + get out on the town despite Coronavirus, I thought I would offer some suggestions. Here’s the first: thru Thurs 3/5 go see “The Traitor” @FilmLinc. If “The Wire” was a true story + set in Italy, it would be this film.

1,617
        9:16 PM – Mar 2, 2020
        Twitter Ads info and privacy
        3,924 people are talking about this
        March 13: Bill de Blasio “we wanted people to go about their daily lives”

Now back up to February 26:

Rod Rosensteins sister at CDC chimes in with “its not a matter of if but when”

Then on March 5, the World Health Organization says the death rate at 3.4%.

BOOM!

Panic ensues.

They had ensured that everyone go about their daily lives, encouraging and seeding the population with it, helping spread it, then say its not a matter of if but when, then on the heels of all that drop the bombshell that its super deadly. (Only its NOT super deadly to a first world country with the best healthcare system in the world.)

A virus that everyone has been told not to worry about, now we are told is very deadly.

Media plasters that 3.4% death rate number everywhere. “Models” come out predicting millions dead. More panic. (The news stations are JUST like The Weather Channel during an approaching hurricane.)

Once everyone knew how “deadly” it was, they wanted everyone to know how widespread it is.

Now all the focus is on case numbers. Everyday that the number goes up, we must continue lockdown.

So we must keep testing, more testing, free testing.

But the Case Fatality Rate goes down as that denominator goes up. So what do they do? For one thing, test all the people in nursing homes and hospitals who are already dying, and if they have CV, and then die, BOOM! “Coronavirus death” Add it to the tally.

Then alter the language to “Coronavirus-related death”. Gotta keep that death rate up.

So they are combining the hospitalization numbers of those admitted FOR CV and adding them to those who were ALREADY IN the hospital and caught a coronavirus while admitted.

They are combining the numbers of those who die WITH a coronavirus with the number of people who die FROM this coronavirus.

The actual case number is FAR, FAR higher than the known, confirmed cases. Remember, over 80% are asymptomatic. No symptoms, no cough, no fever, no doctor visit, no hospitalization, no death. So the reported case number remains low, completely dependent on number of tests, and they inflate the hospitalization and death rates, fabricating a faux death rate and hospitalization rate and you have created a fake bubonic plague out of thin air.

Watch this:

You see, there was no need to release an actual, real super deadly contagious virus to wreak havoc. Why not? Because they had the media. They had Hillary sycophants at the NIH and traitors at the CDC.

They make everyone think its an awful virus by fudging the numbers at the beginning, then focus on testing, testing, testing so that as long as more positive tests keep coming in, the panic increases and WE MUST QUARANTINE FOR ANOTHER MONTH!

Perception became reality.

There is no hospital bed shortage. There is no ventilator shortage. At least no more than what is encountered during our annual flu season.

Regardless, governments restrict all movement to “slow the spread of the virus”. People follow along like sheep because they are terrified. In fact, what this “social distancing” is doing is SLOWING THE SPREAD OF IMMUNITY. Its preventing the buildup of a natural immunity in the population that would render the virus impotent against us. The quarantines will ensure the necessity of a vaccine. But what is a vaccine? Its injecting the disease itself into ourselves so our natural antibodies can fight it off. The annual flu vaccine is only about 50% effective. So what we should be doing is safeguarding the same people we safeguard from getting the flu, lift the quarantines and all that will happen naturally.

I think a vaccine is a red herring. Considering we seem to have a cocktail that stops the virus dead in its tracks among all but the most severely ill, we should be allowing it to spread so all the healthy people catch it and along with the asymptomatics develop an immunity to it, are no longer carriers and both the contagiousness and lethality of the virus plummets to something akin to the common cold.

But the current strategy of lockdowns, separation and quarantine is going to this virus to come back in the fall, and it will be worse. We wont have a vaccine by then. But just in time for the election. An election for which they have no candidate that can prevent Donald J Trump, the deep state globalists’ kryptonite, from an unencumbered 2nd term.

During impeachment, many speculated that they would just try to impeach again. I disagreed wholeheartedly and said “no way, they will move on to more extreme measures.” I was thinking more along the lines of just a simple assassination attempt. But regardless, my radar was up. As its gone on, its just become more and more clear to me whats happening. As sundance likes to say
        “Its like a puppet show, once you see the strings…….”

Considering what we have all witnessed the last 4 years, and the timing of it all, one has to believe this was a planned roll out of an everyday virus with fudged up numbers and hyped to the extreme, in order to wreck President Trump’s signature accomplishment going into campaign season, with the hopes of it turning into the mother of all “October surprises” and creating an environment in which there would be more demand for “change” if the situation is bad enough. When the going is good, the incumbent gets re-elected, so they needed to ruin everything.

This popped up recently and this paragraph immediately jumped out at me as exactly what I have been thinking.

“According to Icke, the strategy of the globalist cult is to create a problem and use the colluding media to spread the message. The resulting widespread fear incites demand for something drastic to be done. The intervention is justified by the problem, as justified by the people, and further justified by the results. The World Economic Forum recently ran Event 201, a simulation of a pandemic. This showed how unelected powers (ostensibly the World Health Organisation) could take charge and make elected governments follow global command. ‘Test, test, test’, the WHO leader orders, so that even the asymptomatic add to the crisis. And when this is all over, the authorities will get the credit for saving tens of thousands of lives. Yet countries with the strictest curfews (Italy, France and Spain) did not slow transmission of the virus (arguably, they facilitated it).”

• Raptors2020 says:

And Corona has magically avoided California, the biggest Democrat State.

3. Sentient says:

The president is way better than the bureaucrats in charge of health.
    WHO has been disseminating BS info for months that they’ve had to walk back.
    CDC messed up the testing and took forever to OK outside tests.
    FDA has been dragging their feet on everything. They currently have to approve EVERY use of “convalescent serum” (plasma from recovered patients). FDA still dragging their feet on approving clinical trial of Losartan to treat Acute Respiratory Syndrome in COVID19 patients. C’mon @ SteveFDA – get a move on !!!!!

• paulyho39 says:

Disgusting! You have to wonder if they are actually working AGAINST the solving of this crisis??!

• NJ Transplant says:

They sure are. Luckily, I am on Losartan for high blood pressure. It works really well for that.

• disgusted citizen says:

Yes, disgusting how these so called ‘americans’ are openly rooting against America. It’s appalling. They would like nothing better than to see millions dead, the economy in shamble and the remaining living as slaves.

• SHV says:

I just read the NEJM paper and it covers a lot of topics re:Losartan type drugs. It may provide some protection from lung and heart injury from COVID-19 virus but the major point was to cast doubt on some reports out of China that “Losartan” was harmful in pts with COVID and that at present time, don’t stop the drug.

FWIW, here are the summary highlights:
      • ACE2, an enzyme that physiologically counters RAAS activation, is the functional receptor to SARS-CoV-2, the virus responsible for the Covid-19 pandemic

• Select preclinical studies have suggested that RAAS inhibitors may increase ACE2 expression, raising concerns regarding their safety in patients with Covid-19

• Insufficient data are available to determine whether these observations readily translate to humans, and no studies have evaluated the effects of RAAS inhibitors in Covid-19

• Clinical trials are under way to test the safety and efficacy of RAAS modulators, including recombinant human ACE2 and the ARB losartan in Covid-19

• Abrupt withdrawal of RAAS inhibitors in high-risk patients, including those who have heart failure or have had myocardial infarction, may result in clinical instability and adverse health outcomes

• Until further data are available, we think that RAAS inhibitors should be continued in patients in otherwise stable condition who are at risk for, being evaluated for, or with Covid-19

• SHV says:

This is the key conclusion of the paper:
        ” Until further data are available, we think that RAAS inhibitors should be continued in patients in otherwise stable condition who are at risk for, being evaluated for, or with Covid-19″

• Dwayne Diesel says:

So certain Governors will read that and say “I will prosecute any doctor who issues or doesn’t halt RAAS usage in COVID patients!!!! They will go to jail….and this is Trump’s fault. Oh, and I don’t have ventilators…just ignore the fact I am hiding the ones we do have and we can’t stop employees from stealing stuff”

• Dwayne Diesel says:

I’m starting to notice the “information” provided by China during the onset of this whole viral outbreak is starting to show to be false. Everything they recommended to do or they said was not good to do (such as the treatments) all contributed to spreading the virus faster.

Now it’s coming to light that test kits are actually spreading the diseas because they are COVID carrying devicdes. I have not read the article becuase I couldn’t open it on my phone but they came from China- the ones spreading the virus. I made the interesting point that Italy, Sweden, England, Spain, and France all used Chinese tests. All are experiencing large spikes in COVID after they started using those tests. And, most of those tests they discovered, after administering, were found to be broken.

My statement to a friend: Were the tests broken? Or did they do what they were really designed to do, spead the virus? If their job was to actually test they are broken but if they were never designed to test but rather spread then they worked as planned.

• WhiteBoard says:

“reports our of china ” said ….. so this evidence is why the US is halting utilizing it… hmmm

• upper379 says:

Why are they now allowing Hydroxyquine to be used as a last resort. It will have the least effect then. See I told you it’s not that good.[S]

4. jeans2nd says:

Yesterday the incredibly over-loquacious and insalubrious Steve Bannon called for banning all air travel to and inside the U.S.

This morning Bannon is calling for cessation of all travel, including cars, for the entire United States. King Steven will consider allowing truck traffic.

This, ladies and gentlymen, is called the total suspension of our Constitution and elimination of all your God-given Rights.
    aka fascism

Pres Trump fired Bannon for cause.
    Sending a prayer of Thanks to Our Lord for removing this arrogant dictator from any ability to influence Our President.

• paulyho39 says:

Absolutely!

• trapper says:

Bannon is in full Chicken Little. That’s OK. He’s not the only one. But there are some who are not, who keep a clear head and a steady hand, and Trump leads them all.

Hope. Always hope. We may not yet see the light at the end of the cold dark woods, but faith generates hope, and that keeps us walking until we come through it and out the other side.

• NJ Transplant says:

The travel is a real problem. In Maine, we are seeing our numbers go up because of people coming from NY and NJ. Florida and Texas are also having problems. People from hotspot states, who have been exposes and are carriers of the virus, go to other states to get away from it and cause new outbreaks. At this rate, it will never go away.

• Judith says:

@NJ Transplant.. I can see Florida. Spring breakers from all over the country went to Florida just prior to the sheltering edicts.

Many cruise ships leave from (and dock at) Florida’s ports. Before the travel ban took effect, Florida had several cruise ships docking there on a daily basis.

Tourists from all over the world take cruises to and from Florida. Places like Disney also receive thousands of daily visitors from all over the world.

NYers are not the only tourists in Florida. Not by a long shot!

When Florida experiences their COVID-19 spike, it will not only be from NY travelers. In fact, a case can be made that tourist destinations like Florida may have exposed tens of thousands of people from every corner of the globe.

• Judith says:

I wouldn’t think too many NYers would head up north to Maine at this time of the year, but stranger things have happened.

• upper379 says:

You don’t want us now, we won’t come when you do.

• Jorizabeth says:

i like Bannon. Trying to get the population to understand that not socially distancing KILLS! Reference the R0 factor. We don’t need rights if we’re dead!

• Dwayne Diesel says:

I’d rather be dead than not have rights. What’s the point in being alive if you are confined to a cell? Or your home masquerading as a cell?

• Judith says:

Stop listening to the chicken little crowd and trust your President. When has President Trump ever let us down?

Don’t allow Chicom Enemedia fear porn to destroy our country from within. How about we rally together and choose hope.

I’m not staying home because the Enemedia or some commie governor orders me to. I want to stay home because our very stable genius, President Donald John Trump, has asked me to do so for the short term, and I trust his judgement.

• czecharthur says:

So we should from now on stop all travel during flu season because it kills!!!! With the same logic there is countless sicknesses spread by human contact, so from now on we should just all social distance forever to stop killing others!!!! Again it is easy to be Dictator, it is very hard to think and use our brains and logic.

• jeans2nd says:

Bannon has said previously and repeatedly the Chinese people are the most loyal hardest working people on the planet. Today Bannon said he, Bannon, has devoted his entire life to helping the Chinese people defeat the Communist Chinese. And that is just for starters.
        Sorry, beth, those are not the words of an American Patriot, in my book.

• Bendix says:

Ivanka was said to be behind his ouster.
      I thought it was because she saw him as trying to position himself as the man who created Trump.
      Her instincts for protecting her father appear to be working.

• El Torito says:

I have lots of respect for Bannon but he doesn’t know how to let others win sometimes. “Would you rather be right, or be employed?” Sometimes you gotta let your coworkers get a win…

• j'accuse says:

Banning did a stint appearing with left wing Democrats and never-trumpers playing the role of the left’s stereotype of the evil conservative. Now he’s reinvented himself as a political Nostradamus and shaman. Can’t say I’m a fan of Bannon. He’s a reasonably intelligent guy but 90% huckster and self-promoter imo.

5. CountryClassVulgarian says:

An American President who leads the hope brigade and cheerleads for his country is a novel idea only to the BAFFLER crowd.

6. fangdog says:

People as Bannon influencing America is what is wrong for America. The real issue is how so many who are bad for America get themselves in a sphere of influence and then it becoming near impossible to get rid of them.

7. bethabcd says:

Dan Bongino points out the hypocrisy of our lying FakeMedia in this tweet.

8. bea12gle says:

PRAY FOR PRESIDENT TRUMP DAILY

9. Acosta: “This may be an uncomfortable question but…” In other words, “I, King Acosta, have already decided your guilt.”
    Another favorite: “How would you rate yourself…” If you say good, you’re full of yourself. If you say ok, you’re mediocre. If you say bad, you’re a failure. There is no right answer. That said, the President dispensed this clown easily.

What if the Press Corpse had done some actual reporting earlier, Jim, instead of trying to impeach the President for the last three years? How do you rate yourself, Jim: dogsh*t, horsesh*t or bullsh*t? I can’t decide.

Acosta and his ilk are there for one reason only; to provide ammo for another Impeachment try.

10. treehouseron says:

I think he’s doing a fantastic job. Jim Acosta’s big choice today was what color tie to wear, President Trump’s big choice today was how many businesses does he allow to go bankrupt. I mean this is ultra high stakes stuff, it’s literally life and death on either side and he has to walk the path with the hounds baying on each side.

think about this, not only does he have to deal with real problems, he has to deal with fake problems. Some of the people around him are not genuine and are attempting to give him bad advice and manipulate him into something that could harm himself or people of the country.

So not only does he have tough choices, some of the choices are a trap. It’s like a really high stakes video game, and he’s done a great job so far.

11. BigTalkers says:

He’s some guy…

And right now he’s carrying our country (and in many respects the whole world) on his shoulders!

12. Kristin DeBacco says:

This quarantine IS the2nd try of impeachment

13. fred5678 says:

Fauci certainly doesn’t give hope — goes on “comedy” TV show to contradict himself sound alarm:

in an article published in the New England Journal of Medicine on March 26. “This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of COVID-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively.”

A day after the NEJM article was published, Fauci was back to repeating the higher fatality number in public rather than “considerably less than 1%.”

“The mortality of [COVID-19] is about 10 times [flu],” Fauci told Comedy Central host Trevor Noah on March 27.

• California Joe says:

Fauci has been terribly inconsistent and contradictory since Day One! At one press conference he said 20,000 possible deaths with the virus waning in April due to the warming temperatures. The very next day he said the virus would continue until August. He’s later said 100,000 deaths or 2.2 million. It’s flattening or it’s soaring. The guy is a snake and contradicts himself sometimes even in the same sentence. He’s a master at double speaking and saying nothing. President Trump should sack the guy.

• mimbler says:

He’s spreading fear to hurt PDJT while covering his professional reputation by publishing the truth in the NEJM, knowing the press will keep mum and not report his factual article in the MSM.

14. SHV says:

PDJT is an amazing person. I just looked at the third photo with Esper and PDJT looks amazing considering his schedule and pressure. Looks younger and has lost weight (good) or he is not wearing body armor (bad).

15. treehouseron says:

What we are really seeing here, is God making Donald Trump humble. Not with the deaths and the sickness, but with the world looking to him for help. Let me explain.

I saw Hulk Hogan of all people talking about this one time… he said that being famous makes you feel really small and hopeless. He explained what he meant… he said he was once at his son’s birthday party, and all these little kids are running around the house, so he sits down at his counter in his living room and starts reading some fan mail, while the kids are playing a game or whatever. so he just nonchalantly pulls out this letter, he had hundreds stacked there, and when he opened it, a picture fell on the ground. He read the letter to himself (the kids were playing, didn’t notice)… the letter said

“Dear Hulk! our little boy was your biggest fan, he made us promise we’d bury him in his Hulk Rules t-shirt, thank you for being such a great role model for him.”

The picture that had fell on the floor was of a little child, 5 or 6 years old, lying in a casket wearing a “Hulk Rules” t-shirt.

So Hulk said, at that moment he felt like the smallest person in the world, he said he didn’t know what to do, he was at his son’s birthday party, was he supposed to just ignore this dead baby he had just been presented with and act like nothing was happening? Was he supposed to call the child’s parents? Was he supposed to send them something? He had no way to do the right thing, no matter what he did it wouldn’t make anything better or change anything, but these people, even this little kid had made him such a big part of their life when in reality he was just some redneck form Florida who play fights on t.v.

——————————————————————————————

So the same thing is going on with Donald Trump right now. He has lived a life full of Ego and I have no problem with ego, I have a healthy one myself. He has finally though, in his 70’s, gotten to the point that Hulk Hogan got to, he has people looking up to him and asking him for help and no matter what he does, it won’t help enough, and other people will be disappointed. Now as President he has a hell of a lot more power than a pro wrestler does to change people’s lives.

It’s the curse of being a leader… .and when President Trump said Sunday “I am very proud to be your President.” that was the hat tip to me.

God has changed him and made him a much better man, we are very fortunate to have such a competent, and proud man as our leader, because his pride is going to make sure he does what he absolutely feels is the best thing to do.

• Bendix says:

That was beautiful, Ron.
      One moment for me that cemented my view of the man, was just after he won New Hampshire, I believe. He desperately wanted to win that state, and he pulled out all the stops, bringing in the whole family save Barron. Nine months pregnant Ivanka was out in the bitter cold, supporting her father.
      The first time he spoke to the press, not his official acceptance speech, but something informal in a hotel lobby, I remember a hoarse and exhausted Donald repeating, “I love you all.”
      p.s. I keep trying to find that footage without any luck, but I don’t think I imagined it.
      It was on CNN so who knows, maybe they deep-sixed it.
      If anyone has it please post it.

• treehouseron says:

I remember that, I think you’re right. He was so excited, but he didn’t want to show it. You couldn’t miss it though. the only times I see him like that, are when he’s around sports figures, when he’s standing next to Tiger Woods, or I think he was similar around Kanye, he feels like he’s in the fight and there is a competition going on, it kind of makes him swell up but at the same time it must be really hard on him, because he knows that the people are what did it, all the normal people going out and voting for him, just like Hulk having all those kids tune in on t.v., or go sit in the nose bleeds.

Hulk said when he used to come through the curtain… he wore Red & Yellow for the contrast… and he would tie things around his head, and had his hair long and stringy… he’d come out, and put one of those big arms over his head and start spinning it around, and shaking his head so his hair flew around… because he wanted the kids sitting all the way up at the top of the arena to be able to see him.

When Trump comes on t.v., he talks about the little people, he knows what the world runs on. It’s one thing when some rich guy supports you but it’s a complete other thing when some truck driver in Mississippi supports you. It’s one thing when the rich kids are sitting in the front row, it’s another thing when some little boy begs his dad to go to the Wrestling show and the only ticket they can afford is the one up in the nosebleeds. It means more to him. So Hulk played to those kids in the cheap seats.

16. Clyde says:

My go to website on this virus.

17. JohnCasper says:

I would have more hope if both FrankenFuchi and MadameIgor were transferred to Moon Base Alpha. How can anyone have hope with those two trying to terrorize everyone and on a daily basis with their crazy numbers?

• Strangely Accurate says:

John, the situation that they are trying to explain is that during the month of April, tens of thousands of our fellow countrymen are going to die… not from being a casualty of war but from an invisible virus enemy.

They have to tell us the bad news… in fact, their job is to tell us the bad news.

18. CheetoGuido says:

Love it, made me feel like crying, grateful that he is my President. I love when he says he is our cheerleader and I believe. One thing that always comes across is his honesty and his love for The United States. When I listen to VP Pence speak, I like what he has to say but the first thing I am struck with is that I get the “I am a Politician” vibe from him. There is none of that with President Trump because he is not a politician.

19. Jenevive says:

“The Experts” for weeks having been telling us we don;t need
    to wear masks..they won;t help, don;t wear masks..they are only
    needed by healthcare workers..But now they are considering that
    MAYBE we should wear masks out in public…This is why no one
    believes them and now with shortages they will create
    panic and hoarding of masks if they say we should wear them..

• pyromancer76 says:

Make your own mask. Easy-peasy. Lots of instruction on the YouTube. Even some with your own HEPA 99.9% vacuum cleaner bag. At least wear a cowboy kerchief when you go out. You protect others and you lessen your intake of the “viral load.”

20. Stephen F. Paul says:

You can call me a “Tin Foil Hat” person but I was thinking about things and it dawned on me that China could absolutely be somewhat right about America being responsible for the virus. And it may have been released in Wuhan because of that market and the proximity of the Lab or even labs that are in that area. They have the ability to leave the Fingerprints of foreign nations on their work and and this wouldn’t take much to pull off. They could just mail a virus infested package or letter ,even letters to people who works in that market or close by and it’s off to the races (no pun intended) Look what they have done so far to try and take him out of the picture. Some of these experts may have helped them accomplish their goal of Ruining everything Trump has accomplished with the American economy unwittingly. We saw what they(CIA) did with Italy,the UK and Australia and Misfud and Halper and a few others. Don;t think for one second these people would not kill as many people as have died and will die to get Trump UN-electable or in a position that is very difficult to win. I’m sure they have people building 100 different narratives right now to have at the ready and no shortage of willing media accomplices who would help.
    They may have Tricked him into making a decision that was very hard to change and the snow ball started rolling with the help of their media accomplices. It does sound crazy in one sense but then again so does the first operation they tried to take him out in 2016 ,17,18, up to19.
    I can see he is genuinely trying to save as many lives as possible with his decisions but the first models they used from different Universities have proved to be (Way Off) and when you think of the people who work their and how they all hate him with a passion it’s very easy to believe they intentionally gave them a flawed model so Trump could only make bad choices.

Just a Thought!

• Stephen F. Paul says:

I really do hope I just have a wild imagination but with what I have seen from the powerful people who want him gone and all the democrats combined with never Trumpers nothing would shock me as far as New Lows . Everyday they sink to a new low.

21. I sent the video (original one video recap link) to three people. This is one response I received:
    Thanks, Isn’t he just sooooo amazing!!! What a stupendous leader!!!

22. Sepp says:

The last three evenings, just before 9:00 PM Eastern Time, a Prayer for Deliverance from COVID-19 has been shared on the Open Thread.

23. rah says:

Trump and Corona Task Force spends 20 minutes of the last briefing dealing with an oxygen thief.

24. JohnCasper says:

How many here ever watched cartoons as a kid? Anybody else remember one of those where a mosquito would land on the cartoon character’s nose or forehead and he would take a hammer and bash the mosquito, and really hard, and even repeatedly?

Collectively, America has become that cartoon character.

25. Oldretiredguy says:

PDT is absolutely one of the best Presidents in the history of the nation. The House has to be returned to the GOP in November. Two more years of liar Schifforbrains and Piglosis can do as much damage to America as the virus.

26. solomonpal says:

It’s amazing to me how this man can keep his cool with all these DemonRats and media swine. It’s really a gift. God Bless President Trump. My once in a lifetime. Thank you sir.

27. plane of the ecliptic says:

“his non-political authenticity” Yep, It amazes me that the anti-Trumpers still view him as a Politician. They will never get it, he is not a Politician. He gave a tell several times a week ago when he kept referring to “the Politicians are working together on the Bill to get it passed” This is one of the reasons they can never bring him down.

28. Catherine Thompson says:

Worldwide Deaths from January 1st – March 25th, 2020. 21,297 – Deaths by Coronavirus
    113,034 – Deaths by Seasonal Flu 228,095 Deaths by Malaria 249,904 Deaths By Suicides 313,903 – Deaths by Traffic Fatalities 390,908 Deaths by HIV/AIDS 581,599 – Deaths by Alcohol 1,152,481 – Deaths by Smoking 1,909,804 – Deaths by Cancer 2,382,324 – Deaths by Hunger 9,913,702 – Deaths by Abortion. You decide – should we have shut down our entire country?

29. Doppler says:

TDS: The country was never that great. We face doom and gloom, mass death. This is no time for hope, nor sense that it can get better. This is the mother of all crises. Trump must be removed. We must cede our sovereignty to elite globalists who alone can make the coordinated decisions from the top down required by our vision of the world (i.e, Marxism, a**holes, hee hee hee, get ready for re-education, MFs; those who question the party line, refuse to kiss our a**es, your time is over).

Notice how the same press keep demanding to know why the President doesn’t nationalize everything, as if “a real leader would’ve nationalized everything by now.” Some may even believe it. President Trump is a cheerleader, a Patriot, and a very stable genius, to boot.

Meanwhile, in the depths of this crisis, while (we are to believe) Durham is at last about to nail some scalps to his wall for deep state abuses), he’s also embracing MMT, and marrying it to America First. The Fed is printing dollars to buy corporate debt. The Fed is printing dollars to buy US Treasuries from any Central Bank needing dollars (they all do). The deficit was a trillion before this pandemic and the $2T stimulus. He’s announced a new $2.2T infrastructure plan to put the country to work rebuilding our roads, bridges, tunnels, airports, ports. The National debt grows toward $30T. All at zero interest. And the Fed owns a voraciously increasing percentage of it.

And his plan to merge the Fed into the US Treasury begins to emerge. (see Maria B’s interview with Steve Bannon on Sunday, linked here: https://thedeepdive.ca/steve-bannon-is-a-socialist-merge-the-fed-and-treasury-start-buying-corporate-debt/ (but ignore the deepdive shallow analysis)

Meaning the Fed prints money to buy up much of the US debt, bridge the pandemic V curve, rebuild the country, which means, with merger, most of the US debt is forgiven, and the US Treasury becomes the central bank for the world (or those countries we allow to continue to have access to the Fed window and dollar liquidity, which they cannot do without, another Trump card for the master dealmaker to play). Inflation is avoided by restricting dollars to the value of total assets, not a dollar more. Total assets. Leaving the country, assuming he is reelected and avoids catastrophe, with four more years of Trump-growth in the economy, meaning a job with rising wages for everyone and a better one waiting if they don’t get the raise or promotion they were expecting, no inflation, low interest rates, cheap energy, a Dow at 40,000, “national security” tariffs expanded from steel and aluminum to include pharmaceuticals and who knows what else.

What could go wrong? Those Total Assets are worth a lot more in a booming Trump economy than they are in a failed, shut-down economy. If anything prevents Trump from following through on the whole plan for the next five years, we could have catastrophe – vastly more dollars than assets are worth = major inflation. The TDS crowd, the Dems, the Deep State, the media, the RINOs, China, the EU all want catastrophe, or at least that is how they’ve painted themselves in on Trump’s big porch. They’ve all underestimated our President, and must now be defeated.

It’s Trump economy for the world on steroids, or bust.

30. Angus D says:

Dim’s plan on making Social Distancing permanent. You deplorables will be so much easier to control

31. yadent says:

‘Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.’
    Andy Dufresne, Shawshank Redemption

Inspirational quote from one of my favorite movies. Now if one is familiar with the movie, Andy had reasons/facts, to be hopeful. 1) He was innocent of murder. 2) He had a plan to change his circumstances. His hope wasn’t blind but based on a fact and real possibilities.

Our current actions regarding COVID-19 were based on the hope of changing the mortality outcome of this virus via ‘flattening the curve’. The goal of this action was NOT to lessen the total number of infections but to spread them out. If 100 million infections were expected, that number was going to happen in 2 months or 6. Pay me now or pay me later. Any implication given now that our ongoing actions will ‘hopefully’ prevent that number of total infections means those in the know were either ignorant or lying at the beginning or are doing so now.
    The premise of ‘flattening the curve’ was to spread out, over time, serious infections that required hospitalization, in essence ventilator need, to save lives. AGAIN, not decrease serious infections but to increase chance at mechanical intervention. Given data from China ,Europe, and the US, if ventilation is required with COVID-19, the chance of survival is around 10%. The number 2.2 million was mentioned yesterday. If 2.2 million will die due to lack of ventilators, data shows that 1.9m+ will die with said vents regardless.

The question then must be asked, the hope to save roughly 220,000 individuals, is the cost in terms of economic hardship and the potential stress related health issues to millions, worth it? Each one of us, within our hope, must ask this. As was asked by a very able, smart person, ‘Is the cure worse than the illness?’

32. Rex70 says:

President Trump—I pray for you everyday. In this moment and crisis, I am grateful for the hope you have, do and continue to provide this blessed country and faithful people around the world who look to this nation and its leadership in times like this. Thank God that it is you at the helm.

And when this crisis passes, which it will, the true and big-picture issue is simple: addressing the continued existence of The People’s Republic of China. They have never wanted to peacefully coexist with the rest of the world, and the purposeful unleashing and erroneous data-sharing of this biological weapon is proof of that. I believe that, post COVID-19, TPRC ought to be treated as post-WWII Germany was—territorially divided up and run by outside governments until a time that its citizens are exorcized of its China v. The World mentality. Just looking at The Big Picture here and how to deflect this Silver Bullet against the free republics and economies that the Left has now found and has allowed the ChiComs to deploy.

Through China’s unleashing of COVID-19, The worldwide Left has achieved IN WEEKS against the Free World what the worldwide Left has wanted FOR DECADES. I pray.

• Rynn69 says:

Beautifully said. China must be held accountable for this by pulling out all manufacturing from the West. They unleashed biowarfare – at the very least did not inform the world when it happened so it spread – and then threatened the U.S. with withholding medicines. The message all Americans and Europeans must receive:

If you continue to deal with China, you will no longer have a country.

33. sarasotosfan says:

You don’t give hope to people by destroying the economy and the currency.

Desantis has gone Democrat in FL on us in issuing his statewide edict.

34. Johnny Boost says:

We’d have hope if we could go to work. Open the country, NOW!

35. Connie Wendinger says:

Our president is under constant attack daily. I pray for him every night that God will help him find a way to calm the people and to help all of us. He is doing a great job. He definitely has my vote in November.

36. ethicall says:

We deal year after year with huge numbers of flu sufferers. So far this year for the flu 18 million going to the doctor, 400,000 hospitalized, 24,000 deaths. As of March 31, 2020 163,539 cases of Wuhan with 2,860 deaths. Lets say all of the confirmed cases were hospitalized, why would this small increase throw our entire health care system in to such disarray? Why would hospital after hospital claim they need 30,000 ventilators? I understand a hospital here and there being overtaxed, in the hard hit areas, but not nationwide. And don’t hospitals plan for pandemics? Shouldn’t they be able to adapt to an extra 3,200 cases per state, if not much more?

37. rjones99 says:

CNN is ashoe.

38. Liberty Forge says:

I am just curious, and I will admit to not having read any comments whatsoever. Nothing.

I have read nothing today. But, my windows are sparkling like there is no tomorrow!

(Hunker down — and get those chores done that you have been putting off!)

Has anyone factored into this whole fiasco — the human impact on Spring?

Spring? Sunshine? Warming temperatures? More sunlight? An uplifting spirit?

Has anyone factored that in? I am asking.

There comes a time, as in seasons — which throws off the dampers of the season before.

We throw off the sometimes depressing nature of winter. We renew with Spring.

Winter tends to huddle us, whereas Spring gives us a hint of better things to come. Even the air smells better. Birds chirp.

All I am saying is this — keep those spirits up!

Believe in the human experience. Discount anything — and I do mean anything — from those who believe they control you.

Honestly, I am appalled at the hogwash they are feeding to us.

39. j'accuse says:

Trump’s personality is to keep a positive attitude. He always intends to win and doesn’t see a purpose in negativity/ That doesn’t mean he’s living in a fool’s paradise as the MSM likes to portray. He knows quite well how bad this could be in terms of sickness & death and economically and has said so.

The MSM is really something to behold. The Mueller report destroyed their credibility yet they appear to sail peacefully onward. The level of self-delusion that requires is astonishing.

40. Rynn69 says:

“No decisions are easy and the pressure is enormous; yet inherently most Americans know what President Trump is trying to do is deliver the best possible outcome for our nation.”

I believe he will be re-elected, Pelosi will lose the House and the Rs will retain the Senate. People see what is going on. We have to save our country. Democrats are too “in bed” with the enemy China and are showing the American people every day they are actually the enemy themselves.