March 31st – 2020 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #1167

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Stephanie Grisham Twitter @StephGrisham45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,301 Responses to March 31st – 2020 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #1167

1. BuckNutGuy says:

As I predicated when Dr Amy Goebbels shut down the Ohio schools, the complaints about school funding differences impacting remote learning have started….be ready of the $billion school technology blowout, cuz….its for the children.

• thedoc00 says:

Should be interesting how such an “advanced” state like Ohio gets to cry for I/T money when my kindergarten aged granddaughter has been doing computer based remote public school for the past 3 weeks in “backwards” Arkansas.

Also, interesting when big tech showers free computers on school districts in return for the infrastructure contract and/or tax break.

• BuckNutGuy says:

Doc,
        Ohio schools are funded via property taxes. This will be a state funding issue to shift money to the larger, urban districts from the “wealthy” suburbs. Yes, big tech will have lobbyist all over Columbus pushing for this….it will also allow them to continue to make sure the kids get their daily dose of CNN-10.

• thedoc00 says:

Re-read the comment. The concern is the next bailout will aimed at ISD’s across the US to “improve” their remote learning capabilities. Property taxes is the method across the US in most states for funding their ISD’s and Community Colleges.

I live in Collin County and I am very familiar with the Robinhood movements, especially across Texas.

I also follow how the redistributed money is often squandered on everything but improving the classroom level of education systems. Much of the money is used to create utterly useless management, specialist and assessment staff positions.

• Nick the Deplorable says:

I have had two people try to sell me school laptops in the last year. Both cases they could not log into the laptop and asked if I could crack the password. Both laptops had hard drives locked with bitlocker so I could not change password and I noticed stickers had been removed. After I told them I could not crack password both asked if I wanted to buy the laptop.

• CM-TX says:

*RUMOR* so take with a HUGE GRAIN OF SALT.

I came across supposed claim… during school closures US Ed Dept. authorized installation of 5G networks in many public schools. Utilizing private contractors who should say they’re there to “clean & sanitize” to any prying eyes.

I won’t even pretend to understand all the 5G/ 60 mghz good/bad frequency hype. But if it has any connection to Chyna- that’s BAD.

• Lulu says:

Please. My kids go to parochial school, and our teachers are doing FT school via their personal phones, computers, etc. Parochial teachers are paid far less than public school teachers, and parochial schools spend a third as much per student as public schools. If anyone in the student’s house has access to the internet they can easily do remote learning.

The public school counties around me just aren’t even trying to do online learning and 99% of the students households have cell phones, tablets, laptops…

• They don’t want the masses to figure out that most schooling could be taught online and that we really don’t need the bloated school bureaucracy. Your children should be taught by the best instructors out there who may or may not work in your area. They record their lectures and then have an online question and answer session afterwards.

• Ackman419 says:

Yep. Just how valuable are brick and mortar educators when they are doing online education? They aren’t even skilled in online education.
        Yet, the public is expected to pay (overpay) full price for this ad how education?
        If this goes on into next September, the blowback on public brick and mortar will be startling, imo.
        Full payment, via property taxes, for amateur online education will not fly.

2. wtd says:

Dr. Andrew Bostom, Academic Associate Professor of Family Medicine at Brown University, Internist MD & author of The Legacy of Jihad, The Legacy of Islamic Antisemitism, Sharia Versus Freedom tweeted the following:

First randomized, placebo-controlled RCT of hydroxychloroquine (without azithromycin) published in 62 Chinese patients suggests benefit in both time to overall recovery, & decreased likelihood of progressing to severe disease, absent major side effects

3. Lady in Red says:

Just left one of my favorite markets in NYC. NYPD was walking through counting people and observing our social distancing. It was off-putting and I felt like I was in the USSR. Everyone was nervous like they had done something wrong, employees and customers alike. On the way out an employee, talking to another, was mentioning how someone had “reported” them. The market had well under the “50 persons” noted on the door. When I left, there was a monitor at the door with a clicker. I can’t imagine living like this for an extended period of time.

• gingergal says:

Walking up to the grocery store there was a line before it opened, and a police car with the lights on, and tape on the ground where we are supposed to stand with the manager yelling “social distancing!”. I said to myself “welcome to the Soviet Union” and we get up to the line, and a guy waiting in line said “it’s like Russia isn’t it?” I told him wow, I was just thinking that.

I’m assuming a lot of us grew up in the 80s and that time left an impression on us all.

• gingergal says:

In Northern Arizona.

• listingstarboard says:

Wow really? I am in Northern AZ too, have not seen that but have not been at a store when it opens either. Insanity.

• gingergal says:

We usually go in the afternoon but lately we haven’t been getting exactly what we needed so decided to go right when Fry’s opened. We were surprised there was a line, etc. but wanted to get there before the tp was gone. Anyways, the tape on the ground, police car, and yelling social distancing seem unnecessary but we had the same experience at Costco a couple weeks ago.

• jimrockfish says:

Real world experience today trying to contact DES here in Arizona for unemployment benefits in the CARES act. DES administers the unemployment stuff here in AZ and like most government entities, has a horrible reputation and is beyond criminally slow.

I called at 7am as extended hours started. After 2 hours and 8 minutes on hold, a guy picks up.

I asked when the website and application would be updated to allow we self employed folks the ability to apply because that’s new under the CARES act.

“Nothing has been approved yet”.

No, President Trump signed the bill on Friday, it’s law now.

“That’s only for a one time payment of $1200, has nothing to do with unemployment”.

No, self employed unemployment benefits are part of the new law.

“Nothing has been approved yet, sorry sir”. Click.

Hung up on me. I realize it has only been since Friday but having front line workers who are totally clueless is really not a good way to assist people. He didn’t even know the bill had been signed.

As a sole proprietor who’s business has completely stopped, I’m looking at all options. The SBA paycheck protection loan is also a possibility. Hopefully the SBA banks/lenders get up to speed quickly.

God bless America.

• booger71 says:

Mnunchin said the earliest that this might be up and running is Friday April 3rd, and did say some states would be faster than others

• Kelly Smith says:

Please be patient with the banker you go through when you apply for the SBA Payroll Protection Program. I ran an SBA loan dept for years. Without going into detail, please remember the SBA is a government bureaucracy. They aren’t efficient at all!! There were many times after being on the phone with them I felt like I was having a heart attack. Choose a good experienced SBA lender that knows how to navigate the system and you should be OK.

• Kelly Smith says:

• bertdilbert says:

Just because the benefits were signed into law, does not mean the details have been worked out and handed to the front line. That is what you are running into right now.

• Ausonius says:

Nothing like that – yet – here in central Ohio in my experience. No counters, no policemen or deputies, or anybody counting anyone.

Best Wishes to you and Lady in Red above on Resisting our not-so-closeted American Totalitarians and their Sheep! 😉

• Lady in Red says:

We also have the tape, on sidewalks and for lines at checkout. And I have seen police cars slowly driving around with their lights on. I notice people staring at the ground as they walk. It’s uncomfortable and scary. I’m happy to hear about your experience with the guy in line, something similar happened to me when I was in line a couple of days ago at another market, and the guy behind me caught my eye and said “I hope this doesn’t become the norm” I said something about being good little soldiers and it’s a great practice run for communism, and he said “that’s my fear”. It’s comforting to find others (outside of the Treehouse) are having similar feelings and fears.

• gingergal says:

We talk to people in line too (husband is a talker) and people are either very angry or dismissive of the fear mongering. Every once in awhile we run into someone with a mask who looks scared, but mostly people are angered by it or don’t think this is all necessary. The time we waited in line at Costco a few weeks ago, there weren’t even any cases reported in our county yet.

• vikingmom says:

My son works at a Trader Joe’s in the Seattle area and he said they are doing the same thing. People line up outside and they let a certain number in and as one leaves another is allowed to enter. I understand the need to keep everything orderly so that people don’t get knocked over by the crazies running for the toilet paper, but the idea that we are all so easily acquiescing to having our supplies rationed and our behaviors so tightly controlled, scares me far-far more then any flu virus!

• dwpender says:

Hopefully there are no police staring, threatening and enforcing like Lady in Red described. Trader Joe’s relatively small footprint stores had always been laid out quite differently from larger supermarkets, let alone big box chains. It was my understanding TJ had adopted this 50 person limit on its own shortly after the federal guidelines appeared, and before our Royal Governor and their minions (unfortunately, backed with federal funds and the National Guard in needed) started issuing regal edicts.

• vikingmom says:

Well, my other son is a police officer (LOL) and he has no interest in patrolling grocery stores nor does anyone in his department! They are livid over the fact that dangerous prisoners are being released onto the streets, putting them and the public at risk!

• Charlie Currie says:

Our TJ in Long Beach,CA has done the same. They put semi-round markers six feet apart on the sidewalk where you line up – each has an advertisement for a couple of their products. I thought this was clever marketing. My neighbor was upset because she bought one of the items and it wasn’t on her list or anything she’s purchased before. Works! Ha!

• Lady in Red says:

Your Trader Joe’s has toilet paper? I think mine is permanently out.

• cjzak says:

What would you suggest people do? We are generally a law abiding and compassionate society so trying to do the right thing would be our first instinct when we think there is a serious problem that will effect all of us. I think people will go along for a while longer and let this play out some. We unfortunately are getting so many mixed signals and hype from both sides that it is hard for any of us to know right now what the real facts are. After April 30, there should be enough information and clear patterns on how this virus has proceeded and what the consequences are going to be. After that date, it will be interesting to see just how tolerant folks will be, imo. Of course, it all depends on what we are being told and what is actually the truth and if we can see the difference finally.

From the several front line health professionals I know here, this is a very nasty virus if you react to it severely. They were a little shell shocked after the first week of patients showing up in larger numbers at their hospitals. They don’t lie to me, they are not rattled easily and I know I don’t want to catch this not knowing if I would be one of those who reacted poorly to it. One said at his hospital the protocol using the hyroxy/azith treatment off label is there but has not said how or if it was helping people yet, to me anyway. I know some patients cannot take it if they don’t pass some kind of test that they get prior. Not sure what it was because I didn’t ask for much info at that point, but some people were not able to use the hydroxychloroquine. Something about if you score more than 400 measurement you were not eligible because it would harm you. Might have been a cardiovascular test. I just didn’t bug them for specifics and didn’t catch the whole gist of what they said.

I am willing to wait a bit and I know people are hurting and the economy is at great risk. If we are being lied to for political reasons or to see if we are easily made compliant about being ordered around by the govt. then it will come out and I am sure we the people will react appropriately. I think we just don’t know enough yet. PT knows way more than we do so I will put my faith in that. For now.

• Tl Howard says:

You can look at it your way or this way too: how is it any different than a law enforcement officer tracking your speed on a highway or city street? Public safety is at risk if you speed or if you come to close to your fellow citizen during a pandemic.

Few things in life are simple. Balancing individual freedom with public safety is one such “thing.”

• Fixin2 says:

Haven’t been to the store in a week but last night local news reported on new stay at home order for the main city near us. At the close the newscaster mentioned a phone number to call to report large gatherings!! I am terribly upset over this!! And that’s here in West Texas. Reminds me so much of 9/11…I have never agreed with the Patriot Act because of all the freedoms we gave up just so we could be ‘safe’. And now we are doing it again 😞

• treehouseron says:

I’m in South Carolina and there’s none of that going on here yet. Basically everything’s still open, with the exception of the restauraunts don’t want people to come inside. Grocery stores, retail, gas stations, etc. all still operating as normal.

• nationalboardertified2001 says:

Mt Pleasant, SC here…mayor just ordered stay at home beginning Thursday. Most retail stores have closed, governor closed all beach access, boat ramps, and public parks. Lots of people are not happy. Our church has been closed since March 15th. I believe the abortion clinics are still open for business. The solicitor has addressed letting nonviolent criminals out of jail because … the virus; however, if one disobeys stay at home orders, he or she will be fined and possibly jailed. Go figure!

• 7delta says:

Upstate SC. Restaurants closed, with take out. Businesses are open that want to be, with individually determined precautions, such as home or curb side delivery, etc Interestingly, we have a Dem mayor. Really nice guy, a small business owner and well respected. He’s also surrounded by not Dems who make up a large portion of his customer base, but I don’t think he has any aspirations to be a Dear Leader anyway. He just thinks liberals are really about civil rights. Bless his heart. He means well.

Our sheriff, a huge 2nd Amendment, rule-of-law guy, would spit nails, if the mayor or solicitor or somebody decided we needed to protect the “health” of criminals by turning them loose on the public. Don’t know about the city police chief, but his officers probably wouldn’t react well, nor would the locals, within city limits.

Releasing a bunch of people who have proven, many multiple times, that they don’t follow laws or rules so they can social distance? Hahahahaha

• Magabear says:

That kind of BS will have more than a few teenagers saying “F this!” and quitting their jobs. And just at a time when we can’t afford to have staff shortages at grocery stores.

• steph_gray says:

Here’s my ground report from today in blue MA (which is not a hot spot but kinda warm relative to surrounding states – and I am in the worst county of the state, because it includes Cambridge with the Communist Chinese epicenter at Harvard U, not to mention BioGen).

I needed milk and some fresh things so went midafternoon to our best local chain, Market Basket. (Again, this is a slightly smaller chain here in Northeast and a very good business.)

No cops, just the store managing itself. They have slightly narrower aisles than some stores so they had marked them all with signs and arrows as one-way. They had also marked 6-foot tape at the registers. Other than that there was no “police-state” presence but there was certainly unusual solemnity, staff looked a bit sober in general. I think this is because this particular store was just reported in the news yesterday as having a Wuhan case. I thanked every one I came within speaking distance of, and they sort of tried to smile…

Store was only about 1/3 to 1/2 full of customers – I think people are going back to buying pretty normally around here. Several wearing masks but not many. One older masked woman waved me back when I failed to notice I was over the tape at the register behind her, looking very sour. At my turn, an older gentleman came closer in back of me and I just smiled at him. I can guess to which political party each of them belonged 🙄.

The amazing part was the stock. They had practically everything! Even t.p. – except that it was a more expensive name brand as opposed to their excellent more economical store brand, and limit 1 package (which despite being “rationing” seems to me also pretty rational at this time). They even had some sales of things that I stocked up on because I will need them down the road.

And by the way, a visit over the weekend to another excellent local chain Hannaford was pretty similar, except not quite as hushed as my town which is closer to the epicenter. That store was also very well stocked (though no t.p.).

Funny that I never once had a Soviet Russia feeling. But I did have a Communist China one. It was the somberness and the masks and the total lack of human engagement that made it feel that way… Then again, Massachusetts people have always been some of the most personally reserved in the Northeast.

4. WeThePeople2016 says:

5. Liberty Forge says:

Obama pipes up — somehow connecting Climate Change to the Corona Virus:

“We’ve seen all too terribly the consequences of those who denied warnings of a pandemic. We can’t afford any more consequences of climate denial. All of us, especially young people, have to demand better of our government at every level and vote this fall.” https://t.co/K8Ucu7iVDK

— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) March 31, 2020

Really, no better proof that this is one gigantic hoax than that tweet.

“You vill obey.” — says Obobie One.

• Debra says:

So those two former presidents are not following social distance protocols by our current VSGPDJT . . .?

• thedoc00 says:

Beginning of the “revenge” of the ex-presidents. Remember CNN set this up 2 weeks ago when they asked and then complained about president Trump no calling in the 3-Amigos (apologies to Steve Martin) and the Peanut; Obama-Bush-Clinton and Pea Nut Carter to help run the recovery effort.

• MitchRyderDetroitWheels says:

O ne
      B ig
      A zz
      M istake
      A merica

His father was a drunk and his mother a road hore that found happiness with her ankles in the air. Both dumped him and we get the bisexual affirmative action community organizer as president. If we needed a black president then Morgan Freeman was way more qualified to be president for at least he had played the part.

• joeknuckles says:

Now I’m confused. Is this like climate change or is it real?

It can’t be both.

• rah says:

Yea, the Obamas were so worried about climate change and the resulting sea levels they just bought a $15,000,000 ocean front mansion. Only cretins put stock in that kind of talk from that guy.

• annieoakley says:

I have a lot of cretins in my family then because they all believe in Global Warming and Obama.

• bertdilbert says:

Here is how to freak out a climate changer. Fill a 16 oz. cheap plastic water bottle with half water and half CO2. To do this fill the plastic water bottle with water and put it upside down in a large pot of water. Take off the cap and fill the bottle half full of CO2. Make sure you purge all the air out of the tube first so only pure CO2 gets in.

With the top of the bottle still immersed in water, screw the top back on the bottle. Now hand the bottle to your climate changer friend and ask them to shake the bottle vigorously.

Nearly all the CO2 will be absorbed into the water and the bottle will crush. Then ask them what happened to all the CO2 they are so worried about.

Just make sure you use a real cheap water bottle that crushes easily for maximum effect. Also practice this a few times to get it right. You can make a cheap CO2 generator with vinegar and baking soda. You want the CO2 generator to purge all the air out of the bottle and fill tube.

Have fun!

• Lulu says:

I hope he gets hemmorhoids.

6. gingergal says:

I hope Trump makes it clear during these daily briefings that it’s the governors shutting things down, not him. As far as I know, the federal guidelines are pretty lax, just the social distancing and recommendation to stay home, NOT shutting down nonessential businesses.

• Catherine Thompson says:

Gingergal – but our President is agreeing with the Governors! He said it again at Sunday’s press briefing in the Rose Garden. A reporter asked about Virginia’s Governor’s order to shelter in place until June 10 – President Trump said they were letting Governors do what they felt necessary with guidance from them, however he was fine with people staying home. I fell off the couch when he said that! I’m livid with him right now. Been on the Trump Train since he came down that escalator but he is drinking the Fauci Brix koolaid unfortunately

• dwpender says:

Unfortunately, Catherine, there is a good deal of merit in what you say. DJT is for the present allowing “expert” bureaucrats to dictate his actions as POTUS.

• Garavaglia says:

His lack of push back indicates he condones their actions. He has said these shutdowns were only done after conversation with him..so there’s that. It’s gonna be difficult to place this all on a few governors. If he has a problem with what their doing, he needs to speak up now.

• throatwobblermangrove says:

Under our system of federalism, how do you propose that he would approach this?

• dwpender says:

He can cut off federal emergency funding IMMEDIATELY for any State that issues what he considers draconian and unconstitutional orders (e.g., closing churches). He could effect the same thing in many cases by simply saying the federal government deems the following businesses, services and entities “essential” ones, which States getting federal emergency funding may not interfere with.

Not one Governor issued a regal decree telling its subjects they were to stay at home and shut their businesses unless the Sovereign in its discretion said they were “essential,” until AFTER DJT declared an Emergency and opened the spigot of unlimited federal funding to back any such orders.

• Dutchman says:

I believe I read he, or the,Federal government just DID that, with regard to gun stores, shooting ranges and gun and ammunition manufactureres; designated them essential industries, exempt from being shut down.

Sorry, can’t supply a link.

• James F says:

The President has enough on his plate without adding micromanaging 50 states and their governors, for crying out loud.

• bertdilbert says:

When your enemy is doing something stupid, don’t get in the way. This can be his election winner! Trump can say “I am the only thing that stands between you and them”.

• 4sure says:

The never trump Republican uniparty Gov. of Maryland called Trump a liar on NPR this a.m.

NPR interviewer very biased against Trump, and we taxpayers are paying for this chit.

His calling POTUS Trump a liar is at end of segment. I am certain that CNN or the
      female witch will ask Trump about this at the press briefing today.

• whatfreshnell says:

Hogan is just Gawd-awful, but the greater evil was Ben Jealous. So, people voted for the lesser of the two evils, which is still (you guessed it) evil.

7. Both Chinese Virus and Climate Change are being exploited to promote the Left’s agenda. The difference is, Chinese Virus actually exists

• TarsTarkas says:

Climate Change exists. Anthropogenic Climate Change? Jury still out. And also whether it is a positive or negative thing. And even if that it is significant there’s the pesky problem of whether it is a good thing or a bad thing. And even if it is a bad thing it’s merely a vehicle for promoting crashing the economy and population reduction for the sake of Mother Earth. With the ‘reducers-in-charge’ of course exempted, cuz they’re the good guys.

• owtolunch says:

Guess what….. finally the UN IPCC has agreed to include the energy gained and lost as a result of cosmic rays, solar wind, and solar flares…. Wow… maybe they can start to understand that our SUN/Universe is variable… the energy output is not limited by our vision… but includes a broad spectrum of energies. The models can be changed to actually include the energy sources in our universe… not just those that are convenient to the political story. How about Plasma Climate Forcing….It will be included in the next UN IPCC Climate Report…

• sunnyflower5 says:

Obama blamed the uptick of terrorism on “climate change”. President Trump was magically able to reduce terrorism without some much as moving the Sun.

separately, they’re back eating bats at the Wet Markets after the the virus was released or it did indeed came from the market.
      Sooner or later we’ll find out which.

• wildsailor2018 says:

Actually, I just watched a ‘History of the Great Lakes’ documentary and there used to be a mile high glacier where Detroit is right now. As far as I can tell, we have had ‘climate change’ for 10, 25, 100 thousand years if not millions. I suppose burning oil for fuel is releasing ancient toxic dinosaur farts or something and causing a continuance of the changes that have been taking place as documented in the fossil records or something.

• rah says:

Cold times are dry times because so much of the earths water is locked up in ice. During the last glaciation, commonly referred to as the great ice age, sea levels ran nearly 400′ lower than they are at the present. There were actually settlements in portions of areas that are now at the bottom of what we call the English Channel. The areas of the US that were not under ice were dryer with atmospheric moisture increasing as one got closer to the equator. The places that are now forest and not under ice were savannas, the places that are grass lands that were not under ice were semi-arid desert, etc.

• There has not been a correct, or even fully competent, scientific study, conversation, or theory about the geological past of Earth, since Darwin’s evolution theory was forced upon the world by the predecessors of today’s Insane Left Democrats. It was THE revolution of the 19th century, and the physical sciences have all gone further and further wrong ever since; I write this as a physicist myself (albeit one unconnected to any institution, and thus powerless to get anyone in science to listen and learn just “what went wrong”).

But I digress…I am posting this comment to inform you that the theory of evolution, and the assumption of uniformitarianism in the development of the Earth into the complex form we observe today, did have competent critics, before the Darwinian “iron curtain” came down over the world. I recommend you go to sacred-texts.com, and find and download the 1883 book, “Ragnarok: Age of Fire and Gravel”, by Ignatius Donnelly, the most famous such book then, critical of the “ice ages” theory, which is now wrongly (and incompetently) touted as fact.

I have myself proved the falsity of all of today’s theories, in the earth and life sciences. You should read my “Challenge to Earth Scientists” posts, back in 2009, on my blog, theendofthemystery.blogspot.com, especially the first and third in that series.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

We are coming out of the Little Ice Age, which was ending circa 1850.
        Until we peak and remain at some point, or turn and go back to the next mini-ice age, we can expect the trend to be: climbing average planet temps from 1850 through the present, and increasing CO2, following temps and biological activity.

We are also supposedly coming out of a major Ice Age, which was supposedly wrapping up 11,000 years ago. Same story, except the Major Ice Age was more deeply cold than the Little Ice Age. Same story: temps were very low then, and CO2 was low, and as we come out of that Ice Age, temps are gradually warming.

We do have actual decent human being observed temps from 1850 For sure. Those records have errors, real or imagined, and are limited: we now have temps across time for a lot more of the planet than we have going back to 1850, for sure. But, overall, the rising temp trend 1850 – now is pretty darn obvious. It is not something new, happening with the advent of the SUV. There is no noticeable deviation from the general trend, unless you do some trickery with your data.

We do not have decent human-eyewitnessed measures of temp going back to 10,000 years ago. Humans did not really start recording things until – what? at the most circa 7,000 years ago. And, we did not have thermometers until – good measurement – maybe the recent 400 years.

So, we have to use “proxy” indicators of what the temps may have been. But if the earth is 10,000+ years old, it was almost certainly very cold, relative to now, and we have been in a warming trend from then until now. With no notable deviation from this trend, as best as can be guesstimated.

So, Greens can expect gradual rise in temps, on average, across time, and unless we turn and head for another ice age, they can predict higher temps, plus then cry that it is our SUVs.

In the “global warming” analyses, what they do is: develop models of what predicts the wiggles in these long-term trends. This math is similar or the same to modeling done to predict general economic activity from a range of trends, and thus know when to buy or sell.

If they include most of the relevant factors, they can model an algorithm and see how well it recreates the dips and rises going backward. This is “training” the model. If it does fairly well, then they guess that they have included most of the relevant variables, and given them proper weightings and proper linked dependencies.

For declaring that there is man-made global warming, they develop a model, and include the additional CO2 that is known to have come from industrialization. This is a new, unique contributor to the predictor measures on the one side of the equals sign. They then attempt to model 2 things:
        First, with new-CO2 included, albeit at zero levels, re-create past temp trends, then
        Second: show that new-CO2 contributes a statistically significant degree of variation in current, recent temp zig-and-zag, above the noted, established measures.

Now, this is almost impossible, mathematically, or statistically, speaking.

The fossil-fuel-added CO2 is so miniscule, and all measures so shaky, that this is laughable. Nonetheless. Plenty of fame and money for declaring you have done this.

Now, once you have your model ,with the key measures, and key dependencies or feedbacks, and the various thresholds in these feedbacks, just right, then you can model a prediction for the future.

This is where the Doomsday Scenarios come from.

They have been mathematically modeling the Future for decades, now. As time goes by, we can see how wrong the models have been.

No worries – they just declare that, with more brainpower devoted, etc., they have “adjusted,” or “fixed,” or “improved” the models. Now, their predictions from 20 years ago have all failed, but rest assured the current ones are totally accurate. Until not, at which time they reassert that things are now new and improved.

The other line is this: “we have modeled the atmosphere temp, and we are no now in catastrophe, but we very soon will be – yes, a Tipping Point will soon be reached.”

If it fails to come tomorrow, they just declare they were a bit off in modeling, and it will surely be next week.

• rah says:

Technically in Geologic terms, coming out of an Ice age means virtually ice free poles. We are most likely in an “interglacial” period, meaning we will see another period of glaciation and the poles will not become ice free before that happens. A fair number of the people that study that kind of stuff have stated that this interglacial period we are in is due to start winding down but of course they are referring to geological time scales.

8. Reserved55 says:

Medical jargonon, Hydroxy chloroquine study, so.

His conclusion

PD Yin
    @YinPD
    Bugs, drugs and hugs: infectious disease (MD/PhD, NIAID ID-trained), drug development (15 years), healthspan (the future: lifestyle med). Thoughts r my own

9. yadent says:

Some questions from a ‘maps and data numbers’ guy who helped develop the concept with Oracle. Most won’t understand the data or maps shown, not enough time. I know just enough to understand what those maps/data are indicating. Concentrate on the questions printed. REALLY concentrate on the answers the maps/data show.

• Yadent says:

For those who don’t have the time or inclination to view the above, CDC’s and NIH’s data is showing around 80,000 deaths from influenza so far this flu season. IN THE US. Possibly the worst influenza mortality total in over 100 years. Lots of other ‘questions’ and information given.

• Doppler says:

A very interesting video from iamjohncullen, who claims to have been an early employee at Oracle who helped merge data with maps to create the data mapping tools we see everywhere today, including on the JohnsHopkins site tracking the Coronavirus, and who has downloaded the CDC’s data bases for Covid19 and other diseases. He sees evidence of suspicious activity. He asks a series of questions, Q like, of Dr. Fauci, about other maps coming from the same databases, principally,

How is it possible that, outside Hubei province, the rest of China has had way fewer deaths than any of a long list of countries with populations totaling a fraction of China’s unaffected population.

The seasonal flu this year killed 80,000 Americans, the largest death total ever, including >4000 per week in January, and there was no news from the CDC about it? Why not?

There are a series of other maps that are shown a couple of times, asking Dr. Fauci why we’re not hearing about them, yet their meaning is obscure. The effect is Q like, both in highlighting unlikely coincidences that are NOT looked at by MSM, except to brand questions about them “conspiracy theories, and in sharing (maps or pictures) not entirely explained, as if baiting Deep State Resisters that their supposedly hidden actions have been watched and recorded.

The effect is unnerving, yet fascinating, begging the much-frayed question, when will anyone from the Deep State ever be held accountable?

It all gives extra meaning to Sundance’s recent capture of Fauci reacting to President Trump’s comment about Pompeo needing to leave to go the “Deep State Department.”
      Fauci first rolled his eyes at the joke, then lowered them and rubbed his forehead with a look that said “deep anxiety” to me.

I’d recommend this for anyone who ever found any of Q’s posts worthwhile.

• Yadent says:

The one thing that is interesting and possibly telling is that 80,000 number. If that number of individuals have died from influenza, then that means statistically 10’s of millions of individuals have been infected with a particularly virulent strain of it this season. Has this year’s influenza inflated the effects of COVID-19’s results? In other words, how many of COVID-19 deaths were the result of this years bad influenza combined with CV, a double whammy? I haven’t seen any data on those who have died from COVID-19 who may have also been infected with this season’s influenza.

• gda53 says:

CDC estimates that so far this season (w/e March 21) there have been at least 39 million flu illnesses, 400,000 hospitalizations and 24,000 deaths from flu.

Kindly stop spreading false information.

Where do you get your 80,000 deaths?

• yadent says:

The statistic they count is influenza+related pneumonia = 80,000+ now……..been averaging 3-4,000 per week since Nov 2019. Data from CDC. I communicated with the video’s author.

• derk says:

Other stats from video:
      *122 dead in all of China excluding Hubei/Wuhan.
      *More dead in Loiusianna than India, Mexico, Russia, Bangladesh and Thailand-COMBINED
      *More dead in NYC than India, Mexico, Russia, Bangladesh, Thailand, Pakistan, Indonesia, Brazil, Nigeria, Vietnam and Cambodia- COMBINED
      *9 most populated countries in the world combined, (China less the Hubei/Wuhan), have less reported deaths and confirmed cases than the USA. They apparently know something we do not.
      *Shanghai, Bejing, Hong Kong with 50 million people has 17 deaths >1,500 cases.

Stats were from the CDC site which were downloaded per video.

• Yadent says:

Now I am interested in the worldwide numbers regarding this season’s influenza. Which countries have had an unusual high level of influenza infections and how virulent are the strains? Compare that to COVID-19 mortality rates within each of those countries. Is there a correlation?

• derk says:

Something is off.
          19 million in New York state but has more “reported” Covid-19 deaths/cases than aprrx. 4 BILLION in the other countries combined? (Excluding Wuhan of course).
          Maybe they just don’t know that they have the Covid?
          Bless their hearts.

• bertdilbert says:

All other things equal, the US has a higher obesity problem. When we deliver a patient to the hospital with COVID, the patient is likely to have more pre existing health issues per capita.

Better patient quality delivers better outcomes.

• steph_gray says:

My inner suspicious cat is ever more wary that death numbers are being cooked in some cases (in other words, deaths from other causes are being attributed to the China Virus for political purposes).

It’s the difference between a death with the China Virus and a death from the China Virus.

10. sync says:

I agree that Illinois is the most corrupt state — for many years, it has become the new Louisiana.

I wonder what they are thinking after hearing about another 2 trillion for “infrastructure”?

11. WeThePeople2016 says:

• Rynn69 says:

Thank you, We The People. Good post. Exactly right.

• frogman says:

Reported cases number is not a good number. It depends on number tested.

The numbers to track are hospitalizations. Why we want to flatten the curve is to level out the hospitalizations. After that is done I hope the open all up.

• MAGADJT says:

And we need to see this graph displayed on a per capital basis. Raw case #’s compared with two smaller countries, plus a larger country that lies about their stats isn’t any kind of useful data. This graph’s purpose is to scaremonger; nothing more.

• AloftWalt says:

Dear Frankie is a never trumpet. More testing = more cases. What’s missing here is total tested for infection percentage.

• Tl Howard says:

I would imagine Frank Luntz, a pollster, has quite a bit education in stats.

• disgustedwithjulison says:

Not to mention the China/Who test kits are more witchcraft than science. Highly unreliable and many European companies are sending them back to China because they are worthless.

12. DeWalt says:

Billions spent on preparedness since 9/11 and where did all that money go? When our largest cities can’t even handle this? Hmmm

• Debra says:

This is a test of your medical emergency preparedness system. This is only a test. In the event of a real emergency, hang onto your a$$ and cover your head, because, as this test has revealed, your state government really has no clue as to how to handle a medical emergency.

This is only a test.

• Dutchman says:

In the event of imminent nuclear attack;
        Sit down, preferably in a corner of a room.
        Remove any sharp objects from your pockets.
        Put your head between your legs.
        When you see the bright flash,…
        Kiss your ass GOOD-BYE!

• thedoc00 says:

Aside from the initial funds allocated to help suffering 9/11 1st Responders, that is a great question to ask Congress and NY/NYC officials.

13. Deplorable Ukie says:

Mike Robinson says:
    March 25, 2020 at 8:50 am
    ‘These journalists writing both from our country and from around the world have a much clearer vision of what’s really going on than our complicit media does. Thanks to the Russian Government(!) for partly funding a web-site which still gives well-edited journalism a voice.’

Who knew? Just in time when Americans with the help of President Trump learned that NYT, Wapo, CNN are the fake news…

Russian/Chinese version of Fake News RT.com arrives!

Now we will get Chinese propaganda in a well-edited Russian version because Chinese propaganda in a well-edited American version is too complicit.

WHO Director-General praises China’s response to Chinese virus.

UN chief praises China’s efforts in global fight against Chinese virus.

Together China and Russia blame the US military for starting the Chinese virus.

Here, at CTH, Mike Robinson thanks Kremlin for feeding us the Chinese propaganda in its more polished form.

Thanks, everyone, for the concerted effort!
    ———————————————————-
    Mike Robinson says:
    March 30, 2020 at 12:05 pm

‘The [recent op-ed on rt.com] starts with an amazing mural of a (mad) scientist but neglects to mention where the mural is located.’

The amazing mural triptych of a (mad) scientist is located below.

————————————————————-
    Who knew that RT.com now worries how rampant fraud on Wall Street destroys capitalism.

• Mike Robinson says:

You can be afraid of “Everything Russian™” if you want to be. If they’re your bogey-man, and Vladimir Putin is the Devil Incarnate, then that’s your oyster not mine. I look for good, high-quality web sites which still respect the now-lost art of journalism, and I consistently find it here. I choose to share links to stories that I think would be of great interest here.

Your Mileage May Vary.™

A lot has actually happened in this world since the Soviet Union was abandoned. The only place where Communism still holds significant sway is in China, and I don’t give that social experiment another ten years – it is already crumbling there. But “Russophobia” still remains curiously strong in the United States. “Who hacked our elections from ten thousand miles away?” There could be only one answer, and nobody dared question it. It hasn’t really changed one bit, in the American mind, since “duck and cover” in the 50’s. But the world has moved on.

I look for what I consider to be good journalism and relevant-to-here stories and I share them with another group of folks that I think might also like to read and consider them.

• snarkybeach says:

it wasn’t Russia that hacked our election, it was the Democrats believing their own rigged polls that caused her Highness to lose.

• Mike Robinson says:

… but no one ever suggested that anyone from “[insert any one of 194 country-names here]” did it. No, only one. Always that one. Old habits die hard.

• III% says:

I have been wondering what their fascination with you is, any idea? I’ve seen over the last few days they have been quoting you.

• Dutchman says:

Mike Robinson;
        I tend to weigh in on your side of this tiff. I am more irritated at those who include links to GP i.e. Gateway Pundit, as I have found them to be consistently misrepresenting.

Bryond that, I don’t have a problem with people linking to different articles, such as from RT, so long as the poster follows the guidelines, and gives a brief synopsis of,WHAT the link is to.

And, regret that the whole muh, Russia scam made it nearly impossible for PDJT to work more closely with Russia, to fight this WW4 with China and Globalism.

Say what you want about Putin, he is NOT a Globalist, he is a Nationalist.
        Remember, BRICS was set up by CHI-NA, as a counter to US.
        Brazil, RUSSIA, India, China and South Africa.

The last has become largely irrelevant, PDJT has Brazil and India squarely in his camp.

Would have been really useful, and not that hard, to swing Russia into “our” camp.

Do I trust Putin? Hell no. But then I don’t trust Macron, Merkel or Trudeu, either.

Doesn’t mean we can’t work with Putin.

The Globalist got a two-fer, with muh Russia, for sure!

• Mike Robinson says:

It frankly does not concern me what government, if any, pays part of a web-site’s bills. I simply look at what the journalistic staff of that site presents to the public. I find for myself that this site presents high-quality journalism and insightful opinions with what appears to me to be a very level hand – and I applaud them for it. “Journalism is not dead on planet earth,” and that’s what matters to me.

• Dutchman says:

Again, no argument, and you are not the only one I have heard say this about RT, although I have heard the qualifier, something to the effect that it is good, objective reporting, so long as the,subject isn’t Russia or Putin.

Doesn’t really take much at this point to be more objective than MSM, lets face it.

Obviously ANY source needs to be scrutinised with “Trust but verify”, I am far more troubled by the fake media further exposing themselves,as the CORRUPT media, spinning for CCP and China, than with any alleged bias on RT.

14. Inthedark says:

I work for an Architect and we have several important projects that have significant deadlines and construction is considered an essential business. However, as soon as the details were released regarding the Govt. bail out, two of our projects are completely shut down until further notice, and several of the small places still serving food via take out, have now closed. One of the contractor’s basically said he will suck up the money until he has to go back, even though his project bid includes salaries. Socialism at it’s finest.

• Magabear says:

Here on PA., it appears that Mexican’s doing landscaping is considered essential work because they were out in numbers today.

Maybe they’re rebelling against the government, in which case I salute them.

• thedoc00 says:

Actually, their efforts are important if you don’t want rodents and mosquitoes to flourish.

• treehouseron says:

I know some illegals, basically yes they are rebelling against the government and will work as much as possible, and second most of them aren’t getting a bail out check since although they have social security numbers that are fake, they don’t file taxes. At least that’s what they told me.

Basically they work, send money back to their families, and don’t have any money left over every couple days. So they like day labor and are going to be hurting once they’re forced to stay home. A lot of them will probably end up at charities and food banks and things if they can’t scratch together construction work.

• alligatriot says:

“Maybe they’re rebelling against the government, in which case I salute them.”

I know I’m an insensitive xenophobe, but I would salute them if they went home and rebelled against their actual government.

15. scrap1ron says:

Just received an email from my NYS Correction’s Union on how Guv Andy “The Oracle” Cuomo is dragging his feet to protect my brother & sister officers in the State facilities. They won’t even approve of allowing staff to provide their own protections. So, I wonder how the NYPD, NYFD, NYS Troopers, and Sheriffs are being treated? Hopefully better than this. Glad I retired when I did.

NYSCOPBA President Tests Positive forCOVID-19; Union Pleads for State to Keep Members Safe Union calls for the use of Personal Protection Equipment for all members of Immediate ReleaseMarch30, 2020Albany, NY–The New York State Correctional Officers & Police Benevolent Association (NYSCOPBA) today announced that Union President Michael B. Powers tested positive forCOVID-19.Powers, who is regularly in contact with correction officers from every corner of the state, has been self-quarantining at his home for the last several days.The news reaffirms the Union’s position that the State, including the New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision (DOCCS) and the New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH), must take immediate action to further prevent the spread oftheCOVID-19virus in our state correctional and mental health facilities.NYSCOPBA is imploring the State to allow all employees working in correctional facilities, mental health facilities, parole offices and other agencies deemed essential, the latitude to use the necessary personal protective equipment (PPEs) to assist in preventing the spread; specifically N95 masks, gloves and disposable smocks. Currently in DOCCS, only those employees who work in isolated or quarantined units are provided PPEs.Continuing to prevent the staff from protecting themselves will not only jeopardize the staff, inmates and inmate-patients, but also raises the likelihood of the virus being spread outside of the work sites.NYSCOPBA is committed to working with the State to promote safe and healthy working conditions. If financial constraints are preventing the State from providing the life-saving equipment needed to protect its workforce, then NYSCOPBA is prepared to meet the needs of our members and provide the essential equipment. NYSCOPBA has already made repeated requests to limit exposures. In letters dated March 9th and March 14thand sent to multiple state agencies, NYSCOPBA outlined their demands calling for several preventative measures to quell the spread of the virus. Initially, those demands were not met with the urgency that this situation requires. More recently though, the DOCCS has been providing direction and addressing several of the issues raised by the Union; but there is certainly more that needs to be done. Conversely, OMH has not consistently communicated with the Union or taken the necessary precautions to protect the staff and patients in the mental health facilities. This is unacceptable and must be addressed.NYSCOPBA President Michael B. Powers stated that, “The dedicated members of NYSCOPBA are mandated to work on the front lines during the COVID-19 crisis. I am calling on the Governor to make employee safety a priority and direct his state agencies to allow ALL staff members the ability to use basic personal protection equipment. If the State cannot pay for it, then allow NYSCOPBA to help. Each day that our members are prohibited from wearing protective equipment,they are exposed to being infected and spreading the virus inside and outside of the facilities. We recognize and appreciate that some of our concerns have been addressed. However, further delays to our reasonable requests to protect staff must not continue. The members of NYSCOPBA must be afforded the ability to protect themselves. The use of PPEs to limit our members from exposure and infection makes sense. Too much time has already passed. Every day we are discovering more positive tests for COVID-19. The State must act now before it is too late, and we’re faced with a bigger crisis inside the state’s prison and mental health systems.”Last week the New York City Department of Corrections, working with the NYC COBA, announced that staff would have permission to use their own N95 respirator or surgical masks and promised to distribute more masks to staff as the virus spreads. In an unprecedented move, the city corrections department also announced that the Eric. M. Taylor Center at Rikers Island, which was closed earlier this year, would reopen to help increase social distancing. The State has failed to enact these reasonable measures for the protection of the members of NYSCOPBA.Powers continued, “To date, there are approximately 56 state correction officers and sergeants that have tested positive for COVID-19, including me. One of the officers is hospitalized and requires the use of a ventilator. Additionally, hundreds of DOCCS employees are under self-quarantine or directed by their personal physicians to remain under quarantine. In OMH/OPWDD, approximately 35 employees are under orders to quarantine. Six OMH/OPWDD employees have tested positive for the virus. Of those six positive tests, two are hospitalized with one remaining in critical condition. We can be assured that the total of positive cases will increase. The numbers underscore the fact that our state facilities are on the cusp of a wide outbreak. This concern must be taken seriously, and certain measures must be put in place immediately to protect staff.”In addition to the requests for PPEs, NYSCOPBA is also seeking immediate action to provide protections for members considered vulnerable or high-risk; accommodations for members who work in isolation units; increased testing for staff, inmates and patients; strict adherence to DOH and CDC guidelines; and more stringent transportation and movement policies. NYSCOPBA is extremely concerned by OMH’s failure to discontinue patient admissions and patient movement from high-risk/high-infection areas to upstate OMH Facilities. Continuing with these ill-advised practices will undoubtedly increase exposures in those communities.

• QuiAudetVincit says:

Paragraphs and paraphrases are our friends.

• scrap1ron says:

Yes I apologize, but the link to the pdf file is password protected and not being able to edit after posting makes it difficult to know how it reads until after the fact. Add in my own lack of skill at converting this to a forum, and it’s an ugly mess. Sorry.

• QuiAudetVincit says:

One thing that I’ve found helpful when posting something is to paste it in Word and try to fiddle with the formatting. It isn’t perfect; for example, often WordPress treats “new paragraphs” differently than Word does. YMMV. It was still good information.

16. Reserved55 says:

‘Pandemic’ scientist says his team has discovered potential cure for COVID-19
    Dr. Jacob Glanville’s team took antibodies used to neutralize SARS and used technology in their lab to adapt them to recognize COVID-19.

• Akindole says:

One might think the polyclones from (whatever animal was immunized with the CoronaSARS antigen) spleen cells could be run on an affinity column to isolate specific COVID-19 antibodies. AKA: “affinity purified polyclonals”

Naw…it would probably never work…outside the NIH “box”.

17. Rynn69 says:

STOP THE INSANITY!

Trump Administration needs to get a grip on this to stop the tyrannical actions occurring across this country under the guise of compassionate response to coronavirus. When those two physicians, who are Swamp Dwellers (hello…agenda anyone) BTW, came into the administration and said “we need to shut down the economy” the response should have been “we cannot shut down the economy of the United States. So what things can we do – control of flights in and out, borders, infection control guidelines, treatments, containment in counties with high numbers, etc. to control the spread.” That is what should have happened. Give the American people credit. Realize the media is hated and not credible. They have no power to formulate opinion try as they might.

Now, we have allowed tyrannical Governors free reign to do outrageous things like ordering people to stay at home, closing down schools for an entire year, etc. It is outrageous and antithetical to our country’s founding. So, are we going to do this for any epidemic? Is our response going to be totally out of proportion to the actual issue at hand? Yes, there should be a serious response. But not this. There should be an informed response. But not this. This is giving way to tyrannical power grabs and chaos. FOCUS THE RESPONSE. Do not apply the response to the entire country in a cookie-cutter approach that is worse than the issue at hand. The President’s instincts were right in the beginning.

I am not criticizing our wonderful President and I know he is surrounded by EVIL plotters willing to do anything necessary to bring down this President and America. Not at all. These EVIL plotters have been doing this since before the election. Who on Earth would formulate a movement called “The Resistance” in a free Republic, the United States? Who? A group who does not give a ____ about the people, only about their power. IMHO, perhaps the following actions might be prudent:

1. Re-open the economy. Keep areas that have high incidence contained. Continue all infection control guidelines in the United States – not by order of a Governor but by guidelines produced by CDC. Just like any other virus, bacterial infection, or other disease has been addressed in this country for years.

2. Realize the media is a propagandist leftist POS institution that has no problem peddling elevated narratives skewed to their agenda. This includes polling, Mr. President. Did it ever occur to anyone that the increase in job approval for the President is a skewed number in order to keep the President on this path of having an economy shutdown? Think about it.

3. Residents in states where Governors are doing things like trying to shutdown gun stores, ordering people to stay at home by using the police or fines as a cudgel, denying treatment to COVID-19 patients, shutting down entire schools must start a RECALL PETITION in those states. Recall the Governor. No Governor has the right to act as a dictator. These actions are unnecessary and are related to power grabs – not the health of the people.

4. Trump Administration should expand the Coronavirus Task Force to include non-government physicians to counteract the political animal nature of Fauci and Birx and can also provide the proper narratives at the pressers. By this I mean proper narrative to calm fears, not stoke fears. Listing equipment being provided is good, but you should also be talking about numbers specifically. Of deaths, how many are directly attributed to COVID-19? How does this compare to H1N1 and SARs. These physicians are doing no benchmark analysis by historical comparison. Why are we using a model that predicts 2 million potential deaths when social distancing drops that to 20,000? Why was that even mentioned? To cause fear, that’s why. Political animals. Bringing in outside physicians without agenda and political bias will give our President another perspective for consulting with rather than the Mattis and McMaster of medicine.

5. Demand the ability to send CDC and U.S. officials as well as other countries’ healthcare officials – in a coalition – to investigate how the vector was triggered in Wuhan province, China so that measures can be put in place on a global scale to promote success of containment in the future. Failure to comply should place severe penalty on China.

6. Secure the southern border with a wall.

7. Efforts to develop proper treatment and a vaccine, hopefully, were part of the CARES.

• Bigly says:

No president would ever do what you’re suggesting.

If ever there was a president to resist submitting down the economy it is Trump

Yet he did.
      Why?

It’s not like you are thinking about this MoRE than he is – so what’s driving him? And don’t say swamp creatures – trump has been making his rounds around swamp creatures for years.

This is different – what is it? Hint: Boris Johnson.

So this IS happening.

Ammo up!

• Bigly says:

Shutting down, not submitting down.

Adapt or die…this is the point

• Rynn69 says:

Bigly: With all due respect, the moment fear controls is the moment tyranny starts. Think about. Now it will be very easy to shutdown the entire economy for anything – making the probability of that “anything” happening more often. Sets up a precedent. Ever hear of something called a “government shutdown” and “CR”. Precedent.

• Mike Robinson says:

We’ve done radical things because it felt good to do radical things … because someone said we should “flatten the curve” and that this would somehow do it. Very little if any of this has anything to do with stopping the spread of a contagion and there’s actually little or no evidence that it will have any effect at all.

It is clear that many rats throughout government are seizing this opportunity, “when the country has been told to be afraid,” to see just how many liberties the American people are now willing to give up. It is an astonishing amount. And furthermore, many nations around the world are doing the selfsame things.

“Hell, yeah! Maybe Belarus does have it right!” It’s time for the people of this world to push back – and hard.

• Rynn69 says:

Mike Robinson – “Very little if any of this has anything to do with stopping the spread of a contagion and there’s actually little or no evidence that it will have any effect at all.”

Exactly.

• Magabear says:

Who would’ve thought we’d have to look towards Belarus for lessons in liberty? 😕

• So you think flattening the curve doesn’t help? Though it can’t stop the virus from spreading it DOES slow the RATE of contagion, which is vitally important. This grants time for the medical care system to adapt, move resources, re-stock and more effectively handle the increase in incoming cases.

We’ve been practicing the social distancing behaviors voluntarily in WA for a few weeks longer than back east. By postponing all same-day and elective surgeries, we added 30% to our hospital bed capacity. Those extra beds are now full. However, our rate of admissions has also plateaued for a week. If this slowing trend continues, then we are past the current wave of contagion, with the staff and supplies we needed to weather it still in operation and not overwhelmed. All directly courtesy of flattening the curve.

• Rynn69 says:

Nobody is saying do not invoke CDC guidelines and contain in problem areas. Of course it is reasonably prudent to do that. IT IS NOT reasonably prudent to apply to the entire country when most of it is not affected with active cases and contain any with the guidelines and containment in hotbed areas.

Did we lock down the United States when AIDS started to emerge? Did we lock down with H1N1? SARs? Ebola? No. We did not.

• If there’s an inadequate ability to track the path of the pathogen, because test kits are too slow and not available for all, you can’t predict where the next hot zone will emerge.

I don’t consider temporary adaptations to be equal to a lockdown. If you can go out and walk your dog, shop for groceries, gas or medicine, and call in a plumber or electrician as needed, you are not locked down. You are adapting to a temporarily increased threat to your own health.

What happened here in WA first is now developing in every other state. It’s up to each one as to what to do when, but every state will experience the same sort of contagion wave To varying degrees. Best do what is needed to slow the rate before that happens.

• Mike Robinson says:

I submit that you really can’t predict with certainty “where a virus might emerge,” and that it is quite impractical to expect enough “test kits” to allow a 100% canvas of everyone in the country to determine whether or not they now have the virus. (And, by the time you finished testing, some of those people will have since contracted the virus.)

I simply do not believe that the present very-radical strategy, well-intentioned though I shall presume it was, is sustainable, appropriate, or particularly effective. I think that the cure is far worse than the malady it is supposed to be fighting.

I do not sit in the Commanding Officer’s chair. I am not any one of the persons who daily advise him. The Buck Does Not Stop Here. But – I cordially but forcefully disagree with the Commanding Officer and with his staff.

• gda53 says:

No offence to you personally Rynn69.

But my question is: If they start letting people die in NY and elsewhere and the bodies are piling up and being bulldozed into pits, will it convince people then that this was necessary?

If that were to happen, what chance do you think PDJT stands in November? The Dems could even run a demented ex-VP and win in a landslide (oh, wait…).

Until we have enough information to be able to make informed decisions about what is and isn’t “reasonably prudent”, no one is willing to allow triage in our hospitals to happen. And it WILL happen, according to the foremost experts in the field (and countless others who understand the mechanics and mathematics of pandemics). It might even happen now in a few extreme cases.

Believe me, with the new testing coming on stream, we will know by Easter enough about how to control this virus to be able to make highly INFORMED decisions which we just CANNOT make now. Right now we know a whole lot more than we did even a week ago, hence the information provided at https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

If people cannot understand the projections, they should talk to someone who can explain it clearly.

By Easter, we will have increased our knowledge exponentially through widespread testing. Hopefully, that will allow phased return to work as we get much more focused data. Maybe it even happens in places BEFORE Apr 30.

This is not a joke, nor a fake crisis, nor a plot to take over the world. This is a PANDEMIC with a highly contagious virus that could potentially kill over 2M people if we do nothing, or if we relax our guard too soon.

Trust PDJT.

• To summarize the leader of Belarus, “Drink vodka and exercise (hit the saunas).”

So I should be completely immune from the WuFlu at this point!

• vikingmom says:

Rynn69

Please send this to the White House comment line! Every one of your suggestions is right on the mark, IMHO, especially related to the political animals who are currently guiding all policies! There are SOO many other highly respected minds in the medical and scientific community who have painstakingly refuted all of the doom and gloom numbers and their voices need to be heard NOW, before we are plunged into a complete economic shutdown, followed by a Totalitarian regime that would make Bernie Sanders proud!!

Here are just two of the researchers that the President needs to hear from ASAP!!

18. sDee says:

Wholesale fresh food distributor in Raleigh NC has geared up for curbside delivery of meal and fresh food packages.

19. sunnyflower5 says:

You know it!

• Sharon says:

X22 report had on his twitter a article on Fox News.com last week that our President put Jon Voight and Mike Huckabee on the Kennedy board and threw off SusanRice and Valerie Jarrett.

20. burnett044 says:

mixed messages…

21. Magabear says:

Not to discount the suffering going on by anyone who got the Wuhan virus, but we need to really refer to this as a NY metro health crisis. If the numbers in NYC metro were on par with the rest of the country, this would be a blip on the radar screen. And how many people in other states were infected by NYC residents?

This mess is on Cuomo, DeBlasio and the rest their cronies.

22. Despicable Me says:

Yet another intrusive threat from China! Apparently many US local councils and governments are exploring using or are already using the Chinese product Zoom for video conferencing of council meetings in lieu of in-person meetings. I’m sure the Zoom creator guy was not permitted to become a billionaire in China without paying due obeisance to the CCP and by extension the PLA. What a convenient way for the CCP to learn what is going on in US communities at the local and state levels from half a world away and also have a platform to target vulnerable officials or other individuals without ever leaving home. Imagine them listening in on the new telemedicine conferencing set up in the CAREs? People who use this software are potentially giving their secrets to the CCP. May G-d help our leaders wake up from the great Chinese threat slumber. I’m notifying my local, state and federal government officials because it is way past time to stop presuming there are any adults in government that are truly looking at security issues.

23. trapper says:

Let’s see. Stay at home. Don’t go out. Order food in. Do everything remotely on the internet. No social interaction except on the internet. All communications digital.

I’m getting in front of this thing. I’m not waiting to be DIRECTED to take a nap every afternoon.

• cheering4america says:

Just reading your post makes me feel like I’m gaining weight.

• Landslide says:

Joanna Gaines said she is going to have to stop baking because her sweat pants were starting to feel like skinny jeans!🤣😂 Totally relate…been cooking comfort foods.🥴

24. Reserved55 says:

• Rynn69 says:

^^^^^MORE OF THIS needs to be broadcast. How widespread is this REALLY?

How can anyone believe a media and party that perpetrated a coup? Think, people. Not saying this is not a epidemic or issue, but how overblown is it in order to justify an overreaction?

• vikingmom says:

But why isn’t the President getting info like this? We need to blast the White House comment line with these same questions! Don Jr. is usually a very reliable voice for blasting the media and making sure that his Dad gets the facts…I’m not on Twitter but maybe someone who is should send these videos to him, along with those from Candace Owens who is bringing up many of the same issues!

• FPCHmom says:

I think that potential covid cases are not going to the ER to keep it from spreading. In the early days of this in Los Angeles, they specifically said to call ahead if you suspect you have it, and to not just show up.

Also, ER rooms are empty because people are avoiding the hospital for everything except covid, and are being told to stay away. All appointments cancelled too.

Just because ER empty does not mean that there are no covid hospitalizations.

• Rynn69 says:

Only partially agree, FPCHmom. Yes, there are some that may or may not have flu-like symptoms and fail to go to the ER. I am certain that is the case. Remember, there still are common colds, flus, and other viral infections out there besides COVID-19. The three key symptoms specific to COVID are HIGH fever, cough and pleuritic pain, non-productive cough. This can help separate from other viral and bacterial infections somewhat.

However, ERs being empty or slow show there is no widespread crisis. A person in crisis who may have covid would have to go to the hospital. They could not stay away. This shows that the coronavirus is not the bubonic plague is my point.

• True. Anyone in my county who calls ahead for flu-like symptoms is being diverted to off-site test/triage centers. It leaves the ER available for vehicle accident and injury cases.

• Dutchman says:

Makes sense. Who are the patients,already IN the hospital?
          Premies, pre and post op necesary surgery patients, cardiac, dyalyses, etc.

In other words, the place is FULL of ‘vulnerable’or “high risk” patients.

So, the LAST place you want people who MIGHT have either CHI-NA or regular flu going.

Sounds smart to me,..

25. California Joe says:

California Mystery, Why So Few Cases????

Coronavirus Pandemic: California May Have Developed Greater Herd Immunity | National Review

26. islandpalmtrees says:

Finally, the truth emerges. This is yet another Hoax. Apparently, one in which they are willing to kill people over. Sure any flu will get worse, if not treated. Distribute the medication chloroquine.

O’Keefe Investigation: Army National Guardsman Says Coronavirus Media Coverage Overblown (VIDEO)
    By Cristina Laila March 31, 2020

If lock-downs continue, the cure will be far worse than the virus and the economy will be destroyed.

James O’Keefe spoke to an army national guardsman in Glen Island Park, New Rochelle, New York about the media’s coverage on the Coronavirus.

The soldier told Project Veritas that the media coverage on the Coronavirus pandemic is way overblown.

“Is it as bad as everyone, the media is saying — the whole pandemic?” O’Keefe asked the guardsman.

The guardsman responded, “Oh, no. It’s just, it’s the flu. It’s the flu. It’s the flu.”

27. Mike Robinson says:

I’d like to directly address why I from time to time will quote and refer to articles found on rt.com, a web site that is partly funded by the Russian government.

Simple answer: because I thought that the article in question was well-written and relevant to the community here. Period.

rt.com is in my opinion a still-standing bastion of actual journalism which has extended a welcoming hand to journalists who found themselves displaced from their mainstream media former employers. (The work is done in America by Americans.) Their direct news coverage sometimes shows an unwanted bias, but I think that their op-ed pieces, television shows and podcasts are very on-point. We simply do not get this sort of thing anymore from the American main stream – though we certainly should be able to expect it. I do not get the impression that this organization has an “agenda” that so very many American sources now do, and that is precisely why I visit them regularly. Journalism is still alive on planet earth.

• III% says:

My question is, and remains, why this particular person has such an infatuation with you?

• Mike Robinson says:

Fortunately for all of us, the Internet is still home to many hard-working, responsible journalists who are able to ply their trade without interference. “Journalism” is not dead yet. (Of course, let’s give full credit to the home team here: “witness CTH!” Sundance deserves a Pulitzer prize.)

• Dutchman says:

Mike,
        I would just add, that even if there were some bias or slant, its good to hear what others are saying.

I think RT would have to REALLY work at it to be MORE biased than mainstream media of US, or Daily Mail in U.K.

So, keep reading RT, and posting articles synopsis and links you think we may be interested in.

Hey, if their shooting at you, you MUST be doing something RIGHT!

28. Despicable Me says:

Here’s yet another intrusive threat from China! The implications are frightening. Apparently many US local councils and governments are exploring using or are already using the Chinese product Zoom for video conferencing of council meetings in lieu of in-person meetings. I’m fairly certain that the Zoom creator guy was not permitted to become a billionaire in China without paying due obeisance to the CCP and by extension the PLA. What a convenient way for the CCP to learn what is going on in US communities at the local and state levels from half a world away and also have a platform to target vulnerable officials or other individuals without ever leaving home. Imagine them listening in on the new telemedicine conferencing set up in the CAREs? People who use this software are potentially giving their secrets to the CCP. Company profile reflects servers are based in the US but who really owns those servers and pretty easy to flit a copy to any overseas sale location. May G-d help our leaders wake up from the great Chinese threat slumber. I’m notifying my local, state and federal government officials because it is way past time for presuming there are any adults in government whom are truly looking at security issues.

29. Reserved55 says:

Bill Gates’ NWO agenda.

Click the hashtag

• III% says:

I read something about this the other day. Big flashing red lights for me. What came to mind immediately when I read about it was the “mark of the beast” and how you must have the mark.

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name

From a purely technical perspective, it is scary. Think about the scope of information that are talking about. If it can be invented, it can be hacked and tampered with.

• Risa says:

Cattle ranchers brand or ear tag their animals to aid in managing their herds.
      And that is how the self-pointed elites view us. Cattle, to be “ managed”.

• Debra says:

I KNOW who I am. If anyone else NEEDS to know, what is so awful about politely asking . . .

I will not comply. I will not consent. No vaccine from you, wannabe-god Gates.

30. citizen817 says:

• islandpalmtrees says:

Just a short extract. All four were created based on lies. Yet they ask for FISA renewal. If the people asking for the renewal were honorable then the FISA warrants would not have been based on lies. Never vote for anyone approving the renewal.

As you are aware, in December 2019 my office issued a report examining
      four Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) applications—an initial
      application and three renewal applications—targeting a U.S. Person and other
      aspects of the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) “Crossfire Hurricane”
      investigation (“December 2019 FISA Report”).1 As detailed in our report,
      among other things, we identified fundamental and serious errors in the
      agents’ conduct of the FBI’s factual accuracy review procedures (“Woods
      Procedures”) with regard to all four FISA applications. We found, for example,
      numerous instances where the Woods File did not include supporting
      documentation for factual assertions contained in the FISA applications, as
      required by FBI policy. Additionally, we determined that the Woods File did not
      contain, as also required by FBI policy, documentation from the Confidential
      Human Source’s (CHS) handling agent stating that the handling agent had
      reviewed the facts presented in the FISA application regarding the CHS’s
      reliability and background, and that the facts presented were accurate. We
      further found that the FBI had failed to follow its policies for re-verifying factual

• islandpalmtrees says:

Everything, down stream of the 4 Carter Page warrants is tainted! Muller’s Report, Flynn’s indictment, etc. This should be the Front Page of every paper, on and off line.

Did the use the Flu Virus to cover this up? I think so.

31. islandpalmtrees says:

How can they look at themselves in a mirror each morning? By the time the real numbers are revealed, will the economy be destroyed? Will medication be released after enough studies are done?

A SHOCKING CORRECTION: Dr. Fauci Went from a Possible 1.7 Million US Deaths Due to Coronavirus to a Possible 200,000 US Deaths in 14 Days!
    March 30, 2020, by Jim Hoft

• JohnCasper says:

The ridiculous Fuchi has been all over the map on how many Americans would die. Is it really a good idea to base policy on someones mood swings?

32. Richie5Angels says:

think there is no funny business here….check this out…

Official numbers from NYC
    Only 14 deaths DIRECTLY attributable to the virus. These are “official” government numbers

Click to access covid-19-daily-data-summary-deaths.pdf

• Publius2016 says:

SAD

these DEMONS do not care for REAL TALLY

all true believers want is power

• Mormon Insider says:

You can have an underlying health condition. It doesn’t your going to die anytime soon. If you get Covid and die and also are diabetic or hypertensive, it still means Covid killed you.

• maggie0987 says:

This would be a perfect time to ‘juxtapose’ (sorry, a joke word in our house!)
        the number of NYC deaths for March 31, 2019??

• BuckNutGuy says:

And yet we won’t hear a peep about this fact from the MSM. Seems like rather than testing for COVID, we should test of underlying conditions, quarantine the vulnerable and let the rest of us get on with the getting on…

• So NYC, the hottest hotspot of COVID-19, has only 14 deaths that are directly from COVID-19 for people who did not have any underlying health conditions, and possibly 918 of the 932 with other underlying health conditions.

Now let’s do some math: The population of New York City is around 10 million, so figure that they have about 8000 deaths per month from all causes.

Lets say that 10% of those that were going to die this month also caught COVID-19 and died with the virus in their system. That would be 800 deaths that were attributed to COVID-19, but for people who would have died with or without the COVID-19 in their system.

Man, it looks like we are getting played. The country is in full lock down, the economy has been destroyed, our civil liberties are suspended, and just so that the left can try to take out President Donald Trump.

Until the numbers or fatalities for otherwise healthy people starts to go up, this looks to be like just another other flu season.

33. WeThePeople2016 says:

34. Reserved55 says:

35. Eaglet says:

Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us.

— H. G. Wells (1898), The War of the Worlds

36. Reserved55 says:

37. Patience says:

Wonder how prostitution business is going?
    Sexting, telephone and skype s ex must be on the rise.

38. Reserved55 says:

39. cheryl says:

Major Errors Found In All 29 of the FISA Warrants the IG Has Reviewed

Looking forward to Sundance’s take on this.

40. burnett044 says:

9-11 proved we will give up liberties for security…..
    what will we give up this time?

41. soozword says:

I just sent a slew of free faxes thru the NumbersUSA system (www.numbersusa.com) to the President and my House representative on stopping H1b visas, the visa lottery, and chain migration as well as urging support for E-verify. I’m on their more advanced system but if you are new to NumbersUSA, sign up today for the free faxes (they write the letter for you but need your approval first before sending). Not sure if as many are available to send for newbies but at least get one or two fired off today, it only takes a few moments. If we are stuck inside might as well make good use of our time by directly contacting their offices!

42. Publius2016 says:

Here’s a good question:

If NYC Hospitals are Overwhelmed, then how is it possible that the DEAD ARE TESTED?

1000 deaths in very short time???

New Orleans Coach said it took 4 days for his results to be returned…

43. OhNoYouDont says:

Ohio Department of Health

Last Updated: 03/31/20 (Updated daily at 2 p.m.)

2199 – Confirmed Cases in Ohio
    198 – Number of ICU admissions
    585 – Number of Hospitalizations in Ohio
    55 – Number of Deaths (+26)
    <1–99 – Age Range
    53 – Median Age
    49%* – Sex – Males
    51%* – Sex – Females
    *<1% sex not reported

Updated #COVID19 data for #Ohio just posted to http://coronavirus.ohio.gov . These numbers are believed to be low.

• Publius2016 says:

why low?

• OhNoYouDont says:

Because the population is under a type of quarantine…

Dr Acton made that “100,000 announcement” on March 12, 2020, She has downgraded that number since.

Since that date, President Trump Declared a National Emergency on March 13th. Also, Trump stated ‘we will be extending our guidelines to April 30th to slow the spread’.

—-

Compare Ohio to all of her border states …

Last updated: March 31, 2020, 20:37 GMT

USA State; Total Cases; (New Cases); Total Deaths; (New Deaths); Active Cases;

Michigan; 7,615; (+1,117); 259; (+75); 7,351;

Pennsylvania; 4,843; (+689); 63; (+12); 4,780;

Ohio; 2,199; (+266); 55; (+16); 2,144;

Indiana; 2,159; (+373); 49; (+14); 2,110;

(Still awaiting updated numbers for today)

Kentucky; 480; ( ); 11; ( ); 405;

West Virginia; 145; ( ); 1; ( ); 144;

—–

• QuiAudetVincit says:

Wasn’t Ohio supposed to have 100,000 cases by now?

• OhNoYouDont says:

Last updated: March 31, 2020, 23:45 GMT

USA State; Total Cases; (New Cases); Total Deaths; (New Deaths); Active Cases;

Michigan; 7,615; (+1,117); 259; (+75); 7,351;
        Pennsylvania; 4,843; (+689); 63; (+12); 4,780;
        Ohio; 2,199; (+266); 55; (+16); 2,144;
        Indiana; 2,159; (+373); 49; (+14); 2,110;
        Kentucky; 591; (+111); 17; (+6); 510;
        West Virginia; 162; (+17); 1; (zero); 161;

44. scrap1ron says:

Here’s some social distancing the US really needs, from anything to do with the Chicoms.

45. Despicable Me says:

46. WeThePeople2016 says:

47. burnett044 says:

Vegas has put homeless in parking lot to sleep..

48. Eaglet says:

An 86-year-old woman in a Brooklyn hospital died Saturday after being assaulted by another patient for allegedly breaking social distancing guidelines amid the coronavirus outbreak, according to a report.