This Too Shall Pass…

Thankfully as a nation this crisis is causing us to reevaluate our priorities: faith, family, community and freedom; and seeing the easy dispatch of liberty also reignites that oft forgotten flickering flame…

Journalists are less important than janitors. Our nation’s best athletes are healthcare workers rushing to assist those in need.  The true heroes are not celebrities, but rather farmers, truck drivers, stock clerks, and supermarket cashiers.

The most valuable businesses do not glitter or present themselves with self-congratulatory award shows; they do today what they have always done to keep our food supply flowing.  Perhaps now, at least for a few short weeks, we stop taking them for granted.

Effective right now comfortably invisible workers are recognized as critical priorities; or as the government has officially designated them “essential services.”  These folks form the network of our lives; they always have, but we didn’t notice. Everything else is less than.

Any average hard-working American is worth more today than all those who chase the golden statues of Hollywood; and ultimately if they want to go down the superiority path… well, what they provide is essentially useless.

• Florida Power and Light won the prestigious International Edward Demming award for excellence in multi-platform engineering and efficiency superiority. They didn’t blow every PhD intellectual out of the water with slide rules, CAD programs and engineering acumen. They did it with hard hats and dirty fingernails.

Because they lost the award, the Japanese spent 6 months studying FPL and later published a 1,000 page dissertation essentially saying FPL “wasn’t really good, they were just lucky”….. FPL field leadership laughed, took out markers and wrote on the back of their hard hats: WE’RE NOT GOOD, WE’RE RUCKY….

• When every single Kuwaiti oil field was blown up by Saddam Hussein, they said it would take over five years to cap them all off and restart their oil pumping industry. The Kuwaitis and Saudis called Texans, who had them all capped and back in working order in ten months.

We are a nation that knows how to get shit done.

• When the Northern Chile mine workers were trapped two miles underground, they said no-one could save them. Who did they call for help? A bunch of hick miners from USA coal country who went down there, worked on the fly, engineered the rescue equipment on site, and saved every one of them….

That’s our America.

Don’t lose sight of it.

• When a half-breed Islamic whack job, armed with an AK-47 and a goal to meet his virgins, begins opening fire on a train in France, the Americans on board didn’t run to the nearest safe room and hide themselves amid baguettes and brie. They said “let’s go”, and beat the stuffing out of that little nut with a death wish.

Legion d’Honneur or not, that’s us.  That’s you.

That’s just how we roll.

Lady Liberty can stroll along the Champs-Elysées with a swagger befitting Mae West because without her arrival they’d be speaking German in the Louvre.  Yet for the better part of the past decades groups of intellectual something-or-others have been selling an insufferable narrative that it’s better to be sitting around a campfire eating sustainable algae cakes and picking parasites off each other.  Enough!

• Ordinary people, just like you and me, gave their lives and crashed flight #93, a commercial airliner, into a field in Shanksville Pennsylvania so they could save our nations capitol.  Yeah, I think we can wash our hands, quit touching our faces and stay inside for a few days.

In case you missed it, it wasn’t FEMA driving jacked-up monster trucks into the flooded neighborhoods around Houston Texas to rescue people from their homes; it was a bunch of glorious rednecks assembled like the second division of the Cajun Navy… which also just happens to be a fabulous bunch of shallow water boat operators who convoy their gear voluntarily into the aftermath of hurricanes and floods.

That’s America folks; in all her magnificent colorblind glory.

Git-r’-done ain’t government.

Quoting from Bart Hall:

Truckers are saying “fuck the log rules, I’m hauling” and they’re getting supplies to the stores. People are stocking the shelves all night and letting old people shop first. Folks are buying meals for truckers, who (obviously) can’t go through the drive-ups. Asking ’em what they want, then buying it for them.

Carnival Cruise Line has told Trump “We can match those big Navy Hospital ships with some fully staffed cruise ships”.

GM and Ford have said “hold our cars and watch this — we can make ventilators where we were just making car parts, starting next week” — by re-engineering seat ventilators which their engineers hacked together for a new purpose. In under a week.

In a project with which I’m loosely associated, a very-effective agricultural disease-control agent was re-purposed and re-labeled specifically for Corona-virus control by the FDA and EPA in under ten days, from initial request to distribution.

Restaurants and schools have said, “we’ve got kitchens and staff; we can feed the poor kids who used have school lunch.”

NBA basketball players have said, “Hold our basketballs while we write checks to pay the arena staff.”

Construction companies are saying, “Here are some high-end masks for medical staff and doctors”.

Distilleries are making sanitizer out of distilling “heads and tails” which are normally discarded. Nasty shit to drink, but effective sanitizer.

People are tipping grocery check-out clerks and thanking them for taking the risk.

Local, state, and county governments are taking control of everything the feds cannot do. Some are doing it wrong, but for the first time in decades … they’re doing it. Federalism is re-emerging, and the smallest unit of government is the individual and the family. This, too, is re-emerging after decades of dormancy.

As Japanese Admiral Isokuru Yamamoto said, after Pearl Harbor … “I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.”

I sense this has just happened. We have a wonderful country, the greatest single force for good in all human history. We have closed our borders, with good reason, yet we have top medical people now assisting North Korea in their response to the virus.

Many things have been re-set, and will never be the same.

By microbiological accident, we are living in profoundly transformative historical times.

So I ask you a question, what part are you to play?

If you feel comfortable sitting in your socially distant box and bitching about all things that are not right, or might be not be right….  Or, if you prefer to allow yourself to be overcome with dark imaginings simply because what cannot be done is more comfortable than the effort to oversee what needs to be done….  well, that’s okay.

You can do that.

And when you’re done doing that you’ll still be in the same place.

Or, you can check on older neighbors to make sure they are OK and make sure they have necessities. If older neighbors need something at the store, get it for them. Friends and neighbors who are anxious, send them a card or note with positive comments on it. Give people hope. If you don’t want to send a card, send an e-mail checking up on people.

Order an extra lunch or dinner from a local restaurant just so you can give an tip to the delivery person who shows up at your door. Then stick the extra in the fridge and eat it tomorrow.  We can do this.

No-one is saying this doesn’t suck; but some people know that standing around bitching about the comparative values of current life in suckdom doesn’t actually accomplish anything.

President Trump is doing what needs to be done; with far more information than me; and in the best manner he can assemble to keep America great.  He does this while simultaneously swatting away thousands of piranhas biting at him on an hourly basis.

So again, ask yourself a question: what part are you to play?

Live your best life.

You only have this moment once.

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Coronavirus, Infectious Disease, media bias, President Trump, Treehouse Campfire, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

529 Responses to This Too Shall Pass…

1. freepetta says:

I have faith that in the end we will be great!!

• guidvce4 says:

“…greater”. It makes a hugely difference. Just sayin’.

• freepetta says:

Ok bigly 💁🏻‍♀️

• Bill Durham says:

This will not pass. Our economy will be destroyed and We will be in a depression for several years. Do people remember how bad the 1930s were? How about the 1970s and 1980s,. They were brutal. Save the unicorns and Cotton Candy for someone else. This will not end well for many

• freepetta says:

People are trying to feel some hope Bill 💁🏻‍♀️

• Bill Durham says:

I don’t need hope. I want the damn truth. I earned that after paying into this damn system for 40 years! Stop lying to me about this damn flu. That’s all it is. It’s a flu. no one has the right to ruin this country over a damn flu. I won’t take this garbage from Obama and I won’t take it from Trump. GET THE DAMN COUNTRY BAD TO WORK. OR WE WON’T HAVE A COUNTRY.

• freepetta says:

Bill as I said before you should air your concerns to the White House. PDJT does check his emails.
                Your feelings are very valid.

• Chip Doctor says:

Freepetta, thank you for your kind response to Bill. I don’t know Bill’s situation, so this is not directed at Bill. We need to be sensitive to those that show signs of panic. There are many people that cannot go a week without income, much less a month. The first is days away, and that intensifies fear for many.

I thank God many times a day that I am able to weather a rough patch, but I can only imagine what the fear would be like if I was at the end of my resources. I have been there before. That is a terrifying place to be. Very hard to harness that kind of fear.

I can tell the difference between a troll and a good person that is truly afraid. Whether neighbors, strangers or treepers, please show compassion to those that are afraid.

• freepetta says:

Bill and I go back a while. I certainly can’t blame him for panicking. He has some very valid points and he sees irregularities for which he deserves an answer.
                  It’s truly a pleasure to deal with such quality people on CTH.
                  This epidemic is very real and in OBOZO’S case there was a total news blackout as he played golf. 🤦🏻‍♀️
                  Ebola and H1N1 were horrendous pandemics and OBOZO did zilch.
                  Be well and God Bless Chip. 💁🏻‍♀️

• Chuck says:

That’s the positive outlook we’re all looking for Bill /s

• wlbeattie says:

Bill, I beg to differ!

Look at your what your country was like prior to the #ChinaVirus.
            PC run amok, Celebrities thinking they’re political pundits, Politicians thinking they are a class apart, Institutions spying on their citizens!

Your country was heading downhill … Fast!
            TRUMP stopped that and showed you how corrupt the “System” was!

Yours is a lucky country for many reasons, but I’ll name just 2
            @POTUS45
            and
            Patriots – all those described above by Sundance!

They’ll get the job done – with or without you!

• Zoe says:

God meant it all for good. Looking back on all he brought us through I see things as I should. Thought at times I did not understand it is part of his determined plan, he’ll work all thing together as he said he would. God meant it all for good.
            This is a song about Joseph. Things didn’t look so good for Joseph, but in the end that was determined by God Joseph became second in power in Egypt only to pharaoh.
            This world isn’t about us, it is about the redemption of mankind. Until mankind sees his need for a savior he will not look up. Everybody dies and God sent his son Jesus Christ to redeem them because he loves them and if he has to bring them to their knees because of their selfish pride so that some will repent and turn to him for salvation then he will because our life here is just a vapor and eternity is forever.
            Brothers and sisters in Christ we are not even close to the sufferings set out before Christ at the cross for our salvation. So cowboy up, things are about to get very interesting and our job is to point others to Christ.

• dougofthenorth says:

Let me suggest Bill you are not looking at this correctly. This will indeed pass. No one knows when, but this will end until the next great catastrophe. That is simply the nature of life.
            Will some ppl be hurt? Of course, will it be fair on everyone? Of course not. But the fact remains, all those past events that you cite to instill your fears on the rest of us are distant memories. Everyone recovered, and life went on. This shall be true of this event as well.
            I did not like the money bill we just threw at this problem. I really hated it in fact. But there is a reason for it, and our elected President has decided for now it had to be done. Just imagine what a clinton in the White house might have done. Think about it a minute. What did odumbo do? Think about that for a minute.
            We all need to the grateful we have OUR man in the White House, anything less would have truly been a disaster indeed.

• luke says:

Idk Bill PDT said models showed if we did nothing over 2 million deaths (worst case(. Still you and I discussed the mega disaster. But I can tell you in the worst disaster scenario the economic would be in the toilet with the reports of overrun hospitals and medical supply shortage. Shutting it down was the right thing to do. I am ready to admit this virus is the real deal. It’s not as scary as Ebola but still nasty for those it grabs the hardest. PDT has delayed plans and we will stay hunkered down. Again I of all people know the dangers in that but for now best to buy time for better treatments and data. Thank God he’s in charge because we would really be going apeshit lol. Imagine our thoughts if Obama was in charge….frightening

• joe b hudson says:

That’s the best you can do Bill? After reading Sundance’s post my heart is filled with pride and my eyes are filled with tears as all patriots should be. Just remember the economic boom after WWII. I am a boomer and maybe wouldn’t be here without the spirit an optimism post WWII. You go ahead and be a pessimist, I refuse to give up on the best country on earth and neither will our loving God.

• frankmystery says:

Then we need to cowboy up and spread the truth of the MSM deception that has taken us to the brink of hysteria. When they stop telling everyone the world is ending this will stop.

• bkrg2 says:

Hi Bill, I am afraid you might be correct (and I have many of the same concerns you have posted for past few weeks).

I have doubts that we will quickly be able to bouce the economy back to 2019 levels before the end of 2020. I pulled all my $ out of stock & bond market when we fell about 20% from highs. No way im putting it back into this roller coaster until after the election (or later).

I am fortunate to have a good job and salary. My employer has allowed all employees wo can work from home to do so (lucky that I has been home based for almost 10 years). We have manufacturing plants that require people to run the equipment – so they are not so lucky. My son works for a company doing similar policies. My daughter lost her job just before the coronapocolypse…

My wife and i will be ok since I planned on retiring in a couple years. If it comes sooner, we will figure it out. I am more concerned for my children as they are 22 & 24, so the short term is likely to be more difficult.

About a week ago, I got really emotional about all this panic, fear, chaos. I had to take a break for about 36 hours and just shut out everything about China virus. I realize I have lost almost all my personal liberties with no voice/vote in the matter.

So I now focus on what I can control. I read Sundance for news & inspiration. I read every tweet from Trump. I was comedies on TV. I loaded every magazine in case it comes to the end of world. The remaining minutes are spent fixing up the house, garage, cars, tractor, bicycles… Anyting that gives me a sense of control & accoplishment.

Hang in there my friend. This will pass & all will be well.

• Gary says:

The truth Bill, this ends anyway “you” want it to.

• Bill Durham says:

I am starting to smell bull sh&t from Trump and everyone else!!! Contagious my backside. If it’s so damn contagious why is the subway, train, and buses filled with people. Why are the taxis and shuttles running. Why are domestic flights running. BS! I can’t go out of my house but they can pack people in public transportation???

• freepetta says:

Excellent points Bill. You should definitely email these concerns to PDJT.
            It does sound a bit suspicious.

• I call Bull on that Bill Durham….absolutely…………Bull………!!!!!!!

• jbt says:

Oh Bull!

• Most of this should have been shit down. In NY, if deblahblah had not done so, prince Andy should have. This includes all major airports in NYC, Westchester and Albany.

I have a sibling who works for the MTA, the trains are empty. Only MTA personnel riding the trains and maybe a cop or two and medical personnel.

• FrankieZee says:

I have one better. How many Gov employees are being laid off? I bet none have. While the rest of the country worries about how they are going to pay their bills, Gov employees are still collecting their paychecks.

• yadent says:

You’re spitting into the wind here Brother. This is a message of hope, not necessarily facts. As a former healthcare provider I offered hope and facts to my patients but I myself, within my profession, lived with facts. As a provider I only undertook extraordinary actions with extraordinary data/proof for a measure for the possibility of success. The actions required proof. The extraordinary actions this Administration have taken REQUIRED that extraordinary proof. They DON”T have it. How could I make such a blasphemous statement? They don’t have a TRUE DENOMINATOR of infections. They haven’t a clue as to the total number of actual infections. ALL of their ratios, percentages, nearly all the projection numbers are based on pure SPECULATION. They are obviously still utilizing a FLAWED epidemiology model. Hope is good. Hope grounded in the truth is better.

• dougofthenorth says:

This is a time when the unsung many step unaware into the light and do what they have always done. That now is the time when the mighty are brought low demonstrates that old truth, we all are equal before God.
      Even when it is obvious, the blowhard will huff and puff in the vain effort to be master, but we the people go about doing what must be done, because it must be done.
      No power on earth can stop what has been unleashed, and one country united in fear of the Lord will live to see another day. We will be tested, and there will be hardship.
      We are a great nation of achievers, and this nation has pent up our power with stay at home orders imposed for some by necessity, and in many cases for political manipulation.
      Remember Americans who is doing what, and then come November, reward those who have shown this nation is at the heart of what they care about, and send a resounding NO THANK YOU! to those who played politics with our lives, our families, and our resources!

• freepetta says:

Such an uplifting post Doug.

• romy911 says:

Excellent post – not as good as Sundance, but really good!

• FrankieZee says:

Thank you Doug. Remember, we are AMERICANS. Nobody beats us.

• MAGA Minuteman says:

Such a beautiful and uplifting article by Sundance followed by your uplifting post.

Well done on both accounts!

Some think a catastrophic event will crush the US. Americans have shown time and time again that these events are taken as opportunities for the citizens to rise up to the challenge and flex their muscle like “Rosie the Riveter”.

• cantcforest says:

“This event is going to be the great flushing out of our nations leadership. We must all remember the actions our leaders took under this stress. Some are oblivious of their foolishness, others, put their heads down, their shoulder to the task and pushed with everything they have.”
        Doug, that hit my malaise on the head. As our PDJT started draining the swamp by revealing its breadth and depth by shining light on all of the Deep State and political corruption, I wondered how he could continue without being swept aside by the MSM, the Deep State, and the politicians. Thus far he has managed to enlighten a larger number of the deplorables than I thought possible.
        A year ago, I was in despair over this. Now, I believe that he will succeed in saving our country, but not necessarily you or me. I understand your frustration and angst.
        Thank you Dear God for Sundance and PDJT. We pray for your blessings on us and our offspring.

• wlbeattie says:

I’m too old to join the fray in any constructive role.
      But I’m also an old snapping turtle with a thick hide and a sharp beak.
      One on one, I fight the piranha nipping at #Trump’s heels.
      I also support our respective country’s patriots by fighting the Doom & Gloom mongers both on the internet and within my immediate circle of family and neighbours.

These are indeed “Interesting Times” – one which may help you true US Patriots reshape your Great Nation back to the Quintessential Democratic Republic your forebears originally created.

I wish you luck and will give my best efforts in support of your success!

🇦🇺👍🇺🇸
      ✅#MAGA2020
      ✅#KAG2020

• freepetta says:

Very nice post wl.

• Dekester says:

Very uplifting S.D. Thank you.

Beattie, terrific post thank you. Beattie was one of the original surnames in the small Scottish fishing community I grew up in.

These are challenging times, but may assist in building character in a rather spoiled generation or two.

Our grandparents raised us boys, both were children in Scotland during WW1,and lived through WW2. Our incredible Grandfather served on minesweepers.

We brothers learned so much from those two and have done alright so far. Our children are in their twenties and early thirties now, and are witnessing for the first time real turmoil and widespread uncertainty.

They will come out the other side, and be the better for it, most especially if they and others view this as an opportunity to grow, and pray to a god of their understanding.

God bless PDJT

• wlbeattie says:

@ Dekester <= Thanks for your kind remarks!

Para 1) Yep! 100%
          Para 2)My stepfather was Scottish (Beatie), my mother was of Irish descent(Wrigt) & my natural father was of English(Hancok) descent. (All altered to escape page scrapers).
          Para 3). Great point!
          Para 4). The best of the best!
          Para 5). As are mine. My mum (and in-laws all died about 5+ years ago) but my kids (from 2x wives) all loved & respected their grandparents (otherwise kick-arse times),
          Para 6). IMO we boomers missed the really hard times – but – we were AWARE of them!
          Remember the Cuba Missile Crisis, JFK assassination, Cold War
          Para 7). God bless PDJT!!!!

Aussies have always supported the #US politically – for … must be nearly or more han a 100 years!

And many of us are still here supporting the greatest Democratic Republic known to History!

cheers!

• Dekester says:

Interesting about your stepfather, and that you in Australia and me in Canada have enjoyed this “ banter” on CTH, and are strong supporters of PDJT

• Little pink houses says:

By the Grace of God We Will!!
      Or as the good folks in Tennessee say “
      the good Lord willin’ & the creek don’t rise.

2. dufrst says:

Message from Ivanka along the same lines

3. Chip Doctor says:

Wow, Sundance. THANK YOU! We needed this so much tonight. MAGAA.

4. Seneca the Elder says:

Thank you Sundance for your patriotism and inspiration. Your pen is mightier than the sword.

5. Margaret Berger says:

Thank you.

6. Deplorable_Infidel says:

“President Trump is doing what needs to be done; with far more information than me; and in the best manner he can assemble to keep America great.”

I think President Trump often wishes he could share more information with his supporters. However, because of the vicious piranhas masquerading as “journalists”, he is unable to do so.

Just like he does not announce his military offensive actions in advance.

7. TarsTarkas says:

As a parts guy for over thirty years, shipping and receiving on a daily basis, I keenly understand and appreciate the role that transport plays in our economy. Freight and freight haulers are almost forgotten these days, or were until Kung Flu got its hooks into this country. It’s incredible to me how the cost of freight has steadily gone down over the last few decades by dollar volume of goods shipped thanks to more efficient engines, routing, and so much more. That doesn’t happen by government fiat. That happens because people up and down the logistics chain figure out how to make it work better. And now it’s really paying off for this country, with the incredibly quick restocking of food stores that helped keep the panic too a minimum, and that was just the start of their efforts. My thanks to all the truckers and Conrail guys and plane pilots and baggage handlers. You’re the lifeblood of this country.

• auntiefran413 says:

A thousand likes, Tars!

• FrankieZee says:

I was a warehouse manager for a company that made soda and water for Publix and Walmart. When either one was on Promo for the products we made, it was very difficult to keep up with all the orders that came in. During these promos we were working 7 days a week 24 hours a day. Remember that was just soda and water. I cannot imagine how Publix and all big grocery chains are handling this. I am truly amazed how we even have food in the stores.

• joebkonobi says:

Nice Tars, nothing like an emergency to make us realize the real heros in our country. Basically they are the one’s still at work 24/7.

8. DJ Snyder says:

All I can say is: Amen, brother! 😀

9. Trump2020 says:

COWBOY UP!!! Look on the bright side, can you imagine the hellacious reckoning the Democraps are going to be faced with come this Nov? The mere thought of it is so delicious I can hardly contain myself. They have no clue the MAGA/KAG tide that is going to hit them. It will be a tsunami sized reckoning!!!

10. dufrst says:

Adversity brings the best out of the best people. And we are the best people on earth! This too will pass and we will be greater than every before! I sure hope so.

11. billygoat65 says:

Thanks for that Sundance,it is much appreciated and uplifting!

12. kelley says:

Love you Sundance. Thank you for all you do for us. You are a true patriot!

13. Drcrinum says:

Hear, hear!

14. bruzedorange says:

Was talking to a friend today about possible outcomes of this crisis.

One thought is that fewer students will feel the need to seek jobs requiring a college degree, having witnessed this public reordering of the valuation of vocations. “Want to make your life count? Want to make a difference in people’s lives? Want to dedicate your life to something bigger than yourself?”

Yeah. Reality just clicked the sort button on the values in that spreadsheet.

• GB Bari says:

Awesome observation.

I think it (the re-sorting of vocational pathways) was actually starting to happen before the viral outbreak. Several millennials have told me words to that effect.

15. Nan says:

Thank you. ❤️

16. mdaush says:

With God, All Things Are Possible!

17. bessie2003 says:

Thank you.

18. Amy2 says:

Amen and amen!

19. Amy2 says:

The end is near! And I mean that in a good way!

20. A2 says:

Thank you needed to be said. I was going to post something similar on the coronavirus presser, because many of the comments were causing steam to blow out of my ears.

Use this time wisely. Do something helpful and constructive, no matter how small. Help your family and neighbours and in doing so you will help yourself get through these trying times.

All countries in the world are having the same reckoning, some coping better than others. No one is alone in all this except those who ‘self-isolate’ themselves by anger, fear doom whinging and whining.

Americans have what it takes to face this and also to help others.

Just do it.

• The American Patriot says:

AMEN!

If I was a mod here, a good amount of comments will be deleted. A few posters may be BANNED!

There are comments that are atrocious and embarrassing.

• romy911 says:

“Just do it.” Thank you A2.

• WSB says:

A2,

We just had our regular Sunday Dinner Group have our second Cocktail Conference Call.

We are just going to keep it up!

• A2 says:

I have to wake up at 3am to talk to the kids and spouses on skype both locked down in UK and US. They are hilarious. In the US they are baking bread, in the UK making kimchi.

May the Lord keep everyone safe and healthy!

• WSB says:

Yep, A2… we just admitted today that for two weeks, all we have done is….procrastinate!!!!!

Really!!!! I have worked since the age of 15…. tired now!

Cook, make drinks and watch old movies!!!! Love it! Work when needed!

• WSB says:

The kimchi in the UK is hysterical!!!! Rhat could be a sitcom! Love it!

• WSB says:

Please excuse my typo….That…

• WSB says:

A2… please extend my best to you and your family!!!! What fun, they are making the best of this idiocy!!!!

• A2 says:

Thank you and I will!

Fortunately, they all can work at home, though obviously it is more difficult and time consuming. Plus the grandkids home lessons. All are rising to the occasion like troopers.

In the US branch there is a conspiracy to not eat bananas so they blacken forcing a banana bread extravaganza.

In London it’s like hunter gatherers foraging to find food. They could not find naphtha cabbage, so bok choy was what the hunters came back with. Pics with spice mixing using marigold gloves. It is hilarious

I live essentially in a paddy field, next to two mountains. more critters, dogs and water buffalo than people. Physical distancing is not a problem.

Best wishes from the epicentre. Keep calm, laugh and carry on.

• WSB says:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Your family is like World Survivor!!!! The ingredients are varied!!!!!

Yes, we all just need to stay calm and relax!

• TwoLaine says:

Bananas! Here’s a fun trick for the kids. Tell them to start an aloe seedling with a banana. Do a video search on it for instructions.

Aloe is one ingredient for hand sanitizer and it’s so much more.

They can also save all their peels for fertilizer.

• TwoLaine says:

AMEN

• GB Bari says:

You are not alone, WSB.

Our Sunday Bible group just held our second virtual class via Skype. Our pastor’s lessons are all prerecorded so it works great. My wife misses cooking brunch for the group, but she considers the situation a temporary respite that she’s using to tackle some other projects.

Finding ways to adapt and cope are at the core of Americans’ spirit.

21. hawkins6 says:

Excellent article.

sundance has been making a significant contribution to the MAGA and KAG movements for sometime. CTH is an effective therapy to the MSM-2020 virus strain that attacks the human brain and turns it to mush.

22. Neil M. Dunn says:

Thanks for the inspirational paradigm shift in thinking and action with lots of helpful examples. At the least, I need some $5 bills to start tipping to just the people you mentioned–I wish I had thought of that. Thanks again.

23. The American Patriot says:

I just want to say I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED with some of the comments by posters acting like Treepers! It’s so disappointing that posting rules may have to be posted to remind those who post. So much negative posting can have an adverse effect on the site that even non-posters will stop coming here.

If you absolutely have nothing positive to share, just refrain. For the majority of people, this is where we get our REAL NEWS.

Just use COMMON SENSE because it is what is lacking around lately!

• Patriot, I also was saddened by the rude and negative comments posted about our citizens who live in states with Democrat leaders.

Many citizens are suffering now either they themselves are ill or members of their family are and because they have leaders who make very bad decisions our fellow citizens do not deserve nasty comments.

Living here in Colorado I have heard for years the comments about us being the Pothead state and I have heard all kinds of things said about California on other blogs.

The Treehouse is usually a very considerate and thoughtful place to visit.

Maybe some are a bit stressed, worried and weary we needed this reminder by sundance that we are all in this together.

From Sea to Shining Sea.

• The Devilbat says:

I guess it’s simply beyond the understanding of many of us as to how people in the blue states could ever be stupid enough to vote for any democrat after the party was taken over by communists. To quote the Marxist Obama, “elections have consequences.”

• James says:

Nothing personal”Living here in Colorado I have heard for years the comments about us being the Pothead state”
        Now back to positive thinking

Last week, Senator Cory Booker introduced the Marijuana Justice Act in an effort to legalize marijuana across the nation and penalize local communities that want nothing to do with this dangerous drug. This is the furthest reaching marijuana legalization effort to date and marks another sad moment in our nation’s embrace of a drug that will have generational consequences.

Our country is facing a drug epidemic. Legalizing recreational marijuana will do nothing that Senator Booker expects. We heard many of these same promises in 2012 when Colorado legalized recreational marijuana.

In the years since, Colorado has seen an increase in marijuana related traffic deaths, poison control calls, and emergency room visits. The marijuana black market has increased in Colorado, not decreased. And, numerous Colorado marijuana regulators have been indicted for corruption.

In 2012, we were promised funds from marijuana taxes would benefit our communities, particularly schools. Dr. Harry Bull, the Superintendent of Cherry Creek Schools, one of the largest school districts in the state, said, “So far, the only thing that the legalization of marijuana has brought to our schools has been marijuana.”

In fiscal year 2016, marijuana tax revenue resulted in $156,701,018. The total tax revenue for Colorado was $13,327,123,798, making marijuana only 1.18% of the state’s total tax revenue. The cost of marijuana legalization in public awareness campaigns, law enforcement, healthcare treatment, addiction recovery, and preventative work is an unknown cost to date.

• rebelinme2 says:

My sympathies … I have noticed that every time government sees an opportunity to get more money than they have, they jump in to promote something just to get the money in spite of the consequence to us. They always say that money will support something we want, and when it is done the money never is used for what they said it be for. The upside of legalization of pot in Maine has been truly excellent development by small businesses of medicinal products that don’t get people high. The downside is concomitant increase of accessibility to drug addicts that seek only to get high as evidenced in little trashy pot selling markets as numerous as little alcohol shops. I doubt the taxes from any of it are resulting in us not having to pay as much for what they said it would be applied to… it is just an increase in tax that the government takes without being honest about more taxes being levied from the people.

• BuckeyeMom says:

I agree. We are all Americans. I was born in Yonkers, NY, but my dad was military, so we ultimately ended up in Ohio. I still have family in Yonkers and upstate NY, and it saddens me to hear the ugliness that is spewed. Hubby and I are in Central Ohio, where 2 of our daughters still reside. Our other daughter lives in Charlottesville, Va with her hubby. We ordered her a Corona Snack package thru Boxed.com, and it was supposed to be delivered yesterday, but was delayed due to security reasons thru UPS-the package shipped from New Jersey. These are strange times.

I’m just waiting to hear if our governor restricts travel from Michigan into Ohio.

• Thanks CO Chloe from a fellow MAGA COin

24. Raven says:

Fabulous, as always, commentary on us, our country and what matters most, Sundance.

Thank you.

As for this old granny, I’ve been writing letters to everyone I know, telling people I love them, telling them they are special, and in not such a fabulous way as Sundance, but good enough, telling them that this too shall pass. The letters will be a little surprise when they may be alone.

My very unassuming neighbor, Kim, had to work today. She has been working in the deli department of our local grocery store, an often over-looked, underappreciated job, for years. She has been working long hours lately, including working on this Lord’s day, because she is — an essential employee.

Now, after reading this message from you, Sundance, I will tip all the people who are on the front lines for us, and start with Jill, my postal carrier, tomorrow morning.

Thank you, Sundance, for all you do. May the Lord richly bless you and your family, as He protects, guides and leads our President, Donald Trump, and our country, the United States of America, through this trial.

25. john says:

Sundance 2024!
    Actually you’re too good to waste on DC. But I sure appreciate your wisdom and leadership.

26. JohnCasper says:

There is no way of avoiding the reality that the adults in this country are going to have to step up and slap, and in a big way, the Totalitarian Shut Downers who will make America the equivalent of “Land of the Serfs”, as well as possibly “Lord of the Flies” at some point, who now threaten to overthrow our Constitutional Republic and its Bill of Rights with their hysterical mayhem. We’re going to have to come to terms with this reality. Either that or it’s simply going to be cruel for all of us, with no liberty, and maybe even kindness, in sight, and no one left to come and rescue us off a No Liberty Island from Hell that in our passivity and sheepelness we allowed to be taken over by moral pygmies.

• The Devilbat says:

JohnCasper, As of this morning, New York City, (you know, the place that never shut down and everyone was told to go to the Chinatown parade, see a movie and ride the subway by their health officials) have so far had 776 people die. This when the first case of covid-19 was only discovered on march 01. that was only four short weeks ago.

This is NOT the time to question our president and his team of experts or to make Orwellian predictions. Had Hillary Clinton been president we all would have been more than worried but as it is and by the grace of God we have Donald Trump.

• joebkonobi says:

Have faith, we have a great leader and once we are through it he will make us even stronger and greater. Thank God we have Trump and not Obama at this time. Can you imagine Obama and his handling of “never let a crisis go to waste”?

27. Attorney at Law says:

Thank you Sundance!

There are no words to describe the importance of this site, NONE.

As President Trump has declared more than once,

‘The Best Is Yet To Come’

28. Komrade Retslag says:

Don’t forget Todd Beamer and the passengers on United Flight 93, that wrested control of the Jihadi
    hijackers on 9/11, and crashed the plane in an empty field near Shanksville, PA. This result may have saved many lives, for the hijackers wanted to fly into a critical Washington DC target.

• I’ve not said this before, one of those was a friend of mine. Rode the train together to and from NYC for many years. May he Rest In Peace.

• warrprin1 says:

Thank you for the reminder, Komrade Retslag, of the heroes of Flight 93. Their spirit lives forever as a shining example of “get ‘er done”. They lost their lives but they won the day by taking the Nation’s first steps to fight back. Greater love hath no man than this…

If there is anyone who has freely sacrificed himself, his beloved family, and his fortune for the rescue of this Nation from the dark forces ceaselessly attempting to destroy her, it is #45. And. He. Just. Keeps. Going.

Our President needs his army – us – to be fully invested and actively engaged in his battle plan to save as many lives as possible, and to ramp up our economy to roar again.

In the unforgettable words of the passengers of Flight 93, “Let’s roll.”

• sundance says:

Good point. Added.

29. President Trump should order New York to be locked down as soon as possible. Right now positive rate after testing in NYC is more than 33%, which basically says everyone on NYC streets are virus-carriers. What Cuomo and Blesio are doing is to sucking all resources into New York to deplete supply in other parts of this nation to make Trump look bad. This must be stopped.

• Publius2016 says:

supply is coming online…many have forgotten how we won, but 45 remembers! He is calling forth the power of private industry and the imagination of inventors…

Dr. FaucIII is a Globalist Insider who slow walked the test kits…45 brought in private industry and in 8 days tested more than South Korea did in 8 weeks! Now we have machine that tests within 15 minutes using self swabs! saving TIME MONEY and most importantly PPEs!

30. eric says:

tomorrow…i return to work after a week 1/2 off…cleaning toilets as i have for the last 15yrs.
    is it enuff?
    i dont know.
    will i bitch as i do it…yep.
    but i know this.

it will be our turn….soon.

31. albertus magnus says:

Amen, Sundance! Amen!

32. Jimmy R says:

A glimmer. In case you missed it, Trump said that the NYC drug cocktail trials started two days ago.

• Jimmy R says:

• The problem is that the treatment regimen needs to be given BEFORE hospitalization! If you are hospitalized with breathing and lung problems IT IS ALREADY TOO LATE!!! If you are bad enough to go on a ventilator YOUR LUNGS ARE NOT COMING BACK! Please watch https://youtu.be/1TJdjhd_XG8 which is Rudy Giuliani interviewing Dr. Zelinsky from upstate NY who has successfully treated in excess of 500 people when symptoms first manifest. Treatment drugs only cost $ 20. All of NYS could be prophylactically treated for $ 400 million. The whole country for $ 7.4 billion. Check the 2 French studies – very successful.

• warrprin1 says:

If the hydroxychloroquine has to be administered before breathing problems start, is this the reason that the 1st Term Governess Whitmer (D) threatened the physicians licensed to practice in Michigan with loss of their licenses and potential prosecution for violating her order?

Now why would anyone want to do that?

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“Is Michigan Governor Whitmer (did I mention she’s a D?) part of an effort to slow walk recoveries, or God forbid, jack up the death toll?

Now why would anyone want to do that?”

Perhaps because she used to work for this man.

So she is just following orders – just like the state Attorney Generals and local District Attorneys that he supplied money to so they could win an election campaign.

• joebkonobi says:

Many will go to a doctor before hospitalized. Hopefully they will prescribe early. It’s good FDA approved, reluctant and risk adverse docs can now prescribe. Plus, word gets out and patients can demand.

• spoogels says:

A few things:
        1. Dr Zelenko does TELEMEDICINE
        HE WORKS ONLINE

2. American doctors can now work acorss state lines

So can anyone who isn’t in NY consult Dr Zelenko via his telemedicine access?

33. Deborah @UnTamedInSD says:

Well timed as always Sundance!
    I heard PDJT talk april 30th and June 1st….. UGGGGGGG!! the wind went out of my sails tonight until i read this post and it filled me back up again……… THANK YOU! i needed that!

34. that’s the way that the world goes round
    one min your up
    the next yer down
    its a half an inch of water
    and ya think yer gonna drown
    THATS the way that the world goes round

thank you sundance, prayers to john prine.

35. Super Elite says:

“Any average hard-working American is worth more today than all those who chase the golden statues of Hollywood; and ultimately if they want to go down the superiority path… well, what they provide is ultimately useless.”

Worse than useless. Same with the new Core Value education.

• joebkonobi says:

Back in the day (WWII) they provided hope and boosted morale for troops. Jimmy Stewart was a bomber pilot. Today they (Hollywood) support the fascists their predecessors helped defeat. Today, all anti-American and support the fascists.

36. Publius2016 says:

May God Bless our Nation!

45 and his Team of Patriots guide us well!

We don’t know the information but 45 said, he closed the border and THEY WENT SOMEWHERE ELSE…saving many lives!

45 knows…Event 2O1 was a preplanned Black Op…the decisions 45 makes are based on the “possible mutation” of this BioWeapon…

Looking back, 45 has been very clear about meeting the needs to WIN THIS WAR AGAINST AN INVISIBLE HIDDEN ENEMY!!

I stand with 45 straight down the line!

37. Well, SD can get the patriotism swelling in an old guy. Get my cane; I need my glasses; pack the meds; where’s my dog tags; grab the spare batteries for my hearing aides; find my roadmap and see if there’s a car charger for my flip phone. I’m heading to DC to slap the lips off some Democrat’s face – just to hear what they sound like when they hit the ground. Damn, I need a nap and I haven’t got to the end of the driveway yet. MAGA to all!

38. TradeBait says:

That’s me standing in my chair, clapping and yelling after reading this! That’s exactly what I was telling everybody I knew after 9/11. Here we are again. At war against a bio-weapon from a communist enemy we have been coddling for decades because of corrupt politicians being on the take with their globalist buddies.

That ends now.

39. Jan Roepke says:

There are people in this country who work hard every day
    Not for fame or fortune do they strive
    But the fruits of their labor are worth more than their pay
    And it’s time a few of them were recognized

Hello Detroit auto workers, let me thank you for your time
    You work a forty hour week for a livin’, just to send it on down the line
    Hello Pittsburgh steel mill workers, let me thank you for your time
    You work a forty hour week for a livin’, just to send it on down the line

This is for the one who swings the hammer, driving home the nail
    Or the one behind the counter, ringing up the sale
    Or the one who fights the fires, the one who brings the mail
    For everyone who works behind the scenes

You can see them every morning in the factories and the fields
    In the city streets and the quiet country towns
    Working together like spokes inside a wheel
    They keep this country turning around

Hello Kansas wheat field farmer, let me thank you for your time
    You work a forty hour week for a livin’, just to send it on down the line
    Hello West Virginia coal miner, let me thank you for your time
    You work a forty hour week for a livin’, just to send it on down the line

This is for the one who drives the big rig, up and down the road
    Or the one out in the warehouse, bringing in the load
    Or the waitress, the mechanic, the policeman on patrol
    For everyone who works behind the scenes

With a spirit you can’t replace with no machine
    Hello America let me thank you for your time

Alabama

40. Rj says:

Our President or someone in that orbit needs to be making these uplifting and encouraging speeches because it seems our President is towing this whole damn country on his own.

41. auntiefran413 says:

‘The true heroes are not celebrities, but rather farmers, truck drivers, stock clerks, and supermarket cashiers.”

And may I add the children and grandchildren who bring in our groceries to keep “grandma out of the grocery store”…as if they were bulletproof.

42. kallibella says:

My feelings exactly. Thank you Sundace for this note of much needed perspective.

Also, for all those who are a people of faith, ask yourselves when have we seen such a move of God to make us stop our routine, our lives, our economy to give us time to think about what is really a priority on a national level? When have we seen that He has done it in the last several decades on a global scale? If this is not a gracious and merciful way to call His Church to turn to Him, I don’t know what is. Consider the alternative, Hillary could be in Oval Office now. Imagine the chaos, death and despair. The Lord has indeed been merciful to allow us to have POTUS Trump for such a time as this.
    ” if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land,” 2 Chronicles 7:14.

• Johnny Boost says:

Are you sure this isn’t a punishment sent by God? New York passed some of the most permissive laws on abortion last year. Now it’s the epicenter of a disease outbreak. Do you think the two are unrelated?

• rvsueandcrew says:

VP Pence has drawn from this passage often recently, ending with the words “heal our land.”

Thanks for posting that powerful Scripture, kallibella.

• Raven says:

I love it that God is calling on His people in that verse, and not the children of perdition.

God is not calling those lost in darkness to humble themselves, He is calling on His children to humble themselves. Let us humble ourselves.

God is not calling those lost in darkness to pray and seek His face, He is calling on His children to pray and seek His face. Let us pray and seek His face.

God is not calling those lost in darkness to turn from their wicked ways, He is calling on His children to turn from their wicked ways. . . our wicked ways. Let us do it with all our striving, for the glory of our Lord.

Then, as He promised, He will hear us from Heaven.
      Then, as He promised, He will forgive His children’s sins.
      Then, as He promised, He will heal our land.

Thank you for pointing us to the only One that matters, Kallibella.

43. Sepp says:

A small mattress factory nearby is making breathing masks that are effective and adapted with other components readily available.

A small store (convenience, drive-up fast food) in my neighborhood installed a new window in a wall spot so people could buy merchandise and pay for gas with cash still without going inside. (I bought a big bottle of ginger ale to carry home. The salesman was happy he had it on his counter right by this window.)

44. OW21 says:

My daughter and I were speaking the other day of the younger teenagers who seem to think being asked to stay at home is such a hardship. I said to her, imagine knowing that the second you get out of high school you are being drafted to fight in the jungles of Viet Nam. That’s a hardship. Suck it up, buttercup and strap on a set. You live on easy street compared to past generations.

• JohnCasper says:

I was in Vietnam and I think it is a hardship on teens to be stuck at home. Especially as it’s unnecessary. But then Vietnam was too.

45. Del Hollingsworth says:

Amen, brother. Amen.

46. Skidroe says:

We really need an inexpensive simple CURE!

• auntiefran413 says:

We have one! We just need to get it to the people who need it. It’s an anti-malarial drug (Hydro-something-or-other) in combination with Z-pac! It’s working!!!

47. romy911 says:

Thank you Sundance. Just what we all needed to hear!
    Now we need to help President Trump get this virus under control & get him re-elected.
    Someone posted this video on the daily Presidential thread earlier today. It is a must watch, IMO.
    Dr. David Price, a pulmonary critical care doc in New York. I think his Dad might be an ER doc in the same hospital. He’s in the ICU taking care of only CV patients for 12 hour shifts. He is not afraid of getting the virus & he explains in simple terms how not to get it & what to do if you do get it. If everyone in the country watched this video, people would chill out. It’s reassuring, it’s calming, it’s informative & it’s interesting. Watch it & pass it on. A shorter version of this was on Jesse Waters last night. It’s an hour long but worth your time to watch the whole thing.
    It also proves President Trump was right, again.

There is one part I don’t agree with or like – you’ll understand.

• Jimmy R says:

If you don’t want to watch this, then this is the take-away: Price has found that if you DO NOT touch your face and you wash your hands A LOT in case you forget not to touch your face, then it is almost impossible for you to get the disease. In other words, he’s claiming that it is almost impossible to get it through the air.

• auntiefran413 says:

Thank you, Jimmy…I have trouble hearing my computer. (It’s my ears — not the computer.)

• romy911 says:

Dr Price’s words: “you need to have Nazi hands.”
        But do watch it – there is a lot of information.
        If you or a family member does get China Virus, you’ll know what to do.
        After watching this, if I had to take care of a patient with Covid-19, I would not be afraid.

48. Jimmy R says:

Ask yourself why the FDA approved hydroxychloroquine this weekend. I think they’re seeing the evidence.

Perhaps Wednesday or so we will see good results emerging from the 1,100-person trial in NYC.

49. Bill Dumanch says:

Screw the lawyers who SUE cause the ‘smellz’

PROVE that CALIFORNIA and Illinois Oregon Wash Wisc NEW YORK

USE a LYSOL-grade cleaner again on site in Hotels and public buildings

Real Cleaners for these times

50. nats1mom says:

Wow, thank you Sundance for a very thought-provoking read. This is why I visit CTH first thing in a.m. and last p.m. You certainly have the gift of reaching people and explaining in detail the why’s and wherefores. I appreciate you! (and Treepers too!!!)