February 28th – 2020 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #1135

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Stephanie Grisham Twitter @StephGrisham45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

719 Responses to February 28th – 2020 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #1135

1. rckymtn says:

FYI: If anyone starts feeling sick raw garlic is a must. I’ve been using this method for easily a decade now and its success rate is very good. I very rarely get sick. At the first sign of feeling off, tired, weak, etc. do the following:

1 clove minced-let sit and react with oxygen for 15 mins-this supposedly activates the beneficial chemcial.

in a small cup put a splash of olive oil, lemon juice, and salt if you want for taste. Can use water or honey as well. Take it like a shot and chase with water if you want. For those that maybe can’t stomach that make sure to eat before you do it. I also find taking one before bed tends to work great over night. I often wake up feeling 100%.

Years ago when I had the flu, I was taking 6 of these a day and I recovered 3-4 days before my wife did.

For my kids I get a bigger spoon and put honey, lemon juice and half minced clove on it. They will chase it with water. For them I make sure they eat before they take it.

Garlic is anti-everything (viral, bacterial, fungus, etc.) I’ve used it to cure kennel cough on my dog.

If you are already sick, take 3 a day or as many as you can stomach but keep taking them until you are 100%. Over the years I’ve found that I would start feeling better, stop the shots, next day I felt worse.

ANother option is to chop up and swallow like pills with water. I find the olive oil helps your stomach and with the smell. I’ve also read it helps deliver it into your system.

• PatriotKate says:

You might try Black Fermented garlic as well. I put it in a tonic that I make and take every day (that includes honey, lemon, vinegar, turmeric and other things). Once the garlic is fermented two things happen. It takes away the strong pungent smell/taste of garlic. Most importantly, the fermentation process multiplies the benefits you derive from the garlic. I could not find it locally, so I buy it from Amazon (unfortunately).

• oldersoul says:

I love garlic, especially in many Italian dishes.

Unfortunately, it is not without digestive side effects for some of us, even cooked, especially as one gets older.

Onions are another excellent choice from the ‘old country’ medicinals, if garlic cannot do.

• Chip Doctor says:

I am a Zicam man, and they taste good. A slight sneeze and I run for it. Have a bottle in my car and at home. It’s like my American Express. I never leave home without it. It works.

• NC Mom says:

My daughter swears by Zicam. She travels and takes it and swabs her nose with the Zicam swabs. I also got her (the last) medical grade masks to wear. I told her who cares if people stare…DO IT! She has immune issues so please pray for her folks! Thanks.

• California Joe says:

Absolutely! Don’t worry Mom it’s all media hype. Last year in the United States alone 80,000 people died from the common flu virus and you never heard a word about it! No panic. No pandemic. No WHO. No UN. No Rod Rosenstein’s sister! LOL

• In our household, we are eating at least that amount in our daily cooking routine; usually much more than that.

• steph_gray says:

Hmm, good time to get some chickpeas and good tahini and make hummus with loads of uncooked garlic. I sometimes have digestive issues with it raw as well, but somehow this combo does not do that, perhaps because of cutting it with fresh parsley and lemon juice… Plus fresh hummus is yummy…

• boogywstew says:

I grew up in the NYC metro area and l enjoy halva whenever I have a chance. The main ingredient is tahini. “Halva”, “Halavah”, “Halvah” is spelled multiple ways and pronounced slightly different depending on your neighborhood. It’s a dense, sweet confection that is popular all around the Mediterranean and in Southern and Central Asia.

• 7delta says:

Thanks, rckymtn, for your “recipe.”  I get a garlic product at a local health food store, called Allibiotic, that has extracted the anti-pathogen ingredients and put them in a capsule. I’m sure there are other brand names that can be found by doing an online search. I’m going to try your version too.

Colloidal silver is also an excellent anti-pathogen. It looks and taste like water, but has microscopic amounts of pure silver in it. Silver has long been used for its anti-pathogen properties, including by modern medicine. Silver nitrate drops have traditionally been used in all newborn babies’ eyes to kill any pathogens that may have been transmitted during birth. There are still prescription silver medical products.

Reputable modern colloidal silver doesn’t contain the impurities that caused wealthy European “blue-bloods” to have a faint blue cast to their skin. They may have looked a little blue, but they suffered fewer infections and deaths during the plagues and other disease outbreaks than the general population.

CS can be taken orally, used on cuts and scratches, put in eyes and noses and used in nebulizers. Also, pathogens don’t develop resistance to it. I’ve had very good success using it on pets and people. Saved a rounder of an old cat from surgery for abscesses many times. He lived to the ripe old puddy age of 19.

• cjzak says:

I have used oil of oregano when I start to feel a respiratory illness coming on. It is one of nature’s antibiotics along with garlic and others. A couple drops mixed in coconut oil with honey and cinnamon is easy to take, about a teaspoon full or so. Also, I always have elderberry on hand either in sambucol preparations or a juice. Yummy. My daily routine calls for several cups of green tea, another immune builder.

I have been healthy and able to fight off most respiratory illnesses over the years and I work with children every day. I also have used colloidal silver immune spray at times too. Never have had a flu shot.

I know we are kind off topic but thought I’d add my two cents to these comments😉.

• ibobland08 says:

They sell aged garlic supplements. Those work pretty well and they don’t make your breath stink. I’ve been taking them for years and they really helped my bloodwork and I’ve been getting less colds.

2. Tom says:

Check out AT&T.Has a good dividend also.

3. Jerry Joe says:

Heard recently pardoned Blago on the radio yesterday. He is a chirping away and not bashful about the then President-elect’s involvement in the sale of HIS senate seat; he claims an injustice through the corrupt prosecutor, Fitzgerald – same attorney collecting $5 mil from the U of Michigan to defend its pedofile doctor.

He noted similarities in processes used against POTUS and his Roger Stone style arrest. Most interestingly, he claims the ‘tapes’ that could not be played – having been cherry picked- in his defense remain under seal through court order.

Jack Ryan dropped from the 2004 Senate race soon after his ‘sealed’ divorce proceedings went public.

For historical purposes (sheer irony aside) and now post-pardon, who could declassify, er, unseal these tapes? Anyone? Judicial Watch? Anyone?

4. Publius2016 says:

Rally Day down South!

45 gets to NUKE FAKE NEWS! Crazy Dimm shoots up Coors facility…crickets…

Beautiful and historic India visit and Fake News refuses to cover anything!!

Historic White House Black History Month Celebration…more crickets…

• Mariainohio says:

In the spirit of Black History Month, I would like to introduce you to Shay Hawkins who is running for office in Ohio’s 6th District in Cuyahoga County! I am so excited about him. He is a Black conservative and is dripping with experience. He is handicapped but that doesn’t seemed to have slowed him down a bit. Check him out:

5. rckymtn says:

ATT dividend yield is just under 6% which is great, however just a few months ago it was over 6% so I maybe it gets back up to that over the next week.

ENB-is 6.23% right now has been a great stock over the years for us.

We have targeted funds, stocks that all pay dividends. The goal is to live on the income and not sell principal. I’m still mid 40’s so have a while but in times like this I’m glad I’m not just in growth stocks. Not many of our stocks if at all don’t pay a dividend.

• simplewins says:

I wouldn’t touch AT&T. They are bleeding tv subscribers and their upcoming AT&T TVnow is a terrible business model.

• oldersoul says:

MSFT. One of the best purchases in our portfolio. Paid under $5 for it, and the dividends covered basis in the first few years. Now it is annual income generator, and the cap appreciation has gone up over thirty-fold including splits.

It is presently down a little from the pending Amazon appeal over the big Government contract, which I anticipate the Government will win. But having developed into a tech Blue Chip, you should not lose your shirt on it anytime soon.

• captain Nonno says:

Don’t they own CNN?

• Tom H says:

I have been buying stocks all week. Keep your head while others panic…and you shall be a man my son. Rudyard Kipling/Warren Buffet.

6. The Dark Lord says:

Oh my God … its worse than we thought … North Korea is reporting a 100% fatality rate with the coronavirus …

oh wait … one reported case of infection … so they “quarantined him” North Korea style …

7. Dora says:

More bad news for Joe Biden clan: Judge orders Hunter Biden to appear for sworn testimony

‘Unless his hair is on fire, he needs to be in Arkansas’ to testify

8. Reserved55 says:

Why is Matty Slappy allowing Communists to attend CPAC?

What exactly does the ‘C’ represent?

‘You Guys Are Total A**holes’: Dan Bongino Berates Mediaite Writer at CPAC

“After Bongino’s Fox News hit with Laura Ingraham, I spotted him and decided to introduce myself, given his increasing presence on the network.

“Listen, nothing personal but your site sucks,” Bongino explained after I introduced myself. “Sorry, you guys are total assholes to me.”

“I mean this from the bottom of my heart. Like total douchebags,” he continued.”

• Reserved55 says:

BTW Gavin Mcginniss was forcibly (cops) removed from Slappy’s event.

• Julia Adams says:

Danny B should not have erupted this way. Mediate set the trap, baited him and he fell into it. Mediate will use this stunt video against him by having others complain to Fox to have fire him. I doubt Fox would stand by him. Classic progressive left targeting

• Jim in TN says:

Conference.

The C to end all is Conference.

I don’t know about the C to start all. After all, how many phonies have paraded before the people these past couple decades.

That is it, it stands for Chameleon. People who can successfully blend into any group and pretend to be its leaders.

/S

9. Reserved55 says:

10. Reserved55 says:

11. Reserved55 says:

12. Reserved55 says:

• StanH says:

A Marxist/Fascist/Globalist like Barry wilts in the bright light of truth. President Trump knows this and will batter Barry like he’s needed since slinking onto the national field in 2008. McCain rolled for him as did Romney all ordered by the swamp. But our Great President Trump is under no such gag order and will fire at will. Barry, that loathsome, incompetent, subversive, swamp weasel will get his long overdue vetting if steps onto the political field with our champion Donald J Trump. In fact it could be our VSGPDJT baiting him.

• thedoc00 says:

See my post down thread. Somebody needs to publish the DoJ Guidance issued by Eric Holder that threatened Federal Funding and DoJ supported lawsuits if communities and school districts did not meet some unspecified “racial numerical standard”.

Biden may have made one of the very few near truth statements utter ya democrat candidate so far.

13. Co says:

Remember the Pope slapping the Asian gal for pulling on him and now the Pope looks sick j/s

• Linda K. says:

This communist Pope was brought in after the last one was forced out. I think Benedict(?) is still alive. I always thought Obama and friends wanted the Pope, who is greatly influential in highly Catholic countries and South America, to be a political activist and stir up the poor in Latin America.
      So, if Frances is sick, just sayin, you don’t mess with God.

• treehouseron says:

Wouldn’t that be an incredible one? He caught the CoronaVirus from slapping someone!

• thedoc00 says:

Robert Ludlum wrote a great novel about “two popes”, The Road to Gandolfo. Pretty humorous and great partner to “Road to Omaha”, which Liz Warren would like /sarc.

14. CM-TX says:

Good News:
    (Supposedly, more Lawsuits to follow)

| Donald Trump’s reelection campaign filed a lawsuit against The New York Times alleging it engaged in ‘libel’ against the president

The lawsuit stems from a March 2019 op-ed
    It claimed Trump had a deal with Russian President Vladimir Putin to help him win in the 2016 election in exchange for relief to Russia once he was in office

‘The complaint alleges The Times was aware of the falsity… but did so for the intentional purpose of hurting the campaign,’ a lawyer for the campaign said |

Bad News:
    This must be the “Justice” contingency plan– since NO ONE is being held accountable CRIMINALLY! 🤨

15. Reserved55 says:

Be careful

16. Ivehadit says:

Scott Adams says: FORESHADOWING

Samuel D. Finkelstein II
    @CANCEL_SAM
    NYT interviewed 93 superdelegates.

84 said they’d ignore a plurality of voters, and instead pick someone who “we could all get behind & celebrate.”

Candidates they suggested:
    • Nancy Pelosi
    • Chris Coons
    • Sherrod Brown
    • Mark Warner
    • Kamala Harris

• FofBW says:

Always wondered who those “all” are?

• jumpinjarhead says:

Bring it.

• thedoc00 says:

This will sound odd, but the way Mitt Romney is acting lately it is possible the Democrat Party attempts the Uni-Party route, with Mitt and Mooch Obama as apprentice for 2024.

Not that it works but it would be novel with the message of “UNIFIED” ticket that has allot media appeal. Mitt is allot smoother and sophisticated than Styer, Bloomberg or Biden. Plus, he doesn’t have the baggage of Hillary. Given Party rules are already amended to allow a non-member to be candidate, Bernie Sanders (I-VT), the path already exists to draft Mitt or somebody like him. The democrat party puppet masters are businessmen and they understand the need to bring in an outsider CEO on occasion.

• Linda K. says:

Mitt Romney would run in a nano second, if anyone asked him. He might even go for VP behind Bernie.

• thedoc00 says:

I don’t see Mitt or any Uni-Party Mitt clone playing second banana to Bernie and that combination also does not solve the “Socialist-Communist” boogie man in battleground states. Bernie will be given a cash and a cabinet post to keep his followers focused on RNC targets. The democrat party puppet masters always yanked the “top dog” of the ticket back towards the center for now obvious reasons.

• TarsTarkas says:

Romney would only bring in the Never-Trumpers who won’t for POTUS anyway. And it might inspire some fence-sitters to vote R out of anger at his duplicity.

• thedoc00 says:

Your comment actually defines a problem for the RNC. Mitt or a Mitt Clone for sure brings the #neverTrump folks (that includes allot of money by the way) and he puts every fence sitter in play. The RNC, by recent indications, is just now beginning to wake up to the need for better, younger candidates down ticket to exploit the President’s popularity. The president’s margins in allot of states is still razor thin and this also creates a “down ticket” issue at the State (Senate) and Local (House) election levels.

• cheering4america says:

NYT interviewed 93 superdelegates.

So does this explain how the Kenyan, whom most people at the time had never heard of, got foisted on us?

17. Reserved55 says:

What is Jack Black?

18. rckymtn says:

Royal Dutch Shell dividend yield is 8.5% right now…nuts

19. Clara says:

Very little spread and only 2 deaths reported so far in Hong Kong, which also has one of the lowest smoking rates in the world. In China, where half the male population are chain smokers, high death rate among adult males. ZERO deaths so far reported in China among infants and children under 10.

I think Coronovirus is primarily a threat only to the very old and to SMOKERS. This is the story that’s not being told, for some reason.

• Hmmm... says:

Living in Wuhan equates to smoking a pack a day at least. The air pollution in China is out of control. Seems likely it was a factor in the number of deaths there.

• Clara says:

If air pollution were a big factor, children would be dying too. Coronovirus may in fact prove to be exclusively a smoker’s disease.

• TarsTarkas says:

I believe lungs compromised by smoking contributed to the high death rates in London during the 1952 smog disaster. Up to 10K died during the event or as a result of it.

• Linda K. says:

This flu can bring on pneumonia . When I was a kid my mom used a product on us called “musterole. It is like Vick’s vapor rub but hotter, made with mustard oil. Like the old time mustard plaster, but it really clears your chest cold out and clears your sinus too. I think they stopped making it, but a retro company might have it. Works!

20. Reserved55 says:

****Scholar****

“The investigation of Stone relates to the charges that the president abused power by soliciting foreign intervention into our election and that he obstructed justice in trying to hide that “high crime and misdemeanor.”

21. Sherri Young says:

22. Right now Mike Pompeo is being grilled by House members regarding the eradication of Soleimani.

The Dems seem to be mourning the terrorist as they attempt to bait Secretary Pompeo into openly divulging classified material.

It’s (another) DC SHAM hearing

• Greg1 says:

It would be epic if Pompeo made the observation about democrats mourning the terrorist and asking them if the world would be a better place with him still alive and killing Americans.

Actually, it would not surprise me if Pompeo did something like that.

Trump would!

• jim says:

Dow down 779.

• Hmmm... says:

Should rebound on early next week. This moves too slowly to sustain this level of panic. Things are actually beginning to improve in China from what I’m hearing. I’m not in China but nearby. We’ve been dealing with this for a while now and the recent reaction in the US is overblown (and a bit late really)

• amjean says:

My opinion is that most of the market is overvalued and needs a correction.

I realize that the dems need a recession for the election and hope this panic
        doesn’t lead to it. Facts don’t matter when the libs intend to destroy….they
        glomped on the coronavirus as if it is their savior.

• antiqueiron says:

Personally, I don’t think they glomped onto this, I think they instigated all this. Too many co-inkydinks. Look at the puzzle pieces. Chinese military, deep state, the Fed, Wall street, fake news etc. And look at possible results. Stocks tumble, 410k’s take a major hit affecting everyday people (Trump voters,) economy declines big time as people stop spending. All at election time. Just like 2008. After all we’ve seen, does anyone think this is all a random series of events brought on by Chinese people eating bat soup? I don’t. It’s another coup attempt.

Elements of the US government conspiring with the Chinese military, (we know they are talking to Iran, why not China) the Fed,(Trump’s been critical,) Wall street, (Wall St to Main St. economy,) etc. to take down Trump. What would cause anyone to doubt that scenario?

• thedoc00 says:

Funny thing is that it may be one of the only near truths told by a democrat candidate so far. It would be interesting if the RNC or even Biden posted Holders DoJ guidance that WAS distributed and threatened States, Communities and School Districts with the removal of Federal Funds and DoJ supporting lawsuits against them if their quota of minority resident and/or students did not match some non-specified numbers. Those threats had nothing to do with any acts discrimination, and were based purely numbers.

It is one of the few good things done AG Sessions, to rescind that guidance. Sadly, many communities or school districts still behave as if the guidance is still in effect to hedge their bets against being the test case for the “numeric standard”.

• MR52 says:

That does not sound like Obama’s voice on that. Is it?

23. T2020 says:

God bless POTUS!! God bless America!!!

24. Hezbollah supporter, Ilhan Omar now accusing Secretary of State Mike Pompeo of endangering US Diplomatic personnel in the ME by asassinating Soleimani, while not providing adequate warning to embassy personnel.

Pompeo has already put this into perspective by observing that the Iranian theocratic regime has been waging warfare against the US for more than 40 years now.

Dems seem to be saying that “We shouldn’t attack Iran or we’ll provoke a delayed retaliation”

LOL

The Iranians are ALREADY attacking our soldiers and interests wherever and whenever they can. FAILURE TO RESPOND will only embolden them further!

• thedoc00 says:

Secretary Pompeo needed to add that Obama’s democrat administration put the terrorist bulls-eye on his back. the President was just executing a designated terrorist attacking US people.

• cheering4america says:

When the Dems ignore testimony and just keep repeating something, it is only because they are trying to form a narrative which fits an agenda for their friends the NYT to print – and they will imply that Pompeo said it, thereby trying to make the Trump administration guilty of whatever new non-crime crime they have engendered.

• cheering4america says:

Oh, and Ilhan Omar is really going to scream bloody murder when CAIR and the MB are officially declared terrorist supporters here in the US. Unless, you know, she’s been convicted and DEPORTED by then.

• Greg1 says:

It would have been fun had Pompeo asked Omar and her fellow democrats to apply the same criticism against Obama for taking out Bin Laden.

Nope. They would not know what to say.

• Robert Smith says:

Well, Democrats are waging a proxy battle against Trump for enemies of America. Iran has a most favored nation status among the diplomatic corps of the DeepState and O’bama acolytes.

25. Piper77 says:

This stock market sell off is getting absurd. Total panic.

• thedoc00 says:

This may not be the “economic” damage intended by President Xi. Just wondering if this a reversing of the fake 2008-09 Financial Crisis, whereby the US Federal Government funded Wall Street to clear their books to finance overseas ventures (especially an “emerging” China) with trade deals (like TPP) being structured to put NAFTA on steroids.

This maybe a version of cutting losses in China to move on, after China fully dropped the Panda mask by nationalizing too many things and making an example out of selected foreign firms. Problem is this type of activity will take at least 2-4 quarters to complete (still being a campaign issue in November).

26. Lanna says:

I got a weird phone call yesterday. I still have a land line, business purposes. Caller ID showed it was from a small CO town, prefix was a CO prefix. It was a recording notifying me of the GOP caucus on Saturday, 3/7, supposedly from Caucus GOP.

CO changed to primaries instead of the caucus system (due to the 2016 mess) and the primaries are on Super Tuesday. We have mail-in or drop-off ballots. I already voted in the GOP primary, dropped off my ballot on Thursday. Voted for POTUS, of course.

I don’t know if this was some democrat disinformation or incompetence (intentional or otherwise) from the CO GOP, but I’ll be calling their office later today to ask if they’re aware of anyone receiving calls like this.

27. Hmmm... says:

Good sign. I’ve thought all along that at some point some journalists (even at WaPo) would realize they need to be on the right side of history when it all comes crashing down. I never dreamed it would take over 3 years. If Durham is looking into crowdstrike then it is gonna crash assuming he isn’t crooked. Having looked into crowdstrike a while ago I think it will be absolutely shocking if it is revealed the extent of what they have been up to. The DNC is just the start…

28. Don Trump Jr (Live NOW at CPAC)

“Tech giants are manipulating your internet search results to control public opinion”

29. dawg says:

Have they fired Rod Rosentseins sister yet???? FFS!

As as soon as she said that about “not ‘if’ but ‘when'”, ALL the media outlets ran with it, and the sell-of began.

30. Declan says:

Stock Market is utter insanity right now.

31. Bill says:

A buddy of mine that is Dem who lives and works in NYC just sent me a very encouraging text. He said he was on the bus in NYC this morning on the way to work. Him and a blue collared Hispanic guy started chatting. He said the conversation ended up getting into politics. The guy told my buddy that when Trump first got elected he was very upset because everything they were saying about him on the news made him scared about what Trump would do to the country. He then told my buddy that, now, he’s VERY happy with Trump. Says he’s a better president then Obama and both Bush’s. He’s excited to actually vote for him in his second term.

My buddy, the democrat, said this isn’t the first time he’s heard stories like this, but this interaction just cemented in his mind that Trump is going to win again. He said just looking at the guy, never in a million years would he have thought he was voting for Trump. But I guess in the mind of lib, they only judge books by the cover (or color).

The news may be all doom and gloom folks, but where it matters is out in the real world. And in the real world, Donald Trump is the MAN. KAG

32. Reserved55 says:

LAWDY

• steph_gray says:

It’s okay though, since only half of the Americans who used to get to his rallies are available now.

(He stated this week that roughly half the American population – 140 million – has been killed in gun deaths since 2007. In case you were wondering what happened to those neighbors on either side of you…) 😆😆😆😆

• wildsailor2018 says:

I bet this is some attempt to criticize Bernie where the armed security personnel forcibly removed the topless woman protestor from one of Bernie’s rallies.

So Biden would have no issue sharing the podium with a nude woman and would chase any man away so she could stay, eh? LMAO..what a putts….

33. MR52 says:

Folks, I am concern that Wikipedia is rewriting history. I was looking at who Brad Parscale was and notices a link to Timeline of Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections.

Checking this link out, it is so full of miss information. This is new information starting in 2019.

They regenerate unfounded sources to claim valid source.

Example:
    Marc Elias, a lawyer at Perkins Coie and general counsel for the Clinton campaign, takes over funding of the Fusion GPS Trump investigation. He uses discretionary funds at his disposal “and does not inform the campaign about the research.”

It is the way they say it that makes it false.

What they leave out is also an issue – following the link to Agalarov.

Example:

Agalarov’s son, Emin, helped arrange Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya’s June 9, 2016 meeting with Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner, and Paul Manafort in Trump Tower.

What is missing is Natalia’s connection to GPS Fusion and that I would guess is Natalia used Ermin to get in the meeting to spy on Trump versa a meeting coordinated for the Russians via Natalia.

As the Washington times indicates:

“A Russian lawyer who has employed Fusion GPS says co-founder Glenn Simpson”

Social media continues to be a challenge and the enemy is working harder than ever. The own the Main Stream Media and has total control the main social media sites. We need to find alternative ways to get the true.

• MR52 says:

Sorry:

“They own the Main Stream Media and has total control the main social media sites. We need to find more alternative ways to get the truth out.”

• Liberty Forge says:

Wikipedia is no different than the Main Stream Media.

They lie constantly by omission.

Facts are troubling things, so to rebut them — those same facts just don’t exist.

Voila’ — reality distorted!

• You’re not wrong about Wikipedia. Just about ANYONE can edit their entries until they’re locked. It’s (sometimes) a decent place to BEGIN an inquiry, but “Deep Dives” elsewhere are always necessary to reach an informed opinion.

Basically, Wikipedia is pablum for low-info Wokesters.

• Nepanyrush says:

Wikipedia is good for non-controversial, non-political topics. On controversial/political topics they are consistently left, anti-Republican Party, and intolerant of opposing views. They typically lock these articles rather than allow an opposing viewpoint.

Invariably, my efforts to provide balance on articles still open to public edits have been met with my edits being reverted, and reasons cited such as The Washington Times (which has broke many stories, but is conservative) is not reliable. And I hold a Ph.D. and my edits were all scholarly and backed up. Doesn’t matter. Left-leaning advocates want to influence society and they control that medium.

• wildsailor2018 says:

Wikipedia is open for anyone to edit (actually, I am not sure it is anymore but it certainly used to be). I can see that it is a target for activism by any group that decides to coordinate itself. I myself have edited pages on Wikipedia in the past.

• thedoc00 says:

Lot of great comments follow, but this is not new and has been going on for at least the past 10+ years, once folks realized how “open” the articles are to editing an the subjects of the articles always wanted to “set the record straight”. It is also pretty easy get articles unlocked if you have the “right” motives for doing so.

A couple of the folks below very correctly point out:
      1. It is a good place to start, if for no other reason than to sharpen the search terms used.
      2. Many of the non-political topics are actually quite well covered and documents with great linked sources. Sadly, allot US History and Government has fallen out of the Non-Political category.

34. gsonFIT says:

Rep Brian Mast (Fl.) is impressive

35. rondo123456 says:

BAD ACTORS ARE CRASHING THE MARKETS: To Stop the Current Short Sale Attack on the Stock Market President Trump Must Reinstate the Uptick Rule

Bad actors are using the Coronavirus news to try to cause a market panic.

They are making a killing by short selling, and they are going to tank the Trump economy.

• kaste668 says:

Wall street vs Main street. Most of main street is probably not worried since they have jobs and are now working. Don’t panic and be patient. It will all work out.

• Co says:

Margin calls . I remember recently Obama said this was really his economy. Will he take ownership for the totally manipulated corona sell off? I still stand firm that china has the cure. No way do they make a bio weapon without the cure for the “selected” cheers

• T2020 says:

Post that on Twitter POTUS feed. He will listen.

36. Most recent poll of South Carolina Dem voters says that 15% are “Undecided” over WHICH candidate to vote for.

Really?

How far out of touch are those people? Are they unfamiliar with Sanders’ Commie sympathies, or with Biden’s waning mental capacity? Are they HOPING Mike Bloomberg will tell them something they WANT to here, so they can vote for HIM?

At this point, why do they plan to vote at all?

They’re beginning to sound desperate, like lonely drinkers with a table full empty beer bottles and no one to “take to breakfast” while Fleetwood Mac wails mournfully on the jukebox:

37. Reserved55 says:

House Democrats blocked the resolution in a party-line vote Thursday, with two Florida Democrats skipping the vote despite previously criticizing Sanders’s comments.

Reps. Debbie Mucarsel-Powell (D., Fla.) and Donna Shalala (D., Fla.) did not vote on the resolution, though both voted on the item immediately following it and Shalala spoke on the House floor just minutes before missing the vote.

38. NJF says:

39. Reserved55 says:

40. TJ says:

Alex Jones exposing details of the Roger Stone case in DC

41. MaineCoon says:

Embedded in this tweet is a 40-page Report or a joint WHO-CHissa mission on COVID-19.

This is important: Report of joint @WHO-China mission on #covid19 has just been released. Guess I know what we’ll all be reading today… https://t.co/WczAJeMG8B— Kai Kupferschmidt (@kakape) February 28, 2020

• thedoc00 says:

The only problem with anything published by the WHO is that they have changed stories a few times with respect to this outbreak. Before being expelled from China, it would be surprising that the WHO suppressed allot of the early news, being claimed by “new releases” from China Inc.

An outbreak of this type disease inside China Inc.’s borders would have been big news if properly reported. Also, makes one look again with suspicion at Bloomberg TV as their Asian Desk is heavily pro-China Inc.

42. sunnyflower5 says:

43. sunnyflower5 says:

44. sunnyflower5 says:

President Trump retweet

• Nigella says:

Dropped to 47% today.. I just don’t understand it…

• oldersoul says:

95.3% of public media polling data is complete propaganda.

The accurate polling you very rarely see, because it is eye-watering expensive and internal.

• wildsailor2018 says:

Well, who is *home* during the day *during working hours* to answer the *land line* and has the *time* (20-30+ minutes) to answer a poll? Obviously that demographic is shrinking every day!

• thedoc00 says:

You forgot to add, that most folks are flooded with so many marketing and media calls that they flat kill the call or just do not answer.

Given I am retired and active on-line, I get the feeling some of the call center employers use my number as a training metric. If a trainee gets past hello, they get high marks. I usually do not say word after picking up the phone because most marketers and scam artists these days use two-hop voice activated call systems. I force the caller the make the 1st move, quite humorous sometimes.

• annieoakley says:

I just got a call from a strange cell number that left a message that they had just received a call from MY number. I have not called anyone for several days. Only text messages to family and friends. The voicemail was a first though.

• Robert Smith says:

Because they want to show opinion moves like the DJIA.

45. sunnyflower5 says:

46. sunnyflower5 says:

47. TJ says:

Democrats aren’t showing up to primaries because they’re too busy having fun at Trump rallies.