February 26th – 2020 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #1133

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Stephanie Grisham Twitter @StephGrisham45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

630 Responses to February 26th – 2020 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #1133

1. Reserved55 says:

2. sunnyflower5 says:

3. 3Dollar says:

I am a lurker at this site for over 4 years. I do not post, rather I read and learn. I am in agreement with the main opinions on this site. I do not agree with the downplaying the Covid19 pandemic in the US. Forget that Dr. Messonnier is the sister of former DOJ Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein; her warning about Covid 19 is correct and should be taken very seriously. Please remember what we are dealing with, a WEAPON, designed to kill and cause damage to the targets population and overwhelm and render useless the targets health care system. People do not believe this is a weapon, do so at your own peril. I am not saying it was deliberately deployed but the fact is it is out in the World now.
    I support President Trump, but he is not doing the country a service by not addressing the American people frankly with what we are dealing with. The R0 of this virus is very high. The inclusion of HIV sequences in the genome makes it stealthy and it reappears after it has been supposedly cured. China knows what they are dealing with it is evident by their response. We need a national effort to prepare for the inevitable onslaught of this pandemic and we are not getting it from our leadership. There or only 12 states that have test kits. We have tested less than 1000 citizens. The tests are not accurate. We do not know how wide spread the virus is.
    We should remove our heads from the sand and deal with this serious threat to our nation. By the way, STOP THE PLANES!

• WeeWeed says:

Welcome 3Dollar!

• lolli says:

3Dollar👍
      Spot on!
      Welcome!

• Eric says:

With all due respect, relax. There are only a handful of cases in the U.S. and no fatalities.

I’ve seen an influx of posters on CTH predicting doom and gloom. This is either deliberate or accidental fear mongering, exactly what the corrupt Left is doing now.

The President’s team is on this. And he’s already tweeted out that there will be a presser at 6PM.

• MVW says:

There is no value in minimizing or exaggerating the virus. The source of the virus is not relevant either. The high infection rate plus asymptomatic transmission, porous border, massive interconnection to the rest of the world makes it impossible to stop it.

This is not flu. This is not ebola on a breeze either. The real enemy is being an idiot THEN panicking, having opened eyes too late.

Treat this like a cat 5 hurricane…coming in May. Prepare over time, there is plenty of time to do that. DO NOT rush out and empty shelves to beat your neighbor to it. That is panic and stupid.

The president has not been ignorant and has had a team working on this since January… just in case. The team has taken the position of DELAYING the virus.

And, don’t shoot the messengers.

• The Dark Lord says:

BS this is very much flu like … yes a serious version that can kill the older sicker folks … quarantines work … just like they would with the flu if we chose to panic every flu season … we choose not to quarantine people for the flu …

even in China the young and healthy are not dying … nor are babies …

• like…last night there was fear-mongering to the hilt on this site. I am wondering if people coming here purposely to sow dissent and fear. So far, we have 14 cases of this virus in this country that are not related to traveling to China etc. Wow, I guess I am supposed to afraid.

• abstain says:

Those who use fear as a selling point, never sell anything to me.

• booger71 says:

Unless I see President Trump or his family wearing these…I choose not to be alarmed

• flova says:

This is out and out fear mongering from the deep state. Messonnier told a Harvard Global Health Initiative last year she wants the CDC to be a part of the “coming revolution” with their data and surveillance information. What did she mean? What revolution? She has had leadership positions in the CDC since 1995. Her profile page has “Dr. Messonnier has provided critical leadership to CDC’s cross-cutting laboratory, global health, and surveillance initiatives.”

Meanwhile the data shows even the deaths in Italy, China( approx 2,000 worldwide)are a miisicule amount compared to last year’s and this year’s flu season. And most of those deaths are people who have serious chronic conditions or elderly people with compromised immune systems.

Messonnier is a radical whackjob. Look up her flip flopping on this disease in various youtube videos. That whole family, including her husband Mark Messonnier another researcher at CDC, suffers from Trump hatred.

The most sinister and pernicious statement she made yesterday, sans any data(which is her area of expertise!) was the personal account of sitting down with her children to scare the bejesus out of them. I seriously doubt this ruling class elitist left wing radical subjected her children to this talk abut wants us to scare our children.
          This is all about not letting a virus go to waste. It’s get Trump by any means necessary.

I worked at an ER for 20 years. Every year we had in-services on infectious diseases and the flu. This is no different and much less deadly.

The flu killed 80,000 last year according to Messonnier herself. The overdoses killed 70,000 in 2017 with hardly any mainstream media coverage.

Spreading panic and fear is an Alinsky tactic. And how politically expedient to do it when POTUS and FLOTUS have just been given a great welcome in India. GTH Dr Nancy!

• Somebody says:

I heard POTUS is addressing the nation this evening at 6pm. Obviously no idea what he’ll say.

• CharlesW says:

Well stated, 3 dollar. Wholeheartedly agree with your comment. Trump was foolhearty to suggest this would be over in April when the weather gets warmer. He needs to put a crisis team together immediately–even if options are few. Dr. Fauci said yesterday in the press conference that a vaccine is at least a year away, given the time it takes to conduct trials, etc.

• thedoc00 says:

And you know nothing is being how?? Because Romney and a few corruptocrats plus their media mouth pieces say so?? Take breath or retreat to your basement to wait it out, which ever but spare the theatrics until as real information is presented.

Did you pull your head out of the sand to notice efforts to restrict travel are being resisted by the media and their corruptocrat friends?? Odd that eh …

• wildsailor2018 says:

So, besides shutting down the flights, quarantining the people that are coming from areas with infections, and instituting known methods to lower transmission (learned from the flu), what are we supposed to be doing different?

I will offer one tidbit we need changed, NO MORE charter flights for doctors that subvert the screening process and avoid quarantine. If a doctor wants to help the victims, that is fine, but if they return to areas that do not have the virus they must adhere to the same screenings and quarantines that are recommended for the rest of us. No more “I am a doctor and I know what I am doing” horsepucky. For all the fanfare over this panic, the doctors are part of the problem!

• Libertybella says:

Well I for one would like to see hundreds of thousands of test kits produced and made available asap. That should be a top priority….until we get testing done we have NO IDEA how widespread this thing is already….I guess if we see an uptick in pneumonia that would be a clue.

• lolli says:

Libertybella👍,
          Exactly.
          We do not know because we are not testing. (IMO, this is the sabotage. When we start testing, PT will be blamed for the numbers)

• TJ says:

The good news is, fake news said Putin released the Russia Hoax on the stock market…

Big tech stocks lost more than $200 billion in market value in a day from coronavirus fears

• MfM says:

I’m concerned about the Wuhan Virus, but not in a panic. I’ve been watching it since Steve Lookner on Agenda Free You Tube first reported on it the middle of January.

The one area that I am scared about is the homeless, especially in CA. I’m sure that Trump has a plan for if it gets into that population, which the Dems will not like. That population for the most part doesn’t like authority and aren’t in the best of health. They have nowhere to self quarantine.

When I will be really concerned? When the Mormons in DC start disappearing and not being seen in public. Part of the Mormon tradition is preparedness, in food, medicine and all items that you need.

• fred5678 says:

So … monitor Mitt’s travel plans ???? Watch when he will takes his rifle and rations and heads to the High Uintas. Then he can stay there and resign from the Senate.

• Libertyblla says:

absofinglutely!!!

• Bill says:

3 dollar, the president requesting 2.5 billion in funding to fight the disease is not ignoring the issue. PDJT is on this, and if you think he’s not, just because he’s not standing at a podium in a crowded room yelling “FIRRRRREEE” does not mean he’s got his head in the sand. If that’s what would make you feel comfortable, then you and I have two very different beliefs in crisis management tactics.

BTW, no matter who was president at this time, there is only so much a president can do. And if Trump stops the international flights he will be called a bigot. If he doesn’t he will be chastised for not doing so. So the fact he’s not doing so tells me he has an understanding of what’s going on and this is the path he’s chosen for the time being, based on the information he’s been provided.

• Payday says:

So your first post in 4 years is to warn us to continue with the hysteria?

• TJ says:

A new strain flying around the world faster then bird flu is TRUMP TRAIN FEVER(TTF).

It’s EXTREMELY CONTAGIOUS, but it can be used to cure TDS.

The CDC was worried about TTF a few years ago, because people stop watching fake news if they catch it, so they recommend staying away from daily doses of MAGA nutrients and/or KAG supplements.

-Nov 9, 2016: Atlanta CDC Employees Express Anxiety Over Trump’s Win

She said she’s worried Trump might appoint public health leaders who may not be in total support of mandatory vaccinations, pointing to Dr. Ben Carson or Florida Governor Rick Scott

• kaste668 says:

54 people = .00000015% of the US population.

• G. Alistar says:

Zero US deaths. I think it relevant to note that even in “ground zero” Wuhan, China the percentage of deaths due to the Covid19 virus is 2-3%. Unless the Chinese government is lying, possible??? Still, in Europe, the USA and other Western nations with modern medical capacity, the numbers of deaths seems to me to be exceedingly LOW? People, governments, the market, the media and humanity in general are bothered by uncertainty. This uncertainty aspect is contributing to the fear.

• Bob says:

Very clever….how many people and locations in China…..they are sending out bogus numbers using FORCE to get their people to comply to save them selves. We could call it Bernie effect…..because he doesn’t have the intellect to cope with an issue like this.

• jeans2nd says:

Your reliance on Communist Chinese data is your first mistake.
      Has Communist China really allowed WHO researchers into Wuhan?
      No. The scientists were kept in a 5-star hotel in Bejing and given “data” and “reports.”

Were you aware the coronavirus testing kits are made in China?
      Face masks and other medical equipment, including aspirin, penicillin, and other meds, are also made in China.
      China just nationalized those American-owned industries. China is now exporting nothing.

The deaths from coronavirus stay at a steady 2.1% We lose more people from the flu than coronavirus every year.

Best to read and research with an open mind, 3Dollar. Were you aware no one in the U.S. has died from coronavirus? That our total infected has remained at 14 for over 2 weeks?

Pleased to meet you, 3Dollar. Enjoy your stay. Keep asking questions.

• InAz says:

Agree, 3Dollar
      Some are dismissive and flippant about the Corona Virus.

When my son was in 3rd grade he had Influenza A. He was a healthy child, and that virus made him very very ill, and we were very worried. Took three months to completely recover. He remembers and said he never wants to go through anything like that again.

Thanks to the corrupt politicians who loathe humanity and seek all the world’s money and power for where we are at today.

• willthesuevi says:

Perspective – The CDC estimates the current death toll, IN THE USA, for the 2019-2020 influenza flu season is between 16,000 and 41,000 people.

The Ebola panic
      Y2K
      Mayan Calendar
      Global warming
      Aids
      Africanized Honey Bees infestation
      Death of American Honey Bees
      Swine Flu
      Avian Flu
      Aliens

Lots of panic. I guess if it gives meaning to your life to be constantly scared, go for it.

The numbers don’t support it.

I am done being a wind up toy, so the media can increase their viewership and or readership. I am in a high risk group. I am going to travel cross country on an airline tomorrow. I will take smart precautions, just like everyday. Not worried in the slightest.

For those of you who are going to yell for links, here you go.

2017-2018

• Doppler says:

I tend to agree, 3D, and have found the history of the last pandemic in 1918-1919 to be instructive. 1.5B people in the world then, approximately 500M (one third) got the disease (a swine flu strain) and 50M died. A 2 year V curve impact on the economy and society generally. China claims new infections are now declining, which will be the main test of whether isolation/quarantine efforts can succeed. I tend to doubt it because some people carry and spread it without symptoms, some people evade isolation, only a tiny fraction of places can even test for it, and, of course, politics distorts reporting.

A vaccine and various treatments are likely to reduce the impact in the US, but it has a good chance to be an issue in the election. The incumbent has the most exposure, so PDJT should take great care to take and express wise precautions. His stock market was overdue for a correction, and trying to flog or tweet it back to ever-recurring new highs is unlikely to work, and exposes him to looking foolish, if the pandemic drives everything down through to 2021, as history suggests will happen. I hope not, for all our sakes, but none of us has experienced a real pandemic.

• amjean says:

President Trump has initiated a task force to deal with the crisis. You can bet your
      sweet behind that much is being done behind the scenes. Do you honestly think
      President Trump is lacking in the intellectual prowess to 1) realize the threat potential
      and 2) work to find a vaccine or medicine to combat the threat?

There is no epidemic in this country at the current time. Go about your business
      until such time comes that the EVIDENCE indicates an escalation in the US.

• The problem is that the media has over-hyped every single disease and virus for the past 40 years, and I expect that 2020 is no different than the past 39 years that they have done this to us.

I am completely tuned out. I fast forward through any news story that talks about it. When the number of deaths in the USA gets anywhere close to that of the flu, I might start paying attention.

• The Dark Lord says:

if it was designed to kill it sucks as a weapon … good lord … its the fricking flu with a bit of extra juice for older, sicker patients …

• TexanInFL says:

I believe the President will be addressing it tonight. I don’t think POTUS is “downplaying it”. He’s just not screaming “Fire” in a crowded room. Panic serves no purpose.

4. Mr BiG Time says:

Ground report from SE Michigan…

Commercials run non stop for the Dem senate Peters and Dem house Slotkin. (They both can be beat)

In addition to the Bloomberg commercials of coarse.

5. Mr BiG Time says:

Ground report from SE Michigan…

In addition to the Bloomberg commercials of coarse.

6. “For me there was a fork in the river, and it was right in the middle of my life. I never meant to go into politics. It wasn’t my intention when I was young. But I was raised to believe you had to pay your way for the blessings bestowed on you. I was happy with my career in the entertainment world, but I ultimately went into politics because I wanted to protect something precious. Ours was the first revolution in the history of mankind that truly reversed the course of government, and with three little words: “We the People.” “We the People” tell the government what to do; it doesn’t tell us. “We the People” are the driver; the government is the car. And we decide where it should go, and by what route, and how fast. Almost all the world’s constitutions are documents in which governments tell the people what their privileges are. Our Constitution is a document in which “We the People” tell the government what it is allowed to do. “We the People” are free. This belief has been the underlying basis for everything I’ve tried to do these past 8 years. But back in the 1960’s, when I began, it seemed to me that we’d begun reversing the order of things — that through more and more rules and regulations and confiscatory taxes, the government was taking more of our money, more of our options, and more of our freedom. I went into politics in part to put up my hand and say, “Stop.” I was a citizen politician, and it seemed the right thing for a citizen to do. I think we have stopped a lot of what needed stopping. And I hope we have once again reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There’s a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: As government expands, liberty contracts.

Nothing is less free than pure communism — and yet we have, the past few years, forged a satisfying new closeness with the Soviet Union. I’ve been asked if this isn’t a gamble, and my answer is no because we’re basing our actions not on words but deeds. The detente of the 1970’s was based not on actions but promises. They’d promise to treat their own people and the people of the world better. But the gulag was still the gulag, and the state was still expansionist, and they still waged proxy wars in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Well, this time, so far, it’s different. President Gorbachev has brought about some internal democratic reforms and begun the withdrawal from Afghanistan. He has also freed prisoners whose names I’ve given him every time we’ve met. But life has a way of reminding you of big things through small incidents. Once, during the heady days of the Moscow summit, Nancy and I decided to break off from the entourage one afternoon to visit the shops on Arbat Street — that’s a little street just off Moscow’s main shopping area. Even though our visit was a surprise, every Russian there immediately recognized us and called out our names and reached for our hands. We were just about swept away by the warmth. You could almost feel the possibilities in all that joy. But within seconds, a KGB detail pushed their way toward us and began pushing and shoving the people in the crowd. It was an interesting moment. It reminded me that while the man on the street in the Soviet Union yearns for peace, the government is Communist. And those who run it are Communists, and that means we and they view such issues as freedom and human rights very differently.”–President Reagan on last night’s debate

7. Reserved55 says:

Democrats: The Party of the Mega Rich

8. Reserved55 says:

9. Reserved55 says:

10. FPCHmom says:

If she gets picked for the VP running mate, she will eventually need to address this –

• Garavaglia says:

I was told my entire life I had native blood..even photos to “prove” it. Story after story. Had my DNA checked (ancestry) and nada Native indian. I’m white as white can be. I was surprised too. My mother looked catatonic when i showed her the results. She thinks the results must be inaccurate. It is what it is. I suspect that, although it’s kinda cool to think we have an interesting, “colorful” story..most of us are just plain old lily white…lol. Old photos prove nothing, btw.

• IGiveUp says:

yeah. makes me think of now-demented, former nitwit Biden, who, desperately looking for a hyphenated identity or some touch of minority, could only come up with having a black friend (Obama) LOL!

These whites who fall for this stuff and play along need to be culled from the herd anyway. No use spreading disease among all the animals.

• wildsailor2018 says:

I checked my blood last time I had a cut…it was red just like everyone else. Gosh, I must be human after all. The only people that care what % ethnic minority they are are those that care about identity politics or are looking for some personal benefit it will deliver them.

• Garavaglia says:

Had mine checked just in case I ever get the opportunity to visit where my peeps come from. Would be interesting. Also to get the facts out for my family. I was surprised, had no reason to doubt what I had been told,but there were some inaccuracies. Warren jut did this to advance herself, out of greed.

• Bubby says:

Sailor you checked the wrong thing! Check your skin color if it’s white you’re a racist according to the Democrats and corrupt msm. That’s what Democrats always look at first is skin color then party affiliation.

• DiogenesVindicated says:

Welcome to the CTH Liz!

• TJ says:

Was the company that checked your DNA owned by Pocahontas’ Ex-husband, Chief Sitting Bull—-?

The development of one of the algorithms that uses genetic information to determine racial background was called the “Warren Project”, after its lead geneticist Jim Warren. Warren founded FamilyTreeDNA, a direct-to-consumer genetic testing company.

• Jim in TN says:

Those tests have developed a reputation for inaccuracy.

Oddest thing to me is their failure to recognize that the math is highly constrained to the use of fractions that are powers of 1/2 and that have to sum to 1. Of course things start to get complicated. After all, as you go back in time, the people available to be our ancestors are exponentially shrinking, but the number of ancestors are geometrically expanding. But that just means we are all inbred to some degree. And, those ancestors start to spread out in time. Your great great grandfather could have been born before a different great great grandfather’s father was born. But the math is still fixed.

If it helps any, my dad’s test said there was more indian ancestry than the family accounts implied. But the fraction could not be made with the powers of two available for the generations of people that have lived since the Mayflower. (I phrase it that way since all computer generated numbers are based on powers of two.)

But, just how do my genes get split up to my children. Each child gets a different subset from their father and from their mother, so each is different and unique. So since these tests pick gene sets to watch, maybe a family of children with an indian great grandfather are not 1/8th anything. Only on average will the set of indian genes show up as 1/8th. And the measurement accuracy will be limited by the size of the set of genes.

Say N=16. 4 kids might have 5, 7, 9 and 11, not necessarily 8, 8, 8 and 8. But even if it always halved, grand kids have 4, great grand kids 2, great-great grand kids 1. 1/16 is the best this hypothetical test can do. Or 6.25% The great grand kids who came through the kid with 5 may only have 1 and those that came through the kid with 11 may have 3 or 4. The test would be wrong. Off by an entire generation. And this test is perverse because it is measuring something that disappears. You can’t know how many generations has 1 gene hung on. If I have one Indian gene, I may pass it on or not. I could have a great great grandchild who has that gene. By my hypothetical test, that child would have the same ‘indianness’ as her great great grandfather, 1/16th. Her siblings would have a 50% chance of being descended from indians, at least using my hypothetical test. While most of her cousins, second cousins etc. could never show up as indian by that test.

So, don’t trust the tests, don’t trust the family stories, and take genealogical claims with skepticism. (Lots of records are not perfect, nor are they tied together accurately, but even if a son was born to farmer joe and wife mary, it does not necessarily mean that farmer joe was the real father.)

11. Reserved55 says:

Paging Dana White,

All that’s needed is an octagon.

12. OhNoYouDont says:

Coronavirus: Dems Rooting for a Global Pandemic
    January 30, 2020 – By Jeffrey Folks

Russiagate didn’t work; Ukraine didn’t work; the economy is growing at a healthy rate. Nothing works against this president — but maybe the coronavirus will do it! That seems to be the attitude among liberals in the U.S. media. So what if a few million die a miserable death? We’ve finally got something that will stick.

After all, the coronavirus is Trump’s fault …
    —–
    Pelosi and Schumer have also been beating the coronavirus drum. They’re calling for a “public health emergency” and increased funding for the Centers for Disease Control. Democrats under Nancy Pelosi have been in charge of the budget process in Congress from 2007 to 2011 and for the past two years.

Why haven’t they increased funding for the CDC? They seem to be interested in public health emergencies only when they think it will hurt President Trump. If they were really worried about public health emergencies, wouldn’t they have done something already? And why aren’t they doing anything now except trying to impeach the president?
    _____

Trump health officials defend coronavirus quarantine, travel restrictions
    BY NATHANIEL WEIXEL – 02/07/20 05:43 PM EST

The top official from the World Health Organization (WHO) earlier this week said there was no need for measures that “unnecessarily interfere with international travel and trade” and might increase fear.

The Chinese government has also accused the U.S. of spreading fears and reacting inappropriately to the virus.
    —–

• MfM says:

Nancy Pelosi should be worried about the homeless in CA. The homeless are my biggest concern for this virus to spread quickly.

• Tseg says:

Every day the ratio of Dead to Cured decreases, down to 9%… a week ago was >50%. The common flu annually in the USA kills 12K-56K people over the past 2 decades. Less than 3K have been killed globally by this virus and ZERO in the US. 57 infected in the US, because THE DEEP STATE flew half of them in a week ago from out of the country, behind the President’s back. Expansion of infected in China has nearly stopped and outside of China has been +300 to +400 a day for a week… the exponential curve is just not revealing itself. I’m not dumb, I bought some durable foods recently, just in case, but the facts are getting in the way of this pandemic story.

Supposedly the threat with this illness is the lungs/breathing. If one has ever been to China one knows about 95% of Chinese smoke like a chimney, and daily most are breathing >100ppm particulates (toxic by US standards). Hundreds of millions of Chinese already have significant breathing challenges. I have to believe the mortality rate in China would far exceed countries where smoking and pollution are greatly reduced. The flu sucks, but “the numbers” don’t look a lot different than a flu season… may the technical mechanics at the molecular level are. This is just not looking catastrophic at all to me.

• Ray Runge says:

You make far to much sense for the twisted panty crowd to ever give you the time of day.

Shrieks of despair and out of context woe are the new addictive social responses in a faltering culture

• willthesuevi says:

Thanks for the clarity.

My daughter is connected with Humanitarian Aid Organizations and is telling me that most aid organizations are saying that modern countries with current medial practices will be OK. Small impact.

The highest risk are third world and under developed countries with substandard healthcare. For example ; all those countries who are participating in China’s Belt and Road Initiative.

• Randy Blain says:

The common cold is a coronavirus. Effective treatments for this strain have been high vitamin C doses and oxygen therapy. It’s effects are also mitigated by elderberries which stop the virus from attaching to cells. Tobacco is not such a bad thing. The smoke kills pneumococcus and tuberculosis bacteria on contact. That is why the old sheriff gave his prisoners a smoke. So tuberculosis would not consume them.The WW1 and WW2 doctors would prescribe a few cigarettes to sry the lungs out when a soldier had trench sickness..damp environment. Many indigenous cultures consider tobacco a gift for the elderly as it has mitigating effects on Parkinson’s type diseases as it keeps the dopamine receptors firing.

13. convert says:

I am thrilled to hear that the President is going to hold a news conference about the virus. I wish his briefing w/Congress hadn’t already happened: another unforced error.

I hope he is armed with numbers and specifics and concrete plans to deal with potential quarantines if that becomes necessary, the drastic shortage of masks, gowns,gloves etc. as well as possible shortages eventually of antibiotics since all this has been outsourced from the US, and the persistent ranting in the media about supposed drastic budget cuts to pandemic preparedness. I also hope he keeps the criticism of the media to just a mention- point out their ulterior motive and move on. The American people ARE concerned about this and he shouldn’t “scold” them for that. Reassurance, facts, and good practical advice from a confident and knowledgeable leader is what we need! That will shut up the media hysteria better than anything!

• thedoc00 says:

Go back to your bunker and wait for the all clear.

Have you noticed lately that every precaution ordered or suggested by the president is resisted by the same people bleating out the disaster or has logic left you as well??

• RobInPA says:

Are implying ‘doc’ that it would be fool-hearty to prepare for a worst-case scenario even at a basic “prepping” level?!

• thedoc00 says:

Never said not take the proper level of common sense precautions and actions to get ahead of the issue. Yet, spreading panic is the objective of this entire biological attack by China Inc. and that is the what the democrat party, some Uni-party members, Wall Street, Media and so called health experts are doing. The comment I addressed is a panic message and I point out the two-faced messages f panic and resistance being issued by these same people.

• willthesuevi says:

I am with Doc on this.

If this is what it took for someone to be prepared for a disaster, natural or otherwise, then they have not been paying attention.

Do you realize how many people die each year because their prescription is incorrectly prescribed or filled? Any idea how many people die in the US each year from something they contracted while in a hospital for an different problem? Search it. You will be amazed.

Meh, I will save my outrage, fear and hand wringing for something worthy.

If Corona kills more Americans this year than regular old influenza, I will eat my underwear, on video, and post it here.

• Tl Howard says:

He needs to stick to a script. I know he will have the CDC mucky mucks there (the CDC is a body pushed around by pols, sad to say), but POTUS’ proclivity to speak extemporaneously is not advised here. Hyperbole is a no-no.

• Debra says:

Just heard some Congress critters believe $8 billion in resources need to go to combat this virus.

Sounds to me like the Dems need an infusion of laundered cash to be competitive in the upcoming elections.

All that Wuhan currency being burned and all . . .

• lurker99 says:

There is concern.

In southern NH, 3 local drug stores (CVS,Rite Aid & Walgreens) are out of stock of surgical masks…… for weeks now……

• convert says:

Nothing in my post suggests or promotes panic at all. People have a lot of questions and the insane, partisan, profit-driven media is the one trying to stoke panic. I am glad POTUS is going to address it and push back with facts and leadership. You people who love to come on here and attack and denigrate people who are on the same team can bite me.

14. TJ says:

Let the Oppression Olympics begin!!!

Woke Cult-ure Victims Unite!

• Bubby says:

America’s greatest strength is our God given unalienable rights, our freedoms and rights come from God not some governmental authority! Diversity for the sake of diversity is a fools errand!

15. Reserved55 says:

16. FPCHmom says:

17. Judge them by their fruits

Trump – huge accomplishments, best president in our lifetime
    Lindsey – mixed bag, protected Kavanaugh, often supports president, but also protects swamp
    Barr – complete trash, 100% aligned with swamp, no indictmens of coup members, Trump supporters are attacked ruthlessly, zero transparency

• G. Alistar says:

Trump, hated by the democrats.
      Lindsey, hated by the democrats.
      Barr, hated by the democrats.
      What am I missing???

• gda53 says:

“Barr – complete trash, 100% aligned with swamp’

Which is why he came along and saved PDJT’s a$$ from Mueller and certain conviction in the Senate.

Short memory, some people.

Barr may be rather swampy, but he’s got one foot on dry land.

For some there’s only black or white. No grey.
      Naive, much?

• Mueller had no evidence. Nothing, nada. You can count it as an accomplishment if you squint your eyes.

But everything else, ZERO indictments for the coup, Trump supporters indicted, false evidence put on them, threats (Flynn son), stacked justice and lead juror (Stone case), not a single declassification, Judicial Watch blocked every single step of the way, etc. etc.

If we are keeping score, we are losing by 1 to 100 with Barr. So yes, maybe he is not 100% black, only 99%.

Show me other accomplishments by Barr if you can.

• gda53 says:

You can claim Mueller had no evidence till the cows come home – they were still going to pin obstruction on PDJT until Barr came along.

Be honest with yourself for heaven’s sakes.

Denial is a river in Egypt.

• I gave one point for the Mueller thing. Yes, he did confirm that there was no obstruction.

What else did he accomplish? Results?

There was a goddamn coup and there still is against the President of the United States. We have evidence of crimes (lying to Congress, lying to FBI, leaking and much more) and not a single perpetrator unless he supports Trump has been indicted. Not one.

The evidence is already there, no need to do an “investigation”.

Getting back to my question:

What other accomplishments does AG Barr have?

• gda53 says:

If you don’t think saving PDJT from certain impeachment and conviction is a HUGE accomplishment, then I guess we just have to agree to disagree.

For me, if he does nothing else, he’s got my vote as one of the heroes of this administration.

What other accomplishments does he have? Well, we’ll just have to wait and see, won’t we. Appointing Durham may be a HUGE one.

It took Rudy HOW many years to wrap up the mob? This is a LOT more complex.

People I respect seem to trust him. Devin Nunes, Sydney Powell. Oh, let’s not forget PDJT.

I do find myself aligned most often with the opinions of the lawyers among the CTH faithful. At least they seem to understand the need to tamp down on unrealistic expectations.

• DiogenesVindicated says:

Mueller reported no obstruction because Barr made him issue the report. The thing I haven’t reconciled about Barr is that he seems to have all the right enemies, CTH Barr criers excluded, but I agree that he hasn’t accomplished much more than my first point, .

• Having the right “enemies” is a game the swamp has been playing on us for decades. We heard how opposed Clintons and Bush were and all the “fights”, but then we find our they are part of the same club, are best friends and that we are not part of the club.

The only reliable indicator is the actions and results of an individual.

The Bible IS full of wisdom. “By their fruits you shall judge them”. It doesn’t say “by their enemies shall you judge them” as far as I know.

• TJ says:

Pardon my naivete.

Do you think Barr will save President Trump from the current Russia Hoax and then save him from the impeachment hoax after he’s re-elected by Russians?

“Obviously we know the Russians are continuing to try to choose our next president like they chose our last president.” – Hillary Clinton, Germany, Feb. 2020

-Video: Hillary Clinton STILL Blames Russia For Her Loss to Trump

18. HB says:

I received an RNC census in the mail the other day.

The questions were all about our favorite things Trump has done, what issues we regard as the most important, and what I would like to see done. There is a write-in line that I’ll write, “End the Federal Reserve.”

At the bottom, in large print, it asked for a donation. $200 I think. If that was too much, they wanted $40 to cover the cost of dealing with their own census. It’s maybe 15 questions.

I’m guessing they’re running out of donations with the President personally receiving them. I hope so.

19. FPCHmom says:

If the republicans are smart, they will use “Bought by Bloomberg” against all of those freshman congress members.

20. FPCHmom says:

• thedoc00 says:

Keep in mind, that political parties and elected officials are the new opiate to quell the masses, replacing religion in Karl Marx’s original work. Money is spent by the wealthy elites per the span of control to be gained over the electorate in an election district or area.

Look at a top 20-100 donors list. There is not a single rich donor (except labor unions) who do not donate 50-50, 60-40 or 70-30 to Both Parties depending on the need in specific economic-geographic areas.

21. CTH Fan says:

Funny thing that, Bloomberg buying seats in Congress. Was he the real impetus behind the impeachment sham? Bloomberg is a New Yorker, as is Schumer and Clinton. The odd one out is Bloomberg who is a rabid Republican Never Trump guy from the Establishment Republican Cabal. It looks as though he is trying to buy both parties.

I wonder whether there will be a competition between Bloomberg and Soros in coming days as to who owns the Socialist Democrat party. Hence the Bernie vs Bloomberg fight.

• IGiveUp says:

Sanders is a godsend for Bloomberg. The longer Sanders leads the longer Bloomberg survives. Fear of Sanders is what makes Bloomberg a viable candidate. McConnell type Repubs/Wall Street/ lib Suburban voters/Chamber of Commerce/Never Trumpers/ Jews/Gays plus 2/3 of Dem party would support Bloomberg.

I think Bloomberg is the most difficult candidate for Trump to beat (however, I wonder if his being Jewish will disqualify him no matter what similar tohow Buttgieg’s gayness disqualifies him.) The trumped-up Trump hatred is so intense that people may temporarily drop their deep-seated prejudices in this case of deep-state/media induced “national emergency.”

• thedoc00 says:

Keep in mind that Bloomberg is not unique among the mega-rich and financier puppet masters. Look at the top 100 list of business and individual donors (even Bloomberg) and it will be seen they ALL donate to both parties, biased on a regional basis depending on level of financial-commercial concern they have in a region.

Politicians are the new PAID opiate of the voters and keys to unlock the public and/or commercial piggy bank of a region or government entity.

The really interesting twist I suspect in July 2020 is Romney switching parties, if he is unable to remove the President from the RNC Nomination. He would be a much smoother brand of “Compassionate Capitalist” than Bloomberg plus he adds a Uni-Party look to presidential ticket if he is accepted along with Mooch Obama (being groomed for a 2024 run as incumbent VP).

• John55 says:

>>”The odd one out is Bloomberg who is a rabid Republican Never Trump guy from the Establishment Republican Cabal.”

He’s not a Republican of any sort, and never really was. He temporarily joined the Republican party for a short time as a matter of personal expedience. But he’s too far to the left even for the GOP Establishment.

• IGiveUp says:

“But he’s too far to the left even for the GOP Establishment.”

I think that’s a very debatable statement. In addition, I don’t think you’d get an honest answer from Repubs about Bloomberg–meaning they may not admit publicly to being willing to vote for him since he’s running as an ostensible Dem.

• PE LOUSY is saying she is OK with -SANDERS !!!!!!!!!! who bought her soros…???

22. Reserved55 says:

23. Reserved55 says:

24. pyromancer76 says:

Yes, the Corona Virus actions in the U.S. are very important. Let’s follow our President as well as prepare at home. However, the central issue before us is renewal of FISA. Does any American have any privacy?

So far this a.m. only one mention: CM-TX says:February 26, 2020 at 8:45 am

| Lindsey Graham Still Has NO HEARINGS SCHEDULED on FISA Court Abuse or the Historic Obama Spygate Scandal and cites Gateway Pundit.|

Why comment on Dem debate when the FISA renewal issue is upon us, breathing down our necks.

Sundance has a long explanation about what needs to happen – and how the deep state appears to want to run out the clock until FISA renewal is a done deal – in silence. Please read and shout about this to the roof tops and to every Rep and Sen a billion times.

Send this post far and wide.

Clobber Sen Lindsay Graham. This MUST be stopped.

Thanks Sundance

25. Reserved55 says:

26. TJ says:

“Pete is the future.” – Barack Obama

ICYMI

27. Reserved55 says:

mini mike’s minimum wage mannequins

28. Reserved55 says:

29. TJ says:

I’m Barry Buttigieg and I approve this message by Peter Soetoro.

30. Co says:

I am convinced China has the vaccine for the virus. Bio War Fair is never developed unless there is a cure for the “chosen”. This is what New World government and control looks like. I am nauseated and as a healthcare worker we will see a run on the ER’s US wide (if the CDC keeps this up with their scare tactics) with idiots that think their sniffels are Corona. In response the Contract Medical Care teams (kinda like US reservist) will start setting up tent areas out side the main metropolis Hospitals and the UN will offer their help gladly to get a foot in the door. Who does the UN report too?…Who gives the UN their marching orders? This IMO was the insurance policy. Bio chemical and Economic war fair go together. President Trump is running point and I trust he will hold a firm hand on the helm. I am so disgusted this AM. This is all in my IMO and thanks you for entertaining the content of my post. God Bless America! PS I am educated in critical thinking. This is what I am leaning toward without facts.

• G. Alistar says:

IDK

• CTH Fan says:

My thoughts exactly. Thank You. There was a reason President Trump said that the virus would be contained in two months. As always, President Trump is very well informed about his enemies and knows their moves. We too must already have a vaccine almost ready to go in anticipation of such circumstances.

IMO President Trump needs to flatten the Democrat hype. I mean now, before they do more damage.

Time to bring out the MAGA sledgehammer and take control. The Master Statesman is home.

God Speed Mr. President.

• Debra says:

In my gathering of all that has been bandied about:

N. Korea was threatening a Christmas surprise. Two benefactors: China and Iran. Kim was posturing, and ‘stuff’ was going on behind the scenes. China positioning itself to be the ‘savior’, Iran finagling for some prominence, and the U.S. knows all of this, thus holds the cards as to the disposition . . .

31. MILupper says:

Yesterday Chuck Schumer called for $3.1 billion of gov. funding to fight the corona virus.

Today Chuck Schumer disagrees with Chuck Schumer’s demand yesterday of $3.1 billion and now wants $8.5 billion.

By Friday Schumer is expected to demand $125 billion to fight the virus.

• Co says:

and who will he funnel that money to. Lucifer never changes his intentions.

• thedoc00 says:

Folks need to recall that only a fraction of the funding allocated, to the CDC, for the last two major health disasters was actually spent by the CDC. The money was socked away as a slush fund, much like the funds stashed away in the Warren’s Consumer Protection Organization.

Congress went nuts when the President removed these obligations from the books and/or wanted to reallocate it to an actual crisis.

Allot of the so-called “cuts” in the President’s budget is actually removal of obligations for unspent money, to remove redundancy or remove necessary automatic “percentage” escalations built into budgets by the bureaucrats. Nobody mentions that the money for level of actual services to legal citizens did not change.

• Jim in TN says:

That makes things more clear. It is time to scare up a new slush fund.

Frankly, much of government is funded by scaring up money from Congress with the promise that we will be prepared should something happen. Since Congress funds things annually, such agencies need annual scares. And there is a symbiosis between agencies that need to scare up funds and news media that need to scare up viewers.

But Congress is not stupid. They know most of the scares are over hyped, if not just hype. And they know that you can’t really prepare for most of the real scares. But, you can’t be seen as doing nothing. So, fund a little slush with the funds you give to the scarers.

But never miss an opportunity to win votes by politicizing any issue that comes your way.

• jimboct says:

What I want to know is what is the money needed for? We already have the labs and scientists to research the virus and begin testing. We have the gene sequencers, the monkeys and rats to test. Hell we even have the gloves and masks.
      I’m all for money to combat the virus. But what will the money be spent on? Increased border security? Enhanced security measures? Subsidies for lost income? What is it needed for and how much? Please do not include the pork wishlist in the appropriation bill.
      Maybe enforced clean up of homeless camps (breeding grounds for all manner of sickness ).

• thedoc00 says:

I have personal knowledge that the scam run for the last two major health crises was to provide funds and expertise to state and local level for updated lab equipment, surveys, establish response teams as well as provide medical augmentation to response teams.

The CDC DID NOT provide but a fraction of the effort they claimed the money would be used to provide. Also, just as with the current health crisis there was a massive over-reaction and panic with NO ACTUAL COST ASSESSMENT done.

essentially the CDC says give me a boat load of money and I’ll figure out how to spend it. It was an all or nothing panic request, these scum didn’t even consider an incremental approach to funding (as needed).

32. Reserved55 says:

33. minnesotamike55 says:

Look forward to Trumps presser tonight but that won’t stop the stupid stampede caused by media over inflating the effects of Coronavirus. Remember Bill Maher hoping for recession? There are evil people out there hoping for a disaster in order to hurt Trump. I wouldn’t be surprised if some lefty with the virus purposely walks through a homeless camp, because they care so much.

Not yet mentioned but if the virus gets into the densely populated slums of Africa, it will be a nightmare. No cases there yet but it likely will spread. On the positive side, there are experts saying that this virus acts much like a flu and that when weather warms up, it will subside at least until next winter when we should have a vaccine.

In the meantime, all you people who think you’re too busy or too important to be quarantined better just put up with it and think of someone other than yourselves for once!

• Tl Howard says:

“On the positive side, there are experts saying that this virus acts much like a flu and that when weather warms up, it will subside at least until next winter when we should have a vaccine.’

Last I read (yesterday), that is simply a “We hope” statement. There is no data to yet suggest it’s true.

• Andy Krause says:

This is true the data isn’t there yet. It’s more than a we hope statement. It’s based on other viruses with a similar signature. It doesn’t always hold true, you can get a summer cold. I’m on the optimistic side.

• Jim in TN says:

Hope Trump points out how Congress was dragging the country through the gutter shampeachment while he was acting.

34. If we promote the idea “judge them by their fruits”:

– We would only send people to Washington that accomplished something in private life
    – Would be able to completely defeat socialism and communism because people would look and see that the results were always bad in socialism and communism. People would stop listening to the nonsense of Bernie, since he never actually accomplished anything.
    – Would protect people of good will like President Trump, because he wouldn’t be judged by his words (which I personally agree with but some don’t) but by his actions and results (which are the best of any president)

• G. Alistar says:

Yep and thousands or millions of democrats who have trumpeted (no pun intended) Russia, Russia, Russia for the past three years would see the absurdity of their nomination of a communist for their choice for POTUS. Or on second thought, is a portion of Bernie’s support from democrats who have flipped to President Trump and are trying to nominate Bernie who has little to no chance to win?

35. Universal Observer says:

DHS Deputy Secretary office has just put out a memo announcing the appointment of a Presidential Transition Officer to oversee materials and “prepare the organization for any changes that may occur if a new President takes office”.

hmmmm.

36. MAGADJT says:

This “pandemic” hype is a way to drag down US GDP so that they can try to take away POTUS main platform for re-election and also try to hammer him over response. They are counting on the citizenry to fall in line like lemmings and panic. The Chinese are aiding in this effort by using it as an excuse to restrict production of goods thereby further depressing GDP. This is plain and easy to see. I’m not saying the virus isn’t real, but I think the machine is trying to panic the population beyond what is reasonable.

• kaste668 says:

Remember, “there are Trillions of dollars at stake”. The Socialist Dems and never Trumpers are thrilled when the markets crash. They have been wishing for that for the last 3 years.

• TheWanderingStar says:

“…Socialist Dems and never Trumpers…”
        I hope many of them (and any suckers who bought the hype) panicked and locked in losses for the year. A teachable moment to be sure.

• Stock markets always have “options traders” who buy and sell “puts” and “calls” which gamble on which way the market is going to move .. up or down. Obviously plenty of speculators will be placing bets on … and yes, encouraging … reports of a pandemic. That would be very good for business. Always bank on the end of the world as we know it.

• TheWanderingStar says:

What you say may be true. However, if the Chicoms restrict production that leaves the door open to other countries to step up and establish new supply chains. With negotiations still to be finalized in India, UK and EU et al on trade, it would be the perfect storm in accelerating the decoupling process from the Chicoms. In addition, the Chicoms need cash (USD), their banking reserves are stretched thin and don’t forget about the tariffs that are still in place.

• MAGADJT says:

The problem is they can’t just start production of a particular good overnight. It takes time to get facilities up and going, train workers, buy equipment & raw materials, etc. Improving security of the supply chain is a longer term proposition.

• dawg says:

Exactly.

37. Reserved55 says:

Trump Thumps Sanders in Head-to-Head Matchup

“The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds Trump earning 50% support among Likely U.S. Voters to Sanders’ 43%. Seven percent (7%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)”

• IGiveUp says:

I think it’s Trump-Bloomberg that’s the issue. Many repubs and all “never-Sanders” voters would vote for Bloomberg–in a NY minute!
      And once Bloomberg gets a sufficiently hypenated-American(optimum case a sexual, religious and ethnic minority) running mate, even tougher to beat.

What’s the polling on that scenario?

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Nope! Even with a black female running mate at least 25% of democrat voters wouldn’t cast a ballot for the billionaire Bloomberg under any circumstances. Both Bernie and Bloomie would be significant losers against Trump, but for different reasons. Democrats are facing a lose-lose situation and they know it.

38. bertdilbert says:

No details yet…..

BREAKING NEWS: Federal court rules Trump admin can withhold grants to NYC, 7 states over cooperation on immigration policy. Details to come.

39. Reserved55 says:

• Carrie says:

Wow- this was a great rant from Tucker taking down Judge Amy Berman Jackson. He just doubled down on the criticism about her. Then he interviews Pirro about Judge Jackson too.

40. Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

One side effect (perhaps the main purpose) of this new medical hysteria, mania & panic has been the near total collapse of the Hong Kong Freedom Movement. One Chinese vlogger pointed out that solidarity street protests had just recently started happening inside greater China at the city of Wuhan, the same place that this current flu outbreak reportedly originated.

41. Dora says:

• Shelley Childs says:

I’m kind of under the impression that he’s gained the lead over a relatively small amount of votes cast, or are the numbers typical for primaries?

• John55 says:

I don’t agree. Bernie is not any more dangerous and deadly than the other Democrats running for President. And he’s likely to be easier than some of them to beat in the general election.

42. WeThePeople2016 says:

• WeThePeople2016 says:

Woot!!!

• can someone tell me what these articles say because I cannot access as I use private/incognito mode

• bertdilbert says:

NEW YORK — The Trump administration can withhold millions of dollars in law enforcement grants to force states to cooperate with U.S. immigration enforcement, a federal appeals court in New York ruled Wednesday in a decision that conflicted with three other federal appeals courts.

The decision by the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Manhattan overturned a lower court’s decision ordering the administration to release funding to New York City and seven states – New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, Washington, Massachusetts, Virginia and Rhode Island.

The states and city sued the U.S. government after the Justice Department announced in 2017 that it would withhold grant money from cities and states until they gave federal immigration authorities access to jails and provide advance notice when someone in the country illegally is about to be released.

Before the change, cities and states seeking grant money were required only to show they were not preventing local law enforcement from communicating with federal authorities about the immigration status of people who were detained.

• It makes me very angry that “sanctuary” and so-forth basically serves to support and enable human trafficking. Which is: “a crime against humanity!”

Nevermind the 13th Amendment: “slavery” and “involuntary servitude” are alive and well in 21st Century America. Businesses want “people who cannot say ‘no’ to anything.” They do not want these people to be legal, nor to be afforded the chance to become legal … they want them to be “the people who aren’t there,” worrying every night that “the Federales” are about to bust down their door.

Immigration law is very much intended to protect the human rights of the immigrant from this kind of willful abuse. If you shield these people from the consequence of their illegal status, you are stripping them of this protection. You’re not offering them a residency permit. You’re perpetuating the abuse that is being waged against them.

43. Publius2016 says:

45 has several options on Wuhan 400…45 can turn the process over to the infectious disease experts…

However, I do not recommend turning anything over to these people as many are GLOBALISTS TRUE BELIEVERS!

45 is the face of US leadership so I would love to see Open Cabinet Style Reports in real time

44. WeThePeople2016 says:

• LBB says:

One snip from article.
      “In a statement Wednesday, ABC News said, “Any action that damages our reputation for fairness and impartiality or gives the appearance of compromising it harms ABC News and the individuals involved. David Wright has been suspended, and to avoid any possible appearance of bias, he will be rairplayer2016@gmail.comfeassigned away from political coverage when he returns.”

45. Reserved55 says:

46. jx says:

N.B. RNC –

Florida progressives launch ads aimed at specific Latino groups

Latinos are a coveted voting bloc in the battleground state of Florida — but they’re not one group when it comes to their countries of origin and the issues on which they focus.

To that end, a progressive political action committee has been releasing a series of ads targeting specific Latino groups

47. gda53 says:

Tucker has been good in covering the Coronavirus.

Essentially it would now seem that:
    – in the next year or two 70% of the world population will likely have had this – most won’t even realize they have had it
    – the approx. 2% current fatality rate will likely drop considerably
    – the elderly & infirm are most at risk.
    – we will have cold, flu and coronavirus season from now on

This is NOT an Ebola-type scenario