In an effort to improve page load-time we are breaking up the trial discussion threads.

There will be 24 hours of presentation by House Impeachment Managers (over 3 days); 24 hours of presentation by Defense team (over 3 days); 16 hours of Senate questioning; 4 hours of closing arguments, equally divided; and then a Senate debate/vote on further motions to include witnesses. If there are going to be witnesses, they will first be deposed prior to testimony. No witness testimony will be permitted without first being deposed.

The Senate Trial continues today on day six at 6:45pm ET with the evening session of the second day for the President Trump defense.

Fox News LivestreamFox Business LivestreamAlternate GST Livestream Link

This entry was posted in 4th Amendment, 6th Amendment, Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Conspiracy ?, Decepticons, Deep State, Donald Trump, Election 2020, Impeachment, Legislation, Live Streaming, media bias, Mitch McConnell, Nancy Pelosi, President Trump, propaganda, Ukraine, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

641 Responses to Evening Session, Day Six – Senate Impeachment Trial, Defense Continues – 6:45pm ET Livestream

1. mopar2016 says:

That was a straight up butt kickin right there.
    The dems need a drink real bad, especially the house maggots.

2. Troublemaker10 says:

3. paintbrushsage says:

Great job by Cippolone to take the Dershowitz message and make the Senators choose tonight.

4. Ackman419 says:

I cannot say how utterly impressed I am.
    This was the best 9 hours I have ever spent in my political life.
    I am truly floored, with extra tingles.
    Simply an unprecedented defense of our Constitution and Our Lion.

5. Johnny says:

Alan D. Made one the most historic speeches and lectures in modern times on the intent of our Constitution Framers. I was hypnotized by his clarity and absolute authority of his decision making skills. He has thoroughly researched the questions of the articles of impeachment and took the house managers to the woodshed.

My opinion of Alan D. Has done a 180. The man is definitely a master of constitution law.

WOW

6. A2 says:

Well done Mr Dershowitz, well done.

7. Wethal says:

I hope someone points out to Collins, Murkowski, Gardner, and Romney (and any other wobblies) that if Dershowitz said there is no reason to impeach, regardless of what Bolton might say, and they still want to call Bolton, they’re effectively saying they know more about the Constitution than Alan Dershowitz.

• They do know more; just ask them.

• dilonsfo says:

They are want television time. If they want to know what Bolton has to say then buy his book when it comes out. Besides, the entire NYT article is made up. NYT didn’t see the transcript of the book they just were “told” by those who said they had. Bolton is keeping quiet because he might sell more books if he keeps his mouth shut and lets people speculate.

8. islandpalmtrees says:

I wanted the cameras on John Roberts during Dershowitz presentation. Split screen. C-SPAN2 much better than FOX NEWS

9. Kristin DeBacco says:

Watching Prof. Dershowitz gives me pause that we will not see many like him. I do not understand how a man so for the constitution and what is right can even think about voting for Hillary….
    But I thank him for his righteousness and class tonight.

10. Troublemaker10 says:

I bet Obama has big regrets he ever selected Biden as VP. I never understood it to begin with to tell you the truth.

11. TarsTarkas says:

I caught a bit on NPR of one of the lawyers describing how there needed to be an crime cited for there to be impeachment. Impeachment 2.0 article will include some sort of spurious crime to satisfy the hoax.

12. moe2004 says:

Did Faux show ant of the Derch’s speech?

13. Sean Supsky says:

I hope Sundance can give Professor Dershowitz’s lecture it’s own thread.

That was well spoken. Very well spoken.

14. rashomon says:

OMG. Mr. Ray and Mr. Dershowitz just gave the American people a $50,000 summary of Law 101 for free. While not one LSM gave up time to cover this presentation and the PBS is following up with a slam job, as usual, I hope Sundance has the video for all to watch this review of history and the reason behind the access to impeachment.

Note “Laurence Tribe” and “partisan politics” in their addresses. The Treepers can draw their own conclusions.

15. barnabusduke says:

After that lecture, there was not a doubt in my mind that he absolutely entered into this arena with no political bias. He was amazing and I learned more than I ever expected to. I would have gladly watched for hours!

16. Troublemaker10 says:

17. Johnny says:

Madam Speaker the Professor of Constitutional Law Mr Alan Dershowitz has proven beyond any reasonable doubt that you have broken the laws of the constitution by placing the house above the law. You should be impeached yourself and removed from the United States Congress.

You been proven to be a babbling old hag. You are not suited to be the 3rd in line for the office of President of the United States.

18. paintbrushsage says:

It won’t be Joe that’s called. It will be Hunter. Joe is unseemly.

19. FPCHmom says:

Will Chamberlain’s short video take on today’s presentations.

20. Mist'ears Mom says:

Dersh was brilliant, truly exceptional. Imagined I was sitting in his class. Hope those morons in the house paid attention and realized how absolutely idiotically senseless their position is.

21. sundance says:

22. Texsun says:

Fox News is clearly the enemy of the people. They kept cutting away from the defense arguments today. They are clearly on the side of the Democrats and the globalists. No more Fox for me. Only One America News. This whole exercise is a complete political farce. It’s time to let the American voters decide whether or not to have four more years of President Trump’s exceptional leadership. I’m definitely NOT tired of winning!

23. cow wow says:

Good nutshell condensed version by Neil Pollack on AD presentation tonight, in case you missed it.

24. rcogburn says:

Wow. Alan Dershowitz put on the big boy pants tonight and showed everyone how it’s done.

After the never-ending sewer tactics of Lawfare, Dershowitz elevated this to something that felt important, and historic.

Your move, Adam.

25. Troublemaker10 says:

26. Tiffthis says:

Not wearing glasses anymore *I’ve seen enough*

27. NJF says:

28. paintbrushsage says:

Sure, Liz.

29. amjean says:

We ALL need to defend President Trump by turning off Fox other than
    the morning show, Lou Dobbs and/or Charles Payne on Fox Business.
    Show them who is the boss….not them, we conservatives.
    The only thing they understand is the almighty dollar and we need to take
    it away from them. If we don’t watch, their advertising rates go down and
    they don’t make any money….also, their low ratings will tank and be published.

30. Tremendous day for the Trump Presidency, as we see Sweet Lady Fairness and our constitutional Republic visible again on our horizon.
    Cipollone, interestlingly, implored the Senate to ”reject these articles!”
    That sounds like asking for a dismissal, which is logical for many reasons. For instance, how can someone say, legally speaking, that they were acquitted of a crime that wasn’t a crime? How can the President say he was acquitted of a charge of Abuse of Power, if NOBODY can be convicted of Abuse of Power because the charge doesn’t exist. Logic seems to dictate that dismissal is the only true, legal choice.
    Dershowitz did say, however, that ‘acquittal’ or ‘conviction’ are the only two choices for the Senate, although I question that. In a very real, though technical sense, if the articles of impeachment are dismissed, they would thus be obliterated, as if they never existed, and Trump, in a narrow sense, could claim he was never actually tried because the articles were determined invalid! I never thought of that one, but it is true!
    Think of it. Nancy’s articles could be taken out and burned! Hence, some historians could say Trump was tried and acquitted, but others could say the articles were determined to be invalid, and hence Trump never stood trial for any crime. As Donald the Great himself said, “it’s impeachment LIGHT!”

31. Troublemaker10 says:

32. Dazza says:

When does something positive actually develop for our side?
    Endless media coverage, people selling books, whoring themselves all over the place in the growth industry that is 24 hour 7 days a week political “news”
    Nothing ever happens to the Dems.
    Ever!

33. paintbrushsage says:

Doug Mills is a great photographer, but he seems hateful. C-Span ran his tweet tonight too before the speech. I’ll have to write them about that. The picture was not worth one word of Alan Dershowitz’s love expressed in his speech tonight.

34. JIM COMEY IS A WEASEL_DOUG says:

The Spirit drives the Dream 🇺🇸
    @Joe_Logical
    55m
    Replying to
    @wmahoney5
    @jellen805
    and 48 others

>>>>”I do my own research, I do my own thinking.”

With that one phrase he just went into anon lore as an inkarnation of Kek. <<<<<<

35. Sorry I was late to the party gang, I was watching Idiocracy with Luke Wilson and Dax Shepard. I originally thought it was a satire movie but as it turns out, it’s a documentary. Math is hard…

36. trialbytruth says:

I apologise that I don’t have time to find the video segment. BUT did anyone catch the threat to the senators with families on the take???

I believe it was the presenter after Bondi who went through Hunter and his partners enrichment and how no one knows what he was doing for them. That no investigation took place and that Biden remained the point man in Ukraine

Then he swung into something to the effect that if a high ranking official had family that was making rediculous sums and of money for a do nothing but job they should be investigated.

Sorry I am paraphrasing maybe someone else will have a better memory. 9hrs I am tired

37. Troublemaker10 says:

38. WeThePeople2016 says:

39. History Teaches says:

Realpolitik. What comes next?

No matter how the Dems were exposed wearing the emperor’s (lack of legal) clothes, they do not care. To them it’s just rhetoric that needs to be deconstructed and twisted out of context, ignoring what can’t be used to their benefit.

Intentional cognitive dissonance.

They didn’t listen for content. Just for what can be turned into another attack weapon.

This isn’t a debate about law. The defense team has covered every nuance, both historically and pertaining to this sham procedure. The prosecution and the media will be evasive, regroup and come back with another game plan.

They don’t understand the meaning of defeat. They just keep on going, changing the script but with the same objectives.

Until a meaningful breach occurs in the MSM nothing will change. Imagine a MSM figure of status coming out and endorsing much of what the defense proved today. If they ate humble pie and stated that there are endemic problems with the elite behind the coup. That they were actually misled and didn’t practice ethical journalism. It will never happen, but in theory, the media at some point has to recognize how marginalized and blinded by hate they have become.

• lotbusyexec says:

They should be forever be known as Zombiecrats – They know no laws, rules, morality… They are just empty shells and ideologues who worship themselves and their thirst for power. They will never give in or give up. They must be obliterated and destroyed outright. Their evil knows no bounds and their reach is limitless. We have come to the end of the road. It is truly us or them.

40. SHV says:

I first became familiar with AD about 20 years ago when I happened to see this book at B&N and bought it….excellent read:

“The Genesis of Justice: Ten Stories of Biblical Injustice that Led to the Ten Commandments and Modern Morality and Law”

Kindle is $9.99

• NJF says:

• Tl Howard says:

Dersh was a teacher, folks. It shows.

• Wethal says:

He also has actual legal practice experience. Combine the two and you get an experienced advocate for a client and someone who can explain constitutional law in plain English.

• Revenant says:

This is heartening.

Look — from a very realist perspective, what the Defense needs to do is provide rationales that GOP Senators are comfortable using as a justification for an acquittal. Dershowitz’ reasoning allows a GOP Senator — who may not be convinced as to the factual part of the case — to justify an acquittal vote by wrapping himself in the constitution.

If he accomplishes this, it is a success.

41. FPCHmom says:

Important point argued today. The president’s executive privilege doesn’t go away when impeachment moves to the senate.

42. TarsTarkas says:

Pragmatist: IMO This. Will. Not. Change. One. Vote. For this is a political affair, not a jury trial.

I hope I’m wrong. I hope that the call for more witnesses is defeated and that some D’s vote for acquittal.

But today’s speeches do put on the record in minute detail the political hit job against a legally elected President and his policies. It will give justification to the rebellion that will occur if the Senate does not act according to the law and the Constitution.

And if there is an acquittal, the rush for Impeachment 2.0 complete with a spurious crime will commence immediately, following the same illegal path as 1.0. Because POTUS must not be the Republican Candidate for President. At any and all cost.

43. Hans says:

Let us not forget another fact… these proceedings will provide talking points /video clips for the election this fall. Think about senate races and Alan Dershowitz testimony. …Do away with personal feelings and vote for our constitution… republicans will be airing that clip against any democrats who vote for impeachment’s…it’s not going to go well. I watched PBS and the democratic pundits had no answer to PDT defense. The Lawfare Pundit was lost.. trying to figure what to say.. LOL.

• Dazza says:

That’s nice but we need frog marching and jail time. Lots of both.

• Hans says:

I don’t disagree with you.. we need lots of perps walking..but does not change or lessen the importance of winning the house and senate. Regaining control of the house Intelegence committee and replacing the gang of eight members .

The swamp is deep and wide it will take years to clean up the swamp. The impeachment farce is one step on a long road. Good video showing democrats as haters of our constitution might get some people to rethink their political position and who they vote for… there are many independents who are comming to rallies so there are listeners out there.

• Jim in TN says:

Gang of eight is half Dem half R. As important as taking back the House is, it will not remove the D’s from the Go8. The D’s may finally oust Botox and Pencil Neck, if they lose the House again. That would change the Go8. But they didn’t ditch Nancy for losing the House in 2010. She may not fall for losing it in 2020.

It would be nice to get rid of both Burr and Warner, as well as Schiff, Pelosi and Schumer. I think McConnell would resign if he loses the Senate.

• Christopher Pierce says:

First time poster! Thank you Sundance! I truly appreciate this site! I saw this earlier and had to share! I love good political comedy!

• Ackman419 says:

I went to troll my fave libtard forum and lo and behold … Not a single comment on the presentations. They were still talking about Bolton.
      I let em have it. They’ve got zero arguments against what went was said today.
      So yeah. They are practically speechless.
      But, as mentioned above, they will simply regroup, replan, re attack.
      It’s an existential battle for the Republic.

44. FPCHmom says:

Here is a link to today’s testimony in it’s entirety. Looks like you can scroll ahead to watch whoever you want. I tuned in after Ken Starr, and thought everyone was superb. And Dershowitz was exceptional.

• FPCHmom says:

Also good play by play on Joel Pollak’s twitter. Just click on his name to open page and scroll back to about two hours ago when he finished up with Dershowitz.

45. Coast says:

My wife and I watched all of today’s hearing on TV. I think the defense team did an outstanding job, and I’m hopeful that there could be one or two democrats that have a sliver of integrity and will vote No. Perhaps even Romney and Collins will no longer have the nerve to call for witnesses what is clearly an unconstitutional impeachment.
    And although I totally agree with Pam Bondi’s script, I wasn’t impressed with her delivery, and I know she’s there for nothing more than the political opportunity. She’s an expert on trying to prosecute an innocent man.

46. delighteddeplorable says:

This group of legal genuises turns out to be the Dream Team in ways far exceeding expectations, which were high. No holds barred and no despicable Dim was exempt from fully warranted exposure. Hell, even the saintly (ugh) Zero wasn’t untouchable and it’s about time.

ALL of them are there to accomplish specific tasks and they are hitting it out of the park. While I will be happy to put this fiasco behind us, I can’t help but eagerly anticipate what Sekulow and his legal masterminds will come up with next. Bravo!

47. Troublemaker10 says:

48. Hi Tars Tarkas: This is a happy day here at CTH!
    Of late I’m pushing dismissal now everywhere, and anywhere–plus in my sleep!
    But now you gave me another reason to push it. If they do dismiss, they will be telling all future Congresses that dismissal will be the fate of any impeachment hearing that does not permit due process, or does not petition a court for subpoena power etc. Thus, It will bring the impeachment bar way back up to that high setting where it belongs.