Day Two – Senate Impeachment Trial – 1:00pm EST Livestream…

Day one recap:  A series of 11 rules amendments were offered by Democrat Minority Leader Chuck Schumer.  Each proposal was defeated individually during 13 hours of arguments and debate.  The final rules package, which passed 53-47 at 01:45am this morning, is almost identical to the original draft presented by Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.  The only change was spreading the 24hrs over three days instead of two.

There will be 24 hours of presentation by House Impeachment Managers (over 3 days); 24 hours of presentation by Defense team (over 3 days); 16 hours of Senate questioning; 4 hours of closing arguments, equally divided; and then a Senate debate/vote on further motions to include witnesses. If there are going to be witnesses, they will first be deposed prior to testimony. No witness testimony will be permitted without first being deposed.

The Senate Trial Begins again today at 1:00pm EST, starting with opening arguments by the House Impeachment Managers.

PBS Livestream LinkFox News Livestream LinkFox BusinessCSPAN Link

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Donald Trump, Election 2020, Impeachment, Legislation, Live Streaming, media bias, Notorious Liars, President Trump, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

806 Responses to Day Two – Senate Impeachment Trial – 1:00pm EST Livestream…

1. Robert Smith says:

Thank you to everyone who kept yesterday’s thread updated and entertaining.

• L4grasshopper says:

Second that motion. I TRIED to watch at times yesterday, but my blood pressure got to dangerous levels every time Schiff got up!

• richard verney says:

I am surprised that yesterday’s farce was not shut down on the basis that the applications for amendments was unconstitutional.

Under tha Constitution, the House has the sole power to impeach. It has the sole power to investigate and put together the impeachment case. The Senate has the sole power to adjudicate on the case presented to it. The Senate does not have the power to investigate and put together an impeachment case to be run against the President. There are no do overs in the Senate.

The Senate are simply the jury. In a criminal case, the jury do not start doing the job of the police and prosecutors and put together a case to run against the accused.

The Senate should deal with the case presented. If there are to be new witnesses, since the Democrats already have 17 witnesses in the impeachment file, the President should get 17 witnesses of his chosing, before the Democrats get the chance to call a witness that they did not depose in the House.

• Troublemaker10 says:

I agree. Trump should get to play catch up on witnesses.

• I, on the other hand, want to let the Democrats shoot off their mouths absolutely as much as they please. They don’t yet realize that they are now in a chamber where their own actions are going to be called into account. The Senate tries “all impeachments,” not merely “the person being impeached.” The House has attempted something that is breathtakingly unconstitutional. Fill the chamber with rope and shovels and let them have at it.

• Tl Howard says:

In the days when the fourth estate would publicly indict such behavior and ruin political careers with their op-eds, I can understand your believing that the Dems’ “actions are going to be called into account.”

Today, no. Their behavior further divides the country. There are millions of progs and Dems who know the Dems are lying, but the Dems provide such people cover by pretending to believe what they say. There are millions more who actually believe what they are saying. Sadly, both groups evidently comprise roughly half the voters in the country.

• antiqueiron says:

There should be no witnesses. Present the articles as they are written, that’s it. Schumer is the one really running this, not the House managers. He played the Turtle yesterday by using all those amendments. They got to spout their “evidence” not in the Articles even though they were stopped from trotting out any new witnesses. If Mitch stopped Schumer, then he falls into the “Trump cover up” trap. If Mitch pulled the tripwire, Romney & his other three weasels would have instantly popped their heads up & ruined that. So Turtle had to ride it out. He better have something big planned for today, so yesterday will fade away quickly. Schumer is very good at giving his opponents two losing options. That’s why Republicans cave all the time. Schumer wants to wear them down so they cave…again. Not gonna happen this time. NO reason to panic, we did ok yesterday, we just didn’t utterly destroy them. Yet.

• Cam Heck says:

If I could step into McConnell’s shoes I would get up and say, “I intend to extend the exact same fairness to the Democrats in the Senate process, as they extended the President in the House Impeachment process, including as many witnesses and lawyers as he was allowed. Let me just refer to my notes on how many that was again….. right, none in each case- in the name of fairness and reciprocity, of course.”

2. konradwp1 says:

“Starting with opening as arguments from the house impeachment managers”

Sorry, didn’t the Turtle just allow them to present all their arguments already? Repeats for three days?

Admittedly Pierre Delecto and Miss Lindsay “we didn’t have the votes” Graham probably deserve three days of Schiff, for their crimes against humanity.

3. Minuteman says:

If I was Shifffff I would add the heinous crime of President Trump setting up a defense against the accusations to the Articles of Impeachment, along with any assertions of innocence.

Compared to Shifffffff Lewis Carroll was a piker.

4. Guyski says:

Watching some of this stuff yesterday and last night, I think Mcconnell was very clever in giving one hour per amendment for the dimms to yap. The phrase ‘less is more’ definitely applies here. 😉

5. Conservative_302 says:

Is the kill switch included in the rules?

6. Caius Lowell says:

What a joke, but anything involving Democrats eventually gets corrupted and debased…

• The 53-47 votes on all of Schumer’s “amendments” (bandaids? drip buckets in a violent storm? extra bits of detritus to shore up the leaky dam?) show the absolute illegitimacy of the Senate proceedings, which are just the inevitable consequence of the illegitimate House proceedings.

I am reminded of a scene in the “Friends” TV series, where Marlo Thomas enters the Central Perk coffee shop for the first time, and asks amiably (not an exact quote), “Is it a living room, is it a cafe? Who can tell?”

In like manner, one might ask of this: Is it a joke? Is it a slippery slope, quickly accelerating? Is it a precipice over a bottomless abyss? Who can tell?

• Snellvillebob says:

I wish some Republican would say that on the floor during a televised session.

7. JohninMK says:

I was watching much of yesterday in my office in the middle of England, running the broadcast as a kind of active screensaver, growing increasingly thankful that I was not actually in the room with them and able to get up and go and have a cup of coffee.

Having spent chunks of my life giving IT presentations to senior management, who really didn’t have that much interest or understanding in what I was saying, I saw it all playing out on my screen but in the worst possible way, especially the House Managers HM team.

Instead of short, to the point, logically progressing presentations that a sales team or lawyers in a courtroom would create, partly to keep the audiences attention and partly due to limited time, the Senators got rambling, unstructured diatribes from the HMs typical of politicians. Crazy.

The President’s team did better but still went on far too long. Just because the tome was available didn’t mean they had to use it all. Whilst it is probable that it doesn’t really matter what goes on in the room to those in it as their minds are already made up it will to some outside it.

It is almost as if they are trying to bore or confuse everyone perhaps to the point that a need to get it over with asap becomes dominant and they vote to end it at the earliest opportunity. If that is the case then brilliant strategy by McConnell.

I am sure that the Senators are going to struggle to stay awake. How they must be missing their electronic devices!

• See my other comment; the proceedings are ILLEGITIMATE, and the members are trying to cover up for that by making it sound as important and serious, and above all “by the rules”, as possible. Everybody in that room needs a hiding (an obsolete term, I’m afraid, for the deserved physical chastisement of childishly bad behavior).

• Ray Hardy says:

I would be inclined to use another olde English turn of phrase…..have them thrashed to within an inch of their lives. The lesson might then be ingrained in them.

• Ray Hardy says:

• rojobirds says:

Illegitimate and a colossal waste of my (taxpayer) money. Pisses me to no end.

• willthesuevi says:

rojo,

I like to look at it another way. Every minute they are trying to impeach and then convict and remove President Trump he is allowed to move on his agenda.

One day these megalomaniacal cretins on the left will realize how much President Trump has accomplished while they tilted at windmills. At that point, it will be too late for them.

I posit, it is already too late.

• Austin Holdout says:

I think those with cameras fixed on them are drunk on themselves and not missing electronics at all. Don’t forget they need time to powder their noses and ponder their 30 second campaign spots, Oops! I mean their impassioned responses to each other. The whole lot of them are preening, posturing, power-hungry narcissists.

• RobInPA says:

Billable hours.

• Your Tour Guide says:

Rob

You are sooooo on the right track.

Occasionally we’ll have a high profile zoning
        issue around Atlanta. Generally, one certain firm
        will be involved. The zoning decisions will be delayed,
        rescheduled. Additional hearings will be held. Finally,
        months to sometimes years later, a decision will be
        reached. ALWAYS benefitting one certain firm.

Have always wondered if the arrangement was to
        run up the meter on the billable hours clock.

• Snellvillebob says:

Realize that yesterday was just to decide on the rules of the trial. It was kind of like when the USA and North Vietnam spent weeks deciding on the table for a peace conference in Paris.

• Chip Doctor says:

I have known people in business that have meetings to set up more meetings. Nothing actually ever gets done, but these people appear to be very busy and important.

I have walked away from opportunities because I was tired of this cycle. That company eventually went out of business, but I didn’t.

• steph_gray says:

Monty Python actor John Cleese had a sideline of business training videos. The funniest one ever was “Meetings, Bloody Meetings.” I found it recently on yt.

The DC Capitol is where the meetings that have gone to die from all over the country erupt from the swamp as the zombie denizens of hell.

• trialbytruth says:

I beleive that is the Republican strategy BORE to aquittal. Having come to this point it may be the Dems too.

Ratings i think will determine where the dems go from here. I would love to see the rat8ngs hour to hour over a couple days. I think the paint drying channel will have more viewers

8. Nessie509 says:

All I know is ABC interrupted General Hospital to debate the rules. There goes the suburban women vote.

• Unintended consequences…it look plenty bad, Kemosabee. Me start fire now.

• jimboct says:

Rest assured the msm will only show the Dems presentation. When the Presidents team presents their side, the soap operas will be back on in full force.

• J says:

My wife was home with a cold. She wasnt happy she couldnt watch GH.

• teabag14 says:

OMG! IKR? Where I am my soapie airs at 1AM. Thank heavens for DVRs. I’ll check to see what I got overnight. It could be impeachment. 🤷‍♀️
      I watched quite a bit yesterday and I tried to keep up with the comments here. If I don’t have enough info ( which none of us do who are not in the thick of that quagmire), I prefer to observe. But someone opined here yesterday that she/he thought what the Dims were doing on day one was tantamount to digging their hole. So let them dig. This morning I think that is a very insightful comment. Just as I believe VSGPDJT can use the slings, arrows, slanders, attacks, lies, & false narratives against the Dims for his very successful campaign for reelection, so now the Defense Team has all the guts & detail of this disgusting debacle laid before them to use. The Dims did what VSGPDJT never does. They spilled out on day one their entire battle plan while the Defense Team kept their eyes squarely on the ball. What a gift. Many saw this immediately but I had to ponder. Thanks to those who shared their thoughts. I appreciate your considered opinions & your wisdom. Onward!
      Also, THANK YOU, Sundance, for the recap. I missed a lot & we covered a lot of ground. I loved opening your site this morning & having a succinct recap up first and ready. So grateful for you & all you do for us. ❤🙏

9. spoogels says:

Chief Justice Roberts Admonishes Both Legal Teams After Nadler Accuses GOP Senators of Treachery and Voting Against US in Trump Impeachment Trial

• Publius2016 says:

The Penguin is desperate…tried to bring Chief Justice in…Roberts is many things but stupid? Not a chance…sorry fatman…get to stepping…clock will strike in 3 days and like old fish, OUT YOU GO HOUSE FOOL!

• amwick says:

I managed to hang in there, but gave up just before this happened.
      Pettifogging… I love it…

• Brian Baker says:

Roberts should have immediately admonished Nadler after his inappropriate comments. But I guess by admonishing both sides Roberts gets to show everyone how “fair-minded” he is.

• EJ says:

No way, b/c Pat and Jay came out FIRED UP. It was great because they called the spade the spade that it was. It was really good I thought and effective. It’s great to see a couple of guys “all in” for the President.

• Brian Baker says:

Agree that Pat and Jay were great.
          But Roberts had zero reason to admonish them also for calling out Nadler, which was well deserved.

• gda53 says:

Water it down – just like when Ilhan Omar praised the jihadists for killing jews (or some such evilness) and the House did an amorphous condemnation of…………something, without uttering the evil one’s name.

Remember – you can never condemn a liberal/socialist explicitly. If Nanci came out and said that PDJT’s throat should be slit at the SOTU there might be a resolution condemning extreme language on both sides (but particularly on the Bad Orange Man side).

• steph_gray says:

The only way that Cippilone and Sekulow offended decorum was maybe in a slightly raised tone of voice. Nothing they said was offensive to the truth at all.

Nadler offended decorum by the way he was breathing and existing. Oh and by the pure evil that was coming out of his mouth. Everything our lawyers said was 100% true. He made dreadful lying anti-Constitutional, anti-Senate, anti-Supreme Court, and anti-American statements. All in a day’s madness for this cretin.

I don’t like the schoolmarmy thing of scolding both sides when one is far more guilty of the offense in question.

• guest4ever says:

Yeah, I was annoyed about Roberts doing that. But, we must be fair! spit!

• rayvandune says:

You misspelled “feckless twit”.

• Garavaglia says:

Uh oh, it’s getting serious. TREACHERY! What are we watching, Pirates of the Caribbean?

• drlou007 says:

Roberts showed what he truly is, a weak, spineless individual who will be a useless robe during the ‘trial’ and may end up favoring the HM. Nadler made totally inappropriate accusations against the entire Senate and he chooses to ‘admonish’ both sides. What a wimp.

• mopar2016 says:

Nadler was calling everyone on our side a liar.
      Mr. Cipollone put him in his place with the truth.
      Judge Roberts admonished both sides.

10. I was thinking last night back to 2016 and President Trump’s Gettysburg speech and how at the time I didn’t think the swamp could be so bad as it has been revealed (particularly the press). Impeached or not, President Trump has done a great service in exposing the swamp for what it is.

There is much work to be done, but we need to thank him for taking on this huge task.
    MAGA 2020

Trump’s Gettysburg speech – Oct. 22, 2016

Video
    thttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJniAA4m7Bo

Audio only
    [audio src="http://educate-yourself.org/cn/Gettysburg-Speech-Oct-22-2016-Donald-Trump.mp3" /]

11. burginthorn says:

Would it be fair to assume that once this impeachment shame reaches its logical conclusion, the democrats play is to cry foul that the Senate sided with the President, and they tried all they could for justice? Something like that?

12. beach lover says:

What in the world can they talk about for another 3 days?! Im pretty much a junkie on hearings, and watch most of the sham show in the House.. but I just couldn’t take it. They better cut down the time, because they have to be losing viewers.

This could be done in 5 hours. I hope if we have to sit through this, the President’s lawyers start showing videos of Schiff lying, and other key moments of that circus.

• Publius2016 says:

Today’s addition will have DIMMS accusing 45 of being Russian Manchurian Candidate and White Nationalist Racist and of course, Greedy.

Dimms will also say that 45 was so scared of Slow Joe, he forced Ukraine to investigate Biden’s family corruption.

After laughter in the chamber, Dimms will return to caling 45 unpresidential and mean.

• tommyd22 says:

Actually giving the Dims more time is kind of a screwed move.. The Dims have no factual evidence of anything so the longer they talk the more apparent it will be to anyone with a brain that they are full of Schiff…
      Nancy should have gone with her gut instincts to NOT move forward with this farce. Nancy let the squad ruin her legacy, whatever that might have been, of a life time.. Now Nancy will be remembered for setting off this entire fiasco. I doubt she will take kindly to that..

• TrumpPatriot says:

So true Tommy. Nancy Pelosi established a solid place in history by becoming the first female Speaker of the House. . . . . .and then she permitted partisan errors of judgement ( not to mention the human failure of spite and vindictiveness), to tarnish her reputation forever. History will not depict her as a winner. Of all the actors in this drama, Nancy Pelosi has lost the most.

• guest4ever says:

Oh, that would be nice. I’d pay to see the President’s lawyers show Schiff vids. Course, I guess I already am.

13. Publius2016 says:

How not to get votes and not influence people:

Dimms on suicide watch….

Penguin calls in reinforcements…hopes the joker is on his way!

14. TwoLaine says:

We keep hearing about reciprocal witnesses, if it should get to that, and it SHOULD NOT.

However, it will only be reciprocal if the President’s team gets 1 for 1 of the exact amount of witnesses already deposed by Pencilneck Shifty Schiff in his basement star chamber, PLUS anyone they want to hear from in the Senate trial.

So, if Pencilneck Shifty had 20 witnesses he deposed in the star chamber, then President TRUMP’s Team is already down by 20 and needs to catch up in order for the next stage of reciprocity kicks in.

Oh, and the Ds and Rs don’t get to choose who they pick for their witnesses. That is up to the President’s team and his team only.

• antiqueiron says:

You’re right, there should be no witnesses, but if there are, the House should ONLY get to present the ones they already questioned, NO others. The Articles are the Articles & cannot be changed. They must stand as they are.

15. CTH Fan says:

I was unable to watch the proceedings yesterday because I just cannot tolerate being held captive to Schiff’s stream of lies. I did watch some of the evening shows on fox, something I do not usually do. I was amazed at seeing graphics being displayed by Dems during this first phase.

The graphic clips were short selective clips from documents and were taken out of context. The Dems were conducting the trial already and IMO the President’s team were caught flat footed. I am surprised that they were not ready for this after seeing how things were handled by the House previously.

The President’s team were what one should expect from learned and experienced legal eagles. Unfortunately, the Senate has been taken over completely by the Schiff team, just as the House hearings were, and the Chief Justice and the Senate Majority Leader seemed to allow it to happen.

This was my impression after viewing a few clips. I would imagine the majority of the country might get that same impression. Most Americans have to work and will only be exposed to these short bursts of information. The disinformation games by the Dems continues in the Senate and they will turn the Senate into a circus as well.

I hope the Republicans have a better plan going forward. Keep up the good fight.

• booger71 says:

I disagree. I watched the entire time. The Schifty Team decided to begin laying out their evidence for impeachment instead of just arguing the amendments to the rules of the trial that Cryin Chuck kept admitting for a vote. President Trump’s team destroyed Schiff in all 6 amendments. The trial actually starts today. The Trump Team will get 24 hours (3 days) to continue to destroy the Clown Show Schiff/Nadler is putting on.

• Somebody says:

It’s clear for the most part Roberts intends to be a door stop and just sit there. If he truly planned on presiding over the proceedings, he would have called them out for their arguments not being germaine. They gave extended opening statements yesterday, very little of their time was spent arguing the motions on the table.

• booger71 says:

McConnell used the Clinton Impeachment rules 100% except for one caveat. He wrote in that the President’s team will get to object when Schiffty and Co begins to lay out their case because 99.9% of their case is hearsay. That is why Cryin Chuck was so adamant about getting more witness before trial began…they don’t have a case. Now, we will see if Roberts will sustain or overturn those objections…he will be plenty busy

• butch cassidy says:

I watched this entire schitt show and our team is sticking together and Trumps legal team has been outstanding. The dems are now going to repeat everything they said yesterday for the next 3 days and they will lose support by the hour. Unless something extraordinary happens, this sham is over, it just has to play out and that will only hurt the dems.

16. Bubby says:

“All of the amendments except for one were shot down by Republicans in a party-line vote. Senator Susan Collins was the only lawmaker to break with her party during one of the amendment votes.” – By Kenneth Garger New York Post

What was the amendment Collins voted against and why? Not a good omen!

• booger71 says:

It was the Bolton Amendment. She is the weakest link on the GOP side, and always will be.

• CharterOakie says:

Spreading the 24 hours for each side over 3 days instead of 2 days (my understanding).

• OmegaManBlue says:

Democrats wanted more time on time to respond to motions. Time was like 2 hours. Jay Sekulow argued against it and that they are ready to go. I guess Collins wanted to seem fair or likes lazy government employees taking too long to do work…

• butch cassidy says:

Sekulow was kind of funny here, he looked at Shiff and said so you want to take today off. I believe that Schumer had this planned, he see’s he’s getting smoked, run the hearings late and get today off so they can regroup. To be honest, I thought more repubs would have voted for this just to get the day off. Sekulow played it very smart the way he handled it.

17. Joe says:

Manchin voted with his party all eleven times. Will someone please explain to me again why this asshat is considered a moderate. It’s been obvious ever since Schumer ordered him, with a stern look, mind you, to sit down when Manchin started to stand during the State of the Union speech two years ago that he is a eunuch masquerading as a West Virginia.

18. StanH says:

Just a silly question. I wonder how much is this charade costing the taxpayer? I know a silly question, but could they vote loser pays? Oh that’s right, we pay for it either way. Man it’s cool to get into “public service”. The pay is great, and you can never lose, you play with the houses money.

19. tageweb says:

Coming Up: “16 hours of questioning.” Who, exactly, is asking questions? Who, exactly is answering questions? Now the Biggie: Are the individuals answering the questions, UNDER OATH??? Please answer.

• booger71 says:

No…coming up is 24 hours (3 days) of the Clown Show presenting their case, and then Team Trump gets 24 hours of rebuttal. Then you get 16 hours of the Senators getting to pass questions on paper to either the Schiff Show or Trump Team.

• steph_gray says:

Got it. We can skip the next three days and only need to watch next Monday when our team starts. 🤣

Kidding! I’m not actually watching live, too booked up this week, but I look forward to each and every video clip of every fiery objection our side will get during the 24 hours, assuming I understood the rules correctly… We FINALLY will get to object to the 100% objectionable!

• amwick says:

My understanding is that the questions are submitted in writing. And they have to be approved by the Judge… Seems to be a really slow process, if that is true.

20. libertydemandsmemory says:

Domestic and foreign enemies are waging war against We the People, our Constitution, our Bill of Rights, and our Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness by committing acts of Treason, Misprision of Treason, Rebellion, Insurrection, and Seditious Conspiracy.

Have you reported acts of treason to the President of the United States, judge of US, Governor, or judge or justice of a State?

Have your Senators and Representatives reported acts of treason to the President of the United States, judge of US, Governor, or judge or justice of a State?

If you have not reported Treason, you are guilty of Misprision of Treason, punishable by 7 years imprisonment.

18 U.S. Code § 2381
    Treason
    Death

18 U.S. Code § 2382
    Misprision of Treason
    7 years

18 U.S. Code § 2383
    Rebellion or Insurrection
    10years

18 U.S. Code § 2384
    Seditious Conspiracy
    20 years

We pay public servants to protect us and our Constitution, but they betray us by willingly giving their allegiance to and protecting Criminal Institutions of America.

For more than 70 years, the Thief State has waged war against us and our Constitution with continuous coup d’etat attempts, unConstitutional “laws”, assassinations, disruption campaigns, “color of law”, theft of tax monies, freedoms, land, natural resources, peace, security, and dreams.

Predatory inter-generational crime families.

One crime = theft

Criminal AGs, Committee Chairs, CONgress, Directors, IGs, SPs violate their sworn allegiance to our Constitution and willingly choose to protect other criminals and their Criminal Institutions of America.

What can we do?

Report Treason.

Demand that elected public servants also report Treason.

7:57am

• Judith says:

Who takes the report?

• libertydemandsmemory says:

No specific form is required to report Treason.

You may use your own words, your own style.

Letter, e-mail, text, phone call, social media.

For example:

@POTUS
        President Trump,
        I am fulfilling my duty as a United States citizen by reporting to you, as required by
        18 U.S. Code § 2382,
        Misprision of Treason,
        the following act(s) of Treason:

White House.gov is another possibility.

Warning:
        Any attempts for US citizens puts us at risk of retaliation by members of the Thief State who want to maintain their highly profitable, highly predatory status quo.

Is there a local judge or justice of the peace whom you trust ?

9:54am

• libertydemandsmemory says:

Warning:
        Any attempts by US citizens to do the right thing puts us at risk of retaliation by members of the Thief State who want to maintain their highly profitable, highly predatory status quo.

Let us lift the veils of deceit that the protectors of Criminal Institutions of America use to hide Truth.

10:04am

21. I think that Schiff & Co. did a beautiful job of shooting themselves, behaving in the Senate as they every day do in their own chambers and simply assuming that everything’s okay. That the Senators are not going to cross-examine him and demand answers that he’s not going to want to give.

For the past four long years – since well before PDJT was nominated – this country has endured a “Schiff show.” They have been violent, accusatory, rude and vulgar. When they finally passed their precious Articles, they celebrated. They trampled upon the customs of their House and denied the rights not only of their quarry but also their colleagues. They brought their Articles forward only after seeking further manipulation, this time of the Senate.

They’re not going to get their Schiff show here. But as for me, I want to stack long coils of stout rope next to the Democrats’ desks and put it under a structure made of strong wooden beams with thirteen steps. I want the Democrats to talk – to say absolutely anything and everything they want to. And then, when they’ve used up all that rope, let the cross-examinations begin. Our nation has plenty of questions to ask them. Under oath.

22. Effem says:

If they were to vote for witnesses (unlikely), what are the rules for approving each witness?

23. deepdivemaga says:

Good on the Republicans for sticking together and voting TOGETHER on all amendments to the rules. This is a great start, and shows that Mitch has the reigns. I must say, after yesterday, I am much more optimistic about this whole debacle.

24. amwick says:

I wonder if we will see continued pettifogging?

25. Jim Comey is a weasel_Doug says:

Thank you. But because of the MAGAeconomy, I’ll be busy working today.
    That’ll allow me to continue to continue to make contributions to VSGPOTUS’s relelection campaign!

26. Eric says:

If you missed yesterday, this is probably the best clip of the day…

27. beach lover says:

I see the Democrats as a mutating virus. They are attempting to morph into whatever they think they need to get this President.

The GOP seems to be great at treating the symptoms, but haven’t quite figured out how to kill it.

• Yes, that’s basically what the “Lawfare” strategy is. The Law is a Weapon of War. It means anything you say it does, as long as it means that you get your way. For instance, one of the arguments in Volume 2 of their now-infamous “report” lifted the last half of the last sentence of a section of the Obstruction Clause and construed it to mean that the President would “obstruct justice” if you thought that he might be opposed to an investigation that you thought about conducting, even if you never did so. Yeah, it’s no wonder that Bill Barr threw the whole thing out with the bathwater, but that hasn’t stopped them talking and it won’t. “Lawfare” continues to bill the House of Representatives – of course, that means us – for millions of dollars each week as they spew this nonsense.

• guest4ever says:

We the People must get back to our honor and morals as the way to kill this virus!!!

• RC23321 says:

Oh we know exactly how to kill it, we’re just not allowed to…..yet.

28. BOOM!
    Hopefully this will come out in the Senate trial.
    ————————————————-

Whistleblower Was Overheard in ’17 Discussing With Ally How to Remove Trump

• The whistleblower’s name is Adam Schiff. He simply made up a story – probably thinking that his friend could swap it for the actual transcript in the archives – and ignored the published truth and the plain testimony of those who were speaking.

“President Trump is guilty of a crime that we made up, because we say he is, and we’re going to punish him for it while denying him his rights.” A Bill of Attainder is perfectly satisfactory to these people. Nothing to see here. Move along. 🤷‍♂️

• Zydeco says:

All out in plain sight, to use a Schiffism, and nothing will come out from it. We will be sitting here, without our president, wondering what’s going on.

• RC23321 says:

That is from exactly a year ago today.

• RC23321 says:

Nevermind, that was a typo. It was showing January 22nd, 2019.

• willthesuevi says:

The date on that article can’t be right.

• A.D. Esser says:

Paul Sperry’s article re: Whistleblower above (01/22/2020) has a ton of names connected in the “coup” discussions and should be read by all here. (e.g., Ciamarilla, Schifff, Misko, Atkinson, NSC, Vindman, Bakaj, Zaid, Laufman, etc.) Very informative!

29. tommyd22 says:

Take a good look at the show the Dimocraps are putting on, and have been for three years now. It is a preview of things to come in life under a Socialist rule by the left. A life where the Truth is what THEY say it is. The Facts are what THEY say they are. Anyone that goes against the leftist is GUILTY until proven innocent.. The accused has NO rights.. It all sounds familiar to anyone with a knowledge of world history. The younger under educated generation is being taken for a ride on their Socialist band wagon to hell.
    Just imagine if the dims had taken the Senate in 2018.. America would be done if that had taken place.
    Vote in November like your life depends on it.. because your children and grand children’s lives certainty do depend on it.
    Stop the insanity and vote the dims out of control of the House . Stop their agenda of the spread of Socialism.

• Zydeco says:

Their Democommunist presidential candidates have already told us that they will rule by fiat. We are at the edge of rejecting the gifts of America and the founders all in the light of history and current events, Venezuela, about how communism turns out.

• Gunnar says:

Don’t just vote. Be involved in your local primaries and groups and ensure there is a viable GOP candidate as well. It could even be you.

30. MsDollie says:

Got up this am thinking “Thank God the Democrat yap period was over”. Everytime I tuned in yesterday jt was some liberal spouting pure nonsense. and I had to abandon.

WTH? Not over yet? Three days? 😱

Lord, give me strength.

• beach lover says:

I know, right?! I can’t take it anymore. Thank God the longer it went the worse it looked for Nadler and Schiff. All that bloviating, and now to hear today they START with opening statements!

What is left to talk about ALL DAY?! The Senate will cry uncle here in about 2 more days of this.

31. Phil Bacon says:

Here is a timeline to keep in mind:
    -Ukraine election April 02, 2019 Porochenko loses to Zelensky
    -Trump makes Congrat Phone Call April 22
    -Zelensky inaugurated May 20, 2019
    -Ukraine Parliamentary election July 21, 2019
    -Trump makes Congrat Phone call July 25. Asks Zelensky to show good faith in re-opening corruption inquiry.
    -September 3 new Parliament revokes immunity opening up Parliament members to corropution investigation
    -September 11 Ukrainian aid is released.

• Zy says:

I like your point. Events need to be presented on a timeline. The Dems and Lawfare will make every effort to present things out of sequence and out of context, a free for all like yesterday.

• beach lover says:

Now there you go trying insert facts into the Dims story. Kill sport. /

• Yeah, we don’t do stupid things with our aid money, you know. For instance, we’d never shove billions of dollars in $100 bills into the back of a military transport plane and fly away with it, now would we?

The thing that has the Democrats so terrified now – the reason why they want to eject Trump and Pence and thus bring in Madame Presidente Pelosi – is what happened in Ukraine on September 3rd. The Ukranians elected an entire new Government that is dedicated to stopping corruption and these Americans have no one to “give them six hours.” These Americans know full well whose names are going to start bubbling up to the top of the cauldron.

• dawg says:

Aaaaaahhhhh, you forgot a couple and I have the first date different than you….

April 21, 2019: Zelensky wins election

April 22, 2019: Trump calls Zelensky to congratulate

April 25, 2019: Joe Biden announces campaign for President AND AND AND AND
      Hunter Biden resigns from Burisma board. ON THE SAME DAY!

4 days after a 100% political outsider candidate running on “zero tolerance” anti-corruption message wins election, and PT is talking to him about exposing corruption. Joe Biden had no choice but to run.

32. Marcia says:

Retired Magistrate: Think of it this way; yesterday was the pre-trial, the next session is the trial and then closing arguments.

The big difference in the Senate Impeachment hearing as opposed to a Common Pleas Court hearing is that after the closing arguments the Senators vote on whether to have more witnesses. So it is almost like a second pre-trial after the closing arguments!

I am praying that all the Republican Senators continue to hang tough and vote to uphold the Constitution, which is really under attack by the Democrats.

• IGiveUp says:

Are you the retired magistrate? If so, what’s your view on how the Dems are doing with a trumped up case (no pun intended) on a PR level? Have they satisfied their voters? My guess is so far yes, and thus a win for them. YMMV.

• OmegaManBlue says:

I just hope we don’t become a nation of “Show me the man, and I’ll show you the crime”. The democrats shouldn’t be given more witnesses they didn’t call in first place. They shouldn’t be rewarded for skipping parts of the process be it subpoenas, court challenges, and more hearings. They shouldn’t be able to impeach people without evidence strong enough to convict.

33. Bubby says:

FTA “Democrats are discussing a possible swap as a way to break the logjam on calling witnesses at President Trump’s impeachment trial that would involve former Vice President Joe Biden or his son Hunter – and a key Biden ally is entertaining the idea.
    The idea is to secure testimony Democrats are demanding from former national security advisor John Bolton by offering up potential testimony by Biden or his son Hunter, who Republicans have been demanding.”

This is a trap being set by the Democrats we’ll see if the Republicans are stupid enough to fall for it. Bolton will spill everything he knows and Democrats are hoping for a “bombshell” leading to removal of President Trump. Joe and Hunter will both plea the 5th and give no testimony! Godspeed President Trump!

• Sentient says:

Bolton doesn’t know anything we don’t already know. The funds were released. On time. No investigation by Ukraine commenced or was even announced.

• Zorro says:

Bolton for the Bidens, CIAramella, IGIC Atkinson, Lt. Col., Schiff, Nadler, etc. or no deal.

• “Just play the video of ‘Biden’s Boast.'” On camera, the man confessed to violations of American law while he was VPOTUS! He should have been impeached for what he did, but instead the equally-corrupt audience just laughed and joked right along with him. He still can be indicted, tried, convicted and sent to prison.

But – the Democrats are not in charge here. This is not their chamber and they do not have the majority. They do not yet understand that they will be asked hard questions and be made to answer them. The Senate has the authority to try “all impeachments,” not merely “the person being impeached.” Foolish House members have believed every single thing that “Lawfare” ever told them. They swallowed it all, hook, line and sinker.

• gabytango says:

I’m so frustrated by the Republicans! Why don’t they start showing the public what it needs – SOUNDBITES:
      “NO MEANS NO!” ( “If these witnesses are so important, it should have been done in the House”)
      “No do-overs!”
      “Guilty until proven innocent!”
      “There was NO Crime, so no Trial, Case Dismissed!”

• Troublemaker10 says:

No witnesses.

The Repubs don’t need to exchange anyone for the Biden’s. They can investigate that separately .

If they do an exchange….

It should include the whistleblower and Schiff.

• OmegaManBlue says:

Both father and son Biden would look bad.

Not sure Hunter would give us any info we don’t already have or need. He has shown himself to be pretty sketchy too. I wouldn’t trust him to tell truth under oath or give anyone away.

Joe would just embellish his suffering of his condition of O-L-D. And maybe the democrats want that. They probably want him out of the race.

If anyone should be called it’s the whistle blower. And no this for that. That is only person that should testify under oath.

• willthesuevi says:

At this point in time I am not too worried about Democrat traps. Every trap they have set so far has ensnared themselves.

This is the real life version of the Apple Dumpling Gang. Just waiting for Don Knotts to waltz out onto the Senate floor.

34. Sentient says:

After this is over they should impeach Romney.

• willthesuevi says:

Why, that gives him relevance. Freeze his a$$ out of any important Senate business.

Make him irrelevant. He needs to be important. That is why he moved to Utah and ran for the Senate.

Take that away, make him a has been, and he can go on a speaking tour with Bill and Hill, or better yet former President Jimmy Carter.

My opinion.

35. Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Here is a quick summary of yesterday’s 12 votes in the Senate.

“(52-48) Agreed to On the Motion to Table S.Amdt. 1293: Motion to Table Schumer Amdt. No. 1293; To allow additional time to file responses to motions. S.Res. 483 Jan 22”

This is the only one where a GOP Senator, Collins of Maine, voted with the Democrats.

36. I’m not focused on this fake Impeachment scam…It’s a total distraction of real crimes….I’m still focused on what exactly is Bill Barr and John Durham going to do about the clear, provable criminal and unethical behavior(Coup attempt) at the FBI/DOJ and other Bureaucracies….

How does Bill Barr/Durham know they need till Spring or Summer to offer a report or wrap thing up??? Why not now??? If you’re dealing with an unknown how can you say I need 3 or 5 more months?? Makes Zero sense….

• Bogeyfree says:

And don’t forget Barr and the Boys have not even begun to look into Ukraine where the fraudulent impeachment of a President began and where we have actual video evidence IMO of an actual quid pro quo not to mention obvious money laundering going on.

More real crimes with more hard evidence IMO that seemingly goes no where except on the FIB evidence shelf to gather dust!

It truly is absolutely amazing when you pause and list all of the hard evidence going back to Uranium One and the Hammer Program that Barr and the FIB have and NOTHING has come from it to date. How is it even possible that NONE of all this evidence equates to any crime or indicate??

I believe as time approaches summer and we still have zero from Barr and Durham that the people are to see through this for what it is and rise up demanding answers from both AG Barr and PT.

If no indictments then PT must order the declassification with no redactions of EVERTYHING related to…..

Uranium One
      Hammer Program
      DNC Server hack and emails to Wikileaks
      Seth Rich murder
      HRC 33k emails
      Clinton Foundation
      Mifsud’s phones and knowledge he was always a western agent
      Rudy’s Ukraine evidence and the Dept of State communications from 2016
      All Texts, emails, and vm communications from the NSA on the small group within the FIB and DOJ
      All Congressional emails and texts related to Russia Gate, Spygate and Ukraine Gate
      Full audit going back to 2012 of FISA Abuse and FIB Contractor search of Americans abuse.

Mr. President, do not allow any of this to be buried.

The people believe in you because you are honest, transparent and believe in the rule of law for all so come Summer if nothing comes from Barr or Durham, I ask that you do the right thing and declassify it all!

• CM-TX says:

You answered your own question… It makes “zero sense.” They’re just running out the clock b/c we LET them. 😒

• antiqueiron says:

That’s an even bigger question. If we pause & take a step back, we realize that there has absolutely been a coup attempted. Here in the USA, not some banana republic, but right here. That’s unthinkable forty years ago. (yes, I’m keeping the JFK thing out of it for now) This isn’t mere political differences, it’s an organized, planned, funded, black operation with wide spread involvement. It covers many departments, some highlights include much of the current White House staff, National Security Council, two former presidents(obama, clinton,) former Sec State (clinton), former CIA Director (brennan), former Chief of Staff to the president (jarret), pretty much the entire DoJ, the sitting Speaker of the House, Minority Leader of the Senate, many federal judges, and an army of small fry. I left many out for sure. Benedict Arnold was a hero compared to these traitors.

MAGA cannot happen unless & until all these people are brought to justice. And very quickly. I’d like to see arrests start the day after this farce is over. Don’t even think about “vote them out.” As a historian I can tell you that throughout history, unsuccessful coup plotters don’t just lose their jobs. They get stood up against a wall & shot, or hung. I want no less than the leaders arrested, tried, those guilty to be hung and the smaller perps given life in prison.

37. Bogeyfree says:

After this watching this frame job and coup after watching this impeachment fraud and knowing that within 30 days after it is over the Dems will begin another…..

I hope people might see that a Convention of States under Article V of the Constitution which allows for amendments to be added to our Constitution whereby the people from at least 34 states make changes and decide on ………

1) Term Limits for Congress

2) 2/3 vote for impeachment passage in the House vs simple majority (forces bipartisan support on all future impeachment’s)

3) No impeachment can come out solely from the House via committee but MUST include a full vote by the House using the 2/3 majority rule to ensure bipartisan support.

These two simple changes will take there candy away from these children who act like idiots day in and day out and have made a mockery out of our Constitution and what our founders intended.

It is time the power returns to the people and holding a big enough majority in the House is a crap shoot so IMO end it now with Convention of States Amendments listed above.

• darose5308 says:

Bogeyfree: I agree with you on Convention of States & have made numerous donations. Mark Levin was early supporter but has seemed to stop. Any idea why?

• willthesuevi says:

Maybe he had the same experience with them I did. Cronyism.

After their local crony didn’t pan out (understatement) and they came knocking back on my door I realized what a crap show they were. From the communications I still receive it has not changed.

No thanks.

• J says:

Do you really want to open that can of worms? It would be most likely that our Constitution would be forever altered into irrelevance. No thanks.

38. Pew-Anon says:

So what ever happened to Chief Justice Roberts recusing for being a fact witness as head of the FISC?

• Obviously, these recusals aren’t going to happen. I think that the Democrats have been holding on to a lot of pipe dreams about what’s actually going to happen to them in the Senate. I think that they have not a cucking flue.

39. RC23321 says:

So are these “opening arguments” part of the Dem’s 24 hours or is this separate?

40. sarasotosfan says:

Three days of lies that I will not watch.

41. scrap1ron says:

Who can have any confidence in Johnny Robert’s unbiased judicial refereeing when he can’t distinguish whether the Barrycare mandate was a regulatory penalty or a unicorn tax?

42. EJ says:

Credit where credit is due… #cocaineMitch and the GOP held the line and didn’t fall for any of the Dem’s nonsense. And great job by Pat Cipollone basically calling Penguin Nadler a liar at 1:00AM. Classic.

• Ausonius says:

Via Hugh Hewitt’s show this morning, I heard Nadler bleating “lies, lies, lies” in reference to the President’s lawyers’ opening statements. I then heard him lie about how they had no evidence, no defense, how the president used a quid pro quo against the president of the Ukraine, etc. etc. etc.

The DEMS and their disbelief are like the old joke about the farmer who hears his son tell about an animal that he learned about in school: the giraffe. After hearing the description, the farmer shakes his head and says: “Nah, what’re they teachin’ you in that school? There ain’t no such animal!”

A few weeks later a circus train stops at the edge of his farm, and sure enough: a giraffe can be seen getting some exercise during the stop. The son is ecstatic and drags his father out of the barn to see a real giraffe. The farmer looks and looks and squints and looks again. Finally he shakes his head, walks away, and says:

“Nope, there still ain’t no such animal.”

43. Zippy says:

Trump Impeachment: The Worst-Case Scenario is the Best We Can Hope

• I really do not agree with this doom-cry.

I believe that for four long years we have suffered under a House of Representatives cabal that always had their way, because they were always in the House which they ruled with an iron fist. Their activities never moved over to the Senate – until this week, when they ceremoniously brought two pieces of worthless garbage. This is the first time when anyone else in Government could ask meaningful questions about what they’ve been doing all this time.

And I actually have confidence, as our Founders did, in the US Senate. I think that Schiff, Nadler and company will not expect that they will be the subject of very intense and unpleasant questioning, as the Senate finally gets a chance to ask what the rest of us have been wanting to ask for about four years.

The House is so consumed with its infernal mission that it made no attempt even to accuse President Trump of any crime whatsoever. They wrote a Bill of Attainder without trying to conceal that they had done so. They spent a good bit of time yesterday belittling and insulting the Senate, because those tactics worked in the House where they hold sway. Schumer has the right to introduce his rules-changes, but I feel quite certain that he does not hold the majority view in “the world’s greatest deliberative body.” I think that we will see many Senators who call themselves Democrats also voting to cleanse these foul waters once and for all.

• Zippy says:

“The House is so consumed with its infernal mission that it made no attempt even to accuse President Trump of any crime whatsoever.”

It is NOT up to the Senate to IN ANY WAY continue to investigate the UNSUBSTANTIATED “case” sent to it from the House via a procedure that violated Constitutional rights of the accused. This should have been REJECTED OUTRIGHT and if that was challenged it would have been sent to the SCOTUS and upheld.

99.9% of the voting public will NOT look upon this case in any even remotely Constitutional or nuanced way to realize what you claim and, as as result, this will remain nothing more than a CLOWN SHOW damaging to Trump and will continue to be 100% effective in totally diverting away from the INDICTMENT and PROSECUTION of SpyGate perps AS INTENDED. This is merely a CONTINUATION of the SpyGate method: guilty until proven innocent and a fishing expedition to find a crime to fit the man.

Transcript from the video:

“what I want is different than what I expect what is still possible barely is that a member of the Senate will finally a Republican will finally finally finally wake up to the fact that the entire trap lies in allowing this minutia to continue the entire trap of it and we fall into this trap every single time is we start talking about it as a political issue rather than a moral issue if it was a moral issue which is what it is one swing of the sword could cut the Gordian knot and that would be the end of it it would simply be the end of it what has to happen is that this is that Mitch McConnell and a majority of Republicans have to basically stand up and say this is a witch hunt has been from start to finish and we are not going to we are not going to dignify this thing with a second more of our time than it absolutely takes to do it”

• Zippy says:

And, secondly, by NOT being rejected outright as specious, this has set the precedent and modus operandi for the impeachment of ANY future president who opposes the Deep State in any way and manages to leak through or bypass the party machine vetting process and manage to actually be elected.

Could that be the UniParty’s plan? I think so, along with, in this case, providing a 100% effective diversion from the indictment and prosecution of the SpyGate perps.

• Zippy says:

This impeachment travesty and the ZERO significant repercussions for ANYONE involved in SpyGate after 1097 days of the so-called Trump administration definitively shows that the system is corrupt beyond any chance of self-correction. If you think otherwise, you are fooling yourself.

44. Garavaglia says:

The only “data” these scoundrels (yes..both “sides”) are concerned about is any uptick in gun and ammo sales. What a great day to exercise your 2nd amendment rights! Even better..a little target practice to practice safety and accuracy for self defense.

45. youme says:

Has anyone demanded the release of Michael Atkinson’s closed door testimony?
    How can the trial proceed without it?

• Garavaglia says:

It just proceeds without it. If it doesn’t benefit the swamp..it ain’t happening.

• TMonroe says:

There was an oblique reference to it, but shouldn’t it be a featured talking point, especially in light of Schiff’s pot-kettle demand for release of records and testimony?

• Bogeyfree says:

I agree and since this is known to be a part of the original House Committee investigation, why can’t PT’s Attorney simply say…….

Excuse me but in the packet of evidence you sent over you forgot to include the documented testimony of Atkinson and the WB.

And since this all occurred during your House investigation it must be included in the packet or this entire case is incomplete and not valid. So we will pause the trial until it is sent over.

The best part of this it does not cross arguing about witnesses testimony on the stand as this testimony was part of the investigation and should be included in the packet of evidence.

Imagine a bank robbery and there is no police report or key pages of it are missing.

46. bertdilbert says:

I found video of the democrats impeachment party bus.

• Randolph Scott says:

Someone forgot to light the bus on fire. That way the riders will not be cold when the bus picks up speed during this winter weather.

47. Charles Aronowitz says:

If Schumer has his way and witnesses are called, the end result will be the exposure of the Biden family as the most politically corrupt family in the country.

48. I’m not sure if I’m ready for another day of this sham impeachment!😴 I’m so happy you are all going to be here with me because another day of listening to the lying Pencil Neck just might push me over the edge…….

As Hannity always says “Buckle up!”

49. Marcia says:

Response to IGiveUp: Yes, I am a retired Magistrate. To the hard core leftists, I think they are giving them the “red meat” that they want. However, I believe there are a lot of independents/democrats out there who are fed up with the whole fiasco and will swing to President Trump in the coming election.

Congress is not getting much done and the average person is fed up with it.

• IGiveUp says:

Of course hope you are correct because the Dems are following this fella’s strategy. I hope they come to the same end.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

Josef Göbbels

50. EnoughIsEnough says:

After yesterday’s debacle, filled with unfounded accusations from Schiff and company, I imagine many people will tune out. Judge Roberts could and should have stepped in much sooner to set the tone to what should be viewed as a solemn occurance. He need not have time-traveled back to 1905 and “pettifogging” when a sitting congressman stood on the floor that very evening and called President Trump the “Grand Wizard”. The process, norms and decorum have all been trampled, and I pray that Americans are watching with disgust, and will vote accordingly in November. The vitriol, hyperbole and venom being spewed is not how most people view their neighbors and fellow citizens. I will say extra prayers for President Trump and his family, who have done nothing to deserve this level of scorn and daily attacks. I will also pray that our country can heal, though the constant divisiveness and fear-mongering is making it more difficult each day.