January 20th – 2020 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #1096

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Stephanie Grisham Twitter @StephGrisham45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

613 Responses to January 20th – 2020 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #1096

1. lawrencepaul1 says:

2. WeThePeople2016 says:

3. Zippy says:

Be Very Careful, The Media is Setting You Up – 20 Jan 2020

4. Reserved55 says:

5. WeThePeople2016 says:

6. WeThePeople2016 says:

• I am glad to see this 2nd amendment rally turning out to be such a success.

Some of the posters here on the treehouse a few days ago were worrying a bit too much about what might or might not happen.

So glad to see Virginia Patriots make a success out of today!

7. Reserved55 says:

Idjit

• thedoc00 says:

Yep, as a kid pulling pranks long ago can’t tell you how many yards with dogs I entered with a treat in hand and the faithful “watch dog” quietly following me looking for another treat.

• soozword says:

I was a Census worker twice (2000, 2010) and only once did I NOT get thru the front gate due to a dog. Hundreds of dogs and only one stopped me because he was deadly serious and I couldn’t charm him like all the others.

But a guy running down his driveway at me with a shotgun quickly stopped me in my little Census tracks! Kept on yelling “get away, get away”, then he suddenly stopped a few feet from me, aimed his shotgun….at a rattlesnake ten feet away. Heard the central Census office used my story later in a training skit to reinforce not to panic when out in the field. I got promoted to supervisor afterwards, thanks to that very obliterated snake.

• Dutchman says:

As a burglar in my youth, I also found numerous ways of dealing with dogs.
        1) Let them out. A poorly trained dog will take the opportunity to run the neighborhood.
        2) If dog is male, throw in a bitch in heat, dog will ignore you.
        3) steak with seconal in it. Nitey-nite, doggie.
        4) I never used: .22 pistol with cotex wrapped around end of barrel as silencer. Yes, quiet shot to the head. As I say, I never did it, but it would work.
        5) and as you say, a treat sans seconal.

The rationale for the 2A is NOT hunting, or even self defence; it is the populace defending themselves from tyranny.

And recent events clearly show the need hasn’t been negated with “progress”, quite the contrary.

Absolutely essential. Without the 2A, every other Right, in the Bill of rights, becomes aspirational, and subject to the whims of the Government.

• TPW says:

As a bitch in my Old Age ….a Southern one at that …just be glad you didn’t enter my house and try to let my dog out or point a gun at my dog…….You would be in jail on murder 1 before that happened or I would have gotten lucky….LOL

• Dutchman says:

Hey, now in my senior years, my responce to some young miscreant breaking in and messing with ANY occupant of my house, or my property, would be the same as yours; only by the grace of God did I survive my mispent youth, affording me the opportunity to live through these historic times, and experience so much JOY.
            I should never have survived, and wouldn’t have, but for the saving Grace of Jesus.

• lawrencepaul1 says:

So what do you do when the people who are invading your home shoot the dog?
      A dog and a gun is a great idea, but not just a dog.

• auscitizenmom says:

Yep………idjit.

• California Joe says:

A big bratwurst or a hot dog will easily change even the meanest dog’s attitude! LOL. I’m amazed that when it comes to defending the Constitutional rights of criminals, welfare recipients and illegal immigrants these Tribesmen are at the forefront of the litigation even working for free but when it’s our Constitutional rights that are threatened well they are the ones leading the charge!

• riverelf says:

NYS is catching up fast, Joe. They just adore undercutting the actual citizens who suffer to fund their madness.
        I admire anyone who has succeeded in getting a CCL in this state because the hoops are not to be believed.
        We need a federal intervention to restore our Constitutional protections.

• yadent says:

My sibling, a LEO of 25 years, instead of pulling a firearm utilizes pepper spray to subdue canines. Has worked EVERY time. I use pepper spray for unruly dogs while biking. Works great.

• Avi says:

Frum is no frummie

• Robert Smith says:

If I were Frum’s kids I wouldn’t listen to his crap either.

8. jx says:

When I think about Europeans watching this I laugh. No doubt they are appalled by armed citizens walking the city streets.

9. WeThePeople2016 says:

• Reserved55 says:

CN&N assured their listeners this AM there would be white supremacists in Richmond.

Turns out CN&N sent a crew of theirs.

• MfM says:

Too many pro-gun law abiding people there. Antifa is there, but while they are dumb, they aren’t suicidal. They can’t be masked because that will out them, so if they stir crap up people are getting video of them, and calling them on it.

I’m praying it continues to be relatively ‘quiet’ when the rally winds down and people leave to go home and the numbers get smaller.

How many people (both sides) were at Charlottesville? There aren’t that many far far right or left in this country, but when the left/Antifa see an opening they take it.

• Robert Smith says:

I heard that those that have the ability body-cammed themselves also to forestall manufactured incidents.

Body-cams, which used to be a huge goal of the left, are quickly becoming unwanted by the left.

• Greg1 says:

Hope it continues that there are no problems and no arrests.

It’ll provably destroy the arguments of the left. Not that they will ever admit it.

But those sitting on the fence who are ill informed will get a clear view of how wrong the left have been.

10. Even if the State of Virginia is demonstrating that they can’t resist playing with their Homeland Security police-toys, let the protesting gun owners of Virginia demonstrate to them that they know perfectly well how to “peaceably assemble to petition the government for the redress of grievances.”

That might well demonstrate to them, at a time when they certainly appear to need reminding, what “responsible gun owners” actually look like . . . and, how they actually behave.

11. Reserved55 says:

I forgot to post this several days ago

• Reserved55 says:

The Left Wing Nut Jobs’ favorite word.

“This researcher’s inaccurate claim has been **debunked** since it was made in 2016. As we stated then, we have never re-ranked or altered search results to manipulate political sentiment,’ Google said at the time.”

12. thatgreatnorthernguy says:

Just a thought- if witnesses are to be called the the Senate Impeachment trial, the prime witness must be the “whistle blower” who started this. But does that person in fact exist? Is it possible, just possible, that persons in the House Democrat Caucus created a fictional person to advance the idea that PDJT tried to get Ukraine to dig up dirt on Joe Biden- thinking, that at each advance of the ‘narrative’ PDJT would finally decide to resign? ( I’m thinking the “Captain Tuttle” episode of the old TV seies M*A*S*H.) Jus’ thinkin’

• Bogeyfree says:

Whistleblower

Mary McCord

Shifty

Pelosi

Biden

Hunter

Romney’s Son

Ukraine President

Rudy and the evidence he gave Pompeo

All must testify IMO

• I think it very likely that the whistleblower(s) is/are … “Adam Schiff, himself.”

I also am of the opinion that, when he read what he later called his “parody” in his committee meeting, at the time he thought that his Lt. Col. friend had managed to replace the transcript with the forgery that he was reading. But the people who maintain those transcripts didn’t play along.

It’s clear from his continued action that Schiff, even more than Nadler, is a “chief snake.”

• mike11946 says:

I agree has to be the whistle blower .

13. decisiontime16 says:

• 813.52Ran says:

Yah . . . but . . . but . . .

H.W. Bush’s bad policies caused Clinton’s higher unemployment rate.
      Clinton’s great policies resulted in W. Bush’s lower unemployment rate.
      W. Bush’s bad policies caused Obama’s higher unemployment rate.
      Obama’s great policies resulted in President Trump’s lower unemployment rate.

Heads I win. Tails you lose.

• cheering4america says:

Now remember that the end of W’s Administration and literally all the way through the Zero’s regime they threw trillions of dollars at this problem, and this was still the best they could do.

The clueless one really was an empty seat.

• thedoc00 says:

Yep and every month they cooked the books by redefining “employed” and altering the data set by excluding those who had left the job market. Even after cooking the books and the Billions of Dollars (you cite) their employment metrics were adversely revised every month by significant numbers. There were even friendly (to Obama) “experts” who said the unemployment numbers were actually as high as 15-20% if using the metrics applied against President Trump today.

Also, to balance out adulation for Bill Clinton, his numbers did not improve until the Republican Congress was installed with the “Contract with America” movement, which Gingrich pissed away with his idiotic impeachment attempt.

14. Someone posted this earlier, it is a livestream going on all day at the rally:

15. lawrencepaul1 says:

‘Deficient On Its Face’: Trump Legal Team Insists On ‘Speedy Acquittal’ For Impeachment ‘Charade’

• Yes, here we have yet another “novel legal theory,” courtesy of Lawfare, Inc.

But this time, their opponent is Alexander Hamilton, writing in Federalist 65. Over 200 years ago. The authors set careful limits on what impeachment was, was not, and must not be. The House ignored all of them.

But the most laughable thing comes on page 98: “House Democrats’ Charges Rest on the False Premise that ThereCould Have Been No Legitimate Purpose To Ask President Zelenskyy About Ukrainian Involvement in the 2016 Election and the Biden-Burisma Affair.” Oh no, “Biden’s Boast” meant nothing at all. He must be virtuous as the new-fallen snow. Nothing unusual about a son of a politician, who knows zero about the energy business, making more money than the directors of Exxon. Oh, no.

But at the end of the response, Lawfare Inc.’s standard practices just might hoist them on their own petard:

“Each Article presents a smorgasbord of multiple, independent acts as possible bases for conviction. Under the umbrella charge of “abuse of power,” Article I offers Senators a menu of at least four different bases for conviction:(1) “corruptly” requesting that Ukraine announce an investigation into the Biden-Burisma affair;(2) “corruptly” requesting that Ukraine announce an investigation into alleged Ukrainian interference in the 2016 election; (3) “corrupt[ly]” conditioning the release of Ukraine’s security assistance on these investigations; and (4) “corrupt[ly]” conditioning a White House meeting on these investigations. Article II similarly invites Senators to pick and choose among at least 10 different bases for obstruction including: (1) directing the White House and agencies, “without lawful cause or excuse,” not to produce documents in response to a congressional subpoena; or(2) directing one or more of nine different individuals, “without lawful cause or excuse,” not to testify in response to a congressional subpoena.”

Sounds a whole lot like “Volume 2” of the Mueller Report, does it not? The one that Bill Barr rejected also for being “novel theory?”

• mike11946 says:

Mike, this would be a great time for President Trump to turn loose of everything with the whole country watching. He is the President of the United States of America. Pelosi, Schiffty, Nutless, and all the plotters against this President should go down. And I know they will. He has not come this far without not taking them all down. He is playing with them. How many times have we heard all his enemies claim, “We have got him now, the walls are really this time closing in on him.” After a while I became excited when I heard all their doom and gloom rhetoric, and then bam he trapped them, and how stupid they looked. The same thing is going to happen hear, just everyone sit back and enjoy the master at work backed up by the real Master. Second post been following you all for almost two years. Thank you for your insights.

16. NYT is tyere on the ground,

Hyperventilating abiut white supremacists, as expected:

“The rally has been a frequent topic of discussion on internet platforms that are popular among anti-government militia groups and white supremacists. Many users expressed interest in attending the rally. But over the weekend, white-supremacist chat rooms began to overflow with warnings against attending.

Many suggested that participants were being set up for a government trap where they would either be blamed for any violence that broke out, or would even be the targets of violence themselves.

Those warnings continued on Monday from members of anti-government militias, white supremacists and others who were in Richmond. The message “Don’t go in the cage” was posted repeatedly on Twitter, along with comments like “Flood the rest of Richmond instead.”

I guess CTH must be “extremist”, now, eh? /snark

17. WeThePeople2016 says:

• “The right of the people to peaceably assemble and petition the Government for the redress of grievances.”

Maybe a big part of Virginia’s problem is that they simply cannot conceive of “gun owners” actually doing that.

Maybe this government has been swallowing a bunch of kool-aid about what “gun owners” are, and has been basing policy and lawmaking on those fictions.

I hope that, once the day is over, the Internet is full of photos of all the super-military riot gear the law enforcement people brought to the party … and, never used, because there never was need to use it.

18. Bogeyfree says:

Mr. President,

On Nov 21, 2019, Sen. Graham sent a letter to Sec. Pompeo requesting all communications between Biden and Ukraine officials back in 2016 along with other requests.

It has been 2 months and Americans deserve an answer if the documents requested have indeed been provided?

Your administration has been the most transparent ever and I hope this policy of transparency extends to your State Dept and Sec. Pompeo.

Americans would appreciate an update.

MAGA

• Remington says:

“”Simple Man”

“I ain’t nothin’ but a simple man
      They call me a redneck I reckon that I am
      But there’s things going on
      That make me mad down to the core.

I have to work like a dog to make ends meet
      There’s crooked politicians and crime in the street
      And I’m madder’n hell and I ain’t gonna take it no more…..’

Charlie Daniels

19. scrap1ron says:

Democrats have finally found a wall to keep people out that they can support.

20. WeThePeople2016 says:

• TarsTarkas says:

I suspect any ANTIFA that intended to come found out how may were in the crowd, how meany weapons there were, how many were off-duty LEO, and decided cowarding out was the better option.

21. Troublemaker10 says:

Flake still doesn’t get it.

22. WeThePeople2016 says:

• margarite1 says:

This is shocking! It only took 10 years to destroy a red state.

• WeThePeople2016 says:

• Greg1 says:

Wow!

On the national vote Virginia democrats want to ignore the electoral vote and go with the popular vote.

On the state vote Virginia democrats want to ignore the popular vote and go with their own version of an electoral vote.

THIS ENTIRE THING IS ELECTION TAMPERING!

• annieoakley says:

Colorado is doing exactly the same thing, including passing some bill requiring sex education in kindergarten. All led by Soros and his Progress Now or Progress Colorado.

• Ellis says:

I’m pretty sure the electoral college going with national vote is unconstitutional. Otherwise, what is the point of the electoral college?

• Greg1 says:

There is another thing here worth pointing out.

Virginia now has well over 100 counties and cities that have declared themselves Second Amendment sanctuaries. If the democrats in Virginia want to do their own “electoral college” based upon congressional districts so they don’t have to lose the next popular vote, then by the same measure they have already lost any and all anti-gun, anti-Second Amendment votes and should not attempt to pass such legislation.

But they will refuse to accept that argument. They now have power, and they are going to use it, regardless of the Constitution.

I pray today’s rally makes them reconsider. But they are democrats. With power. So I doubt that’ll happen.

• Julia Adams says:

With his wife being whom she is and George knowing full well who she works for, I don’t understand how the George and Kelly Conway marriage has survived. How do they actually share the same house let alone the same bedroom together? Somehow, the average question, how was your day at work today?… just doesn’t seem to work. George is tiresome and boring.

Something has to change

• Rileytrips says:

Maybe it’s a set up….like good cop/bad cop? He does have insider DC access. He can tell his wife who is just a blow hard and who is a real threat to the administration.
        Just thinking outside of the box here.

• Libertybella says:

I can kind of relate….my husband is very liberal and I am conservative…we have had nasty arguments and have agreed NOT to bring up political topics….he “forgets” this agreement from time to time and we have another nasty argument….It is very difficult…I feel sorry for Kelly Ann….but an oath is an oath…and in least in my case the good still far outweighs the bad.

• Guyski says:

Probably makes sense to stay technically married. Four kids, $40 million dollars. She is the bread winner. They live DC / New Jersey. Probably easy for him to find a divorce judge that would screw her over on custody and alimony.

• Mellie says:

This.

• Blind no Longer says:

If I were Kelly Anne, I’d divorce that fat ass, loud mouth POS!!! He continues to spit in her face every time he criticizes her boss- the President of the United States of America!!
      When President Trump wins re election in Nov, maybe the asswipe will become so unhinged he’ll check his self into psychiatric tx facility!

23. Bogeyfree says:

Since this impeachment is about corruption and fraud, I wonder if there is anyway PT team if witnesses get called can somehow bring in the 2 Uranium One WB’s who appear to have been ignored by Huber.

I’d them introduce the Hammer Proram of corruption and bring in Montgomery and introduce the 47 Hard drives that the FIB and DOJ seem to be ignoring.

Then swing back with all the FISA Abuse documentation including the FIB contractors who conducted millions of searches on Americans.

I’d end with Ukraine and all the Rudy documentation he gave Pompeo and hopefully Barr along with the missing 6 Billion in money laundering transactions and the testimony from the Current Ukraine President.

IMO their motive was to frame and destroy PT in order to hide their sins them let’s put all of their corruption out there for all Americans to see and hear.

24. Troublemaker10 says:

25. WeThePeople2016 says:

26. rondo123456 says:

Progressive Petards
    When the Left has to live according to its own rules, it will rue the loss of the civilization it destroyed.

“Since at least 2016, CNN has mostly ceased being a news agency, but that hasn’t stopped it from being an active participant in #TheResistance. The network is so caught up in the fervor of this movement that many of its guests and regular hosts have been fired, reprimanded, or apologized for threats to the president or general obscene references (e.g., Reza Aslan, the late Anthony Bourdain, Kathy Griffin).”

27. WeThePeople2016 says:

28. WeThePeople2016 says:

29. WeThePeople2016 says:

Woah.

• Remember “Last night in Sweden…”?

The President was right again!

• jeans2nd says:

roflmbo

This is rich. One of the very first vids the World Economic Forum (Davos) put up this morning is “Why Do Nordic Countries Work So Well For Everyone?”

Guess Davos forgot to speak with the Norske.inhabitants

• “Open the borders so no one is illegal?” Guess these innocent youngsters aren’t worldly enough to know about human trafficking. Slavery, indentured servitude, bondage and all that.

We have people showing up today at our borders who came from Africa. Which means what? Which means [slave …] ships. Which means a very well organized scheme to commit “crimes against humanity.” No, this is not just about a wall, folks. This is very much about these … people. They’re not “huddled masses.” They’re victims. But, not of our crimes and not ours to remedy … nor, to accept or to facilitate. (Which, due to our “loopholes,” we right now do.)

This is not the time for euphemisms. This is the time to stare “crime against humanity” square in the face and stop it by whatever means necessary. Including but not limited to a wall.

• Zachary Navarre says:

They toss the word “free” around so much.
        How any rational person can watch and not be insulted every time they do is completely beyond my comprehension.

Where I’m from, free doesn’t mean “pay for it through taxes and then you get it”.
        Where I’m from, free means “here you can have this without doing anything for or paying for it”

• trialbytruth says:

Took home a woman as in lets go to my place and cook up something hot and sexy OR more like,

welcome back your Isis dreams were your ticket out,
      welcome back to the same bomb makin crew.you talked about.
      Oh the names have all changed since you’ve been around,
      Achmed and omar just blew up.
      Who have know you’d be here
      right where we dont need you
      There’s an ice flow in the fijorde that im sure is nice and warm
      Dont come back dont come back dont come back dont come back .

30. Interesting what the Wall Street Journal takes umbrage at (as reported in the HK Free Press):

‘Humiliating and frustrating’: Hong Kong Express airline made woman take pregnancy test

Top of story:
    “A Hong Kong airline forced a Japanese woman to take a pregnancy test before allowing her on a flight to a Pacific island popular with mothers seeking US citizenship for their babies.
    “Midori Nishida, 25, was escorted to a public toilet at Hong Kong airport and told to urinate on a strip in November before being granted permission to board her Hong Kong Express flight to the US territory of Saipan.”

Oh, the horror!! But at the bottom of the story:

“Saipan is a popular destination for women wanting to give birth on US soil to secure American citizenship for their child.
    “In 2018 nearly 600 babies were born to tourists in the Northern Mariana Islands, which sit just north of Guam, also a US territory — a figure greater than the number of babies born to locals.
    “Of those some 575 were born to Chinese mothers, according to data from local health authorities.
    “The influx followed the introduction in 2009 of a visa-waiver programme to attract Chinese holidaymakers, a scheme that made the islands the only US territory where Chinese citizens enjoy visa-free entry.
    “But in recent years Saipan has stepped up measures to curb birth tourism by requiring airlines to carry out screenings.”
    _____________________________________

“Nearly” 600 anchor babies in Saipan alone, in 2018 alone…”some” 575 to Chinese mothers…since “some 575” is “nearly” 600, sounds like maybe all of them might be Chinese. I wonder who initiated the via-free visit program in 2009? Just curious…

31. WeThePeople2016 says:

• Zachary Navarre says:

Small correction for the publisher of the story:
      That is clearly not a drone shot.
      You can see the reflection of the person taking the video in the window he is looking through.
      And at the end of the video you can see the window frame.

But still, that crowd does indeed help reassure folks that they are not nearly as alone or as fringe as the MSM would have them believe!

32. Reserved55 says:

Interesting

Six tweets

• Heathen says:

While the majority here are aware of this for those new or unfamiliar with , ” The Babylon Bee”, it is a (great) parody site.

33. convert says:

The fake news media, Dems, and the VA governor have all been made fools of today: huge peaceful, polite, diverse crowd of ordinary Americans descending on the Capitol today, zero violence, zero Klan hoods, zero problem. Dems lose credibility again.

• TarsTarkas says:

THAT IS WHAT DEEPFAKES ARE ALL ABOUT! They’ll shop in artillery duels from Kentucky, bomb strikes from Nevada, and Klan rallies from the 1960’s to show how racist and evil the protesters were.

• PatriotKate says:

I sure hope that they had some organized manner of getting petition signatures to recall the Governor and all the offending democrats. I know there was talk of it. I hope it’s been started.

For this to be successful must be followed with serious action.

34. Now would be a good time to join, or elevate your membership level. “Money talks”

35. Twitter was a sewer on this, no surprise #rally virginia (cant find link but trust me the leftys were head spinning mad…😉)

Youtube censored pro-2A live youtubes, also no surprise:

Its sjw progmedia Intel prep of the election battlefield, get ready for more…

36. sunnyflower5 says:

“Slide the cash under the door. Under.”

37. bkrg2 says:

Happy 3 year anniversary of President Trump inauguration!
    5 more years to go!

38. tozerbgood8315 says:

Hoping Sundance will start a thread on the SCOTUS reviewing case on Electoral College rules.

“The first of two cases the Supreme Court will weigh in on is from Colorado, where a federal appeals court ruled that an elector can vote how they choose, regardless of how the state voted:”

“The other is from Washington state, where its high court ruled that electors must vote in accordance with the state’s popular vote”

Would love to hear some opinions.

39. WRB says:

Scott Adams has a thread on how we are not asking the right question with regard to Biden:

40. Reserved55 says:

I’d ‘Rather’ not here from the current crop.

41. sunnydaze says:

Lots of great tweets at this acc’t. This has been very uplifting so far. Good Job Virginians!

42. bosscook says:

Well now….Adam Schiff could be in for a rocky time….

43. Reserved55 says:

44. lolli says:

From local news.
    The article says mass shooting. 7 shot. Sounds personal. Normal for San Antonio, but for some reason it is a “mass” shooting. I guess it depends on the intended narrative.

• Robert Smith says:

Chicago has mass shootings all the time but they are black-on-black, correct me if I am wrong, so I guess that’s ok with the media?