Jeff Van Drew is a democrat congressman from New Jersey CD-02.  According to multiple media reports he is likely to switch to the republican party next week due to the fraudulent impeachment effort.  Van Drew was one of two democrats who did not support the vote for the impeachment inquiry.

According to Politico Democrat leadership are in a panic and urgently trying to get ahold of Van Drew.  The optics of a democrat changing parties at the same time they are trying to sell the validity of an impeachment narrative are terrible.

[…] Van Drew’s congressional and campaign staff were informed he was planning to switch parties on Saturday, according to Democratic sources. The question was now when, not if, Van Drew was joining the Republican Party, according to several Democrats with knowledge of the ongoing conversations.

As of Saturday afternoon, it was still unclear if Van Drew would make the announcement before the House votes on impeachment, which is expected Wednesday.

“It was supposed to be bipartisan, it was supposed to be incontrovertible. It was supposed to be something that was always on the rarest of circumstances,” Van Drew told reporters about impeachment earlier this week. “Well it’s not bipartisan.” (read more)

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Decepticons, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Donald Trump, Election 2020, Impeachment, Legislation, media bias, Nancy Pelosi, Notorious Liars, President Trump. Bookmark the permalink.

421 Responses to New Jersey Democrat Congressman, Jeff Van Drew, Will Switch Parties Over Impeachment Fraud…

1. joeknuckles says:

I see a lot of negative reaction here and elsewhere to this guy defecting to the Republican Party. I think the negativity is idiotic. I know this is a fantasy, but bear with me for a minute. Imagine, if you will, all truly patriotic Democrats (surely there are at least a few) defecting to the Republican Party and rendering the crooks and radicals in the Democrat Party utterly powerless. We could then move the country forward in a positive manner. Granted, we would then have serious policy differences within our own party, but we could work them out among ourselves like Americans. We need to restore he civil society. Holding out for ideological purity will get us nowhere.
    Jeff Van Drew is welcome to join the fight with us for now. As far as his re-election goes, he’s going to have to make his case for that.

• MTB says:

Still need to be careful, with cointel ops and all….

• rondonmonson says:

Not really….once these local Dems get to Wash. DC and figures out how crooked and evil the Dem Party BOSSES are a lot of them are probably wondering what in the hell was I thinking, these FREAKS are commies AND they are like mob bosses, they own my vote OR ELSE, meaning I vote their way or they will run someone against me in the Primaries. So this man told Nancy to go to hell, the others fell ij line, that tells me hes probably OK.

• Julia Adams says:

The optics alone of Van Drew switching parties and saying he will vote No on impeachment are worse than terrible for the Democrats and their complicit media who are aiding and abetting in an unprecedented abuse of Congressional power.

They are worried that his action might give credence to more Democrats “breaking ranks” and go against the political flow.

• Dave Radetsky says:

Yes, the optics are terrible for the Democrats, but sadly the mainstream media will probably not report it or only report it as a footnote. The vast majority of Americans still get their news from the MSM and so, unfortunately, not nearly as many people will hear of this as should. This is important for us all to remember and make sure we tell everyone we know about it. It’s up to us to educate the public. This is a perfect example of something powerful we can share with people to open their eyes to what’s going on.

• Robert Smith says:

Exactly my view.

Doesn’t matter to me right now if he’s outraged at impeachment, wants to save his seat, or both.

• California Joe says:

I totally agree! Look at Ted Cruz and how he stabbed President Trump in the back at the convention! There are others like Levin too. We have to be welcoming to all who want to ride the Trump train! I’ve read here that this guy is very strong on the 2A so that says a lot. Another thing I’m from suburban New York and there are millions of solid Conservative Republicans all over New York, New Jersey and Connecticut which is home to Bill O’Reilly and Sean Hannity. Lots of cops, firefighters and union construction workers. In college I worked in a camping chain store in NJ that sold every kind of rifle and shotgun made including Browning, Winchester, Marlin and Remington. In the Fall we’d sell out of ammo for deer season!

• Sherri Young says:

Donald Trump was not the president at that convention. We had at least two delegates from my congressional district who were Cruz supporters who wanted a brokered convention.

• meteorofpoo says:

let us all know when that camping chain store sells out of ammo for rebellion season.
        the 2A wasn’t created for hunting.
        I don’t mean to sound like like a nut but the long and short of it is that the 2nd amendment was never created to hunt. I know a state police officer in upstate NY that does idpa.
        THAT guy gets it.
        he said that when they outlaw firearms, he will be an outlaw.

• Phil Bacon says:

We need more of these fragile DEMS to pull a van Drew.

• Trump2016!! says:

I agree with your comment.

• Real Jersey says:

No, Van Drew is my Congressman. He was owned by the unelected Democrat machine boss George Norcross. The Murphy administration and the Norcross machine absolutely hate each other and are bitter, bitter enemies. Same party, but one controls the north and the other the south. Van Drew is now hated by both and he’s looking to save his ass by sucking up to the Republican party. He’s nothing but an opportunist who dresses like a $3.00 pimp and wallows in the attention like a pig in mud. The President praising him will only reinforce his overinflated ego. He needs to be wary of this guy.

• Sunshine says:

I just looked up his Wiki page. He seems to be more of a Repub than a Dem. He supports individual gun rights, NRA association, pipelines, he opposed Nancy Pelosi as Speaker.

• not2worryluv says:

I say- Merry Christmas and welcome to the Basket of Deplorables. We have plenty of room for more!

• I agree! Trump has Welcomed him to the party and we should embrace his as well! If he turns out to be fake then we will see what happens!

2. Zy says:

Anyone know how the MSM propagandists are playing this? I know it’s good entertainment for us for a couple days. But if it was a R going D it would be huge on the Sunday shows.

3. Sherri Young says:

4. Doppler says:

Like a lot of Treepsters, I’ve been very impatient for the Atomic Hammer of Truth to fall with great fury to smite to oblivion the legions of lying Lucifer-wanna-be deep-staters abusing FBI powers, gaming government powers generally. But I realized that our VSG PDJT decided in September 2018 to wait, wait, wait till his opponents have throw their best shot, their very best shot, before creaming them Rocky-style for all time till their ancestors hurt bad.

He could do it in the Senate while on trial, but I’d be even happier if the Pelosi-Schiff-Nadler trifecta fell apart of its own weight with a no vote on impeachment in the House, followed by a no vote on censure in the House, followed by a no-confidence vote on Pelosi, followed by a flood of Durham information/pleas and indictments, FISA Court contempt proceedings, Judge Sullivan contempt findings and reversal of Flynn plea and dismissal of all charges, a long march of journalist mea culpas or firings, and a general return to normalcy, leading up to the Trump landslide of 2020.

Wakey, wakey.

• Doppler says:

Should be “long march of journalist mea culpas, accompanied by video of a long march of perp walks . . . . “

• Doppler says:

And Presidential pardons or sentence commutations for Manafort, Cohen, Stone and every other victim of Andrew Weissman ever wrongfully given the bum’s rush to prison by that disgrace to Justice.

• Austin Holdout says:

It wouldn’t have to be either there is a senate trial where crimes are exposed or a bunch of crimes never get exposed if the Senate would just end the impeachment risk efficiently and then open investigations into Dem corruption. If we could trust our Republican Senators to investigate the real crimes, I would say it’s best for the impeachment to end without a lot of testimony in the Senate. Big “if”.

• neal s says:

Compelling people to testify under oath is relatively easy in senate impeachment trial where crazy dems and others all want impeachment. But getting testimony for any other reason is likely to be met with great resistance from dems and media and many others. You cannot trust the uniparty republicons to investigate real crimes.

The main upside of a senate impeachment trial, is helping to open the eyes of the public to the very real illegal activities of practically everyone other than PDJT and his team.

• Pegm says:

Unless we have a handle on voter fraud, which I’m not sure we do, as there is never any news about what they are doing to prevent fraud both at the polling places and in the mail, I can only pray it is a landslide. These criminals are lead by the Devil.

• JC says:

Love this post, Doppler. That first sentence is delectable. Can never have too many “smite to oblivion[s]” when referring to the “lying Lucifers”.

5. MaineCoon says:

Who’s going to be the First Follower of Drew and make a movement of Dems deflecting to R?

Video shows how it’s done….

• Ray Runge says:

So agree. Spontaneous combustion on a hillside dance floor is a fine illustration.

The iinternational stars are aligned as displayed in the Brit’s rejection of the choking EU bureaucracy. As POTUS Trump’s opposition are a screaming bunch of totalitarian coup plotters, the energy to charge the dance floor to provide a Trump Republican majority for the House becomes goal within reach.

6. Troublemaker10 says:

7. Patience says:

It wouldn’t be a surprise if president Fartwell and Pencilneck
    >claim another Schitt ‘case’ of bribery. LOL

8. Boston Bean says:

Strange, silly–very profound! I wonder if Trump & Co. have a few “first followers” waiting in the wings to follow Peterson. That would be great!

9. Troublemaker10 says:

• umr_engnr says:

The people who put their name on the record for this impeachment sham will not be forgotten. 100 years from now people will still know who voted to impeach a President that did nothing wrong, during a time of unparalleled prosperity. Is it worth it to please the radical left? Maybe Van Drew got tired of being commanded around like a dog by Democrat leadership. I don’t have to agree with his politics to appreciate him doing the right thing.

10. Democratic Party leaders “simply assume” that every Member of Congress who wears a blue T-shirt will blindly obey what they are told. I think they’re dead wrong.

11. BitterC says:

What a tough crowd! I don’t care about his voting history. It’s his future votes that matter.

Either way, it’s a great PR move for our side. Might have to try and stomach F Chuck Todd or Shorty tomorrow to see if they mention & what they say

12. gigi says:

He’s welcome, but I’ll believe it when I see it. And even if you do, Mr. Van Drew, we’ll be tracking your voting record, pal.

13. gigi says:

He’s welcome to the Party-if he’s devoted to Conservativism. But I’ll believe it when I see it. And even if you do, Mr. Van Drew, we’ll be tracking your voting record. We don’t cotton to the likes of self-serving, cry-baby thumbsuckers like Romney, Lindsey, and company, or underhanded (fill-in-the-blank) like McConnell (who really does sound like he has marbles in his mouth–as observed by Wayne Allen Root).

• dougofthenorth says:

Let me suggest the wary are ridiculous! The uniparty has most of you hog tied and you do not even realize it. One more on our side right now is good news. Whether he is a real conservative of not means nothing in the long run. All politicians vote and operate exactly the same. They use the same manual when interacting with voters, they pander to any constituency that will listen and of course go where the money is flowing freely.
      So I say wise up, I do not care for the reason so much as I do the win.
      Even our President is not a conservative, he is a MAGA pragmatist.
      Deal with it and lets win this thing.

14. JIM COMEY IS A WEASEL_DOUG says:

Goin hot…..

Somebody upthread posted about 1st followers. Well, today I was at my CongressWeasel’s town hall in a red to blue district. Mr CongressWeasel was going thru his 1st years acheivements and talking like Johnny Middle of the Road. Bemoaning “partisanship” and how America just needs to “come togther”.

When he came to the topic of MUHpeachment he announced to the gleeful crowd he was voting FOR MUHpeachment. After the thunderous applause calmed down, I let out a humongous BOOOOOOOOO!!!! I was the only one booooing!!

Of course there was mubbling and chatter but I faintly heard some agreement. At the end of QA COngressWeasel had his handler shut talk down and ignored my raised hand. So gathering up my nutsac I went and confronted Mr CongressWeasel.

I complimented him on the measures I agreed with him on, then I asked him what he planned to do about the RAMPANT CORRUPTION the IG revealed to the American People in the FBI and DOJ. He turned a nice shade of white. He thought he was going to get out of there without out a scratch. I beefed him hard about DNC corruption and the FACT that the fake Russia Hoax was what “divided us” and that his party was the cause.

His arguements devolved into Muddled Madders talking points and of course the strawman, “So your’e saying Russia didnt meddle and Ukraine did”, and “17 intel agency” bullcrap. I spanked him so hard his handler had to interrupt and save him. Good God that felt good.
    As I left the place I thought I was alone but I heard a group of people talking in the parking lot. They were saying what BS the whole townhall was. When I walked up they recognized me as “that guy” and we began an hour long discussion. We talked Trump 2020, all of them follow Bongino and I offered them a limb at the Treehouse. We agreed, NEXT TIME, we’ll bring more people to Mr. CongressWeasel’s townhall and have our voices heard.
    Cold Anger must turn to Action!!

15. JIM COMEY IS A WEASEL_DOUG says:

Goin’ Hot!

Cold Anger must turn to Action!!

16. k4jjj says:

A Democrat willing to change parties because of a political lynching is someone to be admired and respected. This guy will be trashed by his former colleagues. When someone in the lynch mob denounces the process, he is acting with moral courage. One man of courage can change history.

Few politicians can admit their mistakes publicly and change course. This guy is one of them. They are rare and deserve admiration.

Christians believe in repentance and forgiveness.

17. ATheoK says:

Walkaway is valid for Congress critters as much as it is for voters.

Part of the trouble expressed by some is that the Coastal elitists have moved democrats far into the world of loons and lunatics. Leaving moderate liberals far behind and shaking their heads.

As the moderate liberal overcome their institutional hatred of Conservatives, they find an amazing breadth of topics that are much more agreeable to their point of view than rabid PC social world shaming leftists.
    The more that show up at CTH, the more that will recognize common sense and a much wider revelation of real facts, unlike MSM fake news. Once they get a taste of reality, it is very hard to keep marching off the leftist’s abyss.

18. Sherri Young says:

Looks like the Dimms in Jeff Van Drew’s district saw his vote for / against impeachment as a make or break decision. He obviously plans to vote against impeachment. Poll inside the tweet.

19. JustTheFactsPlease says:

The Washington Post article at https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/trump-urges-rep-van-drew-anti-impeachment-democrat-to-switch-parties/2019/12/14/b201bb4a-1ea0-11ea-8d58-5ac3600967a1_story.html says Prof. Brigid Callahan Harrison said, “I think Republicans, Democrats and independents all recognize a traitor and value loyalty.”

Loyalty to what? To a political party?

The House oath of office is “I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.” ( https://history.house.gov/Institution/Origins-Development/Oath-of-Office/ )

So Rep. Jeff Van Drew swore to support the defend the US Constitution. He didn’t swear to support and defend the Democratic political party.

Sorry, Prof. Harrison, but I think you’re wrong about “loyalty” in this case.

20. GREENMIRROR says:

Dem list against impeachment starting to grow…maybe they all will switch before the vote!

Anthony Brindisi (D. NY-22
    Josh Gottheimer (D. NJ-05
    Susie Lee (D. NV-03)
    Collin Peterson (D. MN-07
    Jeff Van Drew (D. NJ-02
    Kendra Horn (D. OK-05
    Joe Cunningham (D. SC-01
    Ben McAdams (D. UT-04

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Here are 16 other Democrats vulnerable in Red States who may vote against impeachment in hopes of keeping their jobs. They are 2 in TX, 2 in FL, 3 in AZ, 5 in PA, 2 in MI, 1 each in GA, & WI.

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Republicans in the House need how many “walkaway votes” to defeat this sham impeachment? Magic number appears to be 20.

Posted above are 24 potential people who are not beholden to Nancy Pelosi and know that she will not be the Speaker of the House after the next election.

21. Bulldog84 says:

“And senior Dems have been scrambling to reach him all day.”

Cue the dem blackmail machine.

22. JIM COMEY IS A WEASEL_DOUG says:

My CongressWeasel suggested than Dems who vote against MUHpeachment are doing so due the “poll numbers” in their district. The High and Mighty like himself are doing out of “principle”.

I suggested to him, maybe it was because he was afraid of losing out on Mike Bloomberg $$$$ for 2020.

23. CTH Fan says:

I posted this once and I will post it again.

Both President Reagan and President Trump were once Democrat and “Walked Away”. Two best
    Presidents ever.

I wonder how many Treepers that are complaining know this.

24. dawg says:

Keep up the pressure on the House dems! “ROLLIB”?

25. gulffrit says:

Great! I hope more Dems will follow suit!

26. S. Armaticus says:

I knew the DemocRats got their idea from somewhere, but I just couldn’t put a finger on it…

27. Trump Train says:

Look this is no different that what goes on over in the middle east with the US. We align ourselves with enemies when it benefits both parties. They are our allies or supports and when that need ends so does the relationship.

The rinos, neocons ect are gravitation to support Trump but its based upon their self interest. Don’t think for one second if the time called for them to stab him in the back they wouldn’t.

28. Politics can’t “fix” the criminality shown by anti-Trumpers in politics (it can’t be fixed, it has to be uprooted and burned). I would think more highly of van Drew if he changed to “Independent”, while voting against the criminal Democrats..

29. Lol133 says:

That’s just as ridiculous as thr impeachment process. Those Democrats voted honestly and legally for a democrat to represent them… He ran on that ticket. Switching horses in midstream doesn’t make him a Republican in ideology.
    He needs to stay right where he is as a Democrat and oppose the rott in his camp not bailing to the winning side… We ( Republicans who voted for Trump don’t need his traitorous leaning on our side…. He could switch again in midstream… Not wanted as Maxine Waters would say).

• Gary says:

“Shreds the Constitution” yup actually says that! Oh wait …now I understand, they only took the job to promote their “values”.