Chopper pressers are the best pressers; but twilight chopper pressers in the rain are even better.  President Trump delivers remarks to the press poll as he departs the White House for a rally in Pennsylvania. [Video and Transcript Below]

[Transcript] – THE PRESIDENT: Okay. It’s pretty wet out here. We’re going to Hershey, Pennsylvania, tonight. We have a big rally — a lot of people, tremendous lines, great enthusiasm. There’s never been this enthusiasm, in my opinion, for the Republican Party. The Republicans have stuck together through the witch hunt. It’s a terrible thing, but even the Democrats — they couldn’t find very much because they put up two articles that, frankly, are very weak. And they’re very weak.

Also, they approved, today, of all days — we’ve been waiting a year — and they approved today the USMCA. And I call that the “silver lining” to impeachment. Because without the impeachment, they would have never approved it, in my opinion. The impeachment is the reason they approved it.

And interestingly, one hour after the news conference, they went out and did a news conference on the big trade deal — the great trade deal, one of the greatest trade deals ever made for our country. And the reason is they wanted to muffle down the impeachment because they’re embarrassed by it, and they couldn’t get the votes. And that’s exactly what happened.

But, very importantly, today we get USMCA. And that’s going to be a great thing for our farmers, our manufacturers, for our — for just about everybody. That’s good for everybody, unions included.

I spoke with Richard Trumka. I spoke to James Hoffa. And we had good talks. That’s the union people. I did that a few days ago. We had some very good talks. And everybody is really loving the USMCA. So we’re very happy about that. Very, very happy.

Q Mr. President, sir, do you believe your impeachment is inevitable, sir? Do you believe your impeachment is inevitable?

THE PRESIDENT: Say it. You go ahead.

Q Do you believe that your impeachment is inevitable, sir?

THE PRESIDENT: Is what?

Q That your impeachment is inevitable. Do you think you will now be impeached? The fourth in history — third.

THE PRESIDENT: Well, I think the Democrats — I can’t imagine they vote for it because we did nothing wrong. There was absolutely nothing done wrong. They’ve analyzed my conversation every way you can.

And when you talk about — you know, the word “favor” was mentioned, and it was mentioned — not me a “favor.” You just saw the way it was. And it was nothing to do with me; this has to do with the United States. The word was “us.” “Can you do us a favor?” Then we talk about the country, and we talk about seeing the Attorney General of the United States.

When you look at it — and that was just a part of it — it was a congratulatory call. And there were two of them. Nobody even mentions the other one. We had another one, where they won — originally, he won the election.

And I think it’s a disgrace that people can make impeachment out of nothing. That was a perfect conversation. If you looked at Mark Levin, he analyzed the conversation — one of the great constitutional lawyers. Many of them have. They were perfect conversations. There’s nothing to impeach on, and I think it’s a disgrace. I think it’s an absolute — I think it’s an absolute disgrace.

So, let’s say they vote on it. I don’t know when they’re going to vote. Who knows? All I know is they were very embarrassed by it, and that’s why they brought up USMCA an hour after, because they figure it’ll muffle it a little bit.

And if you look at — if you look at the poll numbers, the Firehouse poll just came out, and we’re way ahead of everybody in every state, every — you know, most of the — I think most of the swing states. We’re way ahead.

And you know what? I don’t know if that’s impeachment or the fact that we have the best economic numbers that we’ve ever had in our country. We have the best unemployment numbers and employment numbers. We have the best numbers we’ve ever had in our country. And so I think that has something to do with it.

You saw, on Friday, 266,000 jobs — new jobs. And other countries, all over the world, they’re not doing well. We’re doing great. We’re the hottest country in the world. So I think that has a lot to do with it.

So I’m going out to now — we’re going out now —

(Cross-talk.)

Excuse me. We’re going out now to Hershey, Pennsylvania. Some of you are coming, I assume. We’ll see you there. We’re going to make a comment about it.

Thank you all very much.

[END TRANSCRIPT]

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, President Trump, Press Secretary - Trump, Uncategorized, USMCA. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to President Trump Impromptu Presser Departing the White House – Video and Transcript…

1. Autonomous Collective says:

Trump in Hershey: Lisa page got Restraining Order on Peter Strzok!! 😳😳😳

2. Autonomous Collective says:

“One of the Biggest Rallies I’ve Ever Seen!” – NBC’s Far Left Reporter @KatyTurNBC Caught on Video at Trump Rally in Hershey, PA https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/12/one-of-the-biggest-rallies-ive-ever-seen-nbcs-far-left-reporter-katie-tur-caught-on-video-at-trump-rally-in-hershey-pa/ … via @gatewaypundit

3. Mike in a Truck says:

A warm and joyful Christmas Season- and the drips in the MSM have to stand out in the cold rain. Warms my heart. And no Christmas party for them!

4. Ospreyzone says:

The timing of USMCA approval …”allows democrats to try and dilute the political nature of the impeachment scheme by referencing the Trump administration USMCA vote as an example of Democrats not being political. This is how they scheme.” – Sundance

…and PDJT sees it for what it is. Great job, SD – You nailed it again.

• chuckyschmucky says:

Could this Democrat stunt possibly be any MORE transparently political? Lol.

No, but the corrupt DNC media will play right along, dutifully admiring the naked emperor’s clothes.

5. dawg says:

“And the reason is they wanted to muffle down the impeachment because they’re embarrassed by it, and they couldn’t get the votes. And that’s exactly what happened.

So it’s a terrible thing when they do something like that. But now it goes to, I guess, a vote. And I assume they will probably — you have to have the votes. They’re very weak articles.”

So Im trying to translate that. It sounds like they couldnt get the votes for impeachment so they told the vulnerable Ds they could vote for USMCA if they also voted for impaechment?

“And I assume they will probably…..” Was he about to say “impeach me”?

If these House Dems impeach the President the week before Christmas for this bogus nonsense the American public at large will not forgive them.

6. As I have said before, the President must go on the legal offensive now, in order to protect both this President and all future Presidents and Supreme Court Justices. The delicate system of checks and balances designed into our Constitution now hangs in the balance, threatened by a thing which they expressly prohibited: a Bill of Attainder. (See §1.9.3, §1.10.1.)

“No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto law shall be passed.”

“The Judicial Power of the United States is vested in a Supreme Court …”

The Founders did not permit impeachment due to “maladministration,” but only for high crimes … that is to say, real ones. (Such as: giving a foreign government six hours to fire a prosecutor who’s sniffing too closely at the heels of a family that embezzled billions of dollars in US Aid … that sort of thing.) The Executive and Judicial Branches do not serve at the pleasure of Congress, which can respond to a finding of crime but cannot on its own authority declare that one exists.

If we do not directly confront “the Lawfare people” and their nonsensical “novel legal theories,” there will be no end to the mischief – and, tyranny – that will be the result of it. We can “read the lessons of history,” as our Founders did. We must not repeat them.

7. Guessed says:

It looks like Trump is holding his own umbrella, not degrading some Marine by making him hold it for him, like Obama used to do.

8. Harvey Lipschitz says:

For Jerry-go-round (emphasis on round) he can have a single serving size of breakfast dozen donuts with holes and have the energy to pound the gavel if a Republican calls for fairness. PT is the most powerful leader of the most powerful country and asking for the scoop on Crossfire corruption is “abuse of power”. Is the second scoop of ice cream abuse of power?

Is requesting the scoop on spygate abuse of power?