U.S. Attorney John Durham Does Not Agree With IG Horowitz Conclusions…

U.S. Attorney John Durham is currently doing a criminal investigation into how the intelligence community, CIA, ODNI and DOJ/FBI originated the investigation of candidate Donald Trump.  U.S. Attorney Durham does not agree with the conclusions presented by Inspector General Horowitz:

“I have the utmost respect for the mission of the Office of Inspector General and the comprehensive work that went into the report prepared by Mr. Horowitz and his staff. However, our investigation is not limited to developing information from within component parts of the Justice Department.

Our investigation has included developing information from other persons and entities, both in the U.S. and outside of the U.S. Based on the evidence collected to date, and while our investigation is ongoing, last month we advised the Inspector General that we do not agree with some of the report’s conclusions as to predication and how the FBI case was opened.”(link)

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Conspiracy ?, Decepticons, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, Donald Trump, Election 2020, FBI, IG Report FISA Abuse, media bias, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Spygate, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

300 Responses to U.S. Attorney John Durham Does Not Agree With IG Horowitz Conclusions…

1. namberak says:

I’m guessing Durham can investigate right up to 1/20/21 or 1/20/25 as needed.

2. Redhotrugmama says:

My impression is that both Bondo Barr’s statement and Durham’s statement were ONLY made to placate PDT ane his supporters. Period. Those of you expecting Durham and/or Barr to do anything more than that are in for more disappointments. Lets face same facts. The Democrats are shrewd and know how to fight dirty and sadly Republicans do not. In DC politics nice guys dont win. Only shrewd fighters. I sadly also predict PDT will be impeached by the Senate in order to save all their butts. PDT can authorize and direct declassification but…….no one is going to follow his orders and that includes bondo Barr. Barr will come up with reasons why he cant declassify.

Today is the beginning of the end. And no i am not a eyeore. I am a realist.

• joeknuckles says:

You are right. We’re all doomed. /s

• Peoria Jones says:

RedHotRug seems quite sure of her authority. Maybe we should start giving away our valuables, and make funeral arrangements?

• Super Elite Lt. Col. Covfefe999 says:

We’re all gonna die, say the Eeyores. 🙂

• FrankieZee says:

The TRUMPSTER is not going down without a fight. Take that to the bank.

• Issy says:

No, Trump is not, and I don’t believe the senate will remove him from office. People can make all the excuses for Horowitz they want to, but he is wrong.

I am well aware of the limitations he has in an investigation, but how he can conceivably say the investigation was legal when it was based on an unsubstantiated report where they abused the fisa process. Probable cause my foot! The only thing that is probable here is that Horowitz is preserving the fbi criminals.

• California Joe says:

The FBI opens a full scale counter intelligence investigation into the Trump Campaign on the flimsiest of evidence in 2016…meanwhile back in 2015, Hunter Biden returns from China on Air Force One with the Vice President of the United States and a check for $1.5 billion from the same government responsible for the launch of ICBM missiles over Japan at Hawaii and the FBI investigates NOTHING?

• dottygal says:

They are all deep staters. Trump and Barr need to find some bipartisan people to work at the DOJ. I’ll bet you $5 Horowitz and those FBI boobs donated to and voted for HRC.

• LouisianaTeaRose says:

P—

This is a pervasive problem on this blog. For the life of me, considering the high quality of deliberation found here
          at any given time, I do not understand it. If someone really, really wants to step out into the path of oncoming traffic just because they aren’t intellectually and/or emotionally capable of enduring a process that MUST play out, then so be it.

Sad. Let’s pray. With hearts full of love, of course.

I’ve seen many more compelling tantrums conducted by pre-schoolers on the floor of the cereal isle at Wal-Mart on Saturday afternoon.

It’s boring and pathetic.

Obama would be so proud to have that kind of “support”, only possibly matched by such ample faith in Truth losing to tyranny. Which is in itself pathetic, because Truth really has a good chance.

Just ask our President, who has shown himself to be Truth’s greatest champion. And REVEALING TRUTH is a battle I really don’t think he has ever given the slightest

• LouisianaTeaRose says:

…thought that he could possibly lose.

That’s why he is a winner.

Lord, please don’t ever let Trump give in to people who claim to be on his side, as they map out and concede to those who are out to destroy him, and subsequently, us.

• Careful LTR! You’re going to get the “trusty planny” treatment I’ve come to realize means I must be doing something right. lol

And all because I believe there is more than hope involved in the entire situation, because I understand trolling, Trump level trolling, pretty well. I have my own stories there.

And our President is teh Greatest Troll ever, way over “their” heads and many many steps ahead of them… and not alone in this fight, he probably has nearly 80 million Americans backing him by now!

Let that Big Ass Net keep filling up, so be it… I’d rather see all of them in it before the hammer drops. It’s fine… 😉

• Super Elite Lt. Col. Covfefe999 says:

Barr is clearly not trying to expose anything.

Opening an investigation and appointing a federal prosecutor refutes your claim, as does the statement he issued today. You have NOTHING to base your claim on.

• Number of coup conspirators even indicted: 0

Number of Trump allies with their lives ruined over bullshyt: about a half dozen.

A STATEMENT is your evidence that Barr is going to do something? You’re taking a DC swamp creature at his word? What is wrong with you? I’m not smart anymore, is there a word for exaggerated wishful thinking? haha That’s what’s going on, and I’m a Leftist troll. LOLOLOL That’s hilarious.

• I’m not trying to convince anyone of anything. I’m lashing out because I’m seeing a TON of fellow Trump supporters being naive.

This whole accusing me of ROLCON is a JOKE! I have the Anti-Communist flag tattooed on my forearm! I HATE the Left. That’s probably the 30th time that’s happened. It’s absurd.

A couple OIG reports ago I sounded JUST like most of you. I was posting the “SOON” memes online, I even texted a couple friends that Sessions was going to save the Country! LOL True story.

There’s a CLEAR pattern and it’s pure cover-up. Literally no one on the Left has gotten in ANY trouble. Has anyone even been INDICTED? THINK about that! Meanwhile they’re raiding an elderly man with dozens and locking up Manafort for life(or pardon), and Wray is STILL running the FBI. And this is trolling? This is the TRUTH. Some of you just haven’t accepted it yet. Barr is not saving us and if that’s true than Durham is not saving us.

The only people that can truly save Trump are Trump himself and his immediate family plus maybe Pompeo and a couple guys in the House. That’s it. There’s so much money and so many DIRTY people involved.

• redhotrugmama says:

Thank you. Many on this site forget where AG Barr got his start and who recommended his appointment.

• Super Elite Lt. Col. Covfefe999 says:

I LOVE this statement!

I’ve always been amazed by the eagerness of the Eeyores to share their misery, an attempt to bring everyone down to their suicidal level apparently. I recall recently one Eeyore who actually laughed openly at people who still had some hope. I would hate to be around people like this during a war.

• redhotrugmama says:

That’s right……………..let the process play out. Durham can take all the time he wants………..meanwhile this moves to a Senate impeachment trial……………..overseen by Justice Roberts……………….who is over the FISA court…………………….with the jury being against PDT for the most part. I supposed after PDT is impeached and Durham perp walks maybe one person we may have our justice right?

And lets not forget many on tis site mention PDT declassification………well he can order declassification (he gave Barr permission) how about all of the documents that have been declassified to date? /s

How about who controls the Senate trial rules…..

Tisk tisk…………………be realistic. You were let down today with the white washed IG report weren’t you?

• Peoria Jones says:

Rose, interrupting the “high quality of deliberation found here” is a feature for these types – not a bug. 😉

Some of the all-knowing prognosticators (on either end of the spectrum) may eventually be proven right. But it will only be due to the physics of a stopped clock.

• joeknuckles says:

Maybe we should get ready to hitch a ride on the next passing comet.

• redhotrugmama says:

Hardly my authority. I will say I was a secondary victim and witness in a DP case that involved the FBI some years ago and I am sadly familiar with their tactics and how they handle evidence. And it isn’t good or legal. This just proves once again they get away with it. If many will recall their labs beginning back in 2014 were under investigation…………..and nothing ever came of it.

The timeline of the Senate impeachment trial and Durhams investigation are converging. Question is which one will happen first? If PDT is impeached (and sadly I am beginning to think this is going to happen lets face the facts here far too many Democrats AND Republicans are corrupt and PDT and Ukraine presents a danger to them and their money) then Durham investigation quietly ends.

IMHO Durham will take as long as he feels is necessary and the probability of any perp walks is very low.

With what everyone on this site has learned thanks to SD’s excellent writing since PDT won the election you really think anyone is going to be held accountable? Face the facts…………..PDT’s own party except a very few don’t want him in office as he presents a risk to them.

I am NOT a troll/eyeore. I have been pro MAGA since day 1. I am just a voracious reader, a person that has had the unfortunate experience of having to deal with the FBI, FOIF requests and 302’s and I know their game. The Democrats also have game where the Republicans fail.

Everyone involved in the DOJ and FBI is more concerned with the “institutions” rather that fair justice for all. Those facts are quite obvious.

I would love nothing more than to be wrong.

• Peoria Jones says:

We’ve all had disappointments. However, the pendulum keeps swing back-n-forth so rapidly that there is no reasonable choice but to wait it out to see where it falls. There are so many tiny little bits of weight on either side, that it is incalculable at this point.

You may choose to err on the side of the swamp/deepstate/globalists, but YOU. DON’T KNOW.

• Doug Amos says:

You are underestimating The Deplorables. Come back in 24 hours after the media maggots have cleansed the manna for the living brain donors and you will realize they are seeking a middle ground that does not exist anymore.

• redhotrugmama says:

What are the Deplorables going to start an online brigade? Be serious…………being a keyboard warrior won’t do anything. The Democrats……………..now they are organized and funded for protests we all know that. Where are the 63 million that voted for PDT? At home…………….not protesting what has happened to our President that is for sure. Here we sit on a blog arguing instead of taking action right?

• DJ Snyder says:

More likely you’re a demoralizing troll.
      As long as Trump is POTUS, there’s hope. And there’s no way this weak sauce impeachment hearing is going to succeed.

• treehouseron says:

Not only while President Trump is President, but don’t be surprised if the Lord raises up another man after him to be an even greater President for the world. Stranger things have happened before and I am not one to give up on the brink of a miracle. We’re II this close.

• zorrorides says:

Treehouse !! Now this is the most wonderful thing I’ve read since — well, on Sunday I read a paper booklet of Liturgy of the Word and of the Eucharist, and that contained some world-shaking stuff — but your comment above

“… but don’t be surprised if the Lord raises up another man after him to be an even greater President for the world.”

but your comment above wins the internet tournament for today (Monday) and probably for tomorrow too. Thank you, Ron.

• Super Elite Lt. Col. Covfefe999 says:

I’m liking Jim Jordan. There are others too.

• redhotrugmama says:

Hardly. What I am is a realist that grew up in VA with a good seat to the “swamp” and all that comes with it.

• Bigbadmike says:

your a reality winner

• Don McAro says:

We will know soon enough… My bet it never gets to the senate… and I’m saying this because Schiff would not deliver the goods to the hearing today.

• redhotrugmama says:

What you really think Lindsey Graham is on PDT’s side………………….hahaha remember he is involved and he is responsible for Senate Judiciary.

Be realistic and set your expectations accordingly.

Prepare for the worst and pray for the best.

• Bogeyfree says:

I agree and will take it a step farther on Ukraine and the DS brilliance in opening up the Ukraine Corruption. Why??

At first glance one might think why would they pick Ukraine to frame PT as that is too close to their own corruption?

Answer – IMO they knew many Republican Senators also had their hand in the till so by exposing Ukraine and framing PT with Ukraine, the DS knew the Senate would never allow Ukraine Corruption to be exposed and take Republican Senators down. They knew it would become him or them (PT or The Republican Senators) and human nature is you save yourself and thus 20 will vote to impeach PT.

PT gets screwed in the end and everyone else in DC is an incredible angel and walks away in the clear.

• William Ripskull says:

Durham and Barr are after one thing… the TRUTH. Wait for the evidence, don’t dismiss it just because you dislike Trump and the truth supports him.

• DebbieSemms says:

I consider myself a skeptic but consider your view a bit far out.

• treehouseron says:

Has anybody seen Redhotrugmama’s tail? I know it’s around here someplace. It’s not much of a tail… but it’s the only one she’s got.

• John Davis says:

Thanks for noticin.

• Frank says:

If the situation was reversed the left would be rioting in the streets over this report. The depth of the rights tolerance will be our undoing.

• MacKenzie says:

Hi there, Lieutenant Colonel Vindman!!!

Glad you could drop by!

• Redzone says:

Note that Durham did NOT compliment Horowitz. Rather, he seems perturbed by Horowitz. Durham doesn’t like to make public comments but had to because Horowitz is a corrupt moron.

• Rick Koch says:

Durham doesn’t play those games.

3. magatrump says:

Well a white wash from Horowitz. More slaps on the wrists for the bad guys. One shot left with Durham. I will continue to pray for justice. Gob bless President Trump. God bless America.

• treehouseron says:

“one shot left”, uh uh. 63 million shots left at last count. It doesn’t work like that, the President has half the country supporting him, they don’t get to just do what they want. Chin up, we’re in this for the long haul.

4. neoC says:

when I enter to this webpage, another one jumps in , blocking me from seeing this webpage

• willthesuevi says:

Sundance has written about this several times. It is either a script from your browser or an attempt by your Internet Provider to block this site because it is conservative.

There are solutions. Search this site.

• wlbeattie says:

From what I gather – in the US your ISP can intercept your web page requests and insert or divert them.

If you have a VPN, use it, that will keep your ISP from spying on you!
      Who is your ISP – others may be able to help regarding them.

Good luck.

• Super Elite Lt. Col. Covfefe999 says:

I don’t know what it is that I’m doing that spares me of that problem, but I do have Flash disabled, I block popups and redirects, and I also have two different ad blockers installed and running.

5. Linda K. says:

Hey guys, Rush was talking about Conservative Treehouse and gave Sundance slight kudos today as a great analyst of the coup. He was talking about Ukraine and the OAAN story.

6. lieutenantm says:

Let the indictments begin…….we MUST now have some of these imho

7. gzuf says:

“I do think the big report to wait for is going to be the Durham report,” Trump said. “That’s the one that people are really waiting for.”

Speaking to reporters in London, Trump said the “big report” on the Russia investigation will come from U.S. Attorney John Durham, who was appointed by Attorney General William Barr in July to lead the inquiry into the origins of special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election. It’s not clear when that probe will be completed

• treehouseron says:

It amazes me how many people think he’s going to fire his powder long before the election. Now does that sound like what a Nimble Navigator would do?

Noooo, he’s gonna stretch this crap out right up to the election, I’d bet money on it. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the 2020 October surprise, he may wait that long and drive us all crazy in the meanwhile.

• plane of the ecliptic says:

I as well believe it is going to be an October surprise for the declassification “Mothers of all Mothers” information dump. My hope is one nationwide detailed fireside chat with Mike Rogers, and others articulating the Coup. Lets face it NSA has it all. Italy, UK, Australia, and all US Agency participation. We the people need to see it all before we can heal. If we ever can.

• G. Alistar says:

Hmmm, I didn’t know Durham was working on a report? Rather he was working on criminal indictments. I’d say Durham can have people arrested anytime he feels that his criminal investigation is complete…. BTW, the MSM didn’t seem to mind very much that on the eve of the midterms Mueller’s crew used outrageous tactics, tipped off CNN reporters to film it.

• California Joe says:

Durham doesn’t issue a REPORT! There’s no such thing as a report in his job. He prepares a Pros-memo which outlines the targets of the investigation, the sections of the United States Criminal Code violated and the supporting evidence. The Pros-memo goes to his superiors in this case probably AG Barr and if he agrees the matter is presented to a federal grand jury for indictments. You and I will never see a report!

• redhotrugmama says:

A goodie another white wash report! Yipee……………….
      Well Durham needs to wrap up his investigation PRIOR to the Senate impeachment trial so he has realistically about 60 days at best to do so. Do you really think that is going to happen?

Delay…………delay…………delay………….It is a tactic

8. willthesuevi says:

Since Horowitz has proven to be about useless as a IG, proven by his lack of criminal referrals in any investigation of leftist, progressive democrats; will someone please send his sorry a$$ back to the private sector?

Pretty sure that technically he works for Barr. Maybe Barr can be bothered enough to quit writing strongly worded letters and write Horowitz a pink slip.

• mimbler says:

I’ve been unable to determine his chain of command. He is appointed by the president, and is supposed to be independent so it wouldn’t make sense to me that Barr could fire him. But I don’t know for sure,

• Super Elite Lt. Col. Covfefe999 says:

Hey, it’s just like the prior report about bias. Horowitz has all of the details in the report. These people are looking really corrupt. It’s his summaries that are problematic. I do appreciate that he put it all together. It’s up to Barr to decide to charge, Barr doesn’t need referrals from Horowitz. And always remember, Horowitz is the reason Strzok, Page, and McCabe are out of their government jobs. I guess it was Rosenstein who demoted Ohr, he should have been fired though.

• willthesuevi says:

Horowitz protects the institution by conditioning the public to accept malfeasance as nothing more sinister than a traffic ticket.

As for the people who lost their jobs. Chalk it up to sacrifices or “even a blind squirrel gets an acorn once in a while”.

Horowitz is to the DOJ, what President G.W. Bush was to the Presidency. Luke warm.

• And the summaries are the only thing the MSM focuses on. Imagine that.

• hawkins6 says:

Mr. Vindman wrote: “It’s his summaries that are problematic.”

Succinctly true, bulls-eye analysis of the Report’s most egregious flaws. It’s definitely not all worthless but Horowitz just can’t write tough conclusions on anyone on his side. If the miscreants were associated with P Trump, I doubt he would hold back at all just like the rest of the DC Judges and Juries.

9. CharterOakie says:

US Attorney Durham’s “investigation is ongoing.”

And

“…we do not agree with some of the report’s conclusions as to predication and how the FBI case was opened.”

Heh. Go ahead, ‘Rats, vote for impeachment…if you dare.

All I know for sure is that our VSGPDJT is quite unperturbed and just keeps on keepin’ on, taking care of the nation’s business.

Winners aren’t losers, and he’s a proven winner.

10. Perot Conservative says:

This is a sobering comment from a trusted source … are Durham & Barr letters just pacifiers?

Where are the signs of a serious criminal investigation?

• bosscook says:

There is no such thing as a Durham “report”…it’s indictments or not. Geesh, I surprised Fitton said this.

• Super Elite Lt. Col. Covfefe999 says:

Shame on Sara Carter for posting that. We know that Barr appointed Durham, and there have been numerous reports that the “review” is now an official criminial investigation. Today we have statements from both Barr and Durham indicating that they are not in agreement with Horowitz’ summary.

• Come on with these “statements” man. They mean NOTHING. This is so frustrating. Why are so many of you clinging to that nonsense? Some Leftist on their staff probably wrote it! Wth is Barr doing blowing Wray so hard for anyways? He’s done that multiple times now. WHY?

• Chip Doctor says:

Sara remembered that Huber was supposed t0 drop the hammer. Maybe Durham is the real deal, but I understand why Tom and Sara said what they did. Huber was nothing but a fart in the wind.

• aisheschayal says:

This is rather concerning coming from T. Fitton. I’m sure others have wondered, where is this grand jury taking place, why is it taking so long? I am not giving up on Durham or Barr or hope for justice but I am seriously getting behind the Release All the Evidence ASAP, PLEASE! Tom is not alone in his skepticism, let’s hope Durham starts indicting soon, before the election would be nice. Our Congress, DOJ, FBI, CIA and State Dept. are all corrupt from the top to the core. It’s an unsettling time in the history of our Country’s existence, our laws are openly transgressed, a coup has been enacted on our duly elected President, the obviously guilty are not brought to justice and innocent people are being ruined and jailed. A fake impeachment with no cause is actually taking place and the media are covering it as if it is a valid and needed impeachment. Money laundering and kickbacks to Government employees, members of Congress, is going on at the highest levels in unbelievable amounts with foreign Countries at the expense of hardworking US citizens and sometimes at the cost of our soldiers lives. Our media is run by leftist radicals and our Constitution is being trashed and our rights are being threatened, the right to bear arms, freedom of speech, freedom of religion. We are left bewildered at what to do or where to turn. It seems we cannot trust anyone. If we in the end do not see these coup conspirators going to jail, it is indeed a stain on our great American story. However, I believe we will have President Trump for 4 more years and he will continue to drain the swamp, dry up their resources and make our Country great again. Thank God for President Trump at this time in our Country’s political crisis. He is the only one I actually trust to get ‘er done.

• Garavaglia says:

Careful posting anything questioning “trust the process”…lol…I got attacked yesterday. Reality is not where some want to exist.

• Blaze says:

I’ve been watching Sarah Carter for three tick-tocking years and her highly sensationalized news about these swampers going down bigly and her “sources’. And just now she is changing her tune. She is very pretty but I think she is full of it. She is taking journalism to a new low along with CNN.

• willthesuevi says:

Sarah is a badass. Research her career. I think this explains her prosecutorial optimism.

Where she was working was black and white where it concerns good & evil. She came back stateside and when the prosecution of malfeasance should have been a slam dunk, and wasn’t, she was thrown off her game.

Took her a while to see that DC can be more duplicitous than a Pashtun tribal meeting.

She is under no illusions now. Comparing her to CNN is crap. She has much respect from some serious and competent war-fighters.

• Observer says:

Sadly, I think this is right. I don’t think Barr or Durham will go the way of indictments. Because that would mean they’ll have to lock up many of their friends on the other side of the aisle. Its just not going to happen. Barr will keep saying a lot of fluff to keep conservatives placated, and Durham will take years for his so called investigation and maybe end up with a low level clerk arrest who’ll maybe spend 3-5 years in prison.

I would LOVE to be proved wrong. Nothing I want more. But I am seeing reality and how the game is being played.

Good news however, is Trump still seems unstoppable, and should comfortably win 2020. I take great solace in that and the future of economy in this country. But justice wise, this country is gone unless some major initiatives are taken by Trump, and completely independent somehow of his own DOJ. Maybe the military..or something.

11. Bull Durham says:

How many times are these “great American officials” going to play Lucy and pull the football away at the last second?

It’s ridiculous to believe, trust, rely on any US government official.

Expect nothing from any of them.

The Republic is gone. Stolen from the People.
    The Constitution is shredded.
    The Rule of Law exists as a Fascist System.

We all know what should be done and who should be prosecuted.
    It is highly unlikely that we will see any Justice done.

Pray for this nation and the hundreds of millions of good People.
    We deserve better, but this is our fate at this moment in history.

• Super Elite Lt. Col. Covfefe999 says:

We deserve better but we sure haven’t voted like it!

McCain
      Ryan
      Romney
      Richard Burr
      Susan Collins
      Doug Jones
      Kristen Sinema

I can go on and on.

We’re never going to make progress unless we can stop voting bad people into office. RINOs during the primaries and starve the Dems out in the general elections, that’s all we need to do. And yet we continue to see people getting all up in their emotions and threatening to not vote, or threatening to vote for Dems. These people need fixing.

• Chip Doctor says:

Rubio
        Cruz
        Joni
        Etc

We did vote in good people……they just all became ensnared by the deep state. Just voting isn’t going to cut it.

• Observer says:

Well said. Senate Establishment Republicans will keep the game rigged against Trump while only doing the bare minimum to keep conservatives somewhat placated. Get rid of them. Run fresh guys who are not vetted by the establishment. Run yourself.

• J.Thomas says:

These people depend on the laziness of conservative constituents and their lack of action. They see that all you want is to be given lip service, because that’s what you are willing to accept. They are not going to sit in their offices and do your bidding while you go about your daily life. The only way you will get anything done is to organize to support causes and to force politicians to aide by principles and advance those causes.

Its up to you.

Don’t be lazy and then run around complaining about how the sky is falling.

Quit waiting for superman and find your own cape.

12. Harry says:

Once IG goes easy, then dems will say that Barr and Durham are partisan. Only independent body IG clears their cnn commentators. What a shame for this country.

• Per contra, Harry … “the IG’s role is not to ‘go’ anywhere.” That’s a prosecutor’s job. The IG’s role is to investigate and recommend – and to immediately notify prosecutors of anything which might be criminal, but without diverting his investigation to pursue that potential criminality.

It’s a very peculiar position to take, yes, but my superficial reading suggests that Horowitz knows what he’s about. On the one hand, he knows what the enabling legislation says that he must confine himself to: “what his role is, and what it is not.” In fulfilling this charge, he has cast a very wide net, gathered together a lot of people’s testimony, and reported exactly what they said. I think that he is “oh, so carefully, toeing the line,” while giving plenty of opportunity to read between the lines.

• Ned Zeppelin says:

Bingo

• ann says:

Mike,
        So to paraphrase, Horowitz’s scope & authority is very circumscribed, but “he cast a very wide net and reported exactly what they said”
        “Plenty of opportunity to read between the lines. “

I’ll keep that in mind while reviewing .

I read this long awaited report is confined to Carter page. Why is such a limited report useful to AG Barr ?
        We know from compliance reviews of the history of “ a chronic lack of candor”.

Does that mean the AG & DoJ are still in denial of the now publicly documented history of improper, misleading writ apps & reviews?

Are FISC Reviews found findings ? In layman terms, are IG reports & FISC reviews established & pertinent evidence .

Ahhh, I don’t know quite how to say what Im asking! 🤦🏼‍♀️

• willthesuevi says:

Hi Ann,

I will attempt and answer to your question. You asked – “In layman terms, are IG reports & FISC reviews established & pertinent evidence?”

My opinion – Only if someone in the DOJ uses that “evidence” to prosecute. As we have seen in the past, an IG report usually provides both sides the opportunity to flap their wings and honk for the cameras. Not sure I have ever seen an IG report accomplish much more than political and legal theater. Long on promise – short on delivery.

Maybe this time will be different. We will see.

Happy Holidays.

• ann says:

Thank you Will.
            I’d not known prosecution is discretionary, I thought proof of very serious crimes meant arrest, as it is when you get badly assaulted 1rst degree, or bank robbers,
            Thank you. Every day I learn more about how the world really works.

Merry Christmas 🌲✨✝️

• ann says:

PS.
            Will,
            So they aren’t like real police, fair, that confront & fix bad to protect their community.
            Their job is to be conditional partial police, if they want to.
            Like you said, I’ll not expect much anymore.
            Now I know, finally it makes sense.
            Thanks again. ☦️⚖️🌲

13. Perot Conservative says:

Has our valued legal friend Ristvan weighed in?

Going back to our original “Big Ugly” hypothesis, where small players are rolled up to larger players, shouldn’t we start to see that by now?

Are subpoenas secret? Wouldn’t people be squawking?

I feel sick to my stomach. Historic illegality, a soft coup, blatant, rampant corruption, 12 criminal referrals by Devin Nunes, WORLD RECORD DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE – IN REAL TIME … and we get more whitewash and mushmouth speak?

• gda53 says:

I believe he has done so earlier on another thread.

In essence, relax, we got this. This was BAD. Ignore the spin.

Indictments for Brennan, Clapper and Comey are coming.

14. xcontra says:

sundance, I would like to know the answer to this question: based on your reading of the IG’s phonebook, of what parts of the conspiracy does Durham have a better view than the IG?

15. mtk says:

Yah… After spending three casting the President as a tyrant in the making. I am sure the optics of, “Not going down with a fight.”, is precisely the button the swamp has been trying to push.

16. AccountabilityPlease says:

We now know the FBI evidence was extremely flimsy when they started operation crossfire hurricane. Comey was, at best, derelict in his duty. How could he possibly allow an investigation to be opened into a Presidential candidate without verifying the investigators had compelling evidence? Are we to believe that he didn’t get any status updates on the high profile investigation? If he did, he would have surely known that nothing was ever corroborated and ALL of the new facts were exculpatory. It certainly seemed that he was in the loop when he called the dossier “salacious and unverified” in January 2017 testimony. If Comey didn’t stay involved, it tells me he wanted to protect his own backside. Either way, the Pontiff-of-the-Potomac has no business lecturing anyone on leadership.

17. Mike in a Truck says:

A man walks away from a wreck between a semi tanker of JP8 and a munitions train. He moves casually, in no big hurry but purposefully. Over his shoulder he tosses a lighted zippo. Witnesses confirm what he said: “This is going to be Yuge!”

18. Horowitz and his wife are big Democrats and big Democrat donors…..Why is anyone surprise??? Seriously??? Why Horowitz didn’t have to recuse himself is my question….He whitewashed for the previous Clinton’s and FBI oblivious crimes covering for the Illegal server, etc…..As of today Bill Barr and John Durham are frauds allowing this Coup to continue…..
    This dud of a Horowitz report was delayed 8 months…Why??? During that eight months has allowed the Democrats to run the scam impeachment proceedings….Coincidence?? I think not…..Barr has been given lip service since he’s been appointed AG….

19. California Joe says:

Forget Horowitz! He’s another useless empty suit just like Wray. Durham and Barr are the real deal. Unfortunately, Horowitz was only interested in absolving his clansmen of criminal liability and running interference to diminish anything Durham’s investigation uncovered hence the prompt and very blunt rebuttal from BOTH Barr and Durham! I’m shocked that Horowitz chose to defy Barr like he did but that’s what those people do when they choose between patriotism or their own people!

20. jambo says:

And so we are left with one man and the ongoing legitimacy of the US intelligence and security services is on him.

If Durham is not a white hat then they don’t exist, everybody skates and patriots must accept that knowledge and plan accordingly for the future.

• “Durham’s reputation” – just like Barr’s – “precedes him.” I’m quite sure that we are in the best legal hands possible.

The utter secrecy probably confounds us, accustomed as we now are to “leaks.” Of course we want to read the classified Criminal Evidence ourselves. Of course we are cynical and angry.

21. mark says:

what is Durham waiting for? Not one indictment? This seems to be just another investigation.

• The Law says that, “unless and until the indictments drop, having been issued by a Grand Jury which meets entirely in secret,” none of us are permitted to know anything. Prosecutors must not discuss anything to anyone. Evidence must remain secret.

Durham & Barr & Company – in direct contrast to Idiot James Comey – are professionals. They know what the laws and procedures say, and they follow them. One day, presumably, we’re going to read in the morning papers that a bunch of people just got arrested and charged. And, if that happens on Tuesday, we won’t know a thing about it on Monday. This is the law.

• willthesuevi says:

Mike Robinson,

I respect much of what you write. I do not “quite” agree with your faith in Barr. Durhams track record appears solid. He seems to respect both the constitution and the rule of law, no matter who is in his crosshairs. I think criminality from law enforcement agencies really pisses him off, bigly.

I am with Sundance on Barr, as far as how I am reading and comprehending Sundance’s comments since Barr was named AG.

My take on where Sundance is with Barr follows: Barr can be a white hat and certainly has the intelligence and legal mind to be a great Attorney General but, (and a huge but), in the past Barr has shown more loyalty to the Federal Institutions than to the common people of the USA.

I think we are hopeful Barr will see this as an opportunity to clean house publicly. NOT do the typical DC thing and handle it behind the scenes, so as to preserve the reputation of the DOJ and all they are dominion over. Hopefully not business as usual.

None of us are Nostradamus. We will see.

• Observer says:

One indictment means they all fall. Like jenga blocks. You think Strzk is going to go alone and not grab Mcabe with him? You think Mcabe is going to go alone and not grab Comey with him? And Comey is not going to go without Clinton. Clinton isn’t going to go without taking all of DC down.

He indicts one he burns down the whole house. The swamp is rotten all the way to the top.

22. icthematrix says:

I stand in middle ground. Certainly not expecting the utopian dream of sweeping prosecutions up to and including Barry and the hag. I do expect some indictments of players involved that might contain at least one major figure. Ultimately the Senate is positioning to absolve PDJT so long as he doesn’t bring a defense requirement that exposes their corruption. Will it play out? Don’t know.

I think this thing is an Obama/DNC play that was designed to hack whomever was the R nominee. Donald Trump was not just the opposition, he was hated. They used the CIA (like always) to coordinate the plan, and the small clandestine group of agency reps to execute the work.

Brennan is most likely the big fish Durham will seek to fry. That puts the DOJ and FBI into the “cleverly duped” pot that keeps their reputations from utter destruction. They will not seek to explore the corruption of Congress critters without some overwhelming revelations that cannot be ignored.

23. Magabear says:

The fake news media are of course blurting out the ” no political bias” headline, but sometimes you have to read the full paragraph.

“While we did not find documentary or testimonial evidence of intentional misconduct on the part of the case agents who assisted OI in preparing the applications, or the agents and supervisors who performed the Woods Procedures, we also did not receive satisfactory explanations for the errors or problems we identified.”

And I wonder why they didn’t receive satisfactory explanations? 🙄

24. freepetta says:

If Mr. Durham issues indictments they are going to prison and will be financially ruined by defense attorneys.
    I know well of Mr. Durham he’s a very serious and successful prosecutor. Stay tuned.

25. J.Thomas says:

Read the tea leaves.

What does Durham’s portfolio look like? He has successfully investigated Robert Mueller and the FBI and exposed their corruption before in the Whitey Bulger case.

Durham is there to chase the intelligence agencies. Will he catch them? I guarantee you that Brennan is not sleeping well.

26. NanetteDragoon says:

Never Forget Julian Assange and Seth Rich….

What is MASSIVELY concerning to me is the fact all this hanged on “Russian interference”. The entire origination of Trump surveillance by obama and team was due to “russian interference”. Barr/Durham already found much abuse of power with the faulty Steele Dossier and lawyer’s lying to use it for the basis of everything. Of course, all Dem’s then used it for the basis of continued COUP operation. This entire process of the dem’s coup, even currently with the impeachment scam, is all based still on “russian interference” and its FUBAR origination in the Steele Dossier used throughout the chain of democrats. My MASSIVE concern is this, why hasn’t Barr/Durham spoken with Julian Assange? He is the only one who has stated he has FACTUAL evidence the “russian interference” wasn’t russia but ACTUALLY the DNC. Why has Julian Assange been so sought after all these years to be locked up forever without a trace? Why nobody hears about him now after his claims and evidence against the so called “russian interference”? Seth Rich killed? Barr/Durham must interview JULIAN ASSANGE to be thorough!