Tuesday November 12th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

62 Responses to Tuesday November 12th – Open Thread

1. citizen817 says:

McNaughton
    Sketch 52…

2. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Is God Dead?

“As the Lord of hosts liveth, before whom I stand…” (I Kings 18:15).

Is God dead? According to the above passage He certainly was not dead to Elijah, who knew Him intimately as the living God. The prophet had used similar phraseology on a previous occasion when he had declared to the wicked King Ahab:

“As the Lord God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word” (1 Kings 17:1).

Elijah’s prediction had come horribly true. For three years and six months there had been no rain nor even dew in Israel. Rivers and brooks were drying up. The land lay parched and cracked in the sun. There were no crops, nor any grazing land for the cattle and they had been dying like flies.

The king himself had been brought down from his throne to search for a bit of green grass along the remaining streams “to save the horses and mules alive,” lest they “lose all the beasts.” The king’s humiliation had in turn enraged the haughty Queen Jezebel, so that she hated Elijah with a deep and bitter hatred.

Indeed, so intensely was the prophet hated by Ahab himself that the king had sent far and wide to find Elijah and had not given up until he had taken oaths from the heads of the surrounding nations that he was not to be found. It was under these circumstances that “the word of the Lord came to Elijah…saying, Go, show thyself unto Ahab…” (1 Kings 18:1). God was about to use the prophet to publicly expose the sham and impotence of Jezebel’s god Baal.

As the prophet went to look for Ahab he met Obadiah, the governor of the king’s house, and said: “Go tell thy lord, Behold, Elijah is here” (1 Kings 18:8). Obadiah shuddered at these words and begged Elijah not to make him go. He knew the bitter hatred which the king harbored toward Elijah and he feared that while he went to convey the news the Spirit of God might take Elijah away to some other place.

It was now, when it meant far more than it had meant three and a half years before, that Elijah replied: “As the Lord God of hosts liveth, before whom I stand, I will surely show myself unto him today” (1 Kings 18:15). As we know, he kept his word.

Is all this now changed? Some say yes, that God died in Christ at Calvary and is now dead! They also deny, of course, that Christ rose from the dead. But if this be true, then the story of Elijah is but a stirring memory and the Christian today is actually an ambassador, a representative of no one!

By Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

1 Kings 18:15 And Elijah said, As the LORD of hosts liveth, before whom I stand, I will surely shew myself unto him to day.

1 Kings 17:1 And Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the inhabitants of Gilead, said unto Ahab, As the LORD God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word.

1 Kings 18:1 And it came to pass after many days, that the word of the LORD came to Elijah in the third year, saying, Go, shew thyself unto Ahab; and I will send rain upon the earth.

1 Kings 18:8 And he answered him, I am: go, tell thy lord, Behold, Elijah is here.

2Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.
    17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
    18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
    19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
    20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.
    21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

2 Corinthians 6: 1 We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.
    2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

3. czarowniczy says:

No wonder so many Democrats support China:

I’m betting Schiff, Schumer and Ms Bondo-Pelosi already have the engineering plans and operations manual. If Rats win in 2020 buy stock in FEMA and Homeland Security.

• Pale rider says:

Said Muslims were rounded up, after suicide attacks in 1990 and 2000. I find that interesting because they are both an ideology of fear and control.
      Then You hear Hillary ,on camera, saying it would be a better system because things get done faster.

• czarowniczy says:

The Chinese record with Moslems is worse than the Mohammedans accuse us of being. The Chinese don’t even try to be nixey-nicey to their blood enemies, they don’t apologize to them as a group for spo bothering them they had to murder some 3000 and injure 25,000 more just to get our attention.

Note that despite an ongoing attempts to eradicate China’s Moslem population you’ll still find fresh Moslem lip prints on Xi’s butt. They know China’s not a waffle like the US, you play ball with them or they stick the bat….you know. China and the Moslem world see not only the US Congress and population continually begging the Moslems not to hit us again, promising to be nicer and bite the pillow harder. Hell, the Moslem world sees virtually every Jewish member of Congress, a religious group the observant Islamic universe has sworn to exterminate, being some of their most ardent supporters and protectors – see that in China?

I suppose that once the Progressives manage to open the gates and let the latter day Visigoths flood in, turning the US into Rome 2.0, they’ll be wondering why those they treated so well are marching them off to the processing camps. Meanwhile the Chinese will be composting their laowai and gweilo to green up some of their mass on non-arable land.

4. Garrison Hall says:

5. Linda K. says:

If you like Jane Austin stories, this BBC production of “Pride and Prejudice is my fave. Just a snippet, of a time past.

6. Linda K. says:

Austen

7. Garrison Hall says:

Here’s a brief war story. My friend was a 20 year old infantryman during the Battle of The Bulge in WWII. Two regiments of his division had been overrun by the German assault and he along with his Sargent and another soldier, literally surrounded by advancing Germans, were lost in the Ardennes forest for 5 days.while trying to make it back to the reforming American lines. While they successfully linked up with American forces and participated in the historically important defense of St. Vith, their wartime adventure was underscored by a particularly deadly encounter.

My friend told me that as they tried to stay away from encountering German forces, they drove their Jeep into small meadow clearing deep in the forest. It was late afternoon, almost dark, and snowing heavily. As they pulled into the clearing they could dimly see the shape of a tank. It was a German tank, a Mk IV which carried a high velocity 75mm main gun. My friend described watching the tank’s turret which was hand-cranked slowly turn toward their jeep. They were petrified over what was about to happen. Then the tank fired and, amazingly, the 75mm high explosive round missed! They slammed the Jeep into reverse and quickly disappeared into the darkness of the surrounding forest.

My friend’s story always held an element of mystery for me. By rights, they should have all been killed by the tank which was also armed machine guns as well as a large, very lethal man-gun. Why did the tank miss? Why didn’t it fire its machine guns or fire another high explosive round at these enemy American soldiers? I’ve thought about this story many times over the years since my friend told me his story and I think I have an answer.

It’s improbable that a German tank crew, who were probably East Front veterans, would miss such an easy shot. I don’t think the miss was accidental. I think it’s just possible that the German tank gunner simply decided to scare off these defenseless Americans who so suddenly appeared before his sights. His missed shot might very well have been intentional. I like to thank so anyway because that missed shot gave my friend a wonderful family, a great teaching career, and a long life during which in quiet moments over a glass of good Scotch, he’d revisit his near-death experience with a German panzer. Things could have been very different for him. But, fortunately, they weren’t.

8. Dora says:

An eerie lone tenement in 1929 New York City, by John R. Grabach

9. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latterday upon the earth:”
    Job 19:25 (KJV)

10. just stevie says:

THE TRANSFIGURED LIFE

“If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature; old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” 2 Cor. v. 17

What idea have you of the salvation of your soul? The experience of salvation means that in your actual life things are really altered, you no longer look at things as you use to; your desires are new, old things have lost their power. One of the touchstones of experience is – Has God altered the thing that matters? If you still hanker after the old things, it is absurd to talk about being born from above, you are juggling with yourself. If you are born again, the Spirit of God makes the alteration manifest in your actual life and reasoning, and when the crisis comes you are the most amazed person on earth at the wonderful difference there is in you. There is no possibility of imagining that YOU did it. It is this complete and amazing alteration that is the evidence that you are a saved soul.

What difference has my salvation and sanctification made? For instance, can I stand in the light of 1 Corinthians xiii., or do I have to shuffle? The salvation that is worked out in me by the Holy Ghost emancipates me entirely, and as long as I walk in the light as God is in the light, He sees nothing to censure because His life is working out in every particular, not to my consciousness, but deeper than my consciousness.

Oswald Chambers
    November 12th Devotional

• Pale rider says:

Transferred citizenship! From a kingdom of darkness to a kingdom of God.
      We were born into the kingdom of darkness and spent a good portion of life learning its ways. When we denounced that kingdom for his where do we go? We learn by example and few even believe of our rights and privilege, ever notice that?? By faith we are Gods children Even the faith is his, given to us, a measure.
      We resort back to our old ways of slavery and just settle for a ticket to heaven because we cannot imagine anything else. We stumble around the mountain and never possess the promises Jesus died for, that’s the struggle, that’s where we stumble trying to see Gods kingdom the ‘kings dominion’ and we have to grasp through faith that provision.
      “Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his right ness and all these things shall be added” then you rest in him as he intended. “Learn of me and I will give you rest”. Matt 11:29

11. Dora says:

Some of the comments about this man are so cruel. If bloggers can not wish him well in his latest suffering, can they at least remain silent?

• amwick says:

Twitterverse is cruel. It’s what happens when people are anonymous, their true colors spit out.

• Rudy says:

I refrain from any nasty comments not because I have any particular empathy for a man who did so much manifest damage to the world, but because I had a series of falls last spring that I am only now recovering from after six months of reduced activity, with a cane, and physical therapy.
      It is that I feel nothing for the man, more than that I hate him or something, and have too much contempt for him to care although I acknowledge that yes, he’s having a rough time. That’s all.

• CC says:

You are a better person than I am. I lived in the Canal Zone, before and during treaty negations…was away at college when the final decisions were made. I did not, at that point, know where my “home” was or for how long….a college dorm or the Canal Zone or the Rep. of Panama…My feelings are not worthy to repeat to the fine Treepers…

At 96, would you or I get brain surgery? Even if in stellar health?

12. Dawn says:

Look who is in the picture signing in UKR. Ck the end people. The so called whistleblowers.

13. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

14. WY Farmer's Wife says:

Good morning Treepers:
    I am a newbie Treeper. There is only one other blog I follow – Don Koenig on The Prophetic Years. I would be interested in seeing all of your comments regarding Don’ s article about 5G. Especially about the possible health effects. Thank you 🙂

15. Sepp says:

To Ponder

Let me ponder on the miraculous healing of the man lame from birth (Acts 14):

1. How there was at Lystra a man who, from his birth, had never stood on his feet.

2. How Paul, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, healed him and he leapt and walked.

From “The Prologue from Ohrid” by Saint Nikolai (Serbian-born Bishop who reposed in the USA and was a former prisoner at Dachau) for today – October 30th – on the traditional Calendar of the Orthodox Christian Church.

16. Jimmy says:

Please, God, give Durham, Barr, and Americans in their grand juries the courage and justice of character to indict all of the members of the coup and all others who have committed associated crimes. Please shine a light that will lead us to justice, Lord. Please don’t let the American republic fail now.

17. Dora says:

This is nice. Sad though.

18. dogsmaw says:

Jer 51:12 KJV
    Set up the standard upon the walls of Babylon, make the watch strong, set up the watchmen, prepare the ambushes: for the LORD hath both devised and done that which he spake against the inhabitants of Babylon.

19. David says:

My American friends, I am Israeli and I sometimes bring you News that you don’t see on US media.
    At this time (1:00 PM East Cost time) Israel is under a massive attack from Gaza by Islamic Jihad (a terror organization that is sponsored by Iran and is even more radical than Hamas, if that can be).
    The sequence of action is:
    1. The most senior Islamic Jihad leader in Gaza who was responsible for many attacks on Israeli civilians and apparently was mid planing of an imminent other terror attacks on Israel was assassinated by a joint operation of Israeli intelligence agency (Shabak) and Israel’s Air Force.
    In other words he got a precision missile through his window in an apartment building which took him and his wife.
    2. A few minutes later a missile went into another apartment of a senior Islamic Jihad terrorist in Damascus Syria. I think he was the direct senior of the Gazan terrorist. I am not sure if that second strike was successful because the information comes from Syrian media that is known to lie.
    3. So far there are close to 200 rockets fired onto all over Israel all the way to Tel-Aviv.
    At this point there is no deaths but there is an 8 year old girl badly injured.
    4. This is not much published but Israel is calling Reserve forces to the Gaza border and is also striking back Gazan targets and killed a few Jihadists who were setting up to fire rockets.
    5. This is also not much published that IDF (Israel Defend Forces) forcefully took down a CNN film camera on the Gazan border. This suggests to me that the area is considered a closeted military zone and Israel may engage in a ground attack and therefore no cameras are allowed. (Or maybe the IDF guy just likes Trump and knows about the nasty CNN).
    I posted here a short video that shows the situation but it’s a fluid situation so you can follow on Jerusalem Post or Arutz Sheva (channel seven, English speaking Israeli News Chanel)

20. David says:

Additionally to my previous post here. I have to mention that hours before the whole operation started Netanyahu appointed a new Defense Minister, Naphtali Bennet who is ex-Special forces officer and ex- economy minister and education minister. The guy is tough and it will be quite a challenge for him to land into this situation. Here is a short video from a few years back with the man. Just so you get an idea who is in -charge.

21. bessie2003 says:

It appears another US citizen that was held as a hostage (along with an Australian, both professors) are to be freed!

22. Kerry Gimbel says:

I would highly recommend the movie Midway to all of you. I can’t believe Hollywood did it right.

23. Jason Ross says:

“Toronto police told CNN they will not be pursuing a criminal investigation of the accident.“

Of course not. Public housing. Air conditioner falls and snuffs our the life of an young child down below. But to charge the tenant who installed or was taking it out of the window would be discrimination. Or some form of economic racism.

24. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

25. auscitizenmom says:

A prayer for Justice Kavanaugh and Gen. Flynn:

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
    be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.