November 12th – 2019 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #1027

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Stephanie Grisham Twitter @StephGrisham45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

889 Responses to November 12th – 2019 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #1027

1. Reserved55 says:

• You can’t make this stuff up, folks …

As long as Adam Schiff could feel confident that no one was looking into, or would ever look into, what he was doing to make himself very rich in Ukraine, he could say these noble things regarding a Democratic President. But, the moment the shoe is on the other foot . . . the moment the word “criminal” is dropped . . .

2. As we approach the Big Show tomorrow, I see a lot of worried people. Except for one. You know who doesn’t seem worried? I’ll give you 45 guesses, but you only need 1.

• tailgunner2121 says:

who’s worried

• JG3 says:

Support POTUS! TURN-OFF!!! MEDIA BLACK-OUT!!! VOTE WITH YOUR REMOTE!!!

Help Pelosi make her Friday decision to shut it down!!!

Trust Sundance to do a report for us…

• 4EDouglas says:

No, watch it-the ratings are irrelevant- the dis play of an American Star chamber is.
          Jim Jordan is on deck he will fight..
          Personally and others have said Nancy is using this to sandbag Schiffy.
          Ideally this get shut down and the RBG goes to her reward..
          And Dunham rides into town with wagon load of indictments.

• Sherri Young says:

Watch. Prepare for Thanksgiving. The subject will arise at some households. Be prepared to rebut the false narratives. People will be too full after lunch to be able to run away.

• dawg says:

You dont need to watch the charade to be able to rebut the false narrative. And I dont think getting into the weeds any more than we already have is beneficial, I actually think its harmful.

Rand Paul wrapped it all up nicely the other day with Chuck Todd.

“Its illegal, by law, to give aid to corrupt countries.”

Biden is on tape saying he forced the President to fire the prosecutor looking into corruption and his son in return for $1 Billion in aid.

Trump did his duty by bringing up the corruption investigation. He would be breaking the law if he gave Ukraine aid WITHOUT assuring they were looking into corruption.

IMHO, this is all that needs to be said and all that needs to be hammered on with anyone bringing any of this up.

I just dont think there is anything to be gained in watching the charade. I actually dont think many people are going to be watching it anyway.

• oldersoul says:

You must be standing in one of those mirrored fitting booths at J.C. Penney’s.

Most people I talk to could care less about impeachment, other than to say it is a partisan political stunt.

No one outside the DC-NYC political-media complex, and on political websites, are talking about it with any sense of concern. John Kasich was right.

Too many eyeores around here sometimes. This secondary coup attempt has already imploded. The public support for it is not there.

• Ma McGriz says:

I think this fake and malicious impeachment stunt might actually do more to unite America than divide it when families sit down to the Thanksgiving table this year.

• MAGADJT says:

The masses have tuned this out. They have become numb to all these story lines and don’t care one bit.

• Battleship Wisconsin says:

Even if Mitch McConnell and the Senate Republican leadership stand foursquare in support of the president before articles of impeachment are passed in the House — something the Senate Republicans should be doing one way or another — Nancy Pelosi will go through with it.

President Trump will be impeached. Knowing this, the sensible thing to do is to transform adversity into opportunity by transforming the president’s Democrat accusers into the accused.

If it hasn’t been started already, that work must begin right now. There isn’t a minute to be wasted in planning and strategizing the counteractions to be taken once articles of impeachment are on their way to the Senate.

• I don’t think that Trump should delay in filing Trump v. US House of Representatives with the SCOTUS. Given that the Republicans are never going to, he as the plaintiff should directly challenge the Constitutionality of everything that is going on. Because, none of it is legal:

• The separation of powers gives no Judicial power to the Legislature. Thus, contrary to a certain inferior court, these cannot be “judicial proceedings.”

• The House resolution would be a “Bill of Attainder,” expressly prohibited by §1.9.3, whereby the Legislature seeks to declare an official guilty of some crime and to punish him therefor.

• The Constitution limits impeachment to “high crimes and misdemeanors,” but does not permit the Congress to be the source of this accusation.

Our Founders clearly anticipated that impeachment would be used in this exact way, and they expressly wrote the text of their Constitution to prevent it. But the Lawfare lawyers are not going to stop nor slow down until their strategies are stuffed directly into their faces. The only way to stop them is to rip their 😱s off.

• Cynthia says:

But from what I’ve read, this not a “legal” proceeding. Impeachment is a political proceeding. So I’m not sure we (read POTUS) have any recourse in the courts . . . I’m probably wrong.

• davidberetta says:

Nowhere in the US Constitution is Impeachment considered a “Political Proceeding”; rather, it clearly includes “High Crimes and Misdemeanors” which a criminal proceedings. There has never been a specific crime mentioned so the entire charade is (another), Hoax.

Democrats have made this (Hoax), proceeding a “political” matter yet the constitution does not support that premise.

The ENTIRE ploy is simply interference in the 2020 Presidential Election AND Obstructing Justice/Investigations that the Bill Barr DOJ is trying to conduct.

• mazziflol says:

Worry encourages people to plan. Worry alerts you to dangers and threats, can help clarify a problem, can lead you to seek help or more information. People who worry, don’t tend to take good news for granted.

Don’t mind me, I’ll be over here with my healthy worries and I guess you can keep pretending everything is going just just well for our country.

• dawg says:

I dont even know what the “Big Show” is. Seriously. I guess there are some hearings or something. I thought they were already going on though?

• Kind of disappointed that so many missed the point of my post.

• TrumpPatriot says:

“I got you Babe”👍
        The Lion sleeps (welltonight.

• piper567 says:

Trump Babe, I have all long watched the President in the execution of his many duties and activities.
        When the storm surrounds him, he can walk out of the WH and confront Pravda as if he has not a care in the world, apart from, you know, straightening out the mess he inherited.
        And many people have commented on the fact he looks younger now than when he was elected.
        I have always taken my cue from him!

• Garavaglia says:

Expanded on my 2nd amendment rights yesterday. Who’s worried?

3. FPCHmom says:

• Kitty-Kat says:

The Democrats are experts at underplaying appearances, but the fact is, they are supported by invisible but very strong and active community organization. The latter were quietly busy preceding the midterms when it seemed they were not doing much.

• Garavaglia says:

Standing room only. Happens when you only put out 20 freakin chairs..lol.

• IAWulf says:

This wasn’t even the biggest event in Oskaloosa yesterday. A seven foot kid announced he was going to play college basketball at Iowa State instead of Iowa. His recruitment has been at !easy three years long. The thread I follow at the biggest forum for Iowa State sports is over 130 pages at like 20 posts per page. Sure there was something similar at the Iowa sports forums.

• IAWulf says:

• G. Alistar says:

Can you blame the Iowans? Sleepy Joe slurring (or creepy Joe hugging if you prefer), or their own in state basketball star commits to the Cyclone BB team. It’s a slam dunk. Now I dare say IF President Trump visited Iowa for a rally…. a hundred thousand would attend. They have common sense out in farm country!

4. dufrst says:

I will say this, she’s really trying hard to embrace the president and show that she was on his side all the while she served in his administration. It signals to me that she wants Secretary of State, when Pompeo leaves. Pompeo I am afraid is going to depart next year for the Senate. I just think that is almost certain now that we are seeing Nikki Haley going all out here to show here allegiance with Trump. That’s what I think is going on here, because 2024 is so far off. Why would she be campaigning for it now?

As Secretary of State she could do to Trump what she’s accusing Tillerson of doing and thus preserve her independence for her own 2024 run. Also, I think she’s looking at Israel-Palestinian deal too. We’ll see, but this vociferous support of Trump is highly self serving but I can’t knock it because its positive and it does help the GOP further back the president in this impeachment fight.

• Bogeyfree says:

I’d rather see PT select a MAGA farmer as his SOS vs another Romney type professional politician.

New requirements:
      Honest
      Conservative Values
      Known for common sense
      Believer & Steady Church goer
      Known doer and hands on helper in local community
      Patriot who 100% believes in the Constitution
      Not afraid to say the pledge of allegiance and sing Nat’l Anthem in public & loud
      MAGA supporters through and through.

Find this person and you can put them just about anywhere.

So Mr. President in 2020 rule #1 – seek out from the heartland and NOT the DS land.

• Don McAro says:

She’s want the VP spot….thats all this is about

• Charles Martell says:

Not trustworthy.

• Don McAro says:

yup…but this what she is hoping for

• TPW says:

She could be waiting in the wings to run for President if PT is out …….She may know some backroom Senate talk……but no way is the Senate going to impeach on these non existent charges…..if they do try I hope all patriots will come to his defense.

• Ken Lawson says:

Pence isn’t going anywhere, so she’s wasting her time if that’s it. I tend to think that what some others have said is probably accurate. I think she knows that Pompeo may be leaving and wants his job. With her background as the UN Ambassador she would have a chance to be considered.

• dawg says:

I dont think thats it and I dont know why anyone would think that PTs running mate is going to be anyone other than Mike Pence. Trump publicly asked Pence on stage at a rally to be his running mate about 6 months ago. Pence said yes. ????

• 2013gti says:

Last time I checked, the 2020 campaign ads stated “Trump/Pence”.

• snarkybeach says:

I’ve hated her since she threw the Confederate flag under the bus.

• TarsTarkas says:

At the risk of offending and being tiresome, a flag of revolt does not belong above a statehouse or any government building. Fly it over your own house, I’m fine with that. Ditto putting it up anywhere in private. Or at cemeteries or memorials honoring the dead. But the revived Stars and Bars that was flown until recently above Columbia was a Jim Crow-KKK-segregationist FU to the rest of the country. It does not date back to the Great Rebellion. My only beef with her about it is that she should have done it the moment she became governor.

• Roger Duroid says:

And the policeman.

• MfM says:

Pompeo likes what he’s doing and on top of that he ‘gets’ Trump. While people in his home State would love him to run for Senator, I don’t think they even think it’s reasonable. Isn’t it already a Republican seat? Isn’t it in a State who is likely to elect another Republican?

Pompeo has said he isn’t thinking of leaving SoS unless Trump wants him to. So while it keeps people talking it’s likely more cover to what Pompeo is doing as SoS behind the scenes.

I think Pompeo is more likely to run for President in a couple of years then Senator.

• lawrencepaul1 says:

Another GOPe deep state phony.

• trapper says:

I see her playing the long game, beginning her positioning now for 2024. Watch her outside extracurriculars over the the next years, building her name recognition and identity as a policy expert and MAGA supporter. Don’t fall for any of it. It’s all smoke and mirrors and she’ll sell us out in a heartbeat.

Even if her stories about TRex and Blue Book are true, think about it: they would not have approached anyone they thought was loyal to Trump, which means their assessment of her was that she was NOT.

• boogywstew says:

Wasn’t she great as US Ambassador to the UN? I thought she was an unqualified success.

• dufrst says:

The issue is trust. She’s trying to portray herself as having been on Trump side all along and someone Trump can trust when he needs to select a new Secretary of State. I think Trump will be open but he has to get something out of giving up Pompeo to the Senate and appointing Haley.

I think Haley believes in order to be the first woman US president she needs to be more qualified than Hillary was considered to be. Hillary was an active First Lady to say the least (WH experience), a US Senator, and Secretary of State. Haley was a two term governor and UN ambassador for 2 years. I think she’s uneasy with that resume. Especially if she is to take on Mike Pence, who is the current VP and former governor of Indiana.

Only time will tell how all of this plays out
        But she’s definitely positioning herself for consideration. Another thing pushing her is it’s not totally a sure thing that the GOP will hold the Senate. Better to get into the administration now than wait until after 2020. If she has the title of Secretary of State and Trump loses in 2020, that’s not a bad position to be in if your thinking 2024. She would be the second highest profile person from the Trump administration (after Pence) but the most electorally viable.

If Trump wins, she will just serve out as Secretary state and hope that Trump’s second term is better than 1st. She could always leave early as she did when she was UN ambassador after she accomplished whatever she wanted to accomplished to burnish her resume and limit her exposure in case that 2nd term ends badly.

Anyhow, so much speculation but that’s how I see this. She’s vying to get back in and she has allies in the GOP that support her. I would bet Trump is open so long as there is something substantial for him in the deal.

• JG3 says:

Seeing Dim’s Hoax is failing, are the Globalist taking another try at it?

• Joemama says:

AOC/Schiff eyes.

5. Jimmy Jack says:

McAfee knows what he’s talking about when speaks on US intelligence agencies here. I think his time as s company man have him insight. He says it’s tbe i telkigenxe abe cues that really run the US and they basically tell the new President what the world is and then keep the president entertained while in office. Jibes with the total meltdown they’re having over Trump who won’t roll over. That’s why we’re seeing this coup. Trump is a disrupter.

• Jim in TN says:

If Congress and the President are the victims, and the IC really runs the show, it would be to their advantage to unite in cleaning out the corruption.

But if a subset of Congress is running the IC, and therefore really running the show, then only the President is victim, and his rebellion must be put down. So Congress is using their IC to do so. And Chuckie’s 6 ways to Sunday comment can be seen as overt instructions, not a friendly warning.

• cheryl says:

McAfee has murdered and raped and gotten away with it so he knows his way around

• MfM says:

McAfee is crazy and many other things, but he isn’t stupid.

• dd_sc says:

McAfee spoke from an undisclosed location inside a “communications Faraday cage with signal jammers and multiple VPNs,” according to the news outlet.

I want one of those.

• trapper says:

I recall watching live coverage of Obama exiting his first national security/ intelligence briefing after being elected president in 2008. You won’t find footage or photos of it now. I’ve searched. The man looked terrified, like he was about to throw up. It really rattled him. I expect he was informed who really runs things, and a small time Chicago grifter was not it.

• facedown says:

I vividly remember this too. I said to my wife, “look, they just told him who’s the boss and that he doesn’t get to do those things he wanted to do”. Obama went into it like a doe-eyed schoolgirl and came out as a puppet.

6. Peoria Jones says:

With all the holidays approaching, please be mindful where you spend your dollars.

One of the best things you can do to support President Trump is shop local and buy American. Please remember who owns Amazon (and WaPo and Whole Foods). Bezos is not jut an ardent enemy of PTrump, but of America.

For convenient online shopping, many US companies have their own sites to order direct. Even eBay is a better alternative to Amazon (there are many small US sellers there who would love your support – just be sure to check where the item is really coming from).

7. Bubby says:

The tyranny of the unexamined by the left continues unabated! Unexamined texts, FISA Warrants & applications, scope memos, Comey memos, 302s, emails, redactions, cell phones, computers, laptops, Brady material, Archery declarations, college records/transcripts, whistleblowers and on and on! So much secrecy is a very real threat to the Republic. The deep state thrives and survives on secrecy! Secrecy that has nothing to do with our national security will be our undoing if not ended!

8. Mariposa323 says:

I just got an email from some Republican group saying the Louisiana governor race is too close to call and that they need money …. anyone can verify if this is accurate ?

9. Reserved55 says:

10. vicarioushikermom says:

Last night, just before falling asleep, I was really praying about this. And what came to me is: ”
    Be anxious for nothing.” I thought about how Jesus could have said that with such assurance and why I should believe it and with that I got a glimpse of God’s government, that He is present, actively on the scene, and has everything under control. I don’t know how He will dispose of these events, but most assuredly good will win out!

• Ken Lawson says:

While I appreciate your attitude about all of this, I have to remind you that Scripture does not give any reference to the US. The US is not mentioned and that can only mean that either we cease to exist or that we become a far less powerful nation, probably being taken over and controlled by another nation. The Bible prophecies would not leave out the nation that’s the most powerful in the world as the impact of that nation on world events would be part of what will happen. So, we must understand that while we should pray for our nation and fight to keep our country strong, ultimately God’s plan does not show America as we know it surviving long term. Rather, it shows the failure of the world’s system and Jesus returning to judge the world and set things right.

• vicarioushikermom says:

Ken Lawson: No where in my post did I mention the US. What I was praying about was my own fear about what is happening in our country. The answer I received to that specific prayer was, as I said: Be anxious for nothing. What I then glimpsed was God’s government, that is God governing All according to His will. I trust ALL in His hands. I have, through prayer, seen the good win out too many times in my long life not to trust God with every situation. Your post has read A LOT into mine that I did not say. And it is right annoying. Re-read what I sad and try to comprehend something of the infinity of God’s government.

• I understood exactly what you were trying to say vicarioushikermom.

And like you I also have seen many many times in my life how the Good wins out over Evil.

It is often a long and hard path but we get there,

Some posters here seem to think this battle for out country will be easily and quickly won.

They are soon discouraged when things do not go the way they think it should.

You and I know better.

We will win this.

• regrulz says:

If you look at the many prophecies given to Joseph and his son Ephraim, you will find that there is only one people group in this whole world that has fulfilled all that is promised. The USA in particular along with the other English speaking nations certainly qualify as they have fulfilled every aspect of the many prophecies made throughout the Word of God. That said, your comments about “probably being taken over and controlled by another nation” is similar to a number of predictions. For more on this subject, a free to read book called Every Believers Prophecy Guide collates all the relevant scriptures. Cheers

11. Reserved55 says:

12. FPCHmom says:

Best President Ever!!!

13. Ausonius says:

Several ancient sources claim that a crusty Roman senator named Cato the Elder (or the Censor), in an effort to remind Romans in the middle of the !00’s B.C. that Carthage was again rising for a third time to challenge them, started ending every speech with “And one other thing: I think that Carthage must be destroyed! (In Plutarch’s Greek story about him the Greek reads “must not exist.”)

I have heard of a proposal for Conservatives to end every speech or comment with “The Swamp must be drained!”

An alternative ending has also been proposed: “Epstein did NOT kill himself! INVESTIGATE THE CLINTONS!!!” 🙂

• StanH says:

“Hannibal at the Gates.” If Hannibal had of brought siege equipment with him perhaps the history of the West would have been snuffed out. Instead Hannibal became a fugitive of Rome and Scipio (President Trump) 146BC sacked Carthage and salted the earth, fulfilling Cato’s admonition “…Carthage must be destroyed.”

Let us pray that our Scipio, President Donald J Trump, is successful against the barbarians 2200 years later?

The left is playing to win just look at the charade that is about to take place in the House. This is a measure of their resolve, they don’t give a damn about right or wrong.

14. FPCHmom says:

Barnes nails it –

• Ma McGriz says:

This message should be re-posted multiple times every day on every board and web page possible.

• So true FPCHmom.

And my very liberal family members and friends see this also.

And to my amazement they are not at all happy with the Dems because they finally realize that if the Dems can do this to a sitting Pres then the Dems can do it to anyone.

They are starting to go from being uncomfortable with this “phony balony” impeachment business to angry with it.

Not at all good for the Dem party when you start to anger your own people against you.

And my family and friends are (were) hard line liberals and proud of it.

15. Cat Lady says:

Hi everyone,

I am looking for the video of Trump doing to sword dance in Saudi Arabia in 2017 – the compelling one set to the amazing music!! I feel like it was originally posted here!! I know you guys know which one I’m referring to!!! I would have sworn that I bookmarked it but can’t find it anywhere!! Thanks in advance!!!

16. burnett044 says:

if you think this CIA /Dem/FBI/Congress coup is just after President Trump …you need to re-think…they are after us……all, of us ….

17. Troublemaker10 says:

Hard nit to notice that Don Jr is drawing bigger crowds for his book signings than most Democrats are for their campaign rallies on a good day.

18. burnett044 says:

President Trump at Economy club…

19. Reserved55 says:

“From the statement: “In the Spring of 2019, I became aware of outside influencers promoting a false narrative of Ukraine inconsistent with the consensus views of the interagency. This narrative was harmful to U.S. government policy.”

There is a lot of wrong in those two sentences, which profoundly illustrate the fundamental flaw Vindman and his fellow Deep Staters operate under. The interagency he mentions is a collection of staff from the major agencies like the State Department, Department of Defense, and intelligence agencies, who meet to coordinate and plan implementation of policy.”

• Eric C. says:

The problem is, like most people promoted to the highest level of incompetence (Obama), they were able to dictate to the President what would be done.

Now, they have someone who can think on his own and take in multiple sets of info and make a sound decision. Tough.

• Tseg says:

I think -George Costanza- from Seinfeld every time I see this guy.

• WhiteBoard says:

hey look at the transcript for Cooper page 64 – pass this to Sundance or whomever – She says the RECIEVED A CALL from the CHAMBER OF COMMERCE about the aid.. WHY WOULD They be involved? unless they are dipping in the foreign aid laundering money theft also.

cooper p 64 she rceived call from chamber of commerce

• alligatriot says:

Just checked the Oath of Commissioned Officers and was stunned to discover they swear no allegiance to any “consensus views of the interagency”. There is, however, reference to something called the “Constitution”.

Perhaps Lt. Col. Vindman is confident “the interagency” will protect him should he ever be charged with the treason he appears to have committed.

Or, maybe he thinks about another Army officer:

“What do you think would be my fate if my misguided countrymen were to take me prisoner?”

-Benedict Arnold

20. FPCHmom says:

FYI tweeters –

21. burnett044 says:

Steve talks on John Bolton….traitor..

• SAM-TruthFreedomLiberty says:

Steve surely is fired up but doesn’t know what he’s talking about.
      Bolton is the one who baited them into this along with President Trump.
      He doesn’t want to testify to congress either.

With Trump it’s always funny how to manage the outrage over the Democrat crazy actions Trump himself enjoys dealing with.
      Then again he needs most of his base and beyond angry to give the counterpunch he to the futile efforts D’s are throwing at him.

22. Reserved55 says:

23. Slowkid says:

Just returned from a trip to north central Ohio. Visiting family. Most were life long democrats. None talked about impeachment. All talked about how rotten the democrats are. Genuine anger folks.

• oldersoul says:

This. The payback for this transparent stunt is coming. Like a big, ugly, tidal wave.

Pardon my language, but everyone I mention impeachment with is supremely pissed off. Nothing is getting done by this Congress. And I live in a purple area. The stench of it to average people is overwhelming. Most people have checked out after the Russia scam proved a big lie. No one believes the media anymore.

If you thought the MSM was shocked in 2016, you ain’t seen nothing yet.

All they have left is escalating lies and outright vote fraud.

Everyone fretting and worrying around here needs to calm down. If you consume too much mass media hysteria, you will get hysterical. We are approaching Christmas. If you can’t help yourself, take a few weeks off from this treadmill and enjoy the time with family. Don’t worry, there will be a new crisis du jour when you return.

24. youme says:

Kiss the gunmakers goodbye:

U.S. Supreme Court will not shield gun maker from Sandy Hook lawsuit

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday dealt a blow to the firearms industry, rejecting Remington Arms Co’s bid to escape a lawsuit by families of victims aiming to hold the gun maker liable for its marketing of the assault-style rifle used in the 2012 Sandy Hook school massacre that killed 20 children and six adults.

• booger71 says:

Connecticut still has a population that likes to own guns. It is not a done deal that Remington Arms will lose.

• DJ says:

“Kiss the gunmakers goodbye: ”
      —————————————————
      No, don’t panic yet. It is not the job of the SC to protect firearms companies from ANY and ALL lawsuits regardless of reason. This lawsuit is more a 1st Amendment issue than 2nd, at this point. Depending on how the case goes from here, it may yet end up back at the SC.

25. WeThePeople2016 says:

• jrapdx says:

There were several other comments lately about Google, Facebook getting into the electronic health record (EHR) business. Don’t know enough about these news items to get up in arms just yet.

One thing making it different from run of the mill data collection is the very strict HIPAA laws that apply to any organization storing health info. In fact the stringent HIPAA requirements have made it hard for health care providers to share data electronically.

But EHRs are big business, systems are very costly and profitable. So I can see why Google, FB want to get into managing health data. They can’t legally “mine” health data like they’ve done before, we’ll have to see how they handle it.

• Debra says:

Hmmm. If your ‘box’ is video/audio taping you 24/7, some accumulation of behaviors, symptoms, appearances, habits may lead to diagnosis by algorithms. And, should AI gain a stronghold in the future of medicine, who knows whether or not our ‘bettors’ will insist on prescribed treatment in order to continue access to ‘the system’ . . . ?

• jrapdx says:

Obviously devious conduct by tech companies is not merely hypothetical.

But knowing a bit about AI and the field of medicine, I’m personally not worried about infiltration of AI in the manner you describe, at least not in the lifetime of those now living.

For one thing “experts” have sharp disagreements about boundaries of various psychiatric conditions. Treatment is even more indistinct, and risks and liabilities of providing treatment are daunting.

If any organization attempts to go there (re: AI) the resulting lawsuits will be devastating. Anyway, there are already huge problems in healthcare systems, particularly in providing adequate “mental health” services that remain unsolved.

It pays to remember that consult 5 “experts” on any subject and you’ll get no less than 7 distinct opinions. Good luck with that… 😉

• Debra says:

Since your original comment tied in the social media construct attempting to accumulate medical information, my thoughts went to how easily AI could ostracize those in the respective social media systems without any ‘overt’ association to anything socially shared . . .

And since psychiatry IS a medical discipline, those types of records would be just as accessible.

Just mulling . . .

• jrapdx says:

You’re right, social media could use “AI algorithms” to pick out and exclude individuals. AFAIK this already happens.

These methods aren’t particularly adept at the job, are subject to error and misidentifying offenders. Note that a health record system that allows access to records for “social media” purposes could not legally be built and deployed.

HIPAA compliance includes auditing requirements, and I think tech companies will have to be on their toes to make sure records are kept secure.

Of course I don’t trust these companies at all. Moving into the EHR space is a clarion call to increase scrutiny of company practices and that may be a good thing.

BTW health records pertaining to certain matters including substance use disorders are subject to additional protections, so that increases the security burden on managers of the database.

26. WeThePeople2016 says:

• Nick the Deplorable says:

If they do not it would give the President powers to the point that the President would only need congress for budgetary matters.

• Nick the Deplorable says:

“Chief Justice John Roberts noted that the high court in 2016 affirmed a decision of the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals that blocked an Obama-era amnesty program called Deferred Action for Parents of Americans (DAPA). The 5th Circuit’s ruling and the Supreme Court’s subsequent affirmance provide a sufficient rationale for ending DACA, which is largely similar to DAPA, Roberts suggested.

“You’ve got a court of appeals decision affirmed by an equally-divided Supreme Court,” Roberts said, in reference to the earlier DAPA case. “Can’t he just say that’s the basis on which I’m making this decision?”

27. dogsmaw says:

• wildsailor2018 says:

John McCain….front and center in the toppling of the government of the Ukraine and then first at the trough for graft and corruption. Also involved in gun running to ISIS. Now, why do we need this guy now again?

• boogywstew says:

Do we want John McCain back? Wouldn’t he smell awfully bad now?

28. Reserved55 says:

Violent attack on seniors.

Caught on camera: three senior citizens violently attacked in San Fran – and it’s becoming a trend

“He was 14-month-old when his parents, who were members of the far-left, terrorist organization Weather Underground, dropped him off with a babysitter and took part in an armored car robbery in upstate New York that left two police officers and a security guard dead.

His mother, Kathy Boudin, served 22 years behind bars and his father, David Gilbert, may spend the rest of his life in prison.”

“Boudin was raised in Chicago by leaders of the deemed terrorist organization Weather Underground, specifically Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn, with Dohrn actually having been on the FBI’s Top 10 Most Wanted list due to her helping lead Weather Underground.”

• InAz says:

A few days ago a 55 year old Caucasian female asked for a refund at a Popeyes Chicken establishment. Right after she walked out of the door into the parking lot, every Popeyes employee followed her out and physically attacked her and called her expletives.
      One male employee, three times the victim’s size, grabbed the victim and body slammed her into the pavement. All employees celebrated after the body slam.

The victim has a broken leg, six broken ribs, fractured elbow and other injuries.

Unfortunately the huge male who body slammed the victim is the only one being charged with a crime.

Of course no witnesses bothered to help the victim. All the Popeyes employees were non- Caucasion.

I apologize for not remembering where this incident took place. Hopefully the victim will sue for hundreds of millions of dollars, not just Popeyes but every one of the employees at that particular place.
      This is the USA the Communists have created.

29. Jimmy says:

Shifty and Nan’s Coup Part Two doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things. If Barr and Durham deliver justice, the coup won’t matter matter because it will be toast. If Barr and Durham don’t deliver justice, then the coup won’t matter because the republic will be toast.

30. dogsmaw says:

31. Bogeyfree says:

Anyone notice that Undercover Huber and Greg Rubini have not tweeted since Nov 9?

These folks are daily tweeter so just a little concerned. Have you seen other regulars who have gone missing?

• Liberty Forge says:

Hmmm.

Bogey — you’re onto something — only I have no idea what that “something” is.

Another daily tweeter who has been silent since November 9th is Amazing Polly.

32. Reserved55 says:

Why Trump’s Ukraine call has Pelosi and Schiff in a panic.

33. VIDEO: EPSTEIN MEDICAL EXAMINER DROPS AUTOPSY BOMBSHELL; No DNA Test Conducted to Confirm Epstein’s Identity

34. TarsTarkas says:

This might be part of the tick-tock parade, but I’ll post it anyway:

Durham has also supposedly interviewed Erika Thompson.

Another case of the crooks trying to get ahead of the train wreck . . .

35. Elle says:

Trump’s greatest superpower is his Scooby Doo like ability to get globalists to willing rip off the own masks exposing their true identity. I’m surprised Rice is willing to sell her soul on THIS issue. Trump investigating corruption that Biden himself admitted to is “out of bounds”?. yeeah…oakey dokey Makes you wonder what boards SHE sits is on.

36. lawrencepaul1 says:

Well wadya know. I guess the President can stop shaking in his boots now.
    Another GOPe phony bites the dust.

Mark Sanford Ends Bid To Challenge Trump In GOP Primary

37. MDNA I says:

Mr Shipp is concerned b/c some of Montgomery’s fraudulent material has made its way into Sidney Powell’s case for Gen Flynn. I consider Shipp highly reliable. He did a video laying out the numerous court cases, criminal & civil, pending & adjudicated, against Montgomery….. showing the goods when he could’ve relied on his personal proximity to intelligence matters is the class-act move

38. Reserved55 says:

39. WeThePeople2016 says:

40. citizen817 says:

41. Reserved55 says:

• Wow, that was one long walk for DeBlasio.

Great video Reserved55.

In true New Yorker spirit they called him names and mocked him the whole way.

He really looked pitiful waving his little American flag and trying to smile.

What a loser.

42. MDNA I says:

Doesn’t say if Senate or House. Guessing the Senate Intel Cmte based on prior reporting

43. Joemama says:

Am I missing something. Nowhere in the transcript of the 2nd Ukrainian call does PDJT say anything about Joe/Hunter Biden. He asks about CROWDSTRIKE!

Am I wrong?

Why are we playing along with their game. They don’t want to talk about CROWDSTRIKE and the missing DNC server.

• Reserved55 says:

Here’s your answer.

• Joemama says:

Thanks for the info. I had missed or forgotten that part of the transcript.

No crime in asking for compliance to an anti-corruption treaty. In fact it is PDJT’s duty to do so.

• Jimmy says:

Later in the transcript the Zelensky says the investigation will be clean. At that point PDJT raises the fired prosecutor and the Bidens and said it would be great if Zelensky could have that investigated. It was Trump’s duty as a law enforcement officer to suggest that. It is Zelensky’s duty under 1998 treaty to comply. Far from an impeachable offense or even an offense, it was Trump’s duty.

44. ristvan says:

SCOTUS heard DACA oral argument this morning. Have only seen some comments from a couple of attendees. Apparently did not go well for the states, who argued APA46 insufficient explanation for termination—‘arbitrary and capricious’. Gov argued APA46 does not apply. I just double checked and gov is right.

But the biggy was when CJ Roberts asked the states, (paraphrased because don’t yet have the transcript) “ How can it be arbitrary and capricious when in 2016 we (SCOTUS) upheld the 5th circuit finding that the companion program (DAPA for DACA parents) was unconstitutional?”

Looks like PDJT will get his DACA win. And that reopens the door to the immigration deal he offered Congress before— limited DACA with conditional pathway to eventual citizenship in exchange for wall, end to chain migration, end to visa lottery, and strongly revised asylum laws.

• alligatriot says:

Encouraging report, ristvan, thank you.
      With regard to the President’s potential deal, however, all I can envision from dimms is: resistance.

• butch cassidy says:

Am i correct in understanding that a decision will not come until June of 2020?

• ristvan says:

Latest by end of term. But quite likely some months before. Big opinions (this has that potential if they don’t just rule on APA46) usually gestate for a few months after oral hearing, after subsequent decision meeting when the opinion is assigned to be written. So mid March to mid April is more likely than June.

• Trump Train says:

And complete border wall funding

• jrapdx says:

Thank you for that! I had the idea that the prior ruling on DAPA clearly set up a similar result on DACA. A very good thing Roberts was moving along those lines.

When PT offered the deal on DACA a couple of years ago there were howls of protest from commenters on conservative sites. With everything that’s transpired in the interim it will be interesting to see how such a deal goes down now. My guess is the response will be much quieter, with greater understanding of benefits of such a deal.

• ristvan says:

Almost identical. Obama executive action ‘decision’ to use blanket ‘prosecutorial discretion’ not to deport the parents of DACA kids. 5th ruled it unconstitutional on several grounds, best being A2§3 take care clause, and no such thing as group discretion. SCOTUS split 4-4 because of Scalia’s death, thereby letting the 5th ruling stand but not as SCOTUS binding precedent, which is why the whole thing was back at SCOTUS today.

The howls were from conservative purists who would force a child brought here involuntarily, who knows no other country, and who is a contributing member of our society to be permanently deported. Not a Trumplican stance.

• jrapdx says:

OK, thanks for the clarification re: DAPA vs. DACA cases. I share your observations of “purists” some of whom will no doubt shriek again over any DACA compromise. The President knows what he’s doing in that regard, ideologues’ refusal to get it notwithstanding.

• ristvan says:

Went and checked. PDJT’s DACA deal was (paraphrased summary): graduate high school, trade school, or military. Then if either employed or in college, with clean criminal record, get green card (automatic path to citizenship under existing naturalization laws). If too young to pass the first three tests, stay DACA until you do. Flunk any of the requirements, get deported.

• jrapdx says:

Probably most DACA are adults by now, it will be time to check whether they flunk the requirements for staying in the US. We’d get behind shipping the criminals out and letting the contributors stay. Couldn’t ever figure out what the Democrats objected to in those ideas.

• Nick the Deplorable says:

You can read Roberts comments here.

• Landslide says:

I feel like having a watch-party with our Texas Attorney General, Ken Paxton, along with U.S. District Judge Andrew Hanen!!!! Their efforts(lawsuits & rulings) are what forced this to the Supreme Court.

But, since reality dictates no watch-party, I will be praying for their safety when this WIN is announced.🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

45. Reserved55 says:

Zaid outs Vindman as whistleleaker two.

46. dogsmaw says:

47. FofBW says:

Funny how the word ‘Coup’ seems to be becoming not a big deal.

IMHO, it should have created a massive immediate response.