Wednesday September 18th – Open Thread

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER US FROM EVIL. For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

96 Responses to Wednesday September 18th – Open Thread

1. citizen817 says:

2. citizen817 says:

3. Lucille says:

Have a great day, Treepers…

4. Garrison Hall says:

5. wendy forward says:

Great music tonight, thanks all. Including the Liewatha takeoff, still great to hear Betty even with that ugly face.

6. jx says:

• Robert E Gutsche says:

Only in America do we empower our avowed enemies

• Pale rider says:

Called tolerance! Colorful word for self mutilation.
        I’m ‘tolerant’ of my neighbors religious belief of killing infidels. I’m tolerant of my neighbors desire to say he is a woman and watch my daughter in the bathroom. On and on.
        It’s no secret, at least here on the treehouse, a society cannot survive this insanity.

• Sepp says:

Marni Hockenberg has several videos on YouTube that are worth watching.

7. Deplorable_Infidel says:

What About Me, And The Future?

Is it not amazing that men who can produce intricate electronic mechanisms, build giant sky-scrapers, fly men to the moon and back — is it not amazing that such men often do not even know what will finally become of themselves! And what is more amazing still is that most of them do not even try seriously to find out.

They are intelligent enough to plan carefully for the future where temporal affairs are concerned, but foolish enough to neglect their eternal welfare. They make plans for themselves in case they become ill and need additional funds for surgery, medicine and hospital care. They even make plans for their loved ones in case of death and bereavement, but fail to ask themselves: “What will become of meafter death?”

Daily “the wise of this world” witness the truth of Hebrews 9:27, that “it is appointed unto men once to die”, and most of them know that the Bible adds: “after this the judgment”. They may hope that this is but a false alarm, but they do not know. They can only wonder and worry. Hebrews 2:15 declares that “through fear of death” they are “all their lifetime subject to bondage”. Like Adam, they run and hide from God instead of running to Him and asking: “What must I do to be saved?”Too cowardly to face up to their own grave, no hope beyond the tomb — too afraid, generally, to even discuss death.

The believer in the Word of God is not left thus in the dark. He glories in the truth of the passages from which we have quoted in part above. We quote them now in full:

Hebrews 2:14,15: “Forasmuch then as the children [of Adam] are partakers of flesh and blood, He [Christ] also Himself likewise took part of the same; that through death He might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

“And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.”

Hebrews 9:27,28: “And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.

“So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for Him shall He appear the second time without [lit., “apart from”] sin unto salvation.”

By Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

Hebrews 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
    15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
    28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
    2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
    3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
    4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

8. curator55 says:

The impressive 19-year-old Canadian and recent winner of the US Open Tennis Match was celebrated in her Mississauga Ont. hometown with a street named after her and a key to the city. Some of the local appreciation was genuine and not bombastic.

But, I don’t think I’ve seen a more smothering and uncomfortable event by so many grandstanding, opportunist politicians. I was hoping the young tennis player Bianca, that recently earned a 5th place ranking in the world, would stay as far away from self-serving politicians as possible but it appears she had no choice. I hope she does in the future.

Cursor to 6:00 for PM Trudeau’s act

9. nwtex says:

OMGosh!!! The pilot from AF1 communicating to tower has me losing my mind!!!!! I have chills on top of chills!!! I will n.e.v.e.r be thae same ❤

10. rd says:

Elizabeth Warren Parody.

Kate at Small Dead Animals posted it.

11. nwtex says:

awwww

12. Dora says:

Odilon Redon – Flowers, 1909

13. Dora says:

It’s a bit early, but it looks good. Maybe later.

14. nwtex says:

um nope.

15. nwtex says:

16. nwtex says:

wowie ❤

17. nwtex says:

sooo sweet.

18. nwtex says:

That’s it….I’m out. So many sweethearts……sooooo much cuteness. They put humans to shame.

19. just stevie says:

HIS TEMPTATION AND OURS

“For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.” Hebrews iv. 15

Until we are born again, the only kind of temptation we understand is that mentioned by St. James – “Every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.” But by regeneration we are lifted into another realm where there are other temptations to face, viz., the kind of temptation Our Lord faced. The temptations of Jesus do not appeal to us, they have no home at all in our human nature. Our Lord’s temptations and ours move in different spheres until we are born again and become His brethren. The temptations of Jesus are not those of a man, but the temptations of God as Man. By regeneration the Son of God is formed in us, and in our physical life He has the same setting that He had on earth. Satan does not tempt us to do wrong things; he tempts us in order to make us lose what God has put into us by regeneration, viz., the possibility of being of value to God. He does not come on the line of tempting us to sin, but on the line of shifting the point of view, and only the Spirit of God can detect this as a temptation of the devil.

Temptation means the test by an alien power of the possessions held by a personality. This makes the temptation of Our Lord explainable. After Jesus in His baptism had accepted the vocation of bearing away the sin of the world, He was immediately put by God’s Spirit into the testing machine of the devil, but He did not tire, He went through the temptation “without sin”, and He retained the possessions of His personality intact.

Oswald Chambers
    September 18th Devotional

• Bendix says:

“Support your principles”.
      Such sound advice.
      Unfortunately, black Americans seeking to leave the plantation in search of politicians who supported their principles, didn’t find much on the Republican side either.
      A false patriotism, perhaps.

BTW, I envy those eyelashes.

• Pale rider says:

Say it ain’t so, a teacher said that, wow. Sarc

20. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.”
    James 1:12 (KJV)

21. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

22. George 1 says:

Looks like the FBI spy planted inside the White House was doing more than trying to find dirt. He may have been planting the dirt.

23. Linda K. says:

Three videos from Navy pilots of UFO’s. Skip to about 29 seconds in on the video to miss set up.

• TreeClimber says:

My personal jury is still out on aliens. But I, my mother, and my husband have all seen inexplicable lights and movements in the sky, together in combos and separately. Weather balloons? Satellites? Hoaxes? Intelligent life sitting back and watching Earthens like some horrific cosmic comedy? Dunno. But I definitely believe in the lights, whatever’s making them.

24. dogsmaw says:

Amazin…and she doesn’t even have to say a word 🙂

25. TreeClimber says:

So… a week home from the hospital today… thank God my second son is a calm baby because I don’t think we’d have survived this week if he weren’t…

Toddler had a sinus infection, when his father and he came to pick us up, that he hadn’t had the previous day when I let him go to be entrusted to my in-laws’ care. By the grace of God, none of the rest of us caught it (although I did fight a sore throat a couple days) and it didn’t turn into an ear infection. He’s also teething – molars, we think. He’s currently not screaming bloody murder for the first time in four days (even sleeping, there were whimpers and whines.)

The fact that he’s calm and quiet is especially surprising since it’s the first day of the new workweek for his father, usually an occasion for hour-long histrionics. My husband has a three-day weekend, due to ten hour shifts, so I’ve at least had help the past few days (including being able to nap for a few hours straight, snuggled up to teeny-tiny human, which was heavenly.) Husband did work last week – had to, between Boeing shutting down for Dorian the whole week, and him taking Wednesday off to be present for the birth of his younger son, if he hadn’t already been told he couldn’t call out again if he hadn’t gone back we wouldn’t have a prayer of getting the bills and even so it’ll be tight – it only added to the tumultuousness of last week. This is the first week of the “new normal.”

So far, the boys seem to be largely ignoring each other. The toddler isn’t vindictive towards his brother, just mildly careless – easily curbed by a watchful parent. Neither seems to care when the other cries (which in the case of teeny-tiny, is astonishingly rare.) Teeny-tiny human sleeps through everything, mercifully – vacuuming, loudly beeping microwaves, screaming older brothers, the television. (My elder never slept, and when he did, it was rarely deeper than a doze. He’s still a very light sleeper.) He’s also a snugglebug, which makes this stressed momma very happy. 😍

I see why they call C-sections the “easy way out.” At least for me, C-section recovery was much easier. I’m slowly healing, I think, but at times it sure doesn’t feel like. I have to keep reminding myself to be patient, it’s only been a week and the postpartum period is six weeks, and that it’s okay to be tired and want rest right now. Even so I’m a little obsessed with getting all the household tasks done…

My husband never did get processed into permanence. It sounds to me like a simple miscommunication – wrong email address, or something – but he has no point of contact at HR to inquire about it, so we’re starting to look for another job for him before this one runs out. So of course he’s stressed and worried about that, on top of the upheaval of a new baby.

But the baby is, at least currently, sleeping through the night, which is an astonishment and a mercy. In fact I’m the one waking up to nurse him… sometimes I can convince him to nurse and sometimes he’s having none of it, he just wants to sleep… but at least I’m not nearly as sleep-deprived as I could be…

• auscitizenmom says:

My son slept through the night from the beginning. He nursed around 11:00 PM and then slept to at least 5:00 AM. He would nurse and then go back to sleep until about 8:00 AM. I felt so blessed. Of course, from the beginning he rarely slept during the day. 🙄 My mother said if I slept more than 20 min at a time during the day, she worried about me. LOL

26. Bubby says:

To date there has been no archeological discovery throughout the Middle East I am aware of that disproves anything written in the Bible. This article is just another confirmation for believers that the Bible is accurate and the inspired Word of God. Amen!

27. Linda K. says:

Headlines on climate change I grew up with in the 60;s and 70’s.

28. dogsmaw says:

29. Dora says:

30. SwampRatTerrier says:

There is no distinctly American criminal class – except Congress. –Mark Twain

31. SwampRatTerrier says:

It’s Not Your Imagination: The Journalists Writing About Antifa Are Often Their Cheerleaders

32. SwampRatTerrier says:

Proving that the Left’s war on culture and morality is the cause of societal violence

33. SwampRatTerrier says:

The Dems’ Worst Nightmare: Trump’s Popularity with Blacks Rises

Despite the shrill cries of racism, Trump’s support keeps on growing.

34. SwampRatTerrier says:

The Democrats: The Party Of The Wealthy!

35. SwampRatTerrier says:

Google “Machine Learning Fairness” Whistleblower Goes Public, says: “burden lifted off of my soul”

36. SwampRatTerrier says:

New York Times Shuts Down Spanish-Language Platform
    —Ace of Spades

37. SwampRatTerrier says:

China Covertly Subverting Trump Reelection
    Dissident billionaire outlines Beijing’s four-pronged influence strategy

38. Lucille says:

Facebook Created Over 100 Pro-ISIS Pages, Meantime Censoring Conservatives
    By Jared Harris
    Published September 18, 2019 at 2:02pm

39. Sepp says:

The 186th Munich Oktoberfest starts on Saturday September 21st.

Yes, that’s right!

40. Lucille says:

End the child’s citizenship born of every woman who paid this miscreant to bring them to our shores…frauds without any care or concern for our nation or her people…it’s got to end, but the traitorous Dems love it…we absolutely MUST regain the House in 2020, retain the Senate and re-elect our President Donald J. Trump….

“Chinese Woman Pleads Guilty To Running Multi-Million Dollar ‘Birth Tourism’ Scheme in US”
    by Jason Hopkins – September 18, 2019 | 6:39PM WASHINGTON, DC

41. P says:

I just came across this video a few minutes ago via a commentator at Amir’s youtube update on Israel’s election (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w21En54Fc3I).

I’m not educated enough to know if what this is saying is fully accurate or not — I believe there are those at CTH that know how to check stats. So thought I’d share this with CTH. As seen, very few people have apparently viewed this video.

ISLAM WORLD TAKEOVER
    952 views•Published on Jul 2, 2013

“From Peter Hammond’s book “Slavery, Terrorism and Islam”Video shows how muslim behavioral policies change as their total number increase. Originally posted in another channel.”

42. NoTwoSystemsOnlyOneChiCom says:

Trudeau’s ‘brown’ and an earlier story this year sure to fry the circuits of leftists. An Asian in, in an ad, in brownface.

43. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

44. auscitizenmom says:

A prayer for Justice Kavanaugh and Gen. Flynn:

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
    be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.