September 17th – 2019 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #971

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Stephanie Grisham Twitter @StephGrisham45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

541 Responses to September 17th – 2019 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #971

1. wightmanfarm says:

When is Trump going to attack our public school indoctrination system, as promised he would do in 2016? All talk of it is gone and it’s disappeared from his rallies. It’s getting beyond desperate out here in the public schools.

• Tseg says:

When trying to douse a gasoline fire you must start at the source and work your way backwards. Similarly, our US public school system is the spigot for progressives. Liberal clones continue to be manufactured here.

• margarite1 says:

My well educated son told me that the economy is due to Obama and one of his degrees is in economics so he should know – according to him. I don’t have a degree in economics so difficult to argue with him but this is a serious person who believes this but it makes zero sense to me that the guy who said “those jobs are never coming back” is responsible for those jobs coming back.

• Robert Smith says:

As a person who grew up poor and got a degree in econ and spent some time in investment banking, I know that the economy under O’bama was as close to dead as you could get. People who were lucky enough to have a job were doing more and more with each passing week. Everyone knew O’bama didn’t care at all about the working class.

• Tl Howard says:

Tell your son any idiot could give the order to print money, which is what the bastard did.

• LEET says:

Margarite1:

Ask your son to name one thing obama did to help the economy. He won’t be able to name one thing outside of massive government stimulous, i.e. green energy boondoggles, shovel ready ditch digging, cash for clunkers, tax refunds to those who didn’t pay taxes, remember the “stimulous” checks!
          Bet you any amount of money your son has been indoctrinated into the bogus Keynsian economics.

• 4catzmom says:

Exactly! That’s the question I keep asking (the TV) whenever anyone talks about this and saying that Obama is responsible for our booming economy. Tell me just one thing he did! But, that question is never asked of those politicians, even on Fox.

• Flova says:

Show him the video of the Messiah Barry laughing about the fact he lied about those shovel ready jobs!! Even today I watched it and could not believe the evil to do that to desperate people! Oh and my son works as a sales mgr for a small landscaping company since 2010. He could not get a raise because of Obama regulations. In 2018 he received a BIG raise. He is a single divorced dad with full custody so it has meant the world to him. (The mother pays nothing and is too busy with her antifa looking boyfriend to care.)

He says it is all because of Trump easing up regs on small businesses.

• Kintbury says:

Tell your son that indeed Obama was a magnanimous genius and he held back the economy deliberately so it would take of like a rocket once Trump took office. Also might I suggest he get a refund on his education.
          You might remind him that most of the employment gains under him were part time jobs due to the rules of Obamacare and it forced people to have several jobs. In truth, Obama screwed up everything he touched.f

• Free Speech says:

Unfortunately, POTUS with DeVos appears content to take the Republican management class platform of vouchers and privatization as the solution, leaving working and middle class kids stuck in these indoctrination centers until they fail badly enough to precipitate the elimination of the DOE altogether. Basically, Obama’s approach to getting rid of the USPS.
      Piss poor government from people who all have the $$$ to send their kids to private school, so why should they care?

Attacking the teacher’s unions may help in blue states. They already have considerably less power in red states. The real failure is the crackpot educational theory and consultant racket that’s coming out of the monolithically Left colleges of education at universities. Until universities are forced, like big tech, to allow diversity of thought and opinion among students and faculty, they will keep forcing their liberal theories into local schools. Citizens also need to be awakened to the carrier of this virus, the consulting/educational products racket that I suspect is fostered by kickbacks to superintendents and school boards and central office administration. Rant off. I’m an ex-teacher and my wife is a current ine.

• I agree with your thoughtful but angry comments, Free. “No Child Left Behind™” was and still is a disastrous travesty of education theory which has prompted businesses (such as Chili’s and Starbucks) to remove words from their signage to benefit illterate school graduates who only learned how to cheat standardized tests and to know that their teachers would help them do it. We turned against generations of experience that showed us how to build schools that worked, in favor of crackpot theories that have utterly failed, and yet we cling to them because – once again – “there is money in it.”

• decisiontime16 says:

Speaking of crackpot theories in education…the no-zero policy

“A small but growing number of school districts have implemented new grading systems that ban grades of less than 50% – the so-called “no-zero” policy. It usually works like this:

If a student has completed an assignment – no matter how late or poorly done – he has shown a “good faith” effort, and therefore deserves somewhere between a zero and 49.”

Lets send a copy of this article to all businesses and employers across the United States and see if they want employees who can turn in their work whenever they want, not show up on time, not meet deadlines, have no work ethic and behave in any manner they choose.

• Free Speech says:

This drives my wife NUTS. The talking heads in administration speak platitudes about ‘accountability’ and ‘promoting excellence’ while at the same time micromanaging classroom teachers with crap like above that directly undermines accountability and excellence. A lot of school administrators are content to grade inflate because they don’t want griping parents calling board members. It’s gotten pathetic. These parents just want their kids to be given an A, not actually prepared to succeed.

• Exactly. In the real world, the distinct possibility exists that: You(!) Flunked!” You aren’t doing anyone any good by teaching them that they can be rewarded for doing nothing. It used to be that, if you didn’t pass third grade, you repeated that grade the next year until you did. This is how the real world really works, and we’re actually doing our children a terrible disservice by acting as though it does not. You are personally responsible for what happens to You.”

I think that teachers should “bend over backwards” to help a student, for example, identify(!) and then compensate any learning disabilities that they might have. (My mother, a schoolteacher, once carefully took a student aside and asked her privately, ‘do the letters sometimes appear to turn upside-down or backwards when you look at them?’ The child burst into tears as she said, ‘yes.’ It was the first moment that the child realized not only that she had an identifiable problem that was not unique to her, but that there were ways to compensate. Her education turned-around from that moment forward.)

But … personal responsibility must remain, because that’s how the world works. Whether learning [a particular subject] is easy or hard for you, it is a challenge that you must accept and a goal that you must achieve – be willing to accept and to achieve.

• P.S.: I forgot to mention that my mother gave this child an audio tape on the subject of “dyslexia,” and set aside a private time for her to listen to it, taking care that no one else in the classroom was ever aware. The child listened to it several times, and after that “there was a gleam of hope on her face.” She had grown up with this problem and had kept it hidden the entire time, because she didn’t know. When she discovered that her condition was not only “not unique to her,” but that it had a name, that’s what turned the corner in her life. Yeah, my mom really enjoyed her career.

• Ken Lawson says:

” The real failure is the crackpot educational theory and consultant racket that’s coming out of the monolithically Left colleges of education at universities. ”

My wife, too, is a former teacher and she would disagree with you, as do I. I think you’re addressing the problem too far down the line. The problem comes far before the college level. The problem comes in the homes of our children. Parents are responsible for a child’s education, the schools just supplement that.

I’m a baby boomer and when I was growing up my parents made sure I was being taught the correct and needed things by the public schools that I attended. They taught us kids lots of things that went further than the schools and, often, challenged what the schools were teaching.

I grew up in one of the most progressive liberal school systems in the nation and yet was raised with solid, strict conservative understanding of history and civics. Even in junior and senior high school I challenged the teaching when it was wrong because I had been taught the whole truth by my parents. I was taught to challenge respectfully and never backed off. I upset many teachers and administrators, but my parents stood behind me and I didn’t back off. Often the teachers and administrators would back down and admit I was correct or at least that I had a right to my opinion. I was never shut down because of how I was taught to critically think and express and argument with respect to authority. Those lessons by my parents have continued to carry me throughout life with great success.

Too many parents expect the schools to educate their kids. My father had a job that had him gone on business trips every week from Monday through Friday and he still took the time on weekends to make sure us kids were getting the right education. My mother supplemented that throughout the week as she stayed home with us kids and also worked at a job to help support the family. If my father would have been able to be home during the week I’m sure he would have run for the school board, but that wasn’t possible. Even though we were in an extremely progressive liberal school system, the work my parents did assured that we got the education we needed.

Education of a child is the parent’s responsibility, not the community’s or the government’s. Parents can run for the school board and help direct where things go, which is a great idea. But the bottom line is that if parents had been doing their job all these years (including voting the right people into power in their communities),the education system in this country would not be in the mess it’s in.

• Dekester says:

Agreed Ken,

Our grandparents raised us. We did multiplication tables, spelling, geography and percentages at the dinner table.

Their grandsons, and now their children have all done well.

Our grandparents insistence on the basics were invaluable.

God bless PDJT

• auscitizenmom says:

I am always shocked when I hear a parent say that they just found out that their kid in fifth grade or junior high can’t read. How is that possible. Ignoring Junior?

• Free Speech says:

This is true. Parents shouldn’t have to de-brainwash their kids every day though.

• Free Speech says:

An issue with this point of view too is you can take all the personal responsibility for yourself and your children you want. And you can disdain and criticize the way the majority of parents are raising their kids. Much of that’s deserved. But you can’t change how those people are living and you can’t go off onto a mountainside and live life the way you want to, and figure, “Hey, I’m doing it right. Everybody else has the problem.” Because one day, those parents who are just going along with the Left educational establishment will raise children who will vote in Demosocialists. Great, you’re kids were raised right. And they’ll be outnumbered.

The Left needs to be confronted in their seats of power in education. It’s not good enough to say, “Well, let’s just privatize and let the free market take care of it.” Who do you think backed common core and removed most of our traditional American literature for non-fiction texts? Bill Gates. There’s your free market at work. The Left’s monopolies have to be broken up. So far a big goose egg from Barr on confronting any of this.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

My children are taught to back off when confronting nonsense.

The “teachers” usually do not know what they are saying. They are not civics majors. They are not scientists. They got a TEACHING degree.

They are probably cult members in the SJW Virtue Cult. They usually do not talk common sense, and they cannot have a back-and-forth discussion.

The only thing a kid can do is: note objections and expose the concept that there are other views for the benefit of other kids around; shake up the dogmatic virtue cult members so they are less dogmatic; create space for others to voice questions and disagreements.

I have already taught my kids that one goal of the school system is to cause a separation between the kid and the parent, so the government can be in charge and not the parent.

• mopar2016 says:

Great post ken.
          The schools aren’t exactly teaching reading, writing, and arithmetic as much these days.
          I think home schooling is probably going to get more popular as standards and morals are tossed aside.

• rmhnc says:

1000 likes for you, Ken.

• bofh says:

That’s a trick question, since the “climate” stuff is a load of crap, but then again, the NYC schools clearly aren’t doing much for most of the kids anyway. “The only way to win is not to play”.

• MitchSteel says:

My parents never took me and my 2 brothers on vacation growing up. We had one TV in the house. Did own maintenance on vehicles and the home. Ate out on friday nights, usually a pizza.

They found a way to send all 3 of us to private schools. I live in New Orleans and yes, some if these kids parents cant send them to private schools, but a bunch of them can, but CHOSE not too. It is a personal sacrafice for most and most miss the the calling to do so.
        Publix schools are cultural junk.

• LEET says:

The private schools have been hugely corrupted too. Common Crap curriculum is alive and well in many private schools. The problem with education (like everything else) is we have allowed progressives to control it. The ONLY bright spot I see in education today are the handful of charter schools that are Classical ed schools and also homeschooling. Everything else is the same crappy curriculum. Betsy Devos has been a placeholder. Hopefully after POTUS Trump is re-elected in 2020 we can get down to business with someone else.

• Pale rider says:

We pulled our first out of a Christian private school. Six kids in class one black boy who kept groping the girls breasts and pulling out his junk on the play ground. High school You might ask? No preschool. The kid was an ‘all day’ kid. Went to the head of the school and they said, we can’t watch that close. Second time we left. Six kids and they can’t watch. It all falls on money, for the parents and the kids.

• LEET says:

Pale Rider:

I have 1st hand experience with this. Vouchers have been mostly a negative for private Christian schools.

• Kintbury says:

How about voucher for home schooler?. That way one parent can stay home and have a nurturing environment for the kids. They can join other families for outings and even different classes. For some families it will be better than two parents working and paying child care. We get the kids out of indoctrination and they no longer have to fear for their safety. It is a win/win.

• kaste668 says:

Are you working to get elected on your local school board, or are you just waiting for POTUS to do “something”.

• oldumb says:

People can comment without/before following your prescribed options. Than is just a method to shut people up. Maybe the poster is not qualified for a school board, or is unelectable, or works too many hours, etc.

• oldumb says:

and maybe not ..what?

• kaste668 says:

Agree, someone may be unelectable, then they need to find and support those who want to see the right changes. Lack of time just means that it is not an actual priority and again waiting for someone else to do it for you. IMHO, we find time for those things that are truly important to us.

• Dutchman says:

So much of what we are seeing and dealing with now, IS the result of the ‘boil the frog slowly’ creep of Conmunism, the deceptive Uniparty con (creating the ILLUSION of a two party system) and yes, WE, THE PEOPLE failing, collectively in our obligations as citisens.

Just as many abrogated their responsiblility to parent, including being actively involved in their childs education, in a MAJOR role, many most turn over primary role of their healthcare to Doctors, rather than taking the primary role and responsibility for their healthcare, themselves.

My grandfather had a 6th grade education. But he could set a broken bone, birth a calf or baby, and had a better understanding of anatomy and physiology than most College grads.

So much has been lost, so much ground to make up. And yes, No child left behind, followed by race to the top, are some of the things that have caused me to realise the Bushes were every bit as bad for our Country as the Clintons.

So many things we let slide,….so much ground to make up.

For instance, many are NOW outraged, because they are openly advocating for post partum abortions. Many who did Not express outrage as first trimester abortions, gradually morphed into second, and then third.

A much smaller group protested, and predicted this was where it was all heading. But, so may wanted to go along to get along, or itvwasn’t enough of a priority to actually DO anything.
            And, here we are. There IS actually a debate in the pro abortion lobby.

They are agreed on post partum abortion; in THAT they are united.
            The argument is on the time, AFTER the child is born, when the mother can still instruct the Dr to kill the child.

Some say a week, some a month, and some up to 1 year. After all, its the womans right to choose, remember?
            It can drastically alter her life, so it should be a decision between the mother and her Dr.

So much has occured while we were asleep at the wheel,….

• oldumb says:

I am too busy trying to keep above water, in a 1 income family. I hold 2 jobs and travel for 1 of them. I cannot be on a board of education. I don’t think there is a MAGA candidate around here. So “making time for what is important”, doesn’t work. I can only comment which is my point.
            That is a shutdown tactic only. It is rude and superficial. I wonder if the responder runs for school boards as they admonish. Maybe!

• Kitty-Kat says:

Dr. Carson wanted the education portfolio and I wish he had been chosen for that; education was such a huge factor in his own development, starting with his mother’s insistence. He is very, very literate, having read many many books in a wide range, and whenever I’ve heard him discussing education, he’s made it so clear that he understands the problem to its core. I think he knows and understands education as much as President Trump understands business.

• Debra says:

Reading is fundamental!

This is the main issue in the education debate! Little kids need to be read to, and, as they understand that the letters are grouped as they are to form words, the words you are reading need to be pointed at as they are being read.

Is the above being subverted? Only if the child’s caregiver puts an electronic device into a young child’s hand instead of a book, OR if they take an innocent mind into one of these library story hours that has more to do with the ‘reader’ than the reading . . .

JMHO.

• Ma McGriz says:

Perhaps the President will re-assign him after 2020 to replace betsy devos.
        That would be great.

• The Boss says:

I suggest people research / look at the apprenticeship programs which are springing up all over the country. The programs cover technology and trades. Many are an “earn while you learn’ proposition and often end in the awarding of associate degrees in useful disciplines, as well as full-time employment. One other tidbit – graduates usually have ZERO student loan debt.

The federal apprenticeship program was launched in 2017. A massive report was issued in May 2018 by the departments of Labor, Commerce and Education. It strikes at the heart of progressive collegiate academic rackets, which create indentured servants to the US government rather than useful employees for businesses.

People can be forgiven for knowing little or nothing about apprenticeships. It’s not like the corporate media whores (whose college training is arguably 100% worthless) would bother reporting something positive about the Trump administration.

• Eric says:

The only way to change public schools is at the local level. You want to change things, you need to work to get school boards changed. Complaining on social media isn’t going to do much.

I am sorry to be so blunt, but you have to face reality.

• TexanInFL says:

Now wait a minute!! You have way too much common sense! You change the school system by changing YOUR home…make sure your children are raised to respect authority, don’t expect everything to be given to them AND when they are deciding on a college…DO NOT allow them to go to those liberal crack-head colleges. I’m sick of hearing people moan about how liberal their children are after college. Well no kidding! Be a parent! Not a “BFF”.

• ParteaGirl says:

I believe I heard the President mention the indoctrination of our kids in our schools during the rally last night. It’s the first time I remember him saying that phrase at a rally.

• freespeechfanatic says:

What about all the talk of “monitoring” google and doing something about Big Tech censorship? We’re getting slaughtered.

• MAGADJT says:

When Trump said that I don’t think he knew he would be fighting a multi year legal and political battle against the media, dems, and republicans. He probably thought he would have the time and cooperation (from his own party at least) to accomplish these things. It is a miracle he has gotten done what he has.

• Zy says:

Ultimately the best scenario is another term if Trump. After that the future is bleak. The “education” system is turning out millions who think the shit sandwich of totalitarian government tastes great.

• slawinlaw says:

I think maybe he’s been busy? Judge’s, border, military, tax cuts, coup….

• dougofthenorth says:

The only way this gets fixed is with the parents. You cannot expect the president to create some kind of ideology test for teachers. But parents can. Pull your kid or revolt at the local level. Start suing schools for suspending students for holding up a political banner, freedom of speech. It isn’t up to the President, get your rear off the chair and run for school board if it bothers you so much.
      This above, is exactly the kind of sentiment that allowed liberals to take over. We wait for someone else to fix the problem, liberals get in there and push their ideology because it is their religion.

• John B says:

That’s the parents job wightmanfarm. If your unhappy with his direction as President, perhaps you should just switch to the Democrat party. I’m sure they will tend to your needs.

• CountryDoc says:

Weightman: Sounds like you are trying to egg the POTUS into a political trap. That would not be smart. Attacking hardworking teachers, no matter where they is not an effective approach. Our educational system is not working. Our professional guild system requireing certifications for everything which cost an arm and a leg before you can make a low paying job and be enslaved to the guild, — is not working.

Best ROI is create the jobs, and rebuild effective trade programs that enable workers to make a good living — and the ineffectgive school systems and universities will start drying up. Eliminate the training of foriegn people where they can take trade secrets back to their countries and become parasites of the USA economy, sans the insane regulations our businesses face.

CTH is a great place for reasoned discussion and learning. It has earned respect. Sometimes I think I feel the presence of psyops influencers among us. I don’t recall POTUS promising to “Attack the public school indoctrination system”. He may have. The school system and its slant needs significant work. Perhaps he is, but it is by a different method than you might suggest.

• Also – even though “The Buck Stops Here” at the President’s desk, “the buck doesn’t start there.” The President can and should weigh in on the subject of education, as with anything else, but he’s not Superman. Hundreds of thousands of people in this country are involved in the process of “education [administration].”

• Nobodysfool says:

He needs Four More Years. Look how much he’s gotten done in less than 4 years while under constant attack and obstruction from the Left, the Right and the Media.!

The BEST defense against public school indoctrination is engaged parents that don’t back down.

Reforming public schools isn’t simply a presidential responsibility. It’s one of the few areas left where citizens can and must engage at the local level.

Don’t like curriculum at your local schools? Get to work, form a group, make noise, show up in classrooms and school board meetings, make more noise, refuse to settle, refuse to cave. Be civil, follow rules, but get off backsides and take command of something that should have never been delegated to the fed’s in the first place!

• TheLastDemocrat says:

There are tons of great comments and ideas in this school topic.

And neither party is really addressing this.

My two cents. A major problem is that many parents simply are not that involved. Possibly because the schools have made this difficult. It is very difficult to know what the overall year plan is, and what the major topics or content are within the plan, and then to know week by week, day by day, and then to know what assignments are given.

If I knew in advance, I could cover half the stuff on a first pass in the summer, at our leisure, and make sure my kids get it right.

Also: parents are adversarial to school, not supportive, or are indifferent. Teachers can guess who the good parents are, from the first few days. Teachers get discouraged by the absent, unconcerned parenting style and the style of being adversarial with school to protect their little child’s feeling from getting hurt.

A major problem is that kids MUST be in school. So, the 2/3 that are ready to learn are thoroughly disrupted by the one kid with all kinda social problems. Thoroughly. This bothers me so much that I have a new idea: Your Kid Can Be Bounced Out Indefinitely. Make a path to get back in, via some alternative school. Also, Part B: We switch to ONLY requiring K-8, BUT make K-8 great. You SHOULD be able to do math and to read by the end of 8th.

IF you are doing OK, you can OPT to get 9-12. Maybe have huge vocational centers for those who prefer this or are not academic otherwise.

But playing a charade that a HS degree holder can read and write is a joke, and a time waster, and money waster.

Parents: the govt will give your kid K-8. After that, it is on YOU to have your kid show their chops. No reason to babysit teenagers. Along with all of this, make some GED type adult deal widely available once the goofballs wise up. Free. Better to spend the money on more mature responsible adults than kids who are not interested, or who fail to have the family support to actually do anything but disrupt a good thing for everyone else.

Whoever you are: minority, low income, immigrant, spoiled rich kid, etc.: we ONLY have 9-12 for those who VALUE it. If any of these groups wants some fabled great American experience, they can make up their minds and go get it. It will be right here, WAITING for them, but not forced on unwilling participants.

Cancel the student loan program as it is. Make loans available per potential future earnings. Teaching degrees have a very sure future, so they could get stu loans. Oh- to get past sophomore year, the teaching-degree students MUST pass a reading and writing test. Maybe give them the GED test.

But the no-college -loans idea would get rid of the vast numbers of people in college having no idea what they want to study, forming an unaware mass to be shepharded through SJW indoctrination. This subsidy of directionless young adults creates the demand for thee courses, and the Reds are ready to step in and teach them.

• aisheschayal says:

I’ll never forget when my college going daughter came home and tried to explain to me that there is a new economy now. It is totally service oriented and it is based on moving America’s factories and all production out of the Country, that they won’t exist here anymore – this was in the middle of O’bam’s administration. And that was what she was being taught in her Econ class as an Econ minor! I was like – what????

• Lulu says:

The fact that the vast majority of American parents sent/send their children to government schools shows that even their parents don’t care what their children are or aren’t learning.

Almost all parents, if they put their children first, could keep their children out of government school.

• BitchyPants says:

Guess What – You can come from the most conservative household in Texas and pay for the most expensive education for your kid and hope for the best – we made the mistake of agreeing to George Washington University and Georgetown Law and now we have a Liberal Elite who lives in NYC married to another Liberal Elite both of which who “proudly” refer to themselves as “Globalists”

2. A2 says:

Now on to the PRC.

On Monday, all PRC papers published a speech made by Xi Jinping to a Party meeting in 2014. The speech was a roadmap on the Party’s correct path, but warned that they faced enemies within and without to establishing the China dream. The ultimate collapse of capitalism and the victory of communism with ‘Chinese Characteristics’.

Why now?

There are two interpretations, diametrically opposed for this rather massive propaganda effort. One is that to remind cadres that they must redouble efforts to support the Party/State of which he is the sole arbiter of success. And to show his prescience in knowing that China would face international and domestic difficulties.

The other is that his position is insecure against the growing backlash to his policies, from the militarisation of the SCS, money bleeding out to support the BRI, pushback on Huawei and the ‘made in China policy 2025, Xinjiang suppression, Hong Kong resistance, failed economic policies such as the housing crisis, banking failures, porkgate, and flight of companies and supply chains to the rest of Asia or the US and the increasing pressure points of the trade war that is not a trade war.

Of course you were not paying attention, why would you with all the salacious stuff of US politics grabbing your eyeballs as the next election is gearing up. However some of us have to pay attention.

Perhaps the Chairman of Everything may have a rethink about his chairman for life gambit.

I will put on my Carnac the Magnificent Hat ( Hat-tip to the much missed Johnny Carson), put the envelope against my brow. And answer the unknown question.( insert laugh track).

Answer :Hong Kong

Question: why did Mr Pillsbury go to China?

I surmise, as the so-called ‘unofficial emissary’ he is going to the PRC to sound out the comrades on whether they are willing to back down on Hong Kong, allow Traitor Lam to concede to the five demands and ultimately to restore an important international lifeline to the regime that needs foreign exchange, protects the wealth of the Party elites, gets business back to normal ( Moody’s has downgraded HK to negative and most of that hits PRC businesses globally) and so on and so forth.

As for leverage to the discussions, the bi-partisan Hong Kong Human Rights and Democracy Act that will no doubt be passed in Congress, both aisles. The act allows for individuals who have violated Human rights to be sanctioned by the US. Most of those targets are big bosses in PRC.

As I see it, it presents them with a win win situation before their big Commie celebrations on 1 October.

Over and out.

• StanH says:

It would appear that our mini-Maoist are finding the lack of resources to be a real bummer. When Nixon/Kissinger opened up China and told us of the wonders of commerce between our two countries and a counter balance to Soviet Russia. The part they didn’t explain was what they meant by commerce. The annihilation of the USA’s manufacturing base and throwing millions of their countrymen out of work.

I believe riposting an article from 2014 are Marxist being Marxist. Way down deep inside of XI there lurks a totalitarian. He’d probably get his rocks off with a repeat of “The giant leap forward” …and have himself a good old fashioned purge.

Good reporting from inside the wire.

• Dutchman says:

A2,
      “Of coarse, you were not paying attention, with all the salscious,..etc.”
      SOME of us are very much paying attention, (BKR, Ghost and others) and in fact SOME of us maintain thecWHOLE REASON for this salascious political resistance to “Trump” is BECAUSE of what he is doing with trade and specifically CHINA.

AND, we very much appreciate your reports and insights, and yes, your “ode to Carnac” predictions.

I have maintained that IF they take this Gambit, of having Lam accede to the protesters demands, its over. It may take time to “play out”, but once a brutal dictatorship fails to ruthlessly tamp down dissent, theyvlose their credibilty AS a brutal dictatorship.

They rule by intimidation, not the consent of the governed. So, just as the USSR’s responce to the velvet revolution presaged the collapse of the USSR, conceding to the HK protesters would be the beginning of the end.

HOW can they continue to insist on a “One China policy” after this? “Well, there is still ONE CHINA, its just that,…well because we need HK banking, its one china for HK, and a DIFFERENT one for everybody else!”

LOL, Lots of luck with selling that, Xi.
      What happens when people on the mainland, begin to protest, openly critisising Xi and CCP policies?

Do they crack down hard, again hilighting their hypocrisy, or do they again concede? Once they start conceding, its a slippery slope for dictators, with an inevitable outcome; driven from power.

So, do you see the PRC Comrades as agreeing to the proposal, and if so dobyou agree with my assesment of the ultimate outcome?

Put another way, do you think they can make these concessions to the HK protesters, and still retain power long term?

And yeah, Xi; “Emperor for LIFE? WHAT was I thinking? I just signed my own death sentence! New rule, NEVER sign ANYTHING when I’ve been drinking!” LOL!

And thank you for your posts, I assure you there are many here who appreciate them.

• Johnny Dollar says:

God, I miss Johnny Carson, too.

And Don Rickles

3. LizzieinTexas says:

The US sent bomb-sniffing dogs to Jordan. Now they’re dying from poor treatment

Can’t tell you how pi$$ed this makes me.

4. Dora says:

5. BTW RCP has little video clip of two Kavanaugh book authors ( women) “ explaining “ the mistake of not putting in important missing fact in summary in NYT article – they claim it was editors’ fault , they deleted it in haste to get it done (yea sure) but real tell is when one author said “ they didn’t want to print the name of the VICTIM ( author calling the supposed woman a VICTIM?! ) and because they didn’t want to print the name of the VICTIM “ they ( inadvertently ) left out the other part that she didn’t remember it “ (‼️🤪) . Bottomline so sorry ” “didn’t mean to mislead” and btw it ‘s raining on your leg . . OMG what BS

6. bertdilbert says:

New book our….

Joe Biden – The Early Years

Tough guys in bathing caps, Chaining black people and how to say sorry when faced with rusty razors.

7. freespeechfanatic says:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the current IG report confined to FISA requests related to Carter Page?

It seems as if all these investigations were specifically designed to be isolated and to avoid any integrative approach to a conspiracy. That is, to protect the deep state from critical mass exposure.

• Julia Adams says:

No correction required. I believe you got it. Also, by dragging the investigations out, it helps them achieve their primary objective, which is the protection of B.H. Obama.

• J Gottfred says:

Don’t forget the statute of limitations.

• J Gottfred says:

Don’t forget the statute of limitations.

• Dutchman says:

If it was JUST protecting B.O., and if there was a genuine two party system, the Republicons in Congress would have been ALL OVER THIS!
        Are you KIDDING? Exposing a conspiracy by the outgoing DEMOCRAT administration, to try to prevent the Republican candidate from winning, and then to manipulate him into an obstruction trap in order to impeach him?
        Political GOLD for the Republicon party.
        And yet, WHAT do we see? Republicons in CONgress not only not capitalising on this political gold, but just the opposite, FACILITATING the cover up.

Phoney ethics investigation against Nunes, forcing him to step down as chairman, and Mr. Cleaner himself, Trey Gowdy moved in.

And, ALL the Republicon leadership singing a chorus of ” Mr. Mueller is an honorable man,..” with Graham actually introducing legislation to PREVENT Mueller being fired.

No, the protection isn’t for Obama and Hillary alone. Its protecting the deep state, which is an unholy alliance of UNIPARTY, complicit in all of the bad foriegn policy, trade deals, and domestic policy ‘blunders'(or intentional, boil the frog slowly, destruction of America with a steady leftward tilt) over many years.

Its the ONLY explanation that fits the facts.

8. Sentient says:

The Dems are trying to re-litigate the Kavanaugh confirmation in order to help the oust Susan Collins and Cory Gardner from the Senate. It could backfire if men – and women who have men whom they love – understand that “believe all women” means the end of “innocent until proven guilty”.

• More specifically, they want to use the House of Representatives as a kangaroo Court. To use “impeachment,” not as a response to a criminal conviction or indictment, but literally as a political weapon. “Law as a weapon of warfare.” These attorneys still have the Democrats’ ears despite giving them deplorable advice, because it is what a rapidly-failing political party wants to hear. They are watching their grip on power de-materialize before their very eyes. The winds have changed, and they have not.

• The Dems ought to consider that “payback is a bitch” if aggressive Republicans take back the House.

• auscitizenmom says:

Nah.

• Dutchman says:

Well, there certainly are a # of Liberal Judges who rightfully COULD be impeached,…not because of nonsense allegations from high school,…but because of issueing decisions not consistent with the law, consistently overturned on appeal, consistently signing orders for National injunctions, etc.

Perhaps its ‘First fill all vacancies with conservative jurists, THEN (after 2020) use impeachment to clean out the activist liberal judges’?

If so, not a bad plan.

9. Bubby says:

FTA “An organization that leads the protest movement against President Trump’s judicial nominees and presents itself as grassroots is really the project of Arabella Advisors, a largely unknown, massively funded strategy company pushing the interests of wealthy leftist donors….As previously reported here, the Arabella firm manages four nonprofits: the New Venture Fund, Sixteen Thirty Fund, Windward Fund, and Hopewell Fund. These nonprofit entities play host to hundreds of groups and projects that promote interests and political movements strategically deployed in a long-term campaign to nudge the country to the left….A central component of Arabella’s activism is opposition to Trump’s conservative judicial nominees. One Arabella-tied organization calling itself Demand Justice quickly thrust itself into the center of opposition to Trump’s Supreme Court pick Brett Kavanaugh. The Capital Research Center has explained that Demand Justice is actually a project of Arabella’s Sixteen Thirty Fund….Arabella’s nonprofits, meanwhile, raised a combined $1.6 billion from 2013-2017 with the aim of advancing “the political policies desired by wealthy left-wing interests through hundreds of ‘front’ groups,” according to the report. “And those interests pay well: the network’s revenues grew by an incredible 392 percent over that same period.””

I’ve never heard of this group. It seems to me the left has an enormous number of non profits aimed at destroying this country as founded. Add to this group all the non profits supported by Soros, the non profits associated with obama and billions are being spent by leftists. I can’t really name any conservative non profits that spend money like this supporting Republicans or conservatives. These political non profits not associated with any political candidate need to be done away with and no longer get the tax breaks that religious and healthcare non profits get. Where are all these billions coming from?

10. moe2004 says:

Newsom is blaming the President? Now I’ve seen it all, perhaps he needs an evaluation of some sort. The man is insane!

11. Ken Lawson says:

While I appreciate and share much of Mishka’s sentiment on this issue, I have to say that we don’t want the Dems to “fix” anything. What is needed is for the voters to do their job and vote the left out of office across the country. That will do more than anything to solve the problems the Dems have made over the decades.

12. Devil in the Blue Drapes says:

The Democrat controlled House crack investigative team must be losing their grip on their take-down tactics. I didn’t even know Corey Lewandowski was scheduled to testify at 1:00 today before Adam Schiff’s committee.

This should be an eye-popping experience.

13. Blue Wildflower says:

Last night at the NM rally President Trump brought up the fact that the US military was in bad shape when he became president. I have never heard him say in the past that we didn’t have enough ammo. He has discussed the military not being prepared but I don’t remember ammo being discussed. I remember reading about different departments of the government getting ammo under Obama such as IRS, State department, etc. Does anyone have information on this?

14. k4jjj says:

I am anxiously waiting for the blessed secession California has promised. They don’t want to play by USA rules. They can then solve their own problems while we build a 30 foot high barrier along the California state line. They will need a barrier to keep their productive from fleeing the uninhabitable mess they have created. They are well on their way to being waist deep in human waste. Venezuela will look attractive to them.

• FofBW says:

Let me get out of here first! House is on the market!

• Ono says:

Ca will never be allowed to seccessed for two reasons.

1) Ca. has more military bases than any other state in the Union many which are very strategic (Vandenberg, Camp Pendelton, Miramar, Seal Beach…)

2) The Dems would loose massive amounts of electoral votes as well as house representatives

I live in Ca and am hoping that the tide is turning here. I spoke to a Lifelong Dem who I have known for thirty plus years and the green new deal was the clincher for him.

“Nobody is going to take my car and tell me what I can eat”

• bofh says:

Thus the wisdom of the Cass Sunstein (Mr Samantha Power) recommendation to Obama for “nudging” the populace rather than shoving. Constant little steps, not occasional leaps.

We were just speaking hypothetically. Relax. No one is going to take your car. Well, not immediately. First we’ll just make it a little smaller and then later we’ll change it to electric and then maybe afterwards take away one wheel so it’ll be a trike. Slowly. So you’ll tolerate each incremental reduction.

Same with food – little limits first, Annoying but no huge deal-breakers. Little more limitation next year. And then once again the next time. Overton window stuff.

• We can solve the traffic problem in Los Angeles fairly simply by letting California be a trial program for the “green new deal.” Order them to shut down their coal-fired and gas-fired power plants, disconnect them from the country’s electrical power grid, and turn off the pipelines running into the state. Order them to stop refining that “messy” gasoline and Diesel fuel.

Within 48 hours or so, there won’t be any traffic problems on the LA freeways. And we won’t be hearing anything more on social media from these people because their laptops and phones will have run out of power. “Problem solved.”

It’s a fairly simple matter to grab a headline by promoting radical solutions to difficult problems. It’s even easy to print a “WPA-style poster.” Much, much harder to actually address those problems. We have in this country a carefully-developed electrical power grid which delivers power with 98% reliability everywhere “from sea to shining sea,” and our lives literally depend on it. It is “simply, useless” to talk in the way that these people do.

Why do they imagine that people would actually elect them as a reward for spouting nonsense? I must say it’s very, very strange to watch a long-established political party self-destruct …

• Little Berkeley Conservative says:

Just the So Cal natives! Us northern folk actually get these liberal tears that drop from the sky quite regularly. Wall off Hollyweird as a leper island with a rotating door leading south. A gift to La Raza!

• Ono says:

Ca has amazing energy resources!

Two nuclear power plants (subsized by fed government), amazing oil reserves, wind and solar.

I’d love to see the expression on the Holloywood elites (who are all in Dems) when their water usage is limited to that of a resident of Watts, or when their chaffered driven gas guzzlers are replaced with prisus’.

All talk and posturing.

I wonder if Cher would give up her life in Malibu and move down to the border town of el Centro where she was born and raised?

She won’t!

• PinotNoir says:

A third of California counties vote Republican, don’t care if the left leaves but do not surrender good citizens because of lines drawn 150 years ago. “Leftist Oregon” for example is mostly four counties within 20 miles of I-5.

15. FofBW says:

It is called PROJECTION.

The Marxists / liberals have perfected the technique.

16. Beags put it very well. And what is more, they are still losing.

“I know that you’re a lemming, but there’s a cliff over there … don’t go that … can’t you see … don’t go … don’t … … … (splat) … … … oh well.”

17. sunnyflower5 says:

18. youme says:

19. BE says:

McCabe is going to sing like a tenor . They better put him under protective custody

• Ken Lawson says:

He might, but he also might (if actually convicted) just take his medicine because he certainly must know his chances of continuing to live will be greatly reduced if he sings. We can never forget that those in power on the left know quite well how many people who stand against them commit very mysterious suicides or have fatal accidents (especially if it’s against the Clintons). The question is whether he prefers to live or tell the truth.

20. sunnyflower5 says:

21. youme says:

Rent caps for all of California….

“California’s New Rent Control Law Will Make Its Housing Shortage Worse

“The latest ill-conceived policy from California is a statewide rent cap. As the New York Times reported this week:

The bill limits annual rent increases to 5 percent after inflation and offers new barriers to eviction, providing a bit of housing security in a state with the nation’s highest housing prices and a swelling homeless population.

22. Greg1 says:

For the liberal and corporate elites who think the China “social justice” program is a good thing (because it won’t happen to them) and they’d like to see it in the USA?

Your turn.

What could POSSIBLY go wrong with all of the money you have invested in China?

President Trump is SOOOoooo right………make your products in the USA.

• Greg1 says:

Oops. Called it social justice instead of social credit.

But realistically, is there much difference? The people who have invested in China over the USA are about to have a stunning education in communism.

23. youme says:

Bring our soldiers home now….

U.S. officials confirm, meanwhile, that a Green Beret was killed in action on Monday. That brings the U.S. military’s combat death toll in Afghanistan to 17 for this year — already the highest since 2014.

The U.S. Department of Defense identified the slain soldier later on Tuesday as Sgt. 1st Class Jeremy W. Griffin, 40, from Greenbrier, Tennessee.

24. listingstarboard says:

Ilhan Nur Said is a narcissist and hates the USA–sound familiar?

25. Rileytrips says:

Shouldn’t the State Dept. be looking into this, and if true, revoke her citizenship and refugee approval?!

26. youme says:

Malcolm X : “The worst enemy that the Negro have is this white man that runs around here drooling at the mouth professing to love Negros and calling himself a liberal, and it is following these white liberals that has perpetuated problems that Negros have.”

27. sunnyflower5 says:

This thread is interesting

28. tozerbgood8315 says:

29. tozerbgood8315 says:

30. WeThePeople2016 says:

31. cbjoasurf says:

Say a little PRAYER for POTUS safety. He is in enemy territory today traveling in Californication.

32. Zippy says:

Once again, tiny Judicial Watch is doing more than the DOJ or any other fedgov “investigation”:

DOJ Sued For Docs On FBI/CIA Informant Who Spearheaded Trump Tower Moscow Scheme
    16 Sep 2019

A Freedom of Information (FOIA) lawsuit filed on Monday by Judicial Watch against the Department of Justice seeks all records of communications regarding Felix Sater – a former Trump organization official known to US intelligence as “The Quarterback,” who was recently confirmed to be an informant for both the FBI and CIA.

Sater went from a “Wall Street wunderkind” working at Bear Stearns and Lehman Brothers, to getting barred from the securities industry over a barroom brawl which led to a year in prison, to facilitating a $40 million pump-and-dump stock scheme for the New York mafia, to working telecom deals in Russia – where the FBI and CIA tapped him in the late 1990s as an undercover intelligence asset who was told by his handler “I want you to understand: If you’re caught, the USA is going to disavow you and, at best, you get a bullet in the head”…

Judicial Watch notes that “The Mueller report mentions Sater more than 100 times but fails to mention that he was an active undercover informant for the FBI/CIA for more than two decades. In 2017, Sater was the subject of two interviews conducted under a proffer agreement with Mueller’s office according to page 69, footnote 304 of Mueller’s report on his Russian collusion investigation.”

As such, their lawsuit seeks all communications with Sater – including the FBI’s 302 interview reports and offer agreements between Mueller and Sater.

A Sater Setup?

Interestingly, Judicial Watch chief investigative reporter Micah Morrison noted in June that “Beginning in late 2015, Sater repeatedly tried to arrange for [Trump attorney Michael] Cohen and candidate Trump, as representatives of the Trump Organization, to travel to Russia to meet with Russian government officials and possible financing partners.”

• … and I am quite sure that this is what none of them ever seriously considered: “that ‘candidate Trump’ had seen this sort of thing before.” You don’t get to be a billionaire in the cut-throat business of international real estate if you wear your brain like a night-cap instead of using it for its intended purpose. Everybody thinks they’re smarter than you and everybody wants to bring you down. Everybody wants to introduce you to “the deal of the century.”

And, really, this is what the entire group of coup plotters did not understand and, in a great many ways, still doesn’t. It never occurred to them that “candidate-cum-President Trump” would see through it, and then deliberately lead them on without any of them suspecting what he was actually doing to them. By and large, these people still don’t comprehend what stuff this man is made of. But the American people who elected him … do.

33. sunnyflower5 says:

34. Ken Lawson says:

Nick Short’s comment sounds good, but unfortunately he doesn’t know his history and thereby opens himself to attack for lack of accuracy. The British were coming was a phrase from the start of the American Revolution in 1775, but the Second Amendment wasn’t written until 1789, 6 years after the Revolution ended. People may think my point is minor, but the left will look for any reason to claim what we say is false and we should be careful about that.

• Katherine McCoun says:

The British agreed to a peace in 1783 but did really think of us as an independent nation until the peace of 1815. Look at how they treated us on the high seas, how they treated sailors etc. Tensions eased after 1783, yes, but were still high in 1787/1789 and they did indeed come back for us just 25 yrs post the initial Constitution (1787) and 23 yrs post the actual 2A (1789).

However, I think you are correct in that the US citizens at the time insisted on the 10A/Bill of Rights as protection against the fed gov they were allowing to be born, allowing to be put in place over them – they were agreeing to it with specific conditions and other unspoken conditions that were powers left to the States so that the Fed gov would never overrule the States and the States would not become simple, regional divisions of the country under the full control of a central, all powerful fed gov.

It was from the memory of the way we won when the British were coming and, in party, motivated that the British or any other force could come in the future to rule imperiously over the government of the states and of the people.

35. sunnyflower5 says:

Two Door Ford’s second door was for Goggle employees…..

• I personally think that these women shamelessly made a travesty of the actual, very real issue of sexual abuse, by shamelessly trying to twist it for obvious political purposes. They “opportunistically” claimed to come forward with unverifiable and, as it turns out, inconsistent claims of incidents that supposedly had happened in their youth … just to use those claims as a weapon. Meanwhile, both men and women face “the real crime” every day.

36. Doppler says:

Top Canadian Mountie Cameron Ortis arrested for information security violations involving five eyes. Bill Browder of Magnitsky Act fame jumping out to disclose two meetings with Ortis in 2017, supposedly looking into Russian money laundering, suggesting those efforts might have been “compromised.”

37. FPCHmom says:

That’s pretty brutal.

38. Bogeyfree says:

I don’t tweet but awhile back PapaD mentioned he was going to retrieve the money he was given and left in Italy and turn it over to the FIB so they could trace it.

Could somebody ask him via twitter if this ever happened?

That story seems to have totally died.

• Oh, I daresay that “Pappa” is much too smart to do that. If that money’s still in his foreign lawyer’s office, he can simply give them a photograph of a few of the bills. He’s got tangible, irrefutable evidence of a very clumsy attempt to frame him. Why should he give that smoking-gun up?

• Chimpy says:

The FBI could then put that money in the same top secret bin as Weiner’s laptop, the video coverage from Epstein’s cell, the disk with Clinton’s emails, the location of Jimmy Hoffa’s body, and the identity of the shooter at the grassy knoll.

Filed as: Never be seen again.

• milktrader says:

Give it to the FBI? Seriously?

Aren’t they the ones that gave it to him in the first place?

• Bogeyfree says:

You are right in NOT physically giving all the money back but how about a bill or two.

The point is we want to see if they are actually investigating the obvious and running the serial numbers is just common sense in any criminal investigation.

The point is, are they following seeking the truth sense or sweeper sense?

PapaD’s answer would tell a lot IMO.

39. Looking for dirt on PDJT for Brennan? – “Who the H*** is Bill Browder to be accessing Five Eyes for “money laundering” investigations?”

40. Dixie Sugarbaker says:

The only way to change the media and effectiveness of SJW on corporations is for conservatives to have a seat at the table.
    Money talks. I don’t have a lot of money to invest, but I would invest what I could in a conservative investment group that would purchase stocks in these corporations with the purpose of making conservative’s positions heard. There are many of us, and I think getting a large group of every day conservatives pool their money together to buy shares in these corporations so we have a voice in their actions is the only way they will change from their leftist ways. They are so interested in diversity, let’s try diversity of thought.

Is there such an investment group? If not, we need one ASAP.

• Doppler says:

Interesting idea, Dixie. It’s just that conservatives tend to be honest, and true to their fiduciary duties. To get a board seat on a major media corporation would take very large pools of money, 100s of millions per seat, which would require raising money from wealthy investors. Investments are to make money, not to advocate politically. Once you mix up what you’re trying to accomplish, you become confused, and given to dissembling, trying to appear to be doing one thing, while doing another, like Socialists.

Besides, the Big Lie people don’t operate according to the rules. It just takes a few people who are dedicated cadre to steer a much larger enterprise. “Big Lie” Baquet at the NYTimes, for example.

• rcogburn says:

Yes, money talks, and the SJW left has a 30 year head start on using Alinsky-ite tactics to shame, pressure, and boycott. It’s time we started hitting them where it hurts, turn the Alinsky-ite SJW tactics against them: shame and boycott these leftist corporations.

Stage protests at Nike flagship stores, with big posters of the enslaved Chinese children used to make Nike goods – launch a nationwide boycott – and go from there. Any company donating to Planned Parenthood should get called out. Any company helping dissolve the 2nd amendment, same thing. We’ve got some catching up to do, but conservatives are quick learners.

41. Dixie Sugarbaker says:

Is there such an investment group? If not, we need one ASAP.

42. Mark W says:

Twatterers BEWARE! If you are PRO-Trump and you Twatter…… Check your followers…. You might be targeted by bad entities…

• rcogburn says:

Thanks for posting. This is disturbing and everyone should be on the look out for it. If the trend continues, it’s important for people be aware of it. And I hope someone is able to trace it back.

It looks like a coordinated attack by someone (e.g. Antifa) to “tag” the Twitter feeds of pro-MAGA patriots with key words tied to violence, terrorism, “hate,” etc. Just guessing, but I can think of many reasons they’d do it, from general harassment to triggering mass suspensions of those Twitter accounts for hate speech/violence.

43. listingstarboard says:

Indeed, WHY DO WE ALLOW THIS? Because our PC culture won’t allow the truth about Muslim Brotherhood and CAIR.

44. sunnyflower5 says:

Oh, come on—Man!

45. Patience says:

OOOOoooOh, WHAT a visual –of willie– comes to mind.

46. sunnyflower5 says:

47. mot2grls says:

This is my first attempt at posting a video on twitter. Not edited very well. The crowd was reciting his lines. So great!

48. WeThePeople2016 says: