September 12th – 2019 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #966

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Stephanie Grisham Twitter @StephGrisham45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

824 Responses to September 12th – 2019 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #966

1. ilcon says:

2. Tparty says:

From the article, Lord Blackheart.

“We have this wonderful paper called Yellowhammer, which tells us all the dreadful things that will happen if we do go no-go. My secretary has an alternative list that I have complied called the Black Vulture, which is my list of the things that people do not know about which will happen if we do not go no deal.

The first is the hazard it creates for the Crown. The second is: will somebody please tell us the truth about the European defence union? This is by far the biggest issue facing the British public and they know nothing about it officially. Can we please have a proper account of what it entails? Is it really true that the Government have entered into private agreements with the European Community that they will, on completion of remain or whatever it is to be, transfer to the European Union in Brussels the entire control of our entire fighting forces, including all their equipment?

Noble Lords may jest, but it has been done and they should check it out. It is too important to ignore.

We must know the truth of this.

We must have it clear for the whole public to know. I believe it is true, and I think we should be told. I understand that it is intended that the oath of every serving member of our forces will be cancelled and they will be required to undertake a new oath of loyalty to Brussels.

I understand that in recent months, we have had a series of people sent from our Armed Forces to create and install the command and control centres to be used for the control of our troops once we have ceased to have any control over their use, application or deployment.

It goes beyond this. They are to take control of our intelligence services, the whole core of Five Eyes. They will have MI6 and the Cheltenham monitoring centre, and we will be completely excluded from it under the new arrangements and have no access either …”

• Tparty says:

Considering the state of the justice system, which convicts loyal Patriots and exonerates or declines prosecutions of corruptocrats, big tech and banking, combined with the seeming loss of Presidential control of our borders, intelligence operations, military deployments or even declassification, can we confidently say there isn’t some secret agreement in place that controls the civil, military and intelligence services in America?

• Alligator Gar says:

I am in fear for my ancestral homeland. And in prayer. It goes without saying that I am fighting like a cornered rabid bear for the USA! KAG 2020!!!

3. nimrodman says:

“Trump has thrown hundreds of billions of dollars at the military to build back up their strength, but his tight relationship with the military goes back a long way before that. He once visited a VA facility and in the rec room found the wounded warriors playing pool on distinctly tatty tables. He was angry and disgusted. He said he’d fix it and the next day, the tables were replaced with brand spanking new match class tables, all on his dime. When he became president, just the small automatic gestures he’s since made have endeared him as their commander in chief.

“The peaked cap of a marine in full dress blues at the foot of his helicopter got blown off the head of a marine who stayed rigidly at attention because he hadn’t any choice. Trump noticed, picked it up, and placed and carefully positioned it back on his head. For the eight years Obama was president, that same force of marines guarding the president had to be assigned to that duty, because the gyrenes saw Obama for what he really was and nobody wanted that duty or anything to do with him. The first year Trump took over, 21,000 marines volunteered for that same presidential guard detail. When you’ve been where the metal meets the meat, your judgment between who’s a bullshit artist and who’s a real boss leader man becomes acute.”

Trump’s relationship with the military and law enforcement

• ilcon says:

This image ranks at the top of his Presidential moments.

• One thing that’s extremely obvious about this extremely rich man who isn’t taking a dime of his half-million-a-year salary … is that he actually cares, passionately about what he is doing and about what he is trying to do. And, “not for himself.” Future historians will be writing more books about this President than were written about Abraham Lincoln – but this is happening right now, right before our eyes, in our lifetimes. Watch history being written.

There has never before been a President like this one … literally. And, IMHO, he is the harbinger of what future Presidents must be, whether the Democrats like it or not, and whether they are actually willing to follow suit. (I think they’re not, and this just might be the undoing of their Party.)

• Kitty-Kat says:

There was a story going around during his campaign about how he once helped a bunch of soldiers on their way home for Christmas from being stranded in an airport, and how he used his own personal resources to get them home.

• Louisiana Tea Rose says:

I’ve never seen these two photos, but my favorite is him continuing to speak, holding her hand, her arm tucked under his, her face resting against his arm. It ain’t no photo op. And it reaffirms everything we instictively know about this man and his heart.

4. ilcon says:

Ds know nada about America.

Read the replies

5. Katherine McCoun says:

I need some help. Someone (a looney toon Dem) is telling me that President Trump’s tweets are not actually sent out at the time shown on the time stamp on the twitter account. I thought that the time stamp was the time they were sent out, easter standard time. I have searched and have found nothing on this saying that the time stamp is different than what it literally says it is. Is time stamp easter standard time zone? Is 5:14 am actually 5:14 am in DC?

CNN says that he tweet just shortly before impact time but according to time stamp it was 3.5 hours prior.

I pointed this out to someone on social media and that claimed I must be a russian since I do not understand time stamps. i have searched and searched – nothing about time stamps that would support his claim that they are something different that what is stamped on them.

Thanks for the help…

• Katherine McCoun says:

wait a minute… when I embed this tweet here it shows up as 7:19. when I go to the page of tweeter it says 5:19 am. I am really confused! i don’t understand the changing time stamps!!

• ilcon says:

I don’t Twitter but my understanding it is local time.

• Katherine McCoun says:

When I go to the twitter account of President Trump via my internet on my computer I see 5:19 am but cnn claims 8:19 am and when I post here it says 7:19 am. ???

Do I see the time relative to where I am or is it time stamped to the time zone of the person posting?

• cboldt says:

Twitter feeds your browser the timestamp in some “universal” format. Your browser translates that to the local time the broswer is programmed to display. I don’t know if this holds for timestamps embedded in retweets, but suspect it does.
          The twitter web page design is lame because it does not disambiguate the display. The display is just “the time” with no reference to timezone.

• ilcon says:

So you’re saying it’s an unknown?

• cboldt says:

Depends on what you want to know. I’m in EDT. Twitter shows me timestamps in EDT. That is the local time of the person tweeting only when the person tweeting is also in the EDT. Twitter does not inform the local time of the person tweeting. If a person in CA tweets right now (6:48 Pacific time), my browser will say the tweet happened at 9:48 – which it is, here in EDT.

• Based on the descriptions given here by various users, it seems evident that the Twitter server feeds the information accompanied by a timestamp in so-called “UTC,” which the client-side software then displays according to your so-called “locale.” That’s “the absolute time, correctly interpreted for where you are.” It would have been trivial for them to include the time-zone suffix, e.g. “EDT,” and they should go back and do that.

(he dusts off his trusty pocket-protector, puts it away …)

• ilcon says:

Again my understanding, local time of the tweeter.
          However @jack manipulate at will.

• This technical description is plausible and certainly easy to implement. (Send the time in UTC, which in fact is the normal way that any database stores it …) But, someone should open a trouble-ticket with Twitter recommending that the time-zone be included in the date format string to remove all doubt. If they thought it through this far, I wonder why they then forgot to include the zone in the date-format string …?)

• cboldt says:

CTH datestamp has the same ambiguity.

• Katherine McCoun says:

I have always thought CTH was time stamped to its hosting local – Eastern Standard Time. When I post here the time stamp is 1 hour ahead of my actual, real life time here in Central Time Zone. And I compute all posts back an hour to my time zone to know what time it “really” happened/posted.

time stamp is not set to read to my actual time zone. Unless my internet host is set in a different time zone so I am reading my internet host’s local time?

Yikes – getting More confusing instead of less!

• cboldt says:

I wasn’t very precise. It may be that CTH delivers its time in a fixed form, not in a “universal time” form, translated by each reader’s browser.
                  What I meant by “same ambiguity at CTH” was that the time displayed doesn’t include timezone info, not necessarily that the time displayed varied depending on the locale of the reader.

• Kintbury says:

Are you Mountain Time? That may explain the difference as I believe CTH is on Eastern Time.

• G S says:

I remember when I was on Twitter that there were what they call “scheduled tweets”, that you can write the tweets in advance and set up to be send later.

I remember because people were complaining about wrong time stamp showing on their tweets.

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

Hey….I watch Varney for Business news….so does the President……

I have seen the President “Tweet” out a comment to which Varney “Just” spoke of on his program…

Varney gets all excited…they have actually had a conversation…’tweeting” during his show…

Don’t believe any if the stuff about his tweeting

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

Oh yeah….Varney is one of the best interviewers. The President always has someone from his cabinet being interviewed on his show….

Just be aware Cavuto and Gasbagorino are on after Varney….. so turn the channel quick

• Katherine McCoun says:

If twitter is to my local time then why would my “local time stamp” 3 hours behind Eastern Standard time? Is it then based on computer settings? But my computer shows the the correct time for my time zone right now… Is it my internet host’s local time?

I could understand if I was using a VPN out of country when I accessed the page as that would make sense.

I have searched online and just can’t find the info. Thanks to all trying to help me.

Why on POTUS thread?

a) helps me understand POTUS’s tweets that much better

b) am in a “conversation” being called all sorts of names and being accused of being a russian paid troll, etc. (crazy delusional dem talk whenever they meet someone who doesn’t agree with them and can’t handle that a fellow Tennessean or American truly disagrees with them so they resort to tin foil hat conspiracy theories to reconcile their alt reality with actual reality). I was calling them out soundly & the above CNN article as fake news because when I go to POTUS twitter the time stamp clearly said 5:19 am. And now I learn that the time stamp is not universal. I truly have searched online to find the info and still can’t find it to explain this too me. Once I understand I will then find out why it converts to CA time v. to Central which is where I am. Why do I see 5:19 am when CNN claims it was 8:19 am and I am in Central time zone which would have made it 7:19 am my time? So confused! REALLY appreciate the help so I can be accurate in my social media reading/understanding and in my social media interactions with leftists re President Trump’s tweets.

• WRB says:

Do you log into twitter before viewing realdonaldtrump ?

Or (as I do), paste the address

into the browser. I am not logged into twitter in this case.

In this latter case, the time stamps of the tweets are in Pacific Daylight saving Time (PDT). I think this is because twitter is based in CA.

In the former case, I believe the times are converted to your local time zone, which can be set using

I do not have an account, so that is as much as I understand that part of the problem.

There is a way to find the date stamp, which is in unix format, and represents a time/date in UT (Universal Time, the new name for Greenwich Mean Time i.e. time in Greenwich, England, where the 0th longitude line is).

I found this
        but it may exceed your geek level.

• WRB says:

*The address I put into by browser is
          “https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump”
          without the quotes. This is a way to see the tweets with all times in PDT.

• WRB says:

With reference to the specific tweets on Sept 11, the dates and times of the tweets are correct in the CNN article, so I would not argue about that.

If some people find it odd that POTUS does not think like they do (to the degree that they think at all), it only highlights their deficiencies. I thought it was obvious a long time ago that POTUS is not conventional, and specifically, he is someone who (metaphorically) juggles 100 plates in the air, and keeps track of it all. The evidence is how many different topics he addresses in the course of his meetings, foncons, tweets. That is him, and it is a good thing, not a bad thing, when it comes to being President.

6. The Boss says:

Good morning Treepers.
    Slept in and am well-rested.
    Ready to win some more today.
    Hope I didn’t miss anything already! 🙂

7. ilcon says:

Ouch.

8. Bogeyfree says:

It’s Ping Pong when it comes to the Sullivan, Sidney, DOJ case and IMO there are only three ways this plays out……

1) Sullivan over rules Sidney and her request for document exposure. In this scenario the bouncing ball would end up with on Sullivan and the people would scream of DS cover up and more judicial injustice.

2) Sullivan rules in favor of Sidney BUT the DOJ drops the case to keep the documents from seeing the light of day. In this scenario, IMO Sullivan punts the football from himself directly to AG Barr because the order to drop IMO would most likely require his blessing due to its sensitivity, high profile nature and security nature of the documents requested.

3) Sullivan rules in Sidney’s favor and AG Barr allows the documents to be turned over and exposed.

So, in an honest government where getting to the truth and upholding the rule of law is paramount we would hope that #3 would win out.

But if it ends up where the case is dropped and documents never see the light of day then IMO PT HAS BEEN SNOOKERED and that should tell all everything we need to know about hats and end that argument once and for all.

Maybe nuts in a vice is a better name for this game than ping pong.

• Ray Runge says:

Permit me to add number 4. That is, POTUS Trump, at the earliest juncture the contrived Flynn case is dropped / resolved, addresses the nation in prime time. The address can be guided by Sidney Powell’s 19 page filing of August 30 and the particulars filled in with the information that every U.S. citizen has the right to know.

After 2 and ½ years of legalistic jive talk that has kept the details of the small group coup from finding the light of day our nation deserves a fair accounting of who the criminals were / are and the actions of the criminal acts.

• screwauger says:

None of the MSM will carry this Prime Time address and it will reach a mere fraction of folks who don’t already see the Marionette’s strings. Unfortunately.

9. ilcon says:

Nunes, don’t give voice to the enemy.

• Well, he really isn’t. He’s just being a Member of Congress on a powerful and important Committee … and, a Plaintiff. This was and still is an organized criminal enterprise – and it would immediately be called a “coup” if Army Generals were doing it. No matter how self-confident and arrogant the perps might now be, this sort of thing has no place in our Government and we all now plainly realize that it has been an unquestioned part of our Government for too many decades. We, as We the People, simply can’t go on like this. These are grave dangers both to us as individuals (they could go after anyone …), and to our Republic, and we actually don’t have to stand for it.

• Louisiana Tea Rose says:

Ya’ll don’t laugh….but an incandescent bulb just went off in my head:

THIS IS THE FORM OF THE DESTRUC-TOR!!!!!

All the components and moving parts of this entire scam are rolled up into a fat juicy greasy enchilada called The Michael Flynn Prosecution.

THE WHOLE “BIG AS YO’ FACE” ENCHILADA!!!! (h/t Chuy’s)

Anyone who reads THIS menu can see all the ingredients and accompanyments for themselves.

Judge Sullivan is the Waiter.

All we need is the check..

10. ilcon says:

Read his link.

• Yes, they’ll even tear into this President about the weather!

It is the job of Government to enable the people of all 50 States to prepare for foreseeable natural disasters, using the combined resources of all 50 States. These preparations must be done well ahead of time, and without “certain knowledge” of what a storm will actually do. If forecast predictions say that the storm is likely to hit Florida, maybe cross it and keep going, “Be Prepared!™”

As the Chief Executive Officer, responsibility for making appropriate preparations, well in advance, does lie (in part …) with him! As does every other Executive concern. (It’s a tough job, but somebody’s got to do it.)

And you know, hurricane season isn’t over yet. There’s a new tropical depression brewing just off the Bahamas right now, and it might be the one to utterly clobber Mobile! Or, not. And if not that one, over near the African coast there’s another one. There could be many more over the next several months. So, grab your crystal balls and tell us all with certainty what’s gonna happen . . .

• Patience says:

Could it be (wait for it) –a sign?

• L. Gee says:

WHY should I “read this link”? The posting guidelines say to tell people what it is, you know!

11. spoogels says:

Michael Flynn’s Attorneys Drop Bomb on Deep State – Suggest CIA Operative Was Spying on Gen. Flynn back in 2015

12. burnett044 says:

of impeachment hearing etc by house ..

• I fully expect that the House Judiciary Cabal will move forward with this as their original conspiracy had always planned. Impeachment is the candle flame; they are the moths. Hillary Clinton has given her orders, and they must obey.

… but I openly wonder if the House will actually approve it, because the actual Law is not on their side, and therefore, neither is the Constitution. In the case of Nixon, Bill Clinton, and Hillary Clinton, there was “textbook” obstruction in the form of willful destruction of evidence. In the case of Trump, there was instead an official finding that no obstruction exists. (And an equally official finding that the Lawfare Group’s “novel” legal theories don’t hold water.) He faces no Federal charges whatsoever.

Impeachment was specifically designed not to be a political act, and the Congress was given no judicial powers. An “aye” vote would be instant political suicide, and very plainly unconstitutional.

13. ilcon says:

Bushies.

14. sunnyflower5 says:

15. sunnyflower5 says:

16. ilcon says:

17. sunnyflower5 says:

18. sunnyflower5 says:

19. ilcon says:

• Kintbury says:

What are some of Trump’s whoppers? If he is telling a good story about a trade deal he is working on, I expect that. If he says he has a good relationship with a foreign leader, I expect that too. Are the lies just something that liberals disagree with? I certainly have not heard of him doing anything like “if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor”. Actually I believe is was Jean Shaheen who confirmed that all the Democrats knew this was a lie and they kept repeating it. The President has a very long way to go to catch up.

20. youme says:

Europe is in a dark place and it just got darker

QE is disinflationary because it perpetuates overcapacity and unproductive debt, yet it is massively inflationary on risky assets because the objective is to make rising government spending cheap. Hyperinflation created in financial assets as sovereign bonds artificially inflated

More QE from Draghi this morning because they don’t know what to do. They have run out of options.

21. America Needs Jobs, Not Chinese Imports

Snip:

The free-trade brigade focuses exclusively on the effect of tariffs on consumption. In doing so, they miss the forest for the trees.

In reality, every consumer is also a producer, and therefore what harms producers—for example, moving millions of jobs to China—necessarily harms consumers down the road. In fact, production always precedes consumption for the simple fact that you cannot consume what you have not produced. You cannot spend what you do not earn.

You cannot reap what you do not sow.

The truth of this logic is readily apparent when you look at the actual data. Take, for example, NAFTA. In 1993, President Bill Clinton promised that the North American Free Trade Agreement would create “a million [American] jobs in the first five years.” How?

NAFTA would eliminate America’s tariff wall with Mexico so that both nations could trade freely. This would allow them to maximize their respective comparative advantages and produce more material wealth. Win-win. Right?

Wrong.

Multinational corporations relocated their factories en masse to Mexico—the prospect of saving billions by hiring low-cost Mexican labor was just too good to pass up. Conversely, very few industries moved from Mexico to America. In total, a net 840,000 American manufacturing jobs have been displaced by NAFTA and the resultant trade deficit.

On top of this, America lost all of the service jobs that depended upon those factories. This is because manufacturing is an anchor industry: factories, like mines or oilfields, generate new exportable wealth and in doing so support predicate industries.
    ____________________________
    Read The Whole Thing

• thedoc00 says:

Love the term anchor industry, because here is allot of peripheral major economic activity that accompanies the actual factory doing the manufacturing, which involves skilled labor.
      Engineering design
      Engineering sustainment and replacement
      Engineering “newer” replacement products
      Sustainment and operating technicians
      Host of skilled management jobs
      Host of skilled jobs to sustain the people related to the manufacturing; i.e. shops, stores, restaurants, car dealers, plumbers, et al

This is the part the “experts and pundits” forget or rather purposely fail to mention when talking their trash about “rusty manufacturing jobs” returning. Every one of the categories above is the “middle class”. So, when a manufacturing job is shipped off-shore allot more goes with it, than just the “factory” position. The experts are more in line with Obama’s “you did not build that”.

The democrats seeking to raise taxes want to suck money away from the middle class being rejuvenated and replenished by President Trump.

22. Tseg says:

Interesting E. Warren’s Great-Great-Great Grandpappy was an Indian Killer. She got some splainin’ to do.

• Free Speech says:

Not trying to start an ethnic war, but historically, Native Americans were killing each other with no help needed from Europeans for centuries. The only reason the French and Indian War worked is because both sides (France and England) had built in Native allies who already were in conflict with each other.

• ilcon says:

Communist nirvana does not exist.

War is human nature.

• Chimpy says:

ilcon,

“Communist nirvana does not exist.”

That statement is incorrect.

When all the communists have all the guns and control the government, the wealth, the power, and all the means of production (forever), THAT is THEIR nirvana.

So, it does exist. Just for them, though.

If it weren’t for those pesky Patriots in their way…

• booger71 says:

There is also archeological evidence that the remains that have been found of the pre-Columbian aboriginal people who existed 8-12 thousand years ago, have no genetic link to the Indian people that were here when the settlers began arriving in the 1600’s. Someone wiped them out and it wasn’t us.

• StanH says:

Alright Booger71 now you’ve gone too far. Do you realize how long it has taken to vilify the White Man! Other than: the Crapper, the toaster, the cell phone, airplanes, air- conditioning, TV, space travel, computers, the automobile,Twinkies, Oreo’s, Game show host, roller coasters, jet skies, the party ring, roller skates, the cheese burger, penicillin, choo-choo trains (large and small), classical music, the X-ray, the motorcycle, the bicycle, the skateboard, electric guitars, dog whistle, and on and on and on. Other than that , we suck. /s ,

• Alligator Gar says:

The current PC attitude of the peaceful, eco-friendly, weed-smoking Native Americans is yet another racist iteration of the 18th century “Noble Savage” idea. It is pure out-and-out objectification of a racial “Other” to make the speaker/viewer/writer feel superior. That is all this b.s. is. It denies the non-European people their adulthood. It makes them perpetual Peter Pans in need of “protecting”.

Far be it from the current PC racism to see people as they are in every society in which they live. People fight and war and kill. People starve each other and kill babies. People are kind and help each other. People take in refugees and give them a hand until they can re-establish themselves. People are people.

The racist nattering “educated” classes cannot and will not see that all people are pretty much alike, motivated by needing food, water, shelter, and human contact. They will not see that these NEEDS bring us into conflict with each other and sometimes into alliances.

Oh, no, the evil Europeans did evil to every other people group on the planet who were good and generous and kind and peaceful and perfect in every way….but I digress….

23. ilcon says:

24. Some how I think that POTUS is getting some serious blow back on the vaping…no tweets bragging about it.

• sunnyflower5 says:

Bragging?
      SECRETARY AZAR: Thank you, Mr. President. So we briefed the President and First Lady today on as yet undisclosed, new data that we have from the National Youth Tobacco survey.
      This information shows a continued surging in adolescent usage of e-cigarettes. It also shows that the youth are drawn to flavored e-cigarettes, including mint and menthol
      Currently, about 8 million adults use e-cigarettes, but 5 million children are using e-cigarettes. This is exceptionally harmful to our children. An entire generation of children risk becoming addicted to nicotine because of the attractiveness, appeal-ability, and availability of these vaping products.
      So, with the President’s support, the Food and Drug Administration intends to finalize a guidance document that would commence enforcement to require that all flavors, other than tobacco flavor, would be removed from the market.

• sunnyflower5 says:

More “bragging”….
        SECRETARY AZAR: Yeah. So, it’ll take several weeks for us to put out the final guidance that would announce all the parameters around the enforcement policy. And then there will likely be about a 30-day delayed effective date, as is customary with FDA’s good guidance practices. And, at that point, all flavored e-cigarettes, other than tobacco flavor, would have to be removed from the market. Tobacco-flavored e-cigarettes — their manufacturers would, by May 2020, have to file for approval for FDA of their products. The other flavored product manufacturers can, at any time, also file, but they would be off the market until approved by FDA.

🧐🤔The Obama administration had allowed these products to go onto the market in an unregulated way by delaying any enforcement in the hopes that people who are using combustible tobacco would transition to a less harmful form of nicotine delivery through e-cigarettes.

But what we’ve seen is the data just shows the kids are getting access to these products in spite of our best efforts at enforcement, at retail enforcement, at controlling locations, at over 8,000 warning letters to retailers and others, in spite of moving products off shelves. They’ve been going at it, so we simply have to remove these attractive flavored products from the marketplace until they secure FDA approval, if they can.

• Debra says:

Well, sunny, I think what we learned from all the discussion, is that ecigs were hastily introduced into our country as a cease-smoking aid; the devices were meant to give the consumer an alternative to combustible smoking. But, the consumers of today are not using ecigs as an alternative to actually smoking (otherwise, the FDA action would not be an issue as nicotine vaping is not effected); rather they (vape manufacturers) have developed a whole new product (non-nicotine flavored ‘tastes’) that have produced a whole new generation of users of its product — that has nothing to do with the ORIGINAL use. THAT is why the FDA is acting — the original use of vaping nicotine to cease the effects of smoking nicotine has been breached, and, thus, the FDA must determine if the new use falls under the umbrage of the original approval (cease-smoking aid).

What appears to be the angst of those having conniption fits is the fact that these people WANT the effect of nicotine smoking (starving the brain of oxygen) WITH a ‘good-tasting’ substance. I hesitate to say, ‘don’t hold your breath’ (because clean air tastes great . . .)

• Matthew LeBlanc says:

Sort of like drinkers who like mild effects of alcohol poisoning to come from beverages that taste good instead of drinking 190 proof grain alcohol. What are they thinking bunch of noobs.

• Debra says:

They are thinking they want to have a good drink.

Vape users who are not using these devices to administer nicotine or marijuana are using them to administer God Knows what, AND to starve their brain of oxygen. So, yea, allow adults to starve their brain however they want, just do not MARKET a product that is doing that as a ‘safe alternative to smoking’ . . .

I mean people who buy alcohol KNOW they are buying alcohol, however it may taste.

• ilcon says:

CNN New Day had a segment this morning. It’s not on their YouTube yet.
      Vape guy had very strong argument For vaping.
      CNN’s fakeDr. sucked.

• benifranlkin says:

You gotta know the parents in the suburbs are freaking out over this vaping epidemic among their kids. I would be one of the if my children were still young. I say stop advertising the flavored e-cigs and get them off the market. None of us should advocate kids getting addicted to nicotine or inhaling any oils or allergens into their lungs.

• ilcon says:

It is Not the Fed’s business.
        I agree about the advertising ( regulate it) but advertising is always aimed at the youth (emerging) market.
        Let the states deal with it.

• booger71 says:

These flavors were not developed for children. The epidemic of breathing problems are caused by kids getting counterfeit vaping liquid not made in a factory setting laced with THC and no telling what else. You see the same things in street drugs and now even tainted alcohol in the Caribbean Islands.

• Carrie says:

Even if you are for or against vaping, if a retail product has genuine health risks, it must first be investigated. Let them figure out exactly what is doing the damage. It isn’t just permanent lung damage in a short amount of time, it’s also deaths. It’s like a car with possible defective brakes.

25. sunnyflower5 says:

Yes, Nadler we’ve heard your plans long ago….remember his flapping lips on the train.

the incoming chairman of the House Judiciary Committee explained what he plans to do once Democrats take control of congressional oversight machinery: maximize political fallout, mostly, by impeaching President Trump and Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

26. sunnyflower5 says:

27. sunnyflower5 says:

• In the eyes of the actual Law (and Constitution) as it is actually written, “it is.” The Attorney General of the United States is the highest-ranking officer tasked with making this determination – and, he did so. Law Enforcement powers are accorded to the Executive Branch, and Judicial powers are accorded to the Judicial Branch. The impeachment clause plainly means that the Congress is reacting to a charge made by the judicial process, not convening a “kangaroo court” on its own, and the many deliberations we still have from the Constitutional Convention make that clear.

But – this is politics. This is a criminal conspiracy involving felony crimes – including crimes that directly led to the very existence of the Mueller Report, which has been legally thoroughly discredited. Jerry Nadler will obey the orders of his co-conspirators, and simply expect the House to vote along with him.

Betcha they won’t, now.

28. ilcon says:

29. youme says:

They don’t care about how much debt there is. They just want you to spend to infinity:

30. CountryDoc says:

Regarding the vaping laws. I share the concern about infringement of freedoms, but there is a responsibility to follow laws of product safety. It is not always a “right” to do something stupid that endagers your life or the lives of others.

Then there is the economic responsibility. It is OK to have a “right” to drink, smoke, do drugs, or vape,or eat bad food, or not exercise — but who should pay the added cost for the additional medical expenses? If employeers/employees and taxpayers are footing the bill for medical care, how many heart valve replacements, renal failure, sepsis from IV drug use, treatment for hepatitis, detox and drug rehab admissions should a drug addict get? For a heavy drinker- How many admissions for liver failure, how much in court and legal costs because you have no job and can’t afford a lawyer, how many trauma admissions for you and those hit while drinking and driving, how many rehab admissions to pay the consequences for your “right” to drink? How much hospital care should we pay for your right to vape, knowing that there is much more that we don’t know. How about pot and CBD oil in the vapes, or smoked the conventional way. There is a lot we do not know about long term effects. Should we pay for the 10 years of nursing home care for the end stage dementia related to that?

I’m all for preserving freedoms, and keeping the government out of inapporpriate control, but don’t make everyone pay for the medical and legal consequences of the exercising of your right to make decisions and choose lifestyles with known or questionable consequences.

To be fair, there should be risk multipliers added to insurance premiums: If you smoke, if you are overweight, if you use drugs, if you drink. But don’t let the people who choose those risk mulitpliers be the same ones who make profit on the premiums from your insurance company.

• ilcon says:

I don’t disagree with much you say, however there is a price to pay to live in a FREE country.

• CountryDoc says:

So if the government isn’t going to interfere in people’s choice to do harmful things, the government should not interfere and force me to pay for the unneccessary healthcare of people making harmful choices.

• Ausonius says:

“but don’t make everyone pay for the medical and legal consequences of the exercising of your right to make decisions and choose lifestyles with known or questionable consequences.”

It has been suggested that smokers, druggies, tattoo freaks, and drinkers be registered as paying 100% for their own health care and agreeing that not one cent of public tax monies will ever be spent on their health care…or to bury them. An attractive idea!

“But that isn’t Christian!”

As I recall, abusing your body is not Christian either.

• thedoc00 says:

Something many of the “it isn’t Christian” crowd are quick too overlook and ignore is the fact that one of the major foundations of Christianity is “love of self” and “responsibility for ones actions as well as living ones life to potential”. The new testament is full of parables pointing to being responsible for choosing the right path and being responsible to live to ones full potential.

So, if people choose to vapes, smoke, dope up, drink…fine but do it in the confines of your own living space to your hearts content or your own self induced demise. The price of freedom does not include forcing others to live with (and pay for) an individual’s bad choices. This is the part libertarians seem to ignore as well, when commenting on the law.

• JCM800 says:

Concur!

States must limit benefits, Section 8, Food Stamps, TANF. After 6-12 months. Completely and Permanently, Cut Off,
        Move to where the work is…. Out of State.
        Mankind has been doing this for thousands of years.
        The Tyranny is Forcing Taxpayers who work and sacrifice their precious time, to fund the layabouts in Section 8 Housing surfing the Net.

• booger71 says:

What about people who are just unlucky to have bad genetics and end up have those diseases without living a unhealthy lifestyle…going to have them pay more too? How about people who engage in non hetero lifestyles? Pay more, or how about fit people who engage in extreme sports and get hurt..their lifestyle choices result in higher premiums too.How about people who work in dangerous professions? Gonna include them? You can’t just weed out certain people who the AMA or CDC or the public in general has shunned.

• ilcon says:

Life ain’t easy. Enjoy it while you can.

• Ausonius says:

Please read the above comments more carefully!

• CountryDoc says:

I agree. A totally free market would have health care go back to people paying out of pocket for everything.

Many docs are now saying, I’m not participating in insurance anymore. The cost for me as a primary care doctor is $150 a month including labs, xrays, procedures in my office, and very personal care. The rest you are on your own for.

Primary care doctors are leaving practice in droves. They have a choice too.

• Alligator Gar says:

Or we could just let people win Darwin awards and die from the effects of their freedom to choose. Play stupid games, etc. Sounds like where you are going with this. Unless risk takers can personally pay for their play, they should just go ahead and do us all a favor and die? Right?

• CountryDoc says:

But the government inteferes with that right. To have priveliges at the hospital, I must be on call. To get paid by medicare/medicaid, hospital ERs must see everyone that presents regarless of insurance status or ability to pay. They have no freedom of choice.

• graphiclucidity says:

That would make a lot of sense if the FDA was trying to ban vaping completely.
      But they’re not.
      They’re trying to ban all flavors of vaping juice except for tobacco flavor, because of “the children!!”.

That should tell you the FDA isn’t worried about the safety of vaping.

And while you’re banning things over bad health effects and somebody else’s personal choices costing you money, I suggest you start extending that same argument to alcohol, tobacco, prescription medications that turn out to be worse than the illness, sugar, soft drinks, fried foods, fast foods, pesticides, vehicles, firearms, knives, television, video games, social media, and stop breathing & exhaling because… carbon dioxide.

As a matter of fact, we could sit here for weeks discussing all the things we can ban to make people healthier, will save the taxpayer and insurance companies money, and “for the children!!”.

It never ends.

…and then the black market takes over anyhow.

31. sunnyflower5 says:

Well done, Rep. Jim Jordan!

32. Dora says:

33. Dora says:

I didn’t know about this. Yikes!

===

ISIS-infested island burns after US carpet-bombing: Satellite image show smoking craters left by warplanes that dropped 40 TONS of laser-guided explosives and decimated a terrorist stronghold in northern Iraq

34. Mark W says:

Bias against President Trump on display in the entertainment industry… The Atlantic recycling “Trump is insane” propaganda

35. ilcon says:

Geez

• What part of “President of the United States” is so hard to figure out? You don’t have a legally-guaranteed right to be in this country nor to obtain asylum in this country if the President, exercising the prerogatives granted to him or her by Congress, decides that you don’t.

“The arrogance is breathtaking …”

36. Zippy says:

Why are Conservative Girls So Attractive and Liberal Girls So Ugly?
    Dr. Edward Dutton: The Jolly Heretic
    Published on Sep 12, 2019

• LafnH20 says:

Another great one, Zippy! TY

I found the entire presentation quite informative. From bout 19:00 on, imo, Dr. Dutton, starts to tie it all together. The “Mice Experiment” and the “Ants and Bees vs Chimpanzees” analogies, were especially thought provoking.

37. dawg says:

Can someone please tell me, dont you have to be 18 years old to buy e-cigs or vapes?

This ban on flavored ecigs for the stated purpose of keeping children from doing it is confusing me.

From what I gather, the sicknesses and deaths that have happened are largely from the black-market, THC-laced vape cartridges.

I know one thing, there are lots of adults who vape the flavored ecigs instead of smoking cigarettes who are going to be very upset with this ban and Im not sure that the ban actually addresses the precise problem.

• dawg says:

For the record, I dont vape, Im just sayin’

• ilcon says:

Is there a new product on the shelf, remember freon? Or is it the tobacco lobby muscling out their competition?

Most of the clear minded agree with you.
      I do.

• booger71 says:

You have to be 18 in Missouri and the legislature is thinking about bumping it up to 21 for all tobacco products. Don’t know about other states. Of course we all know teenagers still will get booze, cigs, and street drugs. It will change nothing.

• dawg says:

My point is, that it is already illegal for children to buy vapers and ecigs, right? I think these kids are buying them and arent getting carded for it.

It seems to me the first thing that needs to happen to keep children from vaping is to enforce the age restriction and remind the businesses that if they sell vapes or e-cigs to minors, they will be fined and/or punished.

• Eric says:

All I can add to this is my 16-year old son says that tons of kids vape at school, sometimes even in the classroom.

• dawg says:

Well if its illegal for minors to buy them, how are they getting them? I think the businesses are selling them without checking IDs and thats the first thing that should be addressed. Fine businesses for selling vapes to minors.

• freespeechfanatic says:

More nanny-statism to compensate for poor parenting. It’s endless.

• Debra says:

There are two products that are being conflated. Vaping is done with an electronically charged device, marketed by various manufacturers. Some of the same manufacturers of these devices also sell the cartridges filled with the oil that is to be vaped.

There is also on the market presently, little vials of oil NOT manufactured by any vape device makers, which may or may not ‘warn’ of their usage, which anyone with a vaping device can purchase and use as a vaping oil. These, and, as other people have mentioned, ‘bootleg’ or non-standardized vials of substances, which people put in their cartridges to vape.

The FDA is attempting to get a handle on the latter — not trying to take people’s vaping devices away from them. Our government approved these devices as a ‘safe alternative to smoking’, hence nicotine products that have been government approved to use in same are not effected, UNLESS they have some unapproved additive (e.g., artificial flavoring to mask the taste of nicotine).

38. Perot Conservative says:

South China Morning Post

[b]Taiwan steps into trade war breach for US, saying it will buy US$3.6 billion in American agricultural products[/b]

39. ilcon says:

💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰

• “Imagine that!”

And, unless you want your next winning President to face impeachment charges on his or her inauguration day, until the opposing party has ratcheted-down to the Speaker of the House whom they will have thus appointed to be President, maybe you’d just better stop viewing “impeachment” as a political power-play. (Which, by the way, our Constitution emphatically does not …)

• FofBW says:

IMO, they know that is a hollow threat.

It is purely to keep their base engaged and enraged!

40. ilcon says:

• FofBW says:

Once again, the American spirit has been miscalculated.

Remember Pearl Harbor. Japan made a huge mistake as did Hitler assuming the American public had no stomach to defend our country and freedom.

• Katherine McCoun says:

Wow…excellent. Learning how to be non PC, go against the narrative and learning how to win using truth to peirce through the fake news media narrative….LOVE it!

41. junaid says:

The State Secretary of the Ministry of Defense of Latvia, Janis Garrisons, called on Russia. Latvia called on Russia to be more open in military exercises

Latvia called on Russia to be more open in military exercises

42. ilcon says:

I agree with Paul.

43. citizen817 says:

Peter Navarro interview on China, Economy… with Maria Bartiromo

44. citizen817 says:

Peter Navarro interview on China, Economy… with Maria Bartiromo

• LafnH20 says:

Only had to listen for a few minutes…

Seems, to me, they just shuffled cavuto’s talking point memo over to Maria’s desk and continue trying to advance china/Globalist wallstreet wishes.

Slooooow this all down. (2020)
      One battle at a time.
      Get someone in President Trump Cabinet (bolton🤔) to slip up and say something to shoehorn The President into “BACKING OFF”!!

Gee, wally, Let’s start with the thing that we can delay endlessly and stymie at will (Like Brexit) and push the “Other Matters” back into the shadows.

Same mantra… different messenger.

china, imho, put the tariffs on US goods “only” so they could (benevolently) take them off and ask a favor (delay/postpone)… cuz… “Muh birthday”.

Everything these Globalist puppets spew can be encapsulated in one word “DELAY”!

45. ilcon says:

French Davidians.

Emerald Robinson coined the term as far as I know.

• Bendix says:

I just saw discussion above about not being able to sell e-cigs to minors.
      Wouldn’t selling these things to 16 year olds be a blessing of liberty?

When he says “getting people to come” he is talking about children. We don’t have “liberty” when it comes to very young children. We have concern for the welfare of a child.

How sick in the head is this man?

46. burnett044 says:

I just got back from my local vape shop….
    many of them in my town….observed…vaping age in Va. is 21…I have watched one shop card the kids…
    now, the current fad in most shops is to sell CBD and hemp products..along with tons of pot smoking devices like hookahs glass pipes etc..rolling papers..
    they also sell dab…now many kids are getting dab and mixing it with harmful stuff to melt it to vape better…sort of the tide pod thinking..
    I asked the owner what would they do if they had to get rid of all the flavored stuff?
    they said it would cost them their business..
    I also observed, just about all of the devices to vape come from China.

there is another shop a few miles away that clearly has all the tuffi-frutti appeals to kids flavors..
    one thing i do know about human nature that to ban some thing only makes the appeal stronger in many cases…..
    I also know that many say they want to protect when in fact they really want to control.
    any way it is a big issues…

47. ilcon says: