Facebook Bans “Women for Trump” Ads, Because They Target “Gender”…

Facebook has banned any ads from the Women For Trump movement because they target support from “Women” for Trump.

Facebook has removed President Trump’s pro-women re-election advertisements, according to reports from tech site Gizmodo, as well as the left-wing Popular Information blog that reported a “violation” of Facebook’s terms and conditions.

Facebook policy states advertisers may not have “direct or indirect assertions or implications” about race, ethnicity, gender and sexual identity, religion, or financial standing. So the Women For Trump advert was banned… for referring to women.  (read more)

This entry was posted in 1st Amendment, Cultural Marxism, Election 2020, media bias, Occupy Type Moonbats, President Trump, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

205 Responses to Facebook Bans “Women for Trump” Ads, Because They Target “Gender”…

1. mikebrezzze says:

Shut them down, nothing would please me more than to watch FB shares slide to $0.00, just like AtHome did a couple of decades ago!

2. Sandy says:

Advertise in Spreely.com. It is the best!

3. Bryan Alexander says:

So, can we make the assumption that all the LBGTQRSTUVWXYZ campaign stuff will be removed, too?

4. Coast says:

Here is an excellent video explaining a lawsuit by PragerU vs YouTube. It identifies the difference between a publisher and a public forum. Facebook is a public forum and can not discriminate on content.

5. Fred says:

Facebook needs to be federally regulated…NOW

• amjean says:

Large social media outlets like Google, Facebook, etc. need to be designated
      public utilities and governed as such.

• Daniel says:

It already is. Learn about the DARPA project which ended the day Facebook began.

See, when a project is done by government, some things are not legal under the law. But when it’s in civilian hands and cooperating with government, it’s “just fine.”

• Sentient says:

Except that the CIA is not the government. The CIA is a giant parasite attached to the polity.

• Daniel says:

The CIA used to be something but now it’s garbage. But the same can be said about all of the deep state organizations. DARPA isn’t CIA. It’s under DoD.

• Forget the regulation.
      Start with the LITIGATION: Freedom of Speech & Freedom of Assembly
      $5 Billion per … STATE LAWSUIT
      Start with Texas

• ooicu812 says:

They’re already Deep State regulated. How much more federal do you get?

• Dekester says:

Agreed Fred,

But in this particular case It’s possible that banning these ads will only draw greater attention to them.

What do they say about any publicity and all that.

This type of censorship motivates PDJT supporters, and likely awakens a few indies too.

God bless PDJT

6. ElTocaor says:

Nahum 1:2
    God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.

7. wtfsmh says:

No other candidate this election can run a “Women for Candidate” ad on Facebook if this stands.

Watch ’em like a hawk and point out any that Facebook allows.

8. GB Bari says:

This might show how powerful America’s women really are. They either will accept this blatant discrimination or they will force Fakebook to back off. Something tells me that pro Trump women won’t go quietly into the good night.

• Tseg says:

As they say: Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned by Facebook

• lurker2 says:

Sadly too many people just take it up the rear and never complain or boycott. I shut off my cable TV service, I stopped buying items from Amazon, I no longer watch awards shows or SNL. Few people are willing to do that. The NFL nonsense could have been quickly cured within a single season. What a shame.

• Pa Hermit says:

Triple Bingo lurker, amazing how so many minds think alike on this site! Just like our brothers and sisters that are vets, we took that oath and obligation to defend our Country from all enemies, foreign and domestic, and protect our Constitution of the United States, That comes with no expiration date! May God Bless America!!!

9. thebigharry says:

Never smart to give financial assistance to your enemy.

10. Bad Bill Barr says:

The million man march tarnished, like Andrew Jackson.

11. Psycho Monkee says:

Perfect. Mrs. Monkee relishes the challenge. When I see that look in her face, I slowly step back.

• JC says:

Hehe… let us know her plans, PM. Trump women are strong and smart; FB not so much. Perhaps one of FB’s dumbest moves, out of so many.

• Psycho Monkee says:

Strong & Smart indeed JC. Mrs. Monkee has a vast network of Women 4 Trump supporters. The emails and texts are flying. This one cuts deep. FB just stirred the beehive and the Queen ain’t happy. Ouch!

12. Garavaglia says:

So gender targeting is the “issue”? Hahahahahaha. These clowns are so desperate. Their internal polling must be horrid.

• Tseg says:

Facebook strategy meeting: “If we can just shut down the voice of those that favor PT, we have a shot at winning the next election. Bobby, shut down the Whites, Jean, shut down the Blacks, Bill Joe, shut down the Women, Myron, shut down anyone with a gun, Franz, shut down anyone patriotic, Edgar, shut down anyone with a job, Wanda, shut down anyone in this country legally, Francis…”

13. KAR says:

Do they allow ads for women’s clothing?

• Garavaglia says:

I missed you post and pretty much asked the same. My apologies.

• nimrodman says:

“Do they allow ads for women’s clothing?”

Oh yeah, there are women’s swimsuit adverts in my right-hand column all the time (and I’m a man)

I know because I see them all the time, probably because I click on women’s swimsuit adverts … (again, being a man, by way of explanation)

14. MicD says:

I Banned FarceBook a couple of years ago.
    Not worth the price.

15. The Boss says:

Meanwhile, Facebook remains under the management (can I say that word) of the genderless-looking sissy boy Mark Zuckerberg. (Answered my own question – MZ is NOT a man).

16. Right to reply says:

So if I go on Facebook, and declare myself a woman, I could be banned? Bunch of Manchurian candidates, is what they are!

They should be challenged as to why they are against women, and why the Dems on Facebook are allowed to push race and gender

17. 100% YOOPER says:

…..”Presumably the ad is not allowed to run because it assumes the gender of those in the picture in addition to the user.”……

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 Liberal 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 POS 🤬🤬🤬🤬 lefty 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 America destroying 🤬🤬🤬🤬 bastards!

18. freespeechfanatic says:

These people are absolutely mowing us down. All I hear are whimpering complaints and impotent warnings from our side.

• DJT2020 says:

I am aggro too. However I also understand that to take on huge corporations like goggle and faceborg you need to accumulate evidence and put together an air tight case.

19. Shrug … I never have used either Facebook or Twitter. (But then again, I haven’t had a television in my house in more than thirty years.) Anyhow, I don’t miss it at all.

20. Sharpshorts says:

Internet of the Borg

21. Doppler says:

I guess Hillary’s meme: “I’m with her” would’ve been a no-no.

Only the thought police get to tell you what the rules are and how they are applied. If you disagree with them, you are banished. I suspect FB no longer even needs all its members posting everything, since they’ve built up a digital profile on everybody, and use all sorts of tricks, hacks and malware to find out about you even if you don’t ever post anything. They’re just in the business now of helping their friends obtain absolute power so they can all go to Global Socialist Utopia together.

22. jat says:

Desperate and pathetic…. They can ban stuff until the cows come home – it ain’t gonna stop President Trump from winning again.

23. Bill says:

Everything the left does is based on race and gender. So I’m assuming they will get rid of EVERY dem voting ad? They are walking a dangerous line here. One example of them letting another group target gender or race and their will be a MASSIVE, easily won lawsuit. Good luck.

24. Troublemaker10 says:

Isn’t that the purpose of ads? To target an intended consumer? I don’t get it. How about if the ad said:

“WE NEED STRONG WOMEN (and men too) LIKE YOU.”

Would that be ok? Good Gosh. This is ridiculous. And, I bet they don’t ban liberal groups with similar ads.

25. JoeMeek says:

The Internet Fuhrer, Mark Zuckerberg, has spoken. He will control all you see, hear and feel.

26. jx says:

Reach your core target audience.

Demographics – Select an audience based on age, gender, education, relationship status, job title and more.

27. Troublemaker10 says:

BTW…

NOT buying this either:

———

“Facebook’s audit of conservative claims of bias on the social network drew sharp criticism from both ends of the political spectrum on Tuesday, with a leading Republican calling it a whitewash and liberals saying it legitimizes unfounded allegations of anti-conservative censorship.

The eight-page interim report, authored by former Sen. Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.), doesn’t come to a definitive conclusion about whether bias exists on the platform, but appears designed to quell mounting accusations by GOP leaders, including President Donald Trump, that the social network suppresses right-leaning views. Republicans have not offered evidence of systematic bias, but are pushing the claims with greater force heading into the 2020 election cycle.”

Source:

28. H.R. says:

I think Facebook’s deep pockets are ripe for the pickings. Some enterprising lawyer will see the loot to be made from a class action suit comprised of…. women! How many women can there be that are cheesed off? Millions, no doubt.

I’d start with a suit for $20 billion and see where it goes. That’s a paltry $1,000 bucks each for 20 million irate women… minus the legal team’s fees, of course.

29. Garavaglia says:

Doesn’t women’s clothing target gender?

30. JoeMeek says:

Mark Zuckerberg is an emotional six-year-old with extraordinary powers to control the internet where he rules by simply wishing away people and things that anger or confound him. Mark has the mind and imagination of a typical control freak fascist of no especially cleaver whim. The people on Facebook have to look like sheeple all the time, think sheeple thoughts, and says sheeple things, because that’s what Mark commands and, if they disobey, he can brand them a Hate Criminal and wish them into a cornfield from whence they are never to be seen nor heard from again. What few adults remain try nervously to think like sheeple and tell Mark that he’s a good boy, hoping that Mark’s terrible power won’t be turned upon them.

Mark Zuckerberg is Anthony Fremont of the Twilight Zone episode “It’s a Good Life” come alive.

31. Leaving says:

So. . . can’t the group claim that it is NOT in violation of the rule because it is tby people who identify as women, targeting people who identify as women?

The rule that is claimed they violated according to the source is: “Number twelve on the list prohibits ads that target ‘personal attributes.’ Facebook says ads must not include ‘direct or indirect assertions or implications about a person’s… gender identity.'”

There is no assertion OR implication.

Also, the media CREATED this story. The media source called Facebook and asked why the ad was allowed since it violated rule 12 and then Facebook pulled it.

32. DJT2020 says:

I am not on facebook but I can gaurantee there are adds specifically designed to target women such as planned parenthood or heck even feminine products. I think they stepped right in it.

33. MfM says:

I was at the Kick-off Women for Trump event in King of Prussia, PA.

There were men there, even on the stage, it just was aimed at women. No man was banned from there and they certainly weren’t shunned.

This is purely political.

34. jx says:

Just in case Facebook changes their page…

• Two “unquestioned (by them …) assumptions” run rampant in pretty-looking presentations like these:

(1) “The only Customers that you have to care about are ‘addicted to Facebook.'” (Guess those same people were equally certain that Dewey would Defeat Truman?)

(2) “Advertising is easy – just leave it up to us and let us do it for you.”

Umm … I guess you’re kinda sorta stumbling into the “contrarian-ism” that I do professionally. 😀

35. I just shared this post on my Facebook page with these remarks:

“Attention Facebook – this censorship crap and suppression of Conservatives is NOT going to work. No matter what unfair practices you deploy against President Trump and in favor of the Democrat nominee, President Trump is going to be reelected in a landslide. And Facebook’s reputation will be forever destroyed. You cannot lie to the American people anymore! We are onto your bias and deception!”

36. woohoowee says:

-snip-

Piers Morgan: Populism is rising because liberals have become unbearable, Okay? And I speak as a liberal… Liberals have become utterly, pathetically illiberal and it’s a massive problem. What’s the point of calling yourself a liberal if you don’t allow anyone else to have a different view? You know, this snowflake culture we operate in, this victimhood culture that everyone, has to think in a certain way, behave a certain way. Everyone has to have a bleeding heart… You say a joke 10 years ago that offended somebody you can never host the Oscars… So what’s happening around the world? Populism is rising because people are fed up with the PC culture. They’re fed up with the snowflake culture. They’re fed up with everyone being offended by everything… They just want to tell people, not just how to lead their life but if you don’t lead it the way I tell you to, It’s a kind of version of fascism.

And Piers is still a lefty.

• The solved that problem already. These people no longer refer to themselves as liberals. They are all progressives now. I guess being a progressive means you are at war and tolerance no longer applies.

• Joemama says:

The term progressive was invented by the cultural marxists, because they realized that there was a stigma against people who called themselves “socialists”, “communists” and “marxists”.

Progressives are not liberals. They are socialists, anarchists, marxists and communists.

37. David says:

Weird how “Women for Biden” is perfectly acceptable.

• ristvan says:

That simple fact is the entire basis of both a 8USC§1001 prosecution of MZ AND a Women for Trump lawsuit against Facebook. Checkmate. Well done. And it is now all indelibly archived here at CTH. Facebook==>Faceplant. Out over their ski tips!

38. alliwantissometruth says:

That’s funny. I just did a quick search for “Women For Biden” on Facebook and found at least three of them

Those will be purged too, right?

39. This is all BS. My husband and I use Facebook ads every year to promote our event. You pay for thses ads, as I am sure you know, but when you select the demographic you wish to reach, age is your first selection and sex is the second…so what gives? (and if we are going to be all politically correct about all this, there are ONLY two choices of sex ) You use Facebook demographic selection choices and they ban your ad? That makes no sense at all!

• lurker2 says:

I had no idea how that was done. Thanks for letting us know. Wow. You select your target demographic. Wow.

People, get off facebook. Do it now.

• mopar2016 says:

Never been on Farcebook and never will. Not going to play their silly games.
      My elderly parents both died this year three months apart.
      After my Mom died my sister was getting messages from Mom’s Facebook account, asking how she’s doing and wishing everyone well. I thought that was a pretty low thing to do to someone. She showed it to me, there was my Mom’s face and obviously someone thought that was okay to do.

40. theresanne says:

Who can say they only target women? That would only be true if FB only allowed their ads to appear when the FB user is a woman. Then the discriminator would be FB. If everyone can see the ad, it’s not discrimination. So what if the ad creator is a group of women.

41. Dave says:

So, can The League of Women Voters advertise there?

42. lurker2 says:

I hope the group files a lawsuit. Let’s bring this to a head.

43. Well who wants to start a campaign for women to sign out of Facebook en mass and start some kind of Women Against Facebook group?

44. nkmommy says:

I’ve never cared for or used Facebook. Nevertheless, this is insane! I am so sorry for my children inheriting this kind of madness when they grow up and I pray to God, with Trump’s help, we can restore common sense to our country before then.

45. cdnintx says:

Facebook was fine with “I’m with Her” …

46. ristvan says:

Zuckerberg just confirmed the anti conservative bias he recently denied to Congress. Felony under 18USC§1001!

And he just painted a huge legal target on Facebook given their advertising about their advertising indelibly posted above—and the other gender targeted advertising they obviously do allow, like new Mom baby stuff. Don’t think PDJT or Women for Trump should go meekly into the night. I’ll volunteer to help out pro bono, expenses only.

• neal s says:

Thanks much for your help. Your comments are much appreciated by those of us who might not be lawyers, but have an interest in law.

47. louche9 says:

What a load. Just last night, I was scrolling through you tube, and came across (and marked as “not interested”) several frames of boring-looking content, marketed as “by women, for women.” Total hypocrisy.

48. OK, I’m buying a Women for Trump tee-shirt, right now.