June 20th – 2019 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #882

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

651 Responses to June 20th – 2019 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #882

1. Ilcon says:

2. Dora says:

Being a democrat in New York these days, must get pretty confusing.

3. Ilcon says:

Want fries with that?

4. youme says:

2.00% on 10yr Treasury . Rest of world is panic buying Treasuries as everything in their country negative yield . Just insane

• Sentient says:

There are a lot of people talking about the economy slowing and how that will hurt the president going into 2020. Aside from the issue of whether things are really slowing much, with interest rates falling (and home values having risen), a lot of people will refinance mortgages, consolidating debt, lowering payments and – whether this is smart or not – freeing them up to be able to spend more. All of that will work in the president’s favor.

• Rynn69 says:

Nothing is going to hurt Trump. He stands between the saving of America and the destruction of America.

• Git-R-Done says:

I don’t know what planet you live on but a recession would DEFINITELY HURT the President’s re-election chances. That’s why the media keeps predicting and hoping for one. It does not appear likely based on real data however. Some slowing perhaps, but much will depend on outcomes of ongoing trade talks.

• Dutchman says:

Economics is at least as much mass psychology as it is mathematics.

Hence the media hyping recessiin, in hopes of slowing down the Trup train.

They still don’t understand they have sacrificed the only valuable commodity they ever had; trust.

They were able to manipulate public opinion, for years because most people BELIEVED them.

They plunged like lemmings, off the cliff of TDS, gleefully sacrificing their carefully contrived appearance of ‘fair and balanced, and can’t understand why it doesn’t work any more.

Either Abe was right, about fooling people, or he was wrong. We’ll find out in Nov. 2020.

Personally, I’m hoping Abe was right.

• Attorney at Law says:

Clearly you don’t know nor understand President Trump’s base.

I stand FIRMLY behind President Trump, 100%.

• cheering4america says:

We see that; many don’t, mostly because they regularly watch the narrative-pushers.

2020 will be Trump vs. Massive Electoral Fraud. Massive. Nothing else matters, including who the Dim nominee turns out to be.

• Luke of the D says:

That is the best assessment I of the 2020 elections I have ever read in two short sentences, C4A. Well said. Nothing else matters.

• benster11 says:

Andrew Cuomo is already gearing up for the Massive Fraud, with his licenses for illegal aliens.
              New Yorkers already said no to that once, and he doesn’t care.
              There’s a reason he’d bring this unpopular move back, and it isn’t to help Jellybrains.

• joebkonobi says:

I agree! That is why the dems are all saying PDJT will not give up the office if he loses. They (dems) know massive voter fraud is already planned or being planned. They also know that is the only way they can win. The fraud will be massive and occur in key swing States, especially the purple ones.. I hope the RNC and Trump campaign are prepared.

• TheUnknownPatriot says:

Everything will be fine until next year. That’s when I expect the Fed to jack up rates to try and hurt Trump.

• Redhotrugmama says:

Sadly I really think something is coming and it will be closer to election. Mybreasoning is I have a family member that is a C level exec for major bank. This person is very stressed right now…..bank is going to have major reorg with major lay offs. Executive level planning on this is happening now:(

5. Ilcon says:

• steviedawn says:

This is exactly right. It’s what I fear most going into the 2020 election. Those tech titans are loaded for bear, and they want to take Trump down, and they feel completely justified in doing so.

• Bendix says:

Why, oh why, has this administration not even attempted to bring back our laws against monopolies, etc?
      This is something that has been popular with the people for decades, but which neither party can bring themselves to get around to doing.
      Now that it will be viewed by many as the president trying to silence his heroic critics, it may be too late.
      It should have been one of the first orders of business, IMO.

BTW, my church had to get a new email address because it could no longer send emails to parishioners with aol or yahoo accounts.

6. waltherppk says:

7. Ilcon says:

• You know, I hear stories like this being repeated over and over, but I do not believe them. I think that the reason why nobody produced that server is actually that the server never existed. It is both nonsense and a felony for classified information to be placed “in harm’s way” on a public server, and in this case there would be absolutely no reason for doing it except to facilitate “the Russians™ stole it.” (“The Russians” specifically being necessary to create a case for counter-espionage … namely, government spying.)

The “beach-blit” thing, as well as the un-named “aide,” is an afterthought to explain why the server can’t be produced now.

Occam’s Razor takes over now, accompanied by other empirical evidence based on time-stamps: that the data was simply copied to a flash drive and leaked … by the DNC.

That’s the essential felony: that data was extracted from government servers (an event which will be documented by audit records), and transferred to the New York Times. You want the simplest sufficient explanation for that felony. A flash drive and a shirt pocket.

“No server” means “no Russia” means no “justification” for the use of government powers to spy on your political opponents. I find no credible justification to believe that the server actually existed at all.

• Prairie Dog says:

Your hypothesis sounds quite plausible.

• Well, I’m also very familiar with Microsoft Exchange and with how any such server would be given access to the Internet, especially given the highly sensitive information that it was known to contain. There would be VPN (“Virtual Private Network”) portals, and these portals would not be guarded by “mere passwords.” Microsoft Exchange itself has formidable cryptographic defenses of its own – this is competently-designed industrial strength software. We would also necessarily assume that it is competently and attentively managed. Even though governments might (might …) have some super-power exploit, reliance on such a “zero-day vulnerability” is quite a massive stretch.

This also is simply not something that “an aide” could wander up to and “bleach-blit.” Never.

So, the whole damned fantasy falls apart on many levels at once, relying on massive incompetence and intentional betrayal as well as technical implausibility. I have seen many reports of “outside hacking” and every single time it was “an inside job.” Even if the server did exist, the stories concerning it do not add up. And, as I said, the existence of the server is not necessary to explain the crime (and is counter-indicated by other known facts).

No – the published stories simply cannot be true. My “BOZO bit is flipped,” and it’s staying that way.

• Louisiana Tea Rose says:

I am intrigued by your comment.

Why would she not deny it (having server in her house) if this was the case?

Pagliano pleaded fifth about it.

Comey said FBI never examined it.

Obama emailed her on it, and Huma wanted a copy of one of them.

I get it: they are all liars, but that server did her in.

If there was no server, how does this stuff benefit her not refuting that?

• They needed “servers,” including maybe “bathroom servers” (gotta luv that one …) to justify their essential story – counter-intelligence. The crime had to be perpetrated by a Foreign National. Now, and only now, is there supposed “justification” for the use of government powers to … spy on your opponents.

“This is their story and they’re sticking to it” because this is their ex post facto justification for what they had been doing for years.

As various aspects of this caper began to unwind – started, perhaps, by Adm. Rogers’ discovery and his willingness to intervene against it – we see many preposterous stories being advanced to put the blame somewhere else.

• dahimm says:

These are different servers, one owned by Hillary and kept in a bathroom somewhere, the other owned by the DNC and kept (I assume) somewhere a bit more physically secure.

• steph_gray says:

Bingo!

What dahimm says here is a very common misconception. Hilliary’s server and the DNC server were two separate and different ones (probably server farms in the latter case but I digress).

And it’s no wonder there’s a misconception, because the yellowstream media has moved heaven and earth to confuse the two in the minds of the public.

I for one cannot ascribe to a theory that Hilliary did not have a server that she abused and compromised illegally.

• Kintbury says:

Totally disagree with their comments too. She had the server in order to conduct her pay to play operations. Security was never a concern to the Clintons but money certainly was.

• I hear you … I hear you … I heard it too … but I really can’t imagine anyone in any I.T. organization, let alone one operating at such a high level of privilege, ever actually doing these things nor allowing them to be done. (“A server in a bathroom? You’re sh*ttin’ me” … uhh, sorry.)

No, I think that it’s actually an elaborate smoke-screen attempting to cover up a much simpler and more insidious pattern of criminality and to push the blame in different directions – technical and otherwise. It’s the sort of thing that sounds good in the papers if you don’t study the papers too closely. But if you do know about all this stuff … if you yourself live and work in that world … know the sort of people who are technically responsible in situations like this, and what they are every day responsible for … “BOZO.™”

• Bendix says:

What about Paul Combetta going on reddit? Was “Stonetear” associated with Platte River or was he before that?
              I get so confused.

• snellvillebob says:

And Sidney Blumenthal wanted Hillary’s file on where Qaddaffy put his wealth. I fear Hillary used the IC and State Dept to build up this file with the intentions of looting it after Qaddaffy was disposed of.

• Ilcon says:

From which server did clintonemail.com originate?

• The Unix/Linux command “dig clintonemail.com” now puts it at IP-address 208.91.197.27 but you’d have to have access to their records to find out anywhere else it had been.

Nonetheless – that would not be the servers we’re talking about here. They would not have had “a domain name.” (Indeed, the first challenge would be to discover where any such server is, out of literally trillions of possibilities. You would have to already know, because VPN portals won’t reveal their existence and quite possibly neither might MS Exchange Server. (Like I said, “this is industrial-strength software.” You don’t just wander in, either the front door or the back.)

• Somebody says:

You’re conflating two different things. Hillary as SOS did indeed keep and use a home brew server that the aid used bleach bit on. All of that is well documented, it’s also documented that foreign actors gained access to highly classified material via that server, specifically the Chinese.

The “hack” leading to the Russia hoax was indeed probably an inside job. That “hack” involved the DNC server NOT Hillary’s server. Two completely separate incidents.

• Yes, they say that “foreign actors” gained access to these materials by “hacking into” these curiously-exposed servers which contained curiously-sensitive things … but … I do not believe them.

I think that was extremely important for certain people that “foreign actors” would get the blame, because that’s what makes it “counter-intel.” But I do not choose to accept these stories as truth. I choose to believe that they are part of the hoax. I have very carefully weighed these tales – from a position of considerable technical familiarity – and they do not survive my scrutiny and skepticism.

• David A says:

You are still conflating the DNC servers used as part of the witch hunt verses HRC personal server conducting state business – corruption on.

• Redzone says:

MR – you are conflating 2 separate events which is a common practice for some, especially in the liberal media. Hillary’s private server and the DNC being hacked by Russians are 2 different things. The basis for your hypothesis is incorrect.

• Redzone says:

Somebody- looks like you beat me by 2 minutes in posting your comment. Good to know others are catching the spin.

• I’m not conflating anything – I’m expressing a considered opinion. Yes, I know what the various stories say. Nevertheless, I doubt the actual existence of both(!) servers. I also doubt the “outside hack” story. This is my area of professional expertise, so I don’t make these comments casually. I sincerely believe that I know whereof I speak. I might be wrong, but I don’t think so.

It’s hard – damned near impossible, really – to “break in” to a computer system from the outside without great inside assistance. It’s not hard to copy data to a flash drive. I’ve been asked to comment or to testify about many “hack jobs,” and in 100% of those cases it was an “inside job.” I have no reason to believe that it is different here.

And – that is my o-p-i-n-i-o-n. But I’m sticking to it.

• aisheschayal says:

It’s an intriguing position at any rate. What I a am wondering is how does ransomware get away with all their hacking if it’s darn near impossible to break into a computer system without outside assistance? Ransomware has attacked many nursing homes in my area and obtained their most private data.

• Again and again and again … “look inside.” Pretty horrible to think about but time and time again it happens. Now, a nursing home might not have a very well-developed IT organization if they have one at all. Lots of people get hired in IT jobs without so much as a criminal background-check.

(Now – just as an aside: “never run any computer as an ‘Administrator.'” Never respond to a prompt for an “administrator password” when running as an “ordinary” account. There are plenty of cases where this tenet is not followed and, believe it or not, MS Windows “Home Edition” makes it somewhat hard to do.)

But even so, there’s a world of difference between these unfortunate scenarios and the ones that we necessarily must be talking about here. It is not credible to see any server, even a server in a bathroom, to be defenseless and undefended. Even if it exists. I will not choose to accept as valid any scenario which presupposes any such thing in this case. I know that I have “colleagues” somewhere in the US Government – whom I have never met and never will – but who I know are not unprofessional, nor traitors to their country. (Their top-bosses might or might not be a different matter.)

• Somebody says:

Mike I get what you’re saying and yes, one would think there were basic security measures in place and that the SOS would have highly competent IT staff. HOWEVER, it is not as impossible as you propose to hack into a system, especially for a state actor. They have a litany of tools at their disposal. It’s an insurmountable task for a non-state actor either. In fact one of my son’s friends is a highly paid cyber security specialists. He gets paid very well by huge corporations to penetrate their systems and help them find vulnerabilities.

Beyond that, Hillary’s IT people worked for the government. I seriously doubt they had the skills needed for her cyber security. There are highly sophisticated cyber experts within the military and our IC, however outside of those agencies not as much.

• Curt says:

I’ve never believed that anyone hacked into anything, whether Clinton had a personal server or not. It is much more likely it was an inside job done using a common thumb drive.
            However, the DNC did have a server, didn’t they, that they reported to have been hacked? Is this not the one that was examined by Crowdstrike? Again, an inside job by someone upset about Bernie getting screwed.

• Somebody says:

I totally believe Clinton had a server. A) to avoid FOIA and B) to assist in pay to play. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if her server was intentionally left open and vulnerable or passwords given out to the highest bidder. It would be a pretty good way to pass along classified information, beats 2am meetings in the park.

It is speculated that China found out via her server what assets we had in China. Most of those assets were killed or imprisoned. Clinton requested the names of in country assets quite often when she was visiting countries. It would be interesting to take a look at a side by side of requests and donations to the CF.

• icehole3 says:

What IF she wanted countries to have access and relased those passwords to certain countries?

• jx says:

> It’s hard – damned near impossible, really – to “break in” to a computer system from the outside without great inside assistance.

That is an astounding statement from someone who claims to be an IT professional.

• jx says:

Network equipment can be breached. Here is a list from a large vendor:

Software flaws can be discovered and exploited. Here is a list:

• TPW says:

They are right …..SOS Clinton had government server….Candidate Clinton used DNC computer nothing to do with government server as the DNC is in private sector. reread your above post referencing Government server hacked by Russians……

• paulmafinga says:

It was “Richard Windsor” and the EPA on steroids. Pay-for-play with no pesky realtime scanning of the email content.

• Justin Green says:

I think this is backwards. “Muh Russia” was invented to cover all this up, not the other way around.

• The Akh says:

Clinton had a private server. It existed. Judicial watch founf out about it during the Benghazi hearings. It’s existence hasn’t been in question since.

I’m also confused by your comments. It seems you are conflating Hillary’s private server when she was Sec of State with the DNC emails. You talk about bleach bit, then reference Russia and spying.

In any case, there were post on reddit in 2014 by a user going by Stonetear. Stonetear was inquiring about stripping email addresses from email chains.
        Stonetear is Paul Combetta, a computer specialist with Platte River Networks who worked with Clinton’s staff during her time as secretary of state.

There is much more independent evidence to show Clinton had a private server.

• testpointwp says:

While your theory first struck me as tin-foil-hat territory, the more you look at it the more plausible it becomes.

Platte River Networks (PRN) claimed responsibility for maintaining Hillary’s servers (plural). If the servers were real, PRN had to know that much of the information on them was classified and PRN could be involved in felony indictments. Only the most naive would be unaware of Clinton’s history of throwing the little guy under the bus. Any smart business would have terminated the account immediately. The income would be negligible compared to the risk.

Paul Combetta was the tech guy who first denied any knowledge of a subpoena to preserve the data in an FBI interview Feb 18, 2016. And why would he care, if the server never actually existed? He changed his story on May 3, 2016 after getting an immunity deal. May, 2016 would be the time when the FBI/CIA was cooking the Russia story and it would be to their benefit to not have access to the data.

What did PRN know and when did they know it? We’ll never know.

• Deb says:

The person who was hired to set up and run the server testified in front of Congress. He was caught asking online forums how to destroy emails for an important client. Even if you don’t think this is what actually happened, the evidence that it did happen is in the public domain, and it is a crime. But everyone in Clinton world was handed immunity.

This was all documented in real time by Sundance and other sites during the 2016 election.

• CM-TX says:

It came out that the server was shipped to some tech co for professional wiping. But Platte River prior to, uploaded the entire server onto a laptop– as instructed, & before switching to a new server.

There were several lies told on where the laptop supposedly went. The truth eventually did come out. The device was shipped to NY HQ, & later confirmed as delivered. It was NOT “lost in mail” (per one version given on the whereabouts). IDR if it was the Foundation, or the Campaign HQ.

From that point, No one ever took credit for taking possession of the laptop. But I have an idea… & it’d have a LOT of emails on it.

However since that time, If I were to guess: Some minion… with a 🔨… in the Hudson.😏

• nimrodman says:

More specifically – if I recall correctly – he was asking online forums how to batch process the removal of a single email identity from all the To: From: Cc: BCc: entries in an entire email database.

I won’t look it up but that’s my recollection.

And to my minimal understanding of email, that would be a lot more complex than simply the identity no longer appearing as an email is viewed (say, in an Inbox). There’s all sorts of routing code underneath emails as they’re transmitted across networks from server to server. Whatever kludge is applied, it’s got to remove all that spaghetti as well.

• dawg says:

I think you are confusing Hillarys email server with the DNCs server. The story isn’t that Russia hacked Hillarys server, its that they hacked the DNC.

“…..and in this case there would be absolutely no reason for doing it except to facilitate “the Russians™ stole it.”

There absolutely was reason for Hillary to have a private server, so that she could discuss all that money she was taking in to the Clinton Foundation from the rest of the world without the US government having access to the emails.

• … and the United States Government somehow would not damn well also know what was taking place on such a server, and would not know that it existed? Dude, there are thousands of people in the Government for whom that sort of thing is their bread-and-butter, and they’re very, very good at it.

Furthermore, that’s an absolutely silly place to put any such server. Having “a private server,” at all, is equally silly. Probably the very last thing that any sentient I.T. person would do, or advise Mrs. Clinton to do. If you want to hide your trail, as no doubt these people would wish to do, then there are lots of plausible ways to do that. Putting a physical server in your bathroom is not one of them.

What it is, however, is “a very easily digestible story.” Not too likely to be scrutinized.

And I’m perfectly aware that I’m stepping out on a great big limb, apparently all by myself (actually, not at all …) in stating these opinions.

• dawg says:

You are saying there was no reason for her to have a private server because people would still have been able to get into it if they wanted. That doesnt mean she didnt still have one. Its a known fact that she had one.

Separately, nobody around here believes that Russia hacked the DNC server. Thats an entirely separate issue.

• Arrest Soros says:

There are perfectly legitimate reasons to put a server in an unused bathroom.
            # Less dusty environment compared to rooms with carpets, curtains and human traffic.
            # A cooler environment

You say this is your area of expertise? Experts are a dime a dozen.

• Perot Conservative says:

Who ever asserted Hillary was competent?

Colin Powell wrote she screws up everything she touches.

• Dutchman says:

M.R.
        Seems to me, like many you are conflating 2 DIFFERENT story lines.
        The post above yours is talking about HILLARY’s ‘bathroom’server; THATS where the,bleachbit was used, on the 30,000 emails.
        The DNC and DCCC emails of Podesta, etc. was a whole different matter.

I think a lot experience this confusion/ conflation.

• TarsTarkas says:

I think you’re conflating the DNC server and Her Odiousness’ bathroom server. Besides, do you really think HRC has ever worried about being held responsible for any crimes? (Until now, that is). There are many stories about the bathroom server, its existence, how it was set up, transported, etc, a quick internet search will find plenty of them. HRC’s e.mails never went through State Department computers which is why they were unable to produce them for the Benghazi investigation.

• snarkybeach says:

Hillary’s IT guy was caught on Reddit asking for help on how to permanently delete emails.

• CM-TX says:

There was an email chain discussing it on Wikileaks… “We got to delete all those emails.” This was only days after the letter to preserve. 🤫

• CM-TX says:

Sorry, Typo… Trying again:

8. Devil in the Blue Drapes says:

Did anyone watch the nomination hearing before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee of US/Canada Amb Kelly Craft (Mitch McConnell plant)?

Good lord this woman is a mess. She was whipped around like a rag doll by the dems.

Her “focus” will be on climate change! climate change! climate change!, global protection for woman and children, particularly “family planning options” (abortion). YET, due to her family billion dollar coal conglomerate, “she assured Sen Market and other dems, “she would recuse herself from any “fossil fuel issues” relating to climate change”. Huh????

Another thing that struck a chord….when asked by Ron Johnson her opinion of the USMCA….she thought it was a good plan, BUT, :she also had discussions with the President and Lighthizer about Canada’s dairy farmers “concerns” about US entry into their market, and how we have to “understand” how this is a sensitive political topic for Canada”.

Le grande touche finale….Tim Kaine (D-Va) whipped out a “conclusive investigative report” just released yesterday by the UN, that concluded MBS was personally responsible for the murder of Khashoggi, and should be held accountable. Lindsey Graham followed up with “our relationship just changed with MBS…you just lost me”.

Craft assured the committee “she would PERSONALLY see to it that whoever was responsible would be held to account”. She might want to “consult” with Pompeo and DJT before committing to final resolutions on that matter.

Whatever one thinks about Nikki Haley’s political aspirations, she was a great UN Amb. Kelly Craft is a disaster. I recall her first cringe-inducing televised interview as US/Canada Amb. Of all the noteworthy issues TBD (negotiations of NAFTA/USMCA), the only memorable takeaway was “she didn’t realize how much it snowed in Canada and she would surely get used to the cold”.

Kelly Craft was less of a threat tucked away in Ottawa. At the UN she’s simply is a blonde haired Samantha Power, only dumber. I suspect this was a closed door deal between Mitch and ????

• Niagara Frontier says:

When it comes to staffing the administration with true believers in the President and in his agenda, there does seem to be an appalling dearth of talent from which he can choose.

I wish we had a much bigger bullpen.

• Devil in the Blue Drapes says:

I don’t accept a lack of talent from which to draw. I detest the bullpen is chock full of revolving establishment rot.

President Trump has accomplished so much within an adversarial environment. Just imagine if the administrative herd were culled.

• snarkybeach says:

there were reports of permanent bureaucrats dumping MAGA resumes into the trash, while pushing forward ones of their friends.

• cheering4america says:

Perhaps you should send your concerns to the WH; President Trump pulled DOD nominee, he could pull this one, and before it is too late.

• Devil in the Blue Drapes says:

President Trump didn’t “pull” DOD Shanahan. Shanahan tendered his declination letter (to save the President from having to ask), due to his prior domestic/divorce issues.

9. Ilcon says:

10. Pokey says:

Looks like Barack Obama’s friends in Iran are attempting to force PDJT to retaliate militarily for a series of unprovoked attacks on US interests and military property. Obama and Kerry believe they are putting PDJT into a losing political situation and are helping the Democrap Party for 2020. I believe that if this were ever investigated my the NSA and CIA, the ultimate proof of Obama’s treasonous behavior would be made clear for all to see. Fat chance it will happen and even slimmer chance that many folks would see it anyway. PDJT will probably end up resorting to a big military response. My opinion is we have never seen this level of anti-American behavior from American citizens before. This is fubar.

• Publius2016 says:

interesting point…there are specific responses to aggression in the “military playbook”…it is possible, Iran has 44 and before strategies…will be interesting to see how 45 proceeds especially with G-20 next week?

• HonorDefendBuckeye says:

Wonder if Xi has a part in this, as a component of trying to push back against PDJT. In the past, the military response would have been the only thought (Bushie/Deep State angling for gains of one sort or another – power, politics, money, etc.).

Maybe calculate the cost of a drone, and seize that back from Iran in some fashion, with a hefty multiple as a “fine.” Amp up the pressure – does not have to be military.

No American died in this incident. Deliver a subtext communication to Iran (and others) in some fashion that makes it uncertain in their minds just what might happen if they escalate further. In the meantime, power up the economics.

Xi will be there at the G20 trying to find leverage – as wondered, is this part of the game??

• Rynn69 says:

Instead of military reaction – PDJT will double-down on economic sanctions and crushing them financially. Obama, Kerry, Jarrett, Soros, China, and Iran have been exposed already with their shadow activities.

• I’m quite sure that Trump’s military commanders have numerous scenarios all worked out, but really I think that Iran’s leadership is doing their work for them. Economic pressure is obviously working, and their leaders are abandoning the stories that underpinned their “nuclear deal.” Maybe the rest of Europe will also begin to figure this out.

“Look – these people are NOT pursuing ‘a peaceful civilian nuclear power generation program,’ and they never were.” Neville Chamberlain eventually figured it out, much too late, when presented with the same strategy: “appeasement.”

• listingstarboard says:

I am sure Miss Lindsay from SC would love to see military action as well.

• MAGADJT says:

Hopefully he will get the SA, UAE, Qatar to step in and do something to help out without having to use our military.

• Nick the Deplorable says:

• convert says:

True. It’s so obvious how the Iran thing is obvious provocation, like the Roger Stone raid. The country is lucky it’s traitors are so dumb and it’s leader do smart. 😇

• cheering4america says:

“we have never seen this level of anti-American behavior from American citizens before”

Just a nitpick: Technically, the O’Zero is still an Indonesian citizen, having never changed it according to the State Department in 2008.

Agree with your comment.

• Dixie says:

Kerry and obama obviously have “no fear” that anybody will ever confront them.

11. SHV says:

PDJT/Xi G-20 perspective from Singapore Newspaper; pretty much the “trade”/national security relationship that SD has been writing about for several(?) years. (and ignored by US talking head “experts”.)

• Ilcon says:

I read that the other day. Interesting stuff.

• Tl Howard says:

That’s a great article, good investigative reporting from a prog mag.

• I read that! I wonder why it is resurfacing again!

• The one man hunt and may be he (Gibson) will find the truth one day!
      the last paragraph says it all!
      “The important answers probably don’t lie in the ocean but on land, in Malaysia. That should be the focus moving forward. Unless they are as incompetent as the air force and air traffic control, the Malaysian police know more than they have dared to say. The riddle may not be deep. That is the frustration here. The answers may well lie close at hand, but they are more difficult to retrieve than any black box. If Blaine Gibson wants a real adventure, he might spend a year poking around Kuala Lumpur.”

12. mostlyogauge says:

Interesting article on the Mises site (mises.org):
    **https://mises.org/wire/mexican-bmw-factory-shows-us-benefits-free-trade

Two asterisks are in front of the url so no additional space is taken up. Any experts on Mexican trade agreements in the house? I read articles on the Mises site and most make a lot of sense. But this article does not.

To me, the author is missing the point of the tariffs being imposed by President Trump. Because the US has been taken advantage of in international trade for so many years, President Trump is trying to level the playing field; he wants free trade for everyone and all countries. The author just seems to be missing the point.

If a country has imposed tariffs on US products imported to that country, but the US doesn’t have any tariffs on products coming into the US from that country, that is not right. President Trump will impose tariffs until there is free trad with that country. President Trump is not trying to force manufacturing back into this country with the use of tariffs. He wants fair and free trade, in both directions. If the manufacturing comes back into the US, then that is wonderful. We need to increase the manufacturing base in the US. Just my take. Any thoughts?

• waltherppk says:

Free Trade is the financial engine for a global plantation manned by wage slaves.

Free Trade is simply outsourcing slave labor.

Fair Trade levels the playing field for widget manufacturers who are NOT slaves.

Fair Trade discourages exploitation of slave labor to make the same widget cheaper in some slave labor sweatshop in a distant land. Free Trade creates a scenario where the ultimate widget buyer gets a bargain by way of exploitation of some unfortunate worker in another land. Free Trade is complicit in creating sweat shops and slave labor by making such schemes profitable. The god of free trade is the bottom line and who cares what happens to human beings because of it.

Fair Trade is the more ethical practice and concept.

13. k4jjj says:

Iran’s attack on the spy drone is not exactly an “unprovoked attack.” I do not agree Trump is so foolish as to step into the trap set by Obama and John Kerry in traitorous collusion with Iran. The economic squeeze on Iran is working well.

What should happen is not war but revocation of the passports of Barack Obama and John Kerry. They are both private citizens with no official credentials to meet with foreign government representatives. They won’t try to coordinate with Iran by telephone or Internet, easily monitored by the NSA. Keep the dirty tricksters of Obama’s shadow government from leaving the USA to stop this treasonous conspiracy.

• annieoakley says:

Agree.

• 7delta says:

I don’t know about Kerry, but Barry, the International Man of Absolute Mystery (IMAM), probably has a selection of passports stuffed in his sock drawer…Britain, Kenya, Indonesia…perhaps Pakistan, Qatar, Iran…maybe Russia too. “Tell Vlad I’ll have more flexibility after the election…and please express our gratitude for the passports…just in case, ya know. Vlad da man!” /s

• palafox says:

Or “International Man in American Mask.”

• steph_gray says:

Interesting idea, but unless the Obammunist has acquired Arya Stark’s face-changing abilities, I can’t imagine that internationally-know big-eared visage to manage travelling anywhere on a fake passport.

• 7delta says:

Good point, but with the help of his international “buds”, I’m sure he’d travel privately, from covert locations, dressed like a Matryoshka doll, with a passport to match. Mike could dress as her elderly husband. Or a burka. Been done before. Besides, is it a fake passport if he’s a citizen or subject of the country to which he holds a passport?  If Vlad had a proper one issued, is it fake? After he clears U.S. jurisdiction, he wouldn’t need a fake one or maybe the U.S, one is the fake. So many questions…so many ways… I wonder sometimes about how devious I can think, but never underestimate how devious they are.  :>)

• Vlad never liked him! He thought obama was an idiot! Which he is!

• Inspector 71 says:

Do you really think these 2 dumbasses are going to outsmart VSGPDJT? I think not!

14. Zippy says:

Senate Republicans are now weaker on the border than Obama was in 2014

“After refusing to make Democrats take a single tough vote for an entire year of this immigration crisis, after refusing to push legislation changing a single policy or pushing back against the courts that impelled this crisis, Mitch McConnell and Senate Republicans are finally taking action. However, the action they are taking consists entirely of more humanitarian funding for the illegal aliens empowering cartels and smugglers, to the detriment of Americans. No changes to asylum, Flores, sanctuary cities, or judicial jurisdiction over immigration – the catalysts for this crisis – just funding for more diapers and formula.”

Fewer than 10% of ‘unaccompanied’ teens sponsored by legal immigrants

“President Trump promised to end chain migration, which is the process through which legal immigrants bring in other relatives, instead of a merit-based system that benefits America as a whole. Not only has that problem not been rectified, but we now have a growing trend of illegal immigrant chain migration, whereby the American people pay for the rope to hang ourselves by allowing illegal aliens to break into the country, pay smugglers and cartels billions of dollars to smuggle in their teenage children or relatives from Central America, and have our government reunite them at our expense without deporting them, thus empowering the cartels to unleash upon us more drugs and crime.”

HHS reprogramming department funding to facilitate resettling ‘unaccompanied’ Central American teens

“What if I told you that our government is unintentionally completing a criminal conspiracy to deliver Central American teens from cartels and smugglers to other illegal aliens, resettling them on our dime, and sending them to our schools, all the while enriching some of the most evil organizations and nourishing the growth of MS-13 and drug traffickers?”

• Zippy says:

WHY the above is true:

Tucker: The truth about the Koch brothers and GOP

• Zippy says:

About the tweet below, it’s called PROJECTION:

Why don’t we have 100% E-Verify? That can be done through rule changes at the Department of Labor.

Why hasn’t Treasury, which Trump controls as part of the Executive, ordered 100% verification of citizenship and records retention under Anti-Money Laundering law (AML) for all persons transmitting funds across borders — thereby instantly shutting off “remittances” and thus the ability of “coyotes” to get paid. In other words, an immediate and full shutdown of the human trafficking on our Southern Border without impacting one single person who lawfully sends money they earned and paid taxes on to others.

Why hasn’t the Social Security Administration, which knows who is using stolen credentials (it’s trivial since you’re definitely not working in a field in California and in Iowa at the same time) directed ICE to raid these employers and pick up and deport all of the illegals? Remember a girl in Iowa who is dead because they did not do exactly that; the suspect was illegally employed at a major GOP operative’s farm in the area. There are myriad others who have been victimized by these invaders, including those robbed, raped and murdered. ICE, GIVEN ADEQUATE MANNING based upon a POTUS-declared national emergency, could have picked up and gotten rid of nearly all of them over the last 2-1/2 years. They have not.

• soozword says:

Great questions, Zippy.

• Mark McQueen says:

Libtards always manage to leave out the very important word ILLEGAL when discussing immigrants.

• TPW says:

Not to mention preventing them from using welfare system………as well as reaping thousands per filer for child tax credits and earned income tax credits that they cheat to get. What really ticks me off is the….bring them out of the shadows and allow them to work legally and pay taxes……only they will never pay a dime but get all federal tax back plus several thousand with earned income tax credit.

15. Nick the Deplorable says:

16. linda4298 says:

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
    11m11 minutes ago
    Iran made a very big mistake!

17. rustybritches says:

It also looks like China has doubled down on making sure that NK is out of PT hands for good
    Some thought that he might asked NK to give up their nukes for a deal to happen with the USA but I don’t think that will happen It said on the news this morning that China and NK feel Jilted by PT and they are going to stand together against the USA and Canada is coming this morning more to talk about PT lifting the Tariffs on lumber and Alum and yes to some degree the USMCA but didn’t Mitch McConnell the traitor that he is, say that the tariffs had to be done away with before that deal could be finalized in the house and senate If they want to tear the deal apart now PT might just tell Canada to go pound sand and be done with it.. Mexico already signed theirs and said yesterday they were grateful for having it
    I guess that after all the Rats continue to do to make the President look bad I cant Imagine why he would want to do anything to help them in this next election but knowing him He will

18. SHV says:

My latest “armyworm” update. :>) It is projected to hit corn growing area of Northern China next month. Along with African Swine flu impacting pork production, if Chinese Corn crop is seriously affected, Xi may lose what little leverage he has with threats against US ag. imports.

“Fall armyworm invades crops across Asia, smallholders worst hit”

19. youme says:

The #USNavy moved an MQ-4C to Al Dhafra Airbase in the UAE on June 15th, 2019.

• youme says:

Thanks to @Aviation_Intel for clearing this up. 166510 is actually a BAMS-D demonstrator, an RQ-4A airframe used for testing and development of the MQ-4C.

• youme says:

• youme says:

20. OhNoYouDont says:

The justices were split in their rulings, with Justices Samuel Alito, Stephen Breyer, Elena Kagan and Brett Kavanaugh, along with Chief Justice John Roberts, signing on to one majority opinion, and Justices Alito, Roberts, Breyer and Kavanaugh signing on to another in respect to another aspect of the case.

Justices Neil Gorsuch and Clarence Thomas signed onto a concurring opinion.

Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Sonia Sotomayor dissented.

• Trumpstumper says:

Did RBG dissent from her casket, or from Hades?

• These are “activist Justices,” determined to interject their own interpretations into other peoples’ business – namely saying that someone erected a Christian cross on a war memorial for some under-handed purpose. Fact is, there are tens of thousands of tombstones in National Cemeteries that have a Star of David. I’ve even seen a few with a half-moon and a star. These are all things that are commonly done, and the Court system should butt out.

The Constitution protected religious freedom, and in so doing never suggested that somehow the actions of Government should be “religion-free.” The underlying society, quite plainly, is not: indeed, it is a melting-pot.

21. If we do respond to the drone shoot down (which I think we will within the next 24 hours), it will be proportional or a few ticks more potent, but an Iraq redux using ground troops and a prolonged engagement isn’t in the cards, so – even if this is an attempt to draw us into a conflict which democrats can exploit – I don’t think it will work out as they hope.

22. SHV says:

I wonder how much this:
    “North Korea drought: South Korea to send 50,000 tonnes of rice”

“Last month, a UN report said up to 10 million North Koreans were “in urgent need of food assistance…..The UN report found North Koreans had been surviving on just 300g (10.5 oz) of food a day so far this year.” This scarcity of food has been attributed to North Korea’s worst drought in 37 years, which has resulted in poor harvests and crop damage across the country.”

influenced this…. SD’s “There It is – Chairman Xi Jinping Announces Magnanimous Panda: DPRK Hostage Release is “Correct Direction”…

23. dawg says:

Indulge me for a moment here people.

“A bit dog barks.” – Rep. Doug Collins, in the clip sundance posted yesterday from a few weeks ago, talking about Comey, Brennan, Clapper, etc…..all chirping and saying things publicly.

This slow release of info, by whatever means its coming out, is driving them crazy. They are going to keep talking and as more things start to point to them they will more vocally and directly attach each other.

Then just as its reaching a crescendo, we nail them. How do we nail them?

Indict McCabe. Thats been hanging out there for a while now, just hanging there for Barr to reach out and just grab. The evidence is there, the IG conclusion, etc… Easy-peasy. And what did McCabe say? “If I go down, Im taking everyone with me.” or something to that effect. And what did President Trump say? “McCabe didnt go to the bathroom without asking Comey.”

McCabe would throw Comey under the bus with the quickness.

So then we have two possibilities. Comey talks, or he doesnt. If he talks, great, he gives up the goods on Brennan, Clapper, etc….. But even if he doesnt, stop and think about that for a minute. Close your eyes and envision James Comey, former director of the FBI, in handcuffs, ACTUALLY BEING LED TO PRISON.

Read this about J. Edgar Hoover from wikipedia-

“Later in life and after his death, Hoover became a controversial figure as evidence of his secretive abuses of power began to surface. He was found to have exceeded the jurisdiction of the FBI,[2] and to have used the FBI to harass political dissenters and activists, to amass secret files on political leaders,[3] and to collect evidence using illegal methods.[4] Hoover consequently amassed a great deal of power and was in a position to intimidate and threaten others, even sitting presidents of the United States.”

Comey was just continuing the legacy and tradition of the FBI. I think that meeting he had with President Trump to inform him of the dossier in Jan. 17 had a bigger motive than what has been talked about it. It was more than just to give the press a hook to report on the dossier.

IT WAS BLACKMAIL. Plain and simple, textbook, quintessential blackmail. At least, it was an attempt at blackmail. Fortunately, President Trump is a BOSS with a titanium spine and tungsten cojones who just doesnt give a damn.

Im more inclined to think that the FBI, in particular, is more a part of our problems than we ever thought. AT LEAST 50% of what the FBI does on a day-to-day basis is to cover up crimes of their allies and attack their political opponents. Think of all the mass shooters and terrorists who were “known” to the FBI before they attacked. Why weren’t they stopped? Because thats not the FBI’s primary purpose. Since its inception, its motus operandi was to get dirt on politicians through unauthorized surveillance, and use it to blackmail, extort, attack and cover-up what they needed to.

Somebody has GOT to go down for all this. Not everybody, but somebody. If one major player goes down, it will forever be in the minds of potential future conspirators. (“I dont know man, dont you remember Comey? He was the director of the FBI and he went to JAIL.” )

Lets be real, there is no way Obama or Hillary are going to get in any kind of legal trouble for any of this. The best we can hope for is as much truth can come out as possible and their legacy is destroyed and they are forever known as criminal by anyone who isn’t willfully blind. Hillary dies a slow and painful death in a drunken stupor. Obama bums around making speeches sounding all self-righteous, largely ineffective and as time goes by, people realize he was a just hack and crook at best, and a criminal at worst.

But someone has to go down and I think that someone is Comey. Comey at the very least. And if he did, it would go a long way towards renewing the faith in the system, the FBI and deterring future sedition, treason, conspiracy, etc…..

I think Comey is also the one guy that both sides could get on board with prosecuting. If Democrats thought that if they sacrificed Comey, Barr would stop there, they would do it. (Not to say that Barr WOULD stop there, but its OK to make the Ds think he would.) They were at one time blaming Comey for Hillary’s loss. They could fall back on that as a reason to give to their crazy base in order to support his prosecution.

So this is what we do. To steal a quote from McCabe, (without the F word) “First we nail McCabe, then we nail Comey.”

I seriously think the FBI must be completely dismantled. Its been a political weapon since its inception and is possibly the most corrupt part of our DOJ. In this case it was simply exploited by hyper-partisan Brennan. After Comey is arrested and the FBI is completely cleansed, we will go from there. But I think Comey has got to go down. And I think we start by simply indicting McCabe.

• lotbusyexec says:

Dawg gone good reply!

• Instead, I predict that we will see multiple indictments being handed down at once. All at once. The moment you play your hand, and necessarily lay your cards down on the table, the defense lawyers are now fully-informed. The higher up the food-chain you go, the stronger these lawyers get, and we’re talking about “department chiefs” in almost all cases.

It’s far better to indict Comey, McCabe, and the many others simultaneously. Show that multiple Grand Juries reached similar conclusions independently, and that they did so based entirely on the [classified] evidence presented, not what was happening in the public realm.

If you just nail the low-hanging fruit and he “rats” on his boss, well, of course that’s what anyone would do, and you simply argue that were it not for this minion’s save-my-skin betrayal, Your Client would be as innocent as the new-fallen snow. Whereas, if Your Client has been separately and simultaneously indicted by a Grand Jury that didn’t know about the first one, the cases are much stronger.

Will he try to go “all the way to the top?” I doubt it. He doesn’t need to. Politics will create that fire-storm. In any case, that can be a second round.

We shall see.

• TPW says:

So you are OK with a 2 tiered Justice system? If you just stand back and say…..thats just the way it is……..”they” will certainly show us the way it’s going to be and it aint going to be pretty.

• KnowSERENoFear says:

FBI: domestic cleanup arm of federal government and unconstitutional.
      DOJ: legal cleanup arm of federal government and unconstitutional.
      CIA: international cleanup arm of federal government and unconstitutional.

ALL must be completely dismantled as ALL are incompatible with a Constitutional Republic.

• Dutchman says:

I would say the difference is Hoover primarily used his blackmail material to protect/preserve his ‘baby’, i.e. the FBI.
      He understood the potential for political abuse by using the FBI, and the desire to retire him, SO THAT the politicians could get control of the FBI.

Secondarily, he used the power to influence events based on his world view, largely anti-conmunist.

Those who came after, Mueller and his protoge Comey proved Hoovers fears to be entirely valid, as they politicised the organisation.

• azgulch says:

Except for the fact the Hoover and LBJ were next door neighbors in 1962-3. What happened around November 1963? I think that was political.

• Dutchman says:

Yeah, Hoover was no angel, for sure. Just sayin he percieved the political operative class REALLY wanted to get him out, so they could MISUSE what he had created, for their own ends.
          He used blackmail in large part, to KEEP them from pushing him out, so he could misuse it, for HIS ends.

• fanbeav says:

Remember when Trump tweeted that Comey had better hope our conversation was not recorded. I too believe he threatened him and wanted him to resign or they would proceed with their witch hunt!

• I like Dawg’s commentary and Mike R’s reply below. Would like to see Clapper and Brennan indicted (even if just for lying!) at the same time as McCabe and Comey – all by different Grand Juries. Make my day! MAGA

• TPW says:

So who would it deter if Comey went down? Certainly not the Globalist and their top puppets Obama and Hillary who would continue their quest to bring our country down. The Illegal gathering of information, blackmailing would just escalate as they control the next administration. PT would be on their hit list as soon as he is out of office. They must be prosecuted and all their dirty deeds aired along with taking down the IC to the foundation. We must never go along with any other half measure.

24. Ilcon says:

From a mohammedan.

• Zorro says:

Yes, The Demosocialist Party must pay reparations for it’s history of supporting slavery and Jim Crow. Also it’s despicable race baiting tactics in the current day creating yet another false narrative (the DParty has is nothing but false narratives and hoaxes) of millions of people being racists.

• auscitizenmom says:

This trash believes in slavery. She believes in sharia law. She is a muslim.

• cjzak says:

When are her people going to atone and make reparations for the millions they brutally murdered all over the world? Go away Tlaib with your mandates America needs to pay reparations we already paid for in hundreds of thousands of lost lives in the Civil War.

• booger71 says:

Let the moeslems pay the reparations they were the slave traders

• Matthew LeBlanc says:

Her ancestors supplied the slaves to the slave traders. I feel no guilt and never will.

• Beau Geste says:

Wasn’t it the muslims who created african slavery, sold slaves to the portuguese, who sold them to north, central and south america?
      Maybe the mideast muslim countries should pay all “reparations”?

• Rhoda R says:

African slavery has been around a lot longer than islam. But islamic slave traders had no problem selling people like chattel. Or cattle.

• Debra says:

Guys, the reparations she does want is for the loss of business of the Muslim slave traders, since in modern times, that business goes to the cartel coyotes . . .

• hillariousclinton says:

Atone? I think the loss of 620,000 lives to end slavery has more than paid the debt of her so call “sin”…. What a loser and disgrace to this nation…

• Amy2 says:

Agreed. How about some gratitude to the folks who fought for the Union? Those families didn’t get any reparation for the loved ones they lost.

• thedoc00 says:

She needs to start with an apology from her Islamic Fore-Fathers as it was they who brokered allot of the sales of African Slaves, offered by other members of Islam and African Merchants to the evil slave owners.

• Lulu says:

muslims till practice slavery worldwide but particularly in Africa.

• 7delta says:

Historical Fact: Of the approximately 3300 lynchings by Democrats and their Klan enforcement arm, that took place from 1860 to 1960, over 1/3 were white…Republicans…who publicly supported freedom and equal rights for slaves/freemen.

While we’re demanding retroactive restitution, all Republicans should demand reparations from Democrats for all the murders committed and the generational life-changing hardships placed on the victims’ families and descendants, as well the emotional trauma and quelling of all Republicans rights, black and white, through violence, fear and intimidation.

Not much has changed…same silencing agenda. They’ve just upgraded their tools and technical support from ropes and the bed sheet Klan to keyboards and the giant tech Klan.

I’m sure Tlaib is proud as punch. Supporting the political use of deceit, violence, fear and intimidation is right down her ideological alley.

• InAz says:

Typical Communist and Islamists…… Projection.
      Would be nice if someone would challenge these Islamist so called politicians about Moslem slavery.

They are desperately trying to get the Black vote

25. WeThePeople2016 says:

26. sunnyflower5 says:

27. sunnyflower5 says:

28. sunnyflower5 says:

29. youme says:

And what about American children?

Agency says it needs $2.88 billion to care for immigrant children

OKLAHOMA CITY — Even as it prepares to move hundreds of immigrant children to Oklahoma, the cash-strapped federal agency tasked with caring for them said Tuesday it has been forced to scale back or cut the education, legal and recreation programs it offers the youth.

The “humanitarian crisis at the border brought on by a broken immigration system” is putting a tremendous strain on the Office of Refugee Resettlement and its unaccompanied minor program, said spokeswoman Evelyn Stauffer in an email. The agency has eliminated programs not necessary for the protection of life and safety.

Stauffer said the Department of Health and Human Services needs $2.88 billion in emergency funding from Congress so it can adequately care for thousands of unaccompanied minors who have arrived at the border without a parent or guardian.

“Additional resources are urgently required to meet the humanitarian needs created by this influx — to both sustain critical child welfare and release operations and increase capacity,” she said.

As many as 1,400 unaccompanied immigrant children are expected to arrive in Oklahoma. They’ll live temporarily in an emergency shelter at Fort Sill, the Army base in Lawton. Officials said Tuesday they had not yet determined an arrival date for the youth.

• TMonroe says:

If it’s unsustainable, how about Francis and resettlement agencies as well as Hollywood and a Silicon Valley be given a special assessment to cover the cost, especially as they cast it as a rights issue and a moral issue?

• Debra says:

So, this is why these places are concentration camps, AOC? Because kids are not being provided education, legal, and recreational services? What were they being provided in their native countries? Can we poll them and see whether their standard of living (shelter, food, clothing) has been ELEVATED from whence they came? And, if no, then shouldn’t they all want to return to a better way of life FOR THEM?

• CM-TX says:

Send these kids back to their country! NOW! Let that country’s LE sort it out with their parents/guardians whether they were sent by, runaways, or abducted. They are not old enough to decide their fate.

Think if your child ended up in another country somehow…
      Would you EXPECT to have them RETURNED to you, a/o US Gov authorities ASAP?
      Or want the foreign Gov to HOLD THEM AS HOSTAGES, essentially KIDNAPPING your child in a strange country??

THIS is common sense, with an OBVIOUS solution!! This should NEVER have been exploited by policies that bypass the only moral & legal thing to do! Our country is being run by CRIMINAL MORONS!

30. sunnyflower5 says:

She acts as if Obama’s Netflix paid her $10 million to be Obama’s mouthpiece. https://twitter.com/dbongino/status/1141701777752055808?s=20

• sunnyflower5 says:

• cheering4america says:

This girl was/is a nothing who got elected with 8,000 votes in an anomaly out of a 14,000 vote district, an idiot with no life experience or knowledge of history, the Constitution, or the US.

It amazes me that I keep seeing her quotes pop up, she is speaking everywhere as if she is a SOMEONE who has actually done SOMETHING or knows SOMETHING. She is not worth re-quoting but for the comedy factor. I have to wonder if they are trying to “groom” her in the same way they did our recent Empty Suit, and further, I just cannot imagine that it could work again to that extent.

• Jenevive says:

Has anyone ever read the book “Farewell To Manzanar” while
          not a concentration camp (like the germans had) we did have
          internment camps for the Japanese in WWII. We don;t learn that
          fact in history class, but one can read the book to see what it
          was like living in one. So while we weren;t gassing people, and doing
          the awful things to them.. like the Germans did.. we can;t exactly hold
          our head high and act like we are totally pure and innocent of such
          things either.

But to her point we are not keeping the immigrants in any kind of CAMPS
          but still I have never forgotten reading that book and learning that fact
          that fact that I was never taught in school.

• Bendix says:

I was taught that fact in school.
            I hold my head high, because I never put anyone in any camp nor condoned it.
            What the government did at the time was wrong.
            However, it was wartime, we were attacked, and there WERE Japanese-Americans passing along information to the enemy. That does not excuse the wrong that was done, but that’s IN THE PAST.
            Absolutely no connection to the situation today. We are not taking away the rights of citizens by interning them.
            We are putting up foreign nationals who have FREELY CHOSEN to break our laws, as we hear their individual cases.
            As far as I know, they are free to leave and go back home at any time.

This is a false analogy.

• KnowSERENoFear says:

Yes – an unconstitutional act via an unconstitutional order:

“Japanese internment camps were established during World War II by President Franklin Roosevelt through his Executive Order 9066.”

Of note: FDR was a Democrat…another example of Democrat oppression…rich that OAC would complain.

• Lulu says:

Of course they teach that in school, and they also harp on it anytime a Japanese celebrity does anything. Boo hoo.

We also killed hundreds of thousands if not millions of German civilians after the war and what we did to the women is unspeakable, and that they really don’t teach that because Germans or Nazis are the only bad guys we’re allowed.

War is terrible but no the Japanese internment camps and keeping illegals in dormitories with cable TV, gymnasiums, etc. is not the equivalent of systematically in-prisoning, starving, working to death, prostituting, and gassing or culling in other ways 9 million people.

• jx says:

To compare that to concentration camps is insulting.

Nobody was starved to death. Nobody was worked to death. Nobody was gassed. Nobody was incinerated. There were no piles of dead bodies. People were not crammed into box cars. People were not housed as in a rabbit hutch.

• Deb says:

I’m 38 and I was taught about the Japanese internment camps in school. I also remember seeing films about it, and of course books.

This isn’t new information for educated, informed people.

I think FDR was wrong to inter US citizens, but comparing this to Nazi concentration camps is asinine.

This is why Dems ruin cities, they are dumb.

• Bendix says:

I only realized, just the other day, how much of her campaign was inspired by the ‘youngest ever’ Congresswoman, Elise Stefanik’s.
          This had to be deliberate on someone’s part, and not Ms. AoC’s, because she simply did not possess the brainpower to come up with the idea.

What clued me in was being informed of something I did not know about Ms. Stefanik, by someone who has actually met her and spoken with her at length.
          Elise Stefanik wore out, completely, THREE pairs of sneakers during her campaign.
          That’s impressive.
          Then I thought back to the MSM’s story about Alexandria’s ONE pair of fashionable, flimsy flats, and how they were going to be put in some museum or other.
          She/they got these ideas, being the “youngest ever/wore out her shoes campaigning” from Elise Stefanik.

Someone selected this woman, in part for her youth, so she would get the media attention that came with the ‘title’.
          If some 40 year old had done the same thing, we wouldn’t be hearing about it.
          Very similar to the way the MSM selected candidate Barack Obama.

• Debra says:

I have felt that way from the first time I heard of her, that either:

1) She is being groomed by the Dimms; or

2) She is a plant by someone from NY who is very good at ‘playing’ people to arrive at a non-visible end goal.

• CM-TX says:

She won b/c the SJU “R”- Professor, who “ran” against her- DIDN’T campaign. He also admitted to having ZERO online presence… no website, no social-media, etc.

His attitude about it– when pointed out in an interview– essentially, “Oh gee, maybe I should… but then, I really wouldn’t know how to go about doing all that! Oh well.”

This tool made Jeb look Hyper-Active! He basically HANDED the election to Occasional Cortex.

31. Perot Conservative says:

Woooooooo. Is this a new story??? Or old?

32. Zippy says:

The mostly RINO Reps don’t care, they’ll simply morph into whatever is needed to win it back some day, probably after the next mother of all crashes due to our (and the world’s) entirely debt-fueled economic “recovery,” a situation even worse now than it was when candidate Trump CORRECTLY pointed that out during his campaign, worse due to even higher accrued debt and because, this time, the entire WORLD including China is massively debt-laden, China’s HUGE debt-based expenditures being what helped rescue the world last time, but can’t the next time becasue they’ve effectively maxed out their credit card.

• sunnyflower5 says:

That’s exactly why Rep will reclaim The House- Dems have overplayed their Resist and Obstruct. Rep will end Nancy’s House…which existed while Paul Ryan held the seat.

• Ilcon says:

Yawn.

• FPCHmom says:

What a depressing article at the Hill.

It’s like the GOP congress is already throwing in the towel for 2020. And they blame Trump for losing the house in 2018, and consider him to be an albatross in 2020 with suburban women.

But it’s worth reading to be reminded of how out of touch they all are with regular voters – and how much they totally suck!

• CM-TX says:

Yeah, nothing to do with 35 R-incumbents taking a DIVE.🙄

Or see my prior (just above) AOC related post, re. her supposed Republican “competition”. He made Jeb look hyper-active! I highly doubt it was the only Midterm race that played out this way.

And when all other forms of Dems voter-fraud fail to cinch it… there’s ALWAYS Ballot Harvesting!
        RNC should’ve been made to answer for the outcome.

• DJT2020 says:

Doom and Gloom!!! lol as if that is going to work around here. Bottom line is this President Trump has YUGE coattails and he is going to drag down ballot R’s over the finish line in 2020 unlike 2018 when he was not on the ballot.

33. Ilcon says:

He’s referring to Hillary.

• sunnyflower5 says:

Does Hillary have a list of her associates that received immunity?

• CM-TX says:

If they are found to have lied in any testimony, or provided false information to investigators– that “immunity” becomes VOID.

That’s assuming their immunity deals were even valid to begin with…
        But there NEVER was a REAL investigation, nor any intention of it ever leading to Prosecutions for anyone. So there’s a critical aspect of the “in exchange for” that’s blatantly MISSING.

34. youme says:

A former aide to Sen. Maggie Hassan and Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee is headed to prison Wednesday for what prosecutors said was the largest known data theft in Senate history.

The former aide, Jackson Cosko, pleaded guilty in April to crimes related to an unparalleled effort to ransack a Senate office, extorting a Democratic senator, illegally harming Republicans for their political views, and blackmailing a witness.

35. Zippy says:

It wasn’t your CONgress that did this just as it hasn’t been them who have provided probably 85-90%, as Judicial Watch’s Tom Fitton has estimated, of the Spygate materials released so far. Judicial Watch’s lawsuits did.

Up to 1.5 MILLION Inactive Voters to be Removed from California Voter Rolls as part of Judicial Watch settlement

• Luke of the D says:

Why not remove them all and require all citizens to re-register? Honestly, why not do this every year? Voting should not be easy, as easy lends itself directly to fraud. Voting should be complicated, verified and re-verified, and as secure as secure can be. Only citizens of the USA can vote. Vote only in person where you are registered (unless with the military, then you can vote on a military base in person). Required ID when registered ahead of time and when voting. Then checked off the voter roll after you vote with a thumb-print signature and dyed blue fingers to ensure no double-voting. Voting should not be easy.

• steviedawn says:

This is all good, and long overdue, but I’m more concerned about the vote harvesting that’s legal in California. I wonder if there are cases moving up through the courts on that one?

• Bendix says:

I recently saw in the paper that a woman was prosecuted for welfare fraud.
        I have heard for years that people living in NYC or its environs collect welfare in my city as well as other upstate NY cities.
        Frequently they have lived for a period of time in the area, but not always.

What’s interesting is that in a more rural county north of here, with a lot of the population collecting welfare, they hired an inspector just for these cases, and the position more than pays for itself.
        Down here, with much more money flowing out of DSS, the government absolutely refuses to create any oversight,

The particular woman being prosecuted lives in New Jersey.
        In order to establish a fake residency to collect welfare, it is highly likely, if the person drives, that she gave a local address to the DMV. If so, then it follows that it is very likely that she also became registered to vote locally.

Voting by mail enables people like this to vote in two different places, she wouldn’t even have to bother to make the trip up.
        What is more likely is that she didn’t use her vote here, enabling someone to easily vote in her place.
        No wonder they don’t wish to do anything about the welfare fraud, which is born by the taxpayers anyway.

36. youme says:

37. youme says:

38. sunnyflower5 says:

39. Nick the Deplorable says:

40. Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Fox was the only major TV network to carry the president’s 2020 Campaign Kickoff speech live from Orlando. If he were a democrat it would have been broadcast far and wide on CBS, ABC, NBC, etc; but we already know that. CNN showed the first few minutes up until the crowd started chanting “CNN sux, CNN sux, CNN sux…”

~~~~~~~ TRUMP 2020 ~~~~~~~

41. Mark McQueen says:

I’m with Bill Whittle on Iran.

• fanbeav says:

Rush just said he thinks either they are trying to get out in front of the story or trying to run off Sleepy Joe in favor of another candidate?

• Troublemaker10 says:

Politico had an article recently pushing Elizabeth warren as the compromise candidate between Biden and Bernie.

• Bendix says:

Speaking of Bernie, Mark Steyn points out that the Democrats have become a Berniefied party:
        “Four years on, Bernie is running again in an entirely Berniefied party: His rivals are all presenting themselves as merely younger, comelier, blacker, gayer versions of the original, or in the case of the pitiful Joe Biden, unloading every morning positions he’s held for half-a-century, an even more geriatric Bernie. On the right there are NeverTrumpers but on the left no NeverBernies.”
        Steyn has a way of precisely defining things the rest of us noticed but couldn’t put into words.

42. Troublemaker10 says:

43. For Eyes says:

“The best evidence that the FBI knew the black ledger was a sham? They never presented it in Manafort’s trial.

On Wednesday night, Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC) told Solomon that he is asking the DOJ’s Inspector General to investigate the Manafort warrants, including media leaks and whether evidence exists that the government knew the black ledger was unreliable evidence. ”

44. Dora says:

Agenda 21? It’s horrifying!

=====

‘Climate Emergency’: Ireland Set to Ban Private Cars While Planning Mass Third World Migration

Drivers will be forced off the roads in Ireland and the population packed into “higher density” cities under a long-awaited climate plan which will ‘revolutionise’ people’s lifestyle and behaviours, according to local media

45. SR says:

Biden would not be nominee for democrats. It would open Obama’s 8 year and fake msm, Democrats and globalists would not want their messiah administration goes under public trial. Harris would be VP selection as full of check boxes.