Wednesday June 12th – Open Thread

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER US FROM EVIL. For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

140 Responses to Wednesday June 12th – Open Thread

1. Deplorable_Infidel says:

A Picture of a Fool

[When atheists complain that Christians get too many holidays, we like to reply by pointing out that April 1 is National Atheist Day, for “the fool hath said in his heart, There is no God” (Psa. 14:1; 53:1). But it is no laughing matter when God’s people play the fool, as Pastor Fredericksen makes clear in this excerpt from his book, Daily Transformation.]

For decades, our family has put together a large puzzle over the Christmas season. For us, it is an enjoyable project. It encourages us to take time out of busy schedules to simply spend time together and visit. But there is also a sense of satisfaction as, one by one, pieces of the puzzle are added, and we see a clear picture emerge. In the Book of Proverbs, God gives us a clear picture, though an unflattering one, of a fool.

A fool can easily be identified by at least ten characteristics described by King Solomon. A fool “refuseth instruction” to the detriment of his own soul (15:32). He just won’t listen when given wise counsel.

The “words of the pure are pleasant words” (15:26), but the words of “a fool’s lips enter into contention” (18:6-8), and it is to his own “destruction.” He tends to be looking for trouble, and is usually harsh in his words. “He that uttereth a slander is a fool” (10:18). Criticizing others has become a favorite sport.

“The way of the fool is right in his own eyes” (12:15), and “it is as sport to a fool to do mischief” (10:23). He seems to always think he is right and that wrong is right. A “fool layeth open his folly” (13:16), and perhaps he does so because “the fool rageth, and is [over] confident” (14:16). As someone once said: “It is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.”

Proverbs also conveys the concepts that a fool will not heed reproof (17:10), speaks when he should listen (17:28), will be continually “meddling” to stir up strife (20:3), and “uttereth all his mind” (29:11). This sounds like a busybody who delights to continually gossip about others, or insert himself into the affairs of others.

As we look more carefully at this picture of a fool, we should each ask ourselves if any of these qualities describe us. If so, we encourage you to do something about it. Take one or two of these practices you know you need to work on, ask the Lord to enable you to change your pattern, then ask a godly loved one to hold you accountable in this area. In so doing, allow God to transform you.

By Pastor John Fredericksen

Psalm 14:1 <> The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Psalm 53:1 <> The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

P r o v e r b s 15:32 He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: but he that heareth reproof getteth understanding.

P r o v e r b s 15:26 The thoughts of the wicked are an abomination to the LORD: but the words of the pure are pleasant words.

P r o v e r b s 18:6 A fool’s lips enter into contention, and his mouth calleth for strokes.
    7 A fool’s mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul.
    8 The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.

P r o v e r b s 10:18 He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool.

Pr 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

Pr 10:23 It is as sport to a fool to do mischief: but a man of understanding hath wisdom.

Pr 13:16 Every prudent man dealeth with knowledge: but a fool layeth open his folly.

Pr 14:16 A wise man feareth, and departeth from evil: but the fool rageth, and is confident.

Pr 17:10 A reproof entereth more into a wise man than an hundred stripes into a fool.

Pr 17:28 Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.

Pr 20:3 It is an honour for a man to cease from strife: but every fool will be meddling.

Pr 29:11 A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
    2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

2. citizen817 says:

3. citizen817 says:

4. Garrison Hall says:

5. nwtex says:

6. Lucille says:

Albany, New York: Imam convicted of aiding jihad terror group to be deported
    June 11, 2019 by Robert Spencer

What about all the people Yassin Aref taught at the Masjid As-Salam? What are they doing now?
    “Prosecutors portrayed Aref as a religious fanatic. But Manley and others believe Aref’s arrest was a case of entrapment.”

How absurd. Could you be entrapped into plotting mass murder? No? Neither could I.

7. nimrodman says:

Yoga Instructor Teaches Class Aimed at ‘Undoing Whiteness’

Humpf claims that she decided to offer the class after watching the “racist ways,” in which white people showed up to yoga classes.

“I was seeing white people show up in yoga spaces in racist ways,” Humpf explained.

“White-bodied people need to understand that just because you aren’t a former KKK member doesn’t mean you aren’t upholding white supremacy …”

• auscitizenmom says:

This person is worse than a nut.

• nikkichico7 says:

Sheesh … dumb as a box of rocks .. 😑🤚 … and dangerous speech like pre-WWII … nazi politi-speak … they have selected their next target/people to destroy … and the miserable God forsaken fool are themselves … white, you can’t make this up

.. b e w a r e ….

Watch The Mortal Storm ..

8. nwtex says:

9. Dora says:

Edmund Charles Tarbell – Three Sisters – A Study in June Sunlight, 1890

10. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.”
    Mark 11:26 (KJV)

• duchess01 says:

• waltherppk says:

That is one of the verses, like turning the other cheek ….gives me a whole lot of trouble, for where is any real justice found if right and wrong have no accounting? It is like saying to others to do whatever evil and betrayal you like and cause whatever grief or harm ….but don’t worry I’ll forgive you. Well here is a news flash ……I refuse that open ended limitless kind of forgiveness…..don’t seek it and don’t extend it. That runs counter to any justice.

The way I am thinking, is I would prefer to take whatever medicine I deserve so long as that applies equally all around …..I ask for no special consideration so I feel no obligation to extend any.

If vengeance is mine says the Lord ……that is fine by me so long as it plays out evenly from a fair tribunal above. The old cliche that to err is human but to forgive is divine pretty much summarizes it for me …..let the heavenly accountant balance the books honestly and I will be just A-Okay with whatever results from that accounting. No truly honest judge have I ever seen on earth ….but a bunch of corrupt liars instead….so an honest tribunal who reigns from heaven above is one HOPE that never will I abandon. I can’t seek or practice an all forgiving love when in TRUTH there are things I believe so far cross the line into being EVIL that it asks to much to be forgiven. Crossing that line too far into EVIL it would seem more sane to simply be resigned to ones fate and expect the same resignation from others. So that is where I am on that. And there is almost a tongue in cheek aspect about the “forgiveness” that amounts to an indifference about the fate someone who has joined the damned for their errors……like saying to them you know they are going to burn in hell but not to worry because you forgive them ….as if your own divinity surpassed that of God.

Or maybe I totally misunderstand.

• duchess01 says:

I understand your frustration – it is human – the Bible says we are to bless those who curse us – fight evil with good – and forgive lest we not be forgiven – it is difficult – but, not impossible – in my experience – forgiveness has released me from all of those bad influences in my life – and freed me to move on – and you know what – it feels good – really good!

Hope this helps you understand why forgiveness is so important…

• waltherppk says:

Yeah but my nature is to be an alpha and a combat model ……I am what I am and it is hard wired into me. I have a sense of proportion about things and I understand the general idea there, but as a human being and what I am ….it is performance beyond my design limits that I can’t and won’t do. If I will be judged by the same standard there as I apply to others…then so be it.

• duchess01 says:

I understand the alpha male so well – admirable – they are – at times – stubborn, too – another thing alpha males/females have trouble doing is relinquishing control – when we give our lives to God – we relinquish that human control – and – it isn’t easy – it is a trust issue as well – how can we trust in a being we cannot see? Same thing with people – they can do a lot of damage if one lets them – so I totally understand from where you are coming – I will pray you will see how much easier it is when you let go and let God. Peace, Bro!

• waltherppk says:

Yeah I trust and believe in God….but I totally understand Admiral Nelson ….to trust in The Lord….but keep your powder dry. I am a practical man.

• waltherppk says:

It is like the faith of a man who understands the nature of allegory in bible teachings like a story to make a point that may not be literally true in the most extreme interpretation.
              Like for the believers who handle snakes or drink poison ….not for me. And if life was in danger because of such things and faith and prayer just wasn’t getting the job done….then there would be no rejection of any antidote or antivenin that medical science could provide as a Plan B that would be given the circumstances a valid sensible alternative. God did give human beings a brain for a reason.

• duchess01 says:

I agree – by the same token – I believe the Spirit of God will guide me to the best solution – no matter the problem – I have found when I try to do things by myself – I fail – but, when I include God – it all works out – God gave us free will to choose – He also gave us the intellect to determine the best course of action – however – without God – I can do nothing.

• waltherppk says:

And without maternal instincts no mother would protect and nurse her baby. But that one is engraved by God into a mothers DNA. So a normal woman would not need a bible verse to know this innately by nature.

It is sort of the same thing for the alpha male and it isn’t “animal” dirt that would be washed away as a sin by any baptism waters or by being born again as a Christian….some of the good old human remains. Loyalty to your mate and loving your children and family are places where blood is thicker than water….some things are elemental in the human heart if a person is really a whole healthy person and not some mutant Darwin Award.

• duchess01 says:

Agree – God made women that way – and gave them the maternal instinct – unfortunately, some women do not care for their young – could not figure out why – but, someone told me – not all mothers love their children – however, there is a book in the Bible that enumerates the qualities of a good woman/wife – Proverbs 31 – good for men and women to read – there are passages that refer to how a man should be toward his wife – and his relationship to God – the Bible gives us instructions on how to live as a Christian – I believe – anything you need to know about life is in the Bible.

• waltherppk says:

Yes by nature God put good and beautiful things into the hearts of humans who are not “by nature” all bad ….but there are huge numbers of humans that are serious “malfunctions” that behave in ways against nature and against God. If all humanity was like herd …..and God is like a rancher….from the looks of things God could stay very busy culling the herd.

• duchess01 says:

Absotutalutely, walt – but, I heard he is good at multitasking – 🙂

• waltherppk says:

Yeah, that too. You understand there is plenty of things I can and do forgive easily because all humans are a long way from perfect. But there are some things that are so plainly evil, especially abuse of children, and betrayal of family …and a few other things I think are so evil that a person who does such things and acts like it is no big deal and really isn’t sorry at all….I sure DO NOT forgive them, and actually find it impossible to even relate to them as being “persons” like other fellow human beings ….because they have effectively betrayed and denounced their own species and are in many ways beneath animals who behave more nobly. Such “people” if you could generously call them that are to me “culls” from the human race and are NOT “our kind of people” to put it lightly. What they are exactly is something ALIEN to humanity, might look human but there the similarity ends.

• duchess01 says:

Understand – and lately – we have heard about these monsters in the news – they play it down – but, what they do is no secret – and yes – it would be difficult to forgive them for some of the atrocious things they have done – the evil in this world is a bit hard to swallow let alone forgive.

• waltherppk says:

An alpha male combat model might love and forgive his enemies…..but that won’t cause a moments hesitation about killing every one of them, and later in reflection studying the philosophical analysis in safety later.

• duchess01 says:

Ooookay! I used to be combative – but, not anymore – I have seen what happens to those who wrong me – IOW – how the Lord’s vengeance works – much better than anything I could do – I have seen how forgiveness has lifted a weight I did not need to carry – so I am praying you will see it, too – oh – and – I am much happier since I have seen the light.

• waltherppk says:

Yeah I believe in the bibles teaching about sowing and reaping or what another philosophy calls karma. Things have a way of working out. I have turned things over to God that are complicated and the ideas I have about how to solve a problem could be messy ….like finding the remains of Rachel Maddow in a dumpster with a plastic bag over her head.

• 17CatsInTN says:

Forgiveness isn’t about what “they” did. It is about you.

Jesus didn’t die on that Cross bearing the sin of the entire world because HE did something wrong. He died because WE did. He died in our place, accepting the complete punishment for ALL sin. In that single act God was demonstrating what true forgiveness is.

When we forgive others–as Christ forgave us–we are releasing the power of God’s forgiveness towards us. He lifts that burden, that anger, that bitterness, that hatred, that sorrow–all of it. He took it on Himself at the Cross so that we might be freed from that swirling milieu of darkness. That forgiveness accounting is between us and God and we come out the better for it.

As to those who have sinned against us, that is between them and God. Someday they will also face a day of accounting, some with repentance and turning from evil, others continuing to shake their fist at God. When I have forgiven that person(s), I am free because I have released the consequences to God and am no longer imprisoned by rage, bitterness or whatever.

While we are finite, chafing for PAYBACK, He is yearning for ALL to come to Him and be forgiven. Even the most evil people we can think of are loved by Him. Yet, some day His patience ends and the consequences of rejecting His ways is eternal torment. THAT is why I have finally come to understand God’s vengeance. I can now live with His timing and be content because whether I see that accounting in my lifetime or not, HE does. I know a piddling bit of nothing seen through the lens of my ill fitting grumpy and darkened understanding.

Not to say I don’t occasionally schmuddle, schmuddle and complain, but I am truly free because I have forgiven from my heart and He is faithful. I carried a huge rock of unforgiveness for decades. When I finally, FINALLY, forgave that person, that burden immediately lifted and it has never returned. Kinda amazing grace. 🙂

Hmmmm, I went on a lot longer than I meant to. Sorry. Hope this one person’s perspective helps!

• waltherppk says:

There is no “payback” that I could dispense that would balance the books for some of the absolute EVIL encountered in this world by me.

A perpetrator burning at the stake might do it if the ashes could be revived to do the burning all over again ad infinitum. Forgive them? No way.

And if that generosity is conveyed from on high to the perpetrators belated claim of protection from the unlimited forgiver ……then I have a HUGE problem with that too.

Sorry, if you want that kind of absolution then I would need to be born again as something “better” than a human being because that “sublime” level of “unlimited forgiveness” and absolution is BEYOND THE SCOPE of any “mission in this life” that as a HUMAN BEING this human being would ever accept. If that somehow “disqualifies” me from ever being forgiven my own failings because of some faulty sense of proportion so I don’t “get the big picture” of any “cosmic balance” that applies….. well then too bad for me.

• 17CatsInTN says:

Hmmmm, sorry for you. I can only tell you from my experience, forgiveness works. If you can’t, then, being human, I do get it and can understand the difficulty.

• waltherppk says:

Don’t feel sorry for me please. I am not some pitiful case who just doesn’t “get it”. Forgiveness can be and is exploited by people who have no conscience believing they can do any evil they please and there is no consequence because “ultimately” they are forgiven. But I believe Jesus Christ covers those “pretenders” by saying he will declare He never knew them when they are Johnny come lately’s seeking “forgiveness” at the eleventh hour of life after having lived their lives as Hell’s servants. Jesus Christ is not deceived. Jesus knew who are God’s children before the world began, and it isn’t all humanity that fits the bill. The ones who showed in life to whom they belong are going to hell, whether they were loved and hoped for better or not. There is also instruction from scripture that what we Christians decide to forgive will be forgiven by Jesus also ….and what we don’t forgive likewise will not be forgiven. How all this will be “litigated” in the highest court of all I do not know and leave that complicated mess up to God. I don’t have the wisdom of Solomon or God. I can only trust and have faith that heaven is not curated by any incompetent judge and if that turns out to be the case anyway, well it will be par for the course of a continuing consciousness from when this human lived on Earth. At that point if that would be how it is I can only say…well it figures….in keeping with the cynicism of Ecclesiastes.

• 17CatsInTN says:

Walther, what I am sorry for is you are not understanding forgiveness. I am not sorry for YOU in the sense of you poor widdle man. I am sorry that you are clearly still wrapped up in something that you are passionate about that still causes you a deep level of reactions that don’t edify you, but keep you agitated.

People either forgive or they don’t. The results of those decisions clearly manifest in either positive or negative ways. It is a gift of God to forgive. I hope some day you can truly understand.

I know of what I speak. You may have seen and/or experienced things more deeply disturbing than I have, I get that. But, I too have experienced deeply disturbing things that altered my life for decades–until I forgave. The difference in my quality of life BF and AF (before/after forgiveness) is quantifiably measurable. THAT is what I mean. When you’ve experienced both sides of the coin, you are changed from within. And, trust me, it REALLY helps.

So, I’ve enjoyed our discussion. I hope you can understand what I’m trying to explain.

• waltherppk says:

I understand what you are saying and I resist the trap of moral relativism. But clearly there are things in the world that any way you slice it are against nature and against God. When people persist in those things that are quantifiable EVIL and they couldn’t care less about the harm caused others…. I simply DO NOT forgive them.
                  I believe forgiveness should be given those who admit error and are honestly sorry and change bad behavior….and where that repentance doesn’t exist …then neither does any consideration of forgiveness because that well is dry. Maybe some people have an unlimited generosity there that I can’t access, but I truly don’t feel diminished for not knowing what I am missing there because I don’t seek being that generous or magnanimous. When I had a lot less experience of being burned for misplaced trust in people unworthy of such trust I was more generous, but life’s hard lessons convinced me that survival required a different more skeptical and cynical perspective., that has been reproven correct many times.

• Pale rider says:

Simple Waltherppk, the forgiveness is to keep you out of hell, kinda like, shoot the bugger dead but forgive the sin lest you fall into the pit. You wash yourself of “their” sin.
        Your issue is looking to the world instead of God for answers. Yes the world has answers but don’t mix them in with the word. Pick one and stay till you get the complete answer.
        I can tell you the world will always steer you to hell. The word away from hell, I assume that’s what you want?
        And, God doesn’t throw people in hell, big mistake to go there. You, direct your life to hell. Some people who die dive headlong into hell, attracted to the sounds and smells. Some slowly go because heavens light is to painful. Look around, we see that today. Variations of hell bound or heaven bound.
        We are always responsible, God gave us the word/Jesus to get us free from hell and death but, always your choice.
        So, do you forgive? Or grasp hands with the sinner?

• waltherppk says:

My own awareness and common sense could encounter a situation that required me to shoot an enemy or criminal dead, instead of being kind and forgiving. But there is no idea in my mind it is any kind of moralizing or requires any really complicated thinking about a matter of fact situation that requires taking care of business.

Looking for answers is not really something I am doing because I figured out a long time ago that no sense can be made of senseless things, and it isn’t some lack of understanding to fail to comprehend senseless things. Senseless things don’t make sense and no sense can be made of them. A man would go nuts trying to make sense of what is just crazy.

A woodpecker has a plan that involves beating his head against a tree to rustle up some grub. It makes good sense to that woodpecker. Obviously God has a sense of humor.

• waltherppk says:

@Pale Rider Brother let me tell you this ….If Mark 11:26 is a footnote and fine print proviso for John 3:16 …..like some follow up “litmus test” of “genuine” salvation ….then this old sometimes unforgiving soul is just plain SOL because that one is a “bridge too far” based on some of the evil I have seen on earth gone unjudged and unavenged.

For me justice is not a joke, it is an unavoidable reckoning.

I do have faith and can pray to God that something will be done by God to right some wrongs and I can leave that business there to simmer for as long as my human patience and faith can endure …..and past that point…. I absolutely will take care of business all by myself if that is the way it must go. I am absolutely not one to simply accept unacceptable things that are atrocities while pretending nothing can be done because nobody else will perform. That gauntlet I will pick up on the tip of a lance EVERY TIME.

• Pale rider says:

waltherppk, we are all different embrace that, seems you are but struggle with the morality of it. This is a time where things that can be shaken will be shaken, you have been shaken. I suspect more will take up the sword as this continues, history repeats.

Salvation starts on “impact” when Gods spirit meets yours. I’m not going to go all over that just know if your serious, Gods serious. All your decisions, and he made concessions for each one of us before we were born.
            As for justice, forgiveness has nothing to do with justice. You wouldn’t let a man rape your family members everyday and say, “I forgive you, Gods got this” no, you deal with it. For the victim and yourself. You deal with the sin and sinner at that point, when it manifests itself as evil. We don’t see that anymore because God is absent, can you see that?
            Main thing, where is your heart? Are you guided by your ego or Gods spirit. Put spiritual things first everything else comes after and you will be fine.

• waltherppk says:

A real physical world is the environment in which a human being has no choice but to dwell. I am not unaware of the spiritual aspects of things. I see this, we humans are challenged with real physical problems that prayers do no always answer, and you either defend what you will, or let the world trample you while praying to God to do something when the ball is in your own court and God does nothing. I see that and I accept it as a FACT often true. So I don’t blame God for what doesn’t get squared away…….If I fail then I blame myself for not taking care of a task that was always mine alone to do.

• waltherppk says:

Anyway the hypothetical scenario you described and worse is exactly the scenario that has been put into my life experience as a challenge which I am given as a shit detail with which to deal. And no I DO NOT forgive the criminal perpetrators so I would without any mercy or compunction BURN every one involved not just in this world but forever if I had that authority.

11. duchess01 says:

Jesus Loves Babies…Pray for the Unborn

Jesus Loves the Little Children…Pray for the Little Children

Jesus Loves You…Run to Him

12. nwtex says:

I saw just a tiny bit on the telly a while ago. Jon Stewarts passion and heartfelt delivery just about undid me. Especially when his voice cracked and eyes welled up with tears …..I actually found my eyes stinging.

Shame on those congressmen who ignored these American heroes, who need them, how disgraceful!!! It broke my heart seeing ALL the empty seats. Slap in the face like I’ve never seen!

FWIW I heard that they said they were “busy doing other things” but did follow via tv or some such. I’m sure that was of great comfort to the injured men and women who came all the way to attend the hearing. Un b.e.l.i.e.v.a.b.l.e

May God continue to hold the hurting close. And I pray that those seemingly heartless individuals will have an awakening and change their ways….in all political areas. It is never too late for we are all God’s children.

• nwtex says:

…well, where’s the video? 🤔 I thought it came with O’Reillys tweet and I was looking fwd to watching the whole hearing as I only saw a minute earlier on the telly. well, dang! 😡
      Probably losing my ever lovin….. 😎 but that’s fine i’ll just go watch Bruno Mars. Or ummm maybe Joe B….. the man! XO ❤
      Guess I'll toss a coin.

• nwtex says:

……….Never mind. Computer ’emergency’….malfunction. I messed up my browser! Lost tool bar or whatever it’s called. Where is BMTea when I need her. sheesh. So guess I’ll have to figure this out myself. My world stops when my machine is wonky. NOOOO wait…..I’ve got 24 hr tech support. Cool. zoooooom…………

• nwtex says:

OMGosh! I can’t even log out because I don’t have the things, you know those things on the top that file…tools…etc etc. NOOOOO now there is nothing on the top at all no tabs nuttin… this page goes up to the top of the screen. I’m spooked.
          I’m out…. somehow. Maybe a hard shut down? noooo. Oy vey I forgot, i’ll call the tech guys. The machine doesn’t have to be operating properly for them to tell me how to fix it. sheesh. hahaha……….

• auscitizenmom says:

Good luck. 😯

• Garrison Hall says:

The bar across the top of your screen is probably just minimized, all too easy to do with Firefox for some reason. Move your mouse up to the upper right hand corner of the screen and the bar should reveal itself. Click on the “restore” box next to the “X” and the disappeared bar should stay visible at the top of your screen.

• auscitizenmom says:

Ah, someone who knows something. 🙂 I will try to remember that. It has happened to me and I undid it, but never knew what I did. LOL

• nwtex says:

Thx Garrison. And that’s exactly what tech support also said.
              iirc right before it went wonky I believe I hit some oddball key…you know one of those “F” keys at the top of the keyboard as even after 20 yrs of being on a computer I still can’t look at the screen and type at the same time so when I try or when going at “super speed” 😉
              I tend to mess up 😎 And thank you, very much, for he explanation, appreciated.

13. nwtex says:

14. nwtex says:

Fromthe piece……

Bill Maher Calls Political Correctness ‘A Cancer on Progressivism’: No One Likes Living on Eggshells.

Bill maher —>
    “When you talk to Trump supporters, they’re not blind to his flaws but they always say he’s not politically correct. I don’t think you can overestimate how much people have been choking on political correctness and hate it. There were two studies about this recently … The vast majority of liberals in this country hate it. They think political correctness has gone way too far. No one likes to be living on egg shells.”

15. nwtex says:

That 50 sec aerial view is most depressing. This is what happens if you when leftists “rule” and (imo—-> deliberately!) allow a problem to go unchecked for a few decades. Again, my opinion, it’a all part of a master plan.

• amwick says:

What I wonder about is if all of that property these people are squatting on,,, well, is that all public property? Private owners should be able to have these people removed…
      hmmmmmmmmmmmm…. I am planning a trip that will start in Los Angeles, my husband keeps seeing these images on the news, and wants to have a first hand look…
      IDK, I suppose if it is through the windows of a van or something.. *SMH

• auscitizenmom says:

I’ll settle for the magic of the Internet. 🙄

• Lucille says:

Seriously, do not get on any conveyance which even opens it’s doors while in the typhus-carrying-rat-infested areas…not unless you are provided with hazmat suits. I’m not kidding. Honestly, amwick, don’t go into those areas. Your health may depend upon it. It’s horrifying enough to view photos and vids.

For 100 years the Los Angeles Skid Row has been there and not had a typhus outbreak. This homeless crisis is due to folks who should not be in the U.S. in the first place. California has gone mad and Los Angeles is a prime example of the incredible stupidity which infects Democrats in leftist-run states…or rather Third World Leftist Paradises.

The year 2000 was the last time I had business in the civic center area of Los Angeles. It was awful and scary and filthy then and that was before the explosion of illnesses.

The city government DOES NOT CARE who gets ill or who even dies. Mayor Eric Garcetti is an incompetent of major proportions. He needs to be prosecuted for dire negligence re the health of the community. He says he’ll take full responsibility. Yeah, right! He’s in a war and doesn’t even know it, the PC fool.

This whole easily-prevented situation makes me furious! I recommend to all my friends who still live there to get out now before the entire city collapses in on them.

• jx says:

How’s that “sanctuary state” working out for ya?

16. getfitnow says:

Biden doddering in Iowa. So pathetic.

• warrprin1 says:

The question is, for whom is he covering? Why the need to buy time with this distraction of a Joe Biden candidacy? What would “incentivize” (I hate that fake verb) someone of his age, following a long career in government – read: politics – to submit himself to this public humiliation? Answer: SOMETHING.

Why wouldn’t this particular Uncle Joe take his bows, and exit the scrutiny of the national stage with his lucre and his luster intact? Who could imagine a scenario where this particular American puppet will win the D nomination and the Presidency?

Are the Dims STILL covering for the as yet unannounced stealth candidate?

What is hiding under former VP Joey B’s rug?

17. Dora says:

Where are the hundreds of Congolese migrants now?

In total San Antonio saw more than 230 African migrants in the last week. The city had to open up an additional shelter at the Frank Garrett Center.

18. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

19. Dora says:

Leave the ladies alone! Let them celebrate!

===

‘They could have won with some humility’: US women’s soccer team is slammed for ‘disgusting’ celebrations during 13-0 World Cup thrashing of Thailand that left the opposition players in tears

• sturmudgeon says:

Dora: Yes! Especially as the “women’s” teams will soon be infiltrated with “men who feel like a woman today” participants. Let them celebrate while they can.

20. nikkichico7 says:

Praying for Our Needs
    JUNE 12, 2019

Matthew 6:19-34
    Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; 21 for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. 22 The eye is the lamp of the body; so then if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light that is in you is darkness, how great is the darkness! 24 No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth. 25 For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? 27 And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life? 28 And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, 29 yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. 30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith! 31 Do not worry then, saying, `What will we eat?’ or `What will we drink?’ or `What will we wear for clothing?’ 32 For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. 34 So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

As believers in Jesus Christ, we have God’s invitation to ask Him for whatever we need. What an amazing privilege! He’s not a stingy heavenly Father, but one who loves us and cares about every aspect of our life.

Sometimes, however, if the answers we expect aren’t materializing, we may question God’s love, interest, or ability. In today’s passage from the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus reassures us that we can pray for our needs with full confidence in our Father’s provision. We are to …

Trust in His Care. Whenever we start to wonder whether our Father hears our requests, we can look outside at His creation (Matt. 6:26-32). If God feeds the birds and clothes the flowers, won’t He also care for His beloved children?

Believe His Promise. Jesus assures us that God will provide our basic needs if we’ll make Him our top priority in life (Matt. 6:32-33).

Seek His Kingdom and Righteousness. Jesus warns against making earthly things our treasure and admonishes us to store up heavenly riches instead (Matt. 6:19-21). That’s what it means to seek first God’s kingdom and righteousness. When the desire and ambition of our life is to obey the Lord and reflect His character in our words, attitudes, and actions, He assumes the responsibility to provide whatever we may need.

God’s ways are different from how we naturally think. Human logic leads us to conclude that if we need something, we should seek it, but God’s perspective says, “Seek Me, and I’ll take care of your need.” Whose way are you trusting?
    intouch.org
    Dr. Charles Stanley

21. just stevie says:

GETTING THERE

Where the self-interest sleeps and the real interest awakens. “Master, where dwellest Thou?…Come and see.” John i. 39

“They abode with Him that day.” That is about all some of us ever do, then we wake up to actualities, self-interest arises and the abiding is passed. There is no condition of life in which we cannot abide in Jesus.

“Thou art Simon, thou shalt be called Cephas.” God writes the new name on those places only in our lives where He has erased the pride and self-sufficiency and self- interest. Some of us have the new name in spots only, like spiritual measles. In sections we look all right. When we have our best spiritual mood on, you would think we were very high-toned saints; but don’t look at us when we are not in that mood. The disciple is one who has the new name written all over him; self-interest and pride and self-sufficiency have been completely erased.

Pride is the deification of self, and this to-day in some of us is not of the order of the Pharisee, but of the publican. To say “Oh, I’m no saint,” is acceptable to human pride, but it is unconscious blasphemy against God. It literally means that you defy God to make you a saint, “I am much too weak and hopeless, I am outside the reach of the Atonement.” Humility before men may be unconscious blasphemy before God. Why are you not a saint? It is either that you do not want to be a saint, or that you do not believe God can make you one. It would be all right, you say, if God saved you and took you straight to heaven. That is just what He will do! “We will come unto him, and make our abode with him.” Make no conditions, let Jesus be everything, and He will take you home with Him not only for a day, but for ever.

Oswald Chambers
    June 12th Devotional

• Pale rider says:

No condemnation in Christ Jesus. Very simple, very difficult to execute.
      Always thought it was something put upon me, then I realized it was me.
      We will fall, but it’s because we stood up. Myself, I don’t want to stay down, I want all he has to offer.

22. Dora says:

23. Mandy says:

Saw this article being discussed over at gab.

“Fewer Than Ten U.S. B-1 Bombers Are Ready for Action

The U.S. Air Force’s fleet of B-1B bombers is undergoing a readiness crises that has resulted in less than ten of 62 bombers capable of carrying out missions. The low readiness rating is almost certainly the worst among the U.S. military’s combat aircraft and reduces the overall number of bombers by almost a third.

Air Force Times, which broke the news, reports that the number of fully capable B-1Bs is currently in the “single digits.” According to June 2019 issue of Air Force Magazine, the service is supposed to have 62 B-1Bs in operation. The problem is so bad that B-1 air crews are being temporarily assigned to other airframes.”

more at link:

Reading the discussion of the article, someone pointed out….”The US military is in some really dire trouble overall. They can’t fly the B-1, the F-35s mostly can’t fly and the program is a boondoggle, the Ford can’t reliably launch planes and can’t load its guns, the LCS is so worthless that’s it’s doing drug interdiction, etc.”

I really REALLY wish that TPTB would stop trying to get us into a war. We are DECIDEDLY not prepared….

24. Sepp says:

To Ponder

Let me ponder on the grace of God the Holy Spirit in the mystery [Mysterion] of the [Orthodox] Priesthood:

1. How that grace enlightens and illumines a man, and enables him to fulfil his teaching and pastoral duty.

2. How that grace empowers a Priest to celebrate the other Mysteries [Mysteria].

From “The Prologue from Ohrid” by Saint Nikolai (Serbian-born Bishop who reposed in the Lord in the USA and was a former prisoner of Dachau) for May 30th on the traditional Calendar of the Orthodox Christian Church.

25. SwampRatTerrier says:

“Jabez called upon the God of Israel, saying, ‘Oh that you would bless me and enlarge my border, and that your hand might be with me, and that you would keep me from harm so that it might not bring me pain!’ And God granted what he asked” (1 Chronicles 4:10).

26. bessie2003 says:

This is wonderful news and I’m so excited to read this morning that Sidney Powell has been retained, hired, as Gen. Flynn’s new lawyer!

27. jx says:

FBI failed to produce information from an August 2015 meeting with Intelligence Community Inspector General about Hillary Clinton’s email server. The FBI claimed that notes are “missing” and the CD containing notes from meeting is likely “damaged” irreparably.

Ongoing corruption.

28. sturmudgeon says:

There is some troubling info referenced over at jsmineset.com regarding Big Banks, Kushner,Trump, and Russian banks, money laundering… hope it doesn’t torpedo our Pres.

• Lucille says:

Who are the proprietors of jsmineset.com? Trying to get Jared Kushner or any member of the Trump family is a full-time job for the Never-Trumpers and leftists, too. False accusations are daily fake-news fare.

• wondering999 says:

When I went to look, I came across some info about a gold and silver trader Jim Sinclair. Not much available about him, mainly YouTubes

• Mandy says:

Eh, I don’t think that is what’s hurting him. Much of his base feels betrayed and will never vote for him again – he CANNOT get them back. Does not mean they’ll vote for the dem option; more likely, they don’t vote at all…and with the vote being so tight in so many states, the ‘betrayed base’ could cost him 2020.

• Lucille says:

Mandy, Mandy, hon…”Much of his base feels betrayed and will never vote for him again”? I do not know personally even one person who feels “betrayed and will never vote for him again”…not one.

Please don’t be taken in by those who WANT President Trump to fail, who hate him, who likely didn’t vote for him in the first place. Those negative thinking people are disseminating leftist hate propaganda. All who are strong on the freedom and prosperity our President has set in motion with his/our MAGA thinking MUST NOT be taken in by fake news and lies. JETTISON all websites, news casts, or podcasts which give out with such disinformation.

THINK MAGA!

29. Mandy says:

Remember that Haaretz article from a few weeks ago where that lawyer laid out the Talmudic and rabbinic jewish teaching that life does NOT begin at conception? And then she went on to lay out their plan to OVERTURN ALL PRO LIFE LAWS based on government imposition of the CHRISTIAN viewpoint that life DOES begins at conception onto Jews such as herself who do NOT believe this?

IT IS STARTING ALREADY. LISTEN TO GILLIBRAND JUST YESTERDAY!

• 17CatsInTN says:

If life doesn’t begin at conception, then what’s the big deal? If it’s not a baby, then ignore it. It’ll all be fine. All those multiplying cells with separate DNA, a beating heart, fingerprints, wiggling toes, identifiable genitals, etc., mean nothing and there’s no need to do anything. It’s not life. It’s all really very simple.

30. Troublemaker10 says:

31. Mongo says:

Ban Justin Trudeau, keep the pastic straws.
    After announcing how he is going to ban single use plastic items Trudeau explains how his family is reducing their use of plastic, poorly.

Something aint right in that boy’s head, and it aint right in the heads of the people that voted for him.

32. Mandy says:

I just came across this Ryan Girdusty person..apparently he’s an OAN reporter? Anyway, I was reading through his twitter…

33. Mandy says:

What the heck?

So the acting DHS guy SUPPORTS THE GANG OF 8 AMNESTY? No dang WONDER the border is basically non existent. Sheesh.

Also…

The acting DHS guy is an HRC SUPPORTER!

I repeat…..sheesh.

34. Pale rider says:

Came across this tidbit, no surprise one coach avoids prison for taking money at Stanford scam.

35. Mandy says:

“Trump orders simpler path for genetically engineered food

NEW YORK — President Trump wants to make it easier for genetically engineered plants and animals to enter the food supply, and he signed an executive order Tuesday directing federal agencies to simplify the “regulatory maze” for producers.

The move comes as companies are turning to newer genetic engineering techniques that make it easier to tinker with the traits of plants and animals.”

more at link:

36. For the longest time many of us have wondered why American Jews vote against their best interests, at least those who are not Orthodox. This article on Red Diaper babies, American Communists, from the perspective of many years later, goes a long way toward explaining the crucible in which they were raised; I found it very interesting, but it doesn’t specifically pertain to our President so I am linking it here:

• Mandy says:

Thanks, looks like a good site! Bookmarked it and will read the piece later.

• wondering999 says:

Interesting article and I’m glad I read it, thanks.

One thing to keep in mind is that industrialists flooded America with immigrants between 1890-1920, immigrants fresh from monarchies that operated on very different principles than those of the original United States.

Immigration was pretty much shut down after 1920, after a slew of anarchist/communist bombings and assassinations over decades had left a trail of dead/maimed people. My school textbooks talked about “rising anti-immigrant sentiment” without getting into the gory details, which is unfair to students. There were REASONS why there were deportations and the gates slammed shut for many after 1920.

The anarchist immigrants, people like Alexander Berkman and Luigi Galleani, were rebelling against the czars, monarchies and state religions of the places where they had come from. Some of these immigrants never understood the “American Dream” — and they had been imported into the United States to drive down wages and to serve as cheap disposable labor in dangerous factories similar to the Triangle Shirt Factory. Others did assimilate and helped make America great. Unfortunately the Rosenbergs, and Sobell, had different agendas

37. Sepp says:

Eric Cochran is the former engineer with Pinterest who was fired.

Tucker Carlson just interviewed Eric Cochran.

38. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

39. auscitizenmom says:

A prayer for Justice Kavanaugh and Col. Flynn:

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
    be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

40. Mandy says:

Rioting in Memphis now. Apparently there was a shooting, US Marshals involved in that, the people are now tearing up the police station….

Check broadcastify, sorry no link.