Saturday May 25th – Open Thread

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER US FROM EVIL. For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

250 Responses to Saturday May 25th – Open Thread

1. Lucille says:

“The Peace of God” by John Rutter; sung by The Cambridge Singers

The peace of God,
    which passeth all understanding
    keep your hearts and minds,
    keep your hearts and minds in the knowledge
    and love of God, and of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

The peace of God which passeth all understanding,
    keep your hearts and minds,
    keep your hearts and minds in the knowledge
    and love of God, and of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

And the blessing of God Almighty,
    the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost,
    be amongst you,
    be amongst you,
    be amongst you
    and remain with you always.
    Amen…

2. The Devilbat says:

Just in case you read something far left that is supposed to be from me, someone has used my name, “The Devilbat and my avatar to post a bunch of far left crap. I have no idea how they managed to do this. If anyone has any ideas, please reply to this message. The bat.

• amwick says:

Could you email CTH?… I am sure the mods would have a good idea…
      BTW I am really sorry to hear about this…

• BigMamaTEA says:

Hey Db….are you speaking of here or in general?

• BigMamaTEA says:

I’m here, where or where is our Devilbat?

• The Devilbat says:

The devilbat is hanging upside down as usual. You said to meet you on the tree. Did you really find this persons sign in stuff? Thanks so much for helping me. Bat.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Devilbat……Note this some where…I will keep a copy also.

The fraudster’s post….has this comment number http://disq.us/p/220735u link attached to Fat-Fraud ‘s comment.

Your 2 before we spoke had this comment number http://disq.us/p/220qhjq & this one: http://disq.us/p/220qlch attached to YOU.

Okay….those are some kind of logging codes that help identify commenters to a Moderator.

Now, I reported via the flag at my comment line….you could probably see 1 or maybe 2 of my comments to “Fat-Fraud”, but when I flagged for fraud, and additional box with check boxes and space for additional info popped up for me..that at least sent my notice to the Moderator, whoever that is, for their attention. While I was there….that additional complaint report did not post.

Before, I go any further…I should probably wait for a response, cause I need to double-check….do you log-in under Disqus, or Twatter, or I think even googly had a way to use their service for comments.

• The Devilbat says:

Big mamaTEA, Although I am a semi retired electronics engineer, As in, I had a patent awarded to me when I was in the hospital for my quintuple bypass surgery in January.

With al this, I am not very computer literate. Why, I don’t know. I program microcontrollers in C++ all day long. I guess that at 67 years of age, I am simply a bit out of touch with internet stuff. Your help is so much appreciated.

My guess is that I was targeted by an indoctrinated lefty idiot kid somewhere. I have been making fools out of a lot of them for a long time.I try my best to explain what communism is and what their lives would be like under communist control but they tell me that their professors tell them that communism is the best form of government that has ever been created by mankind. Wow!!! are we in trouble or what?

Hopefully, this idiot kid will cease and desist. If not, I will simply reply to all the hate mail that I receive until he gives up. I will definitely NOT give up my bat signature due to some little creep who sits at a computer in his mother’s basement playing with his . . . . . whatever it is he plays with.

God Bless, from the bat.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Devilbat….before you go….are you logged in over there on Disquis? Just need to make sure…..cause I’m not computer savy period, but I do know how & where to complain! HA!

Disquis, is essentially like Uncle WordPress we use here….BUT Disquis, just sells a service to handle comments. After I got to reading at Disquis HQ, had a what to do if you’ve got a “Fat-Fraud” impersonating you….Disquis says, that every one of their clients, ie blogs, are supposed to have their own Monitor to handle issues.. The instructions are said, that Monitor’s of each blog that Disquis provides services for…..has several different ways of tracking/verifying who’s-who. ]

So….that is what those code numbers are….see how the 2 comments from YOU, have very similar numbers right after that /P thing? I’d reason to bet, that YOUR IP address, or email is registered with the tracking #220q.

Btw, I noticed that the “Fat-Fraudster” had a larger image of your image overthere. So, to make it less confusing, and so I could “attack” him, I nicknamed him Fat-Fraud Devilbat.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Well, isn’t that a small world…..You Devilbat, and my hubby could probably talk geek-speak for hours! He too started with C+ or ++ or whatever it’s called eons ago.

You guys, btw, are believe it or not…are in demand that you may not be aware of. Not many know all that stuff…..in other words…I married a computer-nerd before computers were “cool.” He’s 4 years older than you, and got a chunk of his beginning Electronics in the Navy….

So, also, was the patent awarded for your bypass? No, I’m sorry, that was a bad joke! Tired today……You are a tinkerer…..uh huh!

Anyway, let’s see how all that ,or if that over there plays out, since it’s Holiday weekend, maybe first of the week? I’ve had a Disquis acct. for a long time, with the same on-line ID/pic established across the board too.

But for the life of me, I could not find…an email contact , or webmaster link or any way to reach out to the Moderator….I’ve only seen a few websites with that sloppy set up, and they’ve probably all been set up in the last few years…Shoot, I don’t even think I saw a tip-jar link even. THAT is unusual.

Have a good, safe, relaxing Memorial Day weekend. God Bless you too!

• The Devilbat says:

Big MamaTea. Thanks so much for your help. You are obviously a lot more computer savvy than myself. The irony is that I can program microprocessors to make all this stuff work yet I am a dumbass when it comes to actually using most of the internet stuff.

As only a very few people read the caturday posts outside of the treehouse dwellers. I will give you my email address. I really would enjoy a couple of rounds of messages with you. Not that I am trying to hide my identity in the first place.

My email address is: pulsedevil@gmail.com. As to the address, No I am not a devil worshipper. I make an electronic product called “the Pulse Devil.”

All the very best, Write soon, the bat.

gothcha!

Well, I know you’re not a devil….and I love bats…I live out in the country…Bats EAT mosquitoes.
                One of my most favorite things to do at dusk here, in the summer, is sit out on my back deck, and watch the beautiful ballet the bats perform maybe 40 ft in the air…..as they eat all those skeeters that want to bite me!

Actually, the very first time I ever saw a comment from you….my first thought was…this…LOL! from 1931…love those old classics …..

• BigMamaTEA says:

ps…and we do not want to know what he’s playing with. {snicker}

3. Deplorable_Infidel says:

HAPPY CATURDAY!

4. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Paul And The New Birth

The Pauline revelation leads us into glorious truths respecting both our position and experience as believers. Indeed, the new birth itself, as it takes place in the believer today, is directly related to the divine baptism by which Christ and the believer are made one.

How was Christ made one with mankind? He was baptized into the human race. He did not merely come to dwell with men. He became man. How? By being born into the race. Was this by natural birth? No, by supernatural birth. He was begotten of the Holy Spirit. But His baptism into the human race did not end with His birth and life on earth. So fully did He become one with man, that He even died man’s death on the accursed tree. He was baptized into death (Luke 12:50) and, as we now know, into our death.

And it is there, at the Cross, that we become one with Him. The moment one looks in faith to Calvary, acknowledging: “He is no sinner; I am the sinner. Christ is dying my death”; that moment he becomes one with Christ; baptized into the crucified, risen Lord Himself (Rom. 6:3; Gal. 3:26,27) not only positionally, in the reckonings of God, but exponentially, by the Spirit. And thus a new life is begotten.

By natural birth? No, by supernatural birth. Some hold that the Epistles of Paul do not teach the new birth, but this is an error. His familiar word teknon, generally translated simply “child” in our English Bibles, means literally, “born one.” And he uses this word with regard to our spiritual relationship to God.

Furthermore, the Apostle teaches the very truth of the new birth in Tit. 3:5, where he says:

“Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and the renewing of the Holy Ghost.”

By Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

Luke 12:50 But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!

Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Galatians 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
    27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Titus3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

5. nwtex says:

Whoa. Looks like some serious weather.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Beautiful pic. See the circulation forming within….at that point, nothing had touched the ground, if it even did; but that is effeminately a wall-cloud forming….

Mother Nature can be both beautiful and dangers.

• andyocoregon says:

While those clouds look rather menacing alright, one thing I’ve noticed since having grown up in the midwest, then gravitating to the Pacific NW is the clouds that regularly form here can look very dark and scary then tend to either pass over or begin raining light rain with no thunder or lightning. Had I seen these same NW clouds in the midwest, I would have gone for cover.
      Our rain clouds come in from the Pacific Ocean then bump up against the Cascade Mountain Range and build up. That’s why it’s often cloudy and drizzly here in the Willamette Valley, yet clear and sunny on the east side of the mountains.

• Janie M. says:

andy, since you’ve grown up in the Midwest (part of Tornado Alley), you know besides the blaring tornado siren, another warning sign is eerie green skies. I’ve seen a few in my 47 years here. My son was young then and mesmerized by the color, standing at the patio door. Had to yell at him to get away and follow me to a stairwell (didn’t have a basement, lived on 2nd and 3rd floors of an apartment townhome).

6. nwtex says:

The man’s got moxie! yee-haw! You tell ’em cowboy 🤠

• amwick says:

👍👍👏👏👏👏👏

• TreeClimber says:

YUSSS!!! I feel much the same about Han Solo, hence my lack of rush to see the new Solo movie.

• mr.piddles says:

Star Wars Dork here. Card carrying member. No… seriously… I have dozens of 80’s era bubblegum cards in a shoebox upstairs if anyone’s interested. Anyway. I too have not seen the Solo movie, nor am I particularly compelled.

RE: Indy… Here’s why I like this comment from Ford… Hollywood is largely bereft of Creativity in the Age Of Technology. So they take the easy way out to pay the bills. The next Indiana Jones movie will simply be a rehash of the first storyline, presented as an overdone CGI Spectacle replete with over-exaggerated Swooping Visuals, and Absurdly Photorealistic and manufactured “location” shots (Siberia, Egypt, South America, etc. etc.), and a lot of other unnecessary Crapola. That is reality. So I stand with Harrison Ford: no Harrison Ford ACTING, no Indy. Simple as that.

(That being said… I thought JJ Abrams did a decent job with Star Wars Episode VII… minus the dumb parts…)

7. nwtex says:

• nwtex says:

From the piece ^

..Bongino’s turn in the host’s chair drew 3.249 million total viewers and 509,000 in the key 25-54 demographic, leading cable news in both categories.

Hannity’s 9 PM competitor, MSNBC’s The Rachel Maddow Show, finished third overall in both total viewership 2.729 million and the demo (423,000).

Fox’s Tucker Carlson Tonight took second place in both metrics,
      drawing 2.812 million viewers overall and 462,000 in the demo.

The top-rated program on CNN, meanwhile, was Cuomo Prime Time,
      which drew 1.114 million total viewers and 243,000 in the 25-54 demographic.

• andyocoregon says:

Yes, I was one of those happy viewers. I like Dan Bongino. He was a refreshing change from Sean Hannity, who I also like, but who does get a little tiresome at times with his repetition of talking points.

• BigMamaTEA says:

He’s a great guy…Dan is. And honestly, Hannity is doing a bang-up job of helping to keep the pressure on, in addition to what all the rest of us are doing…..(if he’d just let his guests speak!)

THAT is exactly what DC HATES!!So we need to all continue, or add to whatever, cause ,watching H & S tee-vee, and hearings for all these years…..has made me understand…that the squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Every phone call, twat, gab/,email, fax, FB, and then working up, and you’ve got CTH and some other Blogs, not as many as there should be…..and independent researchers, and then we, or I give a lot of found bits & pieces, besides my stash, as many others are doing, and we are all contacting each other, back and forth, and the majority of the good guys, and POTUS keep an eye on here, (not us in comments as much as NUMBERS, and headlines, and of course, more than at least 3 thread link/week is from here.

I post all over , in all formats, for congress-critters (good ones) and email them to Our LION……and, and, I sound like I am stirrin’ up my own sh*t storm, ha! But that’s all blending together……and trust me, if we ALL weren’t doing this…well, Nunes, Jordan, Meadows, etc while they feel it, it’s a rumbling sense of support. Kind of like how we and Trump feel at his Rallys.

The evil ones feel it too…..but differently….they KNOW…somethings is coming….and it’s bigger and meaner than Trump…..and that low rumbling IS MAGA….and we’ve just about had our fill….we call it around here Cold-Anger…..and the older Rats are all probably heavily sedated in some fashion all weekend long….cause they know they have over-stepped……and they are self destructing.

• bjosz says:

BigMamaTEA:
          I notice, and appreciate all that you post. I say “good for your boldness” . And thank you,
          please keep up the good work!! 🙂
          bj

8. Garrison Hall says:

Happy Caterday!!!

9. nwtex says:

❤ ❤ ❤

10. Garrison Hall says:

11. nwtex says:

awwww

Japanese Dwarf Flying Squirrel
    (Photo: Shinji)

12. nwtex says:

Beauty, warmth, charm, sophistication, grace, intellect, impeccable style in clothes etc etc etc.
    Plus she has superb taste in men.

13. Janie M. says:

Awwww, sweet kitty! 💕

14. Janie M. says:

Reflecting back at my time at Parris Island (2/70) which will be half a century ago next February, this song came to mind. Time flies!

15. Lucille says:

Beautiful….
    Cinque Terre & Pisa in 4K

Cinque Terre is a string of centuries-old seaside villages on the rugged Italian Riviera coastline. In each of the 5 towns, colorful houses and vineyards cling to steep terraces, harbors are filled with fishing boats and trattorias. The five towns in Cinque Terre National Park include Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza, and Monterosso. The region is a walking park and visitors must arrive by boat or rail. Cars have been banned for more than 10 years.

Pisa is a city in Italy’s Tuscany region best known for its iconic Leaning Tower. Already tilting when it was completed in 1372, the 56m white-marble cylinder is the bell tower of the Romanesque, striped-marble cathedral that rises next to it in the Piazza dei Miracoli and according to history, the tower switched directions in 1272.

16. nwtex says:

Defacing currency? Illegal, no?

“Loud mouth” ppl of this ilk are un American imho! “Take their coats!”

• dogsmaw says:

• BigMamaTEA says:

Illegal…YES. Reported him from 2 different directions earlier to @SecretService…..
      That cretin is po’d that President Trump and now Treasury Sec’y Mnunchin have both stated that the “Harriet Tubman revamp of the $20 that Obama promised” was not going to happen, because there are much higher priorities than a redesign of the $20….
      Of course that loser selling those stamps to change the $20’s is a dumb-azz white guy, who probably doesn’t even know who Harriet Tubman is, but I promise he voted for Obie!

• TreeClimber says:

I wouldn’t accept them.

• Lucille says:

How about putting her on a $100 bill? Then leftie jihadist Omar would have to stop saying “It’s all about the Benjamins.”

• BigMamaTEA says:

LOL…Lucille…good point…..BUT, I like the Founder, Benjamin Franklin….How about…since we’re already 22 TRILLION DOLLARS overdrawn in our bank account, that doesn’t include promises made for those on the verge of drawing their Social Security, etc…amortized to some death number…..

How about we not do ANYTHING. No one, well I do….. has any idea what it costs to change a design…….they haven’t even finished the roll-out of the last round of changes with the blue stripe thingy for security, in for all denominations!..

It’s ridiculous,it’s just a waste of money WE DON”T HAVE! just the necessary expense of improving security features within the bills in the first place to guard against counterfeiting world-wide, is atrocious. The artist, then the engraver, with all the hidden foo-foo for safety features…then special paper, then printing.

How many welfare programs are they going to cut to offset the expense?

17. GSparrow says:

I enjoyed watching this video of an episode of a BBC TV series. The episode is “Election Blind Date: Nigel Farage and Rachel Johnson.” 2017. The series placed 2 politicians of different political sides together for a “dinner date.” Neither participant knew who the other person would be until they arrived.

• Cisco says:

Really enjoyed that, thank you.

• nwtex says:

You’re quite welcome, Cisco. Very cool, huh.

From the utube-

I once asked Roger why with such a powerful voice like his he was singing on the streets, he replied, “I am in the joy business, I come out here to be with the people.” ❤

18. Dora says:

Pretty Baby

19. dogsmaw says:

20. Dora says:

Edinburgh castle in the background, memorial to Sir Walter Scott in the foreground.

The first time I visited that memorial, I was surprised to see what a handsome man Sir Walter Scott had been. At least according to his statue. I guess I thought he was an old man with a white beard or something . 🙂 Nice memories.

I’d love to go back to Scotland one day, but I”d be afraid of what I’d find there now. (Sigh)

21. Dora says:

I remember this case. Someone went into the Starbucks, killed this young woman, and quickly left. No one was ever prosecuted for the crime.

22. nikkichico7 says:

What Is the Unpardonable Sin?
    MAY 25, 2019

Matthew 12:22-32
    22 Then a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute was brought to Jesus, and He healed him, so that the mute man spoke and saw. 23 All the crowds were amazed, and were saying, This man cannot be the Son of David, can he?” 24 But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, This man casts out demons only by Beelzebul the ruler of the demons.” 25 And knowing their thoughts Jesus said to them, Any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and any city or house divided against itself will not stand. 26 If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then will his kingdom stand? 27 If I by Beelzebul cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? For this reason they will be your judges. 28 But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. 29 Or how can anyone enter the strong man’s house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house. 30 He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters. 31 Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. 32 Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

Today’s passage is a frightening one. The thought that a sin could be so bad that it is unforgivable sometimes leads people to fear that they may have committed it. That’s why it is important to understand the context of this statement, which Jesus made to the Pharisees.

Although they had seen compelling evidence that Jesus was the Messiah, the Pharisees refused to believe in Him. What’s more, they even attributed to Satan the miracles Christ performed by the power of the God’s Spirit. This blasphemy of the Holy Spirit was unforgivable because despite the clearest possible revelation of God, they still weren’t willing to accept Jesus as the Messiah. Their unrepentance prevented them from receiving salvation.

Since people living today do not have the undeniable physical presence of Jesus Christ in the world, the Pharisees’ unforgivable sin doesn’t apply to us. However, it is possible for people to end up in an unpardonable state. This happens when a person repeatedly rejects the Holy Spirit’s conviction of sin and the clear revelation of Jesus Christ as the Savior. With each rejection, the heart becomes harder—eventually the calcification prevents it from sensing any impression God’s Spirit tries to make.

If you are worried that you may have committed the unpardonable sin, then I can assure you that you haven’t, because you are still feeling the conviction of the Spirit. God doesn’t withhold salvation from a repentant sinner who comes to Him for forgiveness through faith in His Son. The only thing that makes sin unforgivable is a hard, unrepentant heart.
    intouch.org
    Dr. Charles Stanley

23. Ausonius says:

Islamic terrorism continues to regroup and march on:

…In total, in the last nine years, soon after Boko Haram launched its insurgency, the jihadis killed over 2,295 teachers and displaced 19,000 in just the northeastern states of Borno, Yobe, and Adamawa.

Boko Haram and its offshoot, the Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP), consider northeastern Nigeria, namely the Sambisa Forest that straddles several states, a safe haven for terrorist activity.

‘This crisis has further devastated the education system as children, teachers, and schools are in the front line of the conflict,” the minister acknowledged, according to Legit.ng.

Borno state is considered the birthplace of Boko Haram.

In 2016, Boko Haram split from ISWAP over leadership differences.

Marking a significant departure from Boko Haram’s ISWAP has cultivated support among local civilians, allowing the terrorist group to turn the neglected communities into a source of economic aid

See:

And where is the outrage?

Quote from an essay by a Catholic priest in the Baltimore Sun:

…Ten percent of Christians worldwide experience persecution. There is the “hard-core” kind, including physical violence against Christians, usually overseas; and the “soft-core” kind, such as religious discrimination and bigotry as we see more of in our country.

But acknowledging it is somehow seen as an affront to “multi-culturalism” or anti-modern.

Meanwhile, people are dying.

Where is the passionate cry of that young man (complaining about the abuse scandal) I met in Washington, that combines courage and wisdom for Christians today, minority and otherwise?

Rev. John J. Lombardi (jlombardi7@verizon.net) is pastor of St. Peter Catholic Church in Hancock, Md.

See:

24. kyblue says:

Heartwarming story of a kitty rescue. And yes, it has a happy ending.
    Happy Caturday..

25. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
    Matthew 26:41 (KJV)

26. wtd says:

600,000 Migrants Enter the United Kingdom in One Year
    More than 600,000 migrants arrived in Britain in 2018 — akin to adding the population of a city the size of Belfast to the population.

Consider this quote from UKExpress Feb. 14, 2017:

“We know there are 2,000 mosques in Britain now, when the Queen came on the throne there was only one.”

• BigMamaTEA says:

They are running out of time in the UK to fix this!

• Janie M. says:

Welp, BigMama, they now have Londonstan (with all its no-go zones) and a muzzie mayor. 😒

• BigMamaTEA says:

That is called Infiltration. All those docs found in that basement …that led to the HolyLand trial….yep, got ’em – read ’em long ago…..Instuction-book like. Playing out over there right now……We’re the next attempt. I think you know that already Janie. {waving hi! I’m lurking secretly at the moment- grin}

• Janie M. says:

BigMama, just finished reading the translated version of this “Plan” over at the Clarion Project… all the details, down to the minutia. Frightening. And we now have 2 of them in Congress… don’t know how many others are embedded in various government agencies – hidden from sight.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Yes ma’am…..It’s all there….and Frank Gaffney’s https://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/ is where I first, at least a dozen years ago….first got my glimpse. That trial, was in Texas, and through Discovery-process, those docs, had previously been in in like a hidden basement, in a home in one of the states, here in the US. (Frank, and Clare Lopez, and Nonie Darwish, and a lot of good people are Fellows there….) I also follow Clarion too. Once’s Frank’s group got them translated…and put in both full and summary format…a lot of us now have them, and have read them.

Not sure how we’re gonna fix this one…..Personally, I find it a cult..but their using freedom of state religion, which is really how the 1st is written….to come here and try, longterm, to change us into a country WITH a “STATE (as in fed gov’t controlled) Mandated religion of Islam.

Interesting….huh?! Yep, until Trump came…..we have been being infiltrated/attacked if you will, and in many cases ,CLINTONS=took $$$ from all, OBIE=Moose limb. and probably Shrub and his PC globullist crap.

27. duchess01 says:

Jesus Loves Babies…Pray for the Unborn

Jesus Loves the Little Children…Pray for the Little Children

Jesus Loves You…Run to Him

28. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

29. kyblue says:

Stephen Miller is right on target. Again.

He blasts the ‘media’ (hah) for the selective outrage over doctored videos – In particular the new one of Nancy Pelosi

30. duchess01 says:

Happy Caturday! Like my new hat?

31. duchess01 says:

American Thinker – May 25, 2019

Herman Wouk and The Language God Talks
    By Frank J. Tipler

• wtd says:

Herman Wouk is my favorite author … with “Inside-Outside” topping the list of his many works. Sadly, he passed away this month. He work is treasured in this house.

• duchess01 says:

He lived a long life, wtd – and he made people think – even if they disagreed with him – they understood from where he was coming – that is quite an accomplishment.

32. Dora says:

A Mafia Princess.

33. Mandy says:

“Renewed US bid to stop Beijing’s South China Sea plans, Bill seeks to sanction those involved in China’s activities in disputed waters

US Republican Senator Marco Rubio and his Democratic counterpart, Senator Ben Cardin, have formally re-introduced the South China Sea and East China Sea Sanctions Act that would “impose sanctions against Chinese individuals and entities that participate in Beijing’s illegitimate activities to aggressively assert its expansive maritime and territorial claims in these disputed regions”.” …

“Sanctions would apply to companies and individuals involved in any way in activities from dredging to construction to transportation to deployment of military hardware.

Additionally, US persons will be prohibited from facilitating certain investments in the South China Sea or East China Sea.

The Bill also provides a list of named Chinese entities, and stipulates that the “Secretary of State shall submit to the appropriate congressional committees a report that identifies each Chinese person the secretary determines is engaged in the activities”.”

more at link:

34. Dani TX says:

Dagen McDowell quoted Kimberly Strassel on Maria Bartiromo’s show that John Durham doesn’t have subpoena power. If hope that’s not true. If that’s the case then Durham will just be issuing a report instead of indictments. We have enough reports we need action.

• kyblue says:

According to an article in NYT, Durham is ‘reviewing ‘ right now and not conducting a criminal investigation. So he indeed has no subpoena power. Yet…

I won’t provide a link but…

WASHINGTON — The federal prosecutor tapped to scrutinize the origins of the Russia investigation is conducting only a review for now and has not opened any criminal inquiry, a person familiar with the matter said on Tuesday.

… Mr. Durham for now will not wield the sort of law enforcement powers that come with an open criminal investigation, such as the ability to subpoena documents and compel witnesses to testify. Instead, he will have the authority only to read documents the government has already gathered and to request voluntary witness interviews”

Hope this info helps, Dani. I’m with you, get with the criminal investigations already.

• Dani TX says:

Thanks so much for the explanation. I may have heard it before but wishful thinking made me hear prosecutor not reviewer!

• kyblue says:

I know. Hopefully, the criminal investigation will come quickly when Durham & his staff see all the evidence. Positive thinking 🥳

• BigMamaTEA says:

kyblue…your not wanting to post actual link, made me look closer…it is the NY Slimes…..not sure you can 100% trust that info.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Um….I don’t think that’s correct, he is a Federal Prosecutor, for the DOJ…, who may already have seated a Grand Jury…..but, if he doesn’t…..AG Barr certainly does, so no problemo!

35. Dora says:

Don’t take it out on her that you don’t like her father. Sasha has turned out to be a beautiful young lady.

• TreeClimber says:

Inside and out or just out? Although yes, having worked at a prom shop and seen how ridiculous those dresses can be, I have to admit I admire her taste in dresses. Simple and elegant.

• Rudy says:

LOL I wouldn’t bet a plug nickel on that little twit being worth a quick kick in the rear.
      Gag a maggot.
      No, NOT pretty or even passable. Or acceptable.
      It’s called ‘bad seed’.
      Try to get this through your head. obama=enemy. Anyone associated as well. NO exceptions.

36. andyocoregon says:

I’ve been watching the DVR’d copy of Fox & Friends this morning and thoroughly am thoroughly enjoying their Memorial Day special show. One of the highlights is the singing group called The American Bombshells, three young ladies who perform classic American songs in the vein of The Andrews Sisters in the 1940’s.
    They’ve sung Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy and God Bless America so far. Excellent harmony. 🙂

37. getfitnow says:

This POTUS has racked up so many “firsts” – here and abroad.

FTA – President Trump on Sunday will award a 60-pound trophy to the next sumo champion in Tokyo, Japan. He will be the first U.S. president to present a trophy to the winner of the summer wrestling tournament while on his visit to the country. However, there has been some question over what the trophy will look like and whether it will have Trump’s name on it. A Japanese Foreign Ministry spokesperson would only say that it will be a “president’s cup” and a senior White House confirmed to reporters that the cup is 54 inches tall and weighs 60-70 pounds.

38. Few nights ago, Misses & I went down to the beach..
    Kure Pier Parking lot..
    Don’t tell the Misses, but I,, went on the pier to see “what was catching”
    I got these images..
    No, Really, I had a gentlemen Whom was taking pictures send on too me via, E-mail
    My phone camera couldn’t get these with-out a filter

Enjoy..

39. kyblue says:

Not sure if the senator from Hawaii boasting of talking to young girlls about abortion has been posted. This senator Hirono has made a name for herself besmirching President Trump’s integrity. I can remember no Republican trashing Obama during his reign of terror. (Except Joe Wilson saying the great divider was a lair about Obamacare – but he was right).

Now Hirono is ‘educating impressible young minds about the wonders of abortion.

Hirono is a despicable human who needs to be squashed. Evil.

40. OlderAndWiser says:

“But I’m stuck like a dope with a thing called hope…”

41. andyocoregon says:

I had to check twice to make sure this was a CNN article. Hard to believe they would come to the support of a young white girl against a group of black dine & dash thugs.

42. andyocoregon says:

Nowata has too much water.

BTW, there are some interesting stories and photos on this News On 6 website.

• BigMamaTEA says:

But andy….it’s all going to be OK! We’ve been through this before, and we’ll go through it again…sometime in the natural weather cycle. (One half or the other of my state deals with either drought or flooding every so many years) We just don’t have a dustbowl of long ago, with smart planning after the Dustbowl years, not only for reservoirs; but strategic tree planting too.

I know it’s interesting though, if you’re not familiar with it. It’s just the way it is when you’ve lived here all your life.