May 21st – 2019 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #852

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

648 Responses to May 21st – 2019 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #852

1. PHC says:

“Democrats continue to toy with the idea of impeaching Donald Trump. On the one hand, it seems easier than trying to defeat him in an election. But on the other hand, there could be a lot of paper work involved plus they’d have to find a place to park near the Capitol building.
    Congressman Jerry Nadler was interviewed while hiding under a bridge in hopes of devouring one of the three billy goats Gruff and he said, “We have fallen into a terrible imaginary crisis while voters just stand around apathetically admiring their new jobs or their new cars or the fact that they can now feed their families. We need to make these people understand how hysterical I am or else we can’t even begin to tear this country apart over nothing.””

Andrew Klavan

2. Dora says:

• dogsmaw says:

• Prettyplease says:

Now that is a “shovel ready” job that I can get behind. If we want to help DJ Trump drain the swamp, in 2020, vote/shovel the stinking piles of manure in Congress out of office state by state.

• Action by Midnight tonight – from Jim Jordan.

I subscribe to get email from Jim Jordan- and got the following email entitled ‘Stopping Socialism” in my inbox – I’m in Canada, (an not an American, but American treepers may be interested…)

Fellow Conservative:

Change in Washington means changing the people we send there, and that means electing courageous freedom fighters who will stand up to the liberals in Congress and support President Trump.

House Freedom Fund has identified six priority candidates who need your support before midnight. These candidates have records of fighting for less government and more freedom for all Americans, which is why they are being targeted by the Democrats.

Please contribute to these candidates right now.
      Dan Bishop (R-NC)
      Ted Budd (R-NC)
      Yvette Herrell (R-NM)
      Greg Murphy (R-NC)
      Scott Perry (R-PA)
      Chip Roy (R-TX)
      We need these leaders in Congress to help carry out President Trump’s agenda and to stop Nancy Pelosi and other liberals from enacting socialist policies that rob us of our freedoms.

The liberals want job-crushing regulations, higher taxes, open borders, felon voting, and legalized infanticide. It’s an extremely dangerous agenda that must be stopped.

Please help us create a firewall for freedom by contributing to these six candidates before midnight tonight.
      HFF Priority
      Candidates
      House Freedom Fund will pay all processing expenses and transfer 100% of your candidate contributions to their campaigns.

Time is short so please do what you can.

Thank you for considering this request and for standing with us in the fight for America’s future.

Sincerely,

JIM JORDAN
      U.S. Congressman, R-Ohio

• George Hicks says:

Living in NY, I have zero representation. From my two loser Senators to my House Rep., they all espouse political ideology counter to mine.
        Even my State Legislature has turned completely nuts now that they have finally obtained a Dem majority!
        And so I have been relegated to living a political life vicariously through those who actually have one or two reps that agree with their views. For that reason, I feel the need to donate to the House Freedom Fund.

3. dogsmaw says:

• soozword says:

Go Ben!!!!! There are probably dozens of other opportunities to squeeze out illegals in HUD and HHS. It’s your turn Alex Azar to follow Dr. Carson’s couregeous lead.

• Bendix says:

I was waiting for Doctor Ben to do something about HUD.
        They’ve been pushing a globalist agenda at taxpayer expnse, while doing nothing for Americans, since the Carter era.
        Remember Jimmuh was against the forced introduction of different “groups” into America’s neighborhoods?
        They are still at it, under the cover of ‘efficiency’ and global warming.
        It’s about time this stopped.
        We import people to fill taxpayer subsidized housing.
        I don’t want to see LEGAL immigrants in public housing.

• andyocoregon says:

Did you mean to say “ILLEGAL” aliens?

• Bendix says:

Them too, Andy, but I did mean legal immigrants.
            Public housing fills up with immigrants as fast as it gets built.
            Does it make sense to import people to be subsidized by the taxpayer, when there isn’t enough affordable housing for all the AMERICANS who need it?
            Of course I don’t want illegals (like Obama’s aunt) in public housing, but people shouldn’t move here to get cheap housing either.

• andyocoregon says:

I had some errands to do this afternoon and went on the side streets to get to my destination. A few miles from home I drove past a large, older mobile home park full of older single and double wides many of which appeared to be from the 50’s or 60’s.
      Along came a 40 foot school bus towards me with his overhead lights flashing, so of course I stopped a safe distance from the bus and waited for the children to disembark.
      About 30 or 40 kids got off that bus at the one bus stop and every single one of them was either Mexican or otherwise dark skinned latinos with jet black hair. 3 or 4 big fat mamas came out to escort the bunch back up into the mobile home park.
      I’d really like to know if they receive government assistance on their rent in that place. And I wonder how many of them are possibly here illegally.
      I’m accustomed to seeing a diverse racial makeup of school kids getting off school buses around here, but it was striking that there were no black or white kids among this group.

4. dwpender says:

Anyone else sick of SECRECY?

The ultimate joke is this afternoon. Congress demands a “confidential” briefing on why POTUS pulled some staff out of our Iraqi consulate. The Administration sends over a delegation to tell 535 members (and surely at least 1 staff member for each) the “secret” intelligence the American people could not be told.

Watch how many legislators run for microphones to let us know what they “can” tell us about the “secret” briefing that over 1000 people just got.

ABSURD.

• Ilcon says:

Wasn’t just the Senate?

• alligatriot says:

Not sick of secrecy in and of itself. Sick of the culture of non-enforcement of existing laws – of all types.
      The trend of the past 30+ years to not prosecute that class of, generally, politicians because they have somehow risen above the law is our nation’s downfall.

The result of no rule of law is – chaos.

• andyocoregon says:

I don’t know why the Dems in Congress demand any more military intelligence briefing on the pullout of non-essential staff from Iraq. The reason is obvious from recent news articles like this one below. Within days of the withdrawal of many staff members, an Iran made rocket came down in The Green Zone.

• andyocoregon says:

Sorry for posting the NYT article. I usually try not to do that, but didn’t notice the source this time until it was too late.

• Ilcon says:

It’s a NYT piece. Cuccinelli conspired with Mike Lee to throw the nomination to House of Rep. at the RNC convention. I hope not.

• Landslide says:

Yeah, saw that. (NYT) Guess we’ll find out soon enough. Hope he has ditched his credential-throwing attitude, but I know little about him. Need to go research.

• Deb says:

He’s a two time loser in the governor race, ran a lukewarm campaign and now the Dems control Virginia. He’s conservative and pro-life, but also pretty establishment. Didn’t back PDJT in 2016. He seems decent enough to have learned from his mistakes, but I’m not sure what would make him qualified for DHS.

• Lulu says:

Why would he choose that Never-Trump chamber of commerce first hack?

• Sandra-VA says:

He isn’t going to head DHS but he will reportedly get a position at DHS most likely. One that doesn’t require confirmation… mostly because he has same position as the President on immigration.

• Tparty says:

I guess it matters where you get your ‘reporting from. Most of what I have read indicates he is a never Trumper with the same policy positions as the previous head of DHS. Where is this reporting you speak of?

5. rustybritches says:

My Friends, for a while now we keep hearing a little rumor about maybe Michele Running for President and I heard this morning that she is quietly raising a lot of money and Obama just opened a new pac for people to contribute money too it would be used in the General for who ever wins and why would anyone not think that in the end it wont be her. She has been telling people that she wants to win the white house, What a liar she is She said the White House was like a prison to her and she hated every min she had to spend there and Why in the world would anyone want to go back to the failed policies of Obama and the 8 years he spent trying to bring this country to its knees She would be less able to travel and do all the perks she use to think was so great when Obama was in office. They should really just go some where and live out side of the U S
    He could be going to jail and by the time 2020 rolls around They might all be in jail or in Gitmo..

I know, I for one do not want that slug back in the white house and I would fight every day to make sure that does not happen, I had the misfortune of having to Watch one of Michele speeches and by the time it was over I thought that she was one of the most Racist terrible humon beings that I ever had to listen too and would never do so again, She has nothing to run on and nothing to give to this country anymore than her husband did and should we go back to those times We get what we deserve.

6. Occasional Cortex schoolz us on “Colonial” foods. https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breaking/every-time-she-opens-her-mouth-something-insanely-stupid-falls-out/
    There is an unfathomable level of stupid in this inbred woman.

• Justin Green says:

Posting a teaser, lol. You can’t make this stuff up.

“So that’s really how you do it right. That is such a core component of the Green New Deal is having all of these projects make sense in a cultural context, and it’s an area that we get the most pushback on because people say, ‘Why do you need to do that? That’s too hard.’”

I read it twice. Still have no idea what she’s talking about. It’s like watching a stoner movie every time I hear or read something she’s said.

At least Pelosi is old and senile and has an excuse for being this incoherent.

• Bendix says:

She’s pushing someone else’s agenda and trying to make it look as if it came from her.
        The Green New Deal is really having one person from a small district assuming dictatorial powers over everyone else in America.

• TazioNuvolari says:

She is more than just stupid, she is brain dead. For one thing, a “community garden”, at least around here, is planted by people in the community. They plant what they like to eat.

Another thing, she’s in NYC talking about planting plantain (banana) trees. I doubt a tropical plant like that would do well in NYC, same as desert plant the yucca, but you go right ahead dearie.

7. NJF says:

How is this legit? Even if he wasn’t a top critic of this administration, he hasn’t been his former role for 2 years?

8. Justin Green says:

It seems that Democrats, when running the Executive Branch, preferred to make laws and selectively enforce the laws they liked (in doing so, acting as both Legislative Branch and Judicial Branch instead of an actual Executive Branch).

Now that they’re slowly being cleaned out of the Executive Branch, Democrats in Congress have taken it upon themselves to suddenly become the Executive Branch and Judicial Branch in attempting to judge and enforce laws instead of actually making any good laws.

All to benefit themselves monetarily and harm the people and their political opponents.

This is disgusting.

9. Bendix says:

A local supermarket had remodeled one of its stores into a specialty store, and had sent me a coupon for several dollars off if I bought 50 dollars worth of groceries at that particular store.
    I don’t usually buy my groceries in large amounts at once lately, I go to the store more frequently.
    But anyway I thought that the big discount was too good a deal to pass up, on things I would have bought anyway, so off I went to the store with a list in hand.
    I ended up with more groceries than I thought, to make it to fifty dollars. At the time I thought nothing of it, it was an atypical shopping trip, but after reading the Bannon is a demon article just now, I realize that I have been seeing lower food prices for a while now.

That’s something the MSM never mentioned during the Obama administration. People were seeing what would have been their disposable income going for food.

I’m still seeing “pundits” claiming American consumers are going to be harmed by this.
    No we won’t. I don’t know anybody who wanted flimsy tools or toys with lead in them.
    And much of the clothing being manufactured overseas was getting pretty darn expensive, anyway.

• Debra says:

I just commented to my husband, ‘who needs $150 pair of tennis shoes anyway,’ as the big brands are crying about shoe tariffs.

• Prettyplease says:

Bendix, exactly! The quality of workmanship that was coming from overseas has definitely diminished. Yet, the cost has doubled in tripled at the same time. That was way before tariffs . We have a “high-end“ brand name outlet shopping mall in our area. Some of those stores function on overruns and leftovers and seasonals that did not sell in their other stores. Most of the stores, however, sell a cheaper knock off of what used to be a quality brand at a somewhat reduced price. People come up here in droves to buy this stuff and congratulate themselves on their great deals. All for the sake of having the right label or tag on their clothing and accessories. SMH

• piper567 says:

New Balance has an indicator for product made in the USA. Lots of product made here.
        I have worn NB for yrs, among other brands, and really do like them.
        they are becoming “trendy”, but still have “normal” running and walking shoes.
        so far they are not involved in politics.

• Bendix, I have noticed that the quality of the clothing and other products manufactured over seas seemed to be diminishing.

Clothing that shrinks and fades with one or two washings, small appliances that only last one or two years etc. And while we do not buy the most expensive we do not buy the cheapest either.

Over about the last five years or so the quality of everything manufactured over seas and shipped here has gone downhill fast.

I was wondering if our overseas Over Lords had taken for granted their monopoly of production and had started to cut corners because they did not think the U.S. would ever do anything about it.

They were very sure of their position in the global situation and thought they could do just about anything they wanted.

We were going to be stuck buying their cheap junk and that was all there was to it.

Again I just have to say it God Bless Pres Trump.

• Bendix- So right you are. All my life (as a financial analyst-) in fact since 6th grade I’ve heard that “protectionism” brings higher consumer prices and less choices at market. While that makes perfect sense in class, in reality there are so many more dynamic and mitigating variables. The reality is that American goods (best in the world thank you very much) are largely made in response to American consumer demands and by the envy of the world American creativity and innovation. The academic argument does not capture any of that. Now I’m delightfully educated by the wisdom in Hassett’s and Trump’s economic wisdom proven in real time. First quality at lower prices!
      BTW did you see Bannon, Joe Kernan and Loopy Freeman on CNBS? I CANT BELEIVE Bannon had the bazingas to call out “The City Of London” as a key actor in making us all serfs. Absoutly BRILLINAT! (sorry for YELLING- I’m just so happy about all of this!!)

the link: (PS anybody IF you don’t know what the City Of London is look it up- it’s the One World Banker’s version of Vatican City)

• Justin Green says:

Completely free trade would ultimately degrade the American way of life. I agree with you, and had a rare, conservative graduate education in economics. The issue becomes that “free trade” isn’t free. We don’t see a billion Chinese or a billion Indians building 2,000 square foot homes, consuming natural resources and increasing urban sprawl.

That said, I’m not liberal by any means. Free trade, if it were absolutely free, isn’t a zero-sum game. If more people in China could afford iPhones and housing, the market by definition is bigger.

So, if we had completely free trade, you’d see a much bigger gain in standard of living by peoples like the Chinese and Indians as compared to people in the US.

I’m fine with that. What we don’t want is a “controlled decline” where the oligarchy simply unemploys Americans in favor of the Chinese and the Chinese oligarchy keeps all the money to itself. The Chinese oligarchy isn’t a market. They create waste by taking large chunks of that wealth gain and distorting prices by buying up American companies or ports or other large ticket price purchases.

It’s certainly complicated. And like Milton Friedman, I’d support completely free trade and completely open borders if everyone played by the same rules and we all had either no welfare system or the same welfare system.

It’s an interesting theoretical discussion that will never be put into play because of corruption.

• InAz says:

And pet food filled with poison.

• Justin Green says:

I always take CPI news with a grain of salt. However, the data, when analyzed, does point out something significant.

Items produced overseas have tended to fall in price, while services provided here have increased in price. A hamburger at McDonalds is twice the price it was a decade ago, but a TV or computer has fallen, even adjusting for the increase in performance.

School tuition is a fine example. Almost all based upon human capital. I say almost, because as the government subsidizes more and more debt for students, the colleges have soaked up that money and transformed campuses into 5-star resorts instead of schools.

10. Dora says:

I wonder if she knows what impeachment means.

11. youme says:

No mainstream reporting

• youme says:

“Both Cummings and Rockeymoore refused to discuss the allegations with the Washington Examiner. Cummings did not answer questions about the overlap between companies with interests before his committee and donors to his wife’s foundation. Rockeymoore did not respond to request for comment.”

Cummings recently subpoenaed Trump’s financial records, prompting the president to sue him in an effort to block the subpoena. Cummings struggled with serious financial problems after joining Congress over 20 years ago. His house was placed in foreclosure, at one point; he owed $30,000 in unpaid taxes to the IRS; and he was taken to court multiple times for thousands in unpaid debts. Cummings said his financial difficulties were due to his hefty child support payments.

Since marrying Rockeymoore 11 years ago, Cummings’ financial outlook has improved considerably, according to financial disclosure reports and property records. The couple currently owns two rental properties in Baltimore worth between $250,000 and $500,000 each, and last year, they sold their three-bedroom Victorian row house in northwest Washington, D.C. for $896,000.”

12. NJF says:

Snort

13. youme says:

IRS Complaint Filed Against Wife of Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD)
    National Legal and Policy Center (NLPC) today filed a Complaint with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) against the Center for Global Policy Solutions (CGPS), a 501(c)(3) organization headed by Maya Rockeymoore Cummings, wife to Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD).

Mrs. Cummings is currently Chair of the Maryland Democratic Party and is a former candidate for Governor. Rep. Cummings is Chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Reform.

The Complaint describes a score of apparent Internal Revenue Code violations, including prohibited private benefit and inurement of the Cummings. CGPS has received millions in grants from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and, in late 2017, was granted a million-dollar contract from the General Services Administration. The funds were purportedly provided to fight childhood obesity. The Complaint asks the IRS to investigate whether “its organizers are getting fat off the grants.”

At the same time she heads CGPS, Mrs. Cummings heads a for-profit consulting firm called Global Policy Solutions, LLC, whose operations appear to have been indistinguishable from those of CGPS. The two entities have shared office space, telephones, etc., all of which are flagrant violations of the Internal Revenue Code.

Another of the cited violations is a failure to provide or disclose a copy of IRS Form 990 when requested. According to Tom Anderson, director of NLPC’s Government Integrity Project, who uncovered the violations, “Rep. Cummings is demanding President Trump’s tax returns and financial records. It looks like he has some tax problems of his own.”

14. rustybritches says:

This morning on OANN There is an Article about China and their housing problems and talking about all the housing now that are standing empty because people in 2016 could afford all those high prices but not now, and people in the small shops are suffering because they have no orders coming in but yet The Chinese have begin to sing a song about how they are going to beat Americans in this fight and Today on Charles Paine show He was quite giddy about them playing it and thought it was so cute, Well MR Paine I use to think you were a great American too but Your becoming just another on Fox who is following the bull crap that Fox is putting out lately
    We are in the fight of our Lives right now, and neither side wins in things like this, but I do remember after Obama took office that those same Chinese were saying how stupid the Americans were and that one day soon, We were all going to be working for them, Well President Trump is making sure that will not happen and I am sorry that China is hurting but they have been getting billions of our dollars for many years and they have tried to use that money to take advantage of other countries right along with ours..

• Free Speech says:

Hoping the Chinese lose only if it will show them they are on the wrong side of God with atheistic Communism, and that nothing can be accomplished without Him.

15. wtd says:

On May 20th a new organization called “Stand Against Communism” held a press conference at the National Press Club in Washington, DC.

The Democratic Party has been infiltrated by socialists, Marxists, and outright communists at every level, from precinct chairman to multiple presidential candidates.
    Starting May 20th this takeover of the Democratic Party will be publicly exposed until the party takes firm action to remove these subversives from its ranks.

Speakers will include Authors Bishop E.W. Jackson, Jerome Corsi, Diana West, Robert Knight, Trevor Loudon, and Virginia Tea Party leader Nelson Velez.

Below are two videos discussing this endeavor:

Who Will Save Us From Communism? (Part One)

Who Will Save Us From Communism? (Part Two)

(hat tip: NoisyRoom via VladTepesblog)

• Dutchman says:

The REPUBLICAN party has ALSO been taken over by, or ‘infiltrated’by Conmunists, at every level and THAT is both the great strength of the enemy, and therefore also its greatest weakness.

The Dems are a DISTRACTION, keeps us voting for R, cause its worse than D, when in fact its the SAME.

Unless we expunge the Conmunists from the Republican party, efforts against Dems will simply be a distraction.

16. youme says:

17. “Fundamentally, the Democrats consider ‘the impeachment(!) of an American President’ to be a P-O-L-I-T-I-C-A-L(!!) question.” They’re obviously holding their licked-fingers into the political winds to figure out what to do.

But the US Constitution clearly says that “impeachment” is an avenue of last resort, to be undertaken in the face of “high CRIMES and misdemeanors.” (In other words, “not politics.”)

Having squandered more than $35 MILLION dollars of Taxpayer Money on Lawyers – only to come up with nothing – I’m no longer willing to watch these people obsessively pursue what is obviously just their own political agenda, at my expense.

• snarkybeach says:

what needs to be pointed out, high and low, is the Dem congress is wasting time on investigations and show hearings, instead of passing a budget or legislating.

• gsonFIT says:

They are going to impeach and this will be certain dem candidates primary campaign platform (they dont have much else) . There unsuccessful impeachment will also be used to defend the criminal president Obama and his minions in the history books.

“Oh yeah there was spying that was connected to obama but the guy that accused him was being impeached “

18. Dora says:

19. Jenevive says:

Senate confirmed another judge to the ninth circuit today and
    has invoked cloture on at least 4 more district court judges..

20. dogsmaw says:

21. trishinsouthernillinois says:

22. youme says:

The dissent in the 4th Circuit DACA case provides a preview of how #SCOTUS will resolve the issue: the rescission is not reviewable, and therefore there is no need to decide whether DACA was lawful in the first place.

The dissent has it right: ”To hold otherwise permits the Judicial Branch to invade the province of the Executive and impair the carefully constructed separation of powers laid out in our Constitution.”

Much of the Fourth Circuit panel ruling is about the administration’s decision to rescind DACA, concluding “…it was not adequately explained and thus was arbitrary and capricious.”

I do not plan to write anything at length on this topic until (a) Judge Hanen resolves the Texas challenge (oral args in July) or (b) #SCOTUS grants cert. At this point, the Court of Appeals merely maintain the status quo.

23. Sandra-VA says:

Geez…. Nadler is now subpoenaing Hope Hicks! Are they going to pay her way?

24. dogsmaw says:

25. pucecatt says:

I personally don’t think they are negotiating with Mueller at all , it’s a stall tactic . Smoke and mirrors.

• For Eyes says:

They are desperately seeking things to be indignant and angry about. They don’t want hear from Mueller. They only want to complain and its Mueller’s turn today.

26. wtd says:

BREAKING: Pelosi Calls for Special Meeting at 9AM Wednesday on Trump Impeachment https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/05/breaking-pelosi-calls-for-special-meeting-at-9am-wednesday-on-trump-impeachment/ … via @gatewaypundit

• Timmy-the-Ute says:

As I have always felt, if they do it it will be before Summer kicks in and not really for any real crime. Would be just to satisfy their base.

• linda4298 says:

It’s going nowhere in the senate, their base is going to be disappointed that Potus isn’t going anywhere, they think this means he goes, haha.

• linda4298 says:

She said on morning schmoe that the republicans “aren’t there yet” meaning the senate, if she does this she is toast.

• Dutchman says:

IMHO, The whole thrust to make a case for Obstruction, from the outset, was to give Republicons in both Houses of Congress ‘political cover’ ,…i.e an EXCUSE to vote for impeachment.

They don’t NEED a reason, the RepubliCON leadership WANTS to Impeach.

If PDJT had fired Mueller, as he,was SUPPOSED to, he would already have BEEN impeached, with PLENTY of RepubliCons in both Houses voting “YES”.

• fanbeav says:

Either they have the evidence to impeach or they don’t!

• Concerned Virginian says:

The House does not have ANY “evidence” of collusion and JUST ENOUGH garbage from Mueller’s report about “he could not exonerate” POTUS on obstruction (even though it WAS NOT Mueller’s brief or scope of work to “exonerate” anybody).
        However, the DemocratCommunists and the NeverTrumpers in the House don’t care.
        My opinion: it was Pelosi’s plan ALL ALONG to profess publicly “there will be no impeachment” but behind the scenes to prepare for impeachment to start by Independence Day of this year.

27. Dennis Leonard says:

This goes along with this thread,cue to 15:33 and listen to the reincarnated Margret Thatcher,as she speaks for the Brexit party,they and us are on a parallel course of action.

Dennis Leonard says:
    May 21, 2019 at 4:42 pm

This link should take you there,says ended but click play,

28. Ozark says:

Well, you always count on good old Karl Rove,
    “Trump 2020 Has An Uphill Battle In Rust Belt States”

29. Dora says:

• Trump is bringing truth and reason to “enviroemotionalism”,
      womon, children, and climate advocates most offended.

• thedoc00 says:

So, if president Trump writes a regulation (i.e. interprets an etsablished law) or EO , it is so etched in stone that it cannot be changed by a future President or more importantly new legislation?? If that is the case it must be a pretty darn good rule the President put in place.

Do these people if understand what they are reading or saying??

30. Dora says:

• FofBW says:

in other words, he needs more money.

• linda4298 says:

Is he in a red district in Ca.?

• soozword says:

No, but there might be a slight potential in the future given an Asian-majority, albeit probably a large percentage under high-tech corporate influence (from Wikipedia): “California’s 17th congressional district is a congressional district in the U.S. state of California that is currently represented by Ro Khanna. The district is located in the South and East San Francisco Bay Area. The district includes parts of Alameda County and Santa Clara County. It encompasses the cities of Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Santa Clara, Milpitas, Newark, the majority of Fremont, and the northernmost part of San Jose. The district includes the campus of Santa Clara University, and the corporate headquarters of Apple Inc, Intel Corp., Yahoo, and eBay. It is the only majority-Asian district in the United States outside of Hawaii…..

Median income $124,131[1]
        Ethnicity
        26.8% White
        2.4% Black
        49.7% Asian
        17.5% Hispanic
        3.7[2]% other”

• I don’t know why Asians would vote Dem. Their values are much more aligned with Conservatives. They are hard working, achievement oriented and like to make money.

• Dekester says:

I think it is because the media have done a masterful job of painting Conservatives a racist.

Nonsense of course, but the MSM always talk about the ultra right. Ever heard the term ultra left? Me neither.

God bless PDJT

• soozword says:

As I recall from a detailed Eagle Forum report a few years ago on immigrant voting patterns, Asians were around the low 60% for Republicans, lower than whites but significantly higher than Hispanics and definitely blacks. Many of those Asians in that district work in high tech so the liberal company culture could influence them. But the more entrepreneurial ones outside of those corporate walls are probably quite pro-Trump/MAGA.

• linda4298 says:

No we don’t need McGahn to testifiy, this is over and done.

31. sc conserv. says:

Ryan James Girdusky
    @RyanGirdusky
    “There’s a long list of existing statute that gives @realDonaldTrump
    to power to fix this problem on his own:
    8 U.S.C. § 1182(f)
    8 U.S.C. § 1222(a)
    8 U.S.C. § 1225(b)(1)(A)(i) and (b)(1)(B)(iii)(IV)
    18 U.S.C. § 1001
    8 U.S.C. § 1158(a)(2)(C) ”

this tweet was a great response to the President’s tweet that Mexico is not doing his job for him.

• The legislative branch needs to be part of the solution, instead of being absentee legislators that are delinquent on their citizen support.

• soozword says:

Well, until that far off day Congress finally gets off their collective a$$es he DOES have the power to help relieve the situation. And each time he does use his executive power and they try to block him, it reinforces to the public that Congress does not have their interest or safety in mind. Those attempted blocks provide opportunities for powerful election messaging to remind them over and over of that fact and how voters can make a difference in 2020!

• thedoc00 says:

Thus far the courts have disagreed with his interpretation of the law and thwarted his using the law (including U.S.C.). Or have you missed that part. That is how the court system is being used in place of new legislation, shop for the proper set of judges who will strike down a presidential interpretation.

It s the only thing the McConnell run Senate is doing that is of much use, reshaping courts. Yet, every left leaning federal district court has to be rebalanced under the current environment. The other need is to the DoJ to win the case before the Supreme Court that stops a Federal District Court from issuing decisions with impact outside the district of that court.

So, you and like minded folks can bash away at the President to use any pertinent law you desire to list. So, far there is a District Court room found to thwart the application of those laws or codes.

32. Eric says:

Anyone following this very suspicious scandal in Austria involving the nationalist populist Freedom Party (FPO)? Two days before the EU elections, it appears some intelligence agency (possibly foreign) released a video tape of the Vice Chancellor meeting with the niece of a Russian oligarch TWO YEARS ago. The Chancellor – Kurz, the young guy Trump met with a few months ago – has kicked out FPO leadership. Speculation is that he is a closet globalist. Merkel, of course has already weighed in saying this is evidence that the “far right” can’t be trusted.

33. citizen817 says:

Nunes, Collins…

34. aisheschayal says:

Ugh, I only listened for a minute to see what they were up to and it was a mistake. ABC evening news starts off literally shouting that P.T. is blocking McGahn from testifying about real obstruction evidence they are sure he has. Never mind he already testified for 40 hrs, and Muler found nothing to worry about, they fail to mention this. Next, on the agenda the latest push for impeachment, never mind they do not present any reason for this claim, they are blasting that the call for impeachment will be mobilized. They make me so sick!! Not a word about what is really happening with the spying, FISA investigation, etc., nothing, mum, it’s not happening in their world. B_______!

35. Dora says:

36. WeThePeople2016 says:

• thedoc00 says:

Quick look at Aerospace Corporation: The Aerospace Corporation is a California nonprofit corporation that operates a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) headquartered in El Segundo, California. The corporation provides technical guidance and advice on all aspects of space missions to military, civil, and commercial customers.[1] As the FFRDC for national-security space, Aerospace works closely with organizations such as the United States Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) and the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) to provide “objective technical analyses and assessments for space programs that serve the national interest”. Although SMC and NRO are the primary customers, Aerospace also performs work for civil agencies as well as international organizations and governments in the national interest.

Interesting and maybe a good change, that its not another traditional pick of a Boeing, Lockheed or Northrop CEO or CFO. Let’s see how this plays out.

37. Sherri Young says:

Thank you, Dear Father God! I prayed for this guy’s exit this morning.

“Earlier Tuesday, longtime aide Johnny DeStefano announced plans to leave his post by the end of the week to pursue work in the private sector.

DeStefano was one of a handful of advisers left from the beginning of Trump’s presidency and was seen as an emissary to Capitol Hill Republicans as well as a key figure in crafting the White House’s strategy during the 2018 midterm elections.

He is reportedly expected to take on advisory work for the e-cigarette maker Juul, in addition to helping Trump’s reelection campaign.”

DeStefano will more likely try to resist PDJT’s re-election, but at least he no longer will be making hiring decisions re White House staff.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!!!!

38. snarkybeach says:

NPR was in a lather over the death of a child in CBP custody. while the ACLU lawyer was blaming the president & CBP for not flying the kid first class to a hospital, it sounds like he was already sick before trekking across MX to illegally cross a border.

39. wtd says:

I wrote this letter to @POTUS asking that the early release of John Walker Lindh be stopped. He’s going to be released on May 23, despite reports that he has continued to “advocate for global jihad.” This is not a reformed prisoner…

40. Troublemaker10 says:

Hollywood is sick, sick, twisted sick.

• Jan PT says:

That poster is actually not so bad, just a neo-feminist role reversal.
      The whole thing probably evolved from the twist in the play on words of “heads of state”.
      If it were a vicious anti-conservative attack, Melania would NOT be the “head honcho”…
      But who is the dude on the right? Her left, I mean? Looks like some old Russian anarchist.
      And who are in the group held at gunpoint by those two wymen in the background, presumably about to be beheaded too?
      The resolution of the pic is lousy…

41. wtd says:

First amendment casualty in the USA….

A Casualty of the Long March Through the Institutions, by Elisabeth Sabaditsch-Wolff via Gates of Vienna blog

“….Two weeks ago I attended a conference hosted and organized by my dear friend Dr. Karen Siegemund, president of American Freedom Alliance, in Los Angeles. The topic of the conference was prescient in so many ways:

“The Long March Through the Institutions: The Left’s Revolution by Other Means”

The roster of knowledgeable speakers included David Horowitz, Trevor Loudon, Jim Simpson, Maj. Stephen Coughlin, Charlie Kirk, Michael Walsh, Bill Whittle, and many more. In short, Karen assembled an astounding line-up of experts on the subject matter who were able to educate the large crowd.

Little did she know it, but Karen was about to become the latest victim of the Left’s destruction of America’s liberties. Only a few hours after the end of this successful conference, Karen was told her teaching contract would not be renewed. She was fired for being too outspoken about her political views….”

read the rest at the link

42. CorwinAmber says:

another Trump judge! 53-46…he must be good! Congrats to Daniel P. Collins on his confirmation to the notorious Ninth Court of Appeals. I think that makes it 16 Dimms and 11 GOP appointees…and our VSG POTUS has two more to go! MAGA y’all!

43. Honest Abbey says:

I’m guessing Nadler will continue to issue subpoenas until he finally gets a taker……. my money is on OMAROSA 😂

I bet she can hardly sleep at night wondering where her subpoena is.

• andyocoregon says:

I wish he’d issue a subpoena to me that I could ignore, then receive a Contempt of Congress citation I could frame and hang on my wall. I’d consider it a real badge of honor.

44. Troublemaker10 says: