Monday May 20th – Open Thread

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER US FROM EVIL. For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

201 Responses to Monday May 20th – Open Thread

1. DanDeplorable says:

DAILY DEVOTIONAL, May 20, 2019

“Debt Free, Indebted To Thee”

• 3rdday61 says:

Lord,
      Thank you for all of your wonderful blessings.
      Thank you for all those who have given the ultimate sacrifice in protecting our nation.
      Thank you for exposing the evils that have plagued the upper reaches of our nations law enforcement.
      Lord I pray for the health and recovery for all those suffering ailments especially my two family members who are currently in the hospital.
      Thank you, Lord.
      Amen

• 3rdday61:

With you all the way.

A word about being thankful:

Most anybody who is familiar with Scripture knows Romans Chapter 1, especially because of Paul’s searing indictment against perversion, that is, sexual perversion. But many years ago something struck me like a bolt of lightning in that chapter.

Romans 1:21…….

Notice the 2 aspects he clearly declares:

1. They did not glorify God.
        2. They were unthankful.

It’s #2 that woke me up to a greater understanding of how sinful it is to not be thankful. #1 is a given, but I never saw #2 so clearly. And Paul made sure to write that before getting into the deeper, lost and vile position of those who he would describe as being given over to their vile passions. They had become reprobate with seared consciences, a point where God says, Enough! You’re finished. You’re gone. We look around and see the militant hardened heart of the homosexual community….certain things add up.

And to think, that at the first, Paul wrote they were unthankful.

It makes me reverentially fear and tremble before God to be sure I am thankful to Him for all His blessings, great and small. Me thinks that if a person fails to thank God, said person gets hard-hearted little by little until they end up stone cold to God.

Just my own thoughts about that.

Shalom and be blessed this week!

• 3rdday61 says:

Thank you Angelle. I would seriously be surprised if there is anyone on earth who thanks the Lord as often as I do. I’m not bragging or exaggerating one iota.
          I know WHOSE I am, WHAT I’ve been given, WHY I am here and WHERE I am going WHEN God is done with me here.
          Study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman that need not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Tim 2:15

• 3rdday:

I think I could run a pretty good race with you on that one considering the many times this life should have ended. But I certainly appreciate knowing and hearing somebody speak prolifically about being thankful.

I can’t help but think of those verses in Psalms 68:9 (He daily loads us with benefits) and Lamentations 3:22-23 about His mercies being renewed every morning.

That means that no matter what, how bad our circumstances may be at any given point, He is giving us something good, even when we are not able to understand His great and divine processes of His works with and within and for us.

Shalom always!

• PS: And I will offer up my prayer for your family members. May God bless and comfort them with His peace so that they don’t suffer from fear. Amen.

• RyderLee says:

Amen , 3rdday61.
        Prayers for your Family .

2. citizen817 says:

3. Good early am Monday morning all!

On for a little bit to post my weekly response/reply to Rynn69’s weekly over on the Presidential thread. However, Rynn has changed their time for that from 12:20am to 6am. So I am posting it ahead this week since I will not be able to post it as a reply at 6am later this morning.

Been an exciting week with lots of stuff coming out. Only God knows where it will all land, but I sure hope it lands in Lady Justice’s lap so she can box it up and ship it out on the next freighter to hell. The passenger manifest should be a very long one! I think we can all agree on that, right?

Hope all of you have a great week in your individual circumstances.

Praying for you patrickhenrycensored! You too Weeper. And all our sick Treepers.

Shalom and God speed to all here in this great Tree House!

• warrprin1 says:

Be careful out there, Angelle, wherever you may be. May our dear Father God keep you safe, in good health, and successful in your endeavor. Keeping you in my prayers. wp1

• Thank you warrprin1.

Believe me when I say, there is no one single prayer from Treepers that I take lightly. Every one is a jewel and contributes as a rock of strength every day and every week.

Our God is FAITHFUL & TRUE, always and forever.

Be blessed, friend,
        Shalom and God speed!

4. Stillwater says:

I’ve Discovered The Way Of Gladness – Dick Anthony & Bill Pearce

5. Garrison Hall says:

6. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Words Well Chosen

We have all had the unfortunate experience in life of having to speak with someone who is demeaning and offensive in how they approach a matter. They seem to relish putting people on the spot. Somehow they think that taking a hard-hitting approach will drive home their point more effectively. Usually the opposite is true, because their manner of speech is speaking more loudly than what is being said. Rather than relationships being strengthened, they are destroyed by abrasive words.

This type of response from the unsaved shouldn’t surprise us, but it should never be true of a believer in Christ. Sadly though, it is becoming increasingly true in the Christian community. One of the graces that nearly has been lost in the Church today is tact. Tact is a “keen sense of what to do or say in order to maintain good relations with others or to avoid offense.” Essentially, it is having perception and grace when dealing with others. The Apostle Paul was a seasoned veteran in the art of tact. While he could be firm when it came to confronting error, he always did so with grace, hoping to restore the offender. More often than not, however, he exercised tact to accomplish his purpose.

A good example is when Paul addressed his countrymen in Jerusalem who were determined to take his life. As he was being led away to the castle, he requested that the chief captain allow him to speak to the unruly mob. We’re sure this probably seemed to be a strange request to the Roman captain, but he gave Paul permission to speak to his countrymen.

“Men, brethren, and fathers, hear ye my defense which I make now unto you. (And when they heard that he spake in the Hebrew tongue to them, they kept the more silence: and he saith,) I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel…” (Acts 22:1-3).

Before Paul shared his conversion on the road to Damascus, he, tactfully addressed them with titles of respect, “men, brethren, and fathers.” Then he perceptively spoke to them in the Hebrew language, the mother tongue of the chosen nation. Notice their response, “they kept the more silent.” Once he had their undivided attention, Paul identified himself with them, revealing that he was a Jew, born in Tarsus, but lived most of his life in Jerusalem, where he sat at the feet of one of their revered doctors of the law, Gamaliel.

That’s tact! May the Lord give us this type of discretion when we minister to others! And may it be to the praise of His glory.

By Pastor Paul M. Sadler

Acts 22:1 Men, brethren, and fathers, hear ye my defence which I make now unto you.
    2 (And when they heard that he spake in the Hebrew tongue to them, they kept the more silence: and he saith,)
    3 I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day.

7. citizen817 says:

8. citizen817 says:

9. nwtex says:

10. nwtex says:

xo

11. Lucille says:

Happy Bench Monday….

A Bench For Squirrels?…

Benches In Trieste, Italy outside a Serbian Church…

Old memorial bench in Central Park, NYC…

Not a bench, of course…I just thought it was a neat picture…

A bench in Montana where you could sit all day and not get tired of the view…

12. flame says:

Unbelievable!! So beautiful!!
    Cre: Opéra national de Paris
    La Traviata di Giuseppe Verdi

13. millwright says:

Its beenan enjoyable Sunday evening here at the ranch ! Thunderstorms are prowling just about 360′ . Fpor local farmers wioth seed in the ground its probably a good thing. For those trying to plant this year’s crops not so much ! Time is passing and degree days are evaporating along with the calendar ! Re: some folks opinions on land use in the USA; yes we do “waste” a lot of arable land – worse we strip away its topsoil ( which I suspect aliens haul away to a barren planet in the galaxy as thousands of tons of it magically disappear from my municipality alone ! ) and substitute a monoculture ( grass ) for the former biodiversity of general-purpose farming ( trees, bushes, grasses, and weeds ) that nurture a wide variety of life from insects to birds to game . We also spend far more on various chemical treatments for something we can’t eat than farmers spend to grow our food ! I suspect we don’t need more people so much as we need smarter ones !

14. millwright says:

I see the UK Guardian hs joined the ranks of ” climate alarmists ” ! its editor has directed its columnists ( per its ” style guide ” ) toreplace ” climate change ” with more pejorative and alarmist terms like ” climate crisis, global heating, climate emergency, etc . ” Seems to me the UK – once the bastion of social rectitude and a leader in worldwide climate and sciences – is rapidly devlovling into clusters of clans and villages soon to be toiling ahead of a wooden plow and marveling at the ruins of once-great cities ! Will the Tower and Westminister become the “new stonehenge ” ?

15. Great article on “The Deplorables” in American Thinker. The author profiles a man that has several jobs, including driving hikers back to the Appalachian Trail.

“Maybe politicians call them “deplorable,” but they aren’t. They choose to live this life, help hikers, go to church, raise a family, and love their neighbor.
    Barry should be famous, but likely will never be any more than a great dad, faithful husband, and good friend. Barry is happy and goes about life everyday trying to make a living in a place that is unsupported by many politicians. His goal is being a good person
    Perhaps those in Washington who call people deplorable should journey to the small towns of America and hear their voices.
    Their America is the one they want to be great again.”

16. nwtex says:

If interested you can see the image at the DM link. I don’t feel like posting it. *yawn* blah
    😎

Comic which stars Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez as a superhero gets cease-and-desist letter because she ‘looks too much like Wonder Woman’
    19 May 2019

17. nwtex says:

umm not sure about that sound track….and was it necessary to put that barking sound.
    Just watched / listened again…….that’s it!…..too eerie for me. I’m probably the only who feels that way and that’s okay. 😎

18. nwtex says:

19. nwtex says:

Uplifting tweets.

• Cisco says:

One of the best, very best renditions of The Star Spangled Banner I’ve ever heard.
      There are many but I really like this one.
      👍🌟🌟🌟🌟👍

20. Janie M. says:

I keep checking in on James Woods twatter page to see if he has returned but he is still absent. 🙁 I don’t know if they banned or temporarily suspended him. His last post was on April 19th and he is missed.

• nwtex says:

Janie —- I check as well also his girlfriends twitter but looks like it will be quite a long “wait”.

Anyway this was the latest info I’ve came across it was from a week ago or a bit longer —>

• andyocoregon says:

Wow! Something needs to be done to reign in the liberal abuse on these so called platforms. Maybe they should lose their protected status and be designated publishers who are then legally liable for their unequal treatment of users.

• Janie M. says:

Thanks for the info, nwtex – our loss. Enjoyed reading his tweets. I have had a twatter acct.for over 3 years but never sent a single tweet. Strangely though, I have had 9 followers (their composition varies) for a few years now and… I find that really weird. 🙃🙄

• nwtex says:

Again, I must say. “we” are being blatantly steamrolled!!!! I do not like it! If it was happening to the left there would be an out-roar. “We” are and have always been too meek and it does not serve us.
          AS WE ALL KNOW……………he media walks hand in hand with darkness. How in the heck does that change? SO many ppl I know believe all they are told. These are not dumb ppl just very gullible and easily led…..scary stuff.

21. Dora says:

Caspar David Friedrich – Evening (1821)

22. Dora says:

23. Dora says:

Be careful out there today.

24. duchess01 says:

25. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

26. kyblue says:

A Columbine school shooting survivor dies.

From Redstate Alex Parker:

“In April, I wrote an article about the 20th Year Anniversary of the Columbine mass shooting. In it, I profiled Austin Eubanks — a survivor who watched his best friend, Corey, die as they hid beneath a table in the school library.

Austin himself was shot twice, in the hand and knee.

In the aftermath, medication led to an opiate addiction that kept Corey’s emotional desperation at bay:”

• andyocoregon says:

This just illustrates the fact how so many lives can be negatively affected many months and even years after a violent incident.
      Schools need to be secured better with controlled entrances and armed security. I heard the side doors at the Portland Parkrose High School were unlocked and that’s how the idiot with a shotgun gained entrance.
      It’s sad these kinds of security measures need to be taken, but they are necessary considering all the tragedies that have taken place in recent years.

27. kyblue says:

Conservative pundits sound off on the Justin Amash call for President Trump’s impeachment.
    (I’ve had some choice words for the wee weasel myself🙃)..

From Townhall – one response:

Kurt Schlichter

@KurtSchlichter
    The only people who care what Justin Amash thinks who aren’t named “Justin Amash” have been super bored for the last couple years since weed got pretty much legalized.

28. getfitnow says:

FTA – a political veteran told me, the voters will reduce your candidate and his entire campaign down to one idea or concept. “You get one sentence, kid. Make it count.”

And so for Bernie Sanders, that one sentence is, “Socialist guy.” For Beto O’Rourke, it’s, “Kind of like a Kennedy, but weird.” For Pete Buttigieg, it’s the “Really smart, young … wait — he’s gay?” guy.

Liz Warren? “Fake Indian.”

On Tuesday I got to see former Vice President Joe Biden at a house party in Nashua, N.H. He gave a speech, he worked the crowd, he engaged in an inordinate amount of consensual hugging. And the one-word takeaway that was left, uncomfortably unspoken, on everyone’s lips was …

Old.

Joe Biden is “the old guy.”

I don’t mean Joe Biden was born Nov. 20, 1942, though he was. I don’t mean Joe Biden won his first U.S. Senate race while Richard Nixon was still president, though he did. I mean that Joe Biden’s age is a thing. It’s a front-and-center fact of his candidacy that is impossible to ignore.

And, I predict, it will eventually cost him his party’s nomination.

29. wodiej says:

Noah, my Shih Tzu,

30. duchess01 says:

Proverbs 12:15
    “The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.”

King James Version (KJV)

• duchess01 says:

Proverbs 11:14
      “Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.”

King James Version (KJV)

• duchess01 says:

Ephesians 5:15 “See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,” King James Version (KJV)
        Ephesians 5:16 “Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.” King James Version (KJV)
        Ephesians 5:17 “Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.” King James Version (KJV)
        Ephesians 5:18 “And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;” King James Version (KJV)
        Ephesians 5:19 “Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;” King James Version (KJV)
        Ephesians 5:20 “Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;” King James Version (KJV)
        Ephesians 5:21 “Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.” King James Version (KJV)

31. nikkichico7 says:

Amen duchess01 🙂👍❤️‼️

• nikkichico7 says:

Morning ad rem …. I made a mess on isle 3 … 😞🤚 … sorry .. ☹️

I have a post stuck in the bin … and … uhhhhh … I .. uhhhhhhhhhhhh … kind of posted it again and it fell in the bin too .. 🤭 .. 😑 …. ummmmmm …. so if you can rescue it and delete the duplicate that’d be real nice and I’d appreciate it … 🌷🌷🌷

• nikkichico7 says:

The Justice of Divine Judgment

MAY 20, 2019

BOOKMARK READ LATER SHARE
        MONDAY
        Revelation 20:11-15

Every person will face God on judgment day. Whenever that topic comes up, I am usually asked something like, “What about people who live in remote areas, who will never hear about Jesus?” The concerned questioner is really wondering, How could a loving Lord send an ignorant person to hell? In other words, how can it be fair to condemn those who have never heard the gospel?

To understand how God judges, we should recognize two truths about Him. First, He is not limited. While whole people groups still have no Scripture in their language, God always reaches individuals whose hearts are open to knowing Him. Men like Abraham and Moses had no Scriptures, and yet the Lord spoke to them.

Second, God reveals Himself to all people, whether or not they have access to the Bible. As we saw yesterday, He not only demonstrates His power and attributes through creation; He also programs our conscience to understand the basic distinctions between right and wrong. For those who are blessed to hear the gospel at some point, Jesus Christ is the greatest revelation of God in their life.

When people stand before the Father, He will judge them on three criteria: the amount of truth to which each has been exposed; how many opportunities there were to accept the truth and share it with others; and what was done with those opportunities. The believer’s responsibility, then, is to reach as many as possible with the gospel so that no one need ask, “What about those who have never heard of Jesus?”
        intouch.org
        Dr. Charles Stanley

32. kyblue says:

Dogs are amazing. This dog rescues baby buried in field. Great story.

33. duchess01 says:

It’s All About You Jesus (with Lyrics)

34. dogsmaw says:

35. wtd says:

Some details to consider when discussing “Fake News”, particularly when dealing with ‘cultural enrichers’
    Al Jazeera Media Network deleted a video produced by AJ+ Arabic because it violated the editorial standards of the Network.

===>”because it violated the editorial standards of the Network” = “the English speaking world was not supposed the see the translated video”

Arabic content versus English content

Also recall from 2006 this report which revealed a great deal about the biases in foreign reports favorable to Islam:
    How Much Does It Cost to Buy Global TV News?

“The vast majority of the TV news pictures you see are produced by two TV news companies. Presented here is a case for how a large amount of money has been used to inject a clear bias into the heart of the global TV news gathering system. That this happens is not at question, whether it is by accident or design is harder to tell.

You may not realize it, but if you watch any TV news broadcast on any station anywhere in the world, there is a better than even chance you will view pictures from APTN. BBC, Fox, Sky, CNN and every major broadcaster subscribes to and uses APTN pictures. While the method by which they operate is interesting, it is the extra service this US owned and UK based company offers to Arab states that is really interesting….” (read the rest at the link)

36. dogsmaw says:

PBS is starting to go to the extreme left, sure hope those donations dont dry up…maybe a few calls will point them in the right direction 😛

37. dogsmaw says:

38. duchess01 says:

MYOB NWO UN!

United Nations Passes Pro-Abortion Resolution for ‘Sexual and Reproductive Health’

May 20, 2019
    by Shane Trejo , Big League Politics

39. duchess01 says:

Feminist Says Family Must Be ‘Abolished’ to ‘Dismantle Capitalism’

May 20, 2019
    from Humans Are Free

40. Dora says:

Good Idea.

41. Stormyeyes says:

Today, I placed my Glock Model 21SF .45 cal. automatic pistol with laser on the table right next to my kitchen door. I left its magazine beside it, then left it alone and went about my business.
    While I was gone, the mailman delivered my mail, the next door neighbor mowed the yard, a girl walked her dog down the street, and quite a few cars stopped at the “stop” sign near the front of my house.
    After about an hour, I checked on the gun It was quietly sitting there,
    right where I had left it. It had not moved itself outside. It had not killed anyone. Certainly, even with the numerous opportunities it had presented to do that. In fact, it had not even loaded itself.
    Well you can imagine my surprise, with all the hype by the Democrats and their propaganda media, about how dangerous guns are and how “They” kill people. Either the media is wrong, or I’m in possession of the laziest gun in the world.

The United States is listed 3rd in murders throughout the world. But if you take out just 5 ‘left-wing’ cities: Chicago, Detroit, Washington DC, St Louis and New Orleans — the United States is 4th from the bottom, in the ENTIRE world, for murders.
    These 5 cities are controlled by Democrats.
    They also have the toughest gun control laws in the USA.
    It would be absurd to draw any conclusions from this data, right?
    Well, I’m off to check on my spoons. I hear they’re making people fat!

42. Dora says:

Cute.

43. Dora says:

The Orange Blimp is coming back. Pretty rude to the Queen, if you ask me.

====

Snarling orange ‘Trump baby’ blimp to mock U.S. president in Britain, protesters say

LONDON (Reuters) – A blimp depicting Donald Trump as a snarling, nappy-wearing orange baby will fly outside Britain’s parliament when the U.S. president makes a state visit next month if protesters can raise 30,000 pounds ($38,000) for advocacy groups.

44. Zippy says:

A message for whining snowflakes. Send it to any you might know.

45. wtd says:

I’m glad he was arrested. But why was the Muslim extremist who threw a milkshake at a Tommy Robinson not also arrested?

A question no one seems to be asking…what if the contents weren’t really a milkshake? UKSun: London is the acid capital of the world

46. wtd says:

Scotland Tory Councillor Graeme Campbell had his house/car FIREBOMBED.

“Family’s terror as house and car petrol bombed as they slept” https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1437900-councillor-15-minutes-from-death-after-house-petrol-bombed/

47. Mandy says:

Today, I’m making “Chive Blossom Butter.” Got a pound and a half done already, will make another pound and a half shortly. The flowers have FABULOUS flavor and the soft yellow of the butter, the purple of the flowers, and of course you gotta add in some of the finely chopped chive blades…. The stuff is REALLY delicious AND gorgeous to boot!

(hope this image shows up…)

Link for THREE recipes using chive blossoms. I’ve done the vinegar and the butter. (Butter is the last recipe on the post.) This is blog post that convinced me to TRY chive blossom butter 6 years ago – ever since, I’ve made multiple pounds, every year! When the mixing is done, I put big dollops of the butter onto squares of waxed paper and do the technique to push the soft butter into a nice roll. (There are several videos on youtube showing how this is done.) Wrap the extra paper around the roll, twist the ends, and toss the rolls into a gallon sized zip lock bag. I keep the bagful of yummy butter in the freezer, so we can indulge all winter long…unless I give too much away (which I have been known to do, lol!) Anyway, hope you gardeners with chives blooming in your yard right now will give Chive Blossom Butter a try!

• JTR says:

I’ve used the flowers for years. They are really nice sprinkled on any kind salad, and they are really pretty as well! as tasting wonderful!

48. Dora says:

• JTR says:

I used to have a Border Collie named Suzy that the neighbor boys would knock on the door and ask if she could come out and play soccer. She could head that ball like the best!

49. wtd says:

Despite Farage facing opposition, the Brexit Party is set to win more votes than pro-Remain parties combined in the European elections, according to an exclusive Telegraph polling analysis: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/05/20/brexit-party-set-win-votes-pro-remain-parties-combined-polling/

50. wtd says:

Connecting dots. . .
    May 6, 2019 Breitbart: Pentagon: China Tripled Number of Muslims in Labor Camps …
    Uighur Muhammedans throughout the Xinjiang regions of China have been placed in Wiki: Reeducation Camps

Today’s UK Telegraph twitter feed focuses on China’s exploitation of North Korean women and girls:
    At the heart of the problem lies a shortage of women in China and an entrenched national misogyny that commoditises women and views them as inferior, say experts

Given the doctrinal mandates within Islam that males can take as many as four wives – and combining with the previous decades long Chinese edict limiting families to one child per couple, which ultimately resulted in many female babies being aborted in favor of potential future male birth, it’s no surprise that China “commoditises women”.