May 16th – 2019 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #847

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

570 Responses to May 16th – 2019 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #847

1. 🍺Gunny66 says:

A repeat…other went thru by mistake..

Americans are the luckiest people in the world, not only because of our material fortune, nor even because of our fundamental decency and good will. We are the luckiest because we can afford to be as dumb as a brick, fail to educate our children, remain blissfully ignorant of the dangers that have killed hundreds of millions of people in the last 50 years, indulge in all the newest drugs, the biggest quantities of alcohol, the widest range of cuisines and tastes, and the usual range of sensual self-indulgence…and we are still protected from doom. So far.

The reason for our astonishing luck can be summarized in a few words. It’s the Constitution.

• StanH says:

No doubt Gunny. Lose the Constitution, lose the country, lose the country and the world will slip into another Dark Age this time with nukes. When Reagan said “a shinning city on a hill” he had it exactly right. However, from 1988 to 2016 every president did their level best to diminish our greatness aka American Exceptionalism. It’s just not fair that there is so much poverty and deprivation in the world and we have so much, without even a mention as to why. The most awesome governing document ever composed in the history of mankind, the United States Constitution.

KAG! …by defending the Constitution from all enemies foreign or domestic.

StanH,
        Aree with you, except would say every President, and the leadership of BOTH parties in Congress, from at least 1988 till 2016, and actually believed it started about 1915.
        Reagan fought it, but was fighting an uphill battle.
        Gunny,
        Great post as usual. So many don’t get it. It is our personal liberties, specifically the first 4 amendments, which are the REASON for our exceptionalism.
        Think of it, we have 350 million people, and yet have an economic powerhouse currently outpacing every other economy, including China, with billions, BECAUSE our personal liberties CREATE and foster the ‘American dream’.
        Ghosts recent post shows how each country (that reports, at least) economic growth is,directly corelated to the degree to which that country adheres to truly free market ideas, and stagnant economies are those adhering to central planned (and therefore repressive of civil liberties) governance.

• FofBW says:

And God’s Mercy……so far.

• nervecellguy says:

Agreed Gunny. We’re also fortunate we have patriots who respect and are willing to defend the Constitution, like President Trump, even at great personal sacrifice.

It is a terrible mistake that the Constitution is no longer studied in most public schools, although fortunately some private schools still do (as I’ve seen in my kids – only the one who went through private school studied Civics).

• Pale rider says:

Gunny, With all due respect, God blessed America. The principals of the Bible were written in that document by Godly men.

• doit4atlas says:

And we STILL beat all of the sh_thole countries out there.

Could you imagine if we were moral, followed Christian principles, and had honor and integrity? Oh yeah, that’s right…that’s how we got here…never-mind…we can imagine.

• You know that and we do! But democrats know they are against everything the constitution which is for the rights of the people! And now they want to change it!

• Concernedcitizen says:

Unchecked public corruption will drag the Republic into a very dark place – a place where the Rule of Law fades into oblivion and the Constitution is merely words on a piece of paper. In such a place our precious Republic, once a beacon of freedom, descends into tyranny leaving behind chaos and despair.

Today, our Constitutional Republic is teetering on the brink as the Rule of Law is under threat. We, as citizens of this great Nation, are now confronted by the greatest political scandal in our history. Elements in the executive branch, assisted by the media, became corrupted to the point that they shredded the Constitution in their quest for power.

There must be accountability under the Rule of Law if our Republic is to survive this scandal – our fate rests on the shoulders of our President and his Attorney General. And yes, this ugly scandal may very well end up in the lap of a former President. If so, let the chips fall. The World is watching.

• Car says:

Agree Concernedcitizen without full throttle to the metal applying Rule of Law, a few years go by, we will become complacent again.

• Pale rider says:

“Rule of law” is reduced today to its least common denominator. What is in your heart, or better to the point, what is not in your heart.

2. Dora says:

The idea seems to be spreading.

• Hays,TX says:

Dora,
      Pro-abortion covfefe999 isn’t gonna like that tweet.

Yesterday, Covfefe999 says: Terminations could be performed at the earliest stage. I care about her more than I care about the fetus.
      ———————————————————————————————–
      Terminations equal murders
      Fetus equals Baby

It’s no surprise Covfefe999 admitted voting for Obama.
      For the useful idiot leftist, it’s all about their feelings. The life of babies and the elderly are a burden to the leftist , easier to terminate the life than deal with their uncomfortable feelings…(a selfish demonic lot).

• Dora says:

You are right – it’s no surprise that she voted for obama.

• covfefe999 says:

I’m going to request that you be banned too if you engage in the same kind of slander. Knock it off. You’ve been around long enough to know better.. Stop propagating false info about people just because you disagree with them. I voted for McCain and Romney. I haven’t voted for a Dem since the 2008 primary. I have voted exclusively GOP since then. And I’m anti-abortion with the rarest of exceptions, mother’s life, rape, and incest.

• Amy2 says:

Wow. When I was reading their comments I thought, covfefe999?? Really? Because I never got that from your posts! So…..anyone who normally reads you knows better. Let the trash take itself out (kinda like we’re seeing in the news!).

• covfefe999 says:

How nice of you to speak about my views … and get them completely wrong.

I did not vote for Obama. I voted for McCain and Romney. I left the Dem party in 2008 at the end of the primaries. Since the 2008 primary I have voted exclusively GOP in every election.

I am not pro-abortion. I am anti-abortion, with the rarest exceptions. I want exceptions for the mother’s life, rape, and incest.

I think abortion past a certain point in the fetus’ grown (maybe a week or two) amounts to torture and that’s unacceptable to me. I think the vast majority of women who have abortions were careless/lazy and are employing abortion as a method of birth control, and that’s unacceptable too.

I feel extremely bad for any girl or woman who is the victim of rape or incest, and even worse if that girl or woman ends up pregnant as a result of the crime. I don’t want to force that girl or woman to carry through with the pregnancy. Plan B post-coital birth control is available and would be the best solution, but it only works if employed soon enough. I don’t know if a rape victim would have the wherewithal to use it, and I’m pretty sure a girl wouldn’t.

I ask politely that you stop slandering me. If you do it again I’m going to request that you be banned.

• thehawkeyehoneypot says:

Do we need to call the wambulance?

• Katherine McCoun says:

I admire your restraint and professionalism in your reply.

PS: HUGE confession: I voted for Obama in ’08 too! Will Post about that farther down thread as I see the self righteous attitude of the “we have Always been GOP” as self defeating and dangerous to our win in ’24. We want to unite with all GOP new comers, not make them feel less than, judged or excluded!

Think, long time GOP voters: If you didn’t have enough people in the GOP to win the Presidential election in ’08 & in ’12 then you must enlarge your voting base beyond the ’08 & ’12 voters to win in ’16 and the upcoming ’20. You can not win without former Obama voters!

• Chimpy says:

I voted for Obama the first time. We all make mistakes…

• Dutchman says:

I agree with your sentiment, katherine.
              How can one claim righteousness by saying, in effect ” I voted for McCain and Romney, so I am better than you, because you voted for Obama!

Absurd premise, as crap is crap, doezn’t matter if you put cake frosting in it, I STILL ain’t gonna EAT it!

Loyalty to the GOP is being stuck in an old mindset, as the GOP has been subverted, fir at LEAST 60 years, its a ruse.

Finally, LOOK at some of the #walkaway videos; are we REALLY going to drive such people out, due to ideological purity tests?

“Loyalty” to the Constitution and MAGA, maybe. Loyalty to the GOP? NO WAY!

As usual, I find your voice here to be the voice of reason, and apprecite your comments.

• Dekester says:

Have at me if you will folks.

When folks voted for Obama they were either naive, foolish or guilt ridden.

I have never voted in your elections as I’m ineligible to do so.

P44 was an obvious fraud. Look from where he came, and who funded him. Never mind the sociopathic tendencies he displayed throughout his run up to 2008.

I would have screwed up though, and would have voted Romney or McCain.

Hindsight, looked at through the prism of Sundance and CTH posters, has completely shaken my faith in any career politicians.

God bless PDJT

• I didn’t.
            … Advantage of watching his Community Extortion first-hand in Illinois.

• upper379 says:

Covfefe do not get yourself upset. These are trolls trying to sow discord in these venerable pages.

• Chimpy says:

Covfefe999, hang in there. I agree with your position as well. I am against abortions except in those same rare cases, and then only very early in the pregnancy (before heartbeat or something clinical like this).

Don’t let a couple trolls get under your skin. Hopefully, Wolf will bring out his super rare ban hammer and send these posters packing.

• Hays,TX says:

Chimpy ,

My second son was conceived through rape and he is just as precious as my four other children. He has a promising career in Texas LE.

Murder is murder ! You can’t have it both ways

Who is Wolf ? What ban hammer ???

• Chimpy says:

Murder is a word that is used for “illegal killing”. It is not a synonym for “legal killing”. So, first off, your post mangles the English language.

However, if you insist on changing the definition to suit your needs, I will play along.

So, to address your comment, “You can’t have it both ways”, I disagree. This nation certainly can have it both ways. In fact, we’ve been “having it both ways” for the entire existence of this nation.

For example, the law allows for capital punishment in many states. That’s legal murder. The law also allows LE, including your son, to use lethal force under certain circumstances. Yet another form of legal murder. Also, our laws allow for the military to exist and to use lethal force to legally murder enemy combatants with the knowledge that there will possibly be additional legal murders of innocent civilians.

So, if “murder is murder”, using your distorted definition, how then can we allow these forms of killing? If we cannot have it both ways, then we need to make all the forms above illegal as well. (And then, watch the “Thou shall not kill animals” crowd get going…)

My opinion is to find a reasonable solution on the abortion debate. I personally don’t want any pregnancies aborted. But I understand that our nation survives on compromise. We will never get everyone to agree, especially the fringe elements on any topic.

A very high percentage of voters agree with this position. An early stage embryo, though clinically living and is a human being, has relatively few cells and is far from a thinking creature. I conclude that allowing the “legal murder” of this pre-heart beat human (or some similar clinically define threshold) to be an acceptable compromise for our nation.

A very high percentage of the people would agree. Not everyone and perhaps not you.

So, go ahead and stomp yor feet and vote whoever you wish into Congress. I will, too. But coming on this board and belittling others for their opinion while trying to force your opinion on others is revealing.

Wolf runs this board. It’s his site. It’s mostly troll free. Welcome.

cofeve999;
          Respectfully responding to you post, concerning your position on abortion.
          It SEEMS like a logic, reasoned responce to a difficult situation. One of the problems we face is that,we are not dealing with logical, reasonable people on the other side, and because of their unreasonableness, and our desire to find reasonable compromise, we have the slippery slope, boil the frog slowly result that it is now being discussed and legislated that killing a just birthed baby, because the Mothrr doesn’t want it, and SOME in the pro abortion movement are saying “WHY stop there?”
          My ‘problem’ with your seemingly logical position (and by ‘problem’ I mean why I can not agree with it, not my ‘problem’ meaning I have a problem with YOU having this position) are several.
          Firstly, it abandons, right off the bat, the notion that life begins at conception.
          Two ways to look at this, legally and medically, so lets take legally first.
          If a bankrobber accidentally shoots a pregnant woman, he is captured, she survives but because of the shooting the fetus dies, he is charged with Felony Murder. (Its no coincidence that abortion proponents are trying to eliminate such laws). The law doesn’t specify “depending on ‘how pregnant’ she is, it views pregnancy as a ‘binary’ condition. You either ARE, or you are not.
          Hence I would argue the LAW already recognises the objective reality that life begins at CONCEPTION, not a week or two later.
          Medically, I eas taught that ANY treatment contemplated for a pregnant women had to recognise there are TWO patients, and possible effects on the fetus MUST be taken into account.
          Hence, if a woman of POSSIBLE ‘childbearing age’ goes in for an x-ray, the technician will ask “Date of your last period?” in order to rule out any possibility of pregnancy, and they DO NOT say “Oh, only a week or two late, then thats o.k.”

Hence, I would argue the medical profession already recognises life begins at conception, and Not at some later point.
          So, before we even get to a moral evaluation, legally and medically life begins at conception.

As to ‘life and health of the Mother’;
          This is a false argument, again already resolved by medical standards of care, specifically “triage”. I worked ambulances for several years, in rural areas. IF there is a major car wreck, and there is a patient that has ‘coded’ (heart stopped beating) and their condition is such that IF THEY WERE THE ONLY PATIENT, the caregivers would try to save them, but their are numerous OTHER patients, also with life threatening injuries, you opt for the greater good, and ‘let them go’.

Hence, in the small # of situations in which the pregnancy truly threatens the life of the mother, its pretty clear if she dies, the baby dies, so you opt for the greatest good, and ‘let the baby go’, to save the mother. Again, VERY rare situation.

Unfortunately, this ‘life and health of the mother’ caveat is distorted; “The mother said she would suicide, if she didn’t get an abortion” will be used, by the unreasonable opposition. If she expresses suicidal thoughts, REGARDLESS OF THE REASONS, you get her into crises intervention/management counciling, immediately. If she refuses, Dr.’s can sign an order putting her in for observation, etc.

Suppose someons says they are going to commit suicide, cause they can not continue being a caregiver to their elderly parent, or autistic child, would society agree to kill the elderly parent or child?

THAT is the road we are heading down.
          And, seems ‘logical’ and reasonable that if life begins at conception, legally and medically, than it is not the fetus’s (or BABIES) fault that the father was a rapist, or incestuos. So, saying the mother should not have to carry the baby to term, due to the nature of the conception, (incest or rape) and so it is o.k. to kill the baby seems disproportionate.

Reality is, given human history, if we could each truly trace our ancestry back to day one, we are ALL (in all likelyhood) at SOME POINT here as the result of a rape or incestuos conception.

Not condoning rape or incest of coarse.
          But ‘two wrongs don’t make a right’, and killing a baby, to allow the mother to avoid the admitted,…unpleasantness of carrying a baby thats a result of rape or incest, again once you accept it is a LIFE, seems to disproportionately put all the price on the baby. And, I DO NOT mean to downplay the situation of the mother, in calling it ‘unpleasantness’.

As I pointed out, being a caregiver for, for instance a parent with altzheiemers, or a child with autism can be extreamly stressful and ‘unpleasant’ as well. So, why shouldn’t the state just step in and allow the parent or child to be killed, out of compassion?
          Anyway, I HOPE this was a respectful responce to your position, and I hope you continue to post, and hang out here. Hate to see people driven away, due to differing positions,….

• Pale rider says:

Ditto Dutchman. It’s how we got here.

• pacnwbel says:

If the mother is the victim of rape, by carrying the child to term, and if she feels unable to love that child, the simple remedy is to allow the child to be adopted. Adoptive parents understand there is always a reason why a child has been put up for adoption, but one which will not stand in their way of raising that child in a loving and caring family environment. Lives are precious, nurture not murder please.

• covfefe999 says:

You write as though having a baby is a simple routine thing. We’re talking about 9 months of pregnancy which could severely affect her ability to work or go to school. Some women suffer sickness all during their pregnancies and some develop serious conditions. The woman has already been victimized once by the sexual assault, if she doesn’t want to have the baby then don’t force her to have it. Have some compassion for her. But she must terminate early. I would prefer that she be given Plan B right away to prevent the pregnancy, but I don’t think that’s entirely realistic.

• covfefe999 says:

That’s fine, you and I have different positions. Neither one can be proven right or wrong.

But that other poster just made up a bunch of sh*t to criticize me and I was setting it straight. I never voted for Obama and I’m anti-abortion except in the rarest cases. The number of abortions would probably drop down from millions to like 1000 if we only allowed abortions for those exceptions. It would be a massive massive improvement.

I have always said that preventing unwanted pregnancies is empowering. The Dems try to paint abortions as empowering (“my body, my choice!”). But by the time the pregnancy has started the woman has lost control. There’s myriad birth control options these days, it’s not like the 60’s or 70’s, and there’s the morning after pills. We should have so few abortions that Planned Parenthood would be out of business. Women should be proud that they are preventing pregnancies until they are ready and able to have and care for a baby.

I can tell you if I were the victim of rape I would not want to have the child if I became pregnant. I wouldn’t want the rapist’s genes to be passed on. I’m a strong person and not only would I report the rape I would also immediately start the morning after pill regime and make sure I didn’t become pregnant. But I’m afraid a young girl wouldn’t be able to do that, or an adult woman who was too traumatized to think straight. If those abortions must be banned too then at least make sure that girls and women who are victims of rape and incest are provided the morning after pills I don’t know if the Alabama law provides for that, I don’t think it does but maybe I’m wrong.

• law4lifeblog says:

Covfefe999, are you saying you never said this?
          “Covfefe999 says: Terminations could be performed at the earliest stage. I care about her more than I care about the fetus.”

• Peoria Jones says:

Good for you, Covfefe! Your positions are quite reasonable.

• Sandra-VA says:

You are out of line.

This sort of post has no place at CTH. You lower yourself to the same level as those you profess to dislike.

Perhaps you would like to spend a minute or two reviewing the GUIDELINES linked at top of the site page.

Sandra va;
          Minor ‘point of order’? When responding to a previous comment directly, its helpful to address the poster you are commenting to, directly, as I have done here.

Especially considering the excentricities of WP, it can be hard to detirmine, for instance, exactly WHO you are saying is “out of line” in your post, above.
          Cheers,

• Katherine McCoun says:

Hay TX and Dora,
        One neednt attack individuals on the Trump Train in order to further/work towards political goals. As long as we are all on the Trump Train, save our political “fire” for those working against the Trump Train. The Trump Tent is large and we do not and will not all agree on every issue but we all agree on MAGA.

The beauty of it is that as long as the Trump Train moves forward and continues to win, we will win on All issues, even the ones on which we do not all agree.

Focus on supporting President Trump, the MAGA movement and all supporters there of but politically fight the left on the issues. Unity will win the day!

Remember, not all who fought England agreed on on the same vision of the colonies post British rule but still united against a common political enemy and the goals they did hold in common. Unity will win many victories. Disunity will loose all.

• czecharthur says:

Wow so now you behave like any leftist would, slander and nasty attack, you should maybe look at the mirror before casting any stones.

• czecharthur says:

my response meant for Hays.

czecharthur and all;
            This is a perfect example of what I posted earlier, to sandra va;
            If responding to a specific comment or commenter, its a good idea to address the poster because of the excentricities of WP, as well as for clarity, generall.

• Hays,TX says:

czecharthur,

I remember the so called conservatives like you ,whispering in my ear, that I should abort him.

I can look in the mirror with my son because I did not abort (murder) him !

Murder is murder ! You can’t have it both ways

• covfefe999 says:

Your level of emotion is so extreme you seem incapable of having a rational conversation about this topic. You come across as very troll-like, as if you’ve entered this forum just to stir the pot and cause problems. Well, you don’t upset me, I feel perfectly comfortable with my views and I’m OK with you too. If you feel better that you didn’t abort the baby that was fathered by the monster who raped you, that’s great, you did what you needed to do. But I’m going to let other women decide how they want to handle their own traumatic situations. I personally would quickly take Plan B to prevent the pregnancy from taking place, and then it’s not murder so you’d be OK with it. 🙂

3. Dora says:

• lolli says:

Interesting read by Conrad Black.
      Look who was involved in this mess. Mueller and comey. Yep.

• Interesting article , the track record of the “ bad cops “ ( Mueller , Comey etc is Unbelievable) From Conrad Black’s “ legal “ kangaroo court conviction , the Boston / whitey guy fiasco that had false convictions of 4 other guys , Enron/ Arthur Anderson mirage crimes , the anthrax scientist screwup , to the Russian hoax coup attempt ( the Oscar nominee that tops them all ) , all you can do is shake your head , and these guys keep moving upward unscathed ? I hope it finally has reached tipping point .

• Bubby says:

FTA “President Donald Trump on Wednesday granted a full pardon to Conrad Black, a former newspaper publisher who has written a flattering political biography of Trump.”

Look at the spin AP put on this pardon. I couldn’t find how the AP covered Clinton’s pardon of Marc Rich. But did find this AP comment “The Rich investigation did not lead to federal charges under Comey and the case was closed in 2005.” Comey once again providing cover for the Clintons! Who knew?

• Joe K says:

Want to understand what Federal prosecutors are like? Read Black’s book-it’s a study in nightmares. Well done PJDT.

4. Brennan vs. Comey in “he said, he said.”
    (Not sure who is who in this classic clip.)

• Nobodysfool says:

Keep talkin’, boys.

• wightmanfarm says:

Clearly, this is not a video illustrating “good parenting skills”. I doubt my dad would have been laughing. Seriously, no juice/time out ? for paint all over the house and on each other.

• thehawkeyehoneypot says:

Yeah nobody woulda been laughing at my house either

• k4jjj says:

The serious question not asked in this paint incident, “What were YOU doing, DAD, when YOU should have been watching these very young boys?” They had a lot of time to get into the paint and spread it around. They could have engaged in some really dangerous behavior while you were asleep on guard duty.

I once had to slam on my brakes, jump out of my car and pick up a young toddler in the middle of a VERY busy highway. I carried the little guy to the front door of a house where adults had not been paying attention.

• auscitizenmom says:

When I was growing up the “discussion” would have come after the spanking.

• Pale rider says:

DId you get to pick the implement of torture? We had to pick it from the tree. I was so abused. Sarc

• auscitizenmom says:

I think I just got a couple of whacks. That all ended before I was six, so I really don’t remember. The worst part was always that Mama never forgot, and I heard about whatever I had done endlessly.

• Amy2 says:

See now I see that as a parent who didn’t go with his anger. Many a child has been hurt physically and emotionally when a parent responds with anger instead of discipline. I say that as the mother of a very busy boy who carried a wooden spoon in my purse for a number of years. These guys are LITTLE! Clearly dad was going for taking away stuff that was important to THEM. Nice touch on telling big brother to look out for little brother.

Boys are so much work AND SO MUCH FUN!

• Amy2 says:

BTW, this is a much better outcome then a dad beating his kid to death for spilling his milk, then burying him in the backyard and saying he’s “missing.”

• testpointwp says:

Jim Baker is now saying, “we took it [the Steele Dossier] seriously. We didn’t necessarily take it literally like it was literally true in every respect.” Hold still Jim, I think you’ve got a little paint on your face.

Like, Wow, Jim. Seriously but not literally. Was that included in a footnote in the FISA application?

Baker added, “at the end of the day the FBI believed [Steele] to be reliable”. The end of which day, James? Inquiring minds want to know.

• AmericaFirst says:

Yes, the same FIB which had ALREADY fired him for being unreliable now seeks to “rehabilitate” his image as that of one who is reliable since they found his message useful for their nefarious purposes.

• Concerned Virginian says:

HA HA HA
        Now JAMES BAKER is trying to dial it back? Has he suddenly realized that he ALSO is “collateral damage” to HILLARY CLINTON if she so decides?
        Baker is also doing the AOC thing of “like, I was only joking about how we’re all going to die in 12 years if climate change isn’t fixed and like, the nasty Republicans can’t take a joke”.
        So, like, is Baker saying that the DOJ/FBI/CIA etc., ALL took the Steele dossier for a joke?
        So, like, is Baker implying that they ALL take the Constitution for a joke?

• I had a ‘Similar’ experience. My 2 Daughters, ‘back in the Day’, 1999, Managed to get next door into a old shed, found & SOMEHOW managed, to open a can of Forest Green OIL PAINT..
      When I arrived ‘Home”, (We had a yellow/beige Mobile Home with Vinal Siding), first thing I saw..
      Was all these little tiny green hand prints ALL OVER the sides of Our Home..
      I got a reaction close to the above scene..

• Amy2 says:

Argh. Oil paint. The worst!!

• Your Tour Guide says:

Anybody remember Blue La France?

It was used back in the early 60s when you
          did your laundry. Came in a box like laundry
          detergent, was bright cobalt blue. You used
          it to make your whites come out whiter.

Anyway, YTG was 3. Had watched my mom
          do laundry. Thought one day that I\d be helpful.
          Mom had put some wash in the dryer. I didn’t
          know the difference between the washer and
          the dryer, so I thought I\d be helpful. I put
          1/2 box of Blue La France. Into the dryer. Turned
          it on.

When it was all done, all the wash was
          completely ruined, and my dad had to disassemble
          the dryer, and clean everything off with gasoline.

No spanking. (Which was abnormal for my mom).
          Mom and dad weren\t too talkative for a few days
          afterwards, however.

• Tom H says:

Classic. Remember the Leave It To Beaver episode where Beav somehow allowed a little neighbor kid (Benji) get into a can of green paint? Poured it all over himself.

• Robert Smith says:

Kids seem kind of dumb.

• Pale rider says:

Kids need the freedom to choose their sex at that age, makes us better as parents, makes them better as adults. Can you imagine?

5. Dora says:

6. youme says:

• Garavaglia says:

Bye bye Biden. Next contestant.

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

I’ll take Sleepy Joe and China for $500 Alex

• gsonFIT says:

It is easy to observe dem “projection”. It is like Gods warning signal to rational people of what the libs are doing behind closed doors. Another major flaw in dem rationale is “denial”. I think it might be a carryover from Alinsky’s Doctrines.

But the number one character flaw of the left is to “blame” other people. And I can hear them now. “It isn’t fair you waited to expose Biden and the coup. This affected our election chances in 2020”

gsonfit;
          I think their 3rd (?) major flaw seems to be not understanding the concept of “No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy”; time after time, we see them clinging desperately and tenasciously to their plan, long after its obvious “it ain’t working!”
          4th would be not understanding the concept of “Always, ALWAYS have a plan “B”.

Perhaps it is a lack of military training or experience. Fatal flaws? I certainly HOPE so!

• budklatsch says:

Tom Fitton has been carrying the water for the damn R’s for years now. He has uncovered so much of the skulduggery in the swamp thru FOIA and legal challenges. POTUS will have to have Tom and his staff over for dinner when this is finally settled.

7. Dora says:

Anthony Scaramucci Plans to Visit Michael Cohen in Prison: ‘I Don’t Walk Away From My Friends’

“I’m good friends with Michael Cohen. I talked to him the day before he left for jail,” Scaramucci tells TheWrap

• Dekester says:

If true, one may respect that.

Now if Scaramucci was betrayed by Cohen. That is a whole new ball game.

God bless PDJT

• Dutchman says:

I actually DO have SOME, “equal” sympathy for any and all who were victims of weinstein/muellers anal probing.

They were all unfairly and visciously attacked, victimised and in most cases destroyed because of their association with PDJT, and by association, with US.

Like the meme with pic of DJT, saying “they’re after YOU, I’m just in the way”, any one of us COULD have volunteered for the campaign, and if our experience etc. qualified us, we could have had a position that targetted us.

Our livlihoods, families and freedoms threatened by that barstud wiesman whatever, how many could have withstood the scrutiny and pressure.

Terrible thing that was done, and all deserve pardons, even Cohen, IMHO.

• law4lifeblog says:

Uh, Cohen completely violated Atty-client privilege and got disbarred for it, Dutchman. That’s serious and I don’t see him as a victim of Mueller.

• Dutchman says:

And never would have happened, if not for Mueller. Which kinda makes my point. I am NOT saying he’s not a weasel, or that Manafort wasn’t a swamp creature grifter.

Its not about the individual, its about the process, and if they can do it to them, they can do it to you and me.

Point I was trying to make,..I guess.

• law4lifeblog says:

Scaramucci has been making an ass of himself and making personal digs at President Trump for quite some time. I’ve had it with him..

8. Dora says:

Ha Ha Ha.

9. youme says:

Thoughts from a twisted mind…the msm is even more twisted in their adulation of her

10. burnett044 says:

just imagine how great it would be to see this big fish get taken down…..oh to dream

11. youme says:

Now why don’t I believe any of this….

Three US officials told The New York Times that intelligence photographs showing missiles being loaded onto boats by Iran’s Revolutionary Guard were behind escalating tensions between the US and Iran.

Other intelligence also hinted at plots by Iranian-backed militias to attack US troops and diplomats in Iraq, The Times said.

The intelligence is reportedly behind US decisions to enhance its military presence in the region and prompted the order to evacuate the US Embassy in Baghdad on Wednesday.

• Inspector 71 says:

Please name one time when IC got anything right? You are better off going with the exact opposite of what the IC says.

• andyocoregon says:

I believe that report. Why else would all non-essential personnel be withdrawn from Iraq? Several other news sources have reported Iran has established missile launch sites in Iraq aimed at U.S. installations.
      If Iran doesn’t remove those armaments, they’ll face Hell from above.

• Arrest Soros says:

You should believe it because the 2nd in command of the IRGC recently defected with arms full of documents and is hiding in one of the Gulf States spilling his guts.
      The info in those documents prompted these actions. They are legit.

12. Patriot1783 says:

Lololololol
    Deblasio announces for President 2020
    😂😂🤣. Oh my sides! I’m in a neighboring state to NY and can feel the earth shaking under my feet no doubt from everyone on the entire east coast laughing.

The 2020 Dem “candidates” are certifiable.

13. youme says:

The lefts’ attempt to destroy a 100 year old business

Gibson’s Bakery v. Oberlin College – Trial Day 4 – As protests grew, Mrs. Gibson was “very nervous and afraid”

14. duchess01 says:

Looking for verification here…clicked on a link in the article that sends you to a ‘form’ –

White House launches tool to report censorship on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter
    ‘If you suspect political bias caused such an action to be taken against you, share your story with President Trump’

By Makena Kelly@kellymakena May 15, 2019, 5:18pm EDT

15. cliffaheadwolvesbehind says:

So Judical Watch says Weissmann was the one who picked Mullets team.
    He was at Clinton’s headquarters night of election.
    No bias there.
    Absolutely disgusting what this country has been put through.

16. youme says:

Here we go again….

Now Jared Kuschner plans to supplement the migrant invasion with an additional invasion of ambitious and nepotistic second world invaders to dispossess the American middle class.

So our college graduates get to complete with foreign students already here and foreign college graduates too? That’s gonna help Americans get ahead how? It’s 100% bad news.

Highly skilled, educated minorities from Asia will now replace Americans instead of the unskilled types from Mexico and Central America. Great progress here and bravo to Jared Kushner.

I don’t care what his plan is.

Migrants now just go to the nearest border official and demand “asylum”, and the border official immediately puts them on an air-conditioned bus to your neighborhood, with a ticket to an asylum hearing they will never attend.

Our immigration problem isn’t the lack of a plan or of laws. It’s that we don’t enforce the laws we have.

The Constitution was an agreement among a people that have been dispossessed. The new arrivals by and large don’t care for formal rules and won’t restrain themselves to follow them. And they are certainly not suited to democracy given their history at home and their identity interest group voting here.

I now accept that we will see the end of the Constitution and democracy. They are just some among many nice things we used to have together that are no longer viable in our vibrant new population. Maybe our new rulers will want to help get rid of the new arrivals to return to the old ways. Or maybe they’re just going to exploit the situation as long as they can. It’s not up to us anymore; the 1970s ruling generation gave that option away in our name.

• kaste668 says:

We all know the NYT hates POTUS and writes stories just to cause his supporters to jump ship. However I am sure this article is 100% correct. /s
      Why do you post this here?

• John B says:

Merit based immigration was a POTUS agenda during his campaign. It’s not a bad thing. I would rather have skilled immigrants that will not use government programs to leech off.

• The Dems are willing to allow in those that can’t support themselves because those that can are not necessarily in a hurry to uproot and move. This is vote buying. Just look at CA. It’s been very successful in installing a supermajority in the CA legislature and it’s the model for the Dems for the rest of the country.

• covfefe999 says:

You seem to have an irrational hatred of Jared Kushner. There’s nothing wrong with Trump’s plan. We’re always going to have immigration (my grandparents were immigrants), why wouldn’t we want better people coming in?

• Alligator Gar says:

Kushner, Inc. Was the book that opened my eyes to this feckless child. We need NO immigrants. AI will make stoop labor obsolete in the very near future. STEM wages have been stagnant since the 1990s because of immigrants. What about our generational American kids? I love and care for them more than riff raff from elsewhere.

Promises made. Promises broken. Immigration disaster.

• booger71 says:

Promises Broken? Then Candidate Trump spoke about a skills based immigration program throughout the campaign

• rustybritches says:

Its clear you don’t know or understand the real plan PT wants a merit based immigration
          system instead of what has been voted in the last few decades, first he wants to get rid of the visa lottery and the family based immigration, We want people to come here legally and not all of these people running across our borders illegally and that’s what the dems want because these people vote for them and if this current mess continues this country will be in a world of hurt, PT can decide in the end of plan how many of the legal people who will be accepted into our country which at this time we allow ONE Million already and that number can remain the same or be less than that but this would be a much better way than what is happening right now and NO one is saying these people will replace
          American workers right now there are not enough people to fill all the jobs that are here and we are going to need trained people YOU must have forgotten that it was under Obama that companies was replacing their American workers with other countries people and they even had to train them before they were allowed to take their packages and leave the company and please don’t tell me I don’t know that for sure because
          I sure do look It up SOUTHERN CALIF EDISION DID THAT TO THEIR WORKERS AND THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WHO WORKED FOR THEM FOR YEARS WAS TREATED LIKE CRAP IN THE END..

• Dutchman says:

If “we” were producing CHILDREN in sufficient #’s, it would be one thing, but we ain’t.
          Slaughtering millions, and low birth rates, and baby boom retirees means we need more people than we have.

LEGAL first generation immigrants are the MOST patriotic Americans, they are motivated to come here because of the opportunities of the American dream, etc.

And, they get a thorough understanding of the Constitution etc.
          Would that all high school, let alone College graduates were required to pass the citisenship test!

Blanket condemnation, conflating LEGAL immigrants with ILLEGAL invaders is short sighted, counter productive, and is, in fact EXACTLY what Dems do, when they praise immigrants and their past contributions, without making any distinction between legal and illegal.

As for AI, I worked in industries that went from American citisen high school dropouts/diplomas only, to illegals.

Fostering another leftist idea, that any job that doesn’t require a college degree is a low skill job.

Take a moment to look around you; EVERYTHING you see, and touch was MADE by someone. Someone without a college degree, most likely.

• thehawkeyehoneypot says:

Merit based?

17. JoD says:

Hey pat, where you at?

18. Bigbadmike says:

When President Trump ran for President it didn’t cost the taxpayer a dime until he became the Presumptive Nominee. The Dem Primary is going to cost us millions. And it is a total waste of our money. We should not have to pay for politicians fantasies of becoming POTUS. They should all endorse our President’s re-election and save us a lot of time and money.

• NJF says:

Plus the fact these bozo’s aren’t doing their job! Nor is their staff evidently. I sent an email to Gillibrand re: immigration. I sent it to Chuckie & my local Rep as well. Gillibrand sent me a generic “thanks for writing” reply nearly 2 months later.

Chuckie on the other hand answered me the same day with a detailed response about the topic. Nor was It in any way negative about “the POTUS plan is all wrong,” either. I didn’t agree with his reply but I at least have to respect the way my email was handled.

19. sunnyflower5 says:

20. sunnyflower5 says:

21. Ilcon says:

22. kyblue says:

The jackals are turning on each other. And it’s glorious 🤗
    Former FBI general counsel James Baker was worried Comey would use the Steele dozzier to blackmail President Trump🥳

In a sort of companion piece, Twitchy has a take on the Baker revelations…

23. bluebongo says:

Sundance, something to plan ahead for:

WordPress is joining the deplatforming campaign.

24. Ilcon says:

Ksuck’s team fighting for Russia.

25. Zippy says:

Donald Trump needs more Trumpians in the White House
    The Republican party is using the president to advance an unreconstructed agenda

Excerpt:

Between them, Mr Bolton and Mr Mulvaney stand for the kind of Republicanism that Mr Trump was meant to have slain in 2016. This guns-over-butter right-wingery, which sought to shrink the state except when it came to war-making, was turned on its head by the subversive outsider from reality television. The government, he said, divining the public mood, should do much less abroad and perhaps a bit more at home. He would even protect social security and other federal entitlements.

Yet here they still are, the Boltons and the Mulvaneys, not just vestiges of the old order, but ascendant forces in the current one, given their jobs by a president who once defined himself against their creed. They have plentiful company. Mike Pompeo could be the secretary of state in a Republican government of yesteryear. Treasury secretary Steven Mnuchin could have served any recent Grand Old Party president. It is much harder to name members of this administration who are truly in President Trump’s (or at least candidate Trump’s) distinct image.

This is the central failure of his presidency. Mr Trump can call on tens of millions of voters who believe in the version of Republicanism he espoused in 2016. But he barely has half a dozen cabinet members or senior officials who think the same way. The threat to Trumpism is not just the Democratic party. It is the absence of Trumpites. As long as he fails to cultivate them, his imprint on his own times, never mind posterity, will be lighter than it might have been.

However “imperial” it is said to be from time to time, the presidency is never enough to shape the US. The executive bureaucracy — to which the president makes several thousand appointments — is necessary too. Former president Ronald Reagan did not achieve his supply-side programme by drawling instructions into a telephone. He flooded the system with like-minded cadres, such as his budget director David Stockman. For half a century, organised conservatism has produced and promoted its own. When one falls, another is primed to slide in.

Trumpism is different. It has a mass following. It has a leader. But it does not bother with that tiresome thing in between: an operational class. As such, there is something of the paper tiger about it. Mr Trump, it is said, will change the Republican party for good. With whose army?

Where he has installed authentic Trumpites, there is, for better or worse, immense change. Robert Lighthizer and Peter Navarro are committing sensational heresies against free trade. [True, but the author is apparently your typical ignoramus who worships “free trade” which has never existed at the macroeconomic level. – Zippy] But they stand out precisely because they are unusual. For the most part, Republican orthodoxy wins. Having used the party as a vessel for his elevation, the party is now using him — the best vote-winner they have had for a while — to smuggle through a more or less unreconstructed manifesto.

———–

First to go should be Kushner. However, the militarism this author criticizes I fully support. This isn’t a hold hands and sing Kumbaya world and never will be (sorry Star Trek Federation dreamers – we’re fundamentally apes with car keys and will act like it; that’s why basic human nature hasn’t changed in thousands of years)

Iran, NK, Russia and China need to be put to heel, especially China. The USSR was a police state greatly hampered by its economic system. China is a technologically sophisticated police state greatly enabled by capitalism (merchantilist version). If they ever become the dominant power in the world that will be a very bad thing for the world including us. With the Chicoms in power, they will never actually comply with agreements which would in any way affect them negatively. They haven’t complied with any of the IMF rules since “we” stupidly allowed them into that club.

They must be economically destroyed just like the USSR to the point where there is civil revolt. We can do that, easily. But the corporate idiots within our system (aka the real owners of government in a country of mostly clueless and easily propagandized voters) want to continue sell them the rope they’re hanging us with in the foolish hope that they will be players in the huge, future Chinese consumer market instead of being replaced, as they will be, by native Chinese industries using stolen US intellectual property.

• Zippy says:

• Kitty-Kat says:

She’s a liar.

How many times (a lot) did Candidate Trump say that there would be a great big beautiful door in the wall, meaning legal immigration was a good thing.

He also said in at least one rally speech, that top foreign grads from US colleges might be offered US citizenship.

• Kitty-Kat says:

“Immigration” without modifiers is a trick word, with different definitions according to who is using it. It can mean legal immigration only, or it might be synonymous with illegal immigration.

• Nigella says:

Ann jumped the shark a while ago

• Zippy says:

No, she didn’t. READ “Adios, America.” LEGAL immigration which is NOT merit based combined with CHAIN migration led to the election of Ilhan Omar.

“In just a few decades, Minnesota has gone from being approximately 99 percent German, Dutch, Finnish, Danish, and Polish to 20 percent African immigrant, including at least one hundred thousand Somalis. And that’s not counting the Somalis who have recently left the country to fight with al Qaeda and ISIS. One hundred thousand is just an estimate. We don’t know precisely how many Somalis the federal government has brought in as “refugees” because the government won’t tell us. The public can’t be trusted with the truth. Since becoming more multicultural, Minnesota has turned into a hotbed of credit card skimming, human trafficking, and smash-and-grab robberies. Mosques have popped up all over the state—as have child prostitutes and machete attacks. Welfare consumption in Minnesota has more than doubled on account of the newcomers—only half of whom have jobs. Those Somalis who do have jobs earn an average of $21,000 a year, compared with $46,000 for the average Minnesotan. (Consider yourself lucky, Minnesota: In Sweden, only 20 percent of Somalis have jobs.) Eighty percent of Somalis in Minnesota live at or below the poverty line. Nearly 70 percent have not graduated from high school, compared with only 8.4 percent of non-Somali Minnesotans.” – Ann Coulter, ¡Adios, America!: The Left’s Plan to Turn Our Country into a Third World Hellhole

• lolli says:

👍zippy
            This is all truth, whether ms coulter said it or not.
            This truth is not exclusive to coulter. It is just truth. She put it in a book.
            No one needs to like AC to accept the truth.

• andyocoregon says:

I never trust statements made by pundits who base them on anonymous sources.

• FredeDK says:

Oooohhhhh, if the msm says they hear it from some unnamed source, we all know it’s bs, but when Ann “I’m the only true conservative” Coulter says it, it must be true……
        But she’s is a self promoting expert

• SAM-TruthFreedomLiberty says:

Hi Ann! Or are you just a superfan Zippy? Posting her nonsense all day everyday?
        She made her point clear in slandering the President. Screw her.

• Sharon says:

Zippy are you freaking in love with Ann Coulter? You keeping posting her BS!😤

• Ilcon says:

• upper379 says:

Zippy, did you say Stockman. He was one of a few giga jerks during Reagans administration. He still remains a pompous giga jerk.

• Zippy says:

He mentioned Stockman, not me. Stockman has been predicting another crash since the Global Financial Crisis and he is fundamentally correct with his warnings. However, he didn’t realize how extensively and well the system can be gamed. That said, that which cannot continue forever won’t.

One of the KEY and ESSENTIAL Darwinian effects within a truly free enterprise capitalist system is bankruptcy. That serves two purposes – survival of the fittest and, even more critically, the EXTINGUISHING of DEBT. In a fractional reserve fiat monetary system where money is created by the issuance of DEBT, there MUST be annual growth in debt because when debt-based money is created from thin air by the bank, the money to pay the INTEREST on that debt is NOT created. This results in EXPONENTIAL growth in the debt growth curve eventually reaching an unsustainable SLOPE. Bankruptcies reduce the slope:

However, with crony capitalism which is what we actually have rather than free enterprise capitalism, the resulting bought governments and the pol’s fear of being in office when the inevitable crash occurs along with central planning of the money supply via manipulation of interest rates doesn’t allow PROPER resets (bankruptcies) and haven’t for nearly three decades. Instead, we get bailouts and the slope of debt growth curve is not reduced adequately.

At the core, it IS as fundamentally simple as that. One can get away with a fractional reserve, fiat monetary system for a very long time (obviously) UNTIL you start seriously messing with its fundamental self-correcting mechanisms.

• iswhatitis says:

Interesting.

Then they tell us that alternate-universe scenarios that won’t happen, at least in this universe (“First to go should be Kushner“), will result in a “correct” universe (even though they can’t know that for sure).

Articles such as this one appear to have the purpose of sowing discord and steering a narrative more than that of supporting “Trumpism”. They’re like a Pied Piper that wants to siphon off supporters of President Trump to follow their tune instead of the President’s, down some other track.

Call me a skeptic… 🙂

• Zippy says:

“People that aren’t Donald Trump are telling Donald Trump what “Trumpism” is (and that he’s not living up to it).”

You argument holds no water since WE know what it is and can agree with much of what he says including an agreement with his obviously correct point that there aren’t enough Tumpians in PDJT’s staff and that that is the reason he’s 180 degrees from his campaign promises on many issues, things that his eRep advisors are responsible for generating.

• iswhatitis says:

I wrote a longer reply then deleted it.

Instead, I’ll just say:

Whatever..

• Bert Darrell says:

My Treeper colleagues: it sounds like almost everybody knows better. But talk is cheap; really cheap. I prefer to go with the evidence I have so far. Since his election the President has been doing his utmost best to fulfill all of his promises while contending with an imbecilic “Resistance” that opposes him no matter what’s good for the country. They just don’t care. Just look at the nincompoops reading the Mueller report on C-SPAN (if you feel like puking)

So, I’ll go with and for President Trump and will not second guess his actions or personnel selections. He does not seem to have patience or tolerance with losers and traitors and get’s rid of them as and when needed.

To those who believe they know better -while not knowing all the facts- I’d only say: good luck with your guesses and conjectures … and I move on the better commentary.

• Dutchman says:

I disagree with the basic premise;
      Reagan had the same problem, he HAD to work with the RNC, and his administration was infested with Bushies, constantly undermining his efforts.

Even tho the POTUS is described as the “Leader of his party”, he isn’t. And, a leader can only go where his followers are willing to follow.

The problem isn’t with DJT, its,with US. It is up to US to purge the Republican party, at the district and State as well as National level, of the GOPe, Rino, Rockefeller Republicans, marxists globalists masquerading as patriots infesting the party. PDJT, like Reagan can not do this, as he needs to ‘work within the system’ for change.

He called out McConnell, for several months, on dropping the fillibuster rule, for instance. And got nowhere.

It is on us, not him.

• Robert Smith says:

So, basically, get rid of anyone with purity tests and then have the Trump administration collapse.

Makes sense…

26. Zippy says:

• Katherine McCoun says:

Maybe if we don’t try to solve every point/issue/policy in one large piece of legislation we have a better chance of solving at least some of the issues and then coming back to the others?

I would rather see the border taken care of before we deal with other issues. Get the border under control and then clean up of all that are here illegally. Also, the immigration system is its own issue, ie chain/family migration & lottery system v. merit based. No need to take care of every issue in an omnibus bill

• auscitizenmom says:

The Dems ONLY want an omnibus bill so they can fill it with all the things we don’t want.

• Zippy says:

“then coming back to the others”

People, P-L-E-A-S-E read “Adios, America”!!!!!!!!!!!

Throughout the history of immigration “reform,” once something is given to the Dims in exchange for “coming back to the others” later, the “others” have N-E-V-E-R been come back too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ENTIRE audio version of the book for FREE courtesy of the “only in it for the money” Ann Coulter:

• SAM-TruthFreedomLiberty says:

Damn what will she do if Trump keeps the pace up?
          She’ll have nothing to b!tch about and make money with.
          She’s a money hungry b!itch who doesn’t care about the American people.
          Easy prey for naive not so smart people like “Zippy” who can be fearmongered.

Zippy,
          Even for free, it ain’t worth the price, and I don’t need to read or listen to her book, to undrrstand the history of immigration legislation and the Uniparty manipulations that got us where we are now.
          I WATCHED it, over the coarse of my life, like changing the 86 law ‘in conference committee (between the two houses of Congress) to change MANDATORY E-verify to optional.

The negotiation, prior had been an amnesty for a certain ‘class’of illegals, IN EXCHANGE FOR ,…MANDATORY E-verify. Argument made was if we don’t give these law abiding illegals who have been in the country many years a legal path, once we make e-verify mandatory, they will be unable to work.

“Reasonable” argument. Then, behind closed doirs, they change ‘Mandatory’to optional, negating the justification for the amnesty, AND making the requirements for the amnesty ludicrous.
          Yeah, I am familiar with the history of immigration legislation machinations, I don’t need any help from Ann, thank you. I LIVED it .

Katherine,
        Yes, was a trick of Uniparty for years.
        Republicons propose legislation on immigration that their base, and 80% of Americans would support.
        Because of the FILLIBUSTER rule, Republicons say “in order to get Democrat votes, ‘WE’ have to ‘give’ them something.
        And then, behind closed doors the cook up what both faces of Uniparty want, Americans be damned.

And, part of this,strategy is to say “Immigration is too complicated to address ‘piecemeal’, it MUST be dealt with ‘Comprehensively’.

Yeah, cause it worked SO great on healthcare!

Look at traffic codes, in your state. Whole big thick books, full of individual, seperately passed laws to deal with something as complex as,TRAFFIC, which is one of the most complex of human activities.

We didn’t say “Oh, this is complex! You have pedestrians, bicycleists, cars, trucks small medium and large, vehicles crossing railroad tracks, stopping, turning its all so complicated we MUST deal with this COMPREHENSIVELY.

NO, just the opposite; you break a complex issue down into small increments; at a ‘4 way stop’, WHO has,’right of way’. DONE.
        Now, when a car is making a left hand turn, who has right of way? DONE.
        And so on.
        So, this whole “Its complicated, so we MUST deal with it COMPREHENSIVELY!” was a phoney argument, that VSGDJT saw right through, and has effectively countered.

“You want “Comprehensive”, I’m EAGER to negotiate with you.
        First off, SECURE THE BORDER.
        Second, chain migration.
        And birthright citisenship.
        Mandatory e-verify.
        Visa lottery.
        Comprehensive enough for you? No?
        O.k. Asylum applications and credible fear?

THEN, if you want to talk about ‘amnesty’, I’ll listen.
        Which is why Dems were NEVER gonna negotiate with him on immigration, cause they knew he had their “must be comprehensive” move checkmated.
        IMHO.

• Sandra-VA says:

Maybe this is why Lyndsey Graham is planning to introduce a bill to change the asylum laws…

Sandra-VA;
        Whats you mean MAYBE? Or, did you leave off the /s?
        They don’t call him “Amnesty Gramnesty for nothing. I remember every time there is talk of immigration legislation, like in the negotiations leading up to the sh*thole comment, he was nosing in there, to be the ‘seeker of common ground, and reasonable compromise’i.e. BACKSTABBER.

I also noticed how PDJT didn’t fall for it, for a second, lol.

27. Chicago! Corruption within the entire Judiciary Courts Systems has influenced, this entire Fraud Upon The Courts, Attitude that Coverups, Setup’s & Nepotism along with Cronyism is America! Wrong 5USC552-FOIA; along with President Trump,America First, will Prevail 👍🏼 Senator Durbin Impeding 12-29-2016; Obama Petition Check Copy HCB, #046637, This is a Major Coverup of Stealing taxpayers funds & etc., ‘Semper fi! Copy has a lot to reveal’ God-Speed’ GOD Bless #MAGA

28. sunnyflower5 says:

• Karen says:

but NYC voted for him.

• sunnyflower5 says:

Yep – Obama got elected not once but twice….AOC got elected in the Bronx. And, Hillary is popular.

• Bert Darrell says:

Puhleaaase! New York voted for De Blasio? A horde of illegal aliens voted (unimpeded and encouraged) for De Blasio because a) he promised to treat them better than citizens and b) passed $$ under the table just in case. Anybody, even a corpse, would have won those two elections..

29. k4jjj says:

Bill de Blasio, I see you are making climate change a life or death matter. What are you planning to do about today’s news in Mexico City in which 20 million people are choking to death on pollution and schools have been closed because of it? I read 86% of the world’s pollution is outside of the USA. Only a fool would destroy his own country’s economy in an effort that does not begin to address the world’s worst polluters, such as China.

30. getfitnow says:

FTA – The Center for Responsive Politics, which uses Federal Election Commission data, found that during the first three months of 2019 the number of women who donated to President Trump’s 2020 reelection campaign topped the number of women who donated to any Democratic candidate running for president, accounting for more than 45 percent of all individual donations.

That means President Trump had more female donors than Kamala Harris, more than Elizabeth Warren, more than Amy Klobuchar, more than Kirsten Gillibrand, and more than Tulsi Gabbard. In fact, wrap your head around this: More women donated to President Trump than to all of the female candidates combined.

31. Zippy says:

The good old days in Hollywood:

The Curious Life of Howard Hughes
    Before there were “Tony Stark”, “Bruce Wayne” and Elon Musk, there was Howard Hughes, a record-setting pilot, engineer, film director, and philanthropist.

Excerpts:

In the late 1940s, Hughes started buying the movie company RKO, which included the movie distribution service, studios, a network of movie theaters and a network of radio stations.

Upon gaining complete control of the studio in 1948, Hughes dismissed over 700 employees who could not demonstrate extreme right-leaning political views.

[Of course, I had to investigate what his “extreme right-leaning political views” consisted of. From Wikipedia – “If Hughes felt that his stars did not properly represent the political views of his liking or if a film’s anti-communist politics were not sufficiently clear, he pulled the plug.” So, to our modern, socialist media, being anti-communist is an “extreme right-leaning” political view. BTW, Joseph McCarthy was right. Read: “Blacklisted by History: The Untold Story of Senator Joe McCarthy and His Fight Against America’s Enemies” or spend 3.5 hours watching the video linked to below which revelas the contents of that book in detail]

In the early 1950s, due to Hughes’s tightness, RKO became known as the home of film noir classics. By 1953, Hughes sold RKO, ending his 25-year involvement in the motion picture industry.

On July 7, 1946, Hughes was test flying his XF-11 when an oil leak caused one of the contra-rotating propellers to reverse pitch. Hughes attempted an emergency landing at the Los Angeles Country Club, but the plane crashed into a Beverly Hills neighborhood, destroying three houses when the fuel tanks exploded. Following the crash, the area looked like a war zone.

Hughes sustained significant injuries in the crash including third-degree burns, and his heart was shifted from the left side to the right side of his chest cavity. Disliking his bed in the hospital, Hughes designed an adjustable bed that became the prototype for today’s hospital beds.

In 1944, after years of quietly purchasing its stock, Hughes took a controlling interest in Trans World Airlines (TWA). Hughes Tool Co. purchased the first six Boeing Stratoliners manufactured, then Hughes became the driving force behind replacing the Stratoliners with Lockheed Corporation’s Constellation. The Constellation’s high performance allowed TWA to pioneer nonstop transcontinental service and service to Europe.

In 1972, Hughes was approached by the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) to help it recover the Soviet submarine K-129, which had sunk off the coast of Hawaii in 1968. Ostensibly designed to mine the deep sea for manganese nodules, Hughes built the ship, the Glomar Explorer, which pioneered new engineering, such as precision stability equipment that kept the Glomar stationary above a point on the ocean floor despite high winds or seas, and a moon pool that allowed access to the water below the ship without being seen. Existence of the mission only came to light after a burglary at the Hughes headquarters in 1974.

32. Ilcon says:

• Ilcon says:

UK Foreign Secretary.

33. Zippy says:

This has been true for nearly two decades, not just the “past five years.” Think you are lied to only in the political realm? Hint: on any topic involving the status quo flow of huge sums of money, usually your money, you will be lied to.

U.S. growth would have contracted without trillions in government, consumer debt: Gundlach

(Reuters) – U.S. growth appears to be based “exclusively” on government, corporate and mortgage debt and the economy would have contracted if the United States had not added trillions in debt, Jeffrey Gundlach, chief executive of DoubleLine Capital, said in an investor webcast on Tuesday.

“Nominal GDP growth over the past five years would have been negative if U.S. public debt had not increased,” said Gundlach. “One thing everybody seems to miss when they look at these GDP numbers … they seem to not understand that the growth in the GDP it looks pretty good on the screen is really based exclusively on debt – government debt, also corporate debt and even now some growth in mortgage debt.”

If the U.S. Treasury had avoided increasing its debt then nominal GDP would have been negative in three of the last five years, “even with all of the exact mortgage, corporate, and student loan growth that occurred,” Gundlach told Reuters in an email, following the webcast.

“If those non-Treasury debt categories had not grown, either, GDP would have been very negative.”

Nominal GDP rose by 4.3%, but total public debt rose by 4.7% over the past five years, Gundlach noted.

——

From another honest financial reporter:

Post 1980 all so-called “income growth” was false. Every bit of it was nothing more than monetary inflation.

34. Sandra-VA says:

Here is an example of how China does business… heard on FBN just now, and story coming up after the break…

GoPro has announced a new camera that does all sorts of cool stuff. Recently, we learned that they plan to move their factories out of China. CHINA!!!

Well, just as they announce their new camera… BOOM! A chinese company announces a camera just like GoPro.

This is why China must be brought to heel. No company should ever build or use a factory in china again. There are plenty of other places for cheap labor that don’t steal your tech/IP. OR how about paying a living wage and making it in the USA 😀

• Publius2016 says:

Exactly! they steal all technology and innovation and move on to the next host…but think about how everything is moving to the “cloud”…its not just the Chinese but all Monopoly Tech!

• strateshooter says:

they steal everything. I work for a petchem company.
      Some years back one guy told me he visited a plant in China that was the EXACT copy of one our best units (even down to the stenciled equipt ids).
      One of our youngsters also told me that our design codes were also available on their version of Amazon(Weibo ?).though I never checked that out.
      The Chinese miracle sure has had an enormous boost from IP theft of Western tech.
      Anybody who fails to understand that is an absolute fool.

Sandra-VA;
      The thing is, remember “and those jobs ain’t coming back, folks!”
      These companies that LEAVE China, and either go to other pacific rim countries or the U.S. “AIN’T gonna go back to China”, without iron clad confidence this crap is over. WHY would they?
      Only reason, a capitulation and repudiation of CCP rule,….MAYBE.
      PDJT is definetly a VSG!

35. andyocoregon says:

Sarah’s the best White House Press Secretary….

• AmericaFirst says:

Immigration:

“We designed it to have buy-in from both sides.”

In other words, there will be some form of Amnesty. The first SEVEN amnesties weren’t enough? Even though we are drowning in foreigners? The country will never be salvaged if we continue to reward criminal behavior.

• purpleibby says:

I didn’t get that from what she said…>BTW, there’s an obvious roll out today with BS palace intrigue stories about war and immigration. Trump polling high is why.

• Sandra-VA says:

This Country is made up of “foreigners”. It wouldn’t be America if it weren’t for “foreigners”.

I am sure you meant illegal aliens, though… right?

36. parleyvous says:

So… given Roe vs Wade SCOTUS decision being ramped up….. is there Proof of Life for RBG?????

• AmericaFirst says:

Shout out to a great website, Conservative Treehouse! (See min 18+)

Also confirms that Roberts CHANGED his vote on the Obozodon’tCare case due to blackmail on him only available because of THE HAMMER.

He’s looking to see some real consequences real quickly for ex-CIA Director Brennan.

• Tl Howard says:

To be fair, there is no confirmation of that, only the host’s speculation.

• cplogics says:

I am not certain that the host has speculated on this. I have read it numerous times thrown out for consumption by folks who comment here. I really wish that comments like that would be taken down because they make the site look less reliable. It may be true for all we know, but the point is, there is no reliable source and therefore should not be thrown around as truth.

• The blackmail by Comey,. Comey met with Trump not only on Jan 6th as Baker claims, but ALSO on Jan 27 2017, 7 days AFTER Trump was inaugurated and 17 days after the Dossier was published by BuzzFeed. Now as I said before, WHAT was Comey doing meeting ALONE in the White House, with the new President, and supposedly “briefing” him on a dossier that had JUST BEEN released by BuzzFeed. (if Baker is right, this was a SECOND briefing on the SAME subject)

If as Baker suggested, Comey ALSO met with Trump on the 6th of January BEFORE the Dossier was released on Jan 10th, then there is NO doubt now that my original suspicions were correct it WAS blackmail using the threat of releasing the made up dossier to try and get Trump to resign. The Jan 6th meeting was the THREAT that if Trump did not resign, the Dossier would be released, Trump obviously did not, and 4 days later BuzzFeed published the dossier to the world.

My bet is that then the Jan 27th meeting was a follow up to try and provide MORE pressure on Trump, now inaugurated to resign, or there would be more “consequences”. What were those consequences? Flynn was targeted after 3 weeks on the job, set up in a “lie” and obstinately removed (Trump was forced to fire him for the “lie” on Pence) . Then, Comey met with Trump AGAIN alone on Feb 14th to try a THIRD time to get Trump to resign, or there would be MORE consequences. Trump obviously said no again. This time the consequence was Jeff Sessions being set up by his normal Kislyak meetings BEFORE the election while Sessions was still on the Armed services committee. Sessions was forced to recuse a few days later after narrowly being confirmed as AG. So, the Cabal had made three threats, and they all failed, so Trump was “punished” . First they embarrassed him with the Dossier, then they removed two key allies who could have helped Trump STOP this whole mess.

The Cabal tried one more time to blackmail Trump. It came AFTER Trump retaliated to the Flynn and Sessions hits, Remember that Trump FIRED Sally Yates for refusing to enforce the travel ban. Well, Yates was ALSO the point person on the Flynn take down, running to Don McGahn to tell of Flynn’s “lie”, which lead to his firing. Retaliation number two was Comey himself. It was said that it was because of Comey’s failure in the Hillary Email scandal, and that was what was written by RR and Sessions, but in my book it was for the blackmail and Sessions hits.

The third and final blackmail was when Mueller met Trump several days AFTER Comey was fired, and BEFORE he was made Special Counsel by Rosenstein. It was supposedly to “interview” for the open Comey FBI director position, but that NEVER held water with me, Mueller had ALREADY exceeded his term under Obama, and had to have a special vote in Congress to continue back then. Why would he be back a THIRD time. No, my friends, this was the “resign or we will unleash hell on you” last ditch blackmail to get Trump to resign. When Trump did not, we got the 2 and a half years of BS we all just went through. When Mueller could not prove or produce Collusion, he tried obstruction.

It might have worked to, had McCabe not have gotten “scared of the noose” and gave up the Rosenstein’s wire and 25th amendment plot after Mueller was flailing. I believe THAT single act allowed Trump to remove Sessions without consequence, AND to have Whitaker take control of Mueller and then “flip” Rosensten to Trump’s side. It gave Trump enough time to get Barr in place and he utilized Durham,Huber, and Horrowitz which Sessions had PUT in place, BUT, could NEVER utilize. Barr now has ALL the previous Huber, Horrowitz, and Durham info, and he is getting ready to INDICT the entire Cabal, that is the reason Barr was attacked, and that is the reason for all the PANIC. Showtime folks

stopislam;
        Good theory, and not disputing it. An alternative explanation for the meetings,would be he, Comey was already looking for, or goading PDJT into taking actions that could be construed as ‘Obstruction’.

He was probably recording the conversations, and carefully wording what he said, knowing it was recorded, laying a trap for PDJT to say SOMETHING that could be construed as “Obstruction”.

Just about anyone else, certainly any career politician would have fallen for it! “Gee, Comey, can’t you help me out here, and find some way to make this all go away, like you did with Hillarys emails?” PDJT stayed scrupulously within the law, and given the nest of vipers he was surrounded by, its VSG+GOD, for sure.

37. NJF says:

Good thread. You know the stuff our esteemed journalists are supposed to do.

38. Lindenlee says:

I ay try to post this on a couple of other appropriate threads, an essay by the always-excellent Daniel Greenfield, SultanKnish. It is not uplifting, but I believe realistic. Comments are perspective is welcome. Relates to Marxism and immigration. Posted it here, since we don’t have an immigration thread going, BUT is not limited to immigration. https://sultanknish.blogspot.com/2019/05/latin-america-is-collapsing-and-taking.html

39. Perot Conservative says:

What an idiot.

40. Og Oggilby says:

Democrats in motion. This could be an annual event. Kinda like the yearly reading of James Joyce’s Ulysses….

41. Zippy says:

Sidewalk Chalk Communists: UCLA Kids Rebel Against Paradise

42. Zippy says:

Why Trump Will Win the US China Trade War—Stephen Moore

43. PHC says:

“Every now and then, I like to stop and take a look at the ever-developing field of Democrat presidential hopefuls, because I feel there should always be time in this busy life to stop and share a quiet smile over the hapless stupidity of blithering knuckleheads.
    The latest to join the campaign is Beto O’Rourke who will be replacing Beto O’Rourke whose campaign faltered when people found out he was Beto O’Rourke. The original O’Rourke’s campaign was launched with a cover story in Vanity Fair in which he announced he was “born to do this.” His new campaign was launched by apologizing for being on the cover of Vanity Fair, and for saying he was born to do this, and for being male and for being white and then livestreaming himself getting a massage from a Mexican barber.”

Andrew Klavan

44. WeThePeople2016 says:

• Your Tour Guide says:

Presently worth 42 million. How much was he worth
      when working with Comey and Mueller? Or it is all
      from wifey’s “old money”?

45. PHC says:

The leader in the democrat primary polls……………

46. Ilcon says:

47. Ilcon says:

48. WeThePeople2016 says:

• CorwinAmber says:

Let’s see…the special election to fill this seat will be held on September 10th…hmmm…do I sense a Trump rally in this district sometime this summer? YES!!!
      BTW, this district is right next to Fort Bragg (but not part of it) so I can imagine the CINC visiting the troops at the same time…can ya say WIN-WIN?!?!?!