Friday April 26th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

292 Responses to Friday April 26th – Open Thread

1. citizen817 says:

2. Garrison Hall says:

From Wikipedia: “El duende is the spirit of evocation. It comes from inside as a physical/emotional response to art. It is what gives you chills, makes you smile or cry as a bodily reaction to an artistic performance that is particularly expressive.” When the music, the people, the time, and the space all come together then you can experience duende . . . It’s what flamencos all search for when performing. Making it happen is where the magic is. When it happens, the mundane world becomes special, at least for a time 🙂

3. nwtex says:

I’ve never see them putting Old Glory in service so to speak. Kind of a solemn moment. That’s how it struck me anyway.

4. nwtex says:

❤ XOXOXO

5. Deplorable_Infidel says:

True Unity

There are many unions all over the world, but in only one place is true unity to be found: in the Lord Jesus Christ. The children of fallen Adam have always been divided. Adam’s first two children could not get along together. One killed the other. And now that the race has multiplied there are about three billion separate, individual wills in the world. Some of Adam’s children try to get along together amicably and enjoy some measure of success, but this always takes effort. It does not come naturally. Even the dearest lovers must be prepared to yield to each other’s wishes frequently to get along well together. There is no true unity in this world.

But where Adam’s children have been divided by sin, they may be saved and truly united in Christ. As Christ became one with us when He died our death (the wages of sin) at Calvary, so we may become one with Him as in faith we acknowledge that that death was not His but ours. This is what the Apostle referred to when he asked:

“Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into His death?” (Rom. 6:3).

This verse does not refer to water baptism, for no one can be baptized into Christ — become one with Him — by a physical ceremony. The only way to become one with Him is to accept by faith the fact that He died our death on the cross. The meeting place must always be Calvary. And as we acknowledge His death as ours and become one with Him, we automatically become one with each other.

“For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body” (I Cor. 12:13).

Unity in Christ is not something for which Christians are to strive. It is a fact of grace to be recognized and enjoyed by faith. True believers in and out of all denominations have been baptized into one body, whether or not they recognize this.

Now it is for us to appropriate and enjoy this unity in Christ, “endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace” (Eph. 4:3) i.e., seeking to experience the unity which the Spirit has made. Only those who have been baptized into Christ by faith can appreciate the blessed oneness which believers may enjoy.

By Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Ephesians 4:3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

6. Derangement Syndrome says:

So I was looking into the differences between the Evil Mike Rogers who was kicked off the Trump campaign team, and the good Admiral Mike Rogers of the NSA.

A few things stood out, a NPR article discussed how Admiral Mike Rogers never told Obama or the administration that he was going to see Trump at Trump Tower. I trust this leak, it seems like Rogers pissed a lot of people off.

The evil Mike Roger’s though, is another story. He was rightly identified as a plant before the transition even happened, and kicked off the Trump team. An article written by David Ignatius (the CIA’s unofficial(official) scribe) lamented the loss of the Benghazi cover-upper Mike Rogers. Saying it was a disaster or something in the headline. Then, in a mlive article about the evil Mike Rogers, they wrote how he even though he was no longer on Team Trump…

“Rogers was pleased to pass on all his work to Vice President Mike Pence”

No joke.

7. Lucille says:

Johnny Hodges/Ben Webster Sextet… “I’d Be There”

Johnny Hodges – alto sax
    Ben Webster – tenor sax
    Lou Levy – piano
    Herb Ellis – guitar

8. andyocoregon says:

Beware the Kissing Bugs. Fresh up from South America, probably hitchhiked on the bedding or clothes of illegal aliens. Just another invader from the south to worry about.

9. nwtex says:

ahem! Well, wadda ya know….it’s the “me-me”….”only me”…”all about me”…generation.
    Sad commentary on society I’d say.

• nwtex says:

Well I’ll try it this way—

• amwick says:

fixed it…. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D5AnqM_U8AAPasQ.jpg
      This will display if you put it on a separate line, but it is big…. here

wordpress wants to see .jpg I don’t know why..

• nwtex says:

I’m crying ‘cuz I don’t know what I’m doing. 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😩
        The que is where does on put the .jpg and what do they take out.

I’m going to try one time then throw up my hands until twitter goes back to the regular format where I can copy images in the blink of an eye.

Thx for your help, tho, ❤ it's great to know that there is a way to get around the situation.

Man, i'm tired out. Aggravation and I…. no bueno! 😖

Now let me see if I can do it rifgt. I cut off some stuff. here goes. If

• nwtex says:

HOW did I do that!? wonder what i deleted.

It wasn’t even the one i was intending to drop off. oh, boy. But since it’s here I’ll put the tweet with it —>

dOugh M G
          @dOughMGok
          Replying to @chipgainesand @magnoliatable
          We’re carb loading for race day on #cookiedough. See you at the starting line
          🏃🏼‍♂️
          🏃🏼‍♀️
          🍪
          Apr 27, 2019

• amwick says:

nwtex,
          You are looking for some kind of system…a rhyme or reason.. I just nip and tuck until it works… This is the way a child learns… I am good at being childish..
          But, see that?,,, you got it… /\5

• BigMamaTEA says:

Is THAT little chocolate teddybears in that thing ?? What a cute touch!

• nwtex says:

Yes, ma’am. yummy, huh.
            And here is breakfast the day of marathon. Hope he did well. Crazy ’bout him and his family ❤ Christians!!

Um had to post the the tweet and image separately. Don't ask why, I'm sure you know. 🤨 😠 Well, I'll tell ya hahaha…. "new" twitter will not let me let me get a link from the tweet that is at the top of the time line 🤪 But the rest seem to work as always.

Chip Gaines@chipgaines
            Game time!!
            #siloDistrictMarathon
            3:44 AM · Apr 28, 2019

10. nwtex says:

That’s it! ENOUGH!!!!!!

The CDC says the bugs, which come from South and Central America, have been identified in Maryland, Virginia, and Pennsylvania.

• nwtex says:

One of the comments–

REDACTED]
      @foogiefoogie
      ·1h
      Replying to @KFIAM640

Those bugs are known to carry the protozoan that triggers “Chagas’ Disease”, which will eventually cause heart failure by eroding the blood vessels surrounding it. It can also be spread via blood transfusion.

• Blue Ridge Mts. Va says:

This is how you get rid of those kissing bugs, and any other creepy crawling thing like that.
      Sprinkle Food-Grade Diatomaceous Earth

Sprinkle the white powder along areas where the kissing bugs are likely to hide. The food-grade version of this natural powder is safe for pets and children.

• piper567 says:

Mountains,
        diatomaceous earth also works well w/ants.
        For those who may be interested, this material consists of exoskeletons of those diatoms you can see under a microscope, which originate in the Oceans.
        The individual particles look a lot like the microscopic pictures you see of pollen, except this material is mineral.
        The little jagged features cause lacerations on soft-bodied pests, which lead to dehydration and death. Works great for slugs for this reason…but it loses it’s effectiveness when it gets wet, as it clumps. sigh.
        It does nothing to the ant, but the ant carries it into the nesting area where it ruins the larvae by its presence.
        This is why the link supplied above states it doesn’t work immediately…it is not toxic,
        and will have little effect on the bug itself.

BTW, if you use it, PLEASE wear a particle mask, as inhaling it is a very bad idea due to its mechanism of action.

• Mandy says:

For ants, I use talc based BABY POWDER. I found it as an “old timer’s remedies” suggestion when I had fire ants set up a mound on the edge of a large compost pile I had back when we lived in TX. IT WORKS! And not JUST for fire ants, but for ANY ants. It does not kill them, just makes them move. Reason I used it – can’t put ant POISON on a compost pile! Anyway, hope this tip helps someone out there….

• piper567 says:

Mandy…certainly worth a first try! WAY cheaper and more easily purchased.
            Thanks for the tip!

• BigMamaTEA says:

I don’t know piper…you can buy diatomaceous earth pretty cheap at a garden center, like in Lowe’s, etc. I guess it depends on how much you need.

• piper567 says:

good point…I buy it at petstore…although I wouldn’t use it on a cat or dog…bound to work on flea larvae.
                Incidentally, the impure form is used to backwash swimming pool filter system; its such an effective scourer it controls algae buildup.

11. curator55 says:

It’s not easy to watch but ‘This is the face of the “Gov’t Run” health-care crisis’ in Nova Scotia and it is not an exaggeration when patients have life threatening illnesses or painful afflictions. It is a common situation in many parts of Canada where doctor shortages are serious and only getting worse. Then, if you are lucky enough to have a doctor, then you often have to go on a waiting list for tests or fight numerous other gov’t dependent services.

This an example of the highly funded Canadian socialized medicare system the Dems are promoting. When the system breaks down as it often does you are out of luck unless you can afford to go to another country. I have no doubt that many other patients that faced this situation are now dead and silent.

The video can only be accessed from its original source below.

• millwright says:

curator: Its long been an ” accepted fact ” the prog’s “health care reform ” targets older citizens whose medicare billings are far higher than the norm. Curtailing their treatment and care frees up a lot of funds for buying the votes of illegals with healthcare bribes ! Just visit any ER to see this pogrom in action !

• wodiej says:

This is so unacceptable. The health care in our country is stellar but it’s so damn expensive. There is no excuse for this. It’s pure greed and it’s evil.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Actually wodiej…..if you could get the government, lawyers (tort) and insurance companies out of the mix…..the prices would drop expeditiously!

When I was a kid, growing up in a medical family…..everybody paid their Doc…and their Rx’s….and you had “hospital insurance” just in case; which is otherwise known as catastrophic.

12. citizen817 says:

13. Blue Ridge Mts. Va says:

You can stay in a giant potato for $200 a night!

ORCHARD, ID (Gray News) – It might sound half-baked, but people are paying big money to stay in a giant faux potato in the middle of a 400-acre Idaho field.

You can find it on Airbnb under Big Idaho Potato Hotel.

The description reads: “Stay in a 6-ton potato! This is the original potato that traveled countless miles across the country for the Idaho Potato Commission on the back of a semi-truck!”

The property has room for two guests with 1 bedroom, 1 bath, an indoor fireplace and air conditioning. Its dimensions are 28 feet long, 12 feet wide and 11.5 feet tall.

The giant spud that became the Big Idaho Potato Hotel used to be a promotional showpiece for the Idaho Potato Commission.

It rolled back and forth across the United States for six years before it was retired.

The commission gave the tater to Kristie Wolfe, who used to work as an ambassador for the organization and already runs two other Airbnb properties.

“It was always in my game plan,” Wolfe told the Idaho Stateman. “I had the perfect lot, and someday I was going to get that potato and turn it into something cool.”

For the Idaho Potato Commission, turning the Big Idaho Potato Truck into a hotel room is no strange mash-up.

“If you put it in a museum that’s one thing, but if you put it out here near Mountain Home (south of Boise), it’s a way of inviting people to experience Idaho in a unique way,” Frank Muir, CEO of the Idaho Potato Commission, told the Statesman.

Wolfe’s new venture is off to a good start, the Big Idaho Potato Hotel is completely booked until early June.

And that’s no small potatoes.

14. nwtex says:

In the event that link doesn’t open I’ll do this as a back up —>

Joe Biden endorsed by Michael Avenatti after launching 2020 bid: ‘He has my enthusiastic support’
    16 hours ago

Joe Biden has already picked up a big-name endorsement — but it might not be one he is happy to receive.

The former vice president, who formally announced his 2020 bid on Thursday morning, can count on the support of disgraced lawyer Michael Avenatti.

“I am extremely happy that @JoeBiden has decided to enter the race. He offers Dems the very best chance in 2020, especially in key states. He has the fight, intelligence and fortitude to beat Trump and begin to make America, America again. He has my enthusiastic support,” Avenatti tweeted.

Yikes. I just saw this in the Fox article —>
    “Earlier this month, Avenatti, the former Stormy Daniels attorney and once-rumored 2020 presidential candidate, was slapped with three dozen new federal charges alleging he stole millions of dollars from his clients, failed to pay taxes and lied in bankruptcy cases, amongst other accusations.”

15. Angel Martin says:

How is it that the Communist government of North Korea can identify them as Christians, but Clinton and Obama refer to them as “Easter Worshippers” ?

16. millwright says:

Wanna hear some raw emotional reality about the plight of American farm families ? Listen to Travis’ ” The Rest of The Story ” starting about 23:00 . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAznoJfo1xc

Just visited ( via phone ) a long-time friend this evening . Seems his collegiate liberalism is growing in his post-retirement years, rather than retreating to his conservative youth . Most curious to me, but then he’s a sociologist !

I see N.J.’s Governor favors denying our poorer citizens their 2nd. amendment rights via his fee increases for an FOID and ( may issue ) carry permits by a factor of 10 ! OTOH, the Governor’s gun ownershiip bar is likely welcomed by the criminal elements selling guns ou0t of car trunks to anyone ( no NJFOID/NICS required ) with the cash ! But Phil thinks he’s ‘doing good’ on the gun war front !

17. Dora says:

Everett Shinn – Window Shopping (1903)

18. nwtex says:

I just heard that Chinese scientists have transplanted a human brain into a monkey!
    That may not verbatim as I was busy in the kitchen and only 1/2 heard it on a 5 sec blip on radio news.

19. Dora says:

For those who have been thinking about me regarding my knee surgery, I have a little update. The office called yesterday and I am now scheduled to have my knee replacement surgery on July 3rd. He couldn’t fit me in any earlier than that . Apparently he has a long list of patients waiting for new knees or other body parts. I’ll have to be patient.

I don’t really care. I just want to get it over with. My only concern is that, now that it’s almost back down to normal, I will have two months to be nervous and raise my blood pressure again. Sometimes you just can’t win.

So, thank you all for your kind thoughts. Wish me luck.

20. smiley2 says:

China Cove

oil/canvas

Asilomar Sunset

oil/canvas

Brian Blood ~ American (California) ~ Contemporary ~ Impressionism ~ Landscapes

at work en plein air

more about the Artist and his gorgeous work, here…

🙂

• smiley2 says:

he’s very masterful at Impressionism (imo)….if you left-click on that top image, China Cove, and look closely at how beautifully he renders the foliage, bushes, trees…you can see how skilled he is at abbreviating all details (leaves, twigs etc), leaving them out, and focusing totally on the shapes of the lights & darks (light & shadow) to create the elegant and accurate impressions of foliage.

shaping images with quick loose strokes, blocks of color and lights & darks .

🙂

21. smiley2 says:

Mental Health Happy Hour 😀

speaking of disgusting bugs (above) and other PHOBIA

there’s this….

SUBMECHANOPHOBIA

the fear of SUBMERGED CARS

it does exist, and if you suffer from it, read this for support…

we learn something everyday. 🙂

• andyocoregon says:

I once bought a 1965 Thunderbird that had previously been owned by an older couple who lived at the Oregon coast where there are many rivers and streams with roads next to them. They had disabled the electric power windows and had manual window cranks installed as they were scared to death of running off the road and ending up in water.

22. amwick says:

I have had company for a while… This is the first morning our little household is back to normal.
    It feels like I missed out on a lot of stuff going on… but it has been like that for a long time now.

• kyblue says:

My family has had a devastating week. Got word a 26 year old cousin was killed around Ashland, Kentucky. In a heading collusion. The other guy was driving in the wrong lane. We traveled two hours to the gut wrenching funeral yesterday. Then another funeral yesterday Afternoon of my mother’s best friend.

Glad it’s Friday.

23. kyblue says:

Powerline’s Steven Hayward offered an antidote to the liberal high school history textbook that has generated outrage among conservatives. That textbook portrays President Trump as mentally ill and his supporters as racist.

Hayward had high praise for this much accurate view of history…

• piper567 says:

kyblue,
      thanks for this link.
      within this link is another, Life and Liberty.
      I think it’s a good idea to be a bit more informed ab the Constitution and it’s history, and links such as these can be quite surprising.
      I have many friends who homeschool, and it’s a joy to expand their options w/regard to American History, a frequently polluted field.

• BigMamaTEA says:

YES! piper….and when your grandchildren are in public schools, it is your responsibility as a grandparent to help pick up the slack sometimes…..and TEACH the next generation, at home about our Constitution, the Republic and their Rights within the Constitution, and PLEASE explain, that it’s all messed up right now….the STATES are the boss of themselves, and NOT the FED. gov’t, and we are dang-well going to get that turned around!!!

• BigMamaTEA says:

My youngest grans…..are 6 years old. Now they can’t yet 100% recall every detail….but they (not just quote, but can explain..) ” As American Citizens we were born with some special rights that were given to us by God, and nobody can ever take those away!”

• piper567 says:

almost 2 decades ago, I has to do a no-computer treasure hunt for an actual US History…opened my eyes it did!!!

• BigMamaTEA says:

I know piper!!! Me too. 15 years ago….and then I realized how little I didn’t know…and that was back-in-the-day…….ha! and then questioned my grown daughters about their understanding……
            and now I’m working on my grans….all the older ones KNOW that they could be given a verbal test when they come over….and by golly, they remember! (None of them much care for crazy-freaked-out-Nana. LOL!)

24. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

25. kyblue says:

Some headlines that might make you take to the woods with James Comey & Hillary Clinton

26. Happy Birthday Melania !!!

27. amwick says:

Such an awful story… but it needs to be seen:

A five-time deported illegal alien has been arrested and charged with kicking a four-month-old baby to death in Shelby County, Tennessee, after learning the child was not his.

This monster was deported again and again. Who is speaking up for this tiny victim?

• nikkichico7 says:

Encouragement for Every Season
      APRIL 26, 2019

Psalm 139:1-12
      1 O LORD, You have searched me and known me. 2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thought from afar. 3 You scrutinize my path and my lying down, And are intimately acquainted with all my ways. 4 Even before there is a word on my tongue, Behold, O LORD, You know it all. 5 You have enclosed me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me. 6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is too high, I cannot attain to it. 7 Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? 8 If I ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there. 9 If I take the wings of the dawn, If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, 10 Even there Your hand will lead me, And Your right hand will lay hold of me. 11 If I say, Surely the darkness will overwhelm me, And the light around me will be night,” 12 Even the darkness is not dark to You, And the night is as bright as the day. Darkness and light are alike to You.

One of the most distressing emotions is the bleak sense of isolation caused by a difficult situation or experience. This is especially true when a loved one has died or you find yourself in the middle of a severe trial that can’t be solved quickly. Though the planet keeps on spinning, your world seems to have stopped and you begin to wonder, “Lord, where are You?”

In Psalm 139, David reminds us that we do not journey through this life alone. Our loving heavenly Father is and has been with each believer every single day. He’s more than a traveling companion—He keeps His mighty hand on us and surrounds us with protective love (Psalm 139:5). 5 You have enclosed me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me. Nothing comes our way without His knowledge. And He gives His children the grace not only to endure but also to grow more like Jesus through the experience.

God promises to be with you in all seasons of life, whether joyful or sorrowful (Heb. 13:5).
      5 Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU, NOR WILL I EVER FORSAKE YOU, No matter how dark, depressing, or hopeless the situation may seem, your faithful Father is with you because His love never fails (Rom. 8:31-39). 31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things? 33 Who will bring a charge against God’s elect? God is the one who justifies; 34 who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us. 35 Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 Just as it is written, FOR YOUR SAKE WE ARE BEING PUT TO DEATH ALL DAY LONG; WE WERE CONSIDERED AS SHEEP TO BE SLAUGHTERED.” 37 But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Furthermore, He knows every facet of your situation and is working it out for both your good and His glory (Rom. 8:28). 28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. Besides having the power to meet any need, He also has surpassing comfort for every hurt (2 Corinthians 1:3-4).3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Dark valleys may blind us at the moment, but to our Shepherd, the night is as bright as the day. We can trust Him to bring us out of the shadows and into His light. In the meantime, we must cling to the truth of His Word, which assures us of His lovingkindness and compassion.

• Cisco says:

Nancy Pelosi and the Dem party don’t care. Bernie? He wants the illegal to be able to vote.
      They just will consider it a post-birth abortion.
      😡🔥😡

• andyocoregon says:

We’ve had way too many of these kinds of deaths due to illegal immigration.

• BigMamaTEA says:

can’t/choose NOT to read, thanks for the summary tho amwick!

28. National Geographic Photography Winners – 2018.

Worth a look……………….astonishing…….

29. I love Mexican tostados………..they are easy to make, fresh, and can be healthy if you want !

30. kyblue says:

Whoa. An Illinois lawmaker has offered a solution to abortion.

Male castration anyone?

31. nikkichico7 says:

Good Morning DanDeplorable, I did not see you post today .. yet. Your daily posts are a blessing, be well and God bless you abundantly .. always 🙂❤️

I like the longer post and the newer one … looking forward to seeing you here.

32. Dora says:

33. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.”
    John 14:1 (KJV)

34. nikkichico7 says:

Good morning duchess01 … didn’t see your post, …. look forward to it today along DanDeplorable

God bless you sweetheart … be well ❤️‼️

35. MILupper says:

Great Parody

36. Sometimes just stop and smell the flowers…………….

37. kyblue says:

Anyone else having WP issues. Started Monday with having to log in. A first. My password was refused. And my bell icon has only been working sometimes. No biggie, really. I was just curious.

38. kyblue says:

Sheriff Clarke said he is changing his view of citizen militia being involved at the border after a recent visit..

• BigMamaTEA says:

Oh yes…..I’ve twatted many from other parts of the country to “make it to OK, and I’ll drive you down” It’s gross! We eventually get the ones who break through Texas…Our guys/gals here catch a TON of them here.

• andyocoregon says:

“twatted”? …………. 🙂

• BigMamaTEA says:

Yes…twatted. My slang for that corrupt social media company that I still use because of their “reach” , but hate, whilst the other ones gab, a 2 smaller I’ve forgotten their names, build their numbers.

I also have been in twit-mo 4 times, whilst eventually escaping w/o replacing my on-line identity.
          That’s another story…….This time….I’ve been keeping all my contacts, since twatter now makes me start over each time. (never cared much regarding the number count thing, JUST the contacts)

• andyocoregon says:

What concerns me most about the citizen militia groups at the border is what do they do with the illegal aliens once they detain them? I assume they turn them over to Border Patrol officers, so what difference does it then make between being detained by civilian militia guys or self-surrendering to Border Patrol? Once they’re processed, they are turned loose to roam our country anyway.
      Our laws need to be changed so we can immediately deport anyone who comes into our country illegally. Most of the “asylum” seekers are posers anyway.

• bjosz says:

I love Sheriff David Clark!! Also, I read on OANN (?) earlier that New Mexico has a Choctaw Indian running for Senator in New Mexico! I pray that he will be supported and win! (I was born in New Mexico)

39. Green Lantern says:

Thankfully, The Lord’s Prayer was not the version from The (demonic) Passion Translation. I’m amazed that so many Christians have gravitated to a version of the Bible, in which much of it is either re-written, added to, and in the case of Jesus’ name, sometimes omitted, calling Him Anointed One or Master.

40. smiley2 says:

I have to log-in almost every time I leave this site, come back and try to post a comment and/or “like” a comment.

right now, returning here, I have to log-in again….that would be something like 3x already today.

and…I just tried to post this as a Reply to Kyblue (above) but it wouldn’t post…trying again….

41. Dora says:

• decisiontime16 says:

Does anyone remember when the measles were a normal part of childhood?

• duchess01 says:

Older people do, decision – perhaps, someone will weigh in – thanks for posting your question – 🙂

• BigMamaTEA says:

IMO….based on a medical career…I’m extremely troubled now. We as a society USED to be able to TRUST the quality of our imported products!!! Dang it…since the CLINTONS….allowing China…..well, let’s just put it this way……

That blood pressure drug….Valsartin….had been imported from China, and was recalled due to our people discovering in that “normal looking” tablet were cancer-causing materials compressed inside as filler. THAT was this last year!! Before that, it was PET FOOD from China.

I WANT our Vaccination programs back to the HIGHER standard….like Produced here…or at least in the western world……NOT based on PRICE with mercury fillers, or whatever the anti-vaxxers are upset about. I won’t discount them either…..There was a time when OUR VACCINES WERE SCREENED, and met some STANDARD of purity.

Where has our FDA been? The previous dude was resigning….which is good…all he cared about was outlawing cigarettes and Vape stuff.

• duchess01 says:

How right you are, Mama – where are the STANDARDS – so much junk coming from foreign countries who have little or no standards – since we learned what is really in the vaccines – it has been a war between vaxxers and anti-vaxxers – purity in pharmaceuticals has gone unchecked – if you read the side effects – from medications – is it worth taking them – now – they want to vaccinate pregnant moms – why?

The FDA has been out to lunch for so long – how can we rely on anything they say – we know studies can be skewed to provide the best possible outcome for Big Pharma – heck – they even do their own studies –

Dunno which is worse – the Education System or the Healthcare System – probably both are in need of ‘special care’ – God Help Us!

• BigMamaTEA says:

I had, pre-Trump decided that EVERY single group/agency/dept. has been corrupted. He’s had so much on his plate, yet has gotten so many things accomplished (that of course most aren’t aware of !) Then the demorats in the senate have done almost everything they can make up to attempt to stall confirmations, including not showing up for a hearing, (which they forgot didn’t really matter) cause the R’s immediately just went to vote with no discussion on one, so haven’t done that again.

Ugh! They’ll start back up on Monday afternoon……and since TurtleHead did the little-nuclear-thingy before they left…..they should start hitting it hard before their next vacay!

• duchess01 says:

Seems to me – this appears to be a pattern of behavior for these annoying CongressCritters – how you can sit there and listen to their machinations is beyond me – I would be ‘screaming in my purse’ every 15 minutes –

All of this is so frustrating – and yet – have to agree with you on what PT has been able to accomplish in spite of them – Post Turtle waffles from one end of the spectrum to the other as he decides which move will benefit him financially.

So tired of the games – if we are frustrated – can you imagine how PT feels – he is used to getting things done – and blasting through any obstructions – not that easy with the kiddies in Congress – who appear to be more interested in thwarting progress than making progress – * Sigh *

• duchess01 says:

Eurythmics – Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) (Official Video)

• Mrs Danvers says:

Yes. And mumps and chicken pox. It was a right of passage for kids.

42. Mandy says:

“Watch Breathtaking Vespers of Holy Friday & Listen Amazing Rachmaninov’s Bless the Lord, O My Soul!” Less than five minutes to watch/listen.

Description of the service found at the youtube video:

“Holy Friday, also known as Good Friday, or Great Friday, is a holiday observed primarily by Christians commemorating the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and his death at Calvary. The holiday is observed during Holy Week as part of the Paschal Triodion on the Friday preceding Easter Sunday. Based on Christian scriptural details of the Sanhedrin Trial of Jesus, the Crucifixion of Jesus was most probably on a Friday (John 19:42). The estimated year of Good Friday is AD 33.

In the afternoon, around 3 pm, all gather for the Vespers of the Taking-Down from the Cross, commemorating the Deposition from the Cross. The Gospel reading is a concatenation taken from all four of the Gospels. During the service, the body of Christ is removed from the cross, as the words in the Gospel reading mention Joseph of Arimathea, wrapped in a linen shroud, and taken to the altar in the sanctuary.

Near the end of the service an epitaphios or “winding sheet” (a cloth embroidered with the image of Christ prepared for burial) is carried in procession to a low table in the nave which represents the Tomb of Christ; it is decorated with many flowers.

The epitaphios itself represents the body of Jesus wrapped in a burial shroud, and is a cloth icon of the body of Christ. Then the priest may deliver a homily and everyone comes forward to venerate the epitaphios. In the Slavic practice, at the end of Vespers, Compline is immediately served, featuring a special Canon of the Crucifixion of our Lord and the Lamentation of the Most Holy Theotokos by Symeon the Logothete.

The epitaphios (“winding sheet”), depicting the preparation of the body of Jesus for burial.

Before the service begins, a “tomb” is erected in the middle of the church building and is decorated with flowers. Also a special icon which is painted on cloth (in Greek, epitaphios; in Slavonic, plaschanitsa) depicting the Saviour is placed on the altar table. In English this icon is often called the winding-sheet.

Vespers begin as usual with hymns about the suffering and death of Christ. After the entrance with the Gospel Book and the singing of Gladsome Light, selections from Exodus, Job, and Isaiah 52 are read. An epistle reading from First Corinthians (1:18-31) is added, and the Gospel is read once more with selections from each of the four accounts of Christ’s crucifixion and burial. The prokeimena and alleluia verses are psalm lines, heard often already in the Good Friday services, prophetic in their meaning:

They divided my garments among them and for my raiment they cast lots (Psalm 22:18).

My God, my God, why hast Thou forsaken me (Ps 22:1).

Thou hast put me in the depths of the Pit, in the regions dark and deep (Ps 88:6).

After more hymns glorifying Christ’s death, while the choir sings the dismissal song of St Simeon, the priest vests fully in his dark-colored robes and incenses the winding-sheet which still lies upon the altar table. Then, after the Our Father, while the people sing the troparion of the day, the priest circles the altar table with the winding-sheet carried above his head and places it into the tomb for veneration by the faithful.

The noble Joseph, when he had taken down Thy most pure body from the Tree, wrapped it in fine linen and anointed it with spices, and placed it in a new tomb (Troparion of Holy Saturday).

43. andyocoregon says:

28 vehicle accident kills four in Colorado. Truck driver charged with vehicular homicide.

44. Sepp says:

Great and Holy Friday in the Orthodox Christian Church

“On Holy and Great Friday, we celebrate the Holy, saving, and dread suffering of our Lord, God, and Savior Jesus Christ: the spittings, the slaps, the blows, the insults, the mockery, the purple robe, the reed, the sponge, the vinegar, the nails, and the lance; and, above all, the Cross and death which He voluntarily accepted for our sake; in addition, we commemorate the saving confession, on the Cross, of the good Thief who was crucified with Him.”

from the Synaxaria of the Triodion

• Sepp says:

Kontakion (hymn)

“Come, let us all praise Him Who was crucified for us; for Mary beheld Him on the Tree and said: Though Thou endurest the Cross, yet Thou art my Son and my God.”

Dismissal Hymn

“Thou didst ransom us from the curse of the Law by Thy precious Blood. Nailed to the Cross and pierced with the lance, Thou didst pour forth immortality for men. O our Saviour, glory be to Thee.”

45. Skippy says:

I saw Jesus in early 1992 with him reaching out to me. I will never forget: bedridden with early labor and other bad events at home, he saved me any my wonderful child and I believe to this day!