April 23rd – 2019 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #824

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

693 Responses to April 23rd – 2019 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #824

1. youme says:

• Bendix says:

Once I got a rebate on a couple of CDs I’d purchased, as part of a class action suit, becuse it was somehow determined that the makers charged too much for them.
      Go figure.
      So, using that precedent, that it can be decided that there was price gouging, the schools that overcharged should have to eat that cost.
      The people who cannot repay their loans, had they been able to make payments on a reasonable amount, might not have defaulted.
      Once somone goes into default, the debt becomes so ridiculously yuge that they keep paying and paying and never pay it off.
      So then, once the sum becomes manageable, the borrowers should get one of those special low, low interest rates, to pay the remainder. Minus what they’ve already paid back in loans and fees.
      To those who went to the overpriced schools and paid it back anyhow, I’d say they should get a refund of the amount they overpaid.
      Those who went through a bankruptcy which wasn’t solely student loan debt, who would’ve qualified for a bankruptcy without that debt, should have the debt treated like the rest of their debt and wiped away.
      There are uncounted PARENTS of students, who did as the middle class does, and took out the PLUS loans to educate their kids, fully intending to repay, but who lost their employment as a result of the financial crash.
      How is it fair that these people still owe what they can never, ever repay?

No politician should ever be listened to on this topic, because they didn’t pipe up while it was happening, because it benefitted them and theirs to keep the status quo as it was.
      The people who caused the problems are not going to solve the problems.
      Liz and Bernie benefitted directly from the Higher Ed financial scam.

Mark Steyn the columnist is doing his own investigation of the PLUS loan racket.

One thing I do know, the taxpayers should not be on the hook for this. Liz Warren cannot grant forgiveness for loans she does not own.

• andyocoregon says:

Pocahontas is stark raving stupid if she thinks anyone other than idiots with lots of student loan debt will vote for her.

• I am not in favor of forgiving student loans, but I may be for some type of relief.

But I do like the free college idea.
      I have my own plan.
      Extend High School 4 more years!
      The infrastructure is already there, not being used at night and on weekends.
      I am sure the kids will love the night and weekend classes.
      And am sure the kids will love being in the familiar surroundings of high school, for 4 more years!

• Debra says:

This is akin to what I said when I heard of this Idiocy: USE high school for vocational training classes, instead of teaching kids how to be perpetually offended.

• Kintbury says:

So how are you going to compensate the people who were smart enough to realize they could not afford college. How unfair is that?

• madeline says:

They could work their way through college like many of us did. I went to junior college for my first two years because it was less expensive. My husband worked landscaping every summer to pay for his school and the military paid for his masters. I worked so my three children could go to school and not have any debit the end. My kids worked to pay for some of the expenses. In fact– when they had a part time jobs they did better in school because they had to schedule their time better, they didn’t have a lot of free time to get into trouble. I’m not interested in paying for other peoples children’s college. I paid for my kids and myself that is enough.

Lizzy didn’t pay for her school–we did–she lied her way through school.

• By giving them 4 more years of high school!

• jengancworld says:

I and my wife think that’s a fantastic idea!!

• Amy2 says:

Liz, stop digging.

• brace1272 says:

Everything I see on this subject involves finding a way to make it easier to pay for college. Nothing about finding ways to hold down or lower the costs.

2. Dora says:

U.N. Strategically Positioned in Mexico

Headlines With A Voice

3. duchess01 says:

#Obama #Hillary #TRUMP
    Trump/Just know! they wont get away with what they did 4-23-19

4. roger duroid says:

Stock market at all time high and not a peep from MSM.

5. duchess01 says:

6. Marc says:

New George Papadopoulos Interview. He goes into great detail here.

• Troublemaker10 says:

Wow! That is one heck of an interview. I couldn’t stop listening. I hope Papadopolous’ keeps doing these interviews.

7. henry says:

8. KnowSERENoFear says:

News on State’s efforts to take back control:

FTA: “Last week, a Missouri Senate Committee approved a bill that would set the foundation to create a “gun rights sanctuary state” by banning state and local enforcement of most federal gun control. Passage into law would represent a major step toward ending federal acts that infringe on the right to keep and bear arms within the state in practice and effect.

Sen. Eric Burlison (R-Battlefield) introduced Senate Bill 367 (SB367). Titled the “Second Amendment Preservation Act,” the legislation would ban any person, including any public officer or employee of the state and its political subdivisions, from enforcing any past, present or future federal “acts, laws, executive orders, administrative orders, court orders, rules, or regulations” that infringe on the right to keep and bear arms.”

FTA: “Last week, the Minnesota Senate unanimously passed a bill that would help facilitate healthcare freedom outside of government insurance regulatory schemes.

A coalition of five Republicans introduced Senate Bill 277 (SF277) on Jan. 17. The legislation would specify that direct primary care agreements (sometimes called medical retainer agreements) do not constitute insurance, thereby freeing doctor and patients from the onerous requirements and regulations under the state insurance code.”

FTA: “Last Wednesday, Arizona Governor Doug Ducey signed a bill into law that will help facilitate healthcare freedom outside of government insurance regulatory schemes.

Sen. Heather Carter (R-Cave Creek) sponsored Senate Bill 1105 (SB1105). The new law specifies that direct primary care agreements (sometimes called medical retainer agreements) do not constitute insurance, thereby freeing doctors, dentists and patients from the onerous requirements and regulations under the state insurance code.

The Senate passed SB1105 by a 30-0 vote. The House approved the measure 59-1. With Ducey’s signature, the law will go into effect 90 days after the legislature adjourns.”

• Luke of the D says:

Finally! I have been patiently waiting for State’s to re-assert their Constitutional authority to nullify Federal over-reach (particularly in light of the liberal assertion of State’s un-Constitutional over-reach of Federal immigration law in the illegal “Sanctuary State/City” BS). Use their weapons against them! But in a perfectly legal way!

• steph_gray says:

Dan Bongino predicted this (a state-level phenomenon of “soft secession” to fight back against the Deep State’s “soft” coup) a while ago on one of his podcasts.

Very interesting and something to watch!

9. Bigly says:

As I listen to this absurd “Easter worshippers” to describe slaughtered Christians on Easter I am reminded of this brilliant response to the peaceful majority.

So much to learn here…just whoa!

10. Perot Conservative says:

VHD covers some misdeeds and abuses by Eric Holder I was unaware of.

Title: Why the Effort to Demonize Attorney General Barr?

Posted by Victor Davis Hanson
    Victor Davis Hanson // National Review

“…It is not as if Barr has referenced himself, in Eric Holder’s partisan fashion, as Trump’s “wing-man.” Nor has he ordered surveillance on, for example, a Fox News reporter, or had the communication records of 20 Associated Press journalists seized, as happened during the Obama administration in efforts to stop leaks of unwelcome news stories. Nor has he been held in contempt of Congress for failure to turn over subpoenaed documents under the cover of a presidential order of executive privilege. There is no suggestion that Barr has abused the perquisites of the office, for example, by using a government jet to go to the horse races with his family. He has avoided controversial value judgements about the nature of the American people and polarizing rhetoric.

“So, more likely, the effort to delegitimize the professional Barr is the opening, preemptory salvo in the second and quite different round of investigations.

“Soon Mr. Barr will be tasked with collating and adjudicating criminal referrals and arguments for indictments coming variously from Inspector General Michael Horowitz, possibly special counsel John Huber, Devin Nunes the ranking Republican and former chair of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, and perhaps later even from Lindsey Graham, Chair of the Senate Committee on the Judiciary, along with any conclusions arising from federal attorneys within the Justice Department itself.”

John Huber’s name pops up again.

11. BREAKING: Iran’s former head of Counter-Intelligence for the IRGC, which President Trump just named as a Terrorist Organization, has sought asylum at a U.S. Embassy in the Persian Gulf.

• This happened 2 WEEKS AGO.

• Imagine the leaders and plans that POTUS acquired, leading up to his Terrorist designation (above) and the May 2nd end of Sanction Waivers for anyone buying oil from Iran!

12. Nick the Deplorable says:

13. patrickhenrycensored says:

14. Clara says:

I just want to make one point today for Sundance’s consideration. I agree with him/her that the entire Special Counsel investigation, from day one, was about obstruction and included multiple over efforts, like the 6 am raids with guns blazing and the taking of files (Cohen’s) that were covered by attorney-client privilege. However, I would like to add that I think so many of the leaks to the media, including those that turned out to be false (e.g. Don Jr. is going to be indicted imminently!), were also perpetrated by the Mueller team, for the sole purpose of goading Trump into firing Mueller. That was really their only hope from Day 1 — that they could push Trump over the edge and goad him into fire Mueller. Then Mueller’s firing could become Mueller’s excuse for why they couldn’t find collusion — Trump interfered! — as well as the best meat he could throw the Dems for impeachment. I think for this reason all these leaks to the media should now become the subject of their own investigation by Barr. I would also like to see Sundance dig into this and do a timelines of all the media leaks — those that turned out to be true as well as those that turned out to be false.

15. jupitercomm says:

Some “Fast & Loose” Remarks RE: “doomer & gloomers”….. in the final analysis, I’m afraid they’re a matter for the experts.

But, while I do believe that demoralization is certainly pushed as a “payload” by hostile actors, let’s be a little more honest w/ ourselves: online political groups, esp on the conservative end of the spectrum, tend to attract a subset of audience that is IN LOVE W/ THEIR DISCONTENT (Unbehagen)

In many cases, there’s no need to posit a conspiracy or coordinated effort to push this misery, whatever form it takes; the simpler explanation is the individuals pushing it are – in a weak sense – “possessed” by a sort of bottomless negativity that feeds on itself

There are considerable advantages to this sort of position, that is, for the individuals’ ego. As long as one can point the finger & shout accusations, one maintains the moral high ground w/o having to think very much, offer any solutions, say anything new, or do anything at all.

Slavoj Zizek quoted Hegel in his recent debate w/ Jordan Petersen, which is worth watching. Hegel said “Evil resides in the gaze which perceives evil all around it.”

• It’s called batter conservative syndrome here at the treehouse

• highdezertgator says:

Jordan lays out a great summary of why capitalism (free market) works better than the Narcissistic Marxist controlled economy. (From 7:00 to 38:00) Then the commie Zizek touts China….. as usual he forgets to mention the 60 or so million killed by Maoist Marxism..

• jupitercomm says:

I’ve read Zizek extensively. He’s actually horrified by China & says so later in the debate. He thinks it may serve as the globalists’ new mode: a “market economy” w/ an authoritarian political structure….

Technically China’s economy is capitalist. It’s even got a stock market & casinos. But the Communist Party exerts iron control…. significantly, Zizek brings up the banning of trade unions in China, which is counter-Marxist doctrine (see Lenin on Trade Unionism)

It was Polish Solidarity, trade unionism, that broke the Soviets’ grip on Poland & became a huge symbol to the world of the imminent collapse of the USSR’s political authority & legitimacy. The Chinese are smarter: they don’t want to let another Solidarity to rise period

• highdezertgator says:

Being “horrified” does not equate to “total denouncement of 60 Million gone due to Maoist Marxist”…. ask the Chinese Christians how it’s going…. they are being jailed as we speak…. and that’s more than “horrifying”… his speech impediment makes it difficult to listen… mostly skipped to Jordan who has condemned the mass murders of Marxism many times. I do appreciate the dialog and Shalom.

• Deb says:

Battered conservative syndrome is an old name for this. A more recent one is Eyeore. In Winnie the Pooh, Eyeore was always gloomy and spoke in a pessimistic tone, even when things were going well.

16. duchess01 says:

Journalists Were Charged With 15 Felonies For Exposing Planned Parenthood In Undercover Videos. Here’s The Latest.

April 23, 2019
    by Amanda Prestigiacomo, Daily Wire

17. Frbrdskmi8 says:

Hope this link opens correctly, I apologize if it doesn’t.

18. rustybritches says:

I don’t know if this is the place to post this or not, but here goes, I have been waiting since the day the Mueller Report was released for the house and senate Republicans to at least go to the White House and make sure that President Trump knows they have his back now weather they did before or not, but I have not seen one word from McConnell I have seen that he has posted several items on town hall and britebart but not a word about the President, Maybe I have missed it and hope that I am wrong here. I have not seen any of the Republicans come out and fight back against the dems and their crap about impeaching the President Yes, I know this is all crap and they will never do this but between the house members committees they will cause him a lot of pain before its over I think that if Granny has any really good prayers about the good lord standing in the way of these people I would truly appreciate it if she would post them Thank You SD for all you do here too my head is always full of new information sometimes not sure how well I digest all of it but I keep trying to understand the scope of what they did to bring the President and those around him down I pray daily for him and his family, and I just hope that all will be ok for him

• snarkybeach says:

McConnell has told Senate Rs to keep their distance from the President in their reelection campaigns

• Bonitabaycane says:

I would love to see the Republicans stand up for POTUS and fight back as hard as the Left is fighting.

That, however, would require the RINO Squishes to have something they don’t have..,….a spine……

• Paprika says:

I count 0 Senators that truly have President Trump’s back or that are truly MAGA–America before and/or above politics.

I count 10 Representatives that seem to back the president and believe in MAGA.

Nunes
      Jordan
      Meadows
      Gohmer
      King
      Ratcliff
      Biggs
      Crenshaw
      Collins
      Gaetz

(apologies for misspelling any names)

Pretty dang slim list for all that President Trump has done and wants to accomplish for the American people!

19. franz dorn says:

What happened to this story. BREAKING: After IG Horowitz forced Mueller to kick politically biased Trump-hater Strzok off his investigative team, Mueller embedded FBI analysts in his office whose sole purpose was writing summaries of his investigation & reporting findings back to Strzok’s C.I. team at FBI HQ

8:37 PM – 21 Apr 2019

20. Paul Sperry’s tweet.l

21. If you listen to anything this week, do yourself a favor to watch this “interview” with Jared Kushner (for any CTH newcomers, he’s Ivanka Trump’s husband and Assistant to President Trump). Incredibly far-ranging contributions, straightforward and articulate without a word wasted.

22. Clara says:

I think Sundance is dead-on accurate that the entire Mueller affair from day one was about goading Trump into obstruction. But, in addition to all the 6 am raids with gun blazing, as well as the raid on Cohen’s office and the stealing of documents protected by attorney-client privilege, I think all the LEAKS, including those that turned out to be false (e.g. Don Jr. is about to be indicted), were also orchestrated by the Mueller team, for the sole purpose of trying to goad Trump into firing Mueller. In hindsight, we can see that this was their only hope. They knew they had no evidence of collusion. So they needed Trump to fire Mueller. That way they could have claimed, “We don’t know whether there was collusion. Trump interfered!” They could also have handed the Dems the red meat they needed, on a silver platter, for impeachment.

I think all the leaks during this thing, including the one about Don Jr. being imminently indicted, need to be investigated now by Barr as well.

23. Henry says:

• Sandra-VA says:

So Jack Dorsey is going to tell the President that he will be banned if he doesn’t toe the line as dictated by Jack Dorsey?

Or that his tweets will be censored if they contain language that upsets the little snowflakes?

Or is he going to tell POTUS that he has seen the vile and reprehensible bile that is constantly directed at the President on his platform and he is going to make sure this does not ever happen again? And maybe he will offer his sincerest apologies for using algorithms that ban or suppress the President’s real supporters?

Oh, to be a fly on that wall!!!!!!

• andyocoregon says:

Have to wonder why we don’t find this on any other news sources? You’d think it’s kind of a big deal.
      Having said that, don’t you know those U.S. pilots had a good time blasting the oil tankers?

• Sherri Young says:

Are you suggesting that the leaflets that Obama ordered to be dropped on oil tanker trucks did not knock out the problem? /s

• Ivehadit says:

Thank you, Mr. Iowa, for telling us who you are and what you want. Move along now.

• madeline says:

I keep waiting for many of the Democrat house members that came from districts PDT won to flip to Republican as the Democrat party become crazier and crazier.

• Bert Darrell says:

Yahoo news is pure, unadulterated garbage. They hate PDJT and don’t even try to hide it. There is a reason why they had to sell out cheaply. Verizon bought the outfit and now is stuck with the garbage and its stink. I won’t click on a yahoo.com/news link even if you paid me … and would not touch anything Verizon with a 10-foot pole.

24. Henry says:

Poor cher

25. FofBW says:

Wonder if PT reached across the desk and slapped him!

• Rileytrips says:

No happy/smiley faces on anybody in that room. I sure hope Jack listens to the President!

• Sandra-VA says:

• Deb says:

And today an interview with Tim Cook revealed what we at the Treehouse guessed in early 2016, that the DOJ was lying and illegally pressuring Apple to unlock the phone of the San Bernardino terrorists. It was disclosed that the FBI had the tools to unlock the phone all along, and the Obama DOJ tried to strong arm Apple. Of course techies, many of whom comment here, knew that the DOJ had the tools needed to get into the phone. Apple refused to comply with the DOJ and violate the 4th Ammendment, and the DOJ was forced to backed down.

This is important to note, as the Obama DOJ also violated PDJT’s 4th Ammendment rights. They have a long history of ignoring privacy rights.

American Stasi indeed.

26. Dora says:

27. Did anyone notice the twitter interface has been changed. I think twitter is committing suicide. The new interface is worthless. I just looked around and exited.

28. Og Oggilby says:

Argument Analysis: Divided Court Seems Ready to Uphold Citizenship Question on 2020 Census
    April 23rd, 2019 1:08 pm:

“The Supreme Court heard oral argument this morning in the dispute over the Trump administration’s decision to include a question about citizenship on the 2020 census…After roughly 80 minutes of often tense debate, the justices seemed divided along ideological lines, with the conservative justices appearing ready to uphold the use of the question….”

Here’s a transcript of the oral argument….

29. Henry says:

Heh

30. Perot Conservative says:

31. Perot Conservative says:

32. Perot Conservative says:

Same as the attackers in Sri Lanka.

33. kyblue says:

Speaking of the Clintons…

Imbedded in the Mueller report was a claim the Russians taped Bill Clinton’s, uh, telephone conversations with Monica Lewinsky

• jupitercomm says:

I’ve heard that for years but shocking it surfaces in the Mueller Report

“You don’t wanna go here, Peter…. Not after what you people did” – POTUS 42
      “This can NEVER happen to another President” – POTUS 45

• kyblue says:

I had never heard about the recorded telephone chats, jupiter. But boy, Clinton really lays one on Jennings, doesn’t he? And he comes across as oh so indignant about the hounding he took from Ken Starr. He is something, for sure.

34. Sandra-VA says:

Today’s Treasury’s response to Chairman Neal with regard to President Trump’s tax returns:

Basically…. NO!

I urge everyone to read the letter and appendix! It is a beautifully written response 😀

35. citizen817 says:

36. citizen817 says:

37. Perot Conservative says:

Like Joe DiGenova says, I don’t care what’s in Horowitz’s report … time for Indictments and Grand Juries.

Blistering 15 minutes, w some new insights.

It is the Weismann Report; Mueller embarrassed himself with this report.

Weismann left the DOJ because he fidn’t want to be questioned about his role in the dossier; but he will face a Grand Jury.

Two Big Questions sitting out there.

1. (6:15) Mr Mueller filled out a Waiver of Conflicts. What are those?

2. Judge Contreras took Michael Flynn’s guilty plea, then forced to recuse jimself. What was the reason?

(9:00) Christopher Steele testified in the UK that he couldn’t verify the dossier information.

He believes McCabe’s indictment is being delayed due to orher potential matters.

(12:00) Susan Rice memo. How many other meetings at the White House?

Things are going to get ugly for the Democrats. Don’t forget Nunes saw the documents where Susan Rice and Ben Rhodes briefed the president on all of this.

38. Perot Conservative says:

Bingo!

39. Sandra-VA says:

But they will use other money to build the wall 😉

• Michelle says:

Personally I would WANT a border wall on my land. I wouldn’t want my property to be a magnet for drug dealers and people with illegal intentions. Anyone who doesn’t want a border wall on their land must have some nefarious reason.

40. snellvillebob says:

An article on the Gateway Pundit says that Rep. John Ratcliffe saw the FISA warrants and reported the Dossier said it was verified.
    “They all posted in big bold letters “VERIFIED APPLICATION” all in capitals on all of their warrants to the FISA Court to spy on Carter Page and the Trump campaign.”

41. duchess01 says:

‘There is going to be a grand jury and Obama folks are going to need lawyers’…

Posted by Kane on April 23, 2019 6:10 pm

‘They poked the bear when they poked Bill Barr. And they poked the wrong bear. There is going to be a grand jury and some Obama folks are going to need lawyers.’

42. Nick the Deplorable says:

President just blocked Don McGahn from testifying.

• NJF says:

Good. He already testified for 30+ hours.

• citizen817 says:

Trump lawyer Michael Purpura claimed the subpoena threatens confidential information, saying in a statement that it “unconstitutionally encroaches on fundamental executive branch interests.”

Kline now works for the Department of Defense, and his lawyer, Robert Driscoll, indicated he would comply with the White House’s direction.

“With two masters from two equal branches of government, we will follow the instructions of the one that employs him,” Driscoll said.

43. citizen817 says:

Mick Mulvaney:
    “It’s fun to be Catholic in the Trump administration.”

44. NJF says:

Brian seems cranky, he should have another donut.