Sunday April 21st – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

160 Responses to Sunday April 21st – Open Thread

1. DanDeplorable says:

He Is Risen!

2. DanDeplorable says:

He Is Risen!

3. repost..
    He has Risen!
    God Bless everyone today..

4. DanDeplorable says:

He Is Risen!

5. DanDeplorable says:

He Is Risen!

6. DanDeplorable says:

He Is Risen!

7. Deplorable_Infidel says:

The Christian Home

“As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord” (Josh. 24:15).

There is no place in all this world so wholesome and refreshing as a Christian home, a home where Christ is truly loved and honored.

This writer was brought up in such a home. There were ten of us: dad, mother and eight children. There was lots going on all the time, but a truly happy home it was, for dad and mother never let us get so busy with temporal things that we brushed eternal values aside.

On the basis that “man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God” (Luke 4:4), we read some small portion of the Bible before every meal, and had family devotions before retiring at night.

Result: all eight children have blessed the dear dad and mother who led them aright, morally and spiritually, and best of all, taught them the importance of trusting in the Savior who died for all our sins. More: five of the children and many of the grandchildren have given themselves for full time Christian service, and have become pastors, college deans, Christian writers and missionaries in various parts of the world.

This is not because we are one whit better than others, but because we have experienced the help and grace of God in our lives. And it all began as, one day, a young American, like Joshua of old, came to a decision and declared:

“As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”

By Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

8. KP Smith says:

The Physical Appearance Of Jesus

To Tiberius Caesar:

A young man appeared in Galilee preaching with humble unction, a new law in the Name of the God that had sent Him. At first I was apprehensive that His deisgn was to stir up the people against the Romans, but my fears were soon dispelled. Jesus of Nazareth spoke rather as a friend of the Romans than of the Jews. One day I observed in the midst of a group of people a young man who was leaning against a tree, calmly addressing the multitude. I was told it was Jesus. This I could easily have suspected so great was the difference between Him and those who were listening to Him. His golden colored hair and beard gave to His appearance a celestial aspect. He appeared to be about 30 years of age. Never have I seen a sweeter or more serene countenance. What a contrast between Him and His hearers with their black beards and tawny complexions! Unwilling to interrupt Him by my presence, I continued my walk but signified to my secretary to join the group and listen. Later, my secretary reported that never had he seen in the works of all the philosophers anything that compared to the teachings of Jesus. He told me that Jesus was neither seditious nor rebellious, so we extended to Him our protection. He was at liberty to act, to speak, to assemble and to address the people. This unlimited freedom provoked the Jews – not the poor but the rich and powerful.

Later, I wrote to Jesus requesting an interview with Him at the Praetorium. He came. When the Nazarene made His appearance I was having my morning walk and as I faced Him my feet seemed fastened with an iron hand to the marble pavement and I trembled in every limb as a guilty culprit, though He was calm. For some time I stood admiring this extraordinary man. There was nothing in Him that was repelling, nor in His character, yet I felt awed in His presence. I elevated Him far above the philosophers and teachers of His day. All in all, He made a deep impression upon me and everyone because of His kindness, simplicity, humility and love.

He could convert water into wine; He could change death into life, disease into health; He could calm the seas, still the storms, call up fish with a silver coin in it’s mouth. I say if He could do all these things, which He did and many more, as the Jews all testify, and it was doing these things that created this enmity against Him — He was not charged with criminal offenses, nor of wrongdoing any individual in person, and all these facts are known to thousands, as well by His foes as by His friends — I am almost ready to say, as did Manlius at the cross, “Truly this was the Son of God.”

Now, noble Sovereign, this is as near the facts in the case as I can arrive.
    I am your most obediant servant,

PONTIUS PILATE

9. DanDeplorable says:

He Is Risen Indeed!

10. Good and joyous Passover/Resurrection Sunday to all Treepers:

May you be found in the Lord’s favor this day as we celebrate the Resurrection and Eternal Absolute-Sovereign Throne of our Lord and Messiah, Jesus Christ.

I am posting this on the Open, Presidential and Prayer request threads.

There is a little something of differing tastes of music here for you to listen to while reading. Many of you will like all these music videos.

I will be listening to the KYRIE of Beethoven’s magnificent MISSA SOLEMNIS as I write some words I’d like to share with you. It is my gift and love of God in my heart for all of you: SD, Ad Rem, Menagerie and every branch and limb of this wonderful Conservative Tree House.

You can listen to that or any one the other selections, or all of them while reading my words below. I hope my words bless, strengthen and encourage every one of you who reads this post. Beethoven’s KYRIE is powerful and inspiring!

Shalom and best to and for all of you and yours this Day!

__________________________________________

RISE AGAIN – Dallas Holm

2nd Chapter of Acts

GRACE TO GRACE – Hillsong

It was just another day under the Sun/SON.
    Planet Earth was spinning day by day, night by night
    Round about and round again in darkness, sin, violence and death
    The people of God were bound by the Law
    A schoolmaster that most could not live up to as Paul wrote

Earth, so wounded and torn asunder
    By a fallen Cherub and his rebelling angels who would plunder
    Her great treasury of Beauty and Children
    Judged by an incomprehensible Flood,
    Millennia of rivers of flowing blood,
    Darkness overwhelming her
    Because of a rebellious Saboteur
    Cast out of Heaven with a third of Heaven’s Stars

Earth stirred and wept in her pain,
    The whole Creation groaned in agony
    Crying out to her Creator…….

“O God, Creator, see!
    I am spinning in my destitution and pain
    So deeply injured by that first great betrayal and stain
    Of sin, loss of innocence in my beautiful Garden
    Is there for me, no pardon?
    You see that my heart is no longer covered by that glorious
    Once perfect Cherub You appointed for me.
    He has left me bereft of Your heavenly blessing of Beauty.
    Is there not in Heaven for me,
    One last, refreshing, invigorating Breath?”

God in Heaven heard.
    His heart was stirred!
    In deep compassion, Love and Mercy answered.
    His Eye scanned His forlorn Creation, broken by sin
    Wherein a New Testimony and glorious Salvation
    The Perfect Sacrifice laid on the Father’s Altar,
    Would be offered once and for all!

It took a long time.
    But great mysteries of Redemption were written ahead.
    The pages were already established about
    The Son of God Who bled
    Was Crucified,
    And Died…….

It was already prophesied in Isaiah 53 and Psalm 22
    David knew…Isaiah too!
    The coming Savior and Messiah
    Who would atone for the sins of the whole world
    So that whosever would believe in Him would not perish,
    But have everlasting life.

But O! the Pain, the Agony, the wrenching of the heart of God!
    Incomprehensible to the mortals He would offer Himself for.
    The bulls of Bashan encircled Him, {Psalm 22}
    Gaped at Him like a raging and roaring lion…….

He said, IT IS FINISHED!
    He passed…
    And went down into the devil’s den and Hell
    Preached to the fallen angels
    And took the keys of Death and Hell
    To forever declare and tell
    The mission was accomplished.
    Satan would be defeated and judged forever!

Oh the fear, dread and terror that shook
    The Fortress of the Gates of Hell that glorious Morn’
    Like a Jerusalem Thorn,
    Piercing the heart of Satan
    Causing greatest consternation
    That Bright and Shining hour of the Resurrection
    The Glory of the Lord,
    The Glory of God
    Our Father in Heaven Who sent His deepest Heart,
    The Son of God…
    Now and for Everlasting Ages of Ages
    The Morning Star
    Who forever and ever without end or ceasing
    Will rule and reign over His whole Creation.

Selah and Amen.

Angelle Staria – 4.20.2019/11:58pm-CST/DST

______________________________________________

An excerpt from John Milton’s poem: ON TIME:

…Then long Eternity shall greet our bliss
    With an individual kiss;
    And Joy shall overtake us as a flood,
    When every thing that is sincerely good
    And perfectly divine,
    With Truth, and Peace, and Love shall ever shine
    About the supreme Throne
    Of him, t’whose happy-making sight alone,
    When once our heav’nly-gilded soul shall clime,
    Then all this Earthy grossness quit,
    Attir’d with Stars, we shall for ever sit,
    Triumphing over Death, and Chance, and thee O Time.

11. Garrison Hall says:

The other day, I was reading some comments by an author of dog books who was deriding the idea of beloved pets passing over a “Rainbow Bridge”. There was no Rainbow Bridge he said. As I read his dismissive words, I couldn’t help wondering how he could know this with such certainty? Then I thought—Might there be a Rainbow Bridge? And then I thought—Why not? Here is what I think.

If you have taken our Lord into your heart, if you have felt the profound experience of His direct love, then you can know things that can reach far beyond written words and the opinions of others. I know our Lord loves us and wants us to be happy. It’s really as simple as that. So I think little Susie, old Buster, Tigger and Bitty Cat, Tuffy, Sweetie, and all the rest of our loyal and loving companions are in Heaven. They’re waiting for me. Our beloved pets will be there, playing with each other as always and happy as ever to see us when it’s our time. This will happen because I believe the Lord wants it to happen and, really, I don’t much care what other people have to say about it. I just know. We’ll be along directly.

Have a wonderful Easter Sunday, Treepers. 🙂

12. Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

The BBC is reporting explosions at two churches and a hotel in Sri Lanka. Blasts shook the ground as Christians celebrated Easter in the tiny island nation south of India formerly known as Ceylon. Breaking news, no further details available. Prayers for those affected.

• The Moslems MUST be stopped ! They are inbred genetic mutations that have been killing, killing, killing for 1,400 years. When will it end? How will it end? At least 50 % of USA $21,000,000,000,000.00 debt islll due to the Moslem Morlocks. The 2 Barbary Wars, WWI, WWII, 9/11, WTC, TSA, 24/7 security at the Statue of Liberty. They’re in Congress. They MUST be stopped. Where I live the moslems are not a factor because of a very smart government and citizenry (unlike USA). But, I have family and friends in USA and am concerned for their safety

• Patrick healy says:

Three churches + three hotels targeted.
      Sadly over 50 lives destroyed and several hundred injured. Mainly Catholics celebrating Christ’s resurrection.
      CNN stated authorities are hunting 6 lone wolves who are obviously in need of psychiatric assistance.
      The New York Times stated at the bottom of page 26 that an incident occured in Ceylon where some people did something to some little Brown people, but no one has claimed responsibility.
      Meanwhile the top stories today are that a new bombshell report from sources inside the white house states Muller was seen golfing with Tiger Woods and Trump at Agusta on Monday last.
      The BBC reported that David Attenborough refuted claims from the U.S. that we had 12 years to save the plant.
      As he was now 94 he was keen to see the world end before he did.
      End of sarcasm.

And a happy and peaceful Easter to all.

• duchess01 says:

Terrorists bomb 6 Christian churches in Sri Lanka on Easter Sunday… 56 dead, 300+ injured…

Posted by Kane on April 21, 2019 1:55 am

• czarowniczy says:

Reports now of over 200 dead AND that state police notified security personnel 10 days ago of possible Easter bombings by a local Islamic terrorist group. Looks like something fell thru the cracks.

13. JC says:

Sang this in church tonight.
    A powerful blessing.
    Happy Easter, everyone!

14. rrick says:

When God said that Sarah should bare a son, and be the mother of nations, Abraham fell on his face and laughed. (Gen. 17:16, 17) When Sarah, who was in the tent behind him, had heard this, she laughed, and she denied it to the LORD. (Gen. 18:12, 15)

They both laughed and why not? Both were old and stricken in years; waxed old, said Sarah. So why was only Sarah chastised for laughing and by none other than the LORD?

Because Abraham laughed in joy, Sarah afraid and not trusting. What was the cause of the joy in Abraham? Was it that God had said? Does not God speak to you and you, and all His children? And when He speaks, what is your response? While it is true that when God speaks to us that we listen. But are we always trusting of Him when He says what we think the impossible? Surely then, there must be more for why Abraham laughed in joy.

Abraham saw. Jesus spoke: ‘Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.” (John 8:56) Christ Jesus knew that Abraham saw; he saw in the offering of Isaac a sacrifice of the Son, he saw the day of Christ, he saw the promise of that day, and he was filled with joy for he believed.

And now, we have seen. By His own works and His Word, His disciples, His apostles, and His works which all are recorded in the histories of Jew and Gentile, we have seen that great atonement which the Son has made unto the reconciliation of us with God. But our faith is not grounded in mortal disclosures, those histories are only further proof of what God hath said; “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given…and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace.” (Isa. 9:6)

Be glad for He is Risen!

• rrick says:

The origin of this rather disjointed writing is that while I was praying and doing a Bible study several times was I drawn to Genesis 17, specifically, ‘Abraham laughed’. Throughout my study, which was in Philippians, I was directed to Gen. 17. I did try to make sense of it but decided I must pray about it.

I think my writing failed to present the fullness of what was intended. However, I believe that when it comes to the word of God, any mention of Him shall bare fruit. I leave it to God to direct the reader towards understanding.

15. Mandy says:

If you have not seen the movie RISEN…it’s really quite good. Here’s a clip….

16. RyderLee says:

Wishing Sundance and Crew and All the Wonderful People Here
    A Very Blessed Easter Sunday and a Brilliant Springtime
    Filled with Love , Flowers and Peace !

I’ve Learned So Much Here from All of You , Thank You 😊

• mopar2016 says:

Happy Easter to you too RyderLee. And to Sundance, his crew, and all treepers.

I firmly believe that the almighty gave us president Trump.
      I’ve believed it since he threw his hat in the ring, and I remember my girlfriend laughing at me for thinking that he had a chance. She said: Looks like my vote is going to cancel yours out again. I said: We’ll see.

• RyderLee says:

Mopar2016 , Thank You So Much ! Joyous Easter to You !

I , too , firmly believe the Will of Our Father gave us Our Awesome President !

Thank You for Easter Wishes and for posting
        the Lovely Picture of Melania and President Trump ! Beautiful 😊

• rrick says:

Mopar, I have a similar story. Very early on – before any candidate had been knocked out of the ring – a close friend said Mr. Trump would become president. I said nothing as I was still deciding. Over the course of time I was convinced that Donald J. Trump would win. I am firmly convinced that God ordained Mr. Trump to be president.

Mopar is a great name I am a Dodge boy going way back. Between my brothers and me we had many RR, Super Bees, Challengers, ‘cudas, Power Wagons. Dad even had a Polara with a hopped 383 we built. My current ride is a 4×4 Power Ram p/u.

17. Dora says:

Claude Monet – Water Lilies, 1905

18. Troublemaker10 says:

• czarowniczy says:

NOW they tell me! And here I thought the failure of EEO-based promotions in my Federal agency were the result of my not trying hard enough to make it work.

19. Troublemaker10 says:

• RyderLee says:

Stellar Photo , Dora 😊 Thank You for Posting That 😍
      Easter Blessings to You 🐥

• rrick says:

Not hard to believe. That was America without communism. What makes it hard to believe is that since then our country has been infiltrated and infected by communism. Every messed up thing we see now in our country is the result straight out of the communist manifesto.

20. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.”
    James 1:3 (KJV)

21. Jase says:

Hristos a inviat.

It may seem a trifle strange to some here, but I am able to celebrate Easter twice this year.
    Mrs Jase is Romanian (Greek) Orthodox and their Easter is next week.
    I had never really realised just how much I took Easter for granted until I actually went to Romania and celebrated Orthodox Easter with her family and their community.
    It took me back to a time when these days had a true spiritual significance. It felt a little strange, at first – and I hope this does not sound sacrilegious – but I feel quite blessed to be able to celebrate the resurrection twice and it has restored much more meaning to my Roman Catholic Easter.
    And such wonderful painted churches and monasteries! They truly are hidden gems.

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

“Adevarat a inviat!”

Yes, He has risen.

Romanian grandmother occasionally called it ‘Eastern’ Orthodox.

Now they are building the largest Orthodox church in the world in Bucharest.

• RyderLee says:

Jase , Thank You for Sharing Your Story ,, You ARE Blessed 😊

22. citizen817 says:

Coca-Cola, Ford And Xerox Boldly Announce: ‘We No Longer Donate To Planned Parenthood

However, PP has been falsely advertising that the companies do still donate, on their website.

Once brought to the companies’ attention, they have each asked the abortion business to immediately remove their names from the list of corporate donors.

Planned Parenthood parades around, waving their list of supporters, but their list is not even updated or accurate. Their biggest scare tactic is their giant backing. However, their bluff is crumbling quickly as the truth comes out.

23. Dora says:

By now, we don’t expect the media to be accurate in their reporting.

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

So we can expect the leader of Sri Lanka to go in national TV dressed like a Nun and recite the 10 Commandments every day for the next two weeks? New Zealand prime minister demands that Ceylon institute stricter bomb-control laws? From authorities in France warnings that although it is too early to speculate on the cause, the explosions were likely due to short circuits at the churches and hotels? United Nations spokesman asks the EU and other non-Muslim countries to accept more Islamic immigrants in hopes that they may then cease their jihad against modern Western civilization? Local reports now claim over 600 injured with more than 200 fatalities ……. God help the Good people of Sri Lanka on this Holy Day.

24. Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Update on the massacre in Sri Lanka today. A total of 8 explosions have rocked the tiny island nation. More than 500 people have been injured and over 150 are deceased.

According to a report from RT News, a violent Muslim group called NTJ (National Thowheeth Jama’ath) had sent out threats regarding this week.The national police chief in Sri Lanka put out a warning one week prior to Easter that NTJ were planning on Easter bombings.

Once again, prayers for those affected by these cowardly acts of evil doers.

25. Dora says:

26. tomidlewood says:

Happy and blessed Easter and Passover

Thanks to eveyone for your outpouring of support yesterday. I am compelled to pass all of the political threads and listen to wonderful music as I search for faith and understanding on open thread

Prayers answered. God Bless The Treehouse and the Treepers.

27. duchess01 says:

Posted by Kane on April 21, 2019 1:55 am

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Waiting for a comment from the functionally illiterate new Minnesota congress member who goes around Capital Hill dressed like an Arab harem slave girl all the time posing for the media. “Some people did some things in like India or somewhere over there.”

• duchess01 says:

Do not hold your breath, Vespucci – she is probably dancing in the streets with her buddies at CAIR – this has been and will continue to be their goal – to kill all infidels – either they convert or they are dead – you know their agenda – to rule the world – just like an other oppressive ideology – Islam is not a religion – so why do they care if churches are destroyed and people die – someone did something – they take no credit – however – terrorist activity is imperative to their cause – big deal made of the mosques in NZ – nothing to see in Europe or Sri Lanka – of consequence.

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

According to the IBTimes of India a couple of the killers have been identified. The bomb attack at the Shangri La hotel was carried out by a suicide bomber Zahran Hashim and the Batticaloa church explosion was carried out by Abu Mohammad.
          The globalists at Reuters are reporting that 7 people have been detained but refuse to identify anyone involved so far. The fake news promoters will push the “motive unknown” narrative as far as they can for as long as they can.

• duchess01 says:

Unfortunately, yes, Ves – and it will not matter – because they have lost all credibility – a friend of mine once told me – even when they report something that is true – it is interspersed with falsehoods.

• Patrick healy says:

Yes well said Deplorable-
        See my comment above at 5.27 am. Minds thinking alike and all that.

28. Dora says:

Great Synagogue of Warsaw reappears as it is beamed onto glass building at site where it was destroyed by the Nazis as they crushed ghetto uprising 76 years ago

29. duchess01 says:

GREAT NEWS From Minnesota – Young Landen ‘Showing Real Signs of Recovery’…

Posted by Kane on April 20, 2019 6:30 pm

30. duchess01 says:

SUNDAY, APRIL 21, 2019
    Is the Resurrection a Reality to You? – He’s Alive for EVERMORE!

31. nikkichico7 says:

Resurrection Hope
    APRIL 21, 2019

John 20:1-31

Within a span of three days, Jesus’ disciples went from heartbroken sadness to triumphant jubilation. The cross appeared to be the end, making them feel hopeless and helpless, but the resurrection announced a new beginning, which brought confidence and courage. The cloud of doubt and despair melted away and was replaced with unshakeable faith.

Can you imagine how they felt when they realized Jesus had risen from the dead? Suddenly hope came alive—they had not believed a lie! His victory over death proved their conviction that He was the Messiah. Now everything He had said was validated as truth.

We commemorate Jesus’ death on the cross with solemnity, but the resurrection calls for applause, praise, and song. All the blessings that come our way through the Savior’s cross are confirmed to us by the resurrection. It proved that the Father was satisfied with His Son’s payment for our sins. We can know that our transgressions are forgiven, and we’re eternally secure.

What’s more, Jesus promises that we, too, will be resurrected and given new bodies. Physical death couldn’t hold Him, nor will it overpower us. Because He overcame the grave, His followers have the same kind of life He has—eternal and indestructible. He’s saved us from hell, transformed our lives, and promised us resurrection to an eternal heavenly inheritance.

We celebrate Easter with rejoicing because our Savior conquered death and lives forevermore. With unwavering faith, we trust the Bible because Christ’s power over the grave proves He can and will fulfill every word.
    intouch.org
    Dr. Charles Stanley

32. nikkichico7 says:

Have a blessed Easter smiley2, Mary (fabulous music videos), and PHC

Numbers 6:24-26 New King James Version (NKJV)
    24 “The Lord bless you and keep you;
    25 The Lord make His face shine upon you,
    And be gracious to you;
    26 The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
    And give you peace.” ’

33. WeeWeed says:

Happy Easter infidels!

34. Dora says:

35. lizzieintexas says:

36. SwampRatTerrier says:

Sri Lanka: Easter Sunday terrorist attacks kill hundreds at churches, hotels
    Vijeta Uniyal – 4/21/2019
    Legal insurrection

Notre Dame was burned down by a computer????
    …………..not buying it.

37. Dora says:

Latest developments

38. bkrg2 says:

Happy Easter Treepers!

Lamb is in the smoker box. Should be reafy in another two hours

39. coltlending says:

Rich Little on Johnny Carson (1973) on Watergate & some other stuff.

40. andyocoregon says:

She should be in hiding…… Hiding her head in shame for her outrageous actions.

41. duchess01 says:

Muslim screaming ‘Allahu Akbar’ throws firecrackers in church during Easter mass, 24 injured in panic (raw footage)…

Posted by Kane on April 21, 2019 1:46 pm

• andyocoregon says:

That would qualify to be a Hate Crime. Dunno if Germany prosecutes Hate Crimes, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they do. But, of course considering this was done by a muslim, they probably won’t charge him.

• duchess01 says:

Not sure Germany even cares one way or another – I agree – muslim = nbd = no charge – but, there must be some deterrent to prevent this from happening, again – Yes?

42. duchess01 says:

United Methodists edge toward breakup over LGBT policies

Under one scenario, many centrists and liberals would leave en masse to form a new denomination — a potentially complex endeavor.

April 20, 2019, 11:45 PM EDT
    By The Associated Press

43. “People do not believe lies because they have to, but because they want to.”
    Malcolm Muggeridge

Joyful Easter to you all!
    Sensitive to the knowledge that we live in a pluralistic society, and that there are undoubtedly many different worldviews within the Treehouse itself, I nevertheless thought of both when I awoke this Easter morning. Easter and Thanksgiving are the holidays most meaningful to me, and I suspect it’s because there is at least one common thread between the two–and also one of the greatest casualties of liberalism–gratitude.

A second casualty might be “Truth.” Many people of varying worldviews today speak of “the truth setting you free”…often without knowing or understanding the absent first portion of the “quote” and why that might be, that is, Truth with a capital “T”. For those of the Baby Boom generation, an even more well-known quote might be, “You want the truth? You can’t handle the truth!” This morning I was listening to a podcast by one of the smartest people (and best speakers) I know of, Ravi Zacharias. He was speaking of a friend of his and one of the smartest people he ever knew, the late Malcolm Muggeridge, former British journalism giant, atheist, communist, and liberal. The talk, even though “taped” years ago seemed very relevant to today’s America, especially as it pertained to “Truth” and “justice”–two of today’s buzzwords, as in “my truth; your truth,” and “social justice.”

I have included both the expanded Muggeridge quote from the podcast, as well as the link, below. (I decided to read more about Mr. Muggeridge, and found many of his quotes, even from 50 years ago, unbelievably prescient, including the one, and the link above.)

But, as I have thought about Easter, Ravi Zacharias, Malcolm Muggeridge, Truth–and all that is happening in America today, I realized that all I could possibly hope for in this current situation (Russia “investigation”…which, as I have written in this blog before, I believe was designed to coverup actions extending back to Benghazi forward) is…the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. In fact, using the Muggeridge quote as a springboard, I am not as interested in “justice” as I am in knowing the truth. (afterall, Justice is the Lord’s…as is, thankfully, Mercy–the Message of Easter.)

I want the truth. I think I can handle the truth.

I am thankful to know the Truth this Easter.
    He is risen!
    A Joyful Easter to you all.

(quotes and links follow)
    Malcolm Muggeridge (1903-1990) was a British born journalist popular in the nineteen hundreds. Initially attracted by Communism, Muggeridge and his wife lived in Moscow in the 1930’s where he acted as a correspondent for the Manchester Guardian. Increasingly, Muggeridge recognized the failings of Communism and Stalin’s regime, but his writings exposing the widespread famine in the Soviet Union were censored by his editors and refuted by other journalists and publications (most notably, the New York Times). Below is an excerpt from Chronicles of Wasted Time, a collection of Muggeridge’s publications. In it, Muggeridge rebukes immoral policies enacted under the “false face” of justice and provides a chilling example of the cynicism that can exist in government.

“…truth is very beautiful; more so, as I consider, than justice — today’s pursuit — which easily puts on a false face. In the nearly seven decades I have lived through, the world has overflowed with bloodshed and explosions whose dust has never had time to settle before others have erupted; all in purportedly just causes. The quest for justice continues, and the weapons and hatred pile up; but truth was an early casualty. The lies on behalf of which our wars have been fought and our peace treaties concludes! The lies of revolution and of counter-revolution! The lies of advertising, of news, of salesmanship, of politics! The lies of the priest in his pulpit, the professor at his podium, the journalist at his typewriter! The lie stuck like a fish-bone in the throat of the microphone, the hand-held lies of the prowling cameraman! Ignazio Silone told me once how, when he was a member of the old Comintern, some stratagem was under discussion, and the delegate, a newcomer who had never attended before, made the extraordinary observation that if such and such statement were to be put out, it wouldn’t be true. There was a moment of dazed silence, and then everyone began to laugh. They laughed and laughed until tears ran down their cheeks and the Kremlin walls seemed to shake. The same laughter echoes in every council chamber and cabinet room, wherever two or more are gathered together to exercise authority. It is truth that has died, not God.”

Malcolm Muggeridge, Chronicles of Wasted Time, (Vancouver: Regent College Publishing, 2006), 19-20.

Ravi Zacharias podcast, “Just Thinking” on Malcolm Muggeridge and Truth in today’s society
    [audio src="https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=632111634#episodeGuid=https%3A%2F%2Fs3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com%2Frzimmedia.rzim.org%2FLMPT%2FLMP20190420.mp3" /]

44. Blessed Easter Sunday Patrickhenrycensored 🙏🙏🙏