Saturday April 20th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

276 Responses to Saturday April 20th – Open Thread

1. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Hands Up!

“I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting” (I Timothy 2:8).

I’m often asked if Paul meant we should literally lift our hands when we pray. Since this is how David prayed (Ps. 141:2), we know there’s nothing wrong with doing so, as long as you understand what Paul meant when he stipulated that the hands you lift in prayer must be “holy.”

I say that because some think that Paul is referencing the Law, where God vowed He wouldn’t hear His people if the hands they lifted in prayer weren’t holy:

“…when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide Mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood” (Isa. 1:15 cf. Ps. 66:18).

But this cannot be what Paul had in mind here, for “we are not under the law, but under grace” (Rom. 6:15). Sin does not hinder your prayers in the dispensation of grace, but all who love the Lord will be careful not to presume upon God’s grace by continuing in sin that grace may abound (Rom. 6:1,2).

But this means there must be some other reason the apostle speaks of lifting up holy hands, and there is. You see, in the context, Paul has just finished instructing us to pray “for kings, and for all that are in authority” (I Tim. 2:1,2). So Paul is actually saying that the hands you lift in prayer to pray for our leaders in government must not be involved in any unholy subversive activities against the leaders in government for whom you are praying, leaders to whom God says we should be subject (Titus 3:1) without resisting (Rom. 13:1-7).

This is also why Paul says men should pray “without wrath and doubting” (I Tim. 2:8). Some would connect his words here to the kingdom program, where the Lord told the Jews to whom He ministered, (See Matthew 15:24 and Romans 15:8.) “when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any” (Mark 11:25). There was certainly no room for wrath in an instruction like that! They were also told,

“Whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart… he shall have whatsoever he saith… what things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them” (Mark 11:23,24).

But every believer who has ever prayed without doubting, only to not receive whatsoever he prayed for, knows that we are not under God’s kingdom program for Israel any more than we are under the Law that He gave them. So these references to wrath and doubting under the kingdom program cannot be what Paul had in mind when he said to pray “without wrath and doubting.”

Rather, in the context, Paul is directing us to pray for our leaders in government without the wrath toward them that was probably so common among God’s people in Paul’s day that the apostle had to address it. Even today, believers are continuously angry with our leaders, and always doubting their ability to lead us. So Paul’s instruction that we should pray for them “without wrath and doubting” is as needful today as it was the day those words left his pen. So instead of railing on our leaders, beloved, let’s pray for them.

By Pastor Ricky Kurth

1 Timothy 2:8 I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.

Psalm 141:2 Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.

Isaiah 1:15 And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.

Psalm 66:18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:

Romans 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
    2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

1 Timothy 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
    2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

Titus 3:1 Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,

Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
    2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
    3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
    5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.
    6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God’s ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.
    7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Romans 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Mark 11:25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

Mark 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
    24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

• Joshua says:

And we are entold to trust those in authority as they are entrusted. “Without doubting”…

[i left sentences left out for brevity(*) – it is a built-in] … And this is why it is heinous to accost a child in mind or body. And this is why is it better to remove thyselve from the equation (if so, and any way you can).

Any way.

What you do to the children you do to yourself ten fold; in benevolence and violation.. To impart unsure wisdom without condition is to violate this(*)(they don’t know of trust (they only know of will and power (obedience by force)) so it is of no use on the deceivers).

But you know this and this why taking advantage of what is built-in to children is not to be done at ALL costs.

This is the same message. It is all there. It was simply ignored for money.

• Joshua says:

In case that is unclear (and I’m certain it is, but I’m too lazy to fill in the 3 sentences)

It goes back to Eternity. See previous.

Your child’s impact on your eternity is at least 10 fold; and their child’s on your is 10 on 10… and so it compounds. Etc and so on.

Reap what sew.

• Pale rider says:

Come to him as little children. Acceptance in everything.
          We are taught from birth to earn acceptance, love, it’s not God who says that it’s the fallen heart of man. God says yes and amen, amen is agreement or yes.
          The only reason we don’t receive from God is “us”. All the judgments we have that are selfish of us or others. You are not righteous because you see sin but because you help those who don’t. Key word help, not damage. That is where judging is to be used. And you must judge yourself, your intentions for everything. It defines who you are not your actions or words. The Holy Spirit does that and it hurts for quite some time until you accept it and act on his urges.
          Embrace your problems your faults, they are opportunities. It’s Gods beauty for ashes, oil of joy for mourning. With God everything is blessing, without all is a curse.

• tomidlewood says:

1st time on open thread but WordPress won’t let me like thing. Comments?

• tomidlewood says:

I am in. Thank you and good morning. I am moved by prayer to be here today.

• Too Real says:

ANALYSIS/OPINION:
            From noon until three in the afternoon darkness came over all the land. About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”). When some of those standing there heard this, they said, “He’s calling Elijah.” Immediately one of them ran and got a sponge. He filled it with wine vinegar, put it on a staff, and offered it to Jesus to drink. The rest said, “Now leave him alone. Let’s see if Elijah comes to save him.” And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.
            — Matthew 27: 45-50
            Thinking about Jesus crying out from the cross on the original Good Friday reminds me of a sermon on prayer I heard years ago.
            Tonette and I were visiting a church in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and the pastor was gone so the message was delivered that day by a professor from a Christian college in Illinois.
            The professor told of how he had been called to a nursing home to minister to a resident in the last stages of his life. Seems as though the elderly man was not near his home church and was hoping to visit with a minister.
            As they talked, the professor asked about his prayer life. Laying in bed, the terminally ill man pointed to an empty chair near the wall. He told the professor that since he couldn’t get around, he would sit in his bed all day and talk to Jesus as though he was a dear friend sitting in that chair.

The old man talked to Him about everything. His thanks for the many blessings in his life, his aches and pains and fears of the unknown, and whatever else was on his mind at the moment — all were a part of his daily conversation with God.
            What a wonderful description of prayer the professor shared with the congregation that Sunday morning. The dying man had found a way to connect to Jesus in a very real form.
            More than 2,000 years ago, people longed to be close to Jesus. Children came running to him. The disciples loved being around him. The sick cried out to him. A woman who had been subject to bleeding for 12 years even reached out just to touch his cloak.
            Because Christ is not physically among us today, many followers have a hard time feeling that same intimate connection with Jesus. All too often, we think of prayer only being observed in a place of worship, by clergy or around the dinner table.
            What if we didn’t just reach to God during services or before a meal or in a crisis? What if we connected with Him all the time? Most of us reach out to our family and friends multiple times a day via text or a call. Why can’t we do that with Jesus?
            In a world where social media is supposed to connect us all, why do so many feel lonely? Posts and tweets are great, but do people really understand what we are really feeling at that moment?
            During the first presidential debate in Cleveland in August 2015, I was asked what kind of impact God had on my life. First, I mentioned that I am a sinner and that it is only by the blood of Jesus Christ that I am saved. I try to do His will every day but it’s not like God sends us an email with instructions on what we are supposed to do (it would be much easier if He did). No, instead God asks us to have a personal relationship with Him. Prayer is a way to help understand God’s will.
            Which brings me back to that sermon in Iowa. After describing the wonderful image of prayer, the visiting professor told us of how he received a call from the staff at the nursing home a few days after his visit. They thanked him for coming by to see their patient as he passed away during the previous night.
            Amazingly, the man who had been confined to a bed for some time had found the strength to get out of that bed and crawl across the room. When they found him in the morning, he was laying with his head on the seat of the chair — he had found his final comfort resting his head in the lap of Jesus.
            As we observe Good Friday today and celebrate Easter on Sunday, I pray that each of us can find that comfort — here on earth and in heaven.

• warrprin1 says:

Thank you and God bless you, Too Real. This is a beautiful story of the faith of three men: one whose physical body had reached its limit but his faith was boundless, one whose kind and faithful heart brought comfort to a dying man, and in so doing experienced the strengthening of his own faith, and finally one who has faithfully shared the miracle with the congregation gathered here, as we await the start of the 3rd Day.

The mystical power of prayer reveals the Lord’s boundless Love, and His Power to change the heart. It took me the better part of a lifetime to say YES, but in the midst of my sorrow and terrible anger, He picked me up off the floor, and has carried me ever since. There is no going back to “before”. To quote a beloved CTH Friend who reminds us daily, “Thank you, Lord, for promises kept, and blessings received.”

• Too Real:

Amen to all you wrote here.

I have maintained the necessity (and joy!) of living in a perpetual state of communion with the Lord by His Holy Spirit.

It can become so constant, that no matter what you are doing, even during your busiest times, working, whatever, at the very least, a continual abiding fellowship and communing of God to us and us to Him is always in the background. Prayer becomes as natural breathing. And a bonus is that it gets into your sleeping hours too. I find myself talking to the Lord as if He were always right beside me. It’s just natural to do that once you have cultivated and nourished that kind of relationship and communion with Him.

But we do recognize that we don’t come to Him first. No, He draws us to Himself. No one comes to the Father accept through Jesus Christ, and no one comes to Christ except the Father draw them.

If there is one area where the Lord is more than willing to help us multi-task, it is that area of being able live in a state of communion, prayer, praise in and out all day long while we are about our other natural duties and responsibilities.

Shalom and bless you in the power of His Resurrection and Glory of His Heart!

2. bakocarl says:

What Satan means for evil, God will use for good . . . and there couldn’t be a better example of this than the crucifixion of a blameless Person, God’s Son, turning into the event that would enable the world, by trusting in Him, to be saved.

For a mind-boggling parallel between Jesus’ crucifixion and Joseph being to slavery by his brothers, see

• Hey Bako

In simple words, it’s pretty scary sometimes what God will “allow” in His peoples’ lives for the good and benefit of others.

How many of us live with so great a devotion to God and worship of Him to lay our lives down in whatever the particulars are in present earthen occupation and our place in the Body of Jesus Christ. What are we willing to suffer if need be for the sake of others?

ROMANS 12:1 is a heavy duty call to sacrifice no matter what occupation, job or stance in life you occupy.

And I am remembering the words of Jesus…..”Greater love has no man than this that he lay down his life for his friend.”

Each can only answer this great issue between God and themselves.

True worship is not only raising our hands and praising God in church services. The deepest and most powerful worship of God is giving Him His full rights in our lives so that He can do anything He so pleases to do with them.

Have a great Passover/Resurrection Day!

Shalom

• Pale rider says:

Scary is an understatement. Think about just the abortions alone.

• Pale:

About 60M now.

I have stated to many over the past year or two that I cannot help but think such a massive slaughter of innocents and shedding of blood will be the thing that will finally move God to an outbreak of His furious wrath, anger and indignation.

God is patience. But He can be driven to react to man’s defections in anger.

ISAIAH 42:14…I have long time held My peace; I have been still, and refrained myself: now will I cry like a travailing woman; I will destroy and devour at once.

Talk about scary!

Shalom and blessing for you and yours!

• Pale rider says:

Blessing to you Angelle!
            As a cliche, the ship has left the harbor. We don’t get a do over on this mess unless we repent. That’s the short version of this state of affairs. Remove the sin or the sinner. Will that happen? Imagine the internal fortitude to do that, by anyone.
            Everybody voted God out, well who did we think was protecting us, feeding us, blessing us. The choices are always as simple as heaven or hell. Death or life. Truth or lie. Not complicated but eternal.
            Wrath to me, is my will not Gods in anything.

• Pale:

Could not have summarized it better myself!

A hearty Amen! 👍👍👍

The nation has been voting and casting God out of national affairs and government for decades. Did people think He was going to wait for us forever?!

Throw in all the new and latest gender perversion along with abortion and culture rot…

Like a retired tank commander friend of mine says, it’s gonna hurt. He always said, “If you see me take my glasses and watch off, things and people are going to get broken.”

Me thinks that the Holy High Commander of the whole Creation….is taking His glasses and watch (time) off. Better hunker down. Life as we know it is gonna change.

Shalom and 🙏

• Pale rider says:

Angelle, this is a grand day for all Christians. My heart is heavy but I know God is just and sovereign. My trust and hope is only in him. Maybe that is the lesson of our time? I guess it’s always the lesson.
                Be blessed your are a blessing.

• Pale:

Yes, He is just and sovereign….and He does what He pleases. Psalm 115:3 David wrote in the Psalms more than once…trust in the Lord. There is much in scripture about trusting God.

I wonder how many people go to their grave never fully coming to that peace. Problem is. God has to put His people in precarious situations to teach them to trust Him.

Have a great week.
                  Shalom, God speed and best!

3. Deplorable_Infidel says:

HAPPY CATURDAY!!!

4. Garrison Hall says:

Classic Willie. If you listen carefully you can hear guitar riffs that are lifted straight out of Jango Rreinhardt’s playing at the Hot Club in Paris in the 20’s and 30’s. Most people don’t realize that Jango’s playing heavily influence Texas swing in the 30’s. Willie has always acknowledged Jango’s influence on his playing. I think Jango would approve.

5. WSB says:

To patrickhenrycensored, we just want to let you know Treepers have you in our prayers.

If you or your loved ones can respond to let us know how you are doing, we would be grateful!

No matter, you are wrapped in our delight of comradery.

Bless you, patrick, on this Easter.

6. Garrison Hall says:

Happy Caterday, Treepers!

Kitties and puppies can be friends . . .

• warrprin1 says:

MAGNIFICENT, Garrison! My bell has been gone for at least two weeks, so cannot “like” any posts without signing into WP over and over again.

🐶 + 🐱 = 😍

• kyblue says:

So, so sweet. Thank you

• czarowniczy says:

No doubt, every now and then for the last ~40 years we’ve dumped a new cat or dog into our mix and after a short period, sometimes requiring some mopping, they settle into a routine. We have dogs and cats, all except for one adults when introduced, living inside and playing together outside. They’re much easier to deal with than people.

7. David says:

Best video about the Israeli Palestinian conflict in case you want to know.

8. David says:

Best video about the Israeli Palestinian conflict in case you want to know.

• JC says:

Thank you, David.

• Jacaranda11816 says:

Well done video, David. I hope they’ll do a follow-up on UNWRA, the UN’s funding arm for the Palestinians. Founded 70 years ago as a jobs and public works program, UNWRA has morphed into nothing more than sponsorship of a vast welfare state (and, less directly, terrorism.) Unlike other international refugee programs that try to promote integration and normalcy, UNWRA has allowed refugee status to be “inherited” by generation after generation of Palestinians.

Not long ago, I saw a news program segment about a Palestinian who was ejected in 1967 during the Six Day war. The man, who is now about 80 years old, was asked how many descendants he had. He replied: “Oh, I stopped counting long ago — at ONE HUNDRED!!” That really crystallized it for me; all that UN money funneled to one end: producing ever-larger masses literally born into both Refugeeism and hatred of Israel.

• smurfette says:

A very well organized piece. It does confirm that he West Bank and Gaza Strip fell into Israel hands in 1967. Perhaps violence begat violence.

Palestinians are not one monolithic block of peoples. They are of all 3 major religions including Christians. The land was formerly called the British Palestines and transferred by purchase for Israel settlements. We speak of guns in America to protect our homes and land that we’ve lived on for only 200 hundred years.

12 Marcheshvan 5756 on the Hebrew calendar at 21:30

But indeed were efforts underway which failed. The most unsettling was the assassination of Yitzak Rabin who had championed the successful and bilateral concessions of the Oslo I Accord. Shimon Perez capitulated. It fell apart. When progress falls apart suddenly, there is a reason not to be blamed on the other side solely which is what the video claims.

In honour of Yitzak Rabin

For those who do not know, the Oslo I Accord was an attempt in 1993 to set up a framework that would lead to the resolution of the ongoing Israeli–Palestinian conflict. It was the first face-to-face agreement between the government of Israel and the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO). Yes, it gave the nations hope.

It was revealed that Avishai Raviv was a well known extremist at the time and a covert Shin Bet agent by code name of Champagne.

• bour3 says:

Brilliant! I’m awestruck. Thank you for this link. Saw it just in time. Man oh man, these kids today just keep right on amazing me. They make me proud.

• bour3 says:

Just realized this is last year. ))) SLAM ((( That does it! I’m never EVER again assuming these things are current. Same thing with the Mike Gallagher interview below. That thing down there is 3 years old!

• andyocoregon says:

But, it was still cool to watch wasn’t it?

I gotta confess I was snookered by the LIVE aspect too. But I still enjoyed watching the launch and recovery of all three boosters. I find it amazing they can speed miles into space and return backwards by remote control to land in pinpoint accuracy on the landing pads.

• czarowniczy says:

Has AOC given her direction on future ‘green’ space launches? Does it involve coyotes and large rubber bands?

9. Texian says:

Southern Boy.. Middle Class.. Growing up in the 70’s.. Grown.. The 80’s..
    Micro-Generational Cuspers.. [Not a boomer or X’er..]
    Chasing the American Dream.. Part IV of IV..

(That Time of Year..)

“The hidden hand deals just one round.. And the Winds of Change prevail..” [Winds of Change, Jefferson Starship, 1982].

There are jobs, there are careers and there are professions. A job sucks eight hours a day. A career sucks five days a week. A “profession” rarely sucks. Sure, things may get hard, but it always ends up being worth it..

Things are called a “profession” for a reason. It’s not a job. You live a “profession.” 24/7. It’s a part of who you are. A talent you were born with. What comes natural to you. What God gave you. What you know you were made for. From the very beginning..

It sure ain’t about the money..

——————————————————-
    A Night in the Life.. Early 1980’s..
    I could have taken the wide path. College. But that Texan in me wanted something more. As a boy I had always wanted to be an Astronaut..

The narrow path. Friends will dump you. You will have no allies. ‘You’re crazy’. ‘You can’t do that’.. ‘You’ll never make it’.. ‘Go back to college dude’.. I packed my car, headed for Houston, and never looked back.

Welcome to rock bottom. Enjoy your stay. With little more than my guitar and a car. .98 cent frozen pizza, sleep on the efficiency apartment floor. The carpet was my bed. Train, work hard, go through sht, work harder. Paycheck. I buy a cot and a 13” tv. Rinse and repeat..

My first year I hired on with a major contractor. I’m already getting wet and logging dives. I continue to hear stories about this other company. They were considered to be the best divers in the world. I finished out my first year and hired on with them. They place me in the next advanced rank, assigned at their small satellite Houston base. Their platform installation and salvage team..

These guys were the real thing. Smart, tough badasses. Most were ex-military special warfare. And they had a way all their own. I steel my resolve. I had finally found what I was looking for. And they were more than happy to oblige, in spades. It was at this point I committed I would rather die than quit. I put my full trust in them, and would do anything for them..

Fast forward..

A Night in the Life.. Late 1980’s..
    Houston.. City of Dreams.. Seems everybody is chasing theirs.. Living fast..

It’s zero dark thirty.. Houston is partying tonight, but my schedule is booked. It’s that time of year, dive season. The crewboat leaves before dawn. I’ll be gone for weeks, maybe months. There is no set schedule. Stay out there until the mission is accomplished. 24, 48, 72.. Straight, be it in hours, days, or a mix of both. Whatever it takes. It’s the way it’s done in this company, on this team. Goal oriented..

I’m filled with quiet resolve. I know what’s ahead of me, and what is expected of me. I put away worldly things and pack my gear. As I leave my uptown Post Oak loft I glance through my wall of windows at the glistening Houston skyline. I’m a long way from sleeping on the floor. I get into my car and turn on radio KLOL 101. “Outlaw Dave” is rockin’ Houston through the night. ‘That Time of Year’..

I take the loop onto I-10 and point my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T toward Sabine Pass. Don’t know if she will still be waiting when I get back. Don’t get too involved with her. It will complicate things. There will be others. I have bigger, more important things to do. I press the accelerator and head into the night. The city lights of Houston fade in my rear view, and stars begin to appear in front of me..
    ——————————————————-

There was not a more fulfilling path in Life than setting out on my own to make my dreams happen.
    I think God meant for us to be this way. For you are truly Living, not just existing. Even if you don’t make it to the top, it’s the path of Life itself that really counts.

Beware though if you go chasing stars, it can and will be a hard and lonely road, with no guarantees whatsoever. You blaze your own trail. The stars shine brightly just out of reach, and the precipice is always one step behind you. Just don’t look down. It tends to make you accelerate even more..

I was living too fast to notice back then, but I had ‘made’ it. If you just do the thing, you’ll have the power. You have to live your dream in order to make it happen.

Believe in yourself.. Because nobody else will..

It’s not about illusory fame and fortune. It’s all about the ride. It turned out I was riding a star the whole time..

And no amount of money can buy that..

I have no regrets..

“First.. Be sure you are right.. Then go ahead..” Davy Crockett

• tomidlewood says:

Tex Thank you for your eloquent post! I read it with tears – I needed to read this today! I’m recently retired but in a deep blue state, working a profession in academia. I lived in the belly of the beast and was a true believer. Then I was moved to leave town. Goodbye to friends and family. Because I’m the ONLY President Trump supporter in my family, there is great tension and distrust. We get together in just 8 hours and am praying for guidance on how best to mend relations. Barr’s recent remarks have opened a window for them, or so I hope. I agreed NOT to mention such matters today. Tex, this is what I needed, right on schedule 3:30 am PST. God bless you and the Treepers!

• andyocoregon says:

Double dog dare you to wear a MAGA shirt. 🙂

• nimrodman says:

Don’t know how much repair this would generate, but I just say – in a very even and calm voice – that we’re all Americans, right?, and President Trump is trying to Make America Great Agan (TM) and all Americans surely have a stake in that, right?, and so I propose that we all join together in unity as Americans and support his efforts.

Then – when his 8 years are up – we can all join in a drink and assess how well he’s done.

As Americans, don’t we all owe each other that respect and unity and cooperation?
        Let’s not be divisive. Let’s join together in unity for the good of America.

Don’t forget that calm voice part …

• amwick says:

What a wonderful story… following a dream….
      My dream was so modest, a job that would pay enough so I could help my mother.
      No regrets on my side… it is funny how things work out.
      Maybe, it there is something I really want, well, it is never too late… dreams live like an ember, carefully stowed away… hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• kyblue says:

Beautiful Texian. Have a wonderful day.

• nimrodman says:

Keep writing, Tex
      Write a screenplay and sell it to Hollywood
      See if you can pitch it to conservative directors like John Milius or Kathryn Bigelow

10. nwtex says:

Am listing (watching on computer) to Mike Gallagher’s radio program where he played a clip of Nadler saying (Friday morning) – “We won the election and Trump stole it”

btw Gallagher is my favorite radio guy….level headed…knows how to converse with his guests…VSG admirer and he has the best guests.

I don’t know if this link will work.

Watch Mike Gallagher interview President Donald Trump live from the White House

This is his web site https://www.mikeonline.com/

11. nwtex says:

God bless this tireless dedicated man.

12. Good Saturday morning, Treepers all.

I really should have posted this comment yesterday, April 19, 2019.

It was the 24th anniversary of the OKC bombing. We were close to that situation and got involved in helping one of the families who lost members to that cowardly, wicked and evil act of terrorism.

PJ Allen and his family were the ones we helped. PJ was about 20 months old at the time. The inside of his lungs were so severely burned that the interior sacs of his lungs melted. He underwent years and years of surgeries. It wouldn’t be until 2004 for the removal of the last tracheotomy tube.

As much as the images of the planes flying into the Twin Towers are etched in people’s minds and memories, so is that image of a firefighter, Chris Fields, carrying the bloodied body of little Baylee Almon out from the rubble. It was heart wrenching. One of those forever images. Baylee would be 25 this year.

I was just stunned to no end for a long time after that horrible occasion. It is still hard to talk about it to this day. Though I personally lost no friends or family members in that bombing, it was like a spear straight through heart. Enough to make a grown man weep.

I live with the grace of God only that keeps me from going off on the deep end of cold, steel hatred of so much of evil mortality. One foot on Earth and Hell, the other foot in Heaven. Hopefully, my heart in God’s hand. Sometimes it’s the only thing that saves me from turning into….well….whatever. I’ll leave it at that.

I must keep in mind, this Passover Sunday, why God did what He did and endured the greatest Sacrifice of His Son, Jesus Christ. That saves me and redeems from hot and buning, furious, killing anger that I could never control myself.

For those interesting in a review, this video is an interview with Chris Fields. Try imagining being in his place.

• amwick says:

TY…
      Have a blessed Easter.

• georgehumphries9802 says:

Well said sir. Only God’s love can calm the raging beast. Imagine His compassion for His creations. He could have destroyed Satan at the moment of his rebellion, but He chose a different path to teach us about His compassion. I’m thankful every day the He forgives my transgressions.

• george:

Thank you for that. It is a good, wise and life-saving lesson to come to lest the rage of turbulent waters and that beast overcome us.

Yes, He could have destroyed Satan at once. He could have wiped out Egypt in one blow in Moses’s Day. He could have blacked out the Gates of Hell completely at His Resurrection, though He did take the keys of Death and Hell away.

He had a longer-range far more glorious plan. His ways are higher than our ways as the heavens are above the Earth. In our patience, as we work out our salvation in fear and trembling, we draw nigh to the perfecting wisdom and the higher lights and perfections of God our Father and Christ our Messiah….though we now see through a glass darkly…we shall see Him Face to face.

His mercies are everlasting and His compassion for us knows no bounds or restrictions!

Shalom and celebrate the Passover and Resurrection this weekend with more joy than ever. Bless you and all of yours!

• andyocoregon says:

And this is why Our President swears an oath to defend us from foes, both foreign and domestic.

13. Blue Ridge Mts. Va says:

Adorable little stray dog becomes the biggest foodie in LA

14. nwtex says:

I post this short news video because, especially at this blessed time, I find her meaasge important.

Mary Lou Palos says the fact she is alive is a “miracle from God.”
    3 hours ago

15. Dora says:

This cat has such curly fur..

• nwtex says:

She’s a snuggle kitty for sure. ❤

• tomidlewood says:

I love kitties! Now I have a dog , Abby, (black lab, purebread, rescue-who will soon be called away. I will be devastated and am suffering from “anticipatory grief” according to doctor. I moved recently into a community with lots of dogs. I offered a neighbor to look after two huge Belgian Malanois for 5 days. They couldn’t believe I did this simply to be a good neighbor. What was my motive? I said that my dog will pass soon and I needed to make some new doggy friends to grieve with. I cried. They were so overjoyed when they returned to find their 1/2 acre yard completely cleaned of old poop, she brought me a cake! I now have a family of freinds FAST. God works in mysterious ways. I seem to get what I need through prayer. Small steps, then giant leaps. Have a blessed Easter and Passover. God bless Sundance (Ad Rem too) I found my new community at the Conservative Treehouse. Thanks to everyone

• BigMamaTEA says:

Welcome to the TreeHouse tomidlewood.

• czarowniczy says:

My duty dog (Zauber, my gravitar) worked together for 10 years. I got him as a pup, trained and worked with him. When he got severe arthritis I knew he was suffering and I took every path I could to keep him with me. He had steroid shots, pain meds, everything the vets at LSU vet orthopedics could do. I was down to carrying him out to go to the bathroom, all he did was lay around on his cushion, doped up. I know where you are with anticipatory grief.

When the time came where I could consider his pain rather than mine I sat down with him, gave him a strong tranquilizer the vet have me and stayed with him/stroked him until he went into a deep and painless sleep. We carried him to the truck, put him in the back seat and drove to the vet’s. My vet gave him an injection as he slept in the back seat and I stayed with him until he left. I took him over to the pet crematorium and his ashes are in an urn in my closet. At some point our ashes will be together, he was and still is that big a part of my life.

I wish you the best in dealing with this, it’s one of the hardest things in life to deal with and it never really leaves you, it just hurts less. We’re looking at our border collie in advanced age as our next to go. She was my great grandson’s constant companion and guard, along with Zauber, when he was a toddler on our farm. We do everything we can to avoid the topic and she’s still in good health but at 14 the end isn’t that far off, we just have to remember that our decisions have to be based on her feelings at not ours.

Again, our best wishes in this matter.

• Lefty says:

God bless you and Abby. It’s tough, really, really tough.
          I had to put down my chocolate lab, Luca, last March after 14 of the best years together.
          I also dreaded the decision and day like crazy. I finally decided the only thing that would fill that hole in my heart would be another puppy!

• Yep, you found us.

And we found you.

God “found” all of us a long time ago before we understood His First Recon Mission.

Salvation by grace!

Shalom, new friend!

16. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:”
    Luke 6:37 (KJV)

17. nwtex says:

18. Dora says:

John Sloan – Easter Eve 1907

19. nwtex says:

Simple and sweet ❤

20. nwtex says:

Kate Smith ‘God Bless America’ Purge Continues, As Hockey’s Philadelphia Flyers Ban Her Music, Cover Statue
    April 19, 2019

21. nwtex says:

The woman sang a song or two 80 years ago and now “they” do this to her!!
    This nonsense MUST stop. Where is an educated loud voice with a clear head to stand up, boldly?
    I want to weep.

Yankees’ ban of Kate Smith’s ‘God Bless America’ is a new PC low
    Apil 19, 2019

The ridiculous excesses of political correctness have now stretched all the way to Yankee Stadium and Philadelphia’s Wells Fargo Center.

22. nwtex says:

23. nwtex says:

awwww sweetness.

24. Dora says:

25. nwtex says:

26. duchess01 says:

SATURDAY, APRIL 20, 2019
    The Evil Fools of Easter and the Former Doubter

27. Blue Ridge Mts. Va says:

Tornado ripped through Franklin County Virginia Causing Property Damage

• amwick says:

Yesterday we spent watching the weather channel for a few hours…. watching this front, and considering which closet we would shelter in, if it came to that.. (not where we live)
      What bothered me is that (earlier) we went to a new store.. a very large store, more like a warehouse or garage type of building. I asked the cashier if they were keeping an eye on the weather (it was still hours away)… and she said no,, Then I asked her if they had a plan or a place to go, if a tornado warning actually happened and she said no… So, I asked her if she had her cell phone, so she could keep an eye on the storms, or get a warning…She smiled… Then I asked her if they had a cooler, a walk in cooler in the building, she thought a bit, smiled and said yes…. I don’t know what prompted me to bring this all up, while we were checking out… but walking out, I said “take care” and I meant it….

28. kyblue says:

The actress Charlize Theron 7 year old adopted son has been a girl since age of three.

29. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

30. kyblue says:

Andrew McCarthy says the Mueller report flouts the constitution…

A defendant does not have to provide burden of proof, McCarthy said. Mueller apparently thought President Trump did🙄

“This is unbecoming behavior for a prosecutor and an outrageous shifting of the burden of proof: The constitutional right of every American to force the government to prove a crime has been committed, rather than to have to prove his or her own innocence.

Read more at https://www.wnd.com/2019/04/mccarthy-mueller-report-flouts-constitution/#WisDQ2fKqLGJt1pm.99

31. Skeinster says:

testing…

32. duchess01 says:

WHERE ARE YOU PATRICK?

Where are you, Bood Guddy Patrick?
    Is this some mean/cruel hat-trick?
    Or is it that you are enjoying peace
    With family where love does not cease
    We be missing you – forgive us, please
    You must be where only God – He sees.

We are anxious – in this mighty treehouse
    Is it you are just playing cat and mouse?
    Like Waldo – you have disappeared
    In the maze – have you reappeared?
    We’re being selfish as we cling to you
    In the silence – we know not what to do.

We decided we would just stop fretting
    You are in God’s Hands we are betting
    Where else could you be if not in this tree
    Resting in peace angels attending thee
    Forgive us – Pat – for all our complaining
    Your spirit is with us – and remaining.

We will fast and pray and pray some more
    That you are dreaming of some distant shore
    That you are flying real high in the sky
    That we are not even wondering why
    You have seemingly abandoned us
    We promise we will stop making a fuss.

Keep dreaming and flying and loving, Pat
    Because that is where it is really at
    If you cannot talk to us spoiled brats
    We understand – we are not Democrats
    We’re a rag tag bunch living in a tree
    Hoping and praying we will all be free.

So whatever you’re doing we’re with you
    In mind, heart, and spirit – we’re praying, too
    That you are at peace in God’s loving hands
    No matter what happens that is what stands
    We will be patient by God’s loving grace
    Knowing you are in His loving embrace.

33. skeinster says:

A blessed Holy Saturday, Treepers.
    Today, we celebrate the Harrowing of Hell, when Christ liberated the just from the Limbo of the Fathers and admitted them to Heaven.
    A poem for today

Limbo
    The ancient greyness shifted
    Suddenly and thinned
    Like mist upon the moors
    Before a wind.
    An old, old prophet lifted
    A shining face and said:
    “He will be coming soon.
    The Son of God is dead;
    He died this afternoon.”

A murmurous excitement stirred all souls.
    they wondered if they dreamed-
    Save one old man who seemed
    Not even to have heard.

And Moses standing,
    Hushed them all to ask
    If any had a welcome song prepared.
    If not, would David take the task?
    And if they cared
    Could not the three young children sing
    The Benedicite, the canticle of praise
    They made when God kept them from perishing
    In the fiery blaze?

A breath of spring surprised them,
    Stilling Moses’ words.
    No one could speak, remembering
    The first fresh flowers,
    The little singing birds.
    Still others thought of fields new ploughed

Or apple trees
    All blossom-boughed.
    Or some, the way a dried bed fills
    With water
    Laughing down green hills.
    The fisherfolk dreamed of the foam
    On bright blue seas.
    The one old man who had not stirred
    Remembered home.

And there He was
    Splendid as the morning sun and fair
    As only God is fair.
    And they, confused with joy,
    Knelt to adore
    Seeing that He wore
    Five crimson stars
    He never had before.
    No canticle at all was sung.
    None toned a psalm, or raised a greeting song,
    A silent man alone
    Of all that throng
    Found tongue-
    Not any other.
    Close to His heart
    When embrace was done,
    Old Joseph said,
    “How is your Mother,
    How is your Mother, Son?”
    -Sister Mary Ada
    The Reign Of Mary -Vol. XXV, No 76

34. duchess01 says:

Herod and Pharaoh – Democrats of Yesteryear

April 20, 2019
    from ThePatriotNurse

35. duchess01 says:

Rockland County NY health department goes door to door looking for unvaccinated – Media lies about MMR vaccine risk

April 20, 2019
    by Erin Elizabeth, Health Nut News

36. https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/easter-egg-tree

How Easter Egg Trees Almost Became an American Tradition

37. duchess01 says:

Why This Nurse WON’T Vaccinate!

38. Want Catholics and Christians to reclaim Notre Dame?

Don’t rebuild. Just preserve what is there as a holy space. Otherwise, what gets rebuilt will be secular and designed for tourism; the spiritual uplifting that ND represents will be wiped away. It’s what secular multi-cultural nation states do.

39. Sepp says:

To Ponder

Let me ponder on the Resurrection of the Lord Jesus:

1. How the tomb-stone was not shattered, nor the seal on it broken.

2. How the meek and almighty Lord did not damage the tomb at His Resurrection, nor harm the virgin womb at His birth.

From “The Prologue from Ohrid” by Saint Nikolai (20th century Serbian-born Bishop who reposed in the Lord in the USA).

40. Brian Lamb, founder of CSPAN, is retiring.

I consider Brian Lamb to be one of the most important media persons of the 20-21st Century.

• nikkichico7 says:

A Dark Sabbath
      APRIL 20, 2019

John 19:30-4 30 Therefore when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, It is finished!” And He bowed His head and gave up His spirit. 31 Then the Jews, because it was the day of preparation, so that the bodies would not remain on the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was a high day), asked Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away. 32 So the soldiers came, and broke the legs of the first man and of the other who was crucified with Him; 33 but coming to Jesus, when they saw that He was already dead, they did not break His legs. 34 But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately blood and water came out. 35 And he who has seen has testified, and his testimony is true; and he knows that he is telling the truth, so that you also may believe. 36 For these things came to pass to fulfill the Scripture, NOT A BONE OF HIM SHALL BE BROKEN.” 37 And again another Scripture says, THEY SHALL LOOK ON HIM WHOM THEY PIERCE.” 38 After these things Joseph of Arimathea, being a disciple of Jesus, but a secret one for fear of the Jews, asked Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus; and Pilate granted permission. So he came and took away His body. 39 Nicodemus, who had first come to Him by night, also came, bringing a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about a hundred pounds weight. 40 So they took the body of Jesus and bound it in linen wrappings with the spices, as is the burial custom of the Jews. 41 Now in the place where He was crucified there was a garden, and in the garden a new tomb in which no one had yet been laid. 42 Therefore because of the Jewish day of preparation, since the tomb was nearby, they laid Jesus there.

As Jesus’ body lay in a tomb, so did the disciples’ hopes and dreams. They had left everything to follow the one they believed was the Messiah, and now He was dead. Fear, doubt, and grief must have cycled through their minds. What were they to do? Where were they to go? How could they go on without Jesus? No doubt their hearts grew sick with confusion as they contemplated these things.

The disciples’ doubts shouldn’t surprise us, because if we’re honest, we also see doubt in ourselves. The men of “little faith,” as Jesus often called them, failed to believe or remember what the Lord had said of Himself—that He would lay down His life and take it up again. In the darkness of their grief, all His promises were forgotten.

At times in our lives, it may seem that God has let us down, but ultimately we know that He will never forsake us (Heb. 13:5 Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU, NOR WILL I EVER FORSAKE YOU,”) But like the disciples, we’ll experience dark circumstances, which can dim our faith and dash Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU, NOR WILL I EVER FORSAKE YOU,”our hopes. That’s when we most need to remember God’s promises and meditate on His faithfulness.

Often, however, when we’re facing uncertainty, all we want is an answer to our problem or relief from our pain. Therefore, we frequently try to fix it ourselves instead of trusting God and waiting for Him to act.

The disciples had to go through a dark Saturday, but when Sunday finally came, their sorrow was turned to joy. In the same way, if we are willing to wait and trust God through the darkness of night, we can rest in knowing that morning will surely come.
      intouch.org
      Dr. Charles Stanley

• Brian Lamb created CSPAN. He believed the American public deserved transparency in government.

Newt Gingrich called CSPAN the Twitter of the 1990s. He makes the case that it was CSPAN that gave rise to the Tea Party and the Trump Presidency.

“The raw parallel between the liberating impact of C-SPAN starting in April of ’79 and the liberating impact of Facebook and Twitter [shows it] is very likely [President Donald] Trump could not have won if there wasn’t social media,”

41. Dora says:

42. SwampRatTerrier says:

DEMAND Schiff RESIGN
    Certified Website of President Donald J. Trump

We need to DRAIN THE SWAMP and stand up against liars like Adam Schiff.

Help us reach our goal of getting 1,000,000 signatures to DEMAND Adam Schiff’s resignation.

Add your name NOW.

43. Sepp says:

The Raising of Saint Lazarus
    Saturday of Great Week in the Orthodox Church

Dismissal Hymn.
    In confirming the common Resurrection, O Christ God, Thou didst raise up Lazarus from dead before Thy Passion. Wherefore we also, like the children, bearing the symbols of victory, cry to Thee, the Vanquisher of death: Hosanna in the highest; blessed is He that cometh in the Name of the Lord.

Kontakion.
    Christ, the Joy of all, the Truth, the Light, the Life, the Resurrection of the world, hath of His goodness appeared to those on earth and become the archetype of the Resurrection, granting divine forgiveness unto all.

44. Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, and I ask for Your forgiveness. I believe You died for my sins and rose from the dead. I turn from my sins I repent of my sins, I invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as my Lord and Savior. In Your Name.

Amen.