Mueller Team Leaks: It’s All About “Obstruction”… This is Going to be Epic

This will not come as a surprise to anyone who has followed closely; however, according to the FBI’s primary narrative engineer, Devlin Barrett at the Washington Post, the Mueller team has invested most heavily in “obstruction, obstruction, obstruction”….

For two years 19 lawyers were piecing the script together; while 40 FBI agents used 2,800 subpoenas, 230 orders for communication records, national security letters, FISA authorization, wiretaps, 50 pen register authorizations, and over 500 Title III search warrants to scour the background of every private communication, phone call, text message and email of everyone in the Trump orbit.  Eventually interviewing over 500 witnesses for words to paste into the text of the Mueller/Weissmann obstruction report.

As Barrett outlines on behalf of his benefactors, the team has painted a detailed narrative using every word, tweet, media interview, comment, and private/confidential White House utterance by President Trump -about his unhappiness with the Mueller probe- as clear and convincing evidence of President Trump’s intent to obstruct the investigation.

It’s all about the “obstruction”…. And that is Pelosi’s launch platform.

(WaPo Via Devlin Barrett)  The Justice Department plans to release a lightly redacted version of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s 400-page report Thursday, offering a granular look at the ways in which President Trump was suspected of having obstructed justice, people familiar with the matter said.

The report — the general outlines of which the Justice Department has briefed the White House on — will reveal that Mueller decided he could not come to a conclusion on the question of obstruction because it was difficult to determine Trump’s intent and because some of his actions could be interpreted innocently, these people said.

But it will offer a detailed blow-by-blow of the president’s alleged conduct — analyzing tweets, private threats and other episodes at the center of Mueller’s inquiry, they added.  (read more)

The White House approach to this is visible on the perimeter.  Classic Trump and it will catch the Moonbats completely off-guard.

Put it all out there….  All of it.  As much as possible…. let the world see just how much effort was expended on this stupid investigation into nothing.  This is classic Trump.

You know what the media and the Democrats have forgotten?…

Trump owns the downside better than anyone.

No-one, EVER, has yet to catch on to how brilliantly Trump owns the downside.

The report will outline how many times terrible Trump lashed out over the past two years to his closest advisers about the damn “witchhunt”.  It will outline every time he asked someone if he could do something to stop it…  It will outline everything about how Trump wanted that damned ridiculous investigation to be done with…  etc. etc. etc.

However, in releasing so much granular activity the one thing the Mueller team and the media will forget is….  that’s exactly the behavior of a transparently innocent man.

Wrongfully accused…. that’s what you do.  And you know what, Trump will own it.

Trump will own it in the very Trumpiest of ways.

Yes, I said that… I was, and am still, furious that we have had to put up with this nonsense; with this garbage… it’s infuriating.  etc. etc. etc. in buckets.

In the way only POTUS Trump can deliver.

In the words of a common man.

In the words of every man.

In the words that almost every American will relate to.

That’s how Trump will do it.  Authentically and naturally…. he will completely own his willingness to shut down that stupid Russia collusion nonsense.

“I’m the most powerful man in the world, right?.. that’s what people say, the office, the power of the president right?.. not me specifically..  and yet, excuse me, I’m, excuse me, …I’m creating jobs and this stuff is complex, it’s easy for me, but complex; important stuff, talking deals, and make things better, and negotiating for our country, and, excuse me… and I’ve got this nonsense – remember, no collusion-  tying up my people… and, excuse me, wasting so much time… interrupting everything we are doing to make America great.  It doesn’t stop us, but it’s ridiculous… make me angry?.. Sure. and for what?  Sure, wouldn’t you? ..  For what?.. excuse me, … A report?  That’s it?  $35 million or something right?  For what?… because a ridiculous witchhunt, no collusion”…

Classic Donald Trump.

Two years of fire-breathing dragon-energy Trump.. unleashed.

Can you hear it?

The Democrats/Media have no comprehension about owning the downside…

REMEMBER 2016?:

Regardless of who you supported in the 2016 Presidential primary race, most will admit there’s one strategic advantage held by Donald Trump over all other candidates – Trump’s willingness to “own the downside“.

This empirical truth is toxic to professional politicians – therefore they spend an inordinate amount of time using pretzel logic to avoid it.  As a direct consequence of avoidance, the media love to use the downside as a weapon.

For the first time in recent political memory Donald Trump represents a candidacy who is unafraid of their spear; and as a consequence, immune to the damage.

A case in point – NBC’s Chuck Todd thought he could deploy the downside weapon during a Trump campaign stop in Iowa (State Fair). During the exclusive interview aboard the Trumpo Jet Todd deployed his arsenal – “but you can’t actually remove illegal immigrants, I mean you can’t actually deport them“.

Trump owned the downside. “Chuck, yes, yes we will. Either we have borders or we don’t; either we have a country or we don’t“.

Like all other media punditry, Chuck was left aghast. The dangling participle remained naught but a withering “but… but…

Every other candidate who has ever existed in the history of modern political candidacy, would have given some form of “acceptable” alternative response. (ie. a PC version.) (ie. a lie.)

Not Trump, he owns the downside.

This approach is what makes ‘Splodey Heads!

A Second Case In Point – Trump does it again with CNN’s Jake Tapper, only this time Trump frames the controversial position ownership with an explanation.

Donald Trump is backing up his previous position that removing Iraq’s Sadam Hussein and Libya’s Kaddaffi was not a good idea. Jake Tapper is aghast: “what about the human rights abuses”?

Trump owns the opposite: Human rights abuses? …”you don’t think they’re happening now? They’re worse now than they ever were. People are getting their heads chopped off, they’re being drowned in cages. Right now they’re far worse off than they ever were under Saddam Hussein or Kadaffi”…

Another ‘Splodey !

It doesn’t matter what the issue is.

When confronted by his tax proposal to eliminate taxes on wage earners below $50k Trump is challenged with the “skin in the game” argument. The response is simple: “look, it costs more for the processing of those income tax filers than the revenue which comes from them“…

• Media: Jeb Bush want’s a no-fly zone in Syria?
  • Trump: When did ISIS get airplanes?
  • Media: You can’t build a wall?
  • Trump: I build things, that’s what I do – watch me!
  • Media: You’re going to deport 11 million people. You’ll need a “deportation force“.
  • Trump: What does I.C.E do?

And on and on it goes. Simple cut-to-the-chase responses with total fearless ownership of any downside from a policy proposal.

• Media: But you used to be a Democrat, you have donated to Democrats?
  • Trump: Yes, I live and work in New York. NYC is all Democrats, if I need to leverage assistance for my company goals I need to work with Democrats. It’s a business necessity; I look out for my employees and their best interests.
  • Media: But you had Hillary Clinton at your wedding?
  • Trump: Yes, it was an amazing event, the best, the biggest, the most elegant, and I asked her and Bill to attend. They did. Wouldn’t you, I mean if I invited you?
  • Media: You spend all this time talking about polls. You seem obsessed by polls?
  • Trump: Yeah, that’s because I’m winning them. If the polls were not good, I wouldn’t even mention them. Duh.

The march of the Trumpisms’ continues:

• Megyn Kelly: “You’ve called women you don’t like ‘fat pigs,’ ‘dogs,’ ‘slobs,’ and ‘disgusting animals’…”
  • Trump: “Only Rosie O’Donnell.”
  • Media: You can’t build a wall!
  • Trump: “Sure I can, AND Mexico is going to pay for it!!”
  • Media: But you support Eminent Domain?
  • Trump: Yeah, and “Try building the Keystone Pipeline without it”..
  • Media:  But you called Sanders a maniac!
  • Trump: “And a Communist”, don’t forget!
  • Media:  But you declared bankruptcy!
  • Trump:  “Yup, sure did.  And I Chaptered 4 out of 400 companies. Took over bad deals and made money on those too !”…
  • Media:  But you held a rally and someone said Obama was Muslim, and you didn’t defend him from it!
  • Trump:  Yeah, “Would he defend me? I don’t think so!”
  • Media: But you attacked Ben Carson! “…
  • Trump: Well, I never hit my mother on the head with a hammer! Did you, Bill?”

When you compare how Trump owns the so-called “negatives”, you immediately recognize they are only negatives if he allows them to be. Thus, he doesn’t let them be issues – he owns them, and says “yeah, so?

Trump has spent decades with Park Row media types. He has never avoided them, he totally understands how they operate – and more importantly “why”?

Pelosi and Mueller’s team think they’ve got him surrounded with Mueller’s team.  Except they’ve forgotten…  He’s seemingly one man, yet he consistently has his opposition surrounded.

Watch President Trump own the downside to this Mueller report… it’s going to be a thing of absolute beauty…. yet again.

This entry was posted in AG Bill Barr, Conspiracy ?, Decepticons, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, Donald Trump, Donald Trump Transition, FBI, IG Report FISA Abuse, Legislation, media bias, Notorious Liars, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Spygate, Spying, THE BIG UGLY, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

349 Responses to Mueller Team Leaks: It’s All About “Obstruction”… This is Going to be Epic

1. WSB says:

And to blow all of this up even further, Fox is reporting that a short range missle has been fired by Kimmy.

President Trump must be over his target.

• itsarickthing says:

Hey WSB! My folks were CALI hippies ushering me to Canada if there was an outbreak of war. I scored 99.5 on ASVAB and went further testing. Too bad about my childhood as it derailed my military (potential) career due to drugs/alcohol. Funny, huh.Cuz if n when THEBESTFREAKINPREZEVER crooks his finger, he’s got it covered.
      Even those of us that are unlisted patriots.

I’m more than happy to double up now to make for my lack.

For all of us.

• Maquis says:

It had a note scrawled on the side:
      “Happy Corrusion Day! Ruv, Xi”

2. Chris Kisling says:

Can’t wait.

3. lawton says:

Bam – Nunes just said on TV that they know Professor Misfud trained some of our intelligence people and yet Mueller was portraying him as some Russian agent in his indictment.

4. Derangement Syndrome says:

Trump was just proven right, and Muleheads team admitted it to their stenographer Barrett.

The fact that all they had was obstruction all along, proves Trump correct the 1,000 times he said “no collusion”.

Will the Washington Post revise their “9,000 Trump lies” since his election? Because Donny wasn’t lying.

5. L4grasshopper says:

Seems to me that Trump could have spent 2 years talking about what he might want to do with staff, aides, and Cabinet officials. Even to the point of asking for options, plans, etc.

But if nothing was ever actually put into effect…..there is no obstruction.

Even if he said “How can we obstruct Mueller?” — if he never pulled the trigger, then there was no obstruction.

PS — I think a very under appreciated aspect of all this is that Trump NEVER invoked Executive Privilege to thwart Mueller’s goons.

PPS — I really REALLY want to hear Rosenstein’s explanation for issuing the August tasking Memo that we haven’t seen….and that likely gave Mueller legal authority to chase the obstruction ball.

6. Kevin O'Shea says:

if you have ever been accused of something you did not do- it is a license to be pissed and indignant – now imagine you are the head of DOJ and FBI and you have to let these fools go through every sock drawer or they will accuse you of obstruction – Trump will own the moment and shift the discussion to the bad cops – Congress is a disgrace

• Michael Kunz says:

Not only a disgrace, but they know it. The cover up’s from Pelosi et al, would pass muster in a classroom full of 12 year olds, but she realises that Dems, who are always right, don’t actually listen, so she, and her wing cover in the networks merely come up with white noise, which is accepted.

7. I love you Sundance. I love President Trump too. Tomorrow I will be up early watching the 3 ring circus, it will be glorious!

• Carson Napier says:

A gaggle of stupid rats
      A gaggle of stupid rats
      See how they run.
      See how they run
      They all run after Trump to take his life
      He will turn around and cut off their tails with a carving knife
      Did you ever expect to see such a sight in your life
      Such a gaggle of stupid rats?

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Will be watching the media circus intently….. NOT!

Headline news from 40 years ago.

• Sunshine says:

Same here.
      What’s great is the report is being released on a Thursday, early in the day.
      Barr’s giving them enough time to read it through but not enough time to thoroughly analyze it in time for the weekend news.
      Which summarizes what Sundance said.
      Trump owns the downside, regardless of the report.

8. Dee Paul Deje says:

9. cboldt says:

Except there is no such thing as obstrucing a counterintelligence investigation. At the most fundamental level, the entire coup has no legal foundation and no factual foundation. It is lies on top of bogus, fictional, bastardized law, with total dereliction of ethical limits.

That goes for Congress too, which watched the whole thing unfold, knowing it was flawed every which way.

• Carrie says:

When can we demand a counterintelligence operation on the FISA Court and all of its members? They are beholden to no one and have allowed this abuse on US citizens without consequences. They have not reprimanded properly or severely those who abused their court for malfeasance. So we should turn the tables so they understand in granular detail what a Title one warrant encompasses (hello 3 hop…)

• cboldt says:

FISA ought to be disbanded. It is a boondogle, and rather than curtail snooping, it encourages and enables it. It exsists so Congress and the Courts can claim to care about privacy.

I don’t buy that disbanding it stops the foreign intelligence snooping either. It just disposes of the nonsense that a court being involved amounts to protecting privacy. All it does is endorse invasion of privacy, and it does that in secret.

Not that my opinion matters. I foresee Congress making a new, improved, more expensive system for the taxpayers. It will work as well as the FISA system does, providing legal defense for government snoopers.

• “It is a boondogle, and rather than curtail snooping, it encourages and enables it”

No it doesn’t curtail snooping, it encourages and enables SPYING!

• Lindenlee says:

This is what privacy advocates have been saying about the opportunities for state abuse since the Patriot Act was passed. So we have abusive TSA practices, abusive and negligent FISA courts, abusive and a vindictive and undisciplined IC community, corrupted heads of law enforcement. So how much more do we get to see?

This is like financial watchdogs warning about what the destruction of Glass-Steagall would do to our financial system, and 8 years later, we had 2007 on…

• warrprin1 says:

Chief Justice John Roberts – that’s where the buck stops in the FISC, as he is the Supervisor of the FISA Court Judges. If he had so much as a thimble full of self-respect, or personal honor, or professionalism – ANY of the above – he would quietly retire from the SCOTUS. He has failed the equivalent of an accreditation exam.

We must have uncompromised, apolitical judges at all levels of our Justice System, and an uncompromised, absolutely apolitical SCOTUS. This is the lynch pin of our Constitutional Republic.

• Claire Peralta Garcia says:

As Andrew McCarthy said last night: A counterintelligence investigation isat the direction of the President. How can he be “obstructing?”

• nkmommy says:

Please tweet that!

10. Blind no longer says:

I love you Sundance!!!!

11. Carson Napier says:

Obstruction of a Witch Hunt / Inquisition / Lynch Mob? How? By standing up for yourself with some tweets rather than meekly going to the Lynching Tree for a band of fascist like criminals?

12. And don’t you know, I was supposed to leave town early tomorrow morning. I was mad that I would miss AG Barr’s press conference. Well now we will be under threat of tornadoes from my front door and northward for the whole 4 hour trip. So departure has been postponed to Friday morning.

Will be home to watch the WHOLE MELTDOWN (at the neighbor’s house, no cable for me)

Winning! …. except for the tornado threat.

13. grlangworth says:

Please now! Don’t you throw me in that Briar Patch! Unh-unh!

14. MaineCoon says:

This event might, just might, be better than a Trump rally! I am really enjoying the coup conspirator losers’ losing streak…and it’s just beginning!

• Cannot wait for the rally during the correspondent’s dinner. Wonder what attendance will be? Wonder how many correspondents will live on their cells that night? Forget hiring a sicko comedian for the night, just run the rally on the big screen—much easier on the eyes and ears. You know you’ll want to.

15. TarsTarkas says:

The Democrats won’t care. They’ll continue to investigate and accuse and insinuate because it’s always worked for them before, their targets have always blushed and stammered and denied not realizing that denial always means guilt (silence means guilt too in their books). He’s an opponent, therefore he must be guilty of SOMETHING, so let’s investigate until we find it, and then IMPEACH! And if Trump & Co can keep the vote-stealing and ballot box-stuffing to a minimum they will crush the Democrats at the polls in 2020.

• And then there was Mad Max, reading the statement prepared for her, calmly Barr a sickophant. Hey Maxie, you should have read the statement first or at least asked someone to include pronunciation clues for words you don’t know.

BTW, what’s up with Nadler’s eyebrow. One looks normal but the other looks like it’s terrified of what the mouth below it is saying and is trying to escape his face!

16. Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

If President Trump had wanted to “obstruct” the wild goose chase he would have had Mueller fired 20 months ago. The Democrat complaints are laughable! Americans are not stupid and see right through all the media hype. Game over. Peoples’ attention span has already been stretched too far. There will be no overtime for this witch hunt game.

• cboldt says:

People are ready for the other team to have the ball.

“Trump” going on offense is going to be a thing to behold. Scare quotes, because the offense whould be by the legal system, if it was half of what it claims to be. Trump should be free to be president, and the system ought to correct itself without any help from the innocent accused.

• James Groome says:

Why isn’t the FBI interviewing the VICTIM, you know, the one who’s constitutional rights were violated, DONALD TRUMP.

• Zoe says:

From what has been happening with the FBI (Federal Bureau of Corruption) why would anyone want to be interviewed by them? They don’t tape these sessions and write their summaries later after the session is over. Trump should never be in the same room with someone from the FBI (Federal Bureau of Corruption) without a video and three witnesses he can trust.

• Michael Kunz says:

Yes, but there are people, and there are Deomocrats (and RINO’S)

17. Lottacats says:

LOVE MY PRESIDENT!

18. CopperTop says:

We all have our favorite P Trumpisms. Doesn’t fit the brand ‘owning the down side’ but an old favorite: ‘ISIS’ are Losers. I’m not even going to call them monsters. They’re LOSERS

19. itsarickthing says:

Damn, I love this Country.

20. zorrorides says:

WSB – Kim Nork shoots off a missile?
    So China is losing money and worries their plans for expansion will fail, courtesy of PDJT.
    And the Mueller Report publicizes that Collusion was disproved in a few months, then Mueller spent years attempting entrapment of Trump for Obstruction.

Ahh President Trump, yer the greatest !!

21. blognificentbee says:

I need to take a pill to fall asleep tonight. I am so amped up right now. It feels like election night all over again! See you in the AM Treepers for the circus. MAGA!!

• WSB says:

G’night, bee! Tomorrow is going to be buzzing!

• Dekester says:

Blog, I go to bed early 2100 or so, I awakened at 0200 and fired fired up the iPad in anticipation of the big day.

It would be nice if PDJT could see that even out here on Canada’s Westcoast he has folks praying for him.

What a man, and are we not so blessed as to be alive at this time in history.

Ten more minutes at TCTH and me and the family mini poodle will be going back to bed.

God bless PDJT and the folks in the tornado zone.

22. Carson Napier says:

Donald Trump is a son of a Twain!

It has been reported that I was seriously ill–it was another man; dying–it was another man; dead–the other man again…As far as I can see, nothing remains to be reported, except that I have become a foreigner. When you hear it, don’t you believe it. And don’t take the trouble to deny it. Merely just raise the American flag on our house and let it talk.
    – Mark Twain, letter to Frank E. Bliss, 11/4/1897

• WES says:

Carson: and he of the proper way to bury Democrats! Face down with feet sticking out! So election time they dig deeper unable to vote!

• Carson Napier says:

Mark Twain on Democrat Style Voting.

Where did all these Democrats come from? They grow thicker and thicker and act more and more outrageously at each successive election. Now yesterday they had the presumption to elect S. H. Dwinelle to the Judgeship of the Fifteenth District Court, and not content with this, they were depraved enough to elect four out of the six Justices of the Peace! Oh, ‘Enery Villiam, where is thy blush! Oh, Timothy Hooligan, where is thy shame! It’s out. Democrats haven’t got any.

But Union men staid away from the election – they either did that or else they came to the election and voted Democratic tickets – I think it was the latter, though the Flag will doubtless say it was the former. But these Democrats didn’t stay away – you never catch a Democrat staying away from an election. The grand end and aim of his life is to vote or be voted for, and he accommodates to circumstances and does one just as cheerfully as he does the other.

The only man I ever knew who could counteract this passion on the part of Democrats for voting, was Robert Roach, carpenter of the steamer Aleck Scott, “plying to and from St. Louis to New Orleans and back,” as her advertisement sometimes read. The Democrats generally came up as deck passengers from New Orleans, and the yellow fever used to get them right and left – eight or nine a day for the first six or eight hundred miles; consequently Roach would have a lot on hand to “plant” every time the boat landed to wood – “plant” was Roach’s word. One day as Roach was superintending a burial the Captain came up and said:

“God bless my soul, Roach, what do you mean by shoving a corpse into a hole in the hill-side in this barbarous way, face down and its feet sticking out?”

“I always plant them Democrats in that manner, sir, because, damn their souls, if you plant ’em any other way they’ll dig out and vote the first time there’s an election – but look at that fellow, now – you put ’em in head first and face down and the more they dig the deeper they’ll go into the hill.”

In my opinion, if we do not get Roach to superintend our cemeteries, enough Democrats will dig out at the next election to carry their entire ticket.

– Mark Twain; Early Tales & Sketches, Vol. 2 1864-1865, (Univ. of California Press, 1981), pp. 313-14.]

• No Wes, instead of “Carson: and he of the proper way to bury Democrats! Face down with feet sticking out!”. Just leave them out and bring on the buckets of water, toss ‘em and sit back and record the voices gently squealing “I’m Melting, melting” as they disappear into obscurity.

23. evergreen says:

When you can’t prove anything, throw dirt. Put it in the report and stoke the demand to have it made public. Thus, all the “evidence” gets presented that would never stand up to strict scrutiny but makes it into the court of public opinion and politics. Don’t expect more than that from a democrat these days, anyway, so there’s nothing new there.

It does enlighten the middle-of-the-roaders that this scum parading as a paragon represents the DNC to the fullest. Beware, lest those political hacks edge into governance over YOU. They do this to the most powerful and extremely wealthy (in his own right) men on the planet. Imagine that they will snuff you, peon that you are, with anything from lawfare to trumped up charges (entrapment or outright lies) under color of law. Beware. This is evil, and I do not use that word lightly, at all. That is a deliberately chosen word.

24. skifflegirl says:

Definitely getting my meme war headress on for tomorrow😉

25. skifflegirl says:

Definitely getting my meme war headress on for tomorrow😉

26. WES says:

• dreamguardian007 says:

“Well I am looking forward to AG Barr tomorrow saying another bad word like “spying”! ” … me too! It should be fascinating to watch the contrast between our low key, matter of fact, unflappable Attorney General and the lunatic Leftists.

27. joebkonobi says:

Thanks for the Trumpisms Sundance! I giggled all the way through them. Imagine his energy at his Green Bay rally Saturday! MAGAnificent!

• Judith says:

To paraphrase my favorite Trump tweet in the last 24 hours:

I believe it will be Crazy Bernie Sanders vs Sleepy Joe Biden.. And I look forward to running against whoever it may be. May God Rest Their Soul! 😂

28. evergreen says:

By the way, UN Ambassador admitted she didn’t unmask the very large number of times that her authority was used–without her consent, so it is understood. Someone get to the bottom of that and prosecute it for the blatant violation that it is.

Then roll up the first defendant and on to the next…

29. chzheadproud67 says:

I say…..look at ALL of the long list of resources used in this “investigation”….40FBi (how many did he obstruct? zero), 500 “witnesses”(how many were obstructed? zero) & on & on,…..Who wouldn’t be tweeting about the injustice of this investigation BUT he didn’t stop it, did he? Cuz he KNEW it was illegal survellience from the get go. ALL these DC bureaucrats are liars and cheats…..they CAN’T fathom that PDJT isn’t and they thought for certain Mueller’s gang could find A crime or two or three……

30. Mike says:

If this is the best they’ve got, they’ve got Jack sh*t.

(WaPo Via Devlin Barrett) The Justice Department plans to release a lightly redacted version of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s 400-page report Thursday, offering a granular look at the ways in which President Trump was suspected of having obstructed justice, people familiar with the matter said.

“Lightly redacted” = oh sh*t, we can’t claim coverup.
    “was suspected of” = oh sh*t, we can’t prove Jack.

I thought this was going to be a battle. This is going to be massacre. Let’s hope payback is a motherf*cker.

31. JoD says:

The premise…
    Mueller has always known that there was no collusion.
    The process…
    Drag it out as long as possible and let the innocent man continue to complain.
    The persecution…
    Use his complaints to accuse the innocent man of obstructing the investigation of a known non-existent crime.
    The problem…
    The innocent man also knows the premise.

32. A2 says:

Here is good factual rundown to the past few weeks re the Mueller report.

33. blognificentbee says:

34. MaineCoon says:

Can’t wait to hear The Trump Plan of how the IC will be prevented from doing this to another President. Course, after the due course of chasing down the conspirators. Yes, someone is going to have to pay for this. Maybe many. Have to convince the IC it won’t be worth the risk next time.

• cboldt says:

Prevention can only be by deterrent effect. The perps have to lose at least their liberty and their property.

Laws and systems can’t and don’t prevent wrongdoing.

Not ha-ha funny, but take note of the people who defend the sort of conduct Trump was subjected to. These people should be shunned, run out of town, run out of office. They won’t be. We have a society made of degenerate institutions. Our Congress and press are failed, degenerate, and I see no way to reverse that when the conduct is viewed as “acceptable error” at worst.

35. Angel Martin says:

“All policies and proposals have a “downside“, there’s no such thing as a policy proposal with benefit to all and harm to none.

This empirical truth is toxic to professional politicians – therefore they spend an inordinate amount of time using pretzel logic to avoid it. ”

Sundance, this is such a great insight, and it is not just professional politicians. This flaw is at the core of almost every political, bureaucratic, military, business and other institutional failure.

No matter what the endeavour, you can’t make everybody happy. People are going to complain and criticize you. Weak “leaders” (which are most of them) can’t handle criticism from people whose admiration they crave. So they assume success on the main project and spend most of their time trying to avoid criticism on secondary issues. As a result, the primary project often fails (eg Brexit, so far)

They are like high school girls. Diss them and they cry.

I will offer up one other observation on “obstruction”. Since Rosenstein never recused himself, I don’t believe Mueller did a serious investigation of “obstruction” wrt the Comey firing (which is where this all started !)

36. Chilidog says:

Based on this leak, it sounds like they may have written the most transparently petty report ever. Are they really going to give a blow by blow analysis of his tweets? Are we going to read about every time he yelled at Don McGahn? Every disparaging comment directed at the SC? This report sounds embarrassing to the investigators. I hope this leak is accurate.

37. Pyrran says:

Can someone, anyone, please explain to me how there can be obstruction of justice when there is no predicate crime to obstruct? Anyone? Mueller? Mueller???

38. Sidney Powell says:

CHECK OUT this GREAT THREAD by @UndercoverHuber

It’s exactly right!

39. NJF says:

I smiled all the way through this
    I forgot some of those gems.

The ultimate one could come tomorrow….”Mueller and his angry democrats INFLUENCED the election!”

40. Rynn69 says:

The Mueller investigation never had a crime. The whole thing was based on a fraud that was part of an organized slow coup. Collusion is not a crime. The “collusion” with Russia to interfere with the election was based on a fraud (the dossier). Dirty Mueller kept his corrupted eyes away from the real election meddling that occurred by the Obama administration, DNC, Clinton campaign, and other actors brought into their spiderweb. Mueller and the Democrat lawyers spent two years trying to prove collusion (not a crime) in hopes of finding another crime – or to scare people into lying about Trump – and most likely to cover their dirty deeds. Obstruction . . . of what? What is being obstructed? What is the crime?

$35 million of OUR money wasted and disseminated to the lowest filth around – corrupted leftist lawyers and prosecutors. The only thing Americans are going to feel is anger for the waste of time and energy on nothing. Not to mention tying up people for over two years with this nonsense. Every person involved in this charade must be held accountability. Everyone.

You know how people will respond across America when the Mueller report is released. BIG YAWN.

41. jello333 says:

Trump to the haters as he destroys them:

“None of you seem to understand. I’m not locked in here with you… you’re locked in here with me.”

42. Mueller & his unethical Gestapo tactics were a ploy to goad the president into AN ACTION of firing hm or issuing a pardon to trigger their fantasy of a Nixonian “Saturday Night Massacre” redux so they could manufacture an obstruction case to hand congress. But all they have are statements and tweets which is SPEECH and, last time I checked, Americans do not forfeit their first amendment rights when they take the presidential oath. The courage and fortitude of PDJT in not taking the bait in the face of the outrageous abuse of office perpetrated by Mueller & Hillary’s hit men is remarkable.

The coming Trumpian “owning of the downside” will be a treat to watch, but even so, from a prosecutorial standpoint as well as the impeachment angle, they had nothing.

43. citizen817 says:

I remember the article from Nov ’15 when you first wrote about then candidate Trump, owning the downside. So true then, and more so now.

This is gonna be fun to watch!

• WSB says:

citizen, I too remember that one. SD’s comments wove deeply into my psyche, as did the revealing of the monsters PT would begin slaying.

That article opened my eyes to PT’s fortitude.

• Ahhhh…shades of the fighting spirit of ‘Chesty’ Puller!

Better to have your enemies all around you, right where you want them.

Though he never enlisted, I believe our POTUS has some of that Marine spirit….and the smarts to understand:

*Improvise
      *Adapt
      *Overcome

This is the beauty of the concept of owning the downside that SD so aptly presented tonight about Trump.

Every Marine here in the CTH would know exactly what I mean and why I posted the bullet points I did.

I think Chesty would have loved Trump and his mindset and tactics to own the downside and nullify the negative incoming.

One more parallel:

Trump loves his nation and its people.
      Chesty is also famous for his love of his men.

Semper Fi, Mr. President!

44. livefreeordieguy says:

The most insightful seven words about the last three years: “Trump owns the downside better than anyone.”

45. Beigun says:

Barr’s Swabby Press Conference:

The Captain entered the Bridge.
    “Boatswain Mate of the Watch…Pipe Attention!”
    The Boatswain grabed the 1MC and played attention on the Bos’n Pipe. As the sharp sound broke the air over speakers throughout the warship, heads turned to hear. The ship was silent.
    “Now this is the Captain speaking. The Master at Arms has reported No Collusion and No Obstruction aboard the ship!”
    “I say again, No Collusion and No Obstruction!” barked the Skipper.
    The crew immediately let out cries of joy as “Dixie Cup” jags flew off furrowed brows. The investigation had been too long and the crew wanted to return to the business of the Sea.
    The Skipper then turned to the Bos’n and barked, “Now we have to clean up this damn mess!”
    “Have all Gunners Mates muster on the fan-tail for target practice and get the Leading Seaman from the Bos’n locker and have him drag the Master at Arms to the fan-tail now!”
    “Yes, Sir!” replied the Bos’n.
    As the Skipper left the Bridge, the watchstanders smiled and grinned at each other.

Down in the Bos’n Locker somebody woke up the “Possum” from a deep slumber.

46. MAGADJT says:

I’m more looking forward to the return shot from the boomerang that Sarah Carter, Victoria Toensing, and Joe DeGenova were talking bout tonight on Hannity. From the way they made it sound, the memory of this report will be dust in the wind in a few days.

47. Deplorable Canuck says:

The Dems will be screaming, “obstruction, obstruction” for the next year and a half but it wont matter. The dye has been cast. The American people have seen through this smoke screen by now and both the AG and DAG have ruled, “No Obstruction.” In 2020 Trump will get his second term, and this time there will be no question of the popular vote. Americans have had enough, and so have the rest of us in the world. Time for the Democraps to pass from the face of the earth!

48. Carson Napier says:

This whole Mueller witch hunt/lynch mob puts me to mind of the Dreyfus Affair. There is a great similarity. Donald Trump is in the place of Alfred Dreyfus. It is, of course, obvious where frame-up Lynch Mob Bob Mueller fits in. Try Édouard Drumont for starts. Or maybe Weinstein would be an even better fit there. I’m rather surprised someone like, say Mark Levin, hasn’t picked up on this.

The Dreyfus Affair (French: l’affaire Dreyfus, pronounced [la.fɛʁ dʁɛ.fys]) was a political scandal that divided the Third French Republic from 1894 until its resolution in 1906. The affair is often seen as a modern and universal symbol of injustice, and it remains one of the most notable examples of a complex miscarriage of justice.

49. Republicanvet91 says:

Perhaps someone can explain something to me about FISA warrants, pen registers or other kinds of intercepts. Since there was a FISA warrant(s) against Carter Page, would whoever was listening not pick up both sides of the conversation?

Same with a pen register? Order for communications?

If they think Page was talking to Russians enough to get a FISA warrant, then was the other side of the conversation with him known?

Isn’t it time for some unmasking of all these people on the other side? Halper? Mifsud? Dearlove?

50. woohoowee says:

Nan’s gonna launch but all they’ll accomplish is getting schlonged by PT45. Again. Bigly 🙂