The Consent of The Governed…

In a video spreading quickly on social media, a Seattle man is shown attempting to speak to the Seattle City Council. What comes next highlights how the ruling class view the electorate… WATCH:

This entry was posted in 1st Amendment, Big Stupid Government, Dem Hypocrisy, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

199 Responses to The Consent of The Governed…

1. Jana says:

As a Seattle Citizen I am beyond ashamed that we somehow not only elect but keep re-electing the same narcissistic self-indulgent morons that run the city now ( and the whole stare actually). Seattle is one of the most magnificent cities in the world and we are watching it fall apart due to terrible governing. The city has literally castrated the Seattle PD and the laws are no longer being enforced. We allow drug dealers to sell drugs in open spaces with no consequence; drug use is completely decriminalised and accepted. As a result, the word went out and drug addicts from all over are pouring in to use our “freebies”. We now have piles of garbage and tents in every green space in Seattle, all over the freeways and blocking sidewalks. Filth and stinch. The city’s solution? To blame Amazon and try to impose a head tax. Thank God they pushed back and that got undone, only to be replaced with other expensive levies. The city bans plastic straws because they pollute but allows syringes to lay all over. Why? Because we can’t violate the rights of drug users. But there is something much more sinister behind this, it’s not because of saving the environment and protecting human rights. Alas, I am not so sure the people will wake up around here and make changes. A documentary Seattle is Dying aired last week (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bpAi70WWBlw&fbclid=IwAR0ow25X8Ls2UWmLsk38Hhn345aKA-uKbO50lxByDf1qUMVLa76gF-YZqGo) and pissed a lot of people off. But not enough.

• Sentient says:

The problem is the voters.

• Orygun says:

I moved into a rathole just like that nearly 35 years ago and had to quit the paper and local tv news because it wasn’t associated with reality. I worked downtown and could see firsthand what was happening and what was reported was completely different.
        What you see is 40 years of brainwashing by a complicit media and city hall. The citizens that live inside the city for the most part are disconnected from reality.

• Zippy says:

“The problem is the voters.”

And always has been throughout human history. Why? The IQ bell curve, a failure to teach the LEARNED skill of critical thought / skeptical analysis, and the Boiled Frog Syndrome aided by games and circuses.

• Jeff says:

It’s not just Seattle. Seattle happens to be prominent at this time, and because it’s in an advanced state of devolution, but every liberal-run city is like this, to one degree or another. Unfortunately, it seems that every major city is liberal-run, more’s the pity. Even relatively small and inobtrusive San Antonio has jumped on the bandwagon. Perhaps you saw elsewhere how the S.A. airport has given the boot to Chick Fil A, due to intolerance and/or bigotry, or some such Newspeak rot. Dallas – uh uh, don’t get me started on Dallas. Every bit as liberal as NYC, which is fitting because our mayor has a man crush on Bloomberg; wants to be just like him. It’s disgusting to watch him grovel before every grievance group that passes in front of him, when he’s not uprooting our history by razing the Confederate memorials.
      On a side note, there are still plenty of patriots around, they just moved to the outskirts. A controversy was sparked by a billboard in Kemp, Texas, about 60 miles from Dallas, see story here:
      Snowflakes are outraged of course, and demand that “something be done about it!” Police and local officials say the sign is on private property, so they cannot intervene (stand by for vandalism). I’m thinking about driving down there this weekend to pay my respects. I might even know the guy, I spent several years working in that area.

• Jana I am very sorry about the loss of Seattle’s many charms. I saw the documentary last night and was sickened by it. I live in Anchorage and we trend a few years behind Seattle. There are used needles every morning downtown, and tent clusters on sidewalks. Total s**thole conditions. Citizens are pushing back – we just repealed a decriminalization law. Drug crimes are being prosecuted. We need to take back our streets.

• I feel same way about Richmond VA city council. Maybe they won’t give dignity to our voice in local elections when we are the minority but come 2020 they will hear us once again.

• Annie Ok says:

Send the video Seattle is Dying to everyone you know. First San Francisco, now Seattle. Both formerly lovely cities, where everyone wanted to live. See what happens under Democratic governance. Sadly, Charlottesville,Virginia is going the same way.There is no ward system here, and whoever captures control of the Democratic party runs the City Council.

• brenrod says:

reminds of what happened to NYC back in the 70’s qnd 80’s…. the city was destroyed so other folks could come in and get free land and build. Perhaps they want to drive folks out and bring prop prices down so they can scoop it all up afterwards.

2. Brian L says:

Seattle is an absolute sh*t hole. I live in Washington, no one likes to go there. Even a lot of the people that live there that I talk to hate living there.

The city council is made up of barking mad socialist idiots, who keep getting elected because it’s so deeply blue. The stare would be solid purple if it weren’t for this one city.

3. Stephan says:

God bless you sir.

Well done!

4. Jambo says:

The thing that saddens me is the extravagance and opulence of the council chamber. Millions of dollars wasted by the elected representatives to make themselves feel more powerful.

Ain’t no place can’t be run by a bunch of folks in a hired room above a bar once a week.

5. Spuyten Duyvil says:

The Seattle City Clowncil in action. To see the unmitigated disaster Seattle has become, check out the recent special report, “Seattle Is Dying,” that aired last weekend on KOMO-TV. (Available on the komonews.com site, and also on YT with the same title.)

• BAM says:

This is the link for the special report. KOMO is an ABC affiliate, and I was surprised by the report. The one thing not addressed was all the money that’s poured into “fixing” the situation and where it actually goes.

Seattle LOVES studies of all sorts. I wonder why. (/S)

• vexedmi says:

Things WILL NOT change in Seattle until their City Council stops smiling and gets real.

• ILOT says:

Thanks for posting BAM. There is zero coincidence between the top 20 cities that are highest among property crimes; all progressive enclaves. Every patriot needs to remember that they help make up the mere 38 cities and municipalities that will elect a POTUS if the electoral college is eliminated. Broward County in Fl, Philly, south Va and other similar demographics areas make up the rest. We need to take note that nearly ALL dem candidates are pushing to abolish the EC. It’s time we remember the adage that “all politics is local” and get involved.

6. MaineCoon says:

Link to Seattle city Counsel with their pictures, committees and most importantly their contact information.

They need a good kick in the arse when Monday morning.

7. rrick says:

To directly address the point by Sundance, yes, very much yes, the elected officials must be better behaved when meeting with the public. My other comment in no way is to be construed as condoning their too often boorish behavior. Yes, they should be called out for it whenever it crops up. Yet, try no to stand slack jawed and surprised, take the advantage and appeal to their conscience, even shame them if necessary.

• Dennis Leonard says:

Than what is it,
      ” construed as condoning their too often boorish behavior”

• rrick says:

Dennis, what it is, is that the people and their elected representatives have entered into a contract. Each side has a duty to perform. NOT condoned is the lack of response by the council (although during public comment a response is unusual and should not be expected). That such should be construed as a lack of civility is a bit too far..

Yet, this citizen did not perform either. Yes, he is attending the open meeting and he did reference an earlier meeting which may imply that he attended that previous meeting therefore he may be thought of as a regular participant.

But his presence alone does not satisfy his duty. He attempted to misuse the public comment period to his own ends. He was admonished for that and advised to hurry along. At that point he still had 90 seconds of 120 seconds to comment. He chose not to. He wasted his time.

To wrap it up, the council member acted directly although it seemed rude. Ok, so she was brusque. The citizen reacted to that which then resulted in him choosing not to continue to speak. He did have the opportunity, he did not use it wisely.

Feelings should be left at the door when entering a business meeting. I have been on both ends. I have accepted apologies and I have given apologies. It stings. either way. But the lesson learned is to be better prepared.

And that is not to condone the boorish behavior of a council member. It requires but a few seconds more to be more gracious. But, we’re human and we do get twisted up whether the haggard citizen in public comment or a tired or shrill council member.

We’ll likely not agree on this and that is ok. I have been told that I am more objective than most people. I look for the details and desire to leave the chit chat outside the room when there is business to attend. Most loathsome is a meeting that goes long especially when it is long because it goes slowly. I have also been told I have a too soft heart. Well, bully on that, I will keep it, thank you. There is a balance to find and that balance is ever changing.

• Poster says:

You are incorrect.

The elderly man did get his point across: that at the last meeting the council limited everyone to 1 minute of speaking except for Person x, who they let speak for 4-5 minutes.

Your arrogance comes across loud and clear, just as the brusqueness of the female that kept telling the elderly gentlemen he had two minutes.

The elderly gentleman was gently, and very correctly, pointing out to the council that
          they did NOT follow the rules: one citizen received 4-5 times the speaking length than anyone else had gotten.

The callousness with which you describe this elderly gentleman, as “haggard”,
          is the same callousness with which the heartless female addressed this elderly gentleman.

It is as though you are mocking him, and making “your judgment call” by what you perceive him to be; based on your value system of his outward appearance.

This guy had enough concern for his country to attend local meetings, took note of something that had been done wrong,
          and stood up to address that wrong.

And you think, in your high and mighty castle, that you are better than this person?
          This person had the courage and integrity to speak up for a wrong, and address the callousness and disinterestedness of the council.
          In anyone’s book, that is the moral high road.

Current Democratic party members deny facts, and personally attack fact-checkers
          with slander, name calling, derogatory remarks, and have no concept of reality with the average working American. Are you a member of their party?

• Austin Holdout says:

I think this man’s shock at his mistreatment, as well as his refusal to become combative despite the disrespect allowed all of us to see more clearly what our progressive overlords see as their entitlement. If they treat this gentle, older citizen who is trying to participate in his own government with this hostility, how much do they care about the homeless drug dealers they purportedly serve? Zero. Progressives’ “compassion” is again exposed as the money grab it really is.

• rrick says:

I care little of how a homeless drug dealer is dressed or even if his personal hygiene is off. What I care about is if he can make a coherent comment in the allotted time. If one attends enough of these meetings they will have occasion to suffer through the long, pointless ramblings of this or that person who struggles to remain on topic and avoid circuitous debates within their own mind. Its a helluva way to run a meeting.

One reason for the time limit is to sharpen the focus of the speaker. All our time is precious, I waste enough of my own time as it is. I do not take it kindly that my time is wasted by the unprepared. I suspect we would all agree on that.

I am more a top down holistic thinker. The man’s feelings are worth much however they are not the reason for the meeting nor even his attendance.

While not evident in the video presented here, the aimless and ineffectual grumblings of one leaves that less time for the other who has patiently waited his turn to address an agenda item. People need to harden up and not be swayed from the business at hand.
        We’ve become too soft as much as we’ve become less civil.

What was shown in this video is the fantastic opportunity this citizen could have availed himself if only he had stayed his course. One of the first lessons I learned in public speaking was to have a backup plan whether to be more succinct or to be more extemporaneous than what you think required. It is a hard lesson but quite valuable.

• Judith says:

I agree with your sober comments, rrick. It’s simply business, as usual. Yes, the optics are awful as this scruffy citizen expects two minutes of *rapt* attention from an obviously disinterested city council.

This passive-aggressive man undoubtably accomplished more by going off on his tangent than he would have, had he stayed on point.

Even if the council had paid him “polite attention,” from experience, I can assure you these people never seriously entertain dissenters. Their minds are already made up and their deals struck long before any public meetings, which are held strictly for show.

Believe me, as an irate citizen I’ve been in his shoes. However, I was prepared and got right down to business. And I was (gratified?) to see the officials body language, as they anxiously pitched forward to hear what I had to say.

They already knew me because I had participated in the process, long before the public comments part. They dreaded me, in fact, because I used their forums wisely, and they knew when I had the upper hand.

My take on government is that citizens can easily become more actively engaged, to change our lives for the better. But they just don’t bother, because the sheeple haven’t suffered enough. Yet.

Their lush grazing pastures, however, are getting fewer and farther between, to put it mildly. Just sayin.

• AmericaFirst says:

I notice that he had a piece of paper in his hand; I believe that he was prepared, and would have proceeded to complete his points within what he knew to be the two minute presentation period when the council members attended to him. We don’t know that he didn’t practice reading it to ensure that it fit, and yes, it is unfortunate that he was not an experienced public speaker such as yourself. He did in fact bring attention to a serious problem, though we may never know if it was the problem which he intended to highlight.

This man probably thought that reasonable people would not begin the two minutes running until they were ready to listen, and that his request for their attention should not be counted. That seems too logical for Marxists. The utter hostility and virulence and incivility present in the council member’s response, interruption, tone, words, was disconcerting.

Tyson says you always have a plan when you go into the ring – until the first hit.

• Philly_fan62 says:

Enjoyed your comment on the subject at hand. I think you’re right on target. Personally I would’ve wanted their attention before I brought my subject up. I would’ve expected also that my time start once their attention was garnered. The chairwoman put that right out at the get go by informing him of his time. When he responded she did it again sarcastically like she was a Queen residing over her court. This is a public forum, it didn’t look like there were a ton of people waiting to speak, the place from what I could see was pretty empty. The chairwoman was being obnoxious to the man. I personally when my time was up would’ve rolled that paper up into a ball and threw it at her and told her when she gets time to pick it up and tread it.

• Poster says:

The fact that you characterize his 2 minute speech as “long, pointless ramblings” shows you have missed the point entirely.

He was addressing the council’s inattention to the American Citizens who stood in front of them, as is their duty to hear and represent the people.
          (They had their heads down and were reading their computers).

You continue to disparage this man by calling his remarks “aimless and ineffectual grumblings ”

yet, you laud yourself as a “..top down holistic thinker ” ? Are you for real?

The absolute paucity of discernment on your part is totally indicative of the severe
          malaise that encompasses the whole “new progressive” movement represented by
          unintelligent Democratic/Marxist/Socialist party members.

• Annie Ok says:

I think the man was pointing out that another speaker had been indulged with 4 or 5 minutes since that speaker was echoing what the City Council thought. The time of the City Council is not THAT precious. They could have been polite, listened, and not sounded like Soviet overlords. The arrogance, insensitivity, coldness, hostility, was apparent. This is not how things should be run. And especially when citizens are treated differently depending on whether their point of view matches their overlords.

• brenrod says:

“What was shown in this video is the fantastic opportunity this citizen could have availed himself ……..”

I find this observation to be …… astounding!

• pattyloo says:

you hit the nail on the head. the reason this is so powerful is that he didn’t become combative, which would have probably made him less sympathetic. instead, he acted out what most of us were thinking when we saw this video.

• brenrod says:

Perhaps he was naive to be standing “surprised” and “slackjawed” but he probably suddenly realized that it is useless to “take the advantage” to “appeal to their conscience” and “even shame them”…….. it probably dawned on him that such folks have no conscience or suffer shame and have ceased even pretending that we live in a democracy.

8. James Street says:

Democrats are monsters. They treat him like he isn’t even a human being.

• Lindenlee says:

And he was so sweet and humble. Made them look like the lowlife scum they are. The wheels of justice…

• cplogics says:

I would have never made it through the very short allotted time to speak. Once the attitude of the counsel member became evident, I would have simply said “F U” enough said. I had a family member get elected to a school board in my city and I watched how he immediately started grandstanding, throwing out sarcastic barbs and conducting himself like he thought he was the smartest guy in the room. I believe he never ran for reelection because the negative public feedback was such that he would never get reelected and he wasn’t big enough to take a public defeat. He continues to be a far left jerk on social media and unfortunately still thinks he is the smartest guy in the room.

• rrick says:

My medical doctor campaigned for and won a seat on the school board. This man was wonderful in his every attribute. He was exactly what that dysfunctional board needed.

He survived a recall in the first year of his term. He was viciously verbally attacked, professional and personally, by the public. He and I would discuss. I saw a significant change in this man. He was brought low, shoulders hung. He said his sleep had suffered. He lashed out at me once then realized what had happened to him. He resigned from the board 2/3rd through his term.

A friend got onto a library board. The library! One may think what could go wrong there? Ha! People can be so cruel. She was terminated from a volunteer position for daring to motion for the agenda the unresolved issue of the people wanting longer library hours but the town reluctant to pay more for a custodian to secure the building after closing.

Over the years I have been asked to run for council at three different towns or small city. Each time I said no thanks. I have seen how people can be. Me and two other men broke up what was about to be fisticuffs at a meeting of the town’s water board, a town of ~3,500 people. The subject was whether to install a pedestrian gate through a fence on the west side or the north side of a building, both equidistant from the front door. The gate accessed a maintenance yard and the real issue was whether an employee was to walk over pine needles or hard sand.

I am of the opinion that the general public expects a council to be standoffish. So they act thusly. It seems a self-fulfilling prophecy. Too, there are more than a few who act like the council meeting is their night out looking to have a good time. Seemingly, they think nothing of it to waste the time of others.

• Phillie_fan62 says:

We think alike. I would’ve use the F bomb also. More for personal satisfaction. If she had anything to say about it? I would’ve yelled back. Your time has expired.

• Judith says:

I hate to burst any bubbles, but RINOS do the exact same thing. Just try to stand between a RINO and his donor.

The only difference I see here, is that before the New World Order took hold, the UNiparty used to brush you off ..but politely. However, the masks have come off now, and the wolves are *openly* tearing into the sheep.

9. Herbert Kroll says:

Posted march 22nd: Seattle City Council Select Committee on Homelessness & Housing Affordability. Three hours of talk about money and committee membership and who of the social work contractors will get the most profitable contracts or jobs. Almost zero talk about concrete solutions or even concrete help, actual facts. Unbelievable to watch. I mean, this guy, starting at 49:00…

• Dennis Leonard says:

No offense to you ,but I have no time to listen to that gibberish,30 seconds was enough.

• Lindenlee says:

Oh Lord…..Repulsive. Boring, make work, busywork, blah blah blah

• Former lurker says:

If they brought in about thirty or so of the “homeless” folks these buzzword spewing leeches were supposed to be helping, locked the doors and kept them locked for twenty four hours, in that single day, at almost no expense except for the massive cleanup needed in that puzzle palace, they will have made more progress in solving the drug addict nightmare that hides as “homelessness” then this sorry excuse of a city council has in the last few decades.

Washington state died politically due to election fraud. Slade Gorton and Dino Rossi lost stolen elections and nobody did squat. We went to an all mail ballot and since then the progs do better every election, to the point where we now have progs controlling all branches of government. A moderately conservative candidate for the Seattle city council recently quit the race because of threats against him, his family and all the employers of same. This “Seattle is dying” show is being treated as groundbreakingly daring, but anybody with two eyes, a functioning sense of smell and a brain to handle the input has known all of this for years.

Meanwhile the state legislature is feverishly working on taking away guns, raising taxes, declaring sanctuary for illegals who kill our police, coming up with safe injection zones for druggies and resisting Trump. If old laws and rules need to be bent or broken in the name of the progressive agenda , our state supreme court, purchased by state unions, does it with gusto and even runs the budget for the state education system as a side gig.

Seattle is transforming from the Emerald City of my youth to a self constructed “s” hole. If President Trump can restore sanity here, I will believe that there isn’t a thing on this earth he can’t do.

• Herbert Kroll says:

New York, under Rudy Guliani, managed to get out of the slump…

• Judith says:

Those were the days my friend.. One of Guiliani’s extremely *effective* remedies against the rampant crime and gang violence was to “stop and frisk” in high crime areas.

Now, the body count piles up in these “sanctuary” cities, mostly among the black and Hispanic youth in poor neighborhoods, while “compassionate” open-borders limousine liberals import gangbangers and illegal drugs.

• brenrod says:

thanks for this, it was hard to listen. Now I see why these folks hate trump, he makes stuff look too easy, while they make everything appear difficult and complex. Of course bureaucrats get paid to appear busy and claimed to be overworked. Its like judges who constantly put off cases and then claim they dont have the time to deal with all the cases they put off.

10. Dave Sanderson says:

Electing the SAME politicians and expecting a DIFFERENT result is (literally) Einstein’s definition of insanity, proving that liberalism truly is a mental illness.

11. thomas says:

Comment deleted by Admin…

• meow4me2 says:

Please don’t use that language. It doesn’t belong in civil discussion. I don’t like how the woman treated this man, but I cannot simply pass by and thereby condone this language.

12. FretlessT says:

Well done, Sir.

13. aleksjag says:

Our rules say we have to let you speak. They do not say we have to listen. Sorry if you were expecting more. /sarc

14. WSB says:

Is the council chair a legal citizen?

• rrick says:

I think the number is 22, it may be twenty-seven, which is how many cities in SoCal have illegal aliens sitting on the city council. In some cases they were elected, in other they were appointed. The cries of the people who demand English literacy, not to mention the obvious, when governing their incorporated city go unheeded.

15. KPomeroy says:

Sad video. But I know from experience at Tucson’s Pima County Supervisors “Public Hearings” what this poor man’s mistake was. He didn’t yell. He didn’t shout unpalatable truths until security ushered him out. He didn’t yell startling things like “Corruption!” and “Graft!” He didn’t pass out expository flyers and get the public there in droves. He was too nice. He underestimated how viciously corrupt these government officials are.

16. Paul Vincent Zecchino says:

Same in Florida, we are dirt under these clownissars’ fingernails. When we speak at these wretched pubic meetings, those in authority don’t even look up from the dais, never mind look us in the eye.

We are garbage to these two-bit crooked bums.

17. stringplayer55 says:

The city of Seattle is getting hammered this week. The local TV station, KOMO, produced a documentary “Seattle is Dying”, a 1 hour production that was aired without commercial interruption. Anyone who hasn’t seen this documentary, it is well worth one hour.

Seattle’s elected officials get nailed for the way they have promoted a particular social justice agenda to the detriment of the city and even to the detriment of the homeless who are camped EVERYWHERE.

Following that, KIRO talk radio host Dori Monson published a piece about homeless people digging tunnels under bridge supports. His piece was more critical of the State Patrol and DOT for passing the buck about who is responsible for any future bridge failures. Seattle came off pretty light in that report. But the bulk of the issues with Washington’s homeless population arise out of liberal Seattle policies.

Immediately after those two pieces went up, this video of a citizen appearing in front of the City Council started to make the rounds. People are getting restless here. Of course, they (we) are getting what the people have voted for: fake compassion that is a front for an assault on the historic belief that people are responsible for their own successes and failures.

Of course, that is not good enough for today’s PC culture. The down and out are in their situation because they are downtrodden. Someone else must be held responsible. Of course, our economic elites are willing to go along with the narrative and decry the way that the poor are taken advantage of – all while transferring financial responsibility onto the backs of the middle class and making sure that the middle class understands their moral complicity for the homeless drug addicts on our streets.

FUBAR! But the sheep are waking up.

18. Exihibit A why the 2nd amendment is necessary ………….

19. Larry Gardner says:

Where does all the arrogance come from?

• rrick says:

Larry, this is a great question. My answer is in part. Perhaps it is when parking your okole in a $700 leather chair behind a dais you feel special. You might think, I could not wear pants and ‘they’ wouldn’t even know. Then there is the gas or car allowance and reserved parking nearest the door. And who can forget closed door meetings, it’s executive privilege.

Or, perhaps it is being sequestered in a boring administrative detail then being yelled at for whatever reason by a seeming endless stream of irate and demanding citizens. You decide this is paying your dues for that mayoral slot you’ve been eyeing which itself is a springboard to state legislator. It is not necessary for you to listen, after all, you’re a short timer.

But you know what, that is small minded thinking. I mean, sure people act like that but it’s the small minded people who act like that. I have known CEOs in private companies or publicly traded companies who are very humble and charitable. What I am saying is that it is the small minded buffoon in too lofty a position who seeks advantage where there is none. We see that not only in local government but the U.S. Congress.

God has spoken of arrogance in people often. Here is one verse:
      The fear of the LORD [i] is [/i] to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.
      – Proverbs 8:13

FROWARD, adj. L. versus: turned or looking from.
      Perverse, that is, turning from, with aversion or reluctance; not willing to yield or comply with what is required; unyielding; ungovernable; refractory; disobedient; peevish; as a froward child.

• DelAware says:

College,

20. LibertyOne says:

That BI*CH should have been given a face plant. Look at EVERY DemonRAT run city and you see the future of this country IF people do not wake up. E/m the city council and let them know your disgust.

21. PoCoNoMo says:

I put that up on my accounts and sent it to a few people I know, asking them to forward it to others. It already has almost half a million views, but I want it to go REALLY, REALLY, viral! Those people need to be shamed. I can’t believe the NERVE!

• znoxide says:

I added it to LinkedIn which is really the only social media that I participate in. Working a professional angle in was a little difficult but customer service seems to work alright.

22. hard masada says:

I lived in the Tacoma~Everett area for to many years (30) and I left the ever-turning (@ that time) Socialist/Fascism loony-left form of government, in 1990. I have been back only to bury my father and it has changed into a Socialist/Fascism bordering on Kommie style form of government, controlling the masses. The sad part, the people up there allow themselves to be trampled. Could this video be that spark that sets off the rage that has to be bubbling just under the surface. You may not know this but the corridor from Tacoma~>Seattle is heavily militaristic in that all services are represented throughout the region. The state is supported by the military spending.

23. askandgettruth says:

just a burned out hippy from the 1960’s.i think you are too to live in mommy’s basement so just do a blunt and please don’t ever vote again you stupid stupid idiot.

24. @ChicagoBri says:

Just a reminder to Treepers, without excusing the rudeness of those council members – by the time an item gets to public hearing for vote, it has been through the bureaucratic process and vetted by elected and appointed officials. The vote is merely a formality – if it wasn’t going to pass it wouldn’t be presented for a vote.

25. Lone Pine says:

Frankly speaking this is exactly where we all are in this entire country.

26. TwoLaine says:

This is who got unlimited time. Check out the policies she’s pushing.

27. pattyloo says:

i felt sorry for that man. apparently, his reason for wanting to speak was to complain about the woman that spoke in a previous meeting – they let her go on for 5 minutes, after telling everyone they had only 1 minute each due to time constraints. so, the chairman played right into his hands with her snark about how he was wasting his 2 minutes. it was cruel of her to pretend she didn’t understand – to even acknowledge his point. She basically gave him his 2 minutes, and put him on mute, so no one would listen. it’s maddening that this type of behavior is just overlooked today, when it would have been shameful and probably resulted in job loss just 10 years ago or so. the boiling frog. i wonder if that man is a lover of the city and it’s liberal ways. if so, i hope he sees how wrong those ideas are now.

28. As I stated above……..

29. Stephanie says:

Absolutely disgusting! These people think they are untouchable. Rude, dismissive, and they seem to think they don’t need citizens votes or to even treat them with any respect whatsoever. Do they think corruption and illegal votes will keep them in power? They sure seem to. That won’t end well.