Friday March 15th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

205 Responses to Friday March 15th – Open Thread

1. citizen817 says:

2. citizen817 says:

3. citizen817 says:

4. Good Morning Treepers..

5. Agnes Goh says:

Shooting in two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, this afternoon, Friday, 15th March, less than four hours ago.

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Local Muslim mouthpiece is claiming to CNNI “Dozens of people have been killed…” AP is reporting 6 dead and more than 20 wounded in the attacks. Wacko shooter is a Serbian national socialist angry with the “Islamification of Europe” (and probably losing the war in Yugoslavia back when the Clinton Administration sided with BinLaden’s northern branch in Sarajevo and Kosovo.)

• nimrodman says:

Book I read documented that Iran threw heavy support behind Balkan fuslims, supplying weapons, advisers, training in Iran, etc.

Can’t really recommend the book, it’s kind of a tedious read.

But I hadn’t known of Iran’s role so that was illuminating. Also that all sides were just waiting to go back to war and re-arming and maneuvering to that purpose.

Some Call It Peace: Waiting for the War In the Balkans
        Bodansky, Yossef

• czarowniczy says:

An early Pasdaran project and, as friends have mentioned over coffee, they are still there and have a well-developed network throughout the Balkans that operates through the entire spectrum of active measures.

MSM gave up covering Iranian meddling in Europe as there’s no ‘bang zoom’ factor currently.

• czarowniczy says:

Waiting for Schumer and Pelosi to blame this on white, Southern, redneck fundamentalist Christians on vacation.

• andyocoregon says:

Another crazed white supremacist who ruined his own life as well as those of many others.

• Monticello says:

Labeling? Brit? Evidently now Australian in so far as citizenship but from the Bosnia/Yugo/Serb conflict area and era. Racist? Seems more accurate to say anti Islamic. That conflict was a religious war in Europe.

Timing? Look over here not over there?

New Zealand has very strict gun laws………?

• Monticello says:

That “manifesto” is pure bait for the world MSM.

• czarowniczy says:

Sort of ironic as Australia increased coastal patrols, some years back, to catch unnamed folks (Indonesian Islamics?) from smuggling unspecified items (guns and drugs?) into Australia. The issue sorta dropped off the scales a while back but there were some blurbs from Australians about certain folks being armed more betterer than native Aussies, especially after the Aussie government gun-grab some years back.

Ah well, seemed England and its stepchild countries are all busy eagerly importing the cancer cells of their own destruction.

• czarowniczy says:

Latest I get is 49 enjoying their allotted virgins with 20 in various stages of martyrdom. I’m not going to apologize for my flippant style, I just can’t get too sympathetic with a group that’s caused so much death and destruction in the name of their god.

• andyocoregon says:

I agree with your sentiment, but I don’t think armed psychos shooting defenseless people in a church or mosque gains any headway toward solving problems in other places around the world. This will likely result in much stronger gun control laws than they already have in New Zealand. Which brings to mind, they do have more restrictive gun laws there than we have here in the U.S. Those laws did nothing to stop these mass murders.

• czarowniczy says:

As a Commonwealth nation they share the Motherland’s hatred of the Great Unwashed having the physical means to resist tyranny. Watch for the Usual Congressional Suspects to use this as a rallying cry for more strict gungrab laws here as if this can happen in a civilized nation where gun rights and the historical right of native citizens to eat their victims have been abridged we really have to totally eliminate any defensive capabilities (you no longer need a licence to buy a crossbow in NC – the Vatican is going to be upset) -here.

Yeah, lemme see…ISIS, AQ, Moro Liberation Front, Boko Haram, Taliban…need I go on listing Moslem groups that have slaughtered innocent non-Moslem worshipers in their churches? As you sow so shall you reap.

I’m not condoning his actions but I’m not condemning them wholesale either.

6. Blue Ridge Mts. Va says:

This was so cute of a baby river otter who was orphaned

• RyderLee says:

Wow ! Who is That guy ??? ….. Ahem … I mean , What an Adorable Baby Otter 😊
      Good post , Blue !

• amwick says:

Grinning ear to ear… Hope the little guy grows up and is able to live in the wild… I know they will do their very best to make it happen…. 👍👍👍👍😍😍😍😍

• ByrdDeplorable says:

Hi, Blue: I have a grandson who lives in the Blue Ridge (and is an outdoors person himself) and is always telling me about something he saw with Coyote Peterson. Now, I will tell him about something I saw. Thanks for posting. 😁

• czarowniczy says:

River otters are amazing, from time to time we have them in our lake.

A few years back, sad story coming, there was a dead otter on the side of I-59 just as you come north over the Mississippi border. It had apparently been hit by a car trying to cross the interstate. It made it back to the shoulder where it died. We saw it there for about two days before we saw another otter, probably its mate, dead a few feet away – also hit by a car. As otters can be monogamous our conclusion was that its mate had come back and back to the body until it too was hit and killed.

7. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Repentance and Salvation

“What do sorrow and repentance have to do with salvation, and why would anyone repent of being saved? (II Cor. 7:10).”

“For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of…” (II Cor. 7:10).

There are different kinds of salvation in Scripture. Paul spoke about the salvation of our souls (Eph. 2:8,9), but he also spoke about his physical salvation from prison (Phil. 1:19 cf. Ex. 14:13). Additionally, he advised Timothy that if he would continue in Pauline doctrine he would “save” himself from the misery that always comes from not continuing in Pauline doctrine! (I Tim. 4:16). There is also the salvation from despair that the hope of the Rapture gives (Rom. 8:23,24), and the Rapture itself is called a salvation (Rom. 13:11).

The salvation in our text is yet another kind. In the context, Paul says he made the Corinthians sorry “with a letter” (II Cor. 7:8), i.e., his first epistle to them, in which he rebuked them for not disciplining the man living in fornication (I Cor. 5). They then “sorrowed to repentance” about this (II Cor. 8:9). The word repentance means to have a change of mind, and they changed their mind about allowing the fornicator to continue in their midst. This “saved” them from the dangerous leavening effect that his presence would otherwise have among them, and so their godly sorrow worked repentance to salvation, a salvation Paul assured them they would not regret or repent of later.

It also worked another kind of salvation among them, one similar to the salvation Paul references in I Corinthians 5:5, where he speaks about the fornicator and tells them,

“To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord.”

In context, we know that delivering the man to Satan meant putting him out of the assembly (v. 2,13). Letting him wallow in sin might destroy his flesh, but it would bring him back to the Lord, and “save” him from a loss of rewards at the Judgment Seat (I Cor. 3:15). The Corinthians would likewise be saved from such loss by their obedience to Paul’s instructions. Their sorrow worked this kind of repentance to salvation as well, another salvation they would not regret, of course, for no one at the Judgment Seat will ever repent of having done the right thing.

By Pastor Ricky Kurth

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

2Corinthians 7:10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
      9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Philippians 1:19 For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

Exodus 14:13 And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever.

1 Timothy 4:16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

Romans 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
      24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

Romans 13:11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

2 Corinthians 7:8 For though I made you sorry with a letter, I do not repent, though I did repent: for I perceive that the same epistle hath made you sorry, though it were but for a season.

2 Corinthians 8:9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

1 Corinthians 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

1 Corinthians 5:2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.

1 Corinthians 5:13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

1Corinthians 3:15 If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

8. Blue Ridge Mts. Va says:

Golden retriever wants to “friend” Gold Fish. Also cute. I don’t think the fish was too thrilled since it kept hiding.

9. livefreeordieguy says:

Here we are… The Ides of March… Early on, it was Roman tax day… We added a month to that… More time to find loopholes… Then, in 44 BC, it became famous for the day Julius Caesar was assassinated… Betrayed… “Et tu, Brute?”… Yesterday we saw Republicans betray the president… Sadly, there is more betrayal to come… Mueller report today? Would be fitting. A government that has pledged to protect the people betrays the people… Let’s find a way to help President Trump prevail over the multiple forces against him… Peace.

• ms Idaho` says:

I sent senator M Crapo a note. Even tho he was not part of yesterday’s fiasco I saw his name on a list of McConnell’s SEVEN SNAKES in HIDING. I warned him that we are watching and will not forget. Don’t know if it will matter to him. We’ll see what happens after our VSG PDJT vetoes yesterday’s efforts. Fingers crossed

10. Garrison Hall says:

Late at night, listening to “Music ‘Til Dawn” . . . As radio programming went it was a throwback to the classic days of the medium. For a few hours every night—-as long as I could stay awake since it was a school night—I’d be transported back to an era of big bands and girl singers like Dinah Shore . . .

11. csmats says:

I’m new to CTH but have been very much intrigued by Sundance’s sharp analytical mind. His insights are extremely valuable to anyone seeking analysis that unwinds all the tangled threads and lays them out in a logical, organized manner resulting in not only great information but predictive value that goes far beyond just the knowledge imparted.

That said, without naming names I encountered a relatively mild but pointed bit of racism here very recently — someone referring to Elaine Chao as a “slanty-eyed mole for the uniparty.” The comment got three upvotes and two positive responses (one of whom did both, so four separate approving individuals, five if you include the OP). I called out the racism and was told by the OP that “slanty-eyed” was merely an accurate physical description, nothing more, which is pathetically weak even as lame excuses go.

I got one upvote for each of two responses to the OP, both from the same individual. Someone else (not one of the upvoters or positive responders previously mentioned) then commented to the OP not to worry because racism is “thrown around so much these days people don’t even know what it is anymore” and that I was alleging “racism by innuendo.” As a politically active conservative I understand that as a general proposition because it does indeed occur with regularity, but clearly it doesn’t apply to direct usage of the “slanty-eyed” slur — there’s no “innuendo” about that.

Thoughts?

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Link to the offending post would be most helpful. It’s not difficult to do, but hopefully it has already been deleted. The mods can’t be everywhere all the time. It’s an open forum and new people flow in and out constantly; not all with good intentions.

• csmats says:

I’m not really about retribution; as I said the slur was relatively mild. What I found more disturbing was the ratio of six approving the slur against two disapproving — that’s what I’m seeking comment on. (By the way, the post was still up at the time of my posting here a few minutes ago.)

• Concern noted.. (Before you might get all SJW in here).. There’s NO Racism here in the Treehouse, (except against Islam & Muslims) And neither of those are a “race”.. Just Folks Whom want too tear down our Values & Civilization..
          Oh BTW I like “slanted-eyed” Women’s , Asians, I think they are sexy.. 😉
          If a Man is Bald.. Well, if the shoe fits..
          A White guy is called “round-eyes” Well, we are.
          A person of color is called “black”, well, apt description..
          A person is Fat, well, if they are…
          This is where the SJW’s want too take us..
          NO Physical description(s) for fear of “offending” someone..
          Makes LEO(s) jobs, harder to do Policework.
          As well as a “slippery Slope”, into where We are today..
          I’m a Old, one-armed White guy, whom is maybe a “slob”..
          Again, a apt descriptor..

• csmats says:

There’s a term: “Smile when you say that.” Which is what you’re doing (sort of, I guess). The OP I mentioned most definitely wasn’t. Big difference.

• Menagerie says:

I absolutely disagree on saying there is no racism here. We don’t catch it all, we can’t anymore, but there are some pitiful and hateful people who do at least try to comment here. And like csmats, I have often looked at the likes on comments and wondered more at them than one nasty commenter.

• czarowniczy says:

And Moslems are an alien cult, not a race, so we’re good.

• czarowniczy says:

Oops…you said ‘slope’, off to the sensitivity training corner.

• CC says:

Esmats, I saw that comment earlier today and it gave me pause….I will come out of my squirrel nest and go out on a limb…I think a lot of people feel a cultural resentment due to the problems with Chinese trade, products and computer hacking.. A lot of people were put out of work…(the same when America outsourced its ‘work’). American congress critters were giving away its wealth, the ‘can do American spirit’. K-Street bought and paid to allow our country to be weakened.

Far be it to me to decide what a person is actually thinking, but with the brouhaha over education, for example, my son was at a prestigious Iowa college, studying engineering and noted that the Asian students got “all the breaks”.

Don’t be discouraged or outraged. We are an American group who know the American way. We have hearts and minds. We love our POTUS, FLOTUS, and Constitution.

We have bigger battles to worry about.

• amwick says:

Hear, hear!!!! TY

• csmats says:

Your points are well-taken, CC, but they don’t justify the use of racial slurs. The point I’m trying to make is that conservatives often wonder why minorities shy away from or even outright reject voting Republican, and this thread is an example of why.

To wit, I understand that the guy who used the racial slur is part of a very tiny minority in the conservative movement. It’s the conservatives who would never use such slurs themselves but who nevertheless excuse, defend and even applaud the use of such slurs that sparks justified fear in the minority community. That’s what I’m trying to shine a light on here, and looking up and down at the results of this thread it’s shining very brightly indeed.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“So six approvers of the “slanty-eyed” slur against two in opposition. Admittedly a small and isolated sample, but also heavily weighted three-to-one in favor of the slur. Thoughts?”

Titus 3:1 ¶ Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,
      2 TO SPEAK EVIL OF NO MAN, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.
      3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.

4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
      5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
      6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
      8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

AcTS 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
        25 Neither is worshipped with men’s hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

26 And HATH MADE OF ONE BLOOD ALL NATIONS OF MEN for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
        28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
        29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.
        30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
        31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

• livefreeordieguy says:

Welcome csmats… You’ve already shown up as an excellent addition to the CTH community… I’ve been here a short time and I’ve found the vast majority of the CTH contributors to be solid, respectful, thoughtful folks who are patriots without a racist bone in their bodies. Most, I believe, scroll through the hundreds (thousands when you consider all the threads) of comments without liking or commenting… just reading and learning.

My suggestion is not to read too much into a single set of comments or reactions… The ‘Treeper’ community is not perfect and I am troubled by some comments also. But my unscientific assessment is that those troubling comments are 90% are thoughtful, insightful and funny. I’d put the CTH commenters up against any site on the net… I often think that some of them should have their own sites…. Roll with it for a while and I think you will find CTH to be (mostly) a welcoming, informative and enjoyable forum. I look forward to reading your comments.

• livefreeordieguy says:

Correction: I used characters that don’t work in WordPress… It should say: “But my unscientific assessment is that those troubling comments are less than 10% of those posted which means that more than 90% are thoughtful, insightful and funny.” Sorry.

• csmats says:

Thanks for your thoughts, livefreeordieguy. As you say, the bad comments are few and far between but I was a bit disturbed at the support this one got. In any case, I’m sticking around because Sundance is well worth it just on his own but, again as you say, there are other commenters that add additional layers of smart on top of Sundance.

• livefreeordieguy says:

You’re very welcome, csmats… I understand and respect your concern and I’m guessing others do as well… But you are 100% right that Sundance’s analyses are well worth popping in for regularly — and I’m confident you’ll enjoy the thoughtful analysis and banter of the community as well… Glad to have you aboard.

• csmats,
          Welcome to CTH. SD is a treasure and the quality of comments here is the best I’ve seen on the Web.
          Also, thanks for sharing your concern, respectfully. What I’ve seen here in my roughly 10 months of participating is broad knowledge as well as great patriotism. I don’t recall the specific post, but as nimrod points out below, most likely folks were “liking” the discussion of Chao as representative of a more Uniparty/globalist faction, rather than some supposed racially specific characteristic.

HTH

• BigMamaTEA says:

I also will add to wisdomtravel……If it was based on the clip of Ms.Chao, being the one to run off the antifa creeps….when they were yelling about her husband ….TurtleHead….who should’ve been out there defending himself!!! (he is a little pansy!)
            LOL!

• BigMamaTEA says:

Also csmats….keep in mind…that some commenter “like” a comment , as just an acknowledgement….instead of approval, or agreement….It’s I acknowledge that you made a comment, or in the case of treeps that are helping to do research, and will post a link with brief comment….., and someone like me, sometimes will scroll-through and “like” as an acknowledgement that, I’ve got it.

• czarowniczy says:

Then you have the sites like the Nation of Islam and La Raza…but they can’t be racist as they are sites defending peoples ‘without power’ and by definition you can only be racist if you have ‘the power’.

• nimrodman says:

csmats – you appear to dislike that people liked a comment about “slanty-eyed mole for the uniparty.”

A question to you:

How do you divine the degree to which those likers were liking “slanty-eyed” … vs. … “mole for the uniparty” ?

In other words, perhaps those likers mostly liked that the original commenter was calling out Chao (and by extension, Mitch) for their uniparty roles …

[where said uniparty is not held in high regard by most here]

… perhaps much more so than they were applauding the obvious and kinda juvenile slur “slanty-eyed”

You could well be tilting at the wrong windmill, friend

But welcome to you as a new participant, certainly

• dogsmaw says:

✅ smarty pants…but you did it so well!!!

• csmats says:

I’ll answer your question with a couple of questions: What should one think about the likes of the leftists who are blaming “white privilege” for the alleged abuses of the college admissions system? Would or should one “like” such a comment because they agree that the college admissions system is a corrupt racket, totally ignoring the slur against white people in the process? What should one think about the leftists who are blaming Trump and the NRA and “toxic whiteness” for the tragic mass shooting in New Zealand? Would or should one “like” such a comment because they agree that it was a tragedy, totally ignoring the slur against white people in the process?

Racist slurs are, or should be, unacceptable no matter what other issues of merit might be attached to the slurs. Your argument is astoundingly weak, friend.

• Monticello says:

Newcomer stirs up controversy….. identity politics?
          Perhaps a focus on the”quality” here vice pointing out what your interpretation of faults are…….would be a more positive reaction. ?

Political correctness has no place in analytical process or discussion and indeed bars true cognitive reasoning. IOW, it’s your interpretation that the comments/likes were racist….. perhaps a refocus on the actual actions vice words would help to clarify?

• csmats says:

Are you kidding me? The guy used the term “slanty-eyed.” That’s not racist?

As far as pointing out the quality here at CTH, did you even read my post? That’s what I led with.

Good lord.

• Monticello says:

Read all the posts in the thread before commenting.

How do you know the race or gender of the persons who liked?

False premise or false drama? Done. Welcome.

• greenswampgirl says:

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. From my perspective, so is racism. Nope, not kidding you. Have a Blessed evening.

• csmats says:

So the term “slanty-eyed” might or night not be a racial slur, it’s all in the eyes of the beholder. Run with that. It puts you on the road leading directly to Stupidville.

You want to know why minorities shy away from and even outright refuse to vote Republican? That what you just wrote is why.

• BigMamaTEA says:

csmats…are you of East Asian descent? Are you looking for an apology from the offending commenter?

No one intentionally meant to offend. But we don’t generally police every word commented here…..but if we can’t put this to rest soon…..well, either suck-it-buttercup and let’s move forward.; and I will welcome you to the Treehouse officially….or …..well, yesterday was day #2 of this as a topic of your comments. Gotta learn to sometimes shake stuff off…or go back in those threads and reply back to the original offending commentator, and give him a what-for.

OR….If all it takes it two words, commented one time, by someone, I don’t even recall who… then maybe don’t read the comments; Just come for the articles.

Because…..As I see it this morning….you came into our living room for a visit, and are now attempting to “take a dump” on the living room floor.

Didn’t your mama teach you any manners?

• csmats says:

Read, man. If you do that you would know what my intention is. Apparently that might be too far of a stretch for you, though.

If you think the use of the term “slanty-eyed” is not an intentional racial slur, you’re an imbecile.

Regarding my not reading comments, uh … no, I think I’ll reject your “advice” and just keep right on doing whatever I want, m’kay?

As far as “coming into *your* living room”, you presume much. This is an open thread by declaration of the person whose “living room” this actually is — Sundance. He hasn’t said anything about me “taking a dump” anywhere. If he does I’ll heed his words, but frankly you are a nobody who I’ll treat as such, thank you very much.

Arrogant and doltish is not a good look. You might want to try another. That’s what my mama would tell you.

• Ad rem says:

This is the SECOND time you’ve called someone an “imbecile”. Now, you’ve added “arrogant and doltish” to the list. I just had to delete one of your comments above for name calling. For now, I’ll just say “good bye”….then go back to cleaning up that big dump you took on our carpet.

• Rudy says:

LOL Tha tha dats all, folks.
      Raaaacism.

12. Blue Ridge Mts. Va says:

Stray pug transformed by good care, and love. Pug has a great attitude.

Pugs are great little dogs.

13. Kleen says:

Another day, another gruesome terror attack.

I don’t think there’s a ( one) cause. It’s drugs, it’s mental illness, It’s social media, It’s evil.

I don’t see how we can stop this kinda of evil from happening. It won’t stop and is becoming way too commum for my taste.

To make matters worse, we ( society) lost the ability to care about each other.
    The blame game and politics has already started. It’s sickening.

Yesterday was a school in Brazil, today a Mosque.

Tomorrow????

God help us!

• Alligator Gar says:

Yes. It is a great evil what was done in NZ. Reports are now saying that little children are among the dead. So very sad.

• BigMamaTEA says:

It’s also (with the moose limbs) in-breeding. There is a medically scientific reason the western world , for the most part does not breed with close relatives!

• Mandy says:

Muslims tend to follow a custom of marrying ‘father’s brother’s daughter’ so it’s ‘first cousin’ marrigae but done to keep everything in the patriarchical line. Britain’s healthcare system is failing in part due to the immense cost of caring for the babies born with the horrible birth defects that accompanies their consanguineous marriage practice. If you use scholar.google.com, you can find multiple scientific papers on what their practice leads to – including a dramatic drop in IQ. Quite fascinating, we did some reading on it a few years ago.

14. nwtex says:

15. nwtex says:

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Apparently any pushback against the Rainbow Freak Agenda will NOT be tolerated. Further proof that today’s schools are Leftwing indoctrination centers , nothing more.

16. nwtex says:

Woman slashed stranger’s SUV tires because she allegedly ‘disagreed’ with his MAGA hat inside
    March 14, 2019

17. I’ve been listening for days..

18. Beverly says:

I just found a terrific blog: http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/,
    “Unabashedly Pro-American, Pro-Christian, and Pro-Freedom!” Never heard of it before tonight, but I like what this fellow is doing. He’s got a good takedown of that jackass Bill Maher.

19. GSparrow says:

I was unaware how much China is helping to create and mostly fund Master Cities in 40 countries with untold billions of dollars invested.
    “Master-planned cities have become a development model, a way for countries in the developing world to jump-start economies and provide a roadmap for the future. But does reality live up to the pitch?”
    IMO, it’s a nightmarish type of controlled city life. The video is of “Forest City Malaysia.”

• Mandy says:

I just clicked to watch on youtube and noticed two things. First, “comments are disabled for this video.” Next, I noticed the big green DISSENTER button. Have not watched the vid or read the comments yet, but this vid currently has 930 comments on dissenter. NICE!!!!!

20. Troublemaker10 says:

21. Dora says:

Frank Mckelvey – ‘MORNING NEAR KILLYLEAGH, COUNTY DOWN’ (n.d.)

22. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

23. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.”
    Galatians 3:26 (KJV)

24. Dora says:

This sounds like it’s probably true. I remember how Melania stayed in NYC for several weeks before moving in to the WH. Now we know why.

• bessie2003 says:

Glad to see this! The First Lady is not only gracious and beautiful – but also very smart!

• amwick says:

I am not Catholic, but I used a statue of St. Joseph to sell my house in PA. It’s a thing.. and it worked. So, I know Catholics have ceremonies I may not understand, but I certainly respect. If this really happened, I think it was a great idea.

25. warrprin1 says:

From the PH library this morning… I think this one pairs ominously with the Senate treachery of yesterday, Thursday, March 14, as well as with the questions regarding a probable, significant, Friday info drop, anticipated today, March 15, 2019. I am not superstitious, but Shakespeare’s “Julius Caesar” made a deep and lasting impression on me in the 10th grade. “Caesar, beware the Ides of March…”

“Mr. President, it is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that siren till she transforms us into beasts.”
    Patrick Henry

26. Dora says:

• gmbliss says:

I am very impressed with the civility that PDJT demonstrates to that idiot. I myself would not be able to tolerate her presence, especially if she open her mouth!

• BigMamaTEA says:

Me too gmbliss. I think if I was that close to her….I would reach out….grab her in a ginormous bear hug…….and smother her.

• Dora says:

Oh, please don’t do it until I grab my camera! 🙂

• czarowniczy says:

Now in some states (Louisiana comes to mind) you could be charged with assault for saying that and, quite possibly, with an ‘elder abuse’ rider for good measure. I’ll pay your bail.

• BigMamaTEA says:

oh…did I forget some words?,,,,,Okay then…I’d smother her “with motherly love” Is that better?….

Appreciate the offer on the bill pay though….of course, I’d also have to explain….that I AM a hugger……I am……and it just was not expected that when I gave her my affectionate “Mama hug”…..that her scrawny-little-osteoporosis-ridden-little-bones just crumbled in my arms.

I was just showing her all the love that I have felt for her over all these years…..and I might only get this one chance to meet her personally…..and I was just star-struck with affection…and…and…I show my affection with…..hugs….and although I do have a full chest, she just forgot to turn her face to the side,so I guess she also couldn’t get any air in lungs, I guess, I was just so taken with being able to show her how much I loved her…

{whatdoyathink officer?{wink}

• czarowniczy says:

Probably as he considers her not worth the irreplaceable minutes of life it would take to deal with her and she’s soon to be replaced by a more…progresivo…rep.

• Just Beachy says:

Any big travel plans for the weekend? Not to worry, I know some recently grounded aircraft that are available.

27. bessie2003 says:

I think this video makes some important points on the bigger picture of what’s going on, world-wide in the so-called culture wars, the escalation and posing ideas of what can be done to tone things down, i.e. be responsive, responsible for our own reactions, actions regardless of what others are pushing us to do; so thought to share.

• bessie2003 says:

I was not aware, before posting this video, that Sundance had asked us to not post anything regarding what happened in NZ.

Moderators, please remove this link if that is the case;

I thought it was important to watch because it speaks specifically to NOT fall into the desire of the perpetrator(s) of the event to take sides, to harden one’s heart, to blame and accuse, and then go after, whether metaphorically or physically, those who’s opinions or idea one opposes. I thought it made a good point – but

because he is using the recent event to highlight the growing divide caused, by what he calls identitarians, those who now identify as being in one group or another, that this event will be used to push to silence voices others don’t approve of (from twitter, FB, other social media sites), thought he made good points.

I apologize for posting before realizing of course the Treehouse shouldn’t be creating links to sites even peripherally on that subject/event.

If the video is okay, then please ignore my remove it request. Thank you!

28. Dora says:

Beware.

29. czarowniczy says:

On the New Zealand shooter’s manifesto, an alleged copy it up – may be taken down again:

30. Dora says:

Look at them go!

31. NJF says:

I’m posting here bc although my comment is about politics, its not necessarily right for the POTUS thread. Story time.

I had a weird convo yesterday, that made me consider the motivation of it, while helping to reinforce how defensive some of us feel regarding POTUS. For me personally I’m pretty pissed at feeling defensive bc I support POTUS, his policies, and his admin.

Started a new job a few weeks ago. Its mainly myself and my boss, who has given off the vibe he is not a Trump guy. I like him a lot so far. So being a Dem is not an immediate dis qualifier for me.

Fast forward to yesterday, and we ventured into the area of politics. At some point he says “and I’m a democrat,” ok…..later in the convo he says, “sometimes I can’t believe my parents are registered repubs”

I replied, well Im a registered R.” ……..
    Boss: Oh i won’t hold it against you…..
    Me: Well I won’t hold it against you either (being a democrat).

IDK, for some reason I felt like doing a mic drop for myself. LOL

Like i said, I’m curious now if there is some sort of ulterior motive attached, I hope not. If nothing else, I drew a line that I’m not interested in anti-conservative and/or anti-Trump screeds.

As a matter of fact, thank goodness Im not at work today. The CNN is strong with the unhinged today.

• amwick says:

Our friends have a mixed marriage.. She is R,, he is D… they are both pro life… We do not get into politics with him… but today she and I had a ladies lunch.. So I said that I really respect her hubbie, nice guy, smart, but does he like any of those D candidates? I don’t know how he could…. she said he generally waits more towards the end when there aren’t so many to pick from.

• BigMamaTEA says:

NJF….Personally, I think you handled yourself quite well. You don’t really know your Boss yet….and even when you do have more personal knowledge of him……THIS IS POLITICS; IT”S NOT PERSONAL.

Now, if he turns out to be a uber-left-whackado…that may be another story. I also am more concerned that he, for some reason felt the need to broach the subject.

If he keeps bringing up the subject and it bothers you; you might say something along the lines of…..I’m here for employment….can we just keep it to that level…..(your own words of course) or….who knows, maybe in a couple years….you can convince him to vote TRUMP!

32. dbethd says:

Friday fun

33. Dora says:

It looks like a painting. 🙂

34. dbethd says:

35. My Friday question of the day: Who has longer teeth – Beto, AOC or Mr. Ed?

36. trumppatriot says:

I have ATT cell service. Since the Merger with Time Warner, CNN is now representative of the ATT business model. I looked at an old map of states where ATT has considerable coverage. It was mostly RED states. I wonder if customer pressure on ATT could influence them to force CNN to clean up their lying act?

• BigMamaTEA says:

Very interesting….I’ve always felt that the only reason CNN has any ratings at all is due to Trump.
      Yes, it’s “hate Trump” but, the more who “wake up” the less viewership they have.

37. Smashingzwan says:

Interesting section I cut from the new zealand killers manifesto. Notice the inconsistencies in the MSMs characterization of this guy…

“Were/are you a conservative?
    No, conservatism is corporatism in disguise, I want no part of it.

Were/are you a christian?
    That is complicated.
    When I know, I will tell you.

Were/are you a fascist?
    Yes. For once, the person that will be called a fascist, is an actual fascist.
    I am sure the journalists will love that.
    I mostly agree with Sir Oswald Mosley’s views and consider myself an
    Eco-fascist by nature.
    The nation with the closest political and social values to my own is the
    People’s Republic of China.

Was there a political figure or party in history you most associate
    yourself with?
    Sir Oswald Mosley is the person from history closest to my own beliefs.

Were/are you a “homophobe”?
    No, I simply do not care all that much what gay people do.As long as
    they are loyal to their people and place their peoples well being first, then
    I have no issues.

Were/are you “right wing”?
    Depending on the definition, sure.

Were/are you “left wing”?
    Depending on the definition, sure.

Were/are you a socialist?
    Depending on the definition. Worker ownership of the means of
    production? It depends on who those workers are, their intents, who
    currently owns the means of production, their intents and who currently
    owns the state, and its intents.

Were/are you a supporter of Donald Trump?
    As a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose? Sure. As a
    policy maker and leader? Dear god no.

Were/are you a supporter of Brexit?
    Yes, though not for an official policy made. The truth is that eventually
    people must face the fact that it wasn’t a damn thing to do with the
    economy.That it was the British people firing back at mass immigration,
    cultural displacement and globalism, and that’s a great and wonderful
    thing.

Were/are you a supporter of Front National?
    No,they’re a party of milquetoast civic nationalist boomers, completely
    incapable of creating real change and with no actual viable plan to save
    their nation.

By living in New Zealand, weren’t you an immigrant yourself?
    Yes, and it seems we immigrants seem to bring a whole host of issues.
    Nah, not really.An Australian living in New Zealand is much the same as
    an Austrian living in Bavaria. They aren’t going to ethnically replace the
    people, nor change the nations culture.They are the same people, they are
    the same culture.

Are you intolerant?
    Sure. The last virtues of a dying nation are tolerance and apathy, and I
    want none of it.

How did you develop/research/receive your views and beliefs?
    Over a great deal of time, from a great deal of places.

From where did you receive/research/develop your beliefs?
    The internet, of course. You will not find the truth anywhere else.

Is there a particular person that radicalized you the most?
    Yes, the person that has influenced me above all was Candace Owens.
    Each time she spoke I was stunned by her insights and her own views
    helped push me further and further into the belief of violence over
    meekness. Though I will have to disavow some of her beliefs, the
    extreme actions she calls for are too much, even for my tastes.

Were you taught violence and extremism by video
    games,music,literature,cinema?
    Yes, Spyro the dragon 3 taught me ethno-nationalism. Fortnite trained me
    to be a killer and to floss on the corpses of my enemies.

Did you always hold these views?
    No, when I was young I was a communist, then an anarchist and finally a
    libertarian before coming to be an eco-fascist.”

38. Dora says:

I wish they did stuff like this when I went to school. It looks like fun. 🙂

39. The Lord works in Mysterious ways Column
    note: this isn’t the “accused” in Her burning death..
    Ex-boyfriend of Jessica Chambers killed in shooting: police
    The former boyfriend of Jessica Chambers, the 19-year-old Mississippi woman who was burned to death in 2014, was killed in an early Friday morning shooting.
    Travis Sanford, 33, was found with a gunshot wound near a home in the 400 block of Woodruff Street in Courtland around 7:30 a.m., police said.
    Sanford was rushed to the hospital, where he died of his injuries, FOX 13 Memphis reported.

• andyocoregon says:

As much as I don’t care for Muslims in general, I despise the wanton mass murder of innocent Muslims, especially in their house of prayer. IMO, they should only be killed on the battlefield when they are our enemy.

40. nikkichico7 says:

Dealing With Debt
    MARCH 15, 2019

Romans 13:1-8
    1 Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves. 3 For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same; 4 for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil.
    5 Therefore it is necessary to be in subjection, not only because of wrath, but also for conscience’ sake. 6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for rulers are servants of God, devoting themselves to this very thing. 7 Render to all what is due them: tax to whom tax is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor. 8 Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law.

Citizens have the responsibility to submit to governmental authority. Obeying the laws of the land that do not contradict scriptural commands is an essential part of honoring the Lord. Verse 7 of today’s passage says, “Render to all what is due them.” Just as we are obligated to pay our taxes, we’re also to repay all of our debts (Rom. 13:8).

The Lord expects anyone who borrows money to be respectful of his neighbor and diligently repay him. By withholding what is rightfully due, we are guilty of stealing from the lender, which can influence our testimony for Christ. Since defaulting on a loan is serious and can ruin relationships, we need to responsibly get out of debt and stay out.

Perhaps this is hitting close to home. As daunting as the task of debt reduction may seem, you are not alone. God wants you to be financially free, and He will show you the way. However, it’s usually not a fast fix but a slow and steady approach that will prepare you to avoid future debt. Confess that you haven’t been a good steward of your resources, commit to making some sacrificial changes, and consistently work toward your goal. But above all else, rely on the Lord, and He will be faithful.

Does your mountain of debt seem bigger to you than your almighty heavenly Father? If so, your focus is on your own inabilities instead of the Lord’s faithfulness. For those who turn to God in genuine repentance and surrender, He will supply the needed resources as well as the persistence to repay what is owed.
    intouch.org
    Dr. Charles Stanley

41. andyocoregon says:

See what happens in countries where there is no 2nd Amendment?

“The (New Zealand) Prime Minister said at a press conference that she would consider banning semi-automatic firearms altogether, after it was alleged the gunman behind Friday’s shootings got hold of guns legally.”

42. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

43. auscitizenmom says:

A prayer for Justice Kavanaugh and Col. Flynn:

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
    be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

44. Sepp says:

The Akathistos Hymn

On Friday evenings during Great Lent, a special devotional prayer service in poetic verse is held in Orthodox Churches. The Akathistos, or Akathist, Hymn was composed in Constantinople, the Imperial City, by Saint Romanos the Melodist, who reposed in the year 556. The Akathist sings the praises of the Ever-Virgin Mary and its form has been copied many times over.

The Akathist shares the events leading to the Incarnation of the Lord, God, and Savior Jesus Christ in the life of the Virgin. It starts with the salutation of the Archangel Gabriel and includes Saint John the Baptist, the Shepherds, and the Magi.

The word “akathistos” means “not sitting” and the Faithful stand (which is the norm during traditional Orthodox services in churches without pews or chairs). The hymn has 24 stanzas written in an acrostic following the Greek alphabet.

On the first, second, third, and fourth Fridays of Great Lent, only a portion of the hymn is chanted or sung each time. On the fifth Friday the entire hymn is chanted. It is a prime example of original Byzantine chant.