Report: DOJ Deputy Rod Rosenstein Expected to Depart by Mid March…

Fox News is reporting that Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein is anticipated to resign mid-March and be replaced by a hand-picked deputy by AG William Barr.  Initial reporting is that Jeffrey Rosen will be the replacement.

FOX – Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein is expected to leave his role at the Justice Department by mid-March, a senior DOJ official told Fox News on Monday. (read more)

NBC REPORT WASHINGTON — Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who had been overseeing the special counsel investigation, plans to step down after Robert Mueller submits his report, according to administration officials familiar with his thinking.

A source close to Rosenstein said he intends to stay on until Mueller submits a report to the Justice Department on the Russian meddling investigation. The source said that would mean Rosenstein would remain until early March. (link)

If accurate, Jeffrey Rosen, Barr’s choice as deputy to replace Rod Rosenstein, was an attorney at Kirkland & Ellis, Barr’s former law firm, and is currently deputy transportation secretary.  Interestingly that is a connection to Mitch McConnell via Mitch’s wife Elaine Chao who is the current Transporation Secretary.

Previously Mr. Rosen served General Counsel and Senior Policy Advisor for the White House Office of Management and Budget during the George W. Bush administration. Before that, he was also with the Department of Transportation, serving as General Counsel.

Rosen has a B.A. in economics and a J.D. from Harvard.

This entry was posted in Big Stupid Government, Conspiracy ?, Dept Of Justice, IG Report Clinton Investigation, IG Report FISA Abuse, IG Report McCabe, media bias, Mitch McConnell, President Trump, Professional Idiots, Transportation, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

291 Responses to Report: DOJ Deputy Rod Rosenstein Expected to Depart by Mid March…

• WSB says:

What would be the chances of Bill Barr showing the door to Rosenstein this week?

• L4grasshopper says:

30 – 70.

Depends on IF and WHEN Barr gets a COMPLETE briefing on what Mueller is doing, AND what went on WRT the FISA abuses Rosenhack was a part of.

• andy says:

im going to toss out there that Barr is more loyal to Stefan Halper than Donald Trump via Iran Contra and the exported money laundering trail. IN between those two you will find Hillary Clinton in Arkansas with her greasing the savings and loan certification process. Drug pilots had to get paid and needed local laundry mat.

Any wagers? .

• Check out Wikipedia on Rosen, his replacement. He sounds like a typical liberal democrat who loves liberal Justices on the SC. Don’t tell me he is a republican, they said that about Comey and Mueller.

Anyway, I am disappointed. I didn’t have good feelings about Barr. If someone here can convince me otherwise about Rosen I would like to know because I will sleep better tonight. Right now, I just don’t think anything will ever be done. But PT picked Barr so we will see, probably like we did with Sessions.

• necsumadeoinformis says:

There are several Jeffrey Rosens out there with Ivy JDs. Make sure not to confuse them.

• livefreeordieguy says:

No, Covfefe…. You’ve pegged Rosen exactly right… We can only hope reports that he is Redactenstein’s replacement are erroneous… If not, we have our answer: Bill Barr is just higher-life-form of swamp creature who will do just enough to pretend he’s cleaning things up at DoJ and not nearly enough to hold any of his fellow travelers accountable. God help us.

• WSB says:

MKe sure tou are researching Jeffrey A. Rosen.

• Robert Smith says:

They have a job to do and I think they can distinguish between politics as usual and a coup against a elected president.

If you are looking for “clean” people with experience in DC you won’t find them.

• Michael Yates says:

President Trump has always been at a disadvantage when it comes to picking personnel to staff his administration. As a swamp outsider without benefit of having his own political team to lean on as most incoming Presidents do he is at the mercy of career Washington insider’s opinions. And I’m convinced he has not been served well in this regard. Mr. Barr strikes me as someone chosen by all parties to restore stability and respect to the institutions of the DOJ/FBI by quietly shuffling the chairs of leadership and bringing the SC investigation to a prompt conclusion but without further investigation or charges to those involved in the coup. And I believe this is understood by everyone involved from Trump on down as being the best for all involved. Too bad that the byproduct of this travesty is disallusionment and disgust in a two tiered legal (notice I didn’t say Justice System) system and that this precedent will only lead to further instances in the future. When trying to understand any political question cynicism will lead you closest to the truth. But I hope I’m wrong.

• CN says:

You’re looking at the wrong Jeff Rosen. Barr wants the Deputy Transportation Secretary, NOT The Atlantic writer

• WSB says:

Boy, did I bungle that one! Make sure you…

• Thanks everyone for your comments. I hope I picked the wrong one. I will do some more research.

• Jan says:

He took a position, I believe, in 2003, left the government in 2009. He came back to the government in 2017. I think he’s a Republican.

• Everett Miller says:

“showing the door” I sure hope you are talking about a door made of steel bars.

• Lester Smith says:

Isn’t it nice the little rat can leave on his own terms. Like most rats he sure is good at evading the trap while stealing the food “pension”. Low life dem tool.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Sundance, absolutely!

I am not sure who, between McCabe and Pelley, was the most refined, professional propagandist. Covering for McCabe, I might opine it was Pelley. Pelly had this scripted to a tee! Human behavior profilists would have easily noticed Pelly’s professional facial and hand gestures…putting on that studious look…like seriously thinking. It made me sick to watch him.

He was as good as media puppets and propagandists get. These people are very slick and easily deceive a great mass of sheeple. (automatons.)

So we’ll see what WB actually does. It should take very long for his colors to show one way or the other.

Thx for your work and diligence here.

• Carson Napier says:

First, he needs to step up and prosecute serial mega-criminal Herr Rosenstaein. then everything else will fall into place more easily.

• trumpmemesandreams says:

Sundance, it seems like it’s going to be incredibly telling how Barr handles these coming weeks given the impending release (no really, we mean it this time, Mueller is wrapping up! Scout’s honor!) and how he proceeds with the IG report.

Perhaps Barr holds the Mueller report’s public release, and allows the IG and Huber to — finally — have unfettered access to evidence and witnesses, etc. that otherwise have been frozen by the ongoing investigation? It seemed to me that this might be taken as a good signal from the Senate confirmation hearings: namely that Barr reserved his report release authority quite strongly.

I imagine there might be a run on pepto bismol on Capital Hill if this turns out to be the case, and it becomes clear that there’s a *real* investigation going on, at last, and Barr is throwing a spanner in the “resistance timeline.”

Any thoughts or indicators?

• angellestaria6674 says:

A legitimate concern…

Even if(?!) Barr proves to be a white hat and proceeds to actually attempt to expode and expose this whole cabal, there is no guarantee he will be given the material he needs to accomplish that task.

We have to keep in mind that these people are in this to the end of whatever measures they are determined to implement to keep the truth of it all under dark snd murky swamp water.

If they have to destroy mountains of material and evidence to cover their first intentions and agenda, which is rooted in their hope for a HRC win, knowing that all the sins, lies and deceptions of their agenda and vast nexus of all the players…..including the Clintons, their foundation, establishment power players like Mitch McConnell, NP, CS, DF, foreign collusion, etc, etc, etc…..would magically go away…..then they will at least attempt to destroy or hide what they must to save themselves and to hell with the rest of us.

I opine that these people are evil enough to kill if that is what they think would save their lying hides and deep nexus with a very large money train.

Just my opine. Nothing more. Nothing less. Nothing else.

• JKent says:

Well, obviously a Presidential declassification order covering 100% of the investigation materials and not permitting the FBI and DOJ to redact would give Barr what he needs. But I am certain someone can invent a whopper about how Trump can’t declassify documents because he is only the President.

• angellestaria6674 says:

That would be awesome.

But even in the process of declassification, I believe these people are quite capable and skillful enough to altar, change and remove what they have to and “reproduce” as such, at least some of the material. It’s murky at the least. They don’t follow proper protocols and precedures. Rule of law is just for you and me, not them.

You can believe that they have been working every angle 24/7.

And they may just be arrogant to withhold whatever they want and give him only what they want him to have.

It is the hope of many that perhaps he has already seen and reviewed at least some documents.

Let’s just hope they don’t decide to start killing people outright to save their own worthless, treacherous hides.

• Robert Smith says:

To destroy the volume of this information completely involves many people. People that will then be at risk even if they played no role. They are going to find it difficult to make it go away.

• angellestaria6674 says:

True.

But still, I believe there are no red lines that these people won’t cross. A few who would save themselves, would easily, casually, even flippantly decide to throw many others away regardless of the cost. These people are utterly self-serving and operate without conscience other than for the self-preservation of themselves and their corrupt estate of being.

But, Andy’s “confession” to SP did make their task harder and more complex. This is a good thing. I just hope it doesn’t run out of gas and becomes another tic toc.

Even if they didn’t or actually couldn’t destroy the whole volume of information, you can believe they will attempt to alter as much as is possible.

Look at Benghazi. That should have been a slam dunk. However, I have to take into account the big difference between then and now, that is, who was POTUS then and who is POTUS now.

I pray God to help Trump grit his jaw like a bear trap and determine to do whatever he must and can do. He certainly has the fierce tenacity of character and personality to give all of us the best shot of at least some justice.

We’ll see.

Thx for your reply.

• Tl Howard says:

Oh, come on. Tom Fitton knows good and well McCabe wasn’t part of all this just to get back at Trump for the firing of Comey.

• dawg says:

Yeah, I though that was an oversimplification. They had to go on offense to cover up their own crimes.

• beach lover says:

Ive heard that too… way too much. These people know this didn’t start with McCabe and the small group after Comey was fired… just as we here know it. That would ignore everything that was done by Comey (at the direction of Lynch (Obama) when they went for the FISAs and conspired with Steele.

They can not separate those events. The fact that we aren’t hearing about that has me concerned. Sure we know it, and many in the committees know it, and I’m sure Trump’s lawyers know it. So why is no one coming out and saying it now?

If it were me, I’d want to get the truth out ahead of the Mueller non report. Where is Nunes, Jordan now? And it’s about time the rest of the GOP weasels get on the Trump train and start verbally calling out this coup! Time to pick a side.

1. I’ll believe he’s gone when he’s gone, and not a moment before.

Same thing with the Mueller probe ever ending

2. L4grasshopper says:

So how does this now alter the “leverage” balance SD talked about?

And what of the declassification conundrum?

3. jbrickley says:

It would be glorious for Barr to replace Rod Rosenstein with Jeffrey Rosen or whoever it really is ASAP.

• L4grasshopper says:

Agree. Why wait for Rosenhack to resign? Barr can and should requests Rosenhack’s resignation immediately.

• WSB says:

After revelations of McCabe in the last three days, I would expect a no confidence change of locks on Rosenstein’s door tomorrow morning.

• CN says:

Just fire his ass

• Krashman Von Stinkputin says:

Barr is keeping him until Mid March…..

RR is an assweasel but he makes a helluva cup of joe….

Which he will doing in the first floor coffee shop after being properly trained on how to operate the cash register by his new manager Bruce.

• oncefired says:

If Barr plans to Reform he will need to keep Rosy around a bit to get information. Kick him out tomorrow and he just lawyers up. There is obviously something playing out between Rosy and McCabe. Barr should take decision making away, but make it appear that Rosy is spilling and draw McCabe and the group more out into the open. It appears their plan now is to blame everything on Rosy. Nobody in this is going down alone, they are taking everybody with them. There could be a whole lot more nefarious activity that we don’t even know about yet! We all ran out of patience long ago, but we have to be in for the long haul. Whether the Mule is blocking Declass, PDT doesn’t forget and he knows that is up his sleeve for future use against rats in Congress that are just starting their Bogus Investigations. I think the Dems on the Gang of 8 are up to their eyeballs in all of this, not to mention a few R’s – which is why Eddie Munster fled into darkness! Brennan gave everybody a different briefing.

• beach lover says:

Rosie already offered his resignation to PDJT last year. He was willing to cut out. Now that he is publicly outed as a conspirator against the President, I want Barr to hold on to him and rake his butt over the coals for a few weeks.

Seems to me the easy way out for all these crooks is to be fired. That is not enough. They lawyer up.. write books, lie. And by the time the final judgements are made, they are let off with a wrist tap… because they got fired!

When I think of Manafort rotting in solitary confinement while this was all going down.. makes my blood boil. He may be guilty as sin, he may be the biggest slime ball on the planet but he would not be treated this way if he hadn’t been on the Trump campaign for a couple months!

• Why do you think Rosen is on our side? I would like to know.

4. CNY3 says:

Excuse my French, but GTFO NOW!!!! 😁

5. rf121 says:

And if Mueller does not submit a report until say September than RR gets to stay as DAG until then? I don’t think so. I’m thinking Barr ain’t playing so Mueller has probably been told to wrap it up.

6. alligatriot says:

Dreaming …

How sweet if Rosenstein was indicted before he resigned …..

(I heard there was a Weiner-free cell available.)

• WSB says:

I would personally give him a rubber room to sit in. There must be something in the manual about ‘even the appearance of attempting to overthrow the duly elected government’…no?

• angellestaria6674 says:

No or yes…either way, me thinks we are observing the unfolding of far more than an appearance.

Btw, in his first epistle to the Thessalonians, the apostle Paul wrote…

“Abstain from the appearance of evil.”

I think the man understood the nexus between the two, especially if you want to avoid the “guilt by association” label.

But I still believe the whole cabal of players involved are all in it waist deep, and the only “appearance” they are trying to maintain is one of put on public concern for the nation’s welfare. It is a lying device of subterfuge that is more and more, appearing to unravel. It is still true…no honor among thieves. And these poker players are cheating thieves trying to steal a nation and derail a legitimate election and presidency.

Good day to ‘ya!

• BobR says:

He signed a FISA warrant and was a player in U1. He should be arrested not just a witness.

7. J Gottfred says:

As my father would say, (a WWII Navy Veteran). Don’t let the door hit you in the A$$!

8. Raffaella says:

Considering what we heard on that 60 minutes interview, I am shocked Rosenstein was not fired today. Mid-March is ridiculously too late.

9. GSparrow says:

Here’s a decent 2017 video of Mr. Rosen being questioned by the dimwitted Dem Sen .Markey.
    I like Rosen’s manner and confidence at first glance.He immediately seems very competent and intelligent to me.

• TomH says:

To quote his fellow Mass. hack pol. Billy Bulger (yes, Whitey’s brother), “To a battle of wits, he (Markey) comes unarmed.”

• livefreeordieguy says:

Hey Tom, I take offense to your ad hominem attack on Congressman Markey who has been in public service for 43 years as both a Congressman and Senator (since 2013) from my abandoned home state of Massachusetts. That means that, at 72, he’s been in public life since he was 29 — though he hasn’t totally avoided the dreaded private sector. Mr. Markey worked as a Good Humor Ice Cream truck driver for several years in his twenties, earning himself the nickname “Mr. Frosty” on the neighborhood circuit. Rumor has it that he still owns his boyhood home in Malden, MA and goes there once every 10 or 15 years while contributing to the Massachusetts economy by paying lawn and snowplow people to make it looks like he “lives there”. He jumped on the “Green New Deal” because he is “woke” and because AOC demanded a co-sponsor who has a lower IQ than she has. “Mr. Frosty” fit the bill.

• I listened but not impressed with his answers to Markey. I guess you see something I don’t.

• GSparrow says:

More:
        On second thought, it wasn’t the best choice to highlight Mr. Rosen’s proven abilities given Markey did 85% of the reading and talking from his aides’ scripts. Rosen was at his boring nomination hearing with an almost empty room, so I took the venue and his answers into account. But I see your point. I will try to be more discriminating in the future.

10. franz dorn says:

Rosenstein will have to testify while still employed.

11. hardworkingsob says:

Not sure what to make of this article. Look at author and date. This would be about the time the 25th amendment was seriously being considered by the traitors.

• WSB says:

From the article. The talking points started on the 11th, NYT. Like clockwork.

“Last week, in The New York Times, Ross Douthat became the latest and perhaps most prominent advocate of using the Twenty-Fifth Amendment to remove President Donald Trump from office. Section 4 of the Twenty-Fifth Amendment allows the vice president and a majority of the Cabinet to recommend the removal of the president in cases where he is “unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office,” and allows the House and Senate to confirm the recommendation over the president’s objection by two-thirds vote.

Douthat argued that the Amendment should be invoked to stop what he calls a “childish president” who is unfit for office and who is unlikely to be impeached.”

Derps.

• GSparrow says:

I believe the author of the article is a different chap with the same name.

12. angellestaria6674 says:

Realistically…

We are truly in a wait and see situation.

No tic toc, no intriguing posturing.

None of us actually, factually, absolutely knows what is going to happen yet.

Guessing and opinion is all we have. Even with the facts we do conclusively know that have come to light, we can only hope for justice down the road, but we don’t know with any certainty what will happen in any number of parameters of this whole convoluted travesty of justice and swamp of sedition.

I don’t want to jump off any bridges with my own mere opinion of predicting what comes next. I admit, I simply do not know.

I’ll hold onto the one Truth above that I know never fails and will not fail us.

Peace to all here. Been missing you Treepers. Got a bit of a break today from a killer schedule so could get on here for a few minutes.

13. MAGADJT says:

Always remember. Whether any of these usurpers face legal jeopardy or not. They thought they had a plan that would have Trump on the street by now. Yet they have been the ones losing their jobs one by one. Yes, that is not what they deserve, but they did not succeed and got bested by POTUS and they know it.

• Snuzzy says:

Ya, but most with full retirement/pension payments, courtesy of we, the tax payers, who got screwed on the first place. I don’t feel any better!

• Tall Texan says:

The Department of Just Us would have it no other way

• warrprin1 says:

Stay focused on the big picture. MAGADJT is right. They failed in their mission. The biggest sacrifice and intense labor have been contributed by POTUS. We have all been through a lot together, but PDJT and Family have been put through the ringer. He’s still standing, and consequently so are we, not just as supporters, but as a nation. Their pensions, et al, are less than peanuts compared to what we almost lost.

Make America Good Again.

14. simicharmed says:

I was hoping he was going to FIRED tomorrow!

15. bofh says:

“This timeframe would align with prior reporting that Rosenstein would exit mid-March simultaneous to the completion of the Robert Mueller investigation.”

But I thought much current thinking was that Mueller would drag his “investigation” on to (or beyond) the 2020 election?

• We’ve been hearing since Nov 2017 that it’s “just another 30 days”. I’ll believe Mueller is gone when he’s gone and not before.

• Robert Smith says:

Whitaker started the Mueller will finish up soon. So he probably got briefed and laid down that marker. Barr will most likely follow that up. None of which is interfering with Mueller’s “investigation”. If you have something, show it or GTFO.

• L4grasshopper says:

That was before Sessions got fired and a new Sheriff was hired to finally provide ethical oversight of Mueller.

• bofh says:

I’d love to think so, but frankly I don’t feel too optimistic about Barr’s background and easy confirmation.

I wonder if perhaps the best we can hope for is that in a month or two more, Mueller does an Emily Litella “Never mind…” and slinks off with a non-apology, having nothing to show for his time other than a few non-collusion, manufactured process crimes. In this scenario, Barr just quietly restores some semblence of functionality at DOJ, no one gets punished, and the FBI gets to keep its “old” reputation, but the immediate threat to this President is washed away. We will never see judgement visited on BHO or HRC or so many others, beyond a few lower-level expendable supporters.

• warrprin1 says:

HRC’s punishment: She lost. They tried to oust PDJT. She lost again.

Comey’s punishment: His total disconnect from reality. Looks in the mirror & sees a hero. We look at him and see the failure of a self-styled, wannabe Macchiavelli. The world is laughing at him but he’s too dense to comprehend what happened. Welcome to Hell, Jim.

The Small Group’s punishment: FAIL! Eventually, some may go to jail.
          Some will go into hiding, and others will drown in the abyss of powerless obscurity. My, how the mighty have fallen.

Imagine the separate home lives of Strozck and Page now… Seek ye some trouble and it will surely find you.

They won some battles but they’ve lost the war. Thank you, LORD, again! 🙏🙏🙏

Summa punishment for the Sedition Team: Donald J. Trump is still standing, and is still the President of the United States of America.

We may not be completely out of the woods, read: danger, yet, but evidence of multiple schemes and money laundering chains is making its way to the surface now, along with the unmasking of Uniparty traitors in Congress and the Judiciary. It is always better to know, than not to know. Ignorance is not bliss: it is simply ignorance.

And finally: Hillary will never, ever be President. End of her story.

• frank field says:

Warrprin 1:

Great post. Grace to you and all Treepers. Whether it’s in this lifetime or not…justice WILL prevail.

DRAIN IT

• Robert Smith says:

I think that is the minimal outcome we can expect.

Trump will keep pushing. Don’t think his tweets don’t have an effect when he says “coup”

• cwf60 says:

Mueller will finish and pass the baton to Adam Schiff. Schiff will go to the SDNY where they will start charging the president with financial crimes while hoping to ensnare the whole family. This will keep the country off balance until the 2020 election. Defeating the president by any means necessary including voter fraud. These criminals will do whatever it takes to accomplish their globalist goals. We are going to need a miracle like 2016.

16. Kleen says:

Don’t get to excited about that. Their criminal ring was dismantled inside the DOJ and FBI

So, criminals like them will just regroup somewhere else. Just like ACORN did. Change name, split up in diferent groups to stay umder the radar and continue to do what they always did.

17. albertus magnus says:

Nobody is going to get charged. Barr and new Associates will clean up, at least on the surface, the DOJ. McCabe, and co. will all walk. the Mueller Report will not indict or be too critical of PDJT.

Both sides will foam at the mouths through each side’s resident loadmouths (Hannity and Maddow),, Dems in Congress will attack, whine and innuendate, GOPe will want it all to go away and PDJT will focus on those issues he ran on and do what he can to MAGA.

I said this 6 months ago. Saying it now. Will be saying it next year, in 2 years and in 6 years.

Watch and see and be grateful we will have what wins PDJT can pull off in the meantime.

18. andy says:

The new permanent house committee on presidential ethics examiner , providing exhaustive encompassing reviewof all presidents going forward. the house PEE PEE committee.

19. Kleen says:

Many criminals already left the DOJ and FBI( fired or resigned)

So their gang has been slpit up.

RR is going to join them and regroup.

These people never go away. They have been around several decades.

Watch him pop-up in some NY lawfirm with other Clinton lawyers and stay there for a while working behind scenes. Wait a few years he will back in one the agencies in a high level position. It’s always the same players runing the country.

20. jx says:

Isn’t Kirkland & Ellis tied with Obama/Clinton?

21. Michelle says:

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

22. California Joe says:

Rosenstein could be on annual leave for the next few weeks and be gone already. It’s a typical exit in federal government service.

23. kltk1 says:

Lemme guess. 3/15/2019 RR is gone. Follow the watch.

24. clipe says:

Fox Fake News is reporting that Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein is anticipated to resign mid-March and be replaced by a hand-picked deputy by AG William Barr. Initial reporting is that Jeffrey Rosen Jussie Smollett will be the replacement.

25. BarneyRubble says:

So Rosenstein replaced with Rosen. Any bets on how long before Rosen becomes acting AG and Barr is recused?

26. rf121 says:

Maybe we will see what PT thinks on RR soon. He is hitting up twitter tonight.

27. related to possible other shake-ups.

DNI Dan Coats’ job may be in danger, according to Trump ally
    One of President Trump’s closest allies is suggesting the president may be considering firing Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats.

In an interview Monday, Newsmax CEO Chris Ruddy said he spent the weekend with the president at Mar-a-Lago and spoke with a number of White House aides on several topics.

Ruddy said sources told him how disappointed the president was about Coats’ threat assessment of North Korea during a hearing with lawmakers last month. He said it appears Coats is trying to make his own policy with his intelligence instead of following the president’s diplomacy.

–Nothing confirmed at this point – just a possibility that seems logical to me.

28. Curt says:

He’ll be hiring his own attorney soon. Good riddance!

29. jmuniz1 says:

Be Patient the only people who can take down our President is you the voters. Today in sweetwter Florida at the FIU South Campus there where a few thousand Trump supporters. I was there it was packed with people from all over. A lot of hispanics and Venezuelans where there to show there support for our President.

30. WSB says:

Rosen currently was attempting to claw back the few billion from the CA dirtbags in THEIR transportaion department. So, we know Rosen works well with slime already.

Now, will Rosen be Turtle and Mrs. Turtle’s ear piece?

31. sundance says:

• thegoosefish says:

Then they’ll say they never said it.

• Carson Napier says:

Then there was ‘Trust Tillerson’ and ‘Trust Kelly’ and ‘Trust Mattis”.

Some people are much too trusting for the nation’s good.

• Avi says:

i never trusted either, they should rot in hell

• cocamars says:

McCabe thought he was scot-free when he announced his retirement. He was fired at the Trumpian optimal revenge point in time. Just because you resign doesn’t mean you can’t get fired.

• Hap Hazard says:

I think “Trust Trump” is all you need to say, SD.

Nobody EXCEPT Trump knows much, if anything, about Sessions, Rosenstein, Wray or nearly anyone else. But we can Trust Trump, and that’s good enough for me.

• Athena the Warrior says:

Exactly. Be super, super careful of who you follow on Twitter. There is one person in particular who is pimping hard for Rosenstein as a white hat. This person is supposedly a reformed rabid Never Trumper. Now he acts as if he is a primary source of what’s really going on and what PDJT is really doing.

He gets very angry if challenged about Rosenstein as a white hat going as far as blocking some people. I am quite suspicious if this person isn’t playing a long con to keep Trump supporters from truly going after RR.

Insert Suspicious Cat photo.

• spoogels says:

WTH…? Ex-Sessions Spox is Joining CNN as Political Editor, Helping Coordinate 2020 Coverage

REWARD FOR BEING A LEAKER?

Sarah Isgur never liked Donald Trump and actually defended Crooked Hillary on Twitter during the 2016 election.

“Saying you will criminally prosecute your political opponent when you win is a scary and dangerous threat,” Sarah Isgur tweeted in October of 2016.

The President was not happy when Sarah Isgur joined the Trump administration in 2017 — Another ‘Jeff Sessions beauty.’

Was Sarah Isgur leaking to CNN the whole time she was the leading spokeswoman for the DOJ?

Is CNN rewarding her with a job as political editor for leaking to them while she was working for Jeff Sessions?

Donald Trump Jr. retweeted Arthur Schwartz, a political operative who called for an investigation into Sarah Isgur for potentially being a leaker.

32. Carson Napier says:

How much prison time will Barr go for against Rosenstein, although Rosenstein should get the death penalty?

If it’s less than for 100 years, Barr should be behind bars himself.

• LBB says:

I think PDJT and RR came to an understanding along the way. Back about the time PDJT said he wasn’t firing RR etc. Though RR may be guilty of participating early on , I personally believe RR realized (after months) PDJT wasn’t the monster or russian puppet that MSM/Deepstate team needed everyone to believe. RR may not like PDJT because he doesn’t fit the mold, but RR will be helpful to shedding as much light as we are going see.
      .02

• Hap Hazard says:

It would be great if you had one scintilla of evidence against Rosenstein.

• Athena the Warrior says:

1. Recommended that PDJT fire Comey then after he was fired, hired Mueller to investigate “Russian collusion” but gave him an extremely broad range.
        2. Signed the 4th FISA.
        3. Threatened to open up an investigation on Congressional members for doing their oversight job. He denies this.
        4. Spoke about enacting the 25th Amendment and wearing a wire. He denies this and McCabe could only be trying to save himself.
        5. Has consistently slow walked requested documents on the FISA abuse and phony dossier.

Shall I go on?

33. Curt says:

Why not Matthew Whitaker for assistant AG? He’s a proven commodity. I’m so tired of these deep state appointees who turn out to be part of the Washington DC deep state cabal of traitors.
    Rosen is worrisome…..

34. JoD says:

Glass half full…Barr and Rosen (minus stein), get in there and really kick some ass.
    Glass half empty… Turtle already has a Cabinet mole, his wife. Now, he has a DOJ mole, Rosen.
    IMO….This whole rodeo is ridin’ on Barr.

35. maggiemoowho says:

Kirkland and Ellis LLP Chicago office helped the Hillary Clinton campaign. Blamed Trump for threatening National Security and even claimed Israel was distancing itself from Trump.

36. MAGADJT says:

But…but…Sessions vouched for Rosenstein more than once. Nothing to see here!

37. Chip Doctor says:

I despise this man. What a smug self righteous snake. I hope he hangs.

38. Sentient says:

Don’t you wish you could just run into these f***ers – these Rosensteins, these McCabes, these Muellers – sometime out on the edge of town? That you’d see them filling their tank late at night at some small gas station with no security camera? Or at least that somebody would see them at the grocery store and could tell them to their smug faces that we’re all onto them – and that we all hate their freaking guts? But they don’t live in our world. They’re eating lobster risotto with the Podestas. They daren’t come anywhere near us.

39. Carson Napier says:

Was the Rosen family name once Rosenstein? If so, Rosen and Rosenstein could be 2nd or 3rd cousins.

If nothing else after getting rid of Rosensteni, to then bring in Rosen, should be bad karma.

40. Blind no longer says:

I have despised Rod Rosenstein since day one!!! I am going to celebrate the day that corrupt POS is shown the door!!! I had hoped he would leave in handcuffs, sniveling and crying…but just so he leaves and it’s televised on the networks so I can watch it in real time. Rotten Rod will forever be despised by many PDJT supporters!! I pray President Trump has some very special revenge planned for this POS!!!

41. Bluto says:

Why stick around until mid-March? Perhaps you have more mischief to perform? Maybe you want to clean out your files and erase your hard drives?

42. Robert Smith says:

Hopefully, depart this Mortal Coil.

43. another month on our payroll at six figures. sure beats a kick in the head or a solitary cell next to manafort.

44. Everett Miller says:

Lock him up!
    Barr is on the spot and must indict and TAKE TO TRIAL these criminals, including Sessions and Mueller along with the Big Fishes too.
    The Rule of Law hangs in the balance.

45. CN says:

Trust Sessions? Makes you wonder about the real identity of Q and Stealthjeff, for they largely said the same things. Q was cryptic and the other wrote calming paragraphs insisting that Trump really wanted all this crap going on (and that Mike Flynn was also part of the game as he put his house on the market to pay his bills). Sessions and Comey didn’t have a lot to do during those days any more than other Hillary operatives and fixers. I won’t be happy until Sessions, Wray, Comey, and Rosenstein get their doors kicked in during the night and their old wives are standing outdoors in their bras and panties. I don’t trust Rosenstein and I don’t trust the people who insist this is all a fancy schmancy strategy game. They’re lying.

• Hap Hazard says:

Trust Trump and we won’t have to embarrass ourselves by opining about matters NONE of us know absolutely anything about. 🙂

46. snellvillebob says:

When Rosenstein leaves, President Trump would be better off with Charlie Mansion as his replacement rather than anyone recommended by traitors.

47. BSR says:

Does Rod think he’s an LA Confidential badass or something? He has such a “clean cut” appearance to be playing the bad cop. Doesn’t it seem like this is his idol?