Monday February 18th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

214 Responses to Monday February 18th – Open Thread

1. DanDeplorable says:

DAILY DEVOTIONAL, February 18, 2019

“Mighty To Save”

2. citizen817 says:

3. citizen817 says:

• nikkichico7 says:

😍 … 😢👍❤️ …. so totally AWESOME …. ❤️‼️

• Just CC says:

Ooooh MY Lord ! ,
      that is so wonderful ,God bless those who helped this baby

• angellestaria6674 says:

Citizen:

I love this as I am a huge pet person.

But…but…but:

I can’t help but think of the great mass of insensitive and hard-hearted people in our nation who won’t lift up one finger of help to save 1 of hundreds of thousands of innocent humans in the womb from vicious slaughter. Are pets worth more than humans? Retorical question.

I won’t even apologize for “seeming” to be negative.

I am a realist in the plainest of common sense priority and higher order of life.

But I do thank you for posting this.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Feel better now, angel? LOL! (Sometimes we all need to rant.) You’re safe here.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Oh, and it’s been so long since I’ve (apologized if you will) for ranting, that I just at the top……..type “rant” then at the bottom type “rant off” {snicker}

• angellestaria6674 says:

Well, I do believe there is a difference between a rant and a realistic perspective. But I know were safe here for that too. Lol

Have really missed the comaraderie of commenting with treepers, but seems schedule is going to get even more grueling so thought to pop in a few minutes today.

Peace and blessings! 👋🙂

4. Garrison Hall says:

5. citizen817 says:

6. Garrison Hall says:

Too cute not to post . . . We’ll just call this one a virtual “Cursday” . . .

7. GB Bari says:

WordPress problems.

Found one resolution this evening to a stubborn problem with WP on this site that arose a few weeks ago.

On my Apple laptop, the Safari browser had been working fine for the past year and a half. Then a few weeks back I started being unable to click the comments notification bell (at the top right of the page) and see the list of Likes and comments from others.

If I logged out of WP and logged back in, I would then have to refresh CTH before anything worked- being able to Like a comment, or Like the article, or posting a comment. Also seeing the list of comments in the popout column on the right side after clicking the bell.

Well none of this made sense. It was inconsistent, I couldn’t replicate the solution when it did work.

Tonight I found the problem.

In Safari, under Preferences, find and UNcheck the setting”Prevent cross-site tracking”.
    That fixed everything.
    Who knew….

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“WordPress problems.”

For at least two weeks now (using Firefox), every time I want to make a comment I have to ‘Fill in details below” to “Leave a reply”. As soon as I enter the first letter, an option pops up for the correct entry I want to click on and auto-fill.

Tonight I had to close out the page and come back to see my post, because just refreshing the page did not work.

• budklatsch says:

Thanks, just unchecked ‘Preventcross-site tracking’. I shall see, WP is an enigma.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Thanks GB Bari…..Now a bunch of us know.

• BigMamaTEA says:

I don’t use Safari, nor do I use Apple anything…..but I’ve been having issue with my reader. I shall take a look-see later. Who knows.

• GB Bari says:

OK Big Mama. This is definitely a setting in Apple Safari browser ver. 12.0.3.
          I don’t know the equivalent setting – or if there is one – in Windows 10.

Also, for Apple users, full disclosure –
          I am using OSX Mojave 10.14.3. I am also using Ghostery (Ad/Tracker Blocker) and it is set to block all Trackers except for Gravatar and WordPress Stats. I wanted to stop blocking ads but when I turn off the blocking I soon get hit with the “You are a lucky Winner” hijack of my browser.

So unfortunately I can’t let CTH get the ad tracking credit. I have tried every combination of security settings possible but it appears that the hijacker uses Javascript, and if i turn off Javascript then some functions in CTH don’t work.

8. rashomon says:

It Snowed Last Night.

8:00 am: I made a snowman.

8:10 – A feminist passed by and asked me why I didn’t make a snow woman.

8:15 – So, I made a snow woman.

8:17 – My feminist neighbor complained about the snow woman’s voluptuous chest saying it objectified snow women everywhere.

8:20 – The gay couple living nearby threw a hissy fit and moaned it could have been two snowmen instead.

8:22 – The transgender man … woman … person asked why I didn’t just make one snow person with detachable parts.

8:25 – The vegans at the end of the lane complained about the carrot nose, as veggies are food and not to decorate snow figures with.

8:28 – I was being called a racist because the snow couple is white.

8:30 – I used food coloring to make one of the snow couple a different color and be more racially inclusive.

8:37 – Accused of using a black face on the snowman…snowpersons.

8:39 – The middle eastern gent across the road demanded the snow woman be covered up.

8:40 – The police arrived saying someone had been offended.

8:42 – The feminist neighbor complained again that the broomstick of the snow woman needed to be removed because it depicted women in a domestic role.

8:43 – The council equality officer arrived and threatened me with eviction.

8:45 – TV news crew from ABC showed up. I was asked if I know the difference between snowmen and snow-women? I replied “Snowballs” and am now called a sexist.

9:00 – I was on the news as a suspected terrorist, racist, homophobe, and sensibility offender bent on stirring up trouble during difficult weather.

9:10 – I was asked if I have any accomplices. My children were taken by social services.

9:29 – Far left protesters offended by everything marched down the street demanding for me to be arrested.

9:45 – The boss called and fired me because of the negative association with work that had been all over social media.

10:00 – I cry into my drink because all I wanted to do was build a snowman…

Moral: There is no moral to this story. It is what this world has become because of a bunch of snowflakes

9. Lucille says:

HAPPY BENCH MONDAY…Portland, Oregon benches….

Legacy Emanuel Children’s Hospital Garden…

John Luby Park…

View of Hawthorne Bridge over the Willamette River…

In memory of Mac Whitaker 1932-1999, Sculpture Garden, Oregon Zoo next to the elephant barn…

Japanese Garden…

10. Deplorable_Infidel says:

The Violent Take It By Force

“Can you explain Matthew 11:12, especially ‘the violent take it by force’?”

“And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.”

The “violence” that the Lord said the kingdom had suffered since John’s day was the violent resistance that the unbelieving leaders in Israel waged against the proclamation of the kingdom gospel. These violent rulers made several attempts on the Lord’s life as He preached the kingdom of heaven (Luke 4:29; John 5:18; John 7:1,19,25; 8:37,40; 10:31). As the Lord went on to explain, these violent attempts on His life were attempts to take possession of the kingdom by force.

The Lord illustrated all this with the parable of the “householder” who represented God (Matt. 21:33), “which planted a vineyard” that represented Israel in the Old Testament (Matt. 21:33 cf. Isa. 5:1,2,7). God “hedged” or “fenced” Israel (Matt. 21:33 cf. Isa. 5:2) with an invisible wall of protection from her enemies, but also “digged a winepress” (Isa. 5:2 cf. Matt. 21:33), which indicated He expected to reap a harvest of grapes from his vineyard to press into wine in return for His efforts. But the “servants” that God sent Israel to gather these fruits, the Old Testament prophets, were violently persecuted (Matt. 21:35,36). Last of all, He sent them His Son (Heb. 1:1,2), but when Israel’s leaders “saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill Him; and let us seize on His inheritance” (Matt. 21:38), His inheritance being Israel (Isa. 19:25).

By Pastor Ricky Kurth

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

Matthew 11:12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

Luke 4:29 And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong.

John 5:18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

John 7:1 After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him.
      19 Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?
      25 Then said some of them of Jerusalem, Is not this he, whom they seek to kill?

John 8:37 I know that ye are Abraham’s seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
      40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.

John 10:31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

Matthew 21:33 Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country:

Isaiah 5:1 Now will I sing to my wellbeloved a song of my beloved touching his vineyard. My wellbeloved hath a vineyard in a very fruitful hill:
      2 And he fenced it, and gathered out the stones thereof, and planted it with the choicest vine, and built a tower in the midst of it, and also made a winepress therein: and he looked that it should bring forth grapes, and it brought forth wild grapes.
      7 For the vineyard of the LORD of hosts is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah his pleasant plant: and he looked for judgment, but behold oppression; for righteousness, but behold a cry.

Matthew 21:35 And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another.
      36 Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise.

Hebrews 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
      2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Matthew 21:38 But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.

Isaiah 19:25 Whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.

11. Troublemaker10 says:

12. Lucille says:

Another skeleton crawls out of Ilhan Omar’s closet
    By Monica Showalter – February 17, 2019

In a story unearthed by U.S. Liberty Wire, citing a deep-weeds Minnesota state political news site, here’s some new information on the decisionmaking of Minnesota leftist Democrat and House Foreign Affairs committee member, Rep. Ilhan Omar, dating from her days in the Minnesota statehouse…

• Ray Runge says:

What is trouble some has been persistently noted at PowerLine Blog in regards Omar. The site has noted many “scandals” in the past years but the “Minneapolis Star Tribune” has simply ignored what was brought by others to the light of day. Recommend the site in regard Omar coverage.

13. rashomon says:

Hillsdale College offers free, on-line courses in history, civics, literature and education. FREE! and you can fit them into your busy schedule. Great for high school students and older pursuers of truth, justice and the American way.

• BigMamaTEA says:

TAKE THEM – TAKE THEM – TAKE THEM. Especially the Constitution course!

Once you sign up……you can watch them all in one weekend, or once a week, however you wish. They filmed actual course taught to Hillsdale students……but you don’t have to take the tests! ha!

14. Dora says:

Francis Luis Mora – Evening News (1914)

• Lucille says:

Beautiful, Dora. So well balanced. The self-assured lady in the center had perhaps just been to the milliner to pick up her lovely turquoise hat which she wears with grace and pride.

One of my treasures is a photo of my maternal grandmother wearing a beautiful hat she created as a requirement for her graduation from millinery school in 1900.

15. smiley2 says:

Justifying Jihad with Ilhan Omar

interview by Arab-American TV host, Ahmed Tharwat ..who once referred to Israel as the “Jewish ISIS”… with Ilhad Omar, following the 2013 Westgate bombing in Nairobi, Kenya perpetrated by Al-Shabab…

…the Somali community’s reaction to the Westgate bombing attack…

more about Ilhan Omar , here…

16. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.”
    Romans 6:14 (KJV)

17. Dora says:

18. Dora says:

I hate vandalism. There must be some other way to show disapproval.

19. smiley2 says:

oils on canvas by Yuri A. Obukhov ~ Russian (b.1965, Perm/Moscow) ~ Contemporary ~
    Landscapes ~ “Romantic Realism”

can’t find the dates/titles for those 2 pieces, or a website for Yuri…

…but here’s a slide show of more of his work…

and better representations, here…

🙂

20. nikkichico7 says:

The Right Perspective
    FEBRUARY 18, 2019

Philippians 1:19-26
    19 for I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayers and the provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,
    20 according to my earnest expectation and hope, that I will not be put to shame in anything, but that with all boldness, Christ will even now, as always, be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death.
    21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.
    22 But if I am to live on in the flesh, this will mean fruitful labor for me; and I do not know which to choose.
    23 But I am hard-pressed from both directions, having the desire to depart and be with Christ, for that is very much better;
    24 yet to remain on in the flesh is more necessary for your sake.
    25 Convinced of this, I know that I will remain and continue with you all for your progress and joy in the faith,
    26 so that your proud confidence in me may abound in Christ Jesus through my coming to you again.

The way we perceive our situation often has a greater impact on our life than the situation itself. You’ve probably seen this for yourself in those who profess to know Christ. One Christian goes through debilitating medical treatments with such trust in God that contentment and joy overshadow the suffering, whereas another believer becomes anxious and resentful.

The setting for today’s passage is Paul’s house arrest. Although the apostle had committed no crime, he found himself unjustly locked up. But despite such dire and seemingly hopeless conditions, he knew he had nothing to lose. If Caesar decided to have him executed, he’d immediately be with Christ, and that was a much better option in Paul’s eyes. If, on the other hand, God allowed him to live, then he could continue a fruitful ministry for the kingdom. His conclusion was, “For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain” (Phil. 1:21).

When we are saved by the blood of Christ, Paul’s statement is true for us as well. Our life is intricately bound up with our Savior, and we can never be separated from Him by any circumstance—not even death.

The word circumstance comes from two Latin roots meaning “around” and “to stand.” Therefore, our circumstances are those things that stand around us, but Christ is the person who dwells within us. Everything we face, He faces. Our difficult and painful situations are an invitation to let Christ shine though us. When He is our life, then no matter what happens, we have nothing to lose and everything to gain. So let’s fix our eyes on Jesus as He leads us through whatever lies ahead.
    intouch.org
    Dr. Charles Stanley

21. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

Mornin WeeWeed!

• nikkichico7 says:

Morning WeeWeed 😃👍❤️🇺🇸❤️‼️

Oh my I Lurve that … fully functional … physically and mentally … pop your way to peace ☮️ .. lol .. 😛

• czarowniczy says:

Back before we had that second bridge across the Mississippi in New Orleans it could take an hour – or more – to get from the east to the west side. Enterprising locals who knew the score would stop and fill up a small cooler with ice cold beer from the gas stations that all had tubs of ice and beer right by their doors. You’d see drivers dead parked in the monstrous jams just a sippin’ away, gettin’ happy while the carbon monoxide and blood alcohol levels rose.

NOPD or the Bridge Police rarely if ever bothered drivers imbibing to cool the irritation unless said driver became obnoxious. We tried to avoid accidents at all costs as it could take either of the PDs, depending on whose jurisdiction the accident was in, hours to respond and when they did they added to the confusion as neither directed traffic at the scene.

Web have that second bridge, the Bridge Cops and the huge jams are gone but the beer stands at the gas stations remain and it’s not unusual to see a driver sipping on a can deftly hidden from sight in that all-concealing brown paper bag…here old habits die hard.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Oh gosh.

Being a New Orleans native, going to work in driving hell early 1970s, from outer Metairie to our office on St. Charles and Jackson, one way in on I-10 unless you wanted to navigate River Road through Harahan…and remembering having to go to Jefferson Parish offices on the westbank, crossing the one and only Miss. River bridge at about 4:45pm…

Gosh, your comment stirred up memories of traffic hell!

Thanks 4 for the memories!

Just kidding!

Peace and have a great day and week!

• czarowniczy says:

Oh yeah, you should have seen me driving a military 18-wheeler over the old GNO, having a right of way tussle with idiots whose cars weighed less than my rear wheels.

And then there was the Huey P. Narrow…

• angellestaria6674 says:

I was going to comment about that very narrow HPL bridge. Been over it many times decades ago. And oh what fun it was to ride along a speeding train! Lol

I actually committed a very scary “crime” on that bridge in the early 70s. Was being harrassed by a truck full of troublemakers….so ended up doing 120mph on that bridge to get away from them.

They caught back up with me at a red light once off the bridge. At that point, seeing as they wanted to rumble, I got out and firmly planted my Browning 9mm on the roof of my car and basically told them…make my day! The only little bit of collective smarts they had, convinced them to get back in their truck and go on down the highway. I had 1 in the chamber, 13 in the clip, 2 more loaded clips in a shoulder holster, and in the car, a short barrel 12ga shot gun and another very large pistol. Those were some dangerous days to drive in the NO area, so I was always loaded for bear. I love our 2nd A!

I was long gone from NO by the time they began to widen it.

Peace and have a great week.

• czarowniczy says:

The bridge belongs to the city of New Orleans but the state owns the roadways hanging off of it. I climbed it and walked it with NOPD while we were doing a terrorism survey, it’s a trip.

It’s illegal for the train yards to park trains on the bride – but they do and no one does anything about it – it’s New Orleans.

The new Huey P. roadways are nice, nice and wide and smooth. It’s like night and day, a pleasure to drive.

As for the gun, it’s standard equipment along with an umbrella, but it’s nowhere near as bad as it was in the late 80s/early 90s. I like your gun choice, BRW, my favorite gun and I do own one, wish I’d have bought one in .40.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Oh yeah, the umbrella. And those 2pm summer afternoon showers that came like clockwork because of the western side of the Bermuda Ridge that would set in for the season.

Would love to see the HPL bridge and road improvements.

Your word’s…”its New Orleans.” Only people who have lived there for some time understand why its called The Big Easy. Dallas, Atlanta and Houston exploded in growth while New Orleans chilled and stayed much smaller. But I read it is now in the top ten cities nationally for new business growth.

I was down there in 10.2017 and had my brother-in-law take a pic of me standing in front of our Garden District home. As a kid, there were 2 little trees I used to climb. Well, 52 years later, those 2 little trees were giant, full grown live oaks towering over the street. I was astonished to get to see that.

I had the Browning made in Belgium. In later years, I used velet ammo. It had an explosive red packed tip that blew up when hitting the target. It made the smaller 9mm bullet equivalent to a lot more. It was a dollar per round. But it was quickly reclassified for LE only. I also later purchased the 8in barrel S&W chrome plated Model 29. Dirty Harry. Loved it. The .40 is a very popular round, especially in a Glock.

• czarowniczy says:

I knew Ms (Carol) Browning when I lived in Ogden, Utah and got to help move some of John Browning’s original pattern pieces and tools when the were moved from a local NG armory.
                  I’ve always loved Browning firearms, just couldn’t afford them. I did have an early 20s Browning semiauto .22 rifle but that went away with a divorce. It was some 60 years old and still shot like it was new.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Wow! Lucky you. Browning quality does not come cheap, but you’re buying a life-time gun when you do.

So glad for ur comments about NOLA. Was in interesting side road on here today.

• czarowniczy says:

Divorces don’t come cheap either. Next divorce we lock ourselves in a room with the Hoi-Powermand winner takes all.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Haven’t been down the road of divorce, but by golly, you actually made me laugh out loud. 😆

• budklatsch says:

Ah yes, wonderful Looseana! Spent a couple years down there with the Grand Army and just enjoyed the hell out of the cajun food and beautiful women. Many, many years ago

• czarowniczy says:

It is a whole nuther place n-tirely

• angellestaria6674 says:

Oh yeah! That cajun food! My mother’s side is Cajun…and could her family ever cook. Don’t even get me started on shrimp po-boys, red beans, rice and sausage with real French bread dripping with garlic butter.

As a kid I lived in the Garden District 3 blocks off St. Charles. Loved taking the streetcar down that beautiful avenue of old Antebellum estates.

Ah! The memories that czarowniczy stirred up!

• WeeWeed says:

Afternoon Z’s!

• BigMamaTEA says:

Afternoon Ms. Wee.

22. Signs of spring in North Texas……………………..the daffodils have popped up………….

23. F.D.R. in Hell says:

24. Someone tell me what’s so bad about this? Assuming the data is accurate.

The interactive map shows how much warmer the US will be by 2050, assuming global warming tracks unabated…………For example, folks living in St. Louis, MO in 2050 will have average temperatures similar residents in Tulsa, OK today………….wouldn’t this mean longer growing seasons in our northern states; maybe several additional crop rotations with higher agricultural out puts? Maybe vegetables and fruits that couldn’t be grown in Kansas, are now viable commercial products ?

• czarowniczy says:

To me the issue isn’t ‘will the climate warm’ but ‘why is the climate warming’. The prgs spin the debate, taking the trend of warming and using it to bolster their self serving doctrine of Capitalism/individual freedom bad – Socialism/social control good.

Note the increasing trend of the Global Climate Change to push international social standardization and control, especially population control. Abortion freely available and the increasing call for eugenics are topics being bandied about, reduce the population so the more valuable members of the population won’t be crowded as they move into the more desirable and temperate areas, just enough mouth breathers being left to serve the more valuable.

Aw shucks, I’m jes agettin’ off target heuh, it’s that thar Georgia Guidestones paranoia abotherin’ me.

25. getfitnow says:

FTA – Good constitutional arguments can be made for and against President Trump´s evocation of emergency powers to address the crisis at our southern border. But the notion that such a declaration would encourage a future Democratic president to do something similar borders on the comic. Democrats don´t need encouragement.Under President Barack Obama, the Constitution was violated more wantonly than a goat at a Taliban bachelor party, and the faithful cheered every violation.

26. Dora says:

How long was Smollett’s “hate crime” story in the making? And more significantly how many more are on the way?

Jussie Smollett’s Sisters Worked for Barack Obama

• Cisco says:

From SecondCityCop.
      Jussie Smollett paid two brothers to stage an attack against him, directed them to buy items used in the alleged assault and actually rehearsed it with them, sources say.

Sources say at least one of the brothers bought the rope used in the incident at Smollett’s request. The sources also say the “Empire” actor paid for the rope, which was purchased at the Crafty Beaver Hardware Store in the Ravenswood neighborhood the weekend of Jan. 25.

The brothers, who were questioned by police this week before being released, were paid $3,500 before leaving for Nigeria and were promised an additional $500 upon their return.

They left for Nigeria later in the day on Jan. 29, after the attack.

Sources said one of the brothers held the rope and poured bleach while the other wore a plain red hat and yelled slurs at Smollett.

The sources say the red hat was bought at an Uptown beauty supply store and that the attack was supposed to happen before Jan. 29. The brothers told detectives the three men rehearsed the attack days prior to it happening.

27. Dora says:

28. roger duroid says:

New York: feminists march on Broadway, demand the street be given new, non-misogynistic name

29. Dora says:

So nice to see them enjoying themselves.

30. Dora says:

It’s no longer a crime. Gov. Cuomo said so.

31. czarowniczy says:

And the madness of a town governed by Democrats continues: New Orleans DA is defending jailing the victims, not witnesses but VICTIMS, of violent crimes who refuse to testify.

The DA’s using that wholesale definition of ‘material witness warrant’ to its max. Scenario: a woman is kidnapped, raperd and escapes. Rapist warns her before she escapes that he’s gone through her purse, knows where she lives and, if she goes to the police or testifies against him, she and her family will be killed. This is not an unusual scenario here, quite a few murders are witnesses the thugs want gone either to hinder prosecution or as a warning to others that snitches die. We had one case last year, just a short walk fro out NOLA house, where the witnesses were shot and their bodies burned in an open space as a warning.

So the police find out somehow that she was raped and go to her demanding the identity of the attacker. She remembers the rapist’s warning, something unnecessary if she’s a NOLA resident as sheknows about ‘the code’, and says she won’t testify. The police report her statement to the DA, the DA’s office confirms she won’t testify, arrests her under a material witness warrant and throws her into the parish prison with all of the criminal garbage that infects it where she stays until she agrees to testify or the DA or a judge releases her.

Yes the city can provide witness protection, you and possibly your immediate family gets a motel room close by until the trial’s over. The witness, spouse and/or children can’t go to work/school as the perp most likely knows where the job/school is. After the trial, in rare cases, the DA may provide some help if you want to uproot and move away but that’s a tossup. Even then the life you know is over.

If the perp goes to jail his family will probably be looking for you/your extended family – another frequent occurrence around here – and if the perp gets off, ditto. The DA’s office will warn the perp that retribution’s a no-no and will help you get a restraining order against the perp though…

So if you get violently assaulted in New Orleans just write it off as a life lesson as if the perp doesn’t get ya the city will and set it up for the perp to get a second shot at you.

32. SwampRatTerrier says:

Have you seen this today – in a Sam’s Wholesale Club.

Man accused of pulling gun on victim wearing MAGA hat

33. Monticello says:

Thu, February 14, 2019
    In just six days this month, five political careers burned to the ground.

On 5 February, 2019 Elizabeth Warren was exposed as a liar and charlatan, having lied about her native American ancestry to advance herself, for decades.

Then between 6 & 11 February, the careers of Virginia politicians and swamp rats Ralph Northam, Justin Fairfax, Mark Herring and the corrupt Tommy Norment were all destroyed in a complex, extremely well planned and calibrated takedown.

Yes, they’re all trying to keep going. But don’t worry. There will be more hits coming, if required.

All of the above are done.

Interesting article. Thoughts? Sundance?

34. Lucille says:

HALLELUJAH!

Massive YELLOW VEST Truck Convoy Crosses Canada To STAND Against Globalists!!!
    Dr. Steve Turley

35. bessie2003 says:

Guess this where to post this (in lieu of the Presidential thread?). it was the press gaggle with Acting Defense Secretary Shanahan.

36. Mandy says:

depressing.

37. GSparrow says:

This story didn’t get much coverage last weekend as far as I know but it is another example of the left pushing, disrespecting, bullying. destroying public property and frightening non political private citizens with impunity while Trump supporters are routinely defamed by vicious lies and hoaxes.

“Protesters take over Border Patrol museum, deface pictures of fallen agents.”

“Dozens of demonstrators occupied and vandalized a privately owned U.S. Border Patrol museum near El Paso, Texas, over the weekend, according to the site’s top official…Because of the museum’s remote location on federal land, military police from Fort Bliss responded to 911 calls. Once the protesters were outside the museum, police detained everyone on site and TOOK DOWN THEIR INFORMATION.”
    How would Trump supporters have been treated if they ever acted like this in a lefty museum?

38. F.D.R. in Hell says:

“Ladies and Gentlemen! Presenting Smurf & Smurfette…

39. getfitnow says:

An interesting perspective from a Hollywood insider.
    FTA – After garnering a host of press attention for a supposed anti-black, anti-gay attack from supposed random supporters of President Trump, involving a noose, Hollywood actor Jussie Smollett looks pretty washed up now that a couple of Nigerians have been implicated by the Chicago cops in the perpetration of a hoax, supposedly to garner sympathy.

But another Hollywood guy, a film producer named Tariq Nasheed, who also goes by hip-hop rapper-like names of “K-Flex” and “King Flex,” thinks this isn’t the end of the story. He smells a political rat.
    His series of tweets raises suspicions that the political response to the matter, led by Democratic presidential candidates Kamala Harris (and Cory Booker), is suspicious, real suspicious, and there might have been a staged setup in order to get a law passed and rack up voter points.

40. 17CatsInTN says:

I’m afraid Cleo might be turning into a bag lady in her older years. Sigh.

41. Blue Ridge Mts. Va says:

Presidents Day has a direct connection at Washington and Lee University

LEXINGTON, Va. (WDBJ7) You see the first president a lot on campus at Washington and Lee, but the most valuable George Washington item here is probably this little, paper book.

“What doesn’t look like much in terms of its physical presence,” said Thomas Camden, Washington and Lee’s Head of Special Collections & Archives, of the book. “It’s a paper, small paper-bound piece, brown with age, 32 pages, but it’s probably one of the rarest pieces we have.”

It is the first printing of George Washington’s will, produced just after he died. This little book is two-hundred and twenty years old, so rare that one hasn’t been seen at auction in years.

“He not only talks about the distribution of his assets as you would imagine, which were substantial, but he also expresses his views,” Camden said.

Commentaries on education, leadership, and slavery, written just a few months before he died.

“This is his last statement,” said Camden. “And it’s powerful. It’s a very powerful document.”

Washington, a slave owner all his life, had come to hate slavery, and asked to have his slaves freed on his death. On leadership, Camden explained, “Public service was based on this sense of duty.”

And because of that, he resisted rewards, like the canal stock he passed on to the small academy that became Washington and Lee, a choice that also gets a mention in the will.

“There’s no question he had some sense of the posterity of this document, that is was going to be something would be looked at over and over,” according to Camden. “And here we are, many years later, looking at it again.”

A little piece of history carrying the voice of the first president to today.

42. Lucille says:

“After Legalizing Abortions Up to Birth, New York Wants to Shut Down Christian Adoption Agency”
    by ALLIANCE DEFENDING FREEDOM February 18, 2019 | 8:30PM ALBANY, NEW YORK

43. Investigation Discovery channel has a show on about Jessica Chambers. I know it will be no where near as in depth as what was done here, but I’m watching. That story still makes my heart sad.

44. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

45. auscitizenmom says:

A prayer for Justice Kavanaugh and Col. Flynn:

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
    be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.